Type keyword(s) to search

The Proposal - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I wasn't surprised that the doctor picked the thinnest women because just from what I could see behind that screen, he looked pretty thin himself.  Turns out he's a small guy.  A few of those women were, frankly, too big for him.   I thought his sister was pretty attractive, so I could see him wanting someone attractive as well.  So, I see nothing wrong with being physically attracted to a certain type, if that's what floats your boat.  

I don't believe any of these will work either, but if that's the case, it won't be any worse than the odds of the Bachelor/Bachelorette or Married at First Sight relationships working out.

On the Bachelor and Bachelorette, they get to know the contenstants over weeks or months and so do the viewers. We get to pick our favorites and guess which ones the lead will pick. On this show, we don't get to know anyone, so the only thing to pay attention to is the answers to the questions so we can guess how the answers affect the choosing process. If we know who will be picked the second the women come out, there is no point in listening to any of the question rounds or even watching at all.

Not everyone likes or is attracted to the same thing. Some people also choose who they want to marry based on common values and personality as well as looks. Obviously this is not the show for that, but I don't think any of these people are serious about marriage if they only care about looks. 

(edited)

I'm not saying people shouldn't marry based on common values and personality, but I also think that being physically attracted to someone is important to some of us as well.  I think the "choosers" on this show start with physical attraction, and then get to know the person.  The "proposal" part is no guarantee that they'll marry, and everyone knows that.  

YMMV, but I still think all of these "relationship reality" shows are a joke, I don't care how many weeks they have to get to "know" each other.  I watch for the fun and the snark.

Actually, this discussion is kind of a moot point because it seems as if nobody is watching but us anyway, lol.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2
On 6/24/2018 at 12:46 AM, Boofish said:

I took one for the team. Came directly here and saw no forum for it and thought "so I'm not crazy, it was that bad"

How can I say this without being offensive .. I guess I can't. By the look of the contestants (the man and the women) no one who wants to be on the Bachelor thought this was a good idea and they were stuck with a room full of "she doesn't look THAT bad." When Jesse told one contestant she "had nothing to be ashamed of" I yelled "DUDE where do I start?" This show made ARE YOU HOT? look like Shakespeare in the park. I live near train tracks and a wreck stopped right in front my bay window to watch.

I agree! In episode 1, it was pretty clear who he'd choose as the women were all being introduced. I narrowed it down the one that was chosen, and the white dress girl, without minutes of the show. 

I remember watching Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire. It was a huge flop, but it gave them an idea for The Bachelor. You would have thought that they'd have learned something the first time around..

On 7/6/2018 at 6:25 AM, LennieBriscoe said:

Jesse Palmer, I'd like you to meet the shark your career is in the process of jumping.

I'm still in awe of Roller Derby's not falling!

For me it jumped when he was the one looking for "love" on The Bachelor. 

• Love 2

I remember watching Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire. It was a huge flop,

Not rating wise. In that regard it was a huge success. 

The backlash, however, was brutal. And the controversies, mostly inspired by the nuptial couple (Rick Rockwell and Darva Conger), were plenty. Any hopes that there might be further editions were quickly dashed. 

• Love 1
On 6/24/2018 at 5:01 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Then when they announced the winner, #2 just had to stand there watching the two lovebirds hug and kiss and declare their love, until at some point the camera showed her just walking away. 

Awful.  Just awful.

This and the "nothing to be ashamed of" line, along with the "bare their souls and everything else" swimsuit competition and the "deal-breaker question" segment where they can even ask about <gasp> SEX <gasp> are the cringe-worthiest of all the cringe-worthy parts of this show. But, I watch -- in amazement, true -- but I watch.

• Love 3

This show is really bad, and it is so creepy how they hang out behind a screen, and these people are really vying for the love of some person they don't even know (and can't see).  Seriously?  You would be so desperate that you would hope to marry some hidden person?  I was watching it for a while too, and I have no idea why, but I had to stop.  It is seriously bad tv.

• Love 1

Welp.  That was a lackluster season finale.  For some reason, I didn't like the woman and I wasn't even interested enough to see which guy she chose.  I think she thought the man bun guy was hot, but I'm guessing she chose the other guy.

I think the season finale was actually the 2nd episode they had to cut when allegations came out against the one guy. They pretty much digitally erased him but you could see 10 faces on her little screen thing and at one point they totally showed him; he was wearing a blue suit. She didn't pick him for even the first round so not a big deal. 

This show was dreadful. 

• Love 1