Type keyword(s) to search

Kathryn Dennis: On Her Own!

• Start Topic

(edited)

As this season winds down, I found Kathryn to be far more palatable than in earlier seasons.  She appeared to be much more grounded, whether she was medicated or not (and whether she is or she isn’t really is none of our concern).  That she has earned 50% custody of her children is a reflection of her progress and should not be disparaged.  In any other season, she would have torn Ashley apart (not that Ashley would not have deserved every whupping she would have gotten).

As even Patricia acknowledged (who was Kathryn’s biggest critic), she is making a go of the next phase of her life.  The confrontation with Ashley at the ball was vile.  It was a non-apology apology on Ashley’s part.  She sucked Kathryn in, daring her to be aggressive so Ashley could point and say, told you so.  Kathryn didn’t rise to it.

I for one am proud of her this season.  The court system is acknowledging her progress which may come just in time for Thomas to do yet more jail time and send Ashley off into the night.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 16

Charmers,

We are getting a little far afield.  This is the Kathryn Dennis thread.  Therefore we can talk all things Kathryn.  We are not here to debate the efficacy of various addiction treatment programs.  You can move that talk to Small Talk if you like.

Thanks, and happy posting!

• Love 2
(edited)

Kathryn, if you or someone close to you reads these threads (since I do not Twitter or Instagram) please seek a protective order against Ashley barring her from any contact from you or your children. Unfortunately or fortunately you may also have to name Thomas in the complaint since he is still with the crazy lady. Her own parents don't even want her around! Scary woman!

Edited by mbaywife123
Spelling & Grammer.
  • Love 9

If Cinderella had slippers like those, she sure as hell wouldn’t have lost one running out of the ball. It would have taken the whole lot of footmen mice to gnaw them off of her feet.

• Love 2

I think the shoes are awful, but no one is photographing me in my shoes, so...

What I find most curious is that her pedicure/condition of her feet looks rather sub-par to me, and having a bandage on a toe (left foot, second toe) should make them less than ideal for shoe modeling.

• Love 9
(edited)
20 hours ago, nexxie said:

Wow - yes, do check out these Cinderella slippers!

Those shoes are so hideous that they impair my ability to describe how ugly they are. Hideous!!!

7 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Yeah, her feet are fugly.

I can't see her feet well enough to determine if they are ugly. I'm not going to just trust third party pronouncements.

The thing I'll say about Kathryn is that her face takes make up just about better than anyone I've ever known.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 10
On 7/15/2018 at 6:59 PM, HunterHunted said:

I can't see her feet well enough to determine if they are ugly. I'm not going to just trust third party pronouncements.

Yeah, zoom in. Her toes are hideous. No sign of a pedicure in a while. Who goes on a photoshoot without nails and toes looking perfect? She also needs to close her mouth. Her teeth look bad in that photo. Not bad as in cavities, but they are not model perfect.

• Love 2

I recall in season 1 she was dressing. Her feet look like they belong on the Crypt Keeper, only longer. So they belong on a tall Crypt Keeper. He's been in the business longer so I bet his feet would be pedicured prior to filming.

• Love 3

No offense to all the lovely tall ladies out there, but most gals her height of 5’10 and over have truly hideous, snow-ski esque feet. I’ve probably flipped through way too many fashion magazines in my day, but most every model I’ve seen in them are usually sporting some form of long, flat hooves that don’t fit the rest of their beauty.

That being said, not even bothering to get a proper pedicure and leaving a bandaid on one’s toe for a supposedly professional photo shoot in which revealingly sassy shoes are so prominently displayed is disgusting.

Kathryn always strikes me as pretty unhygienic and gross underneath all that excess hair and makeup she spackles on regularly; her hands often look similarly grimy and messed up. Beautiful girl and her face is an exquisite makeup canvas, but she sure has some funkyassed hands/feet.

• Love 4

Totally agree. Many tall and slender women have long and bony feet, but one must do her part in maintaining nails and callouses. 

It's true though. Kathryn never looks fresh, even when she's dressed and made up.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

offense to all the lovely tall ladies out there, but most gals her height of 5’10 and over have truly hideous, snow-ski esque feet.

I am taller than her and have long feet and toes, no one has referred to the length because literally the only think we can see is the janky toenails which have nothing to do with her height.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I am taller than her and have long feet and toes, no one has referred to the length because literally the only think we can see is the janky toenails which have nothing to do with her height.

Oh this pic is not the first time I’ve noticed her big feet that only a clown could love. It * is* the first time I’ve ever noticed her fungusy toenails of doom though.

On 7/13/2018 at 11:19 AM, Major Bigtime said:

I know someone who is friends with her, the Kathryn we see on TV is not the private Kathryn. 

@HunterHunted, if you’re an alcoholic, the 12 step program is the best way to stay sober and in recovery. Again... been there and done that with someone. Going to rehab or detox, special groups, only works if there is consistent backup and feedback, that only AA can provide. One has to WANT to be clean and sober. She’s substituting prescription drugs, which she cannot stay on forever. One leads to another.

So what is the difference between TV kathryn and private Kathryn?

• Love 1

As a 5'11", long-footed woman, may I please clarify that my comment about K's feet had nothing whatever to do with their length or fat content.  I was referring to the apparent lack of healthy-looking toenails, and that there was a bandage on one of them.

Tall, long-footed women UNITE!!

• Love 8

I think the shoes are pretty and fun to look at, not unlike the outlandish styles at couture shows. I'd never wear them, but they make a statement!

As for the toes, I have no words. I agree, she needs a good hot shower, a nail brush and some remover.

• Love 4
(edited)

Supposedly, both Thomas and Pat felt bad for Kathryn...

“I felt horrible for Kathryn during the final scene of the finale. I should have explained to Ashley what Kathryn had suffered. She’s had major anxiety and depression issues along with two babies in rapid succession at a young age. The responsibility was mine, and I must have it,” tweeted Ravenel.

Altschul also tweeted about the argument and wrote that she thought Jacobs’ comments were “unspeakably cruel.” Altschul and Dennis have not had the best history, but Altschul gave her support to Dennis, and the two are working on making a fresh start.

http://celebrityinsider.org/southern-charm-star-thomas-ravenel-claims-he-felt-horrible-for-kathryn-dennis-so-why-did-he-let-ashley-trash-her-170345/

Sounds to me like Thomas was trying to take the heat off Ashley - maybe because he put her up to it in the first place.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4
On 7/17/2018 at 8:03 PM, RedDelicious said:

I think the shoes are pretty and fun to look at, not unlike the outlandish styles at couture shows. I'd never wear them, but they make a statement!

I have to say that I like the shoes too!   I've liked all of Kathryn's outfits she's been wearing in these shoots.  They are playful and fun.  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Supposedly, both Thomas and Pat felt bad for Kathryn...

“I felt horrible for Kathryn during the final scene of the finale. I should have explained to Ashley what Kathryn had suffered. She’s had major anxiety and depression issues along with two babies in rapid succession at a young age. The responsibility was mine, and I must have it,” tweeted Ravenel.

Altschul also tweeted about the argument and wrote that she thought Jacobs’ comments were “unspeakably cruel.” Altschul and Dennis have not had the best history, but Altschul gave her support to Dennis, and the two are working on making a fresh start.

http://celebrityinsider.org/southern-charm-star-thomas-ravenel-claims-he-felt-horrible-for-kathryn-dennis-so-why-did-he-let-ashley-trash-her-170345/

Pat and Thomas see the tides are changing and they're following the tide.  I don't buy their concern or support, especially Pat.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

You better sing it.  That haughty bitch is just walking back her bullchit, probably hoping to spare her little darlin's producer credit.

As a creator of the show they can’t take away his credit. 

• Love 5
(edited)

If Thomas is gone next season (has it been renewed?) Bravo will probably keep Kat and feature her more.

After all, she and Thomas were the show for several seasons, as their story line generated the most attention.

Plus she’s a lot younger than the rest of the cast so they want her to attract younger viewers.

That may be why Pat and Cam are cozying up to her.  She could revert to her previous bad behavior but unless she does blatantly illegal or horrible things, they’ll make her the star.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 2
(edited)

So Kathryn has satisfied the requirements to get 50-50 custody of her children. Some posters in the past gave details of the publicly available court documents that IIRC said that Kathryn also had to pay child support to Thomas because he had primary custody. Now that they have 50-50 custody, does anyone know how that has changed the financial arrangement? 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1

I posted my thoughts on Kathryn's beauty on the Reunion thread.  I am NO fan, but, do admire her looks.  Too bad, that she can't find her niche.  I think she resembles a young Sissy Spacek. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=sissy+spacek+young&rlz=1C1CAFA_enUS634US634&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=7y3R_0XH-Y-DmM%3A%2Cq-KHXXHAocv9tM%2C_&usg=__wcegvICt5rxuxMWvFIJwMMbQE5M%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjgycev7bXcAhVSy1MKHQIzBisQ9QEIQTAM#imgrc=QWQRn4dS_9spcM:

• Love 6
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I posted my thoughts on Kathryn's beauty on the Reunion thread.  I am NO fan, but, do admire her looks.  Too bad, that she can't find her niche.  I think she resembles a young Sissy Spacek. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=sissy+spacek+young&rlz=1C1CAFA_enUS634US634&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=7y3R_0XH-Y-DmM%3A%2Cq-KHXXHAocv9tM%2C_&usg=__wcegvICt5rxuxMWvFIJwMMbQE5M%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjgycev7bXcAhVSy1MKHQIzBisQ9QEIQTAM#imgrc=QWQRn4dS_9spcM:

Oh no! Comparisons of the beautiful and mega talented Sissy Spacek and Kathryn! Spacek is truly a lady! The two names shouldn't even be uttered in the same sentence! 

• Love 3

The grimy bandaid on Katherine’s toe doesn’t help much. 

The older I get the more I like a more natural look- Katherine is very attractive but, like many redheads she goes for a bold look to not appear washed out on camera. I do agree that she often looks like she could use a wash. 

• Love 3
On 7/19/2018 at 12:21 PM, nexxie said:

She’s had major anxiety and depression issues along with two babies in rapid succession at a young age.

Kathryn isn’t a special beauty, nor someone to get a pass for being the way she is in how she treats people. My mother had me when she was 19, my sister when she was 22. She didn’t seek out famewhoredom to be on TV. Kathryn has true psychological issues, it appears, and a drinking/drug addiction which hopefully she will beat. It’s beating a dead horse to say she needs to stay OFF television.

• Love 7

Yes, she should get a job in an office-that seems like a great fit for her personality and skill set....not.

I think TV - with the right mindset - could be great for her. She's accountable on tv. She's created a persona that thousands of people are supporting. People are rooting for her now. 

• Love 11

Agree with the sentiment that popping out a bunch of kids while young isn't uncommon and doesn't make one deserving of special allowances or considerations.  Many women do the same and they grow the fuck and become a mother without putting their kids in danger or neglecting them.  Being young should stop being an excuse when someone else's life is on the line.

• Love 6

China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard

A glorious green.

Kind of not mainstream. A little Kathrynish if you will.  My little toes are slightly crooked.  It adds charm.

Toe Charm.

• Love 8
(edited)

I don’t get the repeated calls for Kathryn to quit the show, get a job, go to college... 

Nor do I understand why she is the only one called a famewhore and somesuch when last I checked there were quite a few other people on this cast. 

But.....Kathryn reportedly makes 25 grand an episode. She has two small children and an extremely wealthy baby daddy who constantly has her in court- which is extremely expensive. 

For Kathryn to quit this lucrative gig and get a job at Target while attending community college is pretty much a direct path to losing custody to Thomas because if you can’t pay a good lawyer, you don’t usually get a good result in court. 

Especially in good ol’ Charleston. 

Edited by BravoHo
Spelled “ there” wrong and I am now a source of disappointment to my daughter
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, BravoHo said:

I don’t get the repeated calls for Kathryn to quit the show, get a job, go to college... 

Because this gravy train isn't going to run forever so she's going to have to do those things sooner or later.

Seems like it's the same approach she has to getting Thomas to marry her or pony up huge child support payments.  She's been chasing that for how many years now?

The easy thing, like for Craig, is to keep cashing those Bravo checks but squandering time.  Once the show ends, if she can't get another reality TV show gig, she's going to have to start from the bottom at some shitty job.

You also wonder if she's putting any money away.  Either try to save some of it or invest it in an education/career.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, scrb said:

Because this gravy train isn't going to run forever so she's going to have to do those things sooner or later.

EXACTLY!!! That’s what I don’t get about Austen, Kathryn and Craig—-at least Craig was smart enough to buy a rental property and has his law degree to fall back on. He’d be wise to also consider buying a little condo somewhere else around Charleston or near the beach for a similar purpose, and pretty soon he’d also be enjoying some “mailbox money” as well. Now if he could just get his ass in gear and start selling his pillows on social media a’la Shep with Shepgear, he could really strike while that iron is hot.

But Austen? One little beer flavor a brewery created for him does not a true career make. Maybe he could take a business course and use his SC earnings invest in a local brewpub/taproom if beer is truly his life’s ongoing passion.

And Kathryn? She’s not going to be young and hot forever—-modeling is only profitable past age 25 if you’re doing catalog and runway work in other markets a’la RHofAtlanta’s Cynthia Bailey. I don’t think Kathryn even does runway work, so there you go. What’s her career dream otherwise? She NEVER talks about that(beyond her fake saleslady gig at Gwen’s), and it’s a little troubling...

I respect Chelt-see because at least she keeps up her hairdresser gig. Cameron can always get back into real estate if she keeps her licensure going...Naomi has her masters and apparently is helping her family with their restaurant.

But I do wonder about some of these folks and their plans post-SC.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, scrb said:

Seems like it's the same approach she has to getting Thomas to marry her or pony up huge child support payments.  She's been chasing that for how many years now?

The easy thing, like for Craig, is to keep cashing those Bravo checks but squandering time.  Once the show ends, if she can't get another reality TV show gig, she's going to have to start from the bottom at some shitty job.

You also wonder if she's putting any money away.  Either try to save some of it or invest it in an education/career.

But would you do it now, rather than later, when you have lawyers to pay? How would you suggest she pay the attorneys when they go to court? And we all know they will be in court until those kids turn 18. I would really like to know someone who would give up $100,000 plus dollars to go work for pennies while they are in a custody fight. Common sense alone says that would be stupid.

And as far as putting money away, maybe that's why she is living in that tiny apartment and has a cracked phone case-maybe she IS squirrelling money away for the future and chose not to spend her paycheck on a high rise condo and the newest phone. Of course, that would absolutely destroy the rhetoric that Kathryn's phone case is cracked because she is on drugs (said with an eyeroll) but YMMV depending on your like/dislike of Kathryn.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BravoHo said:

How would you suggest she pay the attorneys when they go to court?

I’m sure she’s already gotten that figured out. 

Bottom line is, we don’t know how much money Kathryn makes on this show, or on the side with the likes of the guy she was having sex with for drugs. She’s a loose cannon. Who I hope wakes up and stays on the straight and narrow for the sake of her children, if nothing else.

• Love 2
On 7/12/2018 at 9:25 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Kathryn’s treatment of Jennifer was the lowest form of low. She has no empathy for anyone but herself, and as others have noted, she isn’t very affectionate with her own children. Don’t know if that’s the drugs to keep her off alcohol, or just how she is day-to-day.

Given that Kathryn still showed signs of anger and dislike towards Jennifer at the White Ball, maybe she had a good reason for treating Jenn that way. Also, who knows what T-Rav has said about Jenn to Kathryn? It's in his best interest that they not reunite and become chummy again. There may be all sorts of secrets he made up about Jenn which made Kathryn turn on her.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Given that Kathryn still showed signs of anger and dislike towards Jennifer at the White Ball, maybe she had a good reason for treating Jenn that way. Also, who knows what T-Rav has said about Jenn to Kathryn? It's in his best interest that they not reunite and become chummy again. There may be all sorts of secrets he made up about Jenn which made Kathryn turn on her.

Could be - divide and conquer works for all kinds of sociopaths.

• Love 5

Is it me? I don't see anything in that video that shows that Kathryn was stoned and pregnant? Some posters keep posting she smoked while preg-but that all seems to come from Thomas?

Kathryn and Chelsea seem to be the best at the endorsement/influencer game on social media. Cam's is a little clunky, even though she seems to be working with bigger brands, so maybe she's better than I think!  I don't see how Kathryn could do anything that is like a 9-5 job, and I'm not sure that she needs to go back to college-but I DO hope that she is making some smart investments now while the dollars are coming in. My SC friends are all heavily into real estate, with rental properties, etc-that kind of "mailbox money" could come in handy a few years from now.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Heathrowe said:

Some posters keep posting she smoked while preg-but that all seems to come from Thomas?

There is a video somewhere here, K & T are arguing outdoors somewhere, and she walks away to smoke a cigarette, and he dresses her down about smoking while pregnant.  It's not the Thomas is naked fighting video, it's a different one.

• Love 1

What she thinks she'll get more in child support if he goes to jail?

Is she more concerned about the money or how her kids will miss their father or grow up learning about the accusations against him?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, scrb said:

What she thinks she'll get more in child support if he goes to jail?

Is she more concerned about the money or how her kids will miss their father or grow up learning about the accusations against him?

I keep seeing posts about the child support money Kathryn is supposedly getting and how she has to play nice with Thomas to “keep the checks coming” or try to get more money from him. IIRC, according to the agreement, she had to PAY child support to Thomas because he had full custody. I’ve never heard of a parent who lost custody of their children but still received child support payments. 

Now that she has fulfilled her part of the agreement and can have joint custody, they will need to work out a different financial arrangement. That may be what’s holding up her signing the papers, or indeed she may be waiting to see if he gets indicted for any of the alleged assaults.

• Love 7