Type keyword(s) to search

Thomas Ravenel (& whomever else he draws into his dysfunction)

• Start Topic

It is time to accept that Thomas and Kathryn are not Thomas and Kathryn; they are two separate people with their own storylines. This is now the TRav thread.  You can also talk about other folks whose primary attachment to the show is through TRav.  

• Love 6
(edited)

@PrincessPurrsALot,  would it be possible to remove that "A" name from this title and just have it say "& whomever..." Why? Because putting her name there feeds her crazy, like she's someone important, and I'd rather have her be nameless except in actual posts...just my two cents...(and yes, I know I need to get a life!)

Thanks @PrincessPurrsALot!

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

To carry over a thread about Ashley's licensing/qualifications, which was started back up on the Cameran thread - 

Screenshot (86).png

Correct me where I go wrong, but to become a nurse is no small feat.  A great deal of education is required, right?    Ashley can't be too dimwitted.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Correct me where I go wrong, but to become a nurse is no small feat.  A great deal of education is required, right?    Ashley can't be too dimwitted.

I don't think she is dimwitted but does have other aspirations as to where she envisions her life to go.

• Love 3
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Jextella said:

There is a huge difference between an RN and an LVN. To get an RN degree one must go to a full 4 year college program, plus I think additional schooling. It's n that dissimilar to med school, a lot of science in al its forms, psych, you name it. For an LVN, I believe it's a one year program that allows one to do the grunt work of a nurse, but no meds or heavy stuff. Think, a notch above a CNA. The perfect degree for Ashley, only a year, then she can go right into changing bedpans and bathing dying rich dudes in hospice. 

ETA: There are very few people I would say th above about, sadly, Ashley is one of them. Possibly the only one.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Having an education and a degree have nothing to do with the quality of one's character & integrity. Predators,  narcissists, and emotionally unstable can be educated. For what its worth, just read an article that states Washington DC has the highest amount of psychopaths, ie. educated and accomplished.

From what we have seen, (including rumors to her real-life character), Ashley is in the "Danger, Will Robinson" ( reference to Lost In Space aficionados) me. Her performance in SC seems her "authentic self" to me.  Watch her face/eyes.  

Giving her the benefit of the doubt, who, in their right mind, ( that has an ounce of self-respect ) would portray herself like this . . . on Reality TV no less, where we have the lowest of low standards.

A performance so alarming, Patricia says she is a golddigger. 

Love watching people like Ashley from afar, in the safety of my home. Nice change from reading about them, and certainly better than having to interact with them in real life.

• Love 13
(edited)
On 4/30/2018 at 8:18 AM, druzy said:

ashley.png

a1.png

2 hours ago, gingerella said:

There is a huge difference between an RN and an LVN. To get an RN degree one must go to a full 4 year college program, plus I think additional schooling. It's n that dissimilar to med school, a lot of science in al its forms, psych, you name it. For an LVN, I believe it's a one year program that allows one to do the grunt work of a nurse, but no meds or heavy stuff. Think, a notch above a CNA. The perfect degree for Ashley, only a year, then she can go right into changing bedpans and bathing dying rich dudes in hospice. 

ETA: There are very few people I would say th above about, sadly, Ashley is one of them. Possibly the only one.

Like many people Ashley started out as an LVN but then became an RN in 2017. (See the screenshot of her California license quoted in this post, she got her SC RN license in 2018 posted above in this thread).

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

You caught that Ashley is an RN right?

• Love 2

I don't consider it gold digging when two competent adults, who are in a relationship agree on certain financial arrangements.  Ashley is a mature, educated adult who has her own career. (Being an RN is huge! It's very difficult to get that.  It takes an enormous amount of smarts, skills, work and devotion.)  Thomas is a former State Treasurer.  He's not an ignorant man on finances.  How old is Thomas....?  Sixty or so?  lol  He's no fool and from what I have seen plenty able to blow money any way he wants.  Pardon the pun.  

I don't believe that Thomas is really concerned over paying for Ashley's expenses.  I think that is a smokescreen.  I haven't figure out the truth, yet, but, I don't believe his contentions about mistrusting her motives. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She just became licensed in MAY? So, she lived off Thomass for about a year. Nice gold-digging skills, especially with no pregnancy. 

Endorsement takes no more than a month. Most states much less.

10 hours ago, gingerella said:

That's not true. LVNs/LPNs are real nurses. RNs can be ASN educated.  No Bachelor's is required for licensure in any state.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Her post: "Its so empowering to have a REAL career with REAL responsibilities."

That's a dig at Kathryn.

Bitch.

And a few other cast members(Craig, Cameron, Austen) since their only jobs are appearing on this show as well.

• Love 5

Maybe, Bravo needs to incorporate a provision into their contracts where the cast can't diss other cast members or their regular guests for not having another official job, since, it's really like insisting that they have two jobs.  I assume that some of them live on Trust funds, investments, and/or property investments. It's probably not hard for Thomas or the others to devote to filming, since their schedule is pretty much of their own making.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bossa Nova said:

That's a dig at Kathryn.

Bitch.

If Ashley or any of them had a real job, they probably wouldn't be able to film the show. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

If Ashley or any of them had a real job, they probably wouldn't be able to film the show. 

Precisely! Unless you own your own business or are independently wealthy, you don't have the free time to film one of these shows. What person with a regular job can afford to stop working or severely limit working for 3 or 4 months every year? And what job would let you? It's the reason why these shows get a lot of real estate agents and people who own their own businesses.

• Love 7
(edited)

So I went to look at Ashley's Instagram and in her bio it says Call girl now living the charmed life in South Carolina. But then I looked again and it's Cali girl, as in California. 

ETA: Well, I just looked back through her Instagram pre-Thomas. She seemed to be a pretty sane girl. Didn't seem like a partier, just a big hiker and very close with her sister. She got a certificate of appreciation for working at the same health center for five years, so she was pretty stable. Weird how meeting the wrong person (TRav) can take you down a weird path in life. 

Edited by TheFinalRose
to relay my impressions of her Instagram pre-TRav.
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Higgins said:

Endorsement takes no more than a month. Most states much less.

That's not true. LVNs/LPNs are real nurses. RNs can be ASN educated.  No Bachelor's is required for licensure in any state.

That was my point. She has been in SC how long now but just got certified in May?

11 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

That's a dig at Kathryn.

Bitch.

11 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

And a few other cast members(Craig, Cameron, Austen) since their only jobs are appearing on this show as well.

Jealous much, Ashley? She'd give her right arm to be a regular cast member on the show. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't consider it gold digging when two competent adults, who are in a relationship agree on certain financial arrangements.  Ashley is a mature, educated adult who has her own career. (Being an RN is huge! It's very difficult to get that.  It takes an enormous amount of smarts, skills, work and devotion.)  Thomas is a former State Treasurer.  He's not an ignorant man on finances.  How old is Thomas....?  Sixty or so?  lol  He's no fool and from what I have seen plenty able to blow money any way he wants.  Pardon the pun.  

I don't believe that Thomas is really concerned over paying for Ashley's expenses.  I think that is a smokescreen.  I haven't figure out the truth, yet, but, I don't believe his contentions about mistrusting her motives. 

LOL! He's 55, will be 56 in August. He's aged quickly on this show, for sure, looks very different from Season 1.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

That was my point. She has been in SC how long now but just got certified in May?

Yes could have been licensed a long time ago if she applied. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

Jealous much, Ashley? She'd give her right arm to be a regular cast member on the show. 

I actually think that every episode is an Ashley audition.  I think she has some genuine crazy, but I feel like most of what we see is acting.  Bad acting.

• Love 7
(edited)
17 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

So I went to look at Ashley's Instagram and in her bio it says Call girl now living the charmed life in South Carolina. But then I looked again and it's Cali girl, as in California. 

ETA: Well, I just looked back through her Instagram pre-Thomas. She seemed to be a pretty sane girl. Didn't seem like a partier, just a big hiker and very close with her sister. She got a certificate of appreciation for working at the same health center for five years, so she was pretty stable. Weird how meeting the wrong person (TRav) can take you down a weird path in life. 

Interesting.  I wonder what happened to her.....I mean, besides Thomas. Was the healthcare facility a Hospice center?  I've read that continually dealing with loss over long periods of time can really mess with your psyche. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

That's why as awful as she and Kathryn are, I have some sympathy for them.

Most of this season, Kathryn's TH's have had a theme of how TRav kept her down, messed with her head, demoralized her,etc.

Maybe it's because she is in the early stages of recovery, but.  Where is the empathy for another woman who probably will be treated as poorly as she was?

Kathryn and the rest of the ladies were trash talking her before they even met her and before Hilton Head.

For all the talk of girl code this season, and what they know of TRav, they had long knives waiting for Ashley, pre Hilton Head.  

I dislike her, but she has no one in her immediate circle.  At least production keeps Dani around so Kathryn always had a champion on her side.  That's according to an interview with Kathryn. Dani doesn't want to be on the show, but stays so Kathryn always as an ally.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Where is the empathy for another woman who probably will be treated as poorly as she was?

Not sure Kathryn owes her much empathy.  Ashley has gone beyond the pale in criticizing K, whether deservedly or not, when A hardly knows anything about K.  Ashley has taken all her information about Kathryn from a not-too-unbiased source who is a little beyond the pale himself.

I have been the second wife of a man with children from his first wife.  The woman was an absolute psycho who ultimately drove him to attempt suicide over child support when he’d lost his job.  As far as I can remember, I never said a word against her other than to my now-ex.

• Love 9
(edited)

Hilton Head changed the dynamic without a doubt, but before that night, the other girls had already been trash talking her.

Before Shep's bbq, it was "thirsty", "dehydrated" "who moves across country" at Naomie’s house.  Nobody, at any time, showed even the teeniest concern about a another woman getting into a relationship with a guy that they know is horrible.

All they did was throw shade to bolster their friend's ego.  And pat themselves on the back for their girl bonding.  

Even if Ashley weren't psycho, based on the group of girls behind the back comments, she never had a chance with this group from the very beginning, episodes before Hilton Head.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Interesting.  I wonder what happened to her.....I mean, besides Thomas. Was the healthcare facility a Hospice center?  I've read that continually dealing with loss over long periods of time can really mess with your psyche. 

I was a RN for over 20 years. I lost count, it just seemed like always. After retirement I decided to work with Hospice as a volunteer. I lasted two years. You become close to the people and watch their progression go downhill and there’s never any hope. I lost 7 people over that time and needed time off as it was making me sad and I became scared to enter into relationships because I was so used to loss. It took me two years to recover. You don’t getas close to them in a facility setting but it can do a number on your state of mind. Not that I care to defend Ashley, but I understand what it is like better than most. I don’t think that (her previous job) screwed with her head as much as I think Thomas and production have. 

• Love 14

That's a tough thing to go through Mindthinkr.  Your career is commendable. I can't imagine working in that type of situation.  I have a family member in a facility where most are terminally ill and it's extremely challenging for the family members. I could not be there daily.  I don't know what the deal is with Ashley.  It's quite perplexing. I'm hoping that she comes out of this thing ok. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was a RN for over 20 years. I lost count, it just seemed like always. After retirement I decided to work with Hospice as a volunteer. I lasted two years. You become close to the people and watch their progression go downhill and there’s never any hope. I lost 7 people over that time and needed time off as it was making me sad and I became scared to enter into relationships because I was so used to loss. It took me two years to recover. You don’t getas close to them in a facility setting but it can do a number on your state of mind. Not that I care to defend Ashley, but I understand what it is like better than most. I don’t think that (her previous job) screwed with her head as much as I think Thomas and production have. 

Thank you.  Hospice workers are unsung heroes.

You ease the pain of the person dying and of the people who love them.  My BFF died in a hospice.  Three of us took turns spending the night with her for 2 months until she passed.

I witnessed people such as yourself doing what I think is one of the most mentally tough jobs there is.  And you do it with kindness and compassion. 

Again.  Thank you.  

• Love 18

I add my gratitude and thanks for all hospice workers, nurses who work in hospitals (who have been my saviors several times in the past) and all others who do the dirty, sad and sometimes thankless jobs that the rest of us couldn’t or wouldn’t do. Nurses are our angels on earth. Thank you all. 

• Love 15
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, HunterHunted said:

Precisely! Unless you own your own business or are independently wealthy, you don't have the free time to film one of these shows. What person with a regular job can afford to stop working or severely limit working for 3 or 4 months every year? And what job would let you? It's the reason why these shows get a lot of real estate agents and people who own their own businesses.

Except she could get a PRN (as needed) position or several PRN positions and chose when she works.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 1

I suspect Thomas didn't want Ashley working at the beginning of their relationship. He wanted a beautiful playmate 24/7. He only stashed her in an apartment so he could avoid a custody challenge.

• Love 10
(edited)

Check this out - isn’t that Thomas we hear laughing maniacally? Ashley is nuts to trust this guy - and vice versa, of course. (btw, her weight loss is scary, but who wouldn’t be a nervous wreck with a “boyfriend” like Thomas?!)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1

I’m not defending Ashley ..... but, remember, she’s playing a role on a fake as hell reality show. She went back to work in healthcare after filming ended. And Thomas can make anyone act nutso, etc. All of the stuff they post online is for PR, period. Keeping the show in the headlines.

• Love 7
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:33 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Just wanted to clarify that LPN/LVNs are not just a step above CNAs. They are nurses not assistants. As an RN, many of the most knowledgeable and skilled nurses I have worked with are LPNs. 

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 10
On 6/29/2018 at 11:49 PM, itsadryheat said:

Having an education and a degree have nothing to do with the quality of one's character & integrity. Predators,  narcissists, and emotionally unstable can be educated. For what its worth, just read an article that states Washington DC has the highest amount of psychopaths, ie. educated and accomplished.

From what we have seen, (including rumors to her real-life character), Ashley is in the "Danger, Will Robinson" ( reference to Lost In Space aficionados) me. Her performance in SC seems her "authentic self" to me.  Watch her face/eyes.  

Giving her the benefit of the doubt, who, in their right mind, ( that has an ounce of self-respect ) would portray herself like this . . . on Reality TV no less, where we have the lowest of low standards.

A performance so alarming, Patricia says she is a golddigger. 

Love watching people like Ashley from afar, in the safety of my home. Nice change from reading about them, and certainly better than having to interact with them in real life.

The sociopath who went after my dad and then after he died another man (who had millions!) was very smart and educated.  She was just psycho as hell.  The latest man was convinced he had alzheimers and that is what she told his family.  They got him away from her and into a memory center since he couldn't care for himself.  10 months later he has regained all his memory, has moved into his own house and now everyone is positive she was drugging him as well as keeping him drunk.  The same thing she did to my dad.  Nurse is the perfect job for someone with these intentions.  By the way, I see the same tactics employed by Ashley that this bitch did to my family and this other one.  Law enforcement is very slow to act on these cases if at all.  

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/30/2018 at 7:40 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Very smart and successful men are taken daily by people like this.  A lot of older men don't admit they have been taken advantage of due to pride because they had been warned, didn't listen, and everyone was right.  This was my life for many years.  A lot of it starts out as being helpful.  Then they slowly start getting the family of the man out of his life by sowing seeds of distrust.  Then its well who will make quick decisions if you are in an accident?  I am here so let me help you.  Then its everyone is only after your stuff.  Its just you and me against the world.  I will make sure your wishes are taken care of.  Then all the close friends are driven away because she is awful to them when the man isn't around.  Then its your kids are selfish assholes who never visit you and they just want your money.  Then, to just cover all bases, they openly flirt with friends of the man who haven't been driven away and have another mark in the wings (there was overlap between my dad and her next mark, my dads coffee buddy for years whose wife had just died).  They are not beyond beating the man, threatening his kids/family.  My father and this other man had a couple of instances where she held their lives literally in her hands and showed how awful she could be if they start getting out of line.  We found out a lot after my dad died and the new family is just now seeing all that she did to them as well as us.  Man was she surprised when my sisters and I showed up at their restraining order hearing.  Also, Thomas is only competent some of the time.  He is inebriated a lot of the time.  She parties with him now to keep it going.  She will slowly stop drinking with him but he will barely notice.  As I mentioned law enforcement does nothing about this.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 3