Type keyword(s) to search

Miz And Mrs. - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This was hilarious. Maryse laughing at Mike to the point of tears during the photo shoot was the highlight. These two are entertaining. I could have easily watched an entire hour instead of thirty minutes.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, garnetarden said:

These two are entertaining. I could have easily watched an entire hour instead of thirty minutes.

Well, I'm not ready to pad it out to an hour, but I did enjoy this more than I thought I would.  I was going to say that I could do without seeing the Miz naked, but I have to admit it was a funny segment.  As was most of the show.  Miz is a talented guy, I saw him on the celebrity baseball all star game when he won MVP, he was impressive.  And I have always liked Maryse.  Certainly better than watching Nikki Bella waffle back and forth on her feelings about John Cena on Total Bellas.

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, garnetarden said:

This was hilarious. Maryse laughing at Mike to the point of tears during the photo shoot was the highlight. These two are entertaining. I could have easily watched an entire hour instead of thirty minutes.

As long as they include more of the doggies, I’d be OK with an hour.

I liked the show a lot more than I thought I would. Mike is great and I love that they love their dogs so much, but Maryse is such an airhead that it’s painful to watch her at times. I didn’t have high expectations after seeing her on “Total Divas”, but not being able to pronounce Winnebago?

“Winny-bay-go.”

Really?!?! 

I know French is her first language, but she’s from freakin’ Montreal, Canada, not France. 

Then again, Nikki and Brie aren’t very articulate when they speak nor are they rocket scientists. Bryan and John must be very patient men. God bless them. 

M & M also truly love each other and it’s palpable through the screen. I love seeing truly happy couples who are authentic and mature interact with each other. I feel like if this was another show, Maryse (for a storyline) could’ve/would’ve “scolded” Mike for walking out nude and then gotten bent out of shape “because two other women just saw your junk.” I suspect what will make this show so great is that they’re not acting. We won’t see any of these lame “They didn’t get their dream house in Austin (and it was the ONLY house they agreed on, etc.) because someone outbid them. Now, the world is ending and they’re both depressed over a freakin’ house” crappy storylines. 

They’re living life, being silly and entertaining the viewers, even if the producers are “guiding them.”

Mike knew the photo shoot wasn’t nude and was simply having fun with his wife. He probably had a modesty sock on (out of respect for the other two women there) and that item itself looks hilarious when worn! 

Regardless, I’m in for the season! Bring on the doggies and awesome Mike. 

Previews for the season made it look like she had a C-section. I wonder if it ended up being medically necessary or if she planned one (zero judgement here) so Mike wouldn’t miss the birth because of Wrestlemania?

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 5

Episode 2:

"Miz Takes the Cake"

Maryse plans a spectacular and expensive baby shower the couple will never forget; Mike tries to save a few bucks on an extravagant cake but ends up paying the price when his scheme fails.

Airs July 31, 2018.

• Love 1

I had enough of the nude pictures last week, didn't need more of them this week, or Marjo's critical examination of Miz's rear end.

The cake storyline came off as a little too contrived IMO.  I don't expect reality shows to be real necessarily, but they can at least try to make it look good.

It was interesting seeing Avril Lavigne at their baby shower.  Also, I'm sure no one took that "one year of diaper service" bet seriously.  Or maybe they did, since the nanny is likely to be doing it anyway.

This show is so scripted but I love it.   My husband and I laughed throughout the whole show.    I love their goofy relationship and you can tell they really love each other.   The Miz and Maryse can really sell the script unlike the Total Bellas.  I'm in for the season.  

• Love 5

I thought it was pretty cool of Dolph Ziggler to take that infant CPR class with the Miz.

The other thing I noticed was with those $600 truffle dishes.  Even when the waiter was slicing those truffles, some were flipping onto the ground.  For $600, I'd think they should all reach the plate.  Then later when Miz was slicing them, even more were flying onto the floor.

There seems to be a theme here, this week we have $600 meals, last week was $1000 cakes.  A lot of money floating around.

• Love 2

I loved when they tried to have a serious conversation and Mocha was drinking the water super loud.   That's a dog for ya! They don't care about the conversation.   Too funny and a very real moment.  

Miz and Maryse are cute.  I don't like the contrived stories, but they are fun to watch.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I loved when they tried to have a serious conversation and Mocha was drinking the water super loud.   That's a dog for ya! They don't care about the conversation.   Too funny and a very real moment.  

That was funny, but I didn't like that they were yelling at him for it.  Let the dog drink his water.

• Love 1

Oh my goodness, that was the sweetest episode!! Monroe looks just like her dad in the interview segments.  How cute. What a sweet family.  I loved how much Mike said how he loves her already, and she wasn't even born yet.  

• Love 6

I'm loving that they aren't manufacturing "drama".   Like it is so scripted but in a fun way.  They could of milked the whole "I don't want my mom in the delivery room" storyline and made it tense but instead they made it a non-issue.   I'm really liking this show and am glad that it got picked up.

• Love 4

This is the kind of scripted reality that I don't mind at all. The situations may be plotted (as it seems everyone can agree) but a lot of the reactions and interactions that come from it seem so genuine and fun. You can see that it intends to be a light-hearted show and given Mike's personality, I wouldn't expect less from him. The best parts are Maryse's laughing fits because you can tell that they're real and he probably makes her laugh like that often, lol. 

Monroe is a cutie pie. Glad her delivery went well and it was so sweet to see how emotional both of them got leading up to her birth.

Did they ever explain why they chose Austin, Texas in particular to move to? Not that I know their life stories, but I can't think of any particular connection that either has with the city so I'm just curious how they decided on there.

And back to the scripted events, was there any more obvious than the cake episode? What bakery can make a 4 tiered cake, fully decorated in a matter of a couple of hours? Come on, lol.

• Love 5

Okay so I watched this cuz I remembered the Miz on Real World and him fighting with Coral all the time. But I love this show! He is cracking me up. I love that he is so cheap. I know that it's scripted but it is still pretty funny. 

• Love 4
On 8/23/2018 at 8:08 AM, mccartygirl said:

Okay so I watched this cuz I remembered the Miz on Real World and him fighting with Coral all the time. But I love this show! He is cracking me up. I love that he is so cheap. I know that it's scripted but it is still pretty funny. 

I knew he was familiar! That was years ago! IIRC, he was a back woods character on RW who ended up being loveable.

These 2 do make me smile.

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 3
On 8/8/2018 at 9:55 AM, rmontro said:

I thought it was pretty cool of Dolph Ziggler to take that infant CPR class with the Miz.

The other thing I noticed was with those $600 truffle dishes.  Even when the waiter was slicing those truffles, some were flipping onto the ground.  For $600, I'd think they should all reach the plate.  Then later when Miz was slicing them, even more were flying onto the floor.

There seems to be a theme here, this week we have $600 meals, last week was $1000 cakes.  A lot of money floating around.

That pasta in a cheese wheel sounds freaking AMAZING. I've never had truffles so don't know whether I'd like them, but the fettucini had me drooling. I loved Maryse's reaction while eating it - for that price, at least it was delicious, lol.

On 8/9/2018 at 12:44 PM, Cherry Cola said:

Miz and Maryse are cute.  I don't like the contrived stories, but they are fun to watch.  

The whole family is adorable. Love the pet names - Mocha and Pumpkin for the dogs and Latte and Spice for the cats - cute!

• Love 3
On 8/22/2018 at 10:16 AM, RHJunkie said:

This is the kind of scripted reality that I don't mind at all. The situations may be plotted (as it seems everyone can agree) but a lot of the reactions and interactions that come from it seem so genuine and fun. You can see that it intends to be a light-hearted show and given Mike's personality, I wouldn't expect less from him. The best parts are Maryse's laughing fits because you can tell that they're real and he probably makes her laugh like that often, lol. 

Monroe is a cutie pie. Glad her delivery went well and it was so sweet to see how emotional both of them got leading up to her birth.

Did they ever explain why they chose Austin, Texas in particular to move to? Not that I know their life stories, but I can't think of any particular connection that either has with the city so I'm just curious how they decided on there.

And back to the scripted events, was there any more obvious than the cake episode? What bakery can make a 4 tiered cake, fully decorated in a matter of a couple of hours? Come on, lol.

San Diego here, but I have to say that  Austin is a pretty awesome city. I’d move there in a heartbeat if I had the chance or if an opportunity arose. I didn’t read about or hear their reason for choosing to relocate to Austin, but a few things come to mind that may have influenced their move.

In addition to being an awesome city with non-stop action and always something to do/going on, it’s also very liberal, like LA. The cost of living isn’t nearly as high either, so that was probably a bonus for our favorite coupon clipper, Mike! 

I suspect their real motivation was its geographical proximity to the rest of the country and is probably a lot more convenient for Mike’s constant air travel. Shorter flights to/from work would make me choose Austin rather than long hauls to/from LAX as well, even if I didn’t have a baby at home. 

WWE events are rarely held in California, let alone in most Pacific Standard Time zone regions, when compared to the other cities where WWE TV programming and/or live events take place. WWE is only in SoCal twice a year, but they are on the east coast or in the Midwest/South much more often than twice a year. (Offhand, I think they’re in Dayton/Cincinnati at least four to five times each year.)

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Bridget said:

San Diego here, but I have to say that  Austin is a pretty awesome city. I’d move there in a heartbeat if I had the chance or if an opportunity arose. I didn’t read about or hear their reason for choosing to relocate to Austin, but a few things come to mind that may have influenced their move.

In addition to being an awesome city with non-stop action and always something to do/going on, it’s also very liberal, like LA. The cost of living isn’t nearly as high either, so that was probably a bonus for our favorite coupon clipper, Mike! 

I suspect their real motivation was its geographical proximity to the rest of the country and is probably a lot more convenient for Mike’s constant air travel. Shorter flights to/from work would make me choose Austin rather than long hauls to/from LAX as well, even if I didn’t have a baby at home. 

WWE events are rarely held in California, let alone in most Pacific Standard Time zone regions, when compared to the other cities where WWE TV programming and/or live events take place. WWE is only in SoCal twice a year, but they are on the east coast or in the Midwest/South much more often than twice a year. (Offhand, I think they’re in Dayton/Cincinnati at least four to five times each year.)

Thanks for sharing. I've never been there but I have heard great things about the city myself. I believe on the recent season of divas, after going back home to Ohio for a bit, Mike had mentioned possibly moving back there with the family and Maryse didn't seem all that excited. It wouldn't surprise me if that was maybe the catalyst for discussing a move and possible places they could move to. Geography wise, as you pointed out, it's easier on travel and on time zones, it's closer to home for both of them and the city offers much of the same lifestyle LA does so it works out to be a great balance for them. I do love the Austin home from what I can tell and prefer it to their LA home. Love the stonework that carries through even into the house. 

• Love 3
On 8/31/2018 at 1:51 PM, RHJunkie said:

I do love the Austin home from what I can tell and prefer it to their LA home. Love the stonework that carries through even into the house. 

Yeah that whole property  in Austin is really beautiful.

I enjoyed this show quite a bit, more than I thought I would, as I'm not a wrestling fan and had never heard of either of them before seeing the previews. The ads for the show were amusing and they looked so cute together that I had to check it out. I like that Miz seemingly has a great sense of humor and goes with the flow, and I like that Maryse doesn't come across as high-maintainence or bitchy/nagging. I also appreciate that they seem to have a great relationship without being overly cutesy-poo about it.

• Love 4

I laugh more than I should watching this show!  I know that it is so contrived and scripted but the whole crew pulls it off.  Marjo flipping off the camera had me and my husband rolling.   After a season of Brie and Nikki moaning about how hard life is on Total Bellas, this is just a breath of fresh air.  

• Love 4

Please someone help! what kind of designer sunglasses are Maryse wearing in the recent episodes, they are cat eye lens with gold trim on top of the frames and has a large emblem between the lenses on the nose piece, if I can find whet kind and style they are my husband is going to buy them for me, but only if I can find them for sale and I need the name ! Jenny

I hope this is the episode Marjo almost drives into the pool!  I'm glad that this show is on Tuesdays.  It adds into my Black-ish and Kids are Alright comedy block nicely!

• Love 1

They're also moving back to L.A.

On 2/23/2019 at 3:32 PM, OnceSane said:

Also, Miz & Maryse are expecting baby #2!

They're also moving back to L.A. https://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/miz-and-mrs-stars-mike-and-maryse-moving-from-austin-back-to-l-a/

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/wwe-the-miz-austin-mansion/

Just binged this show. I know nothing about wrestling but I do remember Mike from The Real World/Challenges. Love this family and laugh at their antics.

Edited by snarts
  • Love 2

This show is what I think reality tv should be like. It's mindless but it's entertaining and doesn't rely on manufacturing negativity. Of course the show isn't genuinely a 'day in the life of' but the personalities seem genuine and they seem like such a chill family. Marjo has got decades on me but I wanna be best friends with that woman, lol

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 5

Maryse ain't wrong about online shopping - my husband would swear our box pile is almost as bad (it's not, plus I break down my own boxes, lol). Miz intercepting the driver deliveries was funny, and the paddle boat in the pool too.

• Love 3
On 4/26/2019 at 9:10 PM, Gothish520 said:

Maryse ain't wrong about online shopping - my husband would swear our box pile is almost as bad (it's not, plus I break down my own boxes, lol). Miz intercepting the driver deliveries was funny, and the paddle boat in the pool too.

I was totally afraid the mom was going over the edge! 

• Love 1