Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E27: Reunion

• Start Topic

On 6/27/2018 at 11:06 AM, CurlyATX said:

wouldn't she have destroyed that tile already?

Wouldn't the janitor at the rich, elite Beverly Hills high school have taken care of that back in 1993? I mean, the school has a fricken valet.

• Love 2
On 7/5/2018 at 2:14 PM, Intomymixingbowl said:

Anyone else think it was weird that one of Andrea's complaints about parenthood was diapers? I kept waiting for someone to mention her new baby because Hannah was born her freshman year in college, so she should be 4 now, right? Another example of the writers not caring enough to think about an actual real reason why Andrea would be unhappy with her life. Heck, Gabriel had an actual kid Hannah's age, even she should have known better! 

I took that as Jesse pressuring her for another baby and her being “NO!” Because she does really want to go to medical school now and may not want other baby with Jesse. 

• Love 2
On 6/26/2018 at 10:04 AM, MCMLXXVII said:

The show was very cliche and repetitive with Kelly’s dating choices. John Sears was just the “anti-Dylan” BMoC frat guy at the time. Then back to Dylan, preppy Brandon, “artist” Colin, I guess that Doctor circa Single White Tara, more Brandon, Matt, Dylan, Matt, Dylan. 

If she was real, I’d think being the child of an alcoholic probably subconsciously drew her to these “deep” troubled dramatic guys, while the fatherly abandonment made her seek out the stable white bread guys. She often went for the wholesome-seeming dudes, but she’d get bored and self-sabotage.

I buy that. I find it interesting that the writers often end up with character traits that do track, more or less, but they don't even seem aware of it. Like I highly doubt Kelly's poor choices in boyfriends and her reasons for pursuing them being a result of her troubled upbringing and parental issues was EVER done intentionally, nor is it acknowledged among the characters. It always feels like coincidence, which is almost more maddening than if it didn't make sense at all.

• Love 3