Type keyword(s) to search

Thomas Ravenel (& whomever else he draws into his dysfunction)

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

For Ravenel to say that he basically had to dumb down conversations with Cameron (sic), and state as much while misspelling her name, is blood-boilingly, douche nozzleingly, ass hatty.

Fucker

Yet Cameron is smart enough for her emergency room physician MD. Right Ravenel. She’s blond so she’s dumb. What a jerk. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

For Ravenel to say that he basically had to dumb down conversations with Cameron (sic), and state as much while misspelling her name, is blood-boilingly, douche nozzleingly, ass hatty.

Fucker

She probably resisted his advances/attention at some point, so he has to dirty her up to shore up his frail ego.

Plus, he probably sees Cam as disloyal.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 12

Seriously, why does Thomas give Cameron so much shit in particular? What has Cameron ever done to him but just playfully comment on his behavior in past seasons??

I’m in the camp that believes he doesn’t like her because she never cozied up to him or responded to any of his advances or flirting. Or maybe he hates that she’s a fan favorite who doesn’t get any real online haters...maybe he sees her as a social climbing peasant(especially since she’s gotten so close to Patricia)...really, it’s just baffling the way he picks on her. I understand him picking at Craig because he’s likely jealous of his youth and his natural chemistry with Kathryn, but I simply don’t get the cruel Cameron put-down’s.

• Love 4
On 9/25/2018 at 8:00 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Fucker

This from a dude who uses (and misuses) ten-cent words like “physicality” to make himself sound more urbane.

• Love 7

Seriously, why does Thomas give Cameron so much shit in particular? What has Cameron ever done to him but just playfully comment on his behavior in past seasons??

Cameron used to be oh Thomas' "side" regarding Kathryn - i.e., refusing to appear in scenes with her - and now Cameron has her pretty little lips firmly planted on Kathryn's backside.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Cameron used to be oh Thomas' "side" regarding Kathryn - i.e., refusing to appear in scenes with her - and now Cameron has her pretty little lips firmly planted on Kathryn's backside.

Cameron never refused to be in scenes with Katheryn, she just didn’t want to hang out with her individually and she never hung out with Thomas individually either. In the height of the drama when Cameron had a dinner party she didn’t invite either. 

• Love 7

A friend who loves Poe posted this... jumped out at me.

Legend has it that, while stationed at Fort Moultrie, Edgar Allan Poe had a love affair with a girl named Anna Ravenel— and that she inspired his famous poem “Annabel Lee.” Even spookier— they say she’s buried in an unmarked grave at the Unitarian Church graveyard, + that her ghost continues to appear there from time to time. ?

Learn more about the mystery surrounding Edgar Allan Poe’s stint in CHS here: 

https://chstoday.6amcity.com/edgar-allan-poe-ties-to-charleston-sc/

Edited by Major Bigtime
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I can think of few occupations he could have, that wouldn't hold him in good stead when compared with Ravenel.

I meant better than ED. IMO. Your patients are asleep. Then they move on.

So now, due to the unfortunate death of his attorney, this case will get dragged out even longer than it likely would have anyway.  Too bad for everyone involved.  

It will be interesting to see if Bravo incorporates any of TR's "situation" into the storyline of SC in the coming season/s.  They will either take a defensive hands-off stance, or their baser, messy nature will dominate, and they'll lap it up like a thirsty dog.

5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

So now, due to the unfortunate death of his attorney, this case will get dragged out even longer than it likely would have anyway.  Too bad for everyone involved.  

It will be interesting to see if Bravo incorporates any of TR's "situation" into the storyline of SC in the coming season/s.  They will either take a defensive hands-off stance, or their baser, messy nature will dominate, and they'll lap it up like a thirsty dog.

I think Whitney is the big producer on this show (Haymarket Productions) and brought them all together to begin with. Last I heard he and his mother were distancing themselves from TRav. I don’t see him getting any airtime and the cast will be fed a script (that doesn’t give any fodder for defamation or slander suits) about how “Isn’t it a shame”.... or “I told you this wasn’t going to end well...” chats that tie it up quickly and quietly. 

• Love 5

This was in People Magazine.  It is in regard to Trav’s response to Katherine’s attempt to gain primary custody of the children.

“Thomas Ravenel is requesting that the court issue a restraint prohibiting Dennis from discussing their litigation on the show, on social media and with the press. He is also asking the court to prohibit their children from being filmed or featured on the show.”

The issue I have with this is that he never had a problem having the kids being on the show when he was part of it.  He is just trying to hurt her now.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 21

I don’t think children under age should be on any reality TV show no matter what it is or who the parents are. This never has a good ending and children have enough trouble navigating this crazy world with very involved, educated, caring parents. Which very few of these reality parents are at all. Boy, I feel sorry for all of these kids. Life is hard enough without being reared by parents who are so disfunctional themselves.

• Love 6
On 11/8/2018 at 10:11 PM, Emmeline said:

“Thomas Ravenel is requesting that the court issue a restraint prohibiting Dennis from discussing their litigation on the show, on social media and with the press. He is also asking the court to prohibit their children from being filmed or featured on the show.”

My problem with this is that he had no problem sharing their custody issues on social media, on the show, or in the press when he was a part of the show. I don't care about whether or not the kids are filmed, although I personally have an issue with underaged children being filmed on a reality show because it ignores their right to privacy. I do care that Thomas is once again limiting Kathryn's ability to tell her story and using the children to do so.

• Love 13

So T-Bag just drunkenly posted/deleted this pic on his Instagram today:

This was actually from a polo match today...apparently both parties were a HOT MESS as usual and got into it after all the booze kicked in. Never mind that he has been “bad mouthing” the mother of his children from the moment she gave birth.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

This was actually from a polo match today...apparently both parties were a HOT MESS as usual and got into it after all the booze kicked in. Never mind that he has been “bad mouthing” the mother of his children from the moment she gave birth.

Maybe it's along the line of the philosophy of 'I can say whatever I want about the mother of my children, but for everyone else, that's off limits'.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, b2H said:

Maybe it's along the line of the philosophy of 'I can say whatever I want about the mother of my children, but for everyone else, that's off limits'.

But, he knew Ashley was badmouthing Kathryn the entire time he was with her. She was doing it on social media, the show, and in interviews. Now suddenly, he has a problem with it?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

But, he knew Ashley was badmouthing Kathryn the entire time he was with her. She was doing it on social media, the show, and in interviews. Now suddenly, he has a problem with it?

It was just fine because she was parroting exactly what he wanted people to hear…now that his foot is no longer on Kathryn's neck, he has to pretend to care.  Plus, I'll bet Thomas' lawyer told him to distance himself from Ashley & her comments and fast.

• Love 8

Yyyyyuck!!! What planet is Ashley on, romanticizing their weird year together like that?! So gross and tacky...and she pretty much is reviled by a national television audience now thanks to him. 

On the flip side, I’ll admittedly miss him on the show, gross and abhorrent as he is—-he made me laugh so many times...like I was just in Asheville, NC this week and had to chuckle at the memory of T-Rav terrorizing the locals throughout that entire episode of the crew in that city, such as him drunkenly hitting on some young hipster chicks on the street(after which Whit desperately herded him away), yelling out at a bar “Is that bluegrass? I fuckin’ hate bluegrass!”, or the classic line he uttered at that gal who sneered at his advances: “I won’t bite you, vampire!” 

He has some golden moments. Sadly, I dunno if the show will be nearly as interesting without him and his seedy buddy JD around to keep things extra weird and gross.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Ashley is still romanticizing him and her relationship with him.  This chick is goofy.  

Note:  It isn't a video, just a photo montage.  It was barftastic.

Screenshot (376).png

Oh ick! Looks like Thomas will forever be her one claim to fame, tacky as that is.

• Love 4

We can only hope that T-Rav will eventually make the jump to “Love After Lock Up”—an incredible train wreck of a reality show that I just discovered last week on WE in which newly minted parolees finally get to be united with their prison pen pal love interests. 

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

We can only hope that T-Rav will eventually make the jump to “Life After Lock Up”—an incredible train wreck of a reality show that I just discovered last week on WE in which newly minted parolees finally get to be united with their prison pen pal love interests. 

If he is again incarcerated, you just KNOW there will be women who write to him and pledge their undying love! I guess it won’t hurt that even if he’s a two-time felon he’ll still be very rich. 

• Love 4
On 11/11/2018 at 11:35 PM, Sun-Bun said:

What kind of a fashion mashup is this?  Good lord, it must have been laundry day.  Floppy sun hat for the pool/beach (should be a woolen felt floppy) and bad Rachel Zoe style faux fur vest over athleisure wear.  Next to a lady wearing a white lace sundress after Labor Day.  Lovely choices.

ETA: Perhaps Ashley can't decide if she's the white swan or the black swan.  So she's both.  (which says a lot)

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 6

“Thomas Ravenel, the former South Carolina treasurer and “Southern Charm” reality television star, was named in a new lawsuit by the woman who said Ravenel sexually assaulted her when she worked as a nanny for the household nearly four years ago.

The suit, which also names “Southern Charm” show-runners (Bravo, Haymaker Content, NBC Universal and Comcast) as defendants, seeks unspecified damages.

Ravenel is also charged with second-degree assault and battery in connection to the incident, a misdemeanor that carries up to three years in prison if convicted.”

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/former-nanny-sues-southern-charm-star-thomas-ravenel-bravo-in/article_08c4ca90-fd5e-11e8-9c90-879c38f8b1f2.html

“In the complaint, she claims that Bravo, NBC Universal, Comcast and Haymaker are responsible too as they “created, permitted and encouraged Southern Charm plot lines that focus on alcohol, sexual encounters, and the concept that male cast members, including Defendant Ravenel, suffer from ‘Peter Pan Syndrome’ and they are the ‘Lost Boys’ and Charleston is their ‘Neverland.’“

https://people.com/tv/southern-charms-nanny-dawn-sues-thomas-ravenel-bravo-in-connection-with-assault-allegations/

• Love 2

Yes, and I’ve been waiting for someone to comment since looked online and found the owner (and presumably banner hanger) ‘s name but I don’t know how he fits into TRav’s life and who the lady in question is who is presumably sleeping with TRav and thus making this man so upset as to hang this sign outside his house on Murray Street in Charleston.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Has anyone been following the trials and tribulations of "the banner?"

https://www.live5news.com/2019/05/28/banner-hanging-home-charlestons-battery-blasts-thomas-ravenel/

So the people whom the reporter interviewed were concerned that the banner was an eyesore?  Those are some weird priorities.  I'm glad a news program picked up the story, so that the person who hung this 'public service announcement' could reach a larger audience.

• Love 3
(edited)

There was an article out yesterday about T. Rave's income!!! Omg, it was an insane figure. I think it was over $153,000.00 per month. His expenses were around $60,000.. Per month. I'll try to find link and post tomorrow. I'm on phone and can't do it right now. (Corrections made on figures.)

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

There was an article out yesterday about T. Rave's income!!! Omg, it was an insane figure. I think it was over $300,000.00 per month. His expenses were around $100 ,000. Per month. I'll try to find link and post tomorrow. I'm on phone and can't do it right now. 

https://realityblurb.com/2019/07/12/thomas-ravenels-massive-salary-is-revealed-in-court-documents-how-much-does-the-former-southern-charm-star-earn/

• Love 1

Strange to me that a guy (TR) who makes a chunk of his living from real estate, lists mortgage expenses, but still pays $6k a month in rent.  I suppose it could be office space at the top of Charleston's tallest building...oh wait, that's a church.  On second thought...

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Strange to me that a guy (TR) who makes a chunk of his living from real estate, lists mortgage expenses, but still pays $6k a month in rent.  I suppose it could be office space at the top of Charleston's tallest building...oh wait, that's a church.  On second thought...

Yeah, I guess he's trying to get his expenses up. The less his net income, the less his child support might be. But, he has plenty to provide for the children.    Makes me wonder if he really was so stingy with Kathryn's child support.  Hmmm.....

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Makes me wonder if he really was so stingy with Kathryn's child support.

Like too many others, I would imagine his stinginess was in direct proportion to how pissed off he was in a given month.  These children are mostly the ammo for a couple of assault weapons.

• Love 3