Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02 Episode 2

• Start Topic

Cole tries to  keep Alison's behavior from ruining an important deal, while Luisa's legal status threatens their future; an encounter with a local surfer leads Cole to question if he's the same person he used to be; Alison is saved by a handsome stranger.

What a surprise! Alison is in danger!  Alison is saved!  

• Love 6

Nice to be back on the east coast.  Alison is as annoying as ever and of course a handsome stranger couldn’t keep his eyes off her.  Her and her usual dowdy outfit.  

It’s interesting that another show is taking a page from the headlines or whatever that expression is.  Luisa is crazy for driving.  She should never take that risk, it isn’t worth it.  

I got pulled over for speeding by a state police cop and he was screaming at me like a lunatic.  All I could think is wait until he finds out I don’t have my license on me.  But he got a call and had to let me go.  It does happen!  I did have a license though, poor Luisa would have been in jail.  

• Love 5

Unbelievably happy to be back in Montauk.  That logo was the worst thing I've ever seen . There is no one anywhere who thinks a horse is indicative of the east coast. doesn't matter if a lobster is riding it. Saddest thing I ever saw was a Red Lobster in Bangor Maine. It was closed.

The drawing on the face? I've seen it. It definitely is a thing.

Did they change the restaurant back to it's old form? I thought they'd gotten rid of the wood slat benches and all the red, white and blue?

Alison is still a mess, but I don't like Luisa much better.

• Love 2

Allison's portrayal in the confrontation scene rang false. The writers are telling us that she is forward-looking and has embarked on a career path where her experiences and talents will be put to good use. Surely all employees and volunteers have been trained on how to respond and how to defuse, neither of which she did correctly. She doesn't belong in that office If she is so far gone because of her own baggage that she can't react properly during a crisis. Then, after New Lover Boy saved her, she didn't snap out of it and call Security until he told her to. Nope, and nope. First you assess and then you summon help at your soonest opportunity. If others are present you don't say "Someone call 911," you point to someone and say "You, call 911." She froze and she failed, FFS. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

Unbelievably happy to be back in Montauk.  That logo was the worst thing I've ever seen . There is no one anywhere who thinks a horse is indicative of the east coast. doesn't matter if a lobster is riding it. Saddest thing I ever saw was a Red Lobster in Bangor Maine. It was closed.

The drawing on the face? I've seen it. It definitely is a thing.

Did they change the restaurant back to it's old form? I thought they'd gotten rid of the wood slat benches and all the red, white and blue?

Alison is still a mess, but I don't like Luisa much better.

Luisa's annoying but I expected that because the reaction to Cole/Alison on social media is so strong. I think the writers really underestimated the chemistry between Cole and Alison and so now every character that gets in the way has to be annoying,

The show really needs to look to Big Love to show how women can compete for the same man, can have faults, and yet be likable women. Barb, Nicki, and Margene all had a richness and depth that Alison, Luisa and Helen lack.

• Love 7

Did we know before tonight that Louisa was illegal? I had no idea. 

That makes her more annoying. She has no right to cry about a situation  that she put herself in, and Cole really needs to double think this relationship.  He is risking a lot. 

WTF was Allison wearing in her POV? She looked awful. 

What was the correct way to defuse the situation?  

• Love 4

That makes her more annoying. She has no right to cry about a situation  that she put herself in, and Cole really needs to double think this relationship.  He is risking a lot. 

How is her undocumented status a situation that she put herself in? She came to the US when she was a child.

• Love 22
(edited)

Just found this blog tonight.  Did they show last season so we could catch up?  So, they’re all out in L.A.  when did Vic and Helen get married?  Did they show it on an episode?

what is it about Helen that made a doctor marry her with four kids?  Is she that irresistible?  Did she have work done on her upper lip?  It looks bigger.

Allison’s car won’t start so she calls Cole twice.  No AAA in Montauk I guess.

As soon as my husband saw Helen’s next door neighbor, he said she and the neighbor will have sex.

Vic’s Mother .. priceless!  Lots of luck Helen.  Is she visiting, or does she live there?

Love this show.  Happy to see Montauk again.  

O.k.  Just saw “ on demand” has the three seasons on to catch up.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, GeminiDancer said:

How is her undocumented status a situation that she put herself in? She came to the US when she was a child.

Exactly.  And she isn't "illegal."  Like she herself said, she entered the country illegally.  There is a difference.  

I felt for her situation.  She wants to and has all the tools to be a productive member of society, but can't.  It must be frustrating to want to get out there and do stuff and live life, but to be so restrained and dependent on someone else through no fault of her own.  And please, let's not get into how her status makes her more susceptible to criminal behavior or any other such nonsense.  Not on this show.  Not when every other major character has engaged in some major criminal activity.  At least she didn't knowingly do anything.  

I have no problems with Luisa.  She seems to really excel at hospitality and that type of stuff as she was great at the meeting and at the dinner with those investors or whoever they were.  Much better than the other owner who couldn't be bothered, in both versions, to even show basic respect and politeness by showing up at all or on time or show much interest at all.  Until I see Luisa from her own POV and not anyone else's, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt on being a decent person trying her best to deal with unfortunate circumstances that were mainly beyond her control.    And she's obviously right to be annoyed by Cole's obsession with Alison.  He's an ass to act like she's being paranoid or something.  Did you forget cheating on her Cole?

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 24
(edited)
22 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Uh wait...Cole gets his faced drawn on by kids.  Decides to get his rifle and shoot people.  Luisa grabs the rifle...and they start laughing.

I mean, if my husband's first reaction is to go out and shoot at kids who drew on his face, I wouldn't laugh.  I would be on the run and buy a new identity.

And how is it that every man seems to want Allison?  i don't find the actress nor her character that attractive.

Let's consider this:  the writers have made Alison the target of every man's desires from the first episodes.  They position her as young, healthy, attractive...just recall that first meeting in the Lobster Pot:  long legs, lean...oh yes, very attractive.  And then she saves the kid from choking.  And then she is presented as suffering from the tragedy of her child dying.  So attractive, so vulnerable, so in need of someone to rescue her.  Noah was only the first.  If this continues on for another 10 years, there will be another 10 characters who deem her needing rescuing.
As for Cole, and Vic, and every other male, and female,  in this show:  they all make decisions that support the premise that you reap the benefits of your decisions, good and bad. 
We, of course, as loyal viewers, shout at the TV saying "don't be such a dink!"  Ah, but this is TV, not reality.  Besides, some of us find Alison really, really attractive.  Or, perhaps, it is reality. And, like those who stop to look at a car crash, we just revel in watching the characters spiral down to their demise. 
Except for Whitney...Whitney triumphs no matter what.  As the kids say these days, You go girl!

Edited by grommit2
Reconsidered opinion
  • Love 2
(edited)

Uh-oh, handsome PTSD dude isn't going to make it through his remaining five-odd months of abstinence, is he? Such is the allure of Alison.

If Luisa was brought to the US as a child, shouldn't she qualify for DACA? I know the DACA situation is shaky at the moment, but at least Dreamers don't get deported for routine traffic stops, do they? Also, with the $$$ Cole is making, they could easily hire an immigration lawyer and be a lot more proactive. Perhaps on a subconscious level, Cole *wants* Luisa to get deported so that nothing stands between him and his twu wuv Alison.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 15

I couldn’t tell if the Luisa actress was really speaking Mandarin, or if it was dubbed, but the accent was superlative. 

I was hoping we’d see someone else’s POV of the suggested new Lobster Roll logo. 

PTSD guy reminds me of Mark Ruffalo, Benjamin Bratt, Robert Downey, Jr. and one other person I can’t figure out. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, grommit2 said:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy...as a card-carrying member of the Male Chauvinist Pig category (yes, yes I admit it...) let me be so bold as to say that YES, every man wants Allison.  
Oh you bet they do.  
And here's the good part...the Allison character wants every man.  
Ok...I will now go stand in the corner.  Bad Grommit!

Maybe I am slow on the uptake tonight , because of the numerous glasses of wine I have imbibed, but I am unclear as to whether your post is serious or not.  I seriously can’t see the great beauty that Alison allegedly represents.  Luisa is seriously gorgeous though.  “Allie’s” appeal seems to all stem from her damsel in distress m.o.  - blech!

• Love 6

It's official, this show sucks so bad that I can no longer watch it. Life's too short to waste time watching a show about useless, ungrateful, miserable assholes. Thanks for ruining this show Sarah. You suck as a show runner.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

What was the correct way to defuse the situation?  

Stay seated or get seated, be small, don't be perceived as challenging him. Give him the satisfaction of feeling dominant. Let him talk. Don't deflect, deny, interrupt or make excuses. Put your hand to your heart a couple times when you speak (universal gesture of honesty and sympathy) and especially while apologizing. Do Not Say "I know how you feel" or "I know what you're going through."

She greeted him when she was seated and then stood to reach a clipboard on a shelf and that's when he locked the door; she should have sat down again immediately. She knew his history, she wasn't flying blind. (Surely the desk has a panic button, but we needed New Lover riding to the rescue). He was pleading with her to recognize that her advice was destroying his family. She triggered the escalation when she responded to his plea by saying "I know what this must be like for you" and then she interrupted his response to that! She irritated him to the point that he yelled "Stop talking" and grabbed her by the throat. 

Allison has experience with being an object of attention (wanted and unwanted), her child died, she's a nurse who attended medical school, she was a drug runner, now she is a therapist-in-training and yet she called on none of that. Shitty writing gives us a wide-eyed naif in constant need of rescue. The scene was so unrealistic that it took me out of the story (not that I'm all in the way in, given last season).

Ben sharing his thoughts in the PTSD portion of the coffee shop conversation, that was excellent. It was informative and it felt authentic. When Allison asked him why he came back to her office he said he recognized Angry Husband's body language during their brief encounter as extreme PTSD.  I saw him do that in the doorway scene, notice that dude was keeping his back to the wall and, yep, rolling his fingertips. His noticing that was small, like good acting often is. Minus the anger management issues, he would be a good catch.     

• Love 8

the only thing I got out of this episode was that Cole ordered a rib eye, well done.

I hate Allison episodes.

Suspension of disbelief or whatever. I can't believe how many people ruined their lives for a woman who looks like she smells like a wet rag.

Until she mentioned it, I forgot she even had a son that died.

Still doesn't make her "qualified" to counsel people

• Love 14

Rich people's problems now.  I was just thinking how Cole used to be the coke dealer of Montauk before the little punk threw his past in Cole's face.

Money is often the cause of the biggest stress between people.  But I guess the big dilemma now is whether to go for even more money than they already have.

Lobster Roll is a money-printing institution but my sense was that it just gouged city slickers who came to Montauk for the weekend.  In fact I have a vague recollection of one of the characters expressing glee about ripping off those rich people who visit in one of the previous seasons.

I don't know, did Cole completely cut off his family, now that he's rolling in money?

Speaking of family, Helen's parents were among the most entertaining ones in the series.  Has Helen completely cut them off?  Hope they make an appearance.  So far, Vic's mother is just passive aggressive.  Helens parents were more directly awful.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, GeminiDancer said:

How old is Louisa now and how many years has she had to get a green card?  And why is any of this Cole's fault? And no I see no difference between an illegal and someone coming to this country illegally. 

And I didn't recall them mentioning her status before tonight. It's like the writers pulled it out of their behinds. 

44 minutes ago, suomi said:

Stay seated or get seated, be small, don't be perceived as challenging him. Give him the satisfaction of feeling dominant. Let him talk. Don't deflect, deny, interrupt or make excuses. Put your hand to your heart a couple times when you speak (universal gesture of honesty and sympathy) and especially while apologizing. Do Not Say "I know how you feel" or "I know what you're going through."

She greeted him when she was seated and then stood to reach a clipboard on a shelf and that's when he locked the door; she should have sat down again immediately. She knew his history, she wasn't flying blind. (Surely the desk has a panic button, but we needed New Lover riding to the rescue). He was pleading with her to recognize that her advice was destroying his family. She triggered the escalation when she responded to his plea by saying "I know what this must be like for you" and then she interrupted his response to that! She irritated him to the point that he yelled "Stop talking" and grabbed her by the throat. 

Allison has experience with being an object of attention (wanted and unwanted), her child died, she's a nurse who attended medical school, she was a drug runner, now she is a therapist-in-training and yet she called on none of that. Shitty writing gives us a wide-eyed naif in constant need of rescue. The scene was so unrealistic that it took me out of the story (not that I'm all in the way in, given last season).

Ben sharing his thoughts in the PTSD portion of the coffee shop conversation, that was excellent. It was informative and it felt authentic. When Allison asked him why he came back to her office he said he recognized Angry Husband's body language during their brief encounter as extreme PTSD.  I saw him do that in the doorway scene, notice that dude was keeping his back to the wall and, yep, rolling his fingertips. His noticing that was small, like good acting often is. Minus the anger management issues, he would be a good catch.     

I shook my head during your entire post. Staying seated when someone is coming at you agressively in a locked.room takes Herculean.levels of ... I don't even know what. Alison is still in training I believe. I don't think that the average person could do that. 

• Love 5

Luisa and her holier-than-thou attitude annoys me, especially for someone who could also disappear from Joanie's life.  She should have foreseen possible legal issues with her status and taken care of it already.  Driving around without a license was reckless.   Allison annoyed me too, but I don't know what's true and what isn't.  All I know is that restaurant never seems to have many customers.  

• Love 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

I shook my head during your entire post. Staying seated when someone is coming at you agressively in a locked.room takes Herculean.levels of ... I don't even know what. Alison is still in training I believe. I don't think that the average person could do that. 

Perhaps the writers are portraying Allison as overestimating her abilities again; she was gung ho about and then dropped out of medical school. It appeared to me tonight that she did everything wrong, given that she has trained and advanced to the point of doing one-on-one client care. She is not the average person anymore; mental health professionals know that Herculean expectations come with the territory.  

My daughter is a psych nurse, currently in a hospital's behavioral health unit and previously at the mental health department, and she experienced two similar incidents (minus being choked/assaulted). Once she used the panic button successfully and the other time she was not in reach of the button and she did (and didn't do) what I described in my other post. A co-worker noticed that her In Session light stayed on and her door remained closed past the time when she should have been greeting her next patient and they quickly and smoothly entered her office using a key. (They didn't call first because a ringing phone, answered or not, might cause what they suspected was an incident to escalate). This is what colored my opinion regarding Allison's behavior and I will just leave it at that. 

(Mom said "Fuck that button under the desk, I want one around your neck.")

Edited by suomi
spelling
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Razzberry said:

Luisa and her holier-than-thou attitude annoys me, especially for someone who could also disappear from Joanie's life.  She should have foreseen possible legal issues with her status and taken care of it already.  Driving around without a license was reckless.   Allison annoyed me too, but I don't know what's true and what isn't.  All I know is that restaurant never seems to have many customers.  

I agree Louisa should have taken care of her status by now.  I think  they tried before and then just what? Gave up? And yeah I would never drive if I didn't have papers.  

• Love 7

With Helen/Noah on the West Coast and Alison/Cole still out East, it's like two completely different shows that air every other week.  Combine that with the differing viewpoints and the storyline is moving at a snails pace. zzzzzz.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, snarts said:

With Helen/Noah on the West Coast and Alison/Cole still out East, it's like two completely different shows that air every other week.  Combine that with the differing viewpoints and the storyline is moving at a snails pace. zzzzzz.

Well to be fair, this is only the second episode of a supposedly 10-episode season, so there's still time to weave their stories together.

If would be weird if they kept the main characters apart the whole season.

• Love 5
(edited)

I have such a problem with the Allison POVs because there are always situations that appear to have not taken place at all. I mean, I questioned Cole's judgment but in his POV he didn't go to his daughter's school (much less do it with a penis drawn on his face) and Allison was at the Lobster Roll meeting.

I like how the show continues to portray hurt, love, resentment, etc. being able to sway your memories so drastically. But with Allison there seems to be a consistency to her appearing to pull things out of thin air.

Oy. I think I'm going to have to subject myself to a rewatch. But I am skipping season 3. They cant put me through that again.

Edited by chick binewski
  • Love 6

Will Ben actually resist Alison for 5 long months?  Will Cole ever get that dick off his face?   And who's Noah doing in LA this week?   Tune in next time...

I'm loving the show, in a guilty pleasure kind of way.

affair4_55.thumb.jpg.f2c77617083280f324a1b9c7e950bd9d.jpg

• Love 9
(edited)

Here are my levels of attention for show-watching, highest to lowest:

1. Watching in the dedicated home theatre with all lights off, and no devices
  2. In the home theater, lights off, iPad within reaching distance
  3. Home theater, iPad on lap, checking occasionally (like when random new guy finds Alison fatally hot, so every 6-10 minutes)
  4. Family room/kitchen, TV on, making dinner, looking over at the TV every 2-3 minutes
  5. Deliberately in another room not watching the turned-on TV; but TV on with show so that show will still get renewal-level ratings and the entire cast & crew will be obligated to remain in the hell of making another season of this shit-soiree of a show as penance for having ever made me watch a minute of it

Right now, this show is between 4 and 5.  You have been warned, show.

Edited by Penman61
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, Lemons said:

She was brought here as a child so she does have the right.  It was brought up before. 

You would need to know what you’re talking out to understand.  But even if you didn’t I think they explained it pretty well.  In order to get a green card she would have to leave the country for ten years.  Go back to a country she never lived in as an adult.  She doesn’t qualify for any waivers.  She doesn’t have any good options.  

@Lemons, thank you for refreshing the collective memory here!  People dont just "take care of their status", it's not like signing up for Facebook. It's an arduous process for which this country does not make it easy. Hence another reason people fly under the radar. But I digress, and because I dont want to get into a political debate on immigration, let's just say, decent human beings deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt that they're in country other than their own birth country for reasons that we may or may not understand, but that make them no less 'worthy' than someone who was simply lucky to be born in said country. Case in point, I'd be happy to take Alison, Helen, Helen's parents, Vik's mother, Noah, and his oldest daughter, and send them to another country permanently, and keep people like Luisa, who seems like a decent  person. God I hate this show now. Did I say that enough already?!

• Love 15
31 minutes ago, Lemons said:

She was brought here as a child so she does have the right.  It was brought up before. 

You would need to know what you’re talking out to understand.  But even if you didn’t I think they explained it pretty well.  In order to get a green card she would have to leave the country for ten years.  Go back to a country she never lived in as an adult.  She doesn’t qualify for any waivers.  She doesn’t have any good options.  

Putting aside the real US law and just sticking to what we were presented with the four corners of the episode, Luisa could get a green card by enrolling in school. (Source: Luisa). So, why not sign up for some classes at Suffolk County Community College, and be on her way? She might even be able to qualifying for in-state tuition. Would it perhaps put off her plans to immediately do hospitality work in Miami with the Chinese? Hey Luisa--we all have dreams that get deferred. I believe Langston Hughes even wrote a poem about it. 

That, or she can rail instead against "this fucking country" (her words) for not giving her a driver's license and, apparently, legal status to do what she wants on demand, rendering her as helpless as a concubine in the face of Cole's demands.  Whatever works for her. I know what I would pick. 

On a different note, my husband and I, who both grew up on Long Island, had no idea where that diner where Alison and Five Months Sober guy were eating. There is no highway structure like the one behind FMSG's head anywhere in eastern Suffolk County. It's very flat out there. There are no major highway intersections. The diner looked like it somewhere in the outer NYC boroughs, like Queens. Does anyone know where Alison's job is supposed to be located? Sometimes I feel like these show runners don't even attempt to understand Long Island's actual physical features.

Hey, when Cole caught that kid "freebasing" lol, why did the kid run? If the kid truly thinks Cole in in no position to bust him for anything, why run? Oh yeah--drah-mah.

This whole episode felt very claustrophobic to me. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I can't wait to return to LA (hanging head in shame).

• Love 3
(edited)

You know why the dual perspective doesn't work - because none of these people can be trusted!

We are all in constant state of not knowing WTF really happened.

In Allison's POV - they dropped off not Noah's daughter TOGETHER (and he had a dick on his forehead).

Insert eye roll emoji.   

In Cole's version - no drop off (and no dick - he has a clown nose lol) - he's acting as if he's irritated to even be there.

Sell, don't sell. I wish I didn't care!

Luisa could get a green card by enrolling in school.

Does her being married help her? She was in school - she has a degree! lol

I don't find her holier than thou - and with this bunch, maybe she is!

Edited by chabelisaywow
can't forget the dick nose
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

You know why the dual perspective doesn't work - because none of these people can be trusted!

We are all in constant state of not knowing WTF really happened.

In Allison's POV - they dropped off not Noah's daughter TOGETHER (and he had a dick on his forehead).

Insert eye roll emoji.   

In Cole's version - no drop off - he's acting as if he's irritated to even be there.

Sell, don't sell. I wish I didn't care!

Does her being married help her? She was in school - she has a degree! lol

I don't find her holier than thou - and with this bunch, maybe she is!

Being married doesn’t help in her particular situation.  Also just enrolling in school isn’t enough for a waiver.  The bottom line is it’s very difficult to get a green card once you’ve entered the country illegally, even as a child.  The show got it right.  Incredibly. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Being married doesn’t help in her particular situation.  Also just enrolling in school isn’t enough for a waiver.  The bottom line is it’s very difficult to get a green card once you’ve entered the country illegally, even as a child.  The show got it right.  Incredibly. 

This is a classic either-or situation. Either the show got it (incredibly) right, and Luisa can get a green card by enrolling in school, or the show got it wrong (incredibly wrong), by stating that Luisa could get a green card by being in school. We can't have both, cause that's what she said. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, N. Bluth said:

This is a classic either-or situation. Either the show got it (incredibly) right, and Luisa can get a green card by enrolling in school, or the show got it wrong (incredibly wrong), by stating that Luisa could get a green card by being in school. We can't have both, cause that's what she said. 

The show was probably referring to the DACA program where young people still in high school or college can get temporary legal status.  Obviously everyone would enroll in college if it was as simple as that.

I thought they explained it as well as a show can explain it.  It’s a drama not a documentary.  Luisa is in a shitty situation through no fault of her own.  I think they wanted to make that point.  

• Love 10

Oh ok, I got lost in the moving of goal posts. I thought we were discussing Louisa's objective options as she states them on the show. Seeing as how this is not a documentary, I took pains in my first post to say that according to the show, Luisa has options about her green card status, such as enrolling in school.

If we are shifting to the subjective,  and you are now saying that the show got it incredibly right that Luisa is in a shitty position through no fault of her own, I still disagree. It's not a "shitty position" to have to jump through hoops to get what you want in life. To me, that's a "difficult position." A "shitty situation" IMO, is when you have no options. Huge difference.  Agree to disagree. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

the only thing I got out of this episode was that Cole ordered a rib eye, well done.

My husband and I remarked on this.  I cannot believe anyone in the restaurant business would order it well done.  No way you go to any restaurant and order meat that way if you are with other industry folks.  If you don't like meat (you can't if you get it well done), order seafood or pasta.

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, N. Bluth said:

Putting aside the real US law and just sticking to what we were presented with the four corners of the episode, Luisa could get a green card by enrolling in school. (Source: Luisa). So, why not sign up for some classes at Suffolk County Community College, and be on her way? She might even be able to qualifying for in-state tuition. Would it perhaps put off her plans to immediately do hospitality work in Miami with the Chinese? Hey Luisa--we all have dreams that get deferred. I believe Langston Hughes even wrote a poem about it. 

That, or she can rail instead against "this fucking country" (her words) for not giving her a driver's license and, apparently, legal status to do what she wants on demand, rendering her as helpless as a concubine in the face of Cole's demands.  Whatever works for her. I know what I would pick. 

On a different note, my husband and I, who both grew up on Long Island, had no idea where that diner where Alison and Five Months Sober guy were eating. There is no highway structure like the one behind FMSG's head anywhere in eastern Suffolk County. It's very flat out there. There are no major highway intersections. The diner looked like it somewhere in the outer NYC boroughs, like Queens. Does anyone know where Alison's job is supposed to be located? Sometimes I feel like these show runners don't even attempt to understand Long Island's actual physical features.

Hey, when Cole caught that kid "freebasing" lol, why did the kid run? If the kid truly thinks Cole in in no position to bust him for anything, why run? Oh yeah--drah-mah.

This whole episode felt very claustrophobic to me. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I can't wait to return to LA (hanging head in shame).

I just read an article that says not all the venues such as homes, restaurants are in Montauk. But did you ever find out where Alison's job is? Last season she began work at the place in Northern NJ. I brought up the point that this is completely unrealistic geographically. If you're driving from Montauk to Northern NJ, , especially during morning/evening rush hour, you're talking about a 3 hour drive each way! 

• Love 4

Paramours, 

PTV has a No Politics rule. As noted:

Where a show itself has political content (e.g. Morning Joe) -- political discussion will be allowed ONLY as it relates to the show.

This episode took on a political topic which can become heated - immigration.  We can discuss this topic as it pertains to the show.  We will not open this thread to a debate on immigration policies.  Let's be careful in both keeping the topic within bounds and in speaking to each other respectfully.  Snark the show, not each other. The show is so snark worthy, there is no need to look to your fellow posters for snark bait. 

If you have specific questions or concerns, please IM me, @PrincessPurrsALot.

• Love 2

Last season she began work at the place in Northern NJ. I brought up the point that this is completely unrealistic geographically

She's working at the place that she was in (Woodlawn, Wood Acre, Wood something)! She went "away" for whatever length. The same one that when she was offered the job and Cole asked about not Noah's daughter and she replied "what about Not Noah's daughter?" Insert eye roll emoji (directed at Allison/Alison). Maybe I'm wrong, I don't care enough to re-watch old episodes to verify.  I just get so irritated that Alison spends all of  season 3 complaining that she's changed, that she's a grrreat Mom, and that she wants her daughter back and then thinks that having a job in BFE will be a hop skip and a jump from Montauk (and not affect not Noah's daughter at all). Insert eye roll emoji at myself for catching this show in marathon mode two years ago and still wondering how it will end!!!

• Love 2

RE: "well-done rib eye"

Brought back a related memory. Many years ago while working in Lower Manhattan, I was at a business lunch with a few co-workers. The restaurant was relatively upscale. I can't recall the name. However, one of the co-workers ordered a "well done" filet mignon. A few moments later the server returned to the table and announced the chef refuses to cook a well-done filet mignon.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

She's working at the place that she was in (Woodlawn, Wood Acre, Wood something)! She went "away" for whatever length. The same one that when she was offered the job and Cole asked about not Noah's daughter and she replied "what about Not Noah's daughter?" Insert eye roll emoji (directed at Allison/Alison). Maybe I'm wrong, I don't care enough to re-watch old episodes to verify.  I just get so irritated that Alison spends all of  season 3 complaining that she's changed, that she's a grrreat Mom, and that she wants her daughter back and then thinks that having a job in BFE will be a hop skip and a jump from Montauk (and not affect not Noah's daughter at all). Insert eye roll emoji at myself for catching this show in marathon mode two years ago and still wondering how it will end!!!

Ok thnx. Then if it is the same place, show writers take note: it's approximately a 3 hour drive each way! Don't be silly!

• Love 2

This is another political anvil the writers threw in. Since discussion is off limits (and that's fine), I'll just leave it there.

One thing I forgot to mention. Helen's husband is the giant earthquake, not Noah. Helen confessed to her husband that she killed Scotty. Confession of murder is not covered by spousal privilege, religious or medical privilege. Maybe she's afraid he'll tell some day.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, preeya said:

RE: "well-done rib eye"

Brought back a related memory. Many years ago while working in Lower Manhattan, I was at a business lunch with a few co-workers. The restaurant was relatively upscale. I can't recall the name. However, one of the co-workers ordered a "well done" filet mignon. A few moments later the server returned to the table and announced the chef refuses to cook a well-done filet mignon.

I'm not a big steak eater but used to request medium well done.

I've had rare steaks where the middle is cold.  I'd rather have it slightly over-cooked than undercooked.

• Love 5

I wonder if Luisa can get a work visa through the Chinese (at the new place in Miami) if they accept the offer? Maybe make that part of it? She seemed to make such a good impression on them. They'd probably hire her without the Lobster Roll deal. I don't think her marriage to Cole is going to last.

I'm curious to see how the show weaves the characters on opposite coasts back together. I'm guessing Vic is either going to die or divorce Helen, sending her (and Noah) back to New York.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, LilaFowler said:

I'm curious to see how the show weaves the characters on opposite coasts back together. I'm guessing Vic is either going to die or divorce Helen, sending her (and Noah) back to New York.

I don't think it's Helen that brings Noah back.  It's likely Alison since it showed at the very beginning Noah, Cole, and surprisingly Antwon(!?) sitting in what looks like Cole's jeep, but Noah was driving.  No way are Noah and Cole in the same place for any other reason other than once again saving Alison.  

I'm really interested in how Antwon ends up in Montauk with Noah AND Cole.   Noah probably does something stupid to "save" Antwon and leaves Helen and the kids in Cali to hide out, but he gets word that Alison is missing to he heads out to Montauk with Antwon in tow to save her once again.

I forgot to mention this but I find it really perplexing when the show depicts the characters' recollections as being so wildly different. It's not just a matter of perspectives or minor differences, either. Take Cole and Allison's meeting at the Lobster Roll. In his version, she was there but was under-dressed and behaved inappropriately. In hers she didn't show up at all and Cole ripped her a new one over the phone for it. This happened again when he came to rescue her and her car: he jumps the battery and leaves, in her version he goes with her to the school and they have an entire conversation along the way. I don't think these are small things: someone is remembering conversations that possibly never happened, or hallucinating people being at places when they weren't. Is this setting up yet another Allison-is-troubled-and-crazy season?

• Love 13