Type keyword(s) to search

Superstore Speculation: Spoilers Included

So Town Hall left me open-mouthed and with a number of trailing questions that I'm speculating on. What are your thoughts?

• How will the  coitus be interrupted?
  • Will Garrett even attempt to close the router he opened to hook the vidcam into the livefeed?
  • Will Kelly try revenge on Jonah and/or Amy ? Do you think they'll take the unhinged route?
  • Will Glenn be friend or foe?
  • Will the Party of Five love - hi thar Scott Wolf - spill into using the same pregnancy resolution?
  • Will they use Amy's pregnancy to revisit maternity and other workers rights? It was to be continued, right?
  • How will the humiliation of the broadcast affect Amy and Jonah? 
  • What type of backstory reveals do you hope the season will bring?
(edited)
Spoiler

Justin Spitzer has consistently said in interviews that Amy will definitely give birth, no abortion or convenient miscarriage coming her way.  He gives 2 reasons: one is because her struggle is a central theme, and the other is that it personalizes the worker's rights theme that they are going to bring more into focus. Given their skillful track record, I believe they could make this amazing while still bringing all the funny.

My first thought is that Amy holding a new baby ties her to Cloud 9 more firmly, just when she finally had opportunities to leave, so from a show perspective it's a smart but heartbreaking move to keep it in. 

I'm pretty sure it will be Dina to the rescue in terms of limiting the fallout of the broadcast, so that they aren't fired. And that it will have something to do with how the publicity is improving the bottom line, cue much discomfort.

I have this weird feeling that as a source of conflict, Jonah is going to get a corporate opportunity because of his privileged background.

I like the idea of Kelly replacing Carol as saboteur while fooling everyone else with her pageant school persona. Except for Sandra.

I hope they keep up the annual "Amy and Jonah play games" episode tradition.

Wonder how Dina's kid will affect her interaction with Glenn. And where her sex life goes from here.

Will this be the year Mateo meets ICE?

I'd love to see Cheyanne dance again. 

Edited by Circelily
  • Love 1

Things I hope happen:

Jeff stays gone.  Single Mateo will be more fun anyway.

Kelly turns into an evil schemer.  Not directed against Jonah necessarily, but it will be good to make her a conspiring trouble-maker after they have set her up as sweet and simple.

They get that baby out of Dina and we don't hear more about that storyline.

More Justine.

Garrett gets a hobby or side business.

Response to questions

"How will the humiliation of the broadcast affect Amy and Jonah? " - It won't.  They'll brush it off.  Agree it was a one-time thing.  They will not be a couple in the first few episodes but I don't think either one will be dating anyone.

"Will they use Amy's pregnancy to revisit maternity and other workers rights?"  Hmmm.  I was against the pregnancy story, but since they've gone there, yes, this is a good idea.  They did age discrimination with Myrtle.  Now do maternity.

Things I predict (not that I necessarily think they should happen.)

We still rarely see Adam.  He and Amy share custody but they are not a couple.

Sandra gets some gumption.

Jonah thinks about moving to California, or some place, but hesitates.

• Love 2

Roaster I like your hopes, particularly like the Garrett storyline. On your predictions, it's interesting that we both think Jonah will have opportunity to move, in different ways. 

But I think the bang room broadcast is going to have callbacks, and one will be that Adam will use it as an Out from fatherhood.

What would you like for Sandra?

Spoiler

Spoiler

19 hours ago, Circelily said:

Pictures from Delivery Day are out https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/10/superstore-episode-405-delivery-day.html and together with pics from the Meet the Parents episode, indicates to me that Jonah is going to pretend he's married Amy to give her maternity access to his family's health insurance.

I pretty sure Jonah is too old to stay on his parents health care plan, and I'm pretty sure that Jonah's parents live out of state.

• Love 1
On 10/24/2018 at 8:08 PM, calguy said:

I pretty sure Jonah is too old to stay on his parents health care plan, and I'm pretty sure that Jonah's parents live out of state.

The only way I see possible is an old grandfathered plan and his parents own a business. My husband owns his business and we bought our healthcare before the changes and I know several other business owners in the same position. the rates are sky high but if I wanted I could add my adult son to our plan (at an crazy high rate) . I know another business owner that did this, they added there 30 year old son to the business health plan. when his wife was having twins.  Our plan is what people remember 0 ded, $10 copays but we pay more then a mortgage for it. Do we know what Jonah's parents do? It would be a better explantion that he has been working a second job and get insurance via that. I know it is a story and it is probably going to someone make Jonah the father on the birth certificate because of the forms. I would think Amy would be eligible for baby your baby maternity coverage if this is her second kid and she is living on retail only income. 

Im disappointed that they share a delivery day. I was really looking forward to a crazy episode of just Glenn and his wife and Dina, so many possibiities. 

7 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

The only way I see possible is an old grandfathered plan and his parents own a business. My husband owns his business and we bought our healthcare before the changes and I know several other business owners in the same position. the rates are sky high...

Health insurance seems super complicated. Thank you for these insights, they help a lot.

12 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

Bumping this thread, just in case anyone wants to speculate on the finale.

I hope it's not a Jonah/Amy reconciliation. I never really bought them as a couple, so it's even less plausible for Amy to come back and make a grand gesture.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I hope it's not a Jonah/Amy reconciliation. I never really bought them as a couple, so it's even less plausible for Amy to come back and make a grand gesture.

She will do the lights things that Jonah did for her in episode 1. They get back together. The store  closes down. The end.

I think Amy/Jonah and Dina/Garrett are end game, so I’ve been thinking about other characters:

Carol: Fabulously wealthy and nutty as ever. Thinks she “won” post-Cloud 9 life bc she has the most stuff.

Sandra: Goes to work for Dina’s vet. Deliriously happy with the animals, Jerry, and Tony. Is the actual winner of post-Cloud 9 life.

Justine: 4th wife in a plyg situation, the one who works outside the home and gives her entire paycheck to the other wives. She loves it.

Brett: Is a retired millionaire who works at Cloud 9 for the friendships. He goes to work at Kirkwood. He’s happy as ever.

Sayid: Opens a children’s party venue with his family. (Picture several dour, unhappy people running kids’ parties). He’s happy as ever.

Marcus: Runs a successful website about conspiracy theories. He’s also responsible for the feet. Happy as ever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

In the thread for Deep Cleaning, I proposed 4 possible endings, assuming Amy comes back for Mateo & um, what's his name?  Amy's brother's wedding.  Of the 4 here's the one I most want to see:

d) Amy shows up, is 8 1/2 months pregnant and Jonah is not the dad.  As Amy looks longingly at Jonah, Jonah cries, "oh hell no, not again" and runs as fast as he can in the opposite direction.  Final scene cuts to a "six months later" scene with Jonah sitting on a tropical beach hand in hand with Hannah, who has retired early thanks to her 40% cut of Carol's multimillion dollar settlement with Cloud 9.  

I could also see Bo doing another fireworks off the roof of Cloud 9, in celebration of the wedding, but this time things go horribly wrong and the store burns to the ground (no one in it, of course).  Because how that didn't happen the first time he set off fireworks is beyond me.

But more than anything, the one thing I really want to see in the finale is for Dina's birds to return. 

• Love 1