Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Philadelphia City Qualifiers 2018.06.25

• Start Topic

(edited)

"number of residents" will compete.  OK we understand that, but the description in the Chicago Tribune added this

Others who have tried the course before return to take another shot at it"

Does that mean they get a do-over this year?

Edited by enoughcats

There's a new Mighty Casey and it's not spelled with a K!!  And go Michelle!! 

I fell in love with Drew a little when he moved closer to coach Casey on her final wall attempt.

• Love 6

Not an easy course, but three strong women running and finishing the course. A great run all around; and 2 Megawall climbers too.

Casey did a great job and didn't strike out. She seems to have a build similar to Jessie Graff's and I suspect she'll do well both this year and years to come. 

I am surprised at some of the WWWA's. Captain NBC got a WWWA? Sheesh. At least they showed him attempt the Mega wall.

I suspect they're goign to have to pump the Megawall to 20ft next season, because all the Ninjas will have that in their gyms, one way or another, even if they have to build it on the outside. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Najee was just showin' off swinging thing (I forget what it was called already). :)

Akbar needs to take it down about five notches.

Edited by ams1001
accidentally a word

What a great night for the women! Casey is a fantastic new addition. I love her friendship with Drew!

I was so happy for Michelle that she finally made it up the warped wall. She's been competing for a few years now and I know it sucks not to be able to do that.

• Love 2

Great night. We get a new Casey (albeit with different spelling), Chris Wilczewski continues his comeback with the fastest run and $10K extra, Najee Richardson fights off cramps to make a great performance, and Akbar got hosed off five different times. Also, everybody got to make fun of his first pitch. So, basically, everybody won.

Next week? Look, I know there was a lot of background information about the Stangers that ANW "neglected" to mention. But the only other person I know making a debut in Minneapolis is an out-and-out famewhore from The Challenge, so I'm good with Mrs. Stanger running the course.

• Love 2

I was kinda bummed Allysa’s mom didn’t do better.  I didn’t expect her to finish or anything but I was hoping she’d do a little better.   Still good for her for trying.  

Three women finishers is awesom and two tried the big wall.  Awesome night for women.

• Love 2

Mama Beird's arms are INCREDIBLE. They are one of the nicest sets of arms I've ever seen. And I have very high standards. 

I like Chris Wilczewski but I hope they don't keep trying to make his brother Brian a thing, that guy is terrible. I saw him on the sidelines so I'm not sure if he's even competing this year.

• Love 1

I took notes so I wouldn't forget anything.  I probably still will...?

ANW, Please don't promote Jaime Rahn at the beginning if he gets the WWWA treatment.  It's kind of a bait and switch and pretty tacky.

The principal that was from West Philly, I couldn't help myself,  I started singing the theme from Fresh Prince of Bel Air.  "Innnnnn West Philadelphia, born and raised...". 

Ice Swimming Lady is crazy but I like her.  She's just so happy to be there and do anything.  Good attitude.

Kindergarten Ninja...teared up.  Way to get up the wall.  Glad his Momma was there to see it.

Christine is dressed tonight. No cleavage.

Circus Ninja Casey, she  did well and I was happy she made it up the wall.  As Matt and Akbar repeated twice, she STILL holds the record for the triple jump at her college?  What one whole year?  She's only a sophomore, she couldn't have made the record before her freshman year, right?  I think they were trying super hard to find accolades for her.  She's young, and she did well, don't try to manufacture amazing things for her, give her time to be amazing.  She made it though. Good job. Oh, and I hate the term herstory.  

Matt selling ANW merch.  I heard A&W and thought, root beer sponsor?

Is Brian W. not competeing this year?  Chris did great!  10k baby!  Funny how there was no mention of his near death experience or PTSD on Ninja vs. Ninja.  I believe it totally, I'm just surprised this is the first we've heard of it.

WWWA James McGrath too?  What the hell?  He looks good without the braces, aged him from 15 to 25.

DeFranco falls on the second step?  I don't remember him, but they gave him a lot of time so I feel I should.  Shame he fell so early.

Michelle Warnkey and her three lives on the last obstacle, kinda  close calls.  Glad she powered through.  She is always smiling.  Producers, please don't compare Casey Rothschild's first try at the walk with a vet like Warnkey who has done it multiple times...counting N vs. N.  

"I got a towel, yo.". I think his name was Darius, right?  Excellent attitude and I am glad he made it through to the city finals.

I still love Najee.  I think he talked more in that package than I have ever heard him speak before.  He's delightful.  What a doll.  Glad to see him win 10k although I had no doubt he could do it, until his cramps.  Hope he figures out how to keep them at Bay for the rest of the competition.  I am assuming Geno's paid for the plug?  Don't they have a cross the street rivalry with another well known cheese steak joint?  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Destiny74 said:

Don't they have a cross the street rivalry with another well known cheese steak joint?  

Pat's

Geno's and Pat's are the publicity hounds of cheese steak sandwiches.

From staying with friends in the area, we found that neither can hold a candle to the now closed Cisco's  up in Flourtown. IMO.  

I think Najee is my favorite success story (after Britten).  I'll always remember when he was asked about a somersault he did on a run and he simply explained it was a gymnastics move to slow yourself down.  That level of self awareness comes through so often in how he competes

• Love 1

Mama Baird did good for her age and a newbie. She just misjudged the letgo on the Bowties. I think she would've easily made it to lightning strike if she hadn't made that mistake. She certainly seems to have the muscles and the builds to do well. Hopefully she comes back next year.

• Love 4

Wow, that was fun. The women rocked it and I was very impressed by the new Casey. The fact that Drew supports her makes me like her automatically anyway lol. But she was impressive and definitely reminded me of both Flex and Graff. 

I adore Najee so I was thrilled to see him do so well. However, IIRC he also had cramping issues on Ninja v Ninja. This concerns me greatly!! I need him to go far! 

Chris W.’s comeback was also a bit anticlimactic because he competed in Ninja v Ninja. He killed the course though and I’m happy for him. 

I kinda adored Kindergarten teacher dude, and it was cute how emotional he was after finishing. 

I feel like I’m forgetting something and I’m sure it will come to me later!! 

• Love 2

I’m very much over the city pimping.  I don’t give a crap about the cheesesteaks in Philly or the car race in Indy or all the cheerleaders and mascots.  

I want the DC firefighter to go away.  

I really like the women who finished.  They all seem like pretty happy and down-to-earth.

• Love 1
On 6/28/2018 at 9:41 PM, VartanFan said:

I’m very much over the city pimping.  I don’t give a crap about the cheesesteaks in Philly or the car race in Indy or all the cheerleaders and mascots.  

I want the DC firefighter to go away.  

I really like the women who finished.  They all seem like pretty happy and down-to-earth.

The DC firefighter is akin to the Towers of Power in my book and not just because of their jobs.  To much of the bro and high testosterone fory taste.

• Love 1
On 6/26/2018 at 11:54 AM, Destiny74 said:

I took notes so I wouldn't forget anything.  I probably still will...?

ANW, Please don't promote Jaime Rahn at the beginning if he gets the WWWA treatment.  It's kind of a bait and switch and pretty tacky.

The principal that was from West Philly, I couldn't help myself,  I started singing the theme from Fresh Prince of Bel Air.  "Innnnnn West Philadelphia, born and raised...". 

Ice Swimming Lady is crazy but I like her.  She's just so happy to be there and do anything.  Good attitude.

Kindergarten Ninja...teared up.  Way to get up the wall.  Glad his Momma was there to see it.

Christine is dressed tonight. No cleavage.

Circus Ninja Casey, she  did well and I was happy she made it up the wall.  As Matt and Akbar repeated twice, she STILL holds the record for the triple jump at her college?  What one whole year?  She's only a sophomore, she couldn't have made the record before her freshman year, right?  I think they were trying super hard to find accolades for her.  She's young, and she did well, don't try to manufacture amazing things for her, give her time to be amazing.  She made it though. Good job. Oh, and I hate the term herstory.  

Matt selling ANW merch.  I heard A&W and thought, root beer sponsor?

Is Brian W. not competeing this year?  Chris did great!  10k baby!  Funny how there was no mention of his near death experience or PTSD on Ninja vs. Ninja.  I believe it totally, I'm just surprised this is the first we've heard of it.

WWWA James McGrath too?  What the hell?  He looks good without the braces, aged him from 15 to 25.

DeFranco falls on the second step?  I don't remember him, but they gave him a lot of time so I feel I should.  Shame he fell so early.

Michelle Warnkey and her three lives on the last obstacle, kinda  close calls.  Glad she powered through.  She is always smiling.  Producers, please don't compare Casey Rothschild's first try at the walk with a vet like Warnkey who has done it multiple times...counting N vs. N.  

"I got a towel, yo.". I think his name was Darius, right?  Excellent attitude and I am glad he made it through to the city finals.

I still love Najee.  I think he talked more in that package than I have ever heard him speak before.  He's delightful.  What a doll.  Glad to see him win 10k although I had no doubt he could do it, until his cramps.  Hope he figures out how to keep them at Bay for the rest of the competition.  I am assuming Geno's paid for the plug?  Don't they have a cross the street rivalry with another well known cheese steak joint?  

Yes. Can we get rid of that term and the equally irritating XX years young? 

• Love 1