Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Congregation / S03.E13: Abaddon's Gate

raven
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

I still had a soft spot for Diogo. He reminded me of a lot of the boys I grew up with. He wasn't so much born bad he just never had a chance to be good.

I think Diogo kept being given responsibilities he wasn't ready for.  Ashford chews him out a couple of times and headlocks him once for not doing what/being where he was supposed to.   That's a failure of leadership.

I don't think Diogo is evil either.  There is this though, heh:

9 hours ago, ursula said:

His shitty little smirk just begs someone to knock it off. 

I think Diogo would have benefited from being mentored by someone; maybe even Miller.  Who knows, maybe the Martian power armor saved him and we'll see him again.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, raven said:

I think Diogo kept being given responsibilities he wasn't ready for.  Ashford chews him out a couple of times and headlocks him once for not doing what/being where he was supposed to.   That's a failure of leadership.

I think this is one of the unspoken realities of Belter life. You get given a lot of responsibility at a young age because people who aren't responsible aren't any use, and the Belt has no room for useless people. Even those daredevil racing pilots we've seen have to know what they're doing, plotting courses and maintaining their ships, because if they get it even slightly wrong, they're dead. And sometimes, they're dead anyway.

With Diogo, we haven't seen that he had much in the way of technical know-how, so he made himself useful by being loyal and carrying out the instructions that Dawes and then Ashford gave him, unquestioningly.

And, to go back to someone commenting that Naomi seems too good at her job, I think that's another reality of Belter life. If you aren't good at your job, then you probably don't live long enough to be much older than Diogo.  They're living in the most dangerous environment possible, a place where it's literally impossible to survive if something goes wrong, so you have to have a solution to every eventuality you can imagine.

Necessity is the mother of invention, and I think that's a perfectly acceptable explanation for why Naomi is so good at solving any engineering problem she comes across.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, WatchrTina said:

This is fun.  It's a behind-the-scenes video made by Cas Anvar on the last, very long day of filming the finale episodes.

The Reddit fans really started everything with the Save the Expanse campaign and Cas Anvar pulled everyone together when he got involved.  He's been really great with fan outreach.

Cara Gee is too cute for words.  It's great how she transforms to tough and scary Drummer.

• Love 3
(edited)

There is a certain continuity in genre science fiction/fantasy -- the idea that m/patriarchs are powerfully driven by the death of a child.  I remember that wonderful scene with Theoden and Gandalf as Theoden is mourning his son's death.  "No parent," he says, "should endure the death of his child."  (I paraphrase.)  So, that Ashford and Dawes are motivated by the untimely deaths of young people related to them (Ashford's child, Dawes' sister at his own hands) is entirely in accordance with the trend.  It's a powerful and highly credible force to drive a plotline, I think.

Edited by Captanne
TheodEn not TheodIn. Pardon moi.
  • Love 2
On 6/28/2018 at 10:43 PM, Holmbo said:

So you think she'd abandon her wife and child and her work with the clinic permanently? One trip is one thing but a second one, that's basically saying good bye to her old life. It's similar to what Alex did but for him it was a gradual thing. It's not like he went from one day to another just switched career to piloting and was of. 

Frontiers always need pastors. And pastor's wives too, if Nono is willing. I think these last few episodes were good evidence for exactly how much the uncertain world(s) they're entering will be a place where people need the grounding that Anna has to offer.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/29/2018 at 1:35 PM, thuganomics85 said:

I would be down with that, but my first thought was that it would probably end with Drummer just kicking Holden out of the bed, and having Naomi all to herself.

Naomi would throw down before she let that happen though. She wants Holden and she's not Camina's bitch to order around and "take" from Holden and Camina wouldn't want her to be. It's possible for Naomi to have two partners in a poly relationship without them being in a relationship with each other. It's called a "V" relationship.

Edited by mswyrr
  • Love 1

I think this season was  a case where another hour among the different episodes would have been about perfect. The problem is, when you're confined to 42 to 44 minutes per episode, adding another episode wouldn't have worked, (the episode breaks worked organically, and some episodes might not have needed more time, but others might have needed another 10 minutes to flesh things out (and still be tight). 

The good news, only more secondary characters didn't get fleshed out as well as they could have been. I'm thinking specifically of Monica (the reporter IIRC) and Melba/Clarissa. The reporter got sent off the Roci and literally not a peep about her. Maybe it was for the best, but it still felt kinda ex machina thingy when she popped back up. Clarissa seemed to go from spoiled rich kid with shitty parents to some super soldier with implants on a space ship and hiring reporters to sabotage the Roci. How in the world?!

I also think they stretched a bit on her change to the good side. If anything, I would have thought she would devolve into self loathing before coming to any epiphanies. But YMMV.

Really those my only quibbles and maybe it's because I'm a member of team Clarissa or something. I'm reminded of the Stephen R Donaldson's "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" when I think about Clarissa's Character, but books can always show internal struggle better than a TV series (and I eat storylines like that up lol).

Yay Season 4, Yay more Miller... I presume.

• Love 2

I also wanted to add how much I liked that they didn't turn Ashford into a mustache twirling villain. It was really enjoyable to see a season where the only "bad guy" was fear (and hate). And how that fear (and hate) can cloud judgement.

Then again, as it has been pointed out repeatedly, Ashford wasn't making an irrational choice, he was operating under limited information, the station is a threat to humanity, we might be able to save humanity if we destroy the ring, and powering down means if the station is going to destroy humanity, then we are ensuring we cannot stop it. Thinking an alien machine will stop itself when humanity tends to react with threats with violence, and the machine had already demonstrated that it seemed to react "offensively" to threats, can easily seem to be unlikely. 

I love love shows that aren't black and white on morality, and The Expanse did a fantastic job of keeping things shades of grey.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, bloodstar said:

I love love shows that aren't black and white on morality, and The Expanse did a fantastic job of keeping things shades of grey.

One of the biggest scenes in season 2 was when Dawes and Johnson parted ways. Dawes's reason for doing it was because Johnson had with-held the information he had from the Eros scientists from Dawes/the rest of the OPA outside his inner circle. In Dawes's opinion, Johnson was self-appointing himself as the sole custodian to this information, and this was the "Earther" in him, the "benevolent coloniser", so to speak.  So as brutal as his methods are, Dawes's argument was reasonable.

I think this is one of the show's greatest strengths. I mean even Mao got a moment of humanity when he bonded with Mei Meng. Errinwright might be the only "Evil" villain in this story - but don't forget that he drew a line at gravity torturing belters that Avasarala had no problems crossing. 

• Love 2

Does anyone know what the Hebrew on Amos' arm says?

On 6/28/2018 at 8:23 AM, CheetaraThunder said:

I mean not wrong on either posts...all about equal opportunity nakedness....

Equal opportunity would have to include at least two of Naomi, Drummer or Bobbi (I almost typed "Boobi"!).  I'd take any two!

(edited)
On 6/30/2018 at 11:29 PM, JZL said:

Two points about their list -- okay three.  First, LOLOLOLOLOLOL.  Seriously.  My sides hurt.  Second, Ashford looked around to see if anyone was going to attack him for what he'd done.  Not to see whether there were witnesses.  Of course there were.  [confused by joke], and Third, Naked men are great.  They are.  I love them.  That said, I would much rather applaud the work Amos has put into his physique rather than Holden.  (See my comment above about my Amos-love.)  I mean, Holden is sorta milquetoast, am I right?  Don't judge me.  To each their own.

Edited by Captanne
Amos.  Yep.  'Nuf said.
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, bloodstar said:

Really those my only quibbles and maybe it's because I'm a member of team Clarissa or something. I'm reminded of the Stephen R Donaldson's "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" when I think about Clarissa's Character, but books can always show internal struggle better than a TV series (and I eat storylines like that up lol).

Wow, I haven't thought about Donaldson's books in forever. His was the first "adult" fantasy trilogy I read (I got partially through another, I think, and gave up because the woman who was the protagonist just pissed me off most of the time.)

1 hour ago, Captanne said:

Two points about their list -- okay three.  First, LOLOLOLOLOLOL.  Seriously.  My sides hurt.  Second, Ashford looked around to see if anyone was going to attack him for what he'd done.  Not to see whether there were witnesses.  Of course there were.  [confused by joke], and Third, Naked men are great.  They are.  I love them.  That said, I would much rather applaud the work Amos has put into his physique rather than Holden.  (See my comment above about my Amos-love.)  I mean, Holden is sorta milquetoast, am I right?  Don't judge me.  To each their own.

Same here. I had the same reaction to the Ashford quip, and quibbled about some of the other jokes, but they were fun.

And yes, I am more interested in Amos than Holden - which is baffling because IRL I much more prefer a swimmer's physique, and don't much care for the beefed up guys. So it must just be that I love Amos in general.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 1
On 29.6.2018 at 7:43 AM, Holmbo said:

So you think she'd abandon her wife and child and her work with the clinic permanently? One trip is one thing but a second one, that's basically saying good bye to her old life. It's similar to what Alex did but for him it was a gradual thing. It's not like he went from one day to another just switched career to piloting and was of. 

What is "permanent"? But yes, I think she will stay out there for a few years and only occasionally visit home. She'll justify it to herself somehow. It will always be "just one more trip" after which she will surely "stay home and be there for her family and clinic".

• Love 1
23 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

This is fun.  It's a behind-the-scenes video made by Cas Anvar on the last, very long day of filming the finale episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sFQkNiuBGg&t=24s

This entire cast is just made up of lovely people, by the looks of it. I really liked the energy of Elizabeth Mitchell and Cara Gee, in particular. You can see that those two women light up any room they're in.

It's great that Cas Anvar has appointed himself as social media director for the show.

I find the practicalities of set design so fascinating. The tricks they can pull to create such immersive spaces, pull away walls, all that stuff. So seeing the Roci in its component parts here was really interesting.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, bloodstar said:

I think this season was  a case where another hour among the different episodes would have been about perfect. The problem is, when you're confined to 42 to 44 minutes per episode, adding another episode wouldn't have worked, (the episode breaks worked organically, and some episodes might not have needed more time, but others might have needed another 10 minutes to flesh things out (and still be tight). 

The good news, only more secondary characters didn't get fleshed out as well as they could have been. I'm thinking specifically of Monica (the reporter IIRC) and Melba/Clarissa. The reporter got sent off the Roci and literally not a peep about her. Maybe it was for the best, but it still felt kinda ex machina thingy when she popped back up. Clarissa seemed to go from spoiled rich kid with shitty parents to some super soldier with implants on a space ship and hiring reporters to sabotage the Roci. How in the world?!

I also think they stretched a bit on her change to the good side. If anything, I would have thought she would devolve into self loathing before coming to any epiphanies. But YMMV.

Yay Season 4, Yay more Miller... I presume.

I'm just glad we got what we got and are going to get more.  Can you imagine how much rage and frustration would be filling this forum if this had been the last episode of the series?

Once Monica left the Roci, she was kind of irrelevant to the Roci.  Alex, Amos and Holden hoped she'd help clear their names enough so they wouldn't be arrested, but beyond that, she didn't matter at that point.

As for Clarissa, she was rich and spoiled (though still emotionally neglected).  She could easily have gotten the implant before her assets were frozen.  Consider that as the daughter of an extremely wealthy, influential person, Clarissa would have been a potential kidnap target.  Something like that implant would be an excellent self-defense method.  She also likely went to some very good schools to learn mechanical and electrical engineering along with party planning.  Given her father's shady dealings, she probably absorbed some bit of streetwise.  And even with her assets frozen, Clarissa probably had some jewelry/cash etc to let her hire somebody to hire the reporter.

Finally, think about Paris and Nicky Hilton.  Even now, there's a decent chance you might recognize Paris Hilton.  She was almost inescapable 10-15 years ago with The Simple Life and her other assorted crimes against good judgement and good taste.  You probably wouldn't necessarily be able to spot Nicky Hilton Rothschild, her younger sister, unless you were just really into tabloids in general and the Hiltons in particular.  Julie Mao was a racer, likely outspoken about Belter rights and seemed to be the "Bad Girl" of the Mao family.  Even with that, Julie was able to travel somewhat under the radar doing stuff for Anderson Dawes.  Figure Clarissa was the "Good Girl" who stayed out of trouble (and the tabloids).  You'd know Clarissa if you moved in her (rich, elite) social circle like Tilly Fagan, but probably not otherwise.  Especially not in a very different context than her usual - like that of a civilian contract maintenance worker on a UN starship.

Sort of like you wouldn't be likely to recognize Nicky Hilton if she was dressed as a maid and pushing a cart around a Hampton Inn.  I mean, there's a reason that Undercover Boss works as it does. 

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2
On 6/29/2018 at 1:38 PM, johntfs said:

Figure everybody's going to get a generalized "what happened in the Ring stays in the Ring" pass/pardon.  The survival of humanity was on the line and extreme actions are understandable in extreme situations.

I think she will.  I think that's part of what the drinks at the end signaled.  If Ashford had really been the ambitious asshole she thought he was she never would have lived to get to Medbay.  While they were on opposite sides with the Ring, Drummer gets that Ashford's intentions were honorable, if incorrect.  I mean, on the face of it, Ashford has the more credible case.  Drummer's response to "Why did you do this?" kind of boils down to "Naomi's boyfriend, the guy who talks to dead people that no one else can see or hear, told us that his maybe imaginary friend told him that's what we had to do." 

I do think there is a better way for Holden to explain Miller. I mean, WE all know the protomolecule created a hologram of Miller that could talk directly to Holden. Holden should have understood that as well. I kept waiting for him to say, "The protomolecule talked to me through a hologram of Miller. I know Miller's dead, but that's the way they were able to talk to me, by projecting Miller's voice and image. Somehow it's fed directly into my mind, which is why no one else can see or hear him. But he kept me alive and got me inside the station."

To me, that would have gone a long way at settling the sanity issue, instead of saying, "The dead cop Miller is telling me things."

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, CigarDoug said:

Holden should have understood that as well.

How? I think Holden experienced Miller as some people with chemical brain imbalances experience hallucinations: to him, it was real, that is why he could see Miller.  People who are hallucinating don't know they are hallucinating. Holden thought he was going crazy because he could see and hear Miller while other crew members couldn't.  The most he could have said is "I'm hallucinating" and then everyone agrees with him that he is going crazy! he, he, he! 

Edited by WearyTraveler
10 minutes ago, WearyTraveler said:

How? I think Holden experienced Miller as some people with chemical brain imbalances experienced hallucinations: to him, it was real, that is why he could see Miller.  People who are hallucinating don't know they are hallucinating. Holden thought he was going crazy because he could see and hear Miller while other crew members couldn't.  The most he could have said is "I'm hallucinating" and then everyone agrees with him that he is going crazy! he, he, he! 

There's a very popular Harry Potter fanfiction story called Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.  The idea is that instead of being raised by the Dursleys, HP was raised in a fairly loving home by Petunia and her scientist husband.  So, HP is a bit like a wizard Sherlock Holmes using rational methodology and debate to cut off at the knees those who oppose him.  It's presumably pretty fun except that it kind of requires Harry Potter to act like a 45 year old scientist-philosopher instead of the 12 year old boy he actually is.

While he likely has some technical know-how, James Holden isn't a scientist or psychologist.  He's also just been through some pretty traumatic shit.  So, making the mental leap to expressing what happened to him in rational, scientific terms is understandably beyond him at this moment.

• Love 1

So, I’ve been pretty much watching these two episodes continuously since broadcast, and one of my favorite parts is when the standoff between the Marines and Alex and Amos ends and Bobbie is limping down the corridor, looking back slightly, and wistfully says, “Fuck.” 

Frankie’s tone and delivery are perfect. 

• Love 7
On 7/1/2018 at 8:15 AM, raven said:

I get the feeling that Diogo was someone who was kind of attached to the mission by Dawes.  He likely saw himself as supposed to be a thug/cheerleader there to support Ashford however necessary.  Ashford told him to be in charge of the security for the emergency supplies.  To Diogo that meant carrying a gun, strutting around and trying to pick up cute girls.  Unfortunately, Ashford wanted him to make sure the fucking supplies were secure.  So Diogo got a headlock, ass-chewing and the possible chance to do a spacewalk sans a suit.

Of course, after that humiliation, when Ashford told him to go after Drummer, Naomi and Holden, Diogo was viciously determined to take them out to make up for his failure from before.

(edited)

So  I started watching this show (from the beginning) last week, and it is probably one of the best shows I watch (although it took a few episodes to get into it). The characters are great, it's well written and it looks incredible. I'm very impressed. The only character I'm not that mad about is Naomi and wasn't that mad about Miller.

Chrisjen though is incredible. The woman is a bloody dragon! A bit disappointed she was barely involved in the final half of Season Three (especially as she started sharing scenes with most of the main cast), but hopefully she is in it more next season.

Edited by Quark
  • Love 4

Holden should have understood that as well.

On 7/2/2018 at 4:11 PM, WearyTraveler said:

How? I think Holden experienced Miller as some people with chemical brain imbalances experience hallucinations: to him, it was real, that is why he could see Miller.  People who are hallucinating don't know they are hallucinating. Holden thought he was going crazy because he could see and hear Miller while other crew members couldn't.  The most he could have said is "I'm hallucinating" and then everyone agrees with him that he is going crazy! he, he, he! 

I'm not saying when Miller first appears to him. But at the point Holden is being interrogated, he knows that Proto!Miller is not really Miller. He knows what a hologram is, they are commonplace (even in our time, they are commonplace). He has spent a lot of time talking to Proto!Miller, how he was killed and recreated over and over again, how he is speaking for the Protomolecule, but using terms from Miller's memory ("Doors and corners, doors and corners") to communicate what he is trying to say. He asks Proto!Miller to explain what he is, and gets a bunch of technobabble in response. He knows he is not hallucinating, because Proto!Miller got him safely to the station, got him to complete the connection, and enabled him to see what he saw. He may not be able to explain HOW Proto!Miller works, but he should be able to communicate in terms other people would understand.

If I were in his shoes, I could certainly articulate what I was seeing. I don't think you give Holden enough credit.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, CigarDoug said:

If I were in his shoes, I could certainly articulate what I was seeing. I don't think you give Holden enough credit.

I thought he did a good job explaining it.  Whatever he said was still going to require a leap of faith from the listener. So, he went for the fastest way to get to that: "I don't know how, I don't know why, but I see Miller, I hear him, he tells me things, he got me to the station and out safely, I believe it's telling the true, please trust me that this is what we need to do".

All completely true, supported by a positive result, and asking for what he wants.  Honest, smart and efficient, IMO.  Can't ask for more from the leader of our little band.

(edited)
4 hours ago, CigarDoug said:

Really?  You think after an alien civilization took a gigantic info-shit into your brain you'd be articulate?  Because I think I'd be drooling on the floor.  I'm amazed that Holden was able to get across as much as he was after going through all that.  I seriously doubt I'd be able to do as well as he did.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, johntfs said:

Really?  You think after an alien civilization took a gigantic info-shit into your brain you'd be articulate?  Because I think I'd be drooling on the floor.  I'm amazed that Holden was able to get across as much as he was after going through all that.  I seriously doubt I'd be able to do as well as he did.

Well, that's a completely different point. He was basically catatonic for a time, so, yeah, he was affected by it. We don't know how much time passed between when Holden got the brain dump and met up again with Naomi. He was interrogated by both the Martians and the Belters. Obviously he was able to speak again. The original question was whether Holden could articulate why he said he was talking to Miller, when everyone knows Miller is dead, and Holden is the only one talking to him.

I understand for the sake of drama (or formulaic sitcoms) you have to have a misunderstanding. One character knows something the audience knows, and is unable to articulate that to one or more other characters, and hilarity ensues when one sentence from the first character would end the misunderstanding. Hell, I just wrote the script for 99% of the episodes of "Three's Company". The tension in a drama is watching the fallout of the misunderstanding, until the first character finally gets someone to believe him, or other events overshadow. I get it.

Another element of dramatic tension is we the audience see things that the characters do not, like who the murderer is, and then we see our favorite character placed in harm's way when they are alone with the murderer. When done right, it works well. We the audience learn all the things the protomolecule can do, and see the characters gradually put it all together.

But all Holden had to say to Amos, to Alex, to whomever, was that the protomolecule was talking to him through a projection of Miller. I realize he was stressed out, I cut him some slack. But the conversation could have gone like this:

Holden: "It's Miller. I'm talking to Miller."

Alex: "Miller? Miller's dead, man."

Holden: "You think I don't know that? I know it's not Miller, it can't BE Miller, but the way it talks, the way it pops in and out. It knows things about the protomolecule, about the ring. I think it's some kind of hologram or projection, like the protomolecule is talking to me directly through my brain, that's why I'm the only only who can see it. I can't explain it. Miller call himself a tool, he's a tool that finds things, I'm a tool that goes places. I think the protomolecule needs me for something, that's why it's using the image of Miller to talk to me. It's crazy... but I'm not."

• Love 1
14 hours ago, CigarDoug said:

But all Holden had to say to Amos, to Alex, to whomever, was that the protomolecule was talking to him through a projection of Miller.

What differen ce would this have made?

• Love 1

Great 2 part season finale, and again, so glad Amazon picked this up.  

Little shit got smashed (hopefully for good), and Drummer lived.  I could have been happy with Melba/Clarissa dieing, she still has a  lot to answer for, though I could see some mitigation.  Bobby is now with the Roci, it appears full time, so that's a good development.

Plenty of room for the Belters and the OPA to expand, separately if they want, not to mention the mormons.  And Mars can go on their own way too. Plenty for all, for a time at least.  

Was glad that Anna had a real use and wasn't just a 'thoughts and prayers' pastor.  Chuckled over how Amos bonded with her.

• Love 1

After "The Terror" (I hope, hope, hope he gets an Emmy nod), here's a toast to seeing more Jared Harris as Anderson Dawes.  We didn't see enough of him by the end of this season (or at all?)  

With Amazon backing, they should be able to afford him.  ;-)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Captanne said:

After "The Terror" (I hope, hope, hope he gets an Emmy nod), here's a toast to seeing more Jared Harris as Anderson Dawes.  We didn't see enough of him by the end of this season (or at all?)  

With Amazon backing, they should be able to afford him.  ;-)

I hope we get Dawes, Johnsson, Drummer and Ashford in a scene ?

• Love 3

I just binge watched all 3 seasons, and I have one thing to say: why did Clarissa live? *smh*

Also - I'm SO glad Bobbie survived. She is one of my absolute favorites on this show, along with Naomi and Chrisjen.

Super glad this is getting another season.

• Love 3
On 9/18/2018 at 7:27 AM, Tyro49 said:

A serious question, as I don't have a "smart" TV - How long does it take for an Amazon program, after streaming, to make it to DVD? Anybody know?

Good question. I have no idea. I have a smart tv, but I don't subscribe to all the streaming services. It didn't occur to me to look for DVDs of the programs I miss. I just game the free week offers for certain shows.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Just finished season 3 for the second time, and I have a random question: did Chris' Owens' scientist character survive? I liked him.

I don't think it was confirmed either way but I'm going with he did 🙂

• Love 1
17 hours ago, raven said:

I don't think it was confirmed either way but I'm going with he did 🙂

Given that he had a decent role in those two episodes, figure if he'd died we'd have seen it onscreen or at least heard about it from another character so I think we can take it on faith that he lived.

• Love 2

Drummer lives!

I never liked Diogo so I didn't shed a tear when he got mowed down by that elevator.

I became a big fan of Ashford, and didn't want him to devolve into this villain character.  I hope he grows from this experience next season.

I'm so glad I picked up this show.  My only concern is that I always enjoy this show the most when it's about the conflict between Earth, Mars, and the Belt.  I would have been perfectly happy if they never introduced an alien presence. (I didn't read the books) When aliens become involved, you might start moving from sci fi into space opera, and this show presents the aliens in a very operatic, 2001 A Space Odyssey kind of way.

Only six weeks to a new season, yay!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

Only six weeks to a new season, yay!

I'm so ready for Season 4!!!  I've always watched the show before reading each book, but I couldn't wait.  I'm about half-way through reading Cibola Burn.  Hope I don't spoil myself too much, but it's been such a long wait this time!

15 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I'm so ready for Season 4!!!  I've always watched the show before reading each book, but I couldn't wait.  I'm about half-way through reading Cibola Burn.  Hope I don't spoil myself too much, but it's been such a long wait this time!

I almost started Cibola Burn, but I decided to wait, so I re-read Caliban's War instead, and rewatched the last season. Now I'm primed. 🙂

• Love 1
On 6/28/2018 at 1:23 PM, spritz said:

I found it annoying at first, but Drummer's and Ashford's accents kind of grew on me. Some of the lingo that the Belters use, like Bossman, is amusing. 

I live and work in the American South.  I occasionally get people referring to me as "boss" or "bossman" (and they're customer who do not work for me).  The overall feeling is that I'm some kind of B-movie prison guard.  So I occasionally have to quash the temptation to respond to them with "Sho 'nough, CON-vict."

• LOL 2