Type keyword(s) to search

Eliza Dooley: My Fair Selfie

I can't think of a more perfect person to star in a version where it's about making Eliza appealing on the inside rather than the outside. Not because I think there's anything wrong with Karen Gillan's inside (she comes across to me as "maybe not the brightest, but quite sweet"), but because I cannot think of a single celebrity who doesn't have a more appealing outside already. She is literally the only actress who has ever made me jealous because I know I'll never be that pretty.

Yay!  Love, love, love Karen Gillan.  My favorite companion by far (unpopular opinion, I know, but I don't care).  I am so glad she has another show I can watch!

• Love 1

I do sense going forward that at times we're going to mock Karen Gillan for her "American" accent (like there is any one of those--the Brits and Scots often don't know any better though).  I guess she's got some Valley Girl dominating there, but part of what's implied here is that this is a put on by Eliza, a kind of expression of her shallowness.  So I imagine the idea is to have that fade, and we'll see what her accent sounds like as that happens.

Edited by Kromm

I want this to be good as I love Karen Gillan.  I watched the first episode yesterday and was a bit pleasantly surprised, much to my shock.  From the promos, it looked horrid.  I'm hoping this is a sign of good things although I'm worried that they'll run out of plot ideas after a while.

• Love 1