Type keyword(s) to search

Thomas Ravenel (& whomever else he draws into his dysfunction)

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Sooner Smiles said:

I hope this is the right place to post this. Apparently Ashley is in Santa Barbara and was supposed to get paid to do a club appearance. Page Six is reporting that the club has cancelled her appearance and apologized to their LGBT patrons for booking her in the first place. I feel like I’m missing part of this story. Does anyone know what the scuttlebutt is?

I am trying to find out.  The club is having Queen of Pride that night and I am friends/semi-coworkers (same boss, different office) with the host Vivian Storm.  Plus some of my FB friends are going.  I looked up the club yesterday and it had nothing about her appearing.  I am also friends with a bouncer at another club and these guys all seem to know each other so I have asked him to get some info if there is any.  

Yesterday I was on a walk and saw a woman who was dressed sort of nicely and of average height who looked extremely thin.  Like toddler clothes wearing thin (sad really).  Had I known at that time AJ was back in town I may have tried to get a peek of her face.

18 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She's at it again!  I don't understand why her employer doesn't stop this.  (I blurred out the patients' faces)

Screenshot (138)_LI.jpg

SHE didn't blur their faces??????  It is making me sick she is using these people as props.  How she is still working there is beyond me.  Does the company know yet?  Surely someone has sent this to them.  I hope.

• Love 12
52 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

SHE didn't blur their faces??????  It is making me sick she is using these people as props.  How she is still working there is beyond me.  Does the company know yet?  Surely someone has sent this to them.  I hope.

She’s back in Santa Barbara and not in uniform so these could be ex patients who gave their consent.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I am trying to find out.  The club is having Queen of Pride that night and I am friends/semi-coworkers (same boss, different office) with the host Vivian Storm.  Plus some of my FB friends are going.  I looked up the club yesterday and it had nothing about her appearing.  I am also friends with a bouncer at another club and these guys all seem to know each other so I have asked him to get some info if there is any.  

Yesterday I was on a walk and saw a woman who was dressed sort of nicely and of average height who looked extremely thin.  Like toddler clothes wearing thin (sad really).  Had I known at that time AJ was back in town I may have tried to get a peek of her face.

She did not.  I can't believe it either.  I suppose it's possible that she had their permission to exploit put them on her social media, but it's really untoward imo.  Bad judgement oozes out of her pores.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She did not.  I can't believe it either.  I suppose it's possible that she had their permission to exploit put them on her social media, but it's really untoward imo.  Bad judgement oozes out of her pores.

JEEZUS!  I don't even post pics of my niece without her mothers permission.  I have a feeling the families wouldn't give permission for this.  There is also something about that pic that makes me think it was taken quickly.  I don't know why I think that and its entirely possible I am pulling that out of my rear end.  She certainly has a problem with boundaries.  Patients are not props or photo ops you fucking weirdo!  

• Love 5

Charmers,

Ashley was invited to appear at the club.  The pride event was then added to their calendar.  Ashley will not be appearing at the pride event. So her club appearance is off (not that I think there are thousands of people crying over the missed opportunity to meet her).

If you want to comment on this story, please remember that PTV has a NO POLITICS rule. There are many places on line to discuss all things political.  PTV is not one of them.  We are all about TV!

Thanks!

• Love 2
(edited)

Yikes, Ashley seems incredibly desperate and unhinged. 

I keep remembering Thomas’s description of how they met after she pointed and then crooked her finger at him in a bar. And supposedly that was the beginning of this sick relationship. Of course low self-esteem Thomas would fall for an attractive young woman doing that but it said a lot to me about her attitude at the time. She wanted to hitch her wagon to his “star” and thought she was going to be the next Kathryn but more successful in getting him to marry her and share all his worldly goods.

Then everything began going wrong after the season’s filming started, especially when the allegations against him came to light. As we’ve seen, every time she pushed for marriage he pulled away. She may have tried to ignore it but it had to penetrate her consciousness that she was failing in her attempts to secure him. I think that and the rejection from most of the cast caused her to double and then triple down on her efforts.

That conversation between them in Hilton Head where she ask who “the boss” was and he said it was him and then she “corrected” him by saying it was her was an obvious power struggle. Thomas clearly will always think he is in the prime position and she was flailing. Probably in the very beginning of the relationship she had control because he was infatuated and just happy that a young and attractive woman seemed to want him so much. (I think he’s a sad, lonely, and sometimes very angry man who gets rejected a lot because he hits on much younger women in bars when he’s inebriated.)

By the time cameras were rolling the relationship was starting to fail and his infatuation seems to have disappeared. All I get from her is desperate desperate desperation to make the relationship work and he acts like he is tired of her if not outright despises her. He also acts like a man who realizes he’s been duped but for some reason (her threats to tell all?) he can’t just end it and give her a plane ticket home (TM Captain Lee).

She is trying so hard because she failed completely. She lost. She knows she’s a despised villain to most viewers. (And there’s the whole shady shit going on in the social media underworld about her allegedly harassing Luzanne Otte and inciting her followers to fight with her detractors, etc.) 

To go back to Santa Barbara without the ring (and no more TV role so no chance at a redemption arc), especially after all their relationship failure was broadcast to the world, is too painful to contemplate. She comes across as sick, abused, and deluded. Whether from anxiety or drugs or both, she looks like a cadaver.

Having said all that, the pile-on at the reunion (so many exaggerated disbelieving looks and eye rolls) made me uncomfortable and I honestly hope she gets help. Thomas is not worth it! 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 8
On 7/27/2018 at 4:34 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I wonder if the place she is working has some kind of overall permission being granted by patients for social media posts? It seems odd that she keeps posting, unless if she's that stupid at work too? I know I signed a permission slip when my kid went to preschool that their image could be used on social media and advertising as the schools sees fit. Could these places do the same maybe?

• Love 1

I would never sign a permission slip that allowed  my children’s photos to be used on social media and advertising from their school or anywhere else. My kids are too old to be posted on FB but we won’t post our grandchildren on sm except to family and very close friends. There are too many truly sick people in the world now. Protect your children at all costs!!

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, hottesthw said:

I wonder if the place she is working has some kind of overall permission being granted by patients for social media posts? It seems odd that she keeps posting, unless if she's that stupid at work too? I know I signed a permission slip when my kid went to preschool that their image could be used on social media and advertising as the schools sees fit. Could these places do the same maybe?

I can't imagine that preschools and healthcare facilities for the seriously ill would be following the same social media protocol, but a lot of stuff pretty much stuns me anymore. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, hottesthw said:

No. It's a violation of HIPAA for a healthcare provider to do this unless the patient has specifically consented to the picture and its use. You are allowed to use surveillance cameras in common areas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_health_information?wprov=sfla1

My agency has fired people for this. Our HIPAA officers have fake Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts to catch this with our 10,000 employees.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 9

The only photo I've ever put on social media of myself, is my LinkedIn profile pic.  In for a penny/in for a pound I guess, but I don't put myself on FB, IG, etc., I sure wouldn't think it appropriate to post a photo of a patient, any patient, in any healthcare setting.  If they or their families want to do it, fine, but it wouldn't originate with me.

Ashley has shown a pretty gargantuan lack of common and uncommon sense.  This is just one more exhibit for the Prosecution.

• Love 2

The curious part then is why hasn't her employer instructed her to take them down and stop posting them. Or have they? I enjoy the convo here but don't care enough for any of these folks to follow them in real time on SM.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, hottesthw said:

The curious part then is why hasn't her employer instructed her to take them down and stop posting them. Or have they? I enjoy the convo here but don't care enough for any of these folks to follow them in real time on SM.

They may not know about it. If they do, the only recourse is to discipline or fire her, try to get her to remove the pictures, report her to her licensing board, and report themselves to HHS.

43 minutes ago, hottesthw said:

The one of the child wasn’t posted on SM but rather sent to someone. I am pretty sure the one that is posted on her IG is expatients she was visiting in Santa Barbara.

2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Not that I wouldn’t rejoice if ths was true, thought I sort of feel that Ashley deserves a longer term hell with tr because of how despicable she was this season...but I digress. I dont get ‘reputable’ from that website, but if they did break up, I’d be waiting for the inevitable make up...these two assholes live for their Z list fame and I’d assume they’re playing us all at this point to try and squeeze every penny from whatever is left of their sad faux reality fame.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/28/2018 at 9:28 PM, nexxie said:

Maybe she finally got a moment of clarity and discovered the truth in what all were telling her.  I honestly came away thinking she was battered, if not physically then certainly emotionally.  She may have figured out that the lies she was spewing, especially if she watched her 'act' on the reunion, just wasn't worth it, when she wasn't getting the ring she thought she'd deserved.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

She's at it again!  I don't understand why her employer doesn't stop this.  (I blurred out the patients' faces)

Screenshot (138)_LI.jpg

As an RN, I just can't begin to understand what she is thinking. Everyone knows this is unethical and illegal.

• Love 5

She literally JUST deleted her instagram. I went to look at that post above and pictures kept disappearing, and then she changed her name on it and then POOF, it was just gone.

ETA: And now it's back. Just completely empty. LOL Edited by mjstrick
  • Love 11
On 8/8/2018 at 11:55 AM, mjstrick said:

She literally JUST deleted her instagram. I went to look at that post above and pictures kept disappearing, and then she changed her name on it and then POOF, it was just gone.

ETA: And now it's back. Just completely empty. LOL

Now it says the account was hacked.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, nexxie said:

Now it says the account was hacked.

And I'm the Queen of England.

The girl is a total loon.  It's her way of putting stuff out there that she shouldn't be putting out there and explaining it away as "not her fault".   Thomas is no saint and he's got his own brand of lunacy, but this girl really took him to town.  Toss in "fool" with "loon" for Thomas.  They were equal parts guilty out of the gate but she nudged ahead of him since she managed to take him down with her with or without sexual harassment claims. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

The cast will do anything to save the show so they can keep collecting those fat Bravo checks. Suddenly Kathryn is a martyr and Thomas is a creep.

Or, maybe it's just that Kathryn is getting her life under control and Thomas's creepy behavior has been unearthed.

I don't feel Kathryn is a martyr.  Thomas has had creepy ways since the beginning, but I'm not ready to kick him to the curb where sexual harassment charges are concerned until the investigation points to guilt.   

The sexual harassment charges and his behavior toward Kathryn prior to and during Ashley's stint are two separate things.  The former is unforgivable.  And maybe not even the latter.  However, he and Kathryn were equal parts "mess" for a long time.  The only difference now is that Kathryn got better and Thomas never did.  In fact, he seems to have gotten worse by bringing Ashley into it.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Of course, but my post was written in the context of the cast's sudden about-face on Kathryn and Thomas.

imo it’s about two good redemption stories - Kathryn cleaning up her act, and several cast members seeing that they misjudged both Kathryn and Thomas and wanting to make things right. 

• Love 4

I think the cast attitude turnaround is partly because they bought into Kathryn being crazy, were happy to believe it was all her, but now that they see Girlfriend #2 also going off the rails they realized that Ravenel is manipulative and crazy-making. His MO since S1 has been to stir the pot with the women and then sit back and watch-it's all about him but he's not the one making a scene. It's very 8th grade, except more sad because he's a 50 year old screwing with much younger women and impacting his kids lives.  Add the serious rape/assault charges to what they saw play out this season-and I can't think why anyone would stick up for Thomas?

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Heathrowe said:

It's very 8th grade, except more sad because he's a 50 year old screwing with much younger women and impacting his kids lives. 

Let's round up to 60.  Thomas had a birthday on Saturday...his 56th.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He does his annual I quit but it’s probably true this time because he was fired 

7641E763-C5A8-419A-A097-D293F0694718.png

More like he took advantage of a bunch of women and now sits out on his plantation in exile.

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, Heathrowe said:

I think the cast attitude turnaround is partly because they bought into Kathryn being crazy, were happy to believe it was all her, but now that they see Girlfriend #2 also going off the rails they realized that Ravenel is manipulative and crazy-making.

I don't think the cast suddenly realized Ravenel was manipulative.  None of them actually went against TRav until at the reunion after the rape allegations broke.  The narrative of the season was that TRav is trying to get along with Katherine for the kids and Katherine was doing her program to get the kids back.  Ashley was the crazy lunatic gold digger all season that poor TRav was going to have to buy off to make her go away.

None of that put the cast in a place where they had to go against TRav to support Katherine's redemption edit.  I have no doubts that if TRav had still been demonstratively anti-Katherine there would have been a whole lot more doubt about whether she had changed from everyone.

I think they didn't say anything against TRav because of the reach of his family or because he's prone to violence and was too big a star on the show to tangle with and win.  The rape allegations likely created a situation where their social circle felt liberated to speak their mind on TRav without fear of whatever retribution they might be subject to either in the circles they move in or with the show.

• Love 2