Type keyword(s) to search

Kathryn Dennis: On Her Own!

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Kathryn's photos are an enigma to me.  I saw this one on her Insta, and thought she looked quite heavy (for her), though not pregnant imo.  The next photo on her Insta, she looks far less so.  Can't explain it, tough this outfit is quite matronly.

It’s probably the waist of her skirt hitting above her natural waistline - back in the day I refused to wear “empire waist” dresses because they made everyone look pregnant imo.

(Don’t know what that waistline is called now - haven’t heard empire waist in a while.)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5
On 11/23/2018 at 7:55 PM, nexxie said:

The custody battle is getting ugly - Kathryn and Thomas have made some serious claims about each other.

https://people.com/tv/thomas-ravenel-slams-kathryn-dennis-custody-change/

Based on what we've seen on the show, I can't say that either is particularly off base about the other. However, I really believe that Thomas allowed the kids to be on the show, especially during season 5, so he could continue to ruin Kathryn's reputation and bolster his own. There are no clean hands between these two. I find him just more reprehensible based on his age, wealth, connections, and formal education. He surpasses Kathryn in all of these and still continues to be the everloving worst.

This doesn't mean that I absolutely think the kids should be on tv; I don't. Or if they must be, it should be incidental or minimal. 

• Love 11

I don't understand his point.  Ideally, Kathryn probably wants to co-parent with Thomas. However, he's forced her hand with the sexual assault charges, the drug rumors, Ashley, etc.  Imagine the backlash if she didn't file for full custody?.  

As for the kids being on the show, Thomas has never had issue with it before.  Only now that he no longer benefits from it, so, yeah, no...

Edited by snarts
  • Love 7

I’m glad that Kathryn said that she wasn’t pregnant but had just gained weight. As someone who’s gained 18 lbs since I quit smoking (the regular kind of cigarettes) on June 5th, I can understand and sympathize. 18 lbs on a 5’2” frame is a lot and I’ve never weighed this much in my entire life. I hate it but know it was the best thing I could ever do for myself. So to see Kathryn put on this much weight tells me that she’s not doing drugs and is not smoking either. Good for her. She needs to parent her children because their father is off the rails and is no example to his kids. I was never a fan of K’s in the past but I offer her high praise now for everything she’s done to turn her life around. Be proud of yourself, Kathryn and forge ahead with your sweet children.

• Love 11

Kathryn did get a recent boob job...I think the foobs are way too big for her frame and make her look heavier—-the same thing happened to Brittany on “Vanderpump Rules” after her own unnecessary boob job. Brittany and Kathryn are naturally curvy girls, so they did their figures no extra favors by plopping on ten extra pounds of breasts to their frames.

That being said, it’s so rude the way people actually go to Bravolebrity social media accounts and physically pick them apart. But good on her for being mature enough to not snap back and merely state, “okay, yeah, I put on some weight.”

• Love 8
On 11/23/2018 at 2:39 PM, nexxie said:

Is Kathryn pregnant?

Usually I love everything Kathryn wears, but those 'pilgrim' shoes have to go. Ugh!!! They may her appear to have 'cankles'. And if she is pregnant, is Austin the "daddy"? Lol, Such an incestuous group.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

That being said, it’s so rude the way people actually go to Bravolebrity social media accounts and physically pick them apart. But good on her for being mature enough to not snap back and merely state, “okay, yeah, I put on some weight.”

I agree that too many people feel it's their duty to go online and anonymously critique everyone they see online. However, Kathryn is a clever lady, with thick skin, which is the #1 prerequisite that beauty influencers must have. Kathryn relies on the public purchasing any clothing or lifestyle product she photographs. She knows what to expect; plus, any attention (even negative) is good for business.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Thomas allowed the kids to be on the show, especially during season 5, so he could continue to ruin Kathryn's reputation and bolster his own.

I also have the feeling that whenever the kids were onscreen, Thomas would pocket additional $$$ which he didn't have to share as he (originally) was the sole guardian. There's no way he's going to peacefully allow Kathryn the same financial bonus.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I’m glad that Kathryn said that she wasn’t pregnant but had just gained weight. As someone who’s gained 18 lbs since I quit smoking (the regular kind of cigarettes) on June 5th, I can understand and sympathize. 18 lbs on a 5’2” frame is a lot and I’ve never weighed this much in my entire life. I hate it but know it was the best thing I could ever do for myself. So to see Kathryn put on this much weight tells me that she’s not doing drugs and is not smoking either. Good for her. She needs to parent her children because their father is off the rails and is no example to his kids. I was never a fan of K’s in the past but I offer her high praise now for everything she’s done to turn her life around. Be proud of yourself, Kathryn and forge ahead with your sweet children.

Keep up the good work!  I became a non-smoker 12-1/2 years ago, after having smoked for 29 yrs.  Yes, I gained weight.  I held on to the weight longer than I should have, but that was my doing, not the non-smoking.  If I'm honest with myself, I think I was subconsciously rewarding myself with food.  Anyway, I'm losing it slowly.  24 lbs. and counting since July.

You'll be okay Gam.  You can lose the weight, but you can't grow new lungs!

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Chalby said:

Usually I love everything Kathryn wears, but those 'pilgrim' shoes have to go. Ugh!!! They may her appear to have 'cankles'. And if she is pregnant, is Austin the "daddy"? Lol, Such an incestuous group.

Yeah, those shoes! Kathryn said on WWHL that she’s not pregnant, just gained weight - now I recall her saying on the show that her meds cause weight gain. I’m thinking the cast had a “friendsgiving” and these two were attending.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

Yeah, those shoes! Kathryn said on WWHL that she’s not pregnant, just gained weight - now I recall her saying on the show that her meds cause weight gain. I’m thinking the cast had a “friendsgiving” and these two were attending.

Certain medications used to treat mental illnesses are well known for causing weight gain.

Those shoes are hideous.

• Love 10
On 11/26/2018 at 6:31 AM, nexxie said:

I recall her saying on the show that her meds cause weight gain. I’m thinking the cast had a “friendsgiving” and these two were attending.

I feel for her. Over the years I have had to take the odd medication which has a weight gain side affect. There is nothing more frustrating (especially for a gal who was single, young, and image conscious - moi!) There's nothing worse because I want to say, "Yes, I've put on weight, thanks to my stupid antidepressants") but by doing so, I am introducing, into a formerly safe discussion, a conversation about my weight and medication. Kathryn can't win for losing!

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Such sweet pics of Kathryn and the kids - but where’s the part about Saint’s health?

There was a lot of speculation based on his looks and Kathryn’s issues that Saint had FAS.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
On 12/11/2018 at 4:42 PM, HunterHunted said:

This sort of answers all of that speculation about Saint's alleged "health issues." Saint looks like Kathryn's brother.

https://people.com/tv/kathryn-dennis-kids-ring-bearer-flower-girl/

Not exactly. He has the eyes, but the ears are different. And he was slow to walk, talk, etc. The daughter really looks like Kathryn in that one photo. She does have health issues, she was born with hearing problems.

• Love 2

Nice article about Kathryn - except it says Ashley is filming for the new season!

http://celebrityinsider.org/southern-charm-star-kathryn-dennis-is-living-her-best-life-amid-thomas-ravenels-downfall-225630/

“While Ravenel is awaiting trial, and his former girlfriend Ashley Jacobs has been filming for Season 6 of Charm, Dennis has become besties with Charleston’s Grande dame Patricia Altschul, made amends with all of her co-stars – even spending Thanksgiving filming with Austen Kroll – and sharing adorable photos of her kids on Instagram.

Jacobs, Dennis’ sparring partner from Season 5, was recently spotted filming with some of the cast for Season 6. It was rumored that she was there to confront Dennis, but she was nowhere to be found.”

• Love 4

Maybe the pilgrim shoes for for the Friendsgiving theme.

Saint has her brother's eyes so maybe it's not FAS but genetics? So sorry to read that Kensie has hearing issues. Hopefully it can be helped. She's the spitting image of her.

Edited by Atlanta
  • Love 4
On 12/13/2018 at 10:52 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Not exactly. He has the eyes, but the ears are different. And he was slow to walk, talk, etc. The daughter really looks like Kathryn in that one photo. She does have health issues, she was born with hearing problems.

On 12/21/2018 at 5:49 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Kathryn was seen drinking and smoking pot while pregnant with both children, witnessed by many. Videos, photos, all shown over the course of her pregnancies. 

There are a million reasons why a child might not reach developmental milestones in a timely fashion. I have never seen the evidence—just TRav alluding to it. 

• Love 12

It has been widely known that ^this happened.  It's been discussed on and off the air.  Why is it surfacing again?  As far as I'm concerned, she appears to have turned things around, and is parenting her children as expected.

The parent in question is the one with multiple sex assault allegations and ongoing litigation for same.  In addition, if his on-screen drunkeness is the norm, any issues the kids may have could just as easily be a result of his pickled spermatozoa.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
Removed that rogue comma.
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It has been widely known that ^this happened.  It's been discussed on and off the air.  Why is it surfacing again?  As far as I'm concerned, she appears to have turned things around, and is parenting her children as expected.

The parent in question is the one with multiple sex assault allegations and ongoing litigation for same.  In addition, if his on-screen drunkeness is the norm, any issues the kids may have, could just as easily be a result of his pickled spermatozoa.

I lost it at “pickled spermatozoa”! 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

None of that proves anything. All About The Tea is hardly a legit source. Hell, they posted all sorts of crazy ramblings from Caroline Bedol. The source was probably T Rav and his friends as a way of hurting the custody case. The important thing is that she is clean and sober now—unlike Thomas. 

• Love 12

Yes, it IS important that she is clean and sober now, and I hope she stays that way. But she cannot erase the past, but learn from it. There were videos shot by someone other than Thomas showing her smoking pot when she was pregnant with Saint, as you could hear Kensie screaming in the background and Thomas looking for Kathryn. There’s another video of her staggering around in downtown Charleston late at night, barefoot, drunk and incoherent. And that happened after both kids were born.

• Love 4

I’m a bit perplexed as to why Thomas hasn’t been shown in any of her social media lately. I thought for sure the kids would at least show up on his social media or he would show up in Kathryn’s IG stories, but it’s been radio silence from him while she’s been posting like crazy with the kids as usual. Just curious...

Her children are darling but holy shit, Kathryn commits the most egregious fashion, makeup, and hair crimes in reality television, which takes some doing. If her hair looks decent, then she’s wearing something garish and ill fitting. If her clothes are flattering and age appropriate, then her makeup is troweled on. If her makeup is fresh and appealing, then her hair is either hair plastered in a sidesweep in the front and teased into a rat’s nest at the back, or she has extensions from the Fraggle Rock collection. I can’t believe that a high end store like Gwynn’s wants her connected with their merchandise. I don’t think Jimmy Choo or Gucci when I her see on my screen; I think “Money can’t buy you class” as crooned by the Countess. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Babyfoot said:

Her children are darling but holy shit, Kathryn commits the most egregious fashion, makeup, and hair crimes in reality television, which takes some doing. If her hair looks decent, then she’s wearing something garish and ill fitting. If her clothes are flattering and age appropriate, then her makeup is troweled on. If her makeup is fresh and appealing, then her hair is either hair plastered in a sidesweep in the front and teased into a rat’s nest at the back, or she has extensions from the Fraggle Rock collection. I can’t believe that a high end store like Gwynn’s wants her connected with their merchandise. I don’t think Jimmy Choo or Gucci when I her see on my screen; I think “Money can’t buy you class” as crooned by the Countess. 

Yeah, she really makes odd choices.  She seems addicted to that screen siren red lipstick, and imo it's wrong for her.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Another miss.  Kathryn looks like a 50-yr old who needs self tanner application lessons here.  C'mon girl! 

I like this! Its kind of a bad-ass Barbarella don't fuck with me look!! 

• Love 8
On 1/3/2019 at 6:20 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Oh my.  Where do I start?

Dude on far left:  

Either bought his jacket & shirt in the Little Boys Department at JC Penney, or gained 15 lbs. since he bought it.  Young man:  When your shirt buttons pucker, it's time to go up a size. Or not throw it in the washer.  

Girl on left:

Going dancing in the 80's or doing a Jane Fonda workout video.

Kathryn:

Take your sunglasses off before entering the tanning booth.  Dress looks like she forgot to change from her little makeup robe to her actual dress.

Her awkward leg placement:  Looks like a giraffe trying to balance its legs while walking downhill.

Girl to the right:

Not bad actually.

Guy to the far right:

There's this new invention called cleaning and pressing one's shirt.  It can be done for just a few dollars!  The pocket square is of no help to you here, nor are your clompy shoes.

Snark. Out.

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 12/28/2018 at 10:01 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Yes, it IS important that she is clean and sober now, and I hope she stays that way. But she cannot erase the past, but learn from it. There were videos shot by someone other than Thomas showing her smoking pot when she was pregnant with Saint, as you could hear Kensie screaming in the background and Thomas looking for Kathryn. There’s another video of her staggering around in downtown Charleston late at night, barefoot, drunk and incoherent. And that happened after both kids were born.

Even if true, that isn't automatically the reasons for any potential health issues the children may deal with. Women were popping out healthy babies back in the day even before it wasn't frowned upon to drink and smoke while pregnant. It's unfortunate to say, but I had learned not that long ago that my cousin's partner (I can't keep up with their status anymore), smoked weed, smoked cigarettes and drank when pregnant with both her children and they're both grown, healthy and well developed children. Obviously, I'm not trying to say it's not a big deal to be doing those things while pregnant, just pointing out that even if she were engaging in that kind of behaviour while pregnant, it may not be the contributing factor...but this is all speculation. We don't really have any evidence of Saint having health issues other than basing it off how he looks.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Even if true, that isn't automatically the reasons for any potential health issues the children may deal with. Women were popping out healthy babies back in the day even before it wasn't frowned upon to drink and smoke while pregnant. It's unfortunate to say, but I had learned not that long ago that my cousin's partner (I can't keep up with their status anymore), smoked weed, smoked cigarettes and drank when pregnant with both her children and they're both grown, healthy and well developed children. Obviously, I'm not trying to say it's not a big deal to be doing those things while pregnant, just pointing out that even if she were engaging in that kind of behaviour while pregnant, it may not be the contributing factor...but this is all speculation. We don't really have any evidence of Saint having health issues other than basing it off how he looks.

I work with special needs children (speech therapist). My issue with the statement was more the assumption that Kathryn must have done something for her children to (possibly) have special needs. Sometimes crap happens. Good people have children with a variety of medical issues and/or developmental delays through no fault of their own. These parents already feel enough shame and responsibility for their kid’s issues without some rando judging them. And people also forget that they are dissecting, judging, and talking about a sweet and innocent child. 

Sorry, this is one of my pet peeves. Right up there with people telling their kids not to stare at someone who is obviously different. Don’t stare and don’t ignore them. Go up and say “Hello.”

• Love 12
On 1/4/2019 at 12:21 PM, Sterling said:

Kathryn:

Take your sunglasses off before entering the tanning booth.  Dress looks like she forgot to change from her little makeup robe to her actual dress.

Her awkward leg placement:  Looks like a giraffe trying to balance its legs while walking downhill.

Thank you!!!! I thought I was the only one on this thread who was thinking she looks tacky AF in that insane getup. The ridiculous gobs of excessive fake hair, the garish tan/makeup, the unflattering skank robe/dress(that rag actually cost over $600 retail, according to her Instagram post about it), the trashy excessive accessories and heels that don’t even match the look...just like most of her fashion choices, it’s all much too much and makes her appear more like an aging drag queen than a stunning 20-something model/fashionista. 

She’s been thirsttrapping extra harder than usual on Instagram lately, which makes me wonder if she’s okay or if she’s just impressing a new fella...to which I hope she is able to move on from Thomas and find a sensible guy who can treat her and her children well.

• Love 4