Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Game Changer 2018.06.28

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I wonder if Assley tried hitting on JD as well.   anything to stay on the show... Or as she put it, 'in South Carolina'.

Hard to believe anyone would be desperate enough to hit on JD, especially in his Boss Hogg hat.  Gross.

I was hoping when Kathryn recognized that Brookland would be a trigger for her, that she'd decide to stay home but she seemed to handle herself really well.  I've actually really enjoyed watching her grow this season and I never thought I'd say that. Previews for next week look AWESOME. It will be interesting to see the dynamic between Assley and Snowdon.  My eyes actually lit up when I saw them together.   

• Love 10
11 hours ago, missy jo said:

Who wants to bet the season ends with a Shep/Kathryn kiss? 

Not even a little bit.......Shep would have to change a whole lot about his lifestyle because partying and drinking all the time would more than likely lead Kathryn back down a bad path.  She needs somebody who is willing and able to be sober and also someone who can be a responsible step parent.  I really do like Shep and have grown to like Kathryn but the two of them together would be a bad idea.  No offense Missy Jo, they have shared some really cute scenes together but I think they would be better off friends for her long term sobriety.        

• Love 21
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

Agee, also the way he handled that INSANE conversation - if you can call it a conversation- with Ashley! He was graceful as she threw herself at him! I think that was one of the nuttiest discussions I ever saw on this show and had to rewind to be sure I heard it correctly. 

I agree!  I just can't help myself liking Shep, and his graciousness is one of main reasons.  Watching that scene, it was like watching a very poor, modern day imitation of Scarlett O'Hara declaring her love for Ashley Wilkes, and Ashley/Shep letting her down oh so gently.  Southern gentleman manners at their best!   :-)

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, AnnieHeights said:

Not even a little bit.......Shep would have to change a whole lot about his lifestyle because partying and drinking all the time would more than likely lead Kathryn back down a bad path.  She needs somebody who is willing and able to be sober and also someone who can be a responsible step parent.  I really do like Shep and have grown to like Kathryn but the two of them together would be a bad idea.  No offense Missy Jo, they have shared some really cute scenes together but I think they would be better off friends for her long term sobriety.        

Now that I reread Missy Jo's post, I realized I replied as if it was her wish the season would end with a Shep/Kathryn kiss and I realize it was just a prediction.  I apologize.   

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

I might be the only one but I hated Kathryn’s outfit for the polo match. She looked out of place and ridiculous. She’s a pretty girl with a cute figure—but her fashion sense is dreadful. 

It was awful! It reminded me of a Halloween witches costume. Everybody telling her how gorrrrrgeous she looked was annoying. The cast (minus Ashley of course) are falling all over her this season, treating her like a fragile little china doll. 

5 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Cameran's absence hasn't really been felt this season; it's kinda weird now when she pops up out of the blue.

She has no place on the show any longer. They can't give her a story line of a love interest and dating because she's married and her husband refuses to be on the show (don't blame him). So now that she can't complain about being pregnant anymore she's going to go back to dispensing advice to loser's about their love life. 

I will say that she is the most naturally beautiful woman on the show. Damn she is gorgeous!

• Love 10
(edited)
11 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

It's funny no one ever talks about how much Cam likes being on camera. tbh I'm over her nagging Shep. I like the friendship she has with Shep and Whitney but the nagging is just annoying.

I maintain that Ashley is on a completely different show than the rest of these folks.

I will talk about it!  She really likes to be on camera.  Does she have anything else to talk about with Shep?  It is either, you need a girl, or you don't need a girl.  Just let it go, Cam.  

It does feel that way.

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

i also got a kick out of Naomi eating ALL the oysters and saying how she’s going to burst but then the cook pours out another bushel: “There’s MORE?!? Alright. I’m going back in!” In addition to the meatball cooking website, between all the oysters at T-Rav’s party, Chelsie and Austen’s non-date with the oyster shooters and 2 dozen oysters on the half shell, AND even showing us the “previously on” date with T-Rav and Ashley fighting over a tray of oysters, I’m going to assume this episode was also sponsored by the American Association for Oyster Harvesters—or whatever.

I am now dying for oysters, I could eat them all day, and I want an oyster shooter.

Were the oysters at the T-Rav's party cooked?  I love oysters but only raw.  I guess I like them Rockafeller, too, but I don't think I have ever eaten a cooked oyster with no stuffing.

1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

I might be the only one but I hated Kathryn’s outfit for the polo match. She looked out of place and ridiculous. She’s a pretty girl with a cute figure—but her fashion sense is dreadful. 

You are not the only one!  The little petticoat and old timey boots were awful.  I did not get that at all.  She looked like a witch.  Was everyone saying they "loved her outfit" like Regina George/Mean Girls?  "LOVE your skirt, where did you get it?"  That is what I am assuming.

1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

I think Katherine is stunningly beautiful and looks better every time she’s shown. She’s all I look at when she’s on camera with the rest of them. She certainly has ‘presence’.

on the flip side, Ashley had so much tinted foundation or tanner on, she looked grubby. While at the polo match, Katherine seemed to shine with a light from within, while Ashley looked like a gnarled, angry little goblin with a dark cloud over her head. You could see the energy through the screen. 

Ok, I think the complete opposite.  All I see when I look at Kathryn is FOUNDATION.  She looks chalky, and has some serious skin issues.  I think Ashley looks great and her skin is great.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Didn’t Craig once say he wanted to be a defense attorney?  I could see him the day after his client is sentenced to life in prison saying, “ If I had just one more day, I would have thought up a defense.”  Loser.

And his poor friend/roommate, having to help him cut fabric for some other pillow project.  For a split second I thought he was trying on his own to come up with a suitable pillow for Patricia even though he'd missed the deadline, but of course not.  Nope.  

12 hours ago, missy jo said:

The previews look awesome tho. 

Spoilered in case 

Spoiler

It's funny how when they did the tease at the beginning of the season it seemed like just usual crazy Kathryn but the clip they showed last night it looks like Ashley is going in on her and even trying to make it seem like Kathryn is being aggressive when she's not.  Did she say something like "Are you going to hit me?" when all Kathryn was doing was pointing a finger at her?  

The flashback to Cam's cooking lesson made me laugh.  Talk about the blind leading the blind...

Naomie's kitty was so cute.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Kathryn gives some awkward hugs.  She almost shields herself.  

She's either A. guarded and unsure if these friendships are actually real or B. Just doesn't like to hug people

I do find it interesting that she always seems to go out of her way to greet Thomas and give him a hug - not in a way that I think she wants to get back with him, but that it's the southern way to be polite? When she's not off the rails she does seem to have really good manners. 

11 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I am officially a Chelsea fan. I like the way she handled herself at the polo match. I appreciate a confident woman. If Austen had Shep's confidence they'd be together. 

I know a lot of people don't like chelsea but I LOVE her. I want to be friends with her. I love her no-nonsense no-BS way of dealing with things. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's not a good sign that Kathryn is still lamenting over Thomas.  She admits what he is like.( Ashley reports the same.) Kathryn is fantasizing about a life that she WANTED, NOT one that she had. After all this time, I'd think she'd be relieved to be rid of that life.

When you have kids with someone it's really hard to break away.  Even if the relationship was toxic.  Going back to that person in moments of weakness is easy because it's a comfortable situation. I believe her when she says that she's over Thomas but it's still a comfortable area for her to be with him and I can appreciate that they can have calm conversations this season. 

I don't think Ashley was flirting with the guys. I think she was trying to get validation from them and take that back and use it on Thomas. She can say "oh you don't want me? Well Craig, JD, and Shep all said they would do me"  And I can't believe she actually asked Shep "would you do me???"  So Trashy. Unless I heard her wrong but I thought she repeated it twice. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Were the oysters at the T-Rav's party cooked? 

They were most likely steamed he poured them out of a steamer basket and steam was coming off them. I like all oysters all ways and steam can be quite good though I usually like to top them with some herbed butter when they are prepared that way.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, gunderda said:

She can say "oh you don't want me? Well Craig, JD, and Shep all said they would do me"  And I can't believe she actually asked Shep "would you do me???"  So Trashy. Unless I heard her wrong but I thought she repeated it twice. 

I'm pretty sure she said, "date me". 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I know a lot of people don't like chelsea but I LOVE her.

Me too. I thought her referring to the ball as "the dance" was freaking adorable. I think that she just seems really joyful and effortless. She's clearly just out there enjoying her life. I'm obviously completely jealous of those abilities. 

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I don't think Ashley was flirting with the guys. I think she was trying to get validation from them and take that back and use it on Thomas. She can say "oh you don't want me? Well Craig, JD, and Shep all said they would do me"  And I can't believe she actually asked Shep "would you do me???"  So Trashy. Unless I heard her wrong but I thought she repeated it twice. 

I thought she said take me, meaning not just “am I hot enough to sleep with?” Because, sure. But, “if I dump Thomas, will you assume the role of sugar daddy?” Aw, hell no! She’s 100% looking to be a kept woman and trying to line up the next mark so she can make the jump and get out of the relationship with Thomas. Guess she hasn’t gotten any takers yet!

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They were most likely steamed he poured them out of a steamer basket and steam was coming off them. I like all oysters all ways and steam can be quite good though I usually like to top them with some herbed butter when they are prepared that way.

As if my mouth wasn't watering already!  I am now on a quest to have this for dinner!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, escatefromny said:

The result of the conservation easement is definitely a positive thing, but Thomas’s motivation was more likely the tax credits.  In some states they can be sold to another taxpayer at a high mark up.  As a real estate developer, Thomas may have also been able to use the credits himself.  

Not being argumentative, I just refuse to see anything positive in Thomas.

It's hard, right!?  Lol

I did like his expression that he's not dumb enough to be looking up at the sky while walking through a cow field.  I never heard that before.  It made me laugh.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

When a person is as devoted to alcohol as much as Shep is, they aren't capable of a true adult relationship.  The booze will always come first. 

Amen Sunny. I used to say that in my previous relationship. I came in 6th, after him, his two kids, his ex-wife and the bottle. The. worst.

• Love 4

Now that Cameron has had a baby, I'm not sure what kind of storyline she could have on the show after this. I do hope she stays because she's funny and I like her personality but I can't see how she'll be more than just a sidekick who shows up to events and lunch dates when called upon. It's probably better for her anyway if she doesn't have a storyline...means things are going well for her. I do like her friendship with Shep. He seems like his best self when he's with her.

It's the word that comes to my mind as well Patricia, lol. 

Ashley wants Thomas to change his lifestyle for her. If you need someone to change their lifestyle so that you can feel more secure in your relationship, then you're in the wrong relationship, boo. Ashley asking her boyfriend's friends that question is unattractively needy and trashy. Does Ashley have nothing to talk about with people if not about her relationship with Thomas or complaining about Katheryn? I see her as being manipulative. She thought threatening their relationship would make Thomas relent but instead he said 'fine then let's break up' and so she quickly turns the situation into a 'I have more to give and want to keep trying'. She's a piece of work and judging by the previews, I'm gonna have even more unflattering things to say about her next week, lol. 

This episode had me craving oysters. So much oysters this episode! Chelsea was also boss at that polo match, lol. 

• Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Amen Sunny. I used to say that in my previous relationship. I came in 6th, after him, his two kids, his ex-wife and the bottle. The. worst.

Oh yes. I know what you mean.

I think that if you are involved with a hardcore substance abuser, you have a unique perspective of how they operate and what daily life is for them. IF, what the show portrays about some of these cast members is true, they do have some serious issues.   The funny, relaxed, carefree personality is often a facade. Internally, they are struggling and thinking of ways to keep the booze coming into the system, which is exhausting, because, it's not so much about wanting to drink beer for lunch or earlier, it HAS to be done to avoid shaking and withdrawal symptoms.  I hope that's not the case, but, based on the medical concerns shown before........I'd be concerned.  Didn't Cameron ask Shep if he was drunk when she went over to prepare that dish?  Wasn't it lunch time or earlier?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh yes. I know what you mean.

I think that if you are involved with a hardcore substance abuser, you have a unique perspective of how they operate and what daily life is for them. IF, what the show portrays about some of these cast members is true, they do have some serious issues.   The funny, relaxed, carefree personality is often a facade. Internally, they are struggling and thinking of ways to keep the booze coming into the system, which is exhausting, because, it's not so much about wanting to drink beer for lunch or earlier, it HAS to be done to avoid shaking and withdrawal symptoms.  I hope that's not the case, but, based on the medical concerns shown before........I'd be concerned.  Didn't Cameron ask Shep if he was drunk when she went over to prepare that dish?  Wasn't it lunch time or earlier?

Lunch time, I think.

I agree with all of this. That's why I don't believe Shep is just waiting for the "right girl". What, he's suddenly going to snap out of a 15+ year lifestyle overnight just for that special girl?! Who knows if he's already met her but because he's just focused on fucking her and getting her out the next morning that he didn't miss out on her already?! 

Tbh, I think if Shep didn't drink too much and he's shown some semblance of wanting to be in a committed relationship for a period of time (i.e., more than one night), I think he and Chelsea would actually be a great fit. They have more things in common than the semi-fake relationship the show is pushing with Austen. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

idn't Cameron ask Shep if he was drunk when she went over to prepare that dish? 

I am pretty certain that was just a reflection of the way he had fucked the dish already and his “I don’t mince words and I don’t mince garlic” than seriously wondering if he was drunk.

• Love 3

Craig just put the kibosh on whether or not he and Chelsea will hook up soon:

http://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/season-5/episode-13/videos/is-chelsea-meissner-a-loner

It's so funny how Craig puts it "I've just been used to dating the princess types, and not the Chelsea types..."

At the beginning of the season, I thought they may be a better fit as a couple than Craig and Naomie. But after seeing the last few episodes depict Craig, he would drive ANY woman crazy. 

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm not sure what kind of storyline she could have on the show after this.

In my opinion, her participation hasn't made a ton of sense for the last couple of seasons.  Since she was married, yes, she would attend some of the functions, but always stag, because her hubs wouldn't or couldn't attend.  She's the only cast member that is married or even really in a relationship (yes T & A, I'm including y'all).  I suspect that she will continue to back away from the show, and may not even be involved as a "friend of".  I'm a little sad about that because I do find her completely enjoyable.  This show no longer makes sense for her imo.

• Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

(Raises hand; jumps up and down) Me, too! Kathryn has the worst fashion fashion sense. Her clothes are never appropriate for whatever venue or situation she’s in. She is naturally fresh faced pretty but her ridiculous attire and too heavy makeup make her look much older. She’s back to the Snookie-Bumpit hairstyle on Instagram. I find it hard to fathom why a high-end store like Gwynn’s would want her attached to their name, regardless of the free advertising. No one in their right mind wants to emulate Kathryn’s style. And sweet biscuits, Danni, stop encouraging her - fashion wise, I mean. 

Edited by Babyfoot
Missing words
  • Love 11

I'm not sure if Kathryn is still employed at Gynn's. After she didn't call or show up for two days.....that's what her friends said about her when she went off the grid.  I wonder how that worked out.  Most employers can't deal with that kind of thing.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I can understand why he wanted a girlfriend for a storyline, but I don’t understand why T-Rav and Ashole are STILL together a year later! It must be EXHAUSTING with this game of relationship chicken they’re constantly playing daring the other to break up. Ashole seems to be driving that game to get some kind of reaction out of T-Rav, but he always just says ok, then—and then she scrambles in desperation about how much she loves him and she’s going to fight for them. Uh, the only people I know who say they “fight FOR a relationship” are people who just spend the whole relationship fighting. You’re fighting against the person here! Why doesn’t he break up with her? I mean, he even dumped Beverage Cart Girl—the love of his life—but he sticks around with Ashole?! I mean, I guess back then he probably had more options to find a scion but now he’ll take whatever he can get—which, let’s face it—isn’t much! Okay, talked myself back around to understanding why they’re still together. I also thought it was telling that Ash admitted she’s dated lots of rich men and none of them complained about her not working. So, this IS her thing—glom onto a rich fella and stop working and milk him for all he’s worth. I’m really amazed that someone with this much gold digger experience acts so crazy and desperate. Wouldn’t you have a bit more savvy to lock them down (as Patricia would advise)? But maybe that’s why she’s gone through so many rich guys. Guess she’s realizing she’s running out of options, too. Unless, Shep, what do you think?? Craig? Anyone?? Let me just run a quick credit check...

Thomas doesn't have a backbone and he needs the urging of the crowd to spur him on. Think about how many times with Kathryn he sat up and told her he loved her, then when he had the group think of JD/Whitney/Shep/Craig at a boy's night out it was all "yeah I think I need to dump her". Even with BCG he waited until a couple of days before the wedding to pull the trigger. Ashley is attractive, sexy and puts out. Its going to take someone else talking him out of it

• Love 3
15 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Loved the bird going after Shep's corndog - even Bravo couldn't script that...

Loved it, too, and that he just started eating it from the other end. He has his flaws, but I really like him. I agree with whoever posted that he simply hasn't met "the one" yet but when he does he will fall head over heels. Granted, his lifestyle may be slowing down the process, but I'm keeping hope alive. I definitely don't think that he and Kathryn will get together and hope they absolutely do not. Their friendship is great, though. He is probably her date to the ball to help her guide her through it

I like having Cameran on the show and don't care that she doesn't have some dramatic story line going on. Her commentary is funny and her friendships with Shep and Whitney are fun to watch. Good on her husband for not being on this show. When it's long gone off the air, he will still have his career and reputation intact. I think the only doctors who can kind of get away with this reality show crap unscathed are plastic surgeons. The Married to Medicine doctors are lucky. I'd still go to Jackie or Simone because they take their work extremely seriously.

Hate it when they make us wait an extra week for a show because it's a holiday. Hello? I still want to see it. Can DVD it or watch it live at home or on my iPad if I'm on vacay. The finale (sob!) looks awsome!

Ashley is fucking crazy and also appears to have a serious eating disorder. She says she lost a ton of weight because of anxiety. Maybe you need to go back home to your family and friends because what's happened to her is extremely unhealthy. Let's assume Thomas did promise he'd pay for everything and she doesn't want to nurse, she still needs to do fucking something aside from begging him to marry him all the time. She could be a part-time nurse or volunteer at a health clinic or something. Like someone above said, "She ain't right."

• Love 12
(edited)

I actually liked Katherine’s ‘costume’ at polo. Because it was just that, a costume. I think she’s rather brilliant at playing the tv show game. I don’t think this was just a casual, run-of-the-mill get together to watch Thomas play polo, not with cameras all around and everything being filmed. She ensured being the star...the main attraction, all eyes (especially Ashley’s!) were on her. I think she played it pretty smart. And I love her clothes most of the time. I think she knows fashion the best out of all of them, I love seeing her on screen, love to see what she will wear next! Sure beats the heck out of Sheree schlepping around in gray sweats all season long on Atlanta. My one critique is I wish Katherine didn’t slouch so much. But that may change as she feels more confident. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 19

Just finished watching and it's hard to comment on this episode when the previews look so good.  Ashley is such a terror. I can't believe what she says to Kathryn about her kids being taken away. Like Chelsea said, that's some evil shit.  I have to say that I do not think she is an escort or a hooker, nor do I believe the same rumor about Landon. 

I love Cameran and I hope she is back if there is another season!  I agree that she doesn't have an exciting storyline but I enjoy her as the narrator and sidekick.  I like Chelsea, too.  I think she would be a cool friend.  Maybe she is not perfect in her interactions with Austen but I think that she would be awesome to hang out with. Naomie seems like a fun friend too but man, she seems like a total psycho as a girlfriend/ex-gf.

Minus some of the company, the after polo party looked so fun!  The setting and the food looked so amazing adn everyone except Ashley seemed to be having a great time!

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, gunderda said:

4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I thought she said take me, meaning not just “am I hot enough to sleep with?” Because, sure. But, “if I dump Thomas, will you assume the role of sugar daddy?” Aw, hell no! She’s 100% looking to be a kept woman and trying to line up the next mark so she can make the jump and get out of the relationship with Thomas. Guess she hasn’t gotten any takers yet!

I’m like 99.8% sure she said “date me.”

That said, ANY of those 3 options are pathetic and ridiculous.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I see Ashley had the makeup gun set to “whore” for the polo match. It was hard to look at her during that scene of them talking in the barn. 

Two things ...

1. Excellent Golden Age Simpsons reference on the make-up gun. 

2. Oh no.  She looked like some sort of reject from a community production of the Harry Potter play, that or the new Adjunct at Hogwarts teaching remedial potions.

4 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Hard to believe anyone would be desperate enough to hit on JD, especially in his Boss Hogg hat.  Gross.

JD showed up on screen and everyone in my house let out a groan.  "I thought I smelled some bullshit" was uttered aloud.

3 hours ago, gunderda said:

I do find it interesting that she always seems to go out of her way to greet Thomas and give him a hug - not in a way that I think she wants to get back with him, but that it's the southern way to be polite? When she's not off the rails she does seem to have really good manners. 

That, and if she hugs him he can clearly see that she hasn't been drinking or smoking weed.

2 hours ago, slowpoked said:

I agree with all of this. That's why I don't believe Shep is just waiting for the "right girl". What, he's suddenly going to snap out of a 15+ year lifestyle overnight just for that special girl?! Who knows if he's already met her but because he's just focused on fucking her and getting her out the next morning that he didn't miss out on her already?! 

I get the feeling that Shep enjoys his life immensely just as it is and has zero desire for a wife and a family.  He's quite pleased with his level of committedness, thank you very much.

My take on Ashley - she's the annoying jackass at the party who has to litigate things over and over and over again until you just admit that she's right to make her shut the fuck up.  As CHEL-SEAAA said on Hilton Head, she's exhausting.  

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Lemur said:

o.  She looked like some sort of reject from a community production of the Harry Potter play, that or the new Adjunct at Hogwarts teaching remedial potions.

Perfect.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I agree.  Why is he a freeloader?  He gets paid from the show.  He brings nothing to the show.  I hope Chelsea doesn’t give in to him.  She can do much better.

I say freeloader because Chelsea said she paid for most of their dates 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AnnieHeights said:

Now that I reread Missy Jo's post, I realized I replied as if it was her wish the season would end with a Shep/Kathryn kiss and I realize it was just a prediction.  I apologize.   

Totally a prediction. I do NOT want that! ?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, FrankieTankie said:

I say freeloader because Chelsea said she paid for most of their dates 

Yes. I also like the word "moocher" for him because it sounds worse.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I just love Shep.  He is kind and considerate.  I think he would make a good husband and father.  If only he would curtail the drinking.  Does he have an actual job?  Just because he has a trust fund doesn’t mean he has to be unproductive.  Even tho he did fall for Katherine, I don’t think his family would allow it under the circumstances.

I like him too. He owns one or two bars and flips houses. That's work in my book. 

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, gunderda said:

ok I stand corrected - I went back and watched the part of the episode again with Ashley and Shep and she definitely said "date me" and not "do me"  ha. 

Ha! If she said “date me” I’m sure she meant “do me.” It is Trashley after all. ?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lemur said:

Two things ...

1. Excellent Golden Age Simpsons reference on the make-up gun. 

2. Oh no.  She looked like some sort of reject from a community production of the Harry Potter play, that or the new Adjunct at Hogwarts teaching remedial potions.

JD showed up on screen and everyone in my house let out a groan.  "I thought I smelled some bullshit" was uttered aloud.

That, and if she hugs him he can clearly see that she hasn't been drinking or smoking weed.

I get the feeling that Shep enjoys his life immensely just as it is and has zero desire for a wife and a family.  He's quite pleased with his level of committedness, thank you very much.

My take on Ashley - she's the annoying jackass at the party who has to litigate things over and over and over again until you just admit that she's right to make her shut the fuck up.  As CHEL-SEAAA said on Hilton Head, she's exhausting.  

Some men just decide spur of the moment they're ready, propose to the woman they woke up to after the epiphany, and boom, down the aisle. It's not something he's going to plan or put a lot of forethought into. Meeting the right one will let him know he's ready and then he'll take this relationship business seriously and cultivate the relationship. Just my opinion.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

What?  The 4th is on Wednesday.

Because it’s in the middle of the week most of Bravo shows aren’t showing new eps: Potomac, Below Deck, RONY, and Southern Charm are all off.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Many shows are taking a one-week hiatus next week.  

Regarding Kathryn greeting/hugging TR ...

I could see where she might consider that a prudent move, as well as there being a natural amicable relationship taking place, as hard to believe as that is.  He's the father of her kids, and has a lot of power over her right now.  That should change going forward, but may as well keep the bread buttered.

• Love 6

Thomas did something to his face; his eyebrows were looking maniacal in his one on one with Patricia and then in his one on one with Ashley in the barn. Maybe he got some kind of eye lift and it hasn't settled. Anyway, he's been looking downright scary lately. But still not ready to "be put in the ground" as his father so lovingly speaks of his demise.

2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Do they think we are all living at the seaside away from our tellys?  Maybe Andy Cohen is, and he wants to watch the show when it airs too. So I guess I'll blame him, but it's really depressing to have to wait ... and why is their season so short? 

6 hours ago, missy jo said:

I like him too. He owns one or two bars and flips houses. That's work in my book. 

Yeah, I don't think Shep is idle. He has his finger in a few different pies but obviously can make his own schedule. That's a pretty ideal lifestyle, IMO. If I had the cash cushion he does I would flip too as I love crappy old houses with good bones. 

Ashley seems to be having verbal diarrhea to anyone who walks near her regarding her relationship with TRav. I pitied the poor unsuspecting party guest she seems to have lassoed in that overhead shot at the plantation.

I loved that the editors caught and included that moment with Shep calling out Craig for having no t-shirt/undershirt on under his sweater. It's all part of the chronicling of Craig's slow but sure slide into complete and total dishevelment this season. Looks like going to the ball with Craig sends Naomi spiraling back into her psycho mode next episode. Can't wait.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, AntAnn said:

Ha! If she said “date me” I’m sure she meant “do me.” It is Trashley after all. ?

Whether she said “date me” or “do me,” we all know the Ashley translation is “pay me.”

3 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Do they think we are all living at the seaside away from our tellys?  Maybe Andy Cohen is, and he wants to watch the show when it airs too. So I guess I'll blame him, but it's really depressing to have to wait ... and why is their season so short? 

Well, I will be at my beach house for the week, but I still have TV there!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Really enjoyed the Shep-and-Kathryn-eat-corndogs segment, a nice heartfelt few moments.

First Jimmy John's, then oysters...Now its about to be corn dogs. How's a girl to lose weight? 

I've always liked Shep. Even at his most cad-ish.  I so believe Cameran is his perfect girl. He's either hoping Dr. Wimberley falls off the side of a mountain, or he's holding out for a Cameran of his own. She'd whip him into shape.

• Love 5