Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Media: "The Lanford Lean Times"

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ESS said:

3x03: Plastics, Trash Talk & Darlene Antoinette press release

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/10/the-conners-episode-303-plastics-trash.html

DARLENE DOESN’T MAKE THE BEST FIRST IMPRESSION AT WELLMAN PLASTICS.

 Darlene isolates herself from her co-workers at Wellman Plastics, leaving them with the impression she is an elitist snob, while Louise decides to teach Harris an expensive life lesson. Jackie has invested everything she has into The Lunch Box and is determined to keep the restaurant running no matter what, leaving some family members to question her actions, on “The Conners,” airing WEDNESDAY, NOV. 4 (9:00-9:30 p.m. EST), on ABC. (TV-14, DL) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

Guest starring is Katey Sagal as Louise, Anna Maria Horsford as Nicole and Evelina Fernandez as Juanita.

 

Sounds like the Lunch Box is circling again and COVID is of course putting it like many other ma/pa stores from closing. Guess they can't curb side. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm glad this show is incorporating the virus; this one and MOM seemed to me the most likely candidates to do that and be able to do it well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/20/2020 at 10:08 PM, readster said:

Sounds like the Lunch Box is circling again and COVID is of course putting it like many other ma/pa stores from closing. Guess they can't curb side. 

I was thinking about the Lunch Box when I saw all these real world restaurants closing around me. I was thinking about how the end of 2019 or the beginning of 2020 would have been a horrible time to open a new restaurant.

Even though I do not think Jackie has had a bad life, I would not be surprised if SHE feels like a failure. She never accomplished or even close to fulfilling anyone of her dreams. She probably never expected Roseanne to die so soon and now her life feels truly empty. This is probably why she feels such a need to hold on to the lunchbox. It was her last real accomplishment and she it brings back fond memories because she opened it with her sister.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, qtpye said:

I was thinking about the Lunch Box when I saw all these real world restaurants closing around me. I was thinking about how the end of 2019 or the beginning of 2020 would have been a horrible time to open a new restaurant.

Even though I do not think Jackie has had a bad life, I would not be surprised if SHE feels like a failure. She never accomplished or even close to fulfilling anyone of her dreams. She probably never expected Roseanne to die so soon and now her life feels truly empty. This is probably why she feels such a need to hold on to the lunchbox. It was her last real accomplishment and she it brings back fond memories because she opened it with her sister.

Oh I agree, especially when you hit that stage in your life and despite the fact she does have her nieces and nephews (and son). She feels in her 60s, what does she really have? Nothing, hell her goes back and forth that her mother is still alive. I mean if Bed did ever die, you wonder if at that point Jackie would realize if it was really the life she grew up with and then did. Or if really, she held herself back for decades. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, readster said:

Oh I agree, especially when you hit that stage in your life and despite the fact she does have her nieces and nephews (and son). She feels in her 60s, what does she really have? Nothing, hell her goes back and forth that her mother is still alive. I mean if Bed did ever die, you wonder if at that point Jackie would realize if it was really the life she grew up with and then did. Or if really, she held herself back for decades. 

I used to envy Jackie and Roseanne's relationship but now I think they had a really unhealthy codependency with each other. I think it never occurred to her that she would be relatively young and healthy (probably has Bev's long lived genes) and Roseanne would be dead. In fact, I think she is taking Roseanne's death harder than Roseanne's husband/children.

I always wondered how her sister would have reacted if Jackie had actually left Lanford and became successful.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, qtpye said:

I used to envy Jackie and Roseanne's relationship but now I think they had a really unhealthy codependency with each other. I think it never occurred to her that she would be relatively young and healthy (probably has Bev's long lived genes) and Roseanne would be dead. In fact, I think she is taking Roseanne's death harder than Roseanne's husband/children.

I always wondered how her sister would have reacted if Jackie had actually left Lanford and became successful.

I think she would have teased her outwardly but inside she would have been bursting with pride.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/20/2020 at 1:49 PM, sara416 said:

Because of a snafu, I have recently learned that mortgage companies are all or nothing. You make a full montlhy payment or it counts as zero. We had an issue where our money was being direct debited from our bank account, but the payment due had gone up (by less than $50) and the mortgage company wasn't taking our money. So it was not in our bank account and just floating around in nowhere land, waiting for us to make a full payment. We were told we were "two months behind" on our mortgage payment, even though the money had left our account on time. If they had a monthly payment of more than $1200, they could throw it at the bank and they still wouldn't apply it to the balance. Mortgage companies are stupid. 

Mortgage companies are stupid ruthless.  Fixed that for ya.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ESS said:

I guess that's to be expected on a new night and time, but 20% isn't too bad although I read it was actually a 30% loss, so which one is it? 20 or 30%?

I don't know.  I wonder if there are different measures of ratings data that includes after original airtime streaming numbers.

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, CrystalBlue said:

I don't know.  I wonder if there are different measures of ratings data that includes after original airtime streaming numbers.

Yeah I don't know either that's why I asked maybe there is different measures either way I don't think it's a bad loss.  

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, ESS said:

Yeah I don't know either that's why I asked maybe there is different measures either way I don't think it's a bad loss.  

I've seen shows with much worst loses and yet they kept them on TV despite the losses. I mean 20-30 is not a huge lose especially considering ABC and many other networks can't seem to find new shows and late premieres due to COVID aren't helping either. But then again, they have trimmed shows to bare miniums like with DWTS and Bachelor and it's becoming more and more obvious that ABC needs to start rethinking shows that are dying or have been dying and ones they need to focus on. Seems like cutting Schooled despite two main stars getting into lawsuits and sexual harassment situations was not a good idea. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think switching time slots was a good idea, but only time will tell. There will inevitably be initial drop-off given the people unaware of the change or who already watch something then and will thus be part of the DVR numbers that come later.  But that's just at first; it may very well level off or come back up.  So it's entirely possible it won't matter.  I just question moving such a tent pole series, but I watch so little television these days I do not know the whole landscape the way I used to in order to see the big picture and spot a strategy.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I don't think switching time slots was a good idea, but only time will tell. There will inevitably be initial drop-off given the people unaware of the change or who already watch something then and will thus be part of the DVR numbers that come later.  But that's just at first; it may very well level off or come back up.  So it's entirely possible it won't matter.  I just question moving such a tent pole series, but I watch so little television these days I do not know the whole landscape the way I used to in order to see the big picture and spot a strategy.

I've seen it happen so many times to good shows. They start dicking around with the time slot and the show eventually disappears.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I've seen it happen so many times to good shows. They start dicking around with the time slot and the show eventually disappears.

I know and they want to argue: "Well, the audience will follow them and we can then get ratings for those times." However, as time has shown that isn't always the case. How many shows ended up dying off because of such a change? It's one thing when the network is ready to give up on the series and the move is to lead to the excuse: "Yeah, see we have to end the series, no one cares anymore." 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, ESS said:

Yeah I don't know either that's why I asked maybe there is different measures either way I don't think it's a bad loss.  

It's not a good thing either, but the next two episodes I think, especially since they are Halloween and Election Day related, should tell the story of whether ratings stabilize or improve.  Hope for the best but expect S03 to be the last?  I don't know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, CrystalBlue said:

It's not a good thing either, but the next two episodes I think, especially since they are Halloween and Election Day related, should tell the story of whether ratings stabilize or improve.  Hope for the best but expect S03 to be the last?  I don't know.

Yeah hopefully they'll improve with those episodes and I hope season 3 isn't the last season. I think the show at least has a few more seasons in it. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, RocknRollZombie said:

Well, they officially don't want Andy as part of this show in any shape or form. Probably just to show how miserable Jackie is and still blames her mother for EVERYTHING WRONG IN HER LIFE! Just kill Bev off and then see what Jackie's excuse is. Come on show, you want to be bold and try something new? Go for it and then maybe you can see you have written Jackie in a box.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, readster said:

Well, they officially don't want Andy as part of this show in any shape or form. Probably just to show how miserable Jackie is and still blames her mother for EVERYTHING WRONG IN HER LIFE! Just kill Bev off and then see what Jackie's excuse is. Come on show, you want to be bold and try something new? Go for it and then maybe you can see you have written Jackie in a box.

Right? She blamed Roseanne for all her problems and now it's Bev. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Right? She blamed Roseanne for all her problems and now it's Bev. 

It would be nice if Jackie developed some agency for her own actions in her later years. However, I have met some older women and men who blame everyone else for their problems.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

It was a really bad idea.

Yes, this bad, ABC hedged bets on Wednesday being their comedy slot would help the show, but deciding to put the utter disaster the Bachelorette is this season (END THE DAMN SHOW). Yeah, this was a very, very bad move. Good old ABC, sink a ratings show hoping it will carry over and keep promoting an already sunk ship.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, readster said:

Yes, this bad, ABC hedged bets on Wednesday being their comedy slot would help the show, but deciding to put the utter disaster the Bachelorette is this season (END THE DAMN SHOW). Yeah, this was a very, very bad move. Good old ABC, sink a ratings show hoping it will carry over and keep promoting an already sunk ship.

Plus they wedged in between The Goldbergs (gawdawful) and Blackish (not much better). TV comedy is a wasteland any more.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Plus they wedged in between The Goldbergs (gawdawful) and Blackish (not much better). TV comedy is a wasteland any more.

How true, I mean Goldbergs is getting OK ratings now and they are trying to do a spin-off of Black-ish with Dre's parents "Old-ish". Other shows are not returning until after the New Year. ABC is so busy trying to "keep" it's Wednesday Comedy Night, it doesn't realize it has shows that are past their prime and ratings are only OK instead of: "Wow, look at that!" 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/11/the-conners-episode-304-birthdays.html

3x04: Birthdays, Babies and Emotional Support Chickens

IT’S BEVERLY ROSE’S FIRST BIRTHDAY ON ABC’S ‘THE CONNERS,’ 
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 18

It’s Beverly Rose’s first birthday – but it’s not all cake and candles – when Becky and Emilio disagree on what kind of party they should have. Meanwhile, Jackie is introduced to someone who wants to be more than friends.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

22 hours ago, RocknRollZombie said:

Episode info for next week’s episode looks like Jackie might get a guy? And this episode is also directed by Fred savage.

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/pressrelease/the-conners-friends-in-high-places-and-horse-surgery-11-25/

Yes and I believe it's gonna be Louise's brother. We know she has a sister, Tiffany I wonder if we'll be seeing her too.

Here's the promo photos for that episode as well. That episode is actually airing the following week which is the 25th. 

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/11/the-conners-episode-305-friends-in-high.html

Edited by ESS
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Holy shit, please tell me that's a nightmare sequence, not reality.

I hope so, I truly hope so because that will be just to much of lazy writing for me to handle now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

At first I was annoyed by the announcement of a new recurring character, as this is already a pretty big cast, but then I read that it will be a transgender character played by a transgender actor, and withdrew my complaint.  That's wonderful, and I hope they do the character justice.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size