Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Walking on Broken Glass

• Start Topic

The love triangle intensifies as Joao continues to send mixed messages to both Brooke and Kasey, which prompts them to confront him. A night out at a Michelin-starred restaurant inspires Adam to step up his culinary game for the rest of the season. Conrad's feelings for Hannah grow stronger while his relationship with Sandy continues to become more strained. Sandy dishes out high praise to Kasey much to the chagrin of Hannah. Meanwhile, the next charter guests send the stews into a frenzy.

Airs June 26, 2018.

• Love 1

What’s wrong with JWow tonight?  

How can any woman think he’s hot?  He’s a douche.

How can Kasey not know how to do laundry and iron?  I learned that stuff when I was seven.  Spoiled little princess, I can’t stand her.

Did JWow just throw a glass at Hannah?  What’s wrong with that boy?  Probably has a small penis.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
(edited)

Damn...Adam is a jerk.  If he cooked decently at least Hannah would have a chance to make the meal sound appetizing.  (Seriously he's concerned Hannah couldn't properly describe carrot cake? Lol)  

Edited by ezzy4
  • Love 13
(edited)

Please, someone,anyone kick the shit out of Joao please, he’s just asking for it.

Kasey needs to lay off the extensions, they do nothing for her.

Something is seriously wrong with Joao, when he was saying how every girlfriend he had cheated on him (wonder why...he’s such a prince....), he was smiling.  Who laughs when they’re talking about being cheated on?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 13

Did Kasey just say her last relationship was 8 years ago?  Yep...sounds about right.  She doesn't seem like someone who's ever experienced an adult relationship...or a real job...

She's not yet ready to adult...or iron..etc...lol.

• Love 16
(edited)

I don’t care what anyone says Hannah is a super bitch .... jwow is douchie but Hannah is a piece of shit .... all she wants to do is start shit and run her mouth and she’s got her lil puppy dog Conrad wrapped around her finger .... he’s such a pussy 

Edited by FrankieTankie
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Is it me or does Hannah's accent become more pronounced with each sip of the demon rum?  I kinardly understand her near the witching hour.

That and her lazy eye.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, FrankieTankie said:

I don’t care what anyone says Hannah is a super bitch .... jwow is douchie but Hannah is a piece of shit .... all she wants to do start shit and run her mouth and she’s got her lil puppy dog Conrad wrapped around her finger .... he’s such a pussy 

I'm not mad at Conrad, he's seeing her with his third eye.  I do like her less with each episode.  The perma sneer, the entitled attitude. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, FrankieTankie said:

I don’t care what anyone says Hannah is a super bitch .... jwow is douchie but Hannah is a piece of shit .... all she wants to do start shit and run her mouth and she’s got her lil puppy dog Conrad wrapped around her finger .... he’s such a pussy 

Hannah is a super bitch.  Always complaining about something.  If she hates the job, why doesn’t she just quit?  And bring Sandy with her.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Yeah, it’s fine for a man to throw a glass at a woman, but if a woman doesn’t kiss ass, she’s a bitch.  

Right.

Where did I stick up for Jwow ... I’m merely pointing out what a horrible person Hannah is .... are you not watching the same show as I ... you know the one where she told jwow she’s gonna make him her bitch or where she knocks the drink out of his hand or the time she talks shit behind a crew members back and the list can go on.... I clearly stated jwow is a douche but Hannah is just as bad probably even worse

• Love 9
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Hannah is a super bitch.  Always complaining about something.  If she hates the job, why doesn’t she just quit?  And bring Sandy with her.

Why is it that when a woman snarks,as we do, she’s a bitch?

I do agree that both Hannah and Sandy are over their jobs though.  Then again, many people are over their jobs and still go to work every day.

And I’m watching the same show you are FrankieTankie.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Why is it that when a woman snarks,as we do, she’s a bitch?

I do agree that both Hannah and Sandy are over their jobs though.  Then again, many people are over their jobs and still go to work every day.

And I’m watching the same show you are FrankieTankie.

So then if a guy is snarky back to her he’s a d bag or a dick ??!! 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, FrankieTankie said:

Lol I totally agree with you ... all I’m saying is that Hannah is his female equivalent 

Hannah's coming off as a bully even though the newbie lied on her CV! She's doing her best; why try to alienate her from the other crew by constantly ranting about her? Idiotic! ;-)

• Love 7

If gumballs the color of the rainbow are so damn important to you, why wouldn't you pack some in your luggage?  Gah.

Hannah continues to be an asshole.  Kasey at least is trying but Hannah just doesn't want to give her anything.  A tiny bit of appreciation or praise goes a long way.  Look how Hannah reacts if she doesn't get a pat on the back.  

Damn Hannah for making me take Joao's side with selfie-gate.  Brooke was passed out so no, you really shouldn't be taking pics of her.  And Hannah and Conrad really should go get a hotel room in between charters rather than sharing Hannah's bunk, which must be mortifying for Brooke.   

• Love 15

For what it is worth, there was something odd in the editing of the Hannah/Kasey discussion, following Captain Sandy''s little chat with Hannah. It just seemed odd she would go down and light into Kasey again, without any mention of her improving  after Sandy's chat.

On the other hand, Hannah does seems o get meaner and meaner with little provocation . Kate Chastain was always pretty consistent.

• Love 8

Yeah, this Chief Stew thing.  Hannah and Kate both act like they are the charter guests, not the top of the food chain serving the charter guests.  I didn't really get that vibe from Adrian nearly as much.

So far, Bravo hasn't really found a true leader bee in the form of a Chief Stew, imho.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Hannah is bitchy, but for me Adam takes the cake as being the biggest bitch on the boat.  It’s been commented on here that Adam’s food is far from being inspiring.  Hannah is not presenting his food as the waiter at the restaurant did, b/c your food doesn’t warrant much description.  Tonight he served a crispy fish (a/k/a fried) with mashed parsnips.   Yippee.  Ben’s food was five star good.  Adam’s food is Ruth Chris (which I like, but is not inspiring). 

And i seem to remember Hannah always describing the food and making it sound lovely in every season up to this one. 

Ha Ha Ha on Adam dictating he is not going to make anything that isn't on his little zero star menu.

• Love 18
(edited)

Re:  Kasey and Hannah.

I don’t get this bullying shit with Hannah.  Kasey doesn’t know how to iron or do laundry.  I mean what grown adult doesn’t know how to do laundry?  What’s wrong with her?  I’d be just as pissed as Hannah with someone like Kasey.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 22
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Re:  Kasey and Hannah.

I don’t get this bullying shit with Hannah.  Kasey doesn’t know how to iron or do laundry.  I mean what grown adult doesn’t know how to do laundry?  What’s wrong with her?  I’d be just as pissed as Hannah with someone like Kasey.

It's not being bossy and insulting the girl to her face, it becomes bullying to me when Hannah's going all over the ship badmouthing the girl! I'd be upset too when her true lack of experience came to light, but Sandy told her to make the best of it! "Train the girl and quit kvetchin' about it!" There's still no excuse for this behavior with Kasey or Adam! He's no day at the beach, but all Hannah's doing is wandering around with a dark cloud hanging over her! If Conrad was mooning over me, I'd be flattered and go with it! At the same time she's coming off quite negative and a "desperate cougar!" How does she fault Brooke for her drunkenness, when she's had her share of others having to take care of her; including ADAM! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 6
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Another round of obnoxious guests; demanding, impatient, and just plain b!tchy with "I hate white gumballs!" "B!tch please; get a fk'n life!" ;-)

Lets be fair here, white gumballs is like having no gum.  Now I would just bring a pack of gum on board (if I chewed gum), but white gumballs are someone's idea to have something less tacky looking for the décor.  Its like only putting out black and white jelly beans (that people discard because they only eat the fruit flavored ones) because they are having some kind of monochromatic themed party.

20 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Hannah is bitchy, but for me Adam takes the cake as being the biggest bitch on the boat.  It’s been commented on here that Adam’s food is far from being inspiring.  Hannah is not presenting his food as the waiter at the restaurant did, b/c your food doesn’t warrant much description.  

The restaurant isn't a fair comparison because they are serving a set menu that they have studied and presented a thousand times and likely only need to learn the specials which probably rotate and aren't new every night.

It was so bizarre that Adam reacted to that by dressing up for a meeting with Hannah and the others like he worked in a 5 star restaurant instead of a guy cooking out of the back of his van.

At first, I'm like ok he's embarrassed and decided to get serious about his job.  Doing a menu is great because that is a lot of the problem with Hannah's description of the food.  Adam isn't doing anything to prepare the staff on what they are serving until they are in the chaos of handing off plates for serving and not even then most of the time.

Then {facepalm} as Adam declares that Hannah's job is to get the guests to understand they get what is on the menu and nothing else and convince them that is what they want.  This is going to go the way of feeding onions to the primary, who hated onions , at every meal.  Only with yelling at Hannah about how her one job is to get the guest to like onions and any other stew could do it.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 18

I can’t  believe that Adam is a”chef” and has never had a Michelin 5 star meal. Shouldn’t that be a part of his education?  I think that the crew needs to stop getting so drunk when they go out. Hannah is way too old to be partying like that so frequently.  She becomes even bitchier than her natural personality. Brooke, getting sloppy drunk and begging for the attention of the nearest male is nearby is bordering on pathetic. So far Collin and Jamie are the only crew members who don’t annoy me. 

• Love 23
11 minutes ago, missyb said:

And i seem to remember Hannah always describing the food and making it sound lovely in every season up to this one. 

No, she's been pretty bad at this and even described Ben's moussaka and saganaki as ground beef with vegetables in a sauce and some sort of special cheese in the first episode of Below Deck: Med. It was made even worse because she sat down with Ben before dinner when he explained the dishes to her and Hannah took notes. He even asked her to type up a menu, but she never did. She's actually terrible at describing the dishes and it comes up several times a season.

• Love 10
(edited)
14 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

No, she's been pretty bad at this and even described Ben's moussaka and saganaki as ground beef with vegetables in a sauce and some sort of special cheese in the first episode of Below Deck: Med. It was made even worse because she sat down with Ben before dinner when he explained the dishes to her and Hannah took notes. He even asked her to type up a menu, but she never did. She's actually terrible at describing the dishes and it comes up several times a season.

With all her bluster, Hannah's lacking the sophistication she expects of her staff! She's coming off totally classless with her own drunken stupors and losing her $#!t when someone or something gets on her nerves; which is everything and everybody! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Something is seriously wrong with Joao, when he was saying how every girlfriend he had cheated on him (wonder why...he’s such a prince....), he was smiling.  Who laughs when they’re talking about being cheated on?

...and why was he lounging in bed with a snake?

I'm with Hannah, he does have crazy eyes. 

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

For the life of me I don’t get the attraction to Casey.  She comes off as incredibly entitled and slow.   Physically, I honestly think she is the least attractive girl on the boat.  

Hannah is bitchy, but for me Adam takes the cake as being the biggest bitch on the boat.  It’s been commented on here that Adam’s food is far from being inspiring.  Hannah is not presenting his food as the waiter at the restaurant did, b/c your food doesn’t warrant much description.  Tonight he served a crispy fish (a/k/a fried) with mashed parsnips.   Yippee.  Ben’s food was five star good.  Adam’s food is Ruth Chris (which I like, but is not inspiring). 

Sandy is is right there with Adam.  She is ridiculous with her favoritism, playing sides, and camera whoring.  I want a new captain, hell I’ll take a whole new cast next season.   

All I see Adam make is pasta, pasta and pasta in different forms, and sauce, sauce, and salads.  Mozzarella with balsamic all the time.  And those same cakes over and over.  The entrees and deserts are always the same.  More fish  dishes would be good and different kinds of meats.  He is not creative.

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

I can’t  believe that Adam is a”chef” and has never had a Michelin 5 star meal. Shouldn’t that be a part of his education?

No. Because many of these restaurants are expensive, have long waitlists, and can be in locations that he may not have to travel to. Plus he has to work. The vast majority of the chefs in New York have never eaten a meal at a Michelin starred restaurant and New York has a lot of Michelin restaurants. I think that's too much to expect of Adam let alone any chef. And I don't even like Adam.

I'd hazard a guess that fewer than a third of the contestants on Top Chef have experience cooking at a Michelin starred restaurant and they are literally some of the best chefs in the country.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11
33 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

For the life of me I don’t get the attraction to Casey.  She comes off as incredibly entitled and slow.   Physically, I honestly think she is the least attractive girl on the boat.  

Sandy is is right there with Adam.  She is ridiculous with her favoritism, playing sides, and camera whoring.  I want a new captain, hell I’ll take a whole new cast next season.   

And his damn caprese salad every.single.time. How many ways can someone say mozzarella, tomato & basil?? Arg!

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

No. Because many of these restaurants are expensive, have long waitlists, and can be in locations that he may not have to travel to. Plus he has to work. The vast majority of the chefs in New York have never eaten a meal at a Michelin starred restaurant and New York has a lot of Michelin restaurants.

Michelin ratings for restaurants only go up to 3, and that is rare. I think there are far less than 100 woldwide. Le Bernadin, French Laundry and Per Se all have three. It’s pretty special to even end up eating at a 1 Michelin star establishment. I was surprised to see that group go to a place like that, and glad to see Adam somewhat humbled by the experience.

I did snort, however,  when he complained that Hannah’s descriptions were not on par with what the waiters were doing at the restaurant. Mr. Chef Chez Applebee’s lacks some serious self awareness about how far out of his own league he was eating.

Sauteed white fish as a paragon of creativity and inspiration....try Tuesday night after work. SMH.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Fiero425 said:

Another round of obnoxious guests; demanding, impatient, and just plain b!tchy with "I hate white gumballs!" "B!tch please; get a fk'n life!" ;-)

And....how many friggin' gumballs can you "eat"????  They're gum, for God's sake-your not supposed to eat gum!  Does she just spit them out after they lose their flavor?  Where does this princess deposit her chewed up gum?  No wonder she looks so thin (except her overly enhanced boobs).

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

I can’t  believe that Adam is a”chef” and has never had a Michelin 5 star meal. Shouldn’t that be a part of his education?  I think that the crew needs to stop getting so drunk when they go out. Hannah is way too old to be partying like that so frequently.  She becomes even bitchier than her natural personality. Brooke, getting sloppy drunk and begging for the attention of the nearest male is nearby is bordering on pathetic. So far Collin and Jamie are the only crew members who don’t annoy me. 

These ratings are confusing...Michelin actually only gives up to 3 stars and only fairly recently (historically speaking) does any ratings in the US (and only in NYC).

Forbes is a US rating service and they give up to 5 stars.

Honestly, going to a Michelin starred restaurant is a huge deal.  

Adam doesn't seem like an upscale chef AT ALL to me.  I suspect his ONLY chance at dining at a Mitchelin starred restaurant was if it was booked and paid for by Bravo.

Plus the culinary field is notoriously one that underpays.  Many, many culinary trained chefs have not eaten at a Michelin starred facility.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

These ratings are confusing...Michelin actually only gives up to 3 stars and only fairly recently (historically speaking) does any ratings in the US (and only in NYC).

Forbes is a US rating service and they give up to 5 stars.

Honestly, going to a Michelin starred restaurant is a huge deal.  

Adam doesn't seem like an upscale chef AT ALL to me.  I suspect his ONLY chance at dining at a Mitchelin starred restaurant was if it was booked and paid for by Bravo.

Plus the culinary field is notoriously one that underpays.  Many, many culinary trained chefs have not eaten at a Michelin starred facility.

Alinea in Chicago has 3. French Laundry in Yountville, CA has 3 as does Manresa in Santa Clara. But the bulk of the starred (3 or otherwise) restaurants in the US are in New York.

I think half the reason chefs like competing on Top Chef is that it gives them an opportunity to eat food cooked by some of the best chefs in the country. However, Adam's food is merely serviceable.

• Love 5

Adam is a whiny boring cook.  And he blames Hannah for everything. I can not stand him. Bring back Ben. He may have been a snob but he can cook and was much more interesting.

Joao is a disgusting psycho pig. I want to smack that grin right off his smug face. The fact that these 2 women are smitten with him is baffling. Well, not really. Casey is not too bright and the other one is on the rebound.

Captain Sandy plays favorites and imo her problem with Hannah and Conrad is called jealousy. She needs to get laid. Now.

but I love this show! That's all.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, FrankieTankie said:

I don’t care what anyone says Hannah is a super bitch .... jwow is douchie but Hannah is a piece of shit .... all she wants to do is start shit and run her mouth and she’s got her lil puppy dog Conrad wrapped around her finger .... he’s such a pussy 

I agree.  She's bitchy and immature, and her overblown sense of entitlement and superiority wore thin for me a long time ago.  She stirs the pot and then denies it.  Over and over.  Total bitch and very unprofessional in many ways.  I haven't loved any of the Chief Stews, but she is by far, IMO, the worst.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

And....how many friggin' gumballs can you "eat"????  They're gum, for God's sake-your not supposed to eat gum! 

This made me laugh so hard.  When I was 7 years old I would swallow my gum after it had lost it's flavor.  My Grampie caught me doing this and he told me that chewing gum stays in your stomach for the rest of your life and if I kept eating it the gum would sit in my belly and make a giant gumball that would make it so I would not be able to eat or drink ever again.  I would have to go to the hospital and let the doctors operated on me.  :)  Not to be out done my grandma chimed in and told me that if I did not have clean underwear on the doctor would not operate on me and I would die.  I never swallowed my gum again.  I believed my grampie's warning until I was 25 and I always put clean underwear on every single day.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Alinea in Chicago has 3. French Laundry in Yountville, CA has 3 as does Manresa in Santa Clara. But the bulk of the starred (3 or otherwise) restaurants in the US are in New York.

I think half the reason chefs like competing on Top Chef is that it gives them an opportunity to eat food cooked by some of the best chefs in the country. However, Adam's food is merely serviceable.

California now has 7 Benu, Coi,Quince, Saison in San Fransisco. The restaurant at  Measdowood French Laundry i n wine country and Manresa in Los Gatos 

• Love 2

I think I just read a tweet about how yacht chefs have to pump out 300 plates a day....which I think would be awful for the chef who wants to put every last detail into his dishes.  Adam is not one of those chefs and he acknowledged having lied on past resumes.  I’d be interested in learning what he lied about.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Yeah, it’s fine for a man to throw a glass at a woman, but if a woman doesn’t kiss ass, she’s a bitch.  

Right.

No one threw a glass.  He squeezed the glass too hard and it broke.  Hannah is a bitch because she's a bitch, she could kiss ass and still be a bitch.  Joao sucking doesn't mean Hannah can't suck too.  

Hannah is also a shit talker and a bad manager, but that's not news, it's been that way since her first episode.

• Love 15