Type keyword(s) to search

Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours To Hell And Back - General Discussion

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

I don't think Gordon is a jerk - I think that he really wants to help people but he's Gordon F#%&ing Ramsay and that is the persona they have here.   

Fair enough - he actually seems pretty nice on MCJ, and is generally supportive to the kids without being pandering. On here, at least, he acts like a jerk, which I imagine is the reason a lot of the audience tunes in, to see Gordon yell at people. I've seen the "idiot sandwich" thing parodied for years. It's just not for me, and I'm getting tired of it. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

I don't think Gordon is a jerk - I think that he really wants to help people but he's Gordon F#%&ing Ramsay and that is the persona they have here.   

A very well thought-out post, 12cat (most I've ever had at one time was 7.  Cats, that is.))

Would you ever watch a subdued, reserved, butter-wouldn't-melt-in-his-mouth Gordon???

Neither would I.

The thing of it is, Gordon is massively talented and I love watching him demonstrate how to execute a meal.  He is a born teacher and easy to follow.  That he is an uncontrollable potty-mouth makes it all the more fun to watch.

I think he really wants to help turn these struggling places around.  If they were totally hopeless his advance team would certainly tell him not to waste his time.

As far as the latest ep about Botto's, he knew right away to get brother Robert out of the restaurant and let him do his marketing thing away from the actual operation.  And all without excruciating family counseling like He Who Must Not Be Named.

• Love 4
On 1/30/2020 at 5:44 PM, spiderpig said:

A very well thought-out post, 12cat (most I've ever had at one time was 7.  Cats, that is.))

Would you ever watch a subdued, reserved, butter-wouldn't-melt-in-his-mouth Gordon???

Neither would I.

The thing of it is, Gordon is massively talented and I love watching him demonstrate how to execute a meal.  He is a born teacher and easy to follow.  That he is an uncontrollable potty-mouth makes it all the more fun to watch.

I think he really wants to help turn these struggling places around.  If they were totally hopeless his advance team would certainly tell him not to waste his time.

As far as the latest ep about Botto's, he knew right away to get brother Robert out of the restaurant and let him do his marketing thing away from the actual operation.  And all without excruciating family counseling like He Who Must Not Be Named.

Robert Irvine?

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 1
On 1/30/2020 at 4:34 PM, 12catcrazy said:

I guess there really isn't all that much to say about this episode - the room redo was great - the place DID look like a funeral parlor (that look went out about 1970) before Gordon's team worked their magic.   

Huh, that's interesting - I thought the room redo was underwhelming, although anything would have been an improvement.

• Love 3

I actually don't mind the formula of the failing restaurant/delusional owner/lousy cook/dirty kitchen, but the Gordon Disguise Segment is ridiculous. The first version with just Gordon in disguise was stupid but now there's a DECOY in disguise?

I want to see a kitchen/business makeover show, not zombie airline pilots who're supposed to be Gordon Fucking Ramsay.

Maybe Gordon's next show could be a mash-up with Project Runway. We could call it Fashion Nightmares.

• Love 3

After trashing last week's boring episode, I must say I really enjoyed last night's. Gordon was generally toned down a notch, and the life stories were compelling. I really hope that family can turn it around. The costume thing was still stupid, though. 

• Love 3
On 1/29/2020 at 3:03 PM, seacliffsal said:

I was frustrated with the White Rooster episode as it was obvious to me that the woman wasn't fully concerned the restaurant because she had an investor who put in over $2,000,000!  I thought it was probably the investor who contacted Gordon as he watched his money disappear.  She also seemed to be in to blaming everyone except herself.  I totally believed Phil when he said she was only there 3 days a week.  Plus, the restaurant had only been open just over a year, so not a long-term failing restaurant.  Promoting a line cook to executive chef after only a few weeks?  Treating the workers like family?  Crying about having two children?  Yep, she didn't care as she kept getting bailed out by the investor.  And then she had the nerve to say that she thought the investor would show her how to run the business, etc.?  I would like to tell the investor to pull out now.

So happy you wrote this because I totally agree! The woman came off completely unconcerned and whiney. I realize her husband left her with 2 kids, but everyone has had shitty things happen to them and her problems are not above anyone elses. No time to feel sorry for yourself. I think it was when the entire staff was cleaning the restaurant and she was sitting in her office off the kitchen, snacking and complaining to someone how hard she has it. I was like "grab a sponge, you bitch, and start scrubbing!" And although she eventually came around, she had to complain about the paint color. She came across as entitled and bitchy. I was hoping that Gordon would call her out on all this crappy behavior and how she expected an investor so somehow keep her afloat. Argh she was so frustrating! 

• Love 5

Wow, that was an interesting episode last night!  Talk about a screwed up family!  The father (later described as "an alcoholic") wants a restaurant and the younger daughter gets guilted into forking over HER settlement money to help dear old dad live HIS dream and then dad bails ("health issues - yeah, I can guess).  So the daughter doesn't get to live HER dream and then her son with drug issues gets dragged into the fray working at this place.  The mom seemed worse than useless and the older sister was negativity personafied.   I'm surprised that Gordon even thought such a mess was worth saving.    I was actually kind of shocked that the place was doing ok at the 3 month mark, even with the help of the young Black chef who said he'd be around to help the place out.  

I keep wondering if the older sister will eventually get so angry if this restaurant succeeds that she will do something to make trouble.   There was a woman who is in some serious need of therapy and I hope that she gets it.   She can't have a lot of self-esteem by being in a "relationship" with the skeevy-looking line cook who walked out.  EWWW.....

• Love 9

I absolutely love good seafood and seeing the mess that Seafarer's was serving made me ill.  What a waste!  The entire family seemed dumb as rocks.  If I were Gordon I would have marched my Continental Army-clad self right out the door and looked for someplace worth saving.

I didn't like the redo either.  The outdoor signage made it look like a hardware store.

• Love 6

I thought this was too much of a mess for GR to be involved with. It was too much for him to deal with the son on drugs, the hated older sister and the fact none of these people really wanted to or knew how to run a restaurant. On top of that, changing from a seafood place to a general restaurant takes a lot of research into the area and considering the wants of the people running it. If the family doesn’t like the name, menu or decorations they will still fail.

Its one thing to make a smaller, more current menu but another to change everything. It would take a really motivated owner to make that happen.

• Love 6

Seafarers/halterman

What,those parents are the most selfish people in the world.  I really dislike them, which is unusual for me, way to ruin your family.  They are clearly responsible for the sisters' dysfunctional relationship (or, made no attempt to resolve it) over the years and even when given the chance to speak directly to their daughters, didn't do anything.  That one sister was so awful I didn't even feel sorry for her when that line cook  broke up with her (on TV!) without a second's hesitation.

Poor Amber and her children.  I don't know if the restaurant is still in business, but I hope it is so that Amber can sell it and do what she wants with her life.  Same for Logan, what a sweetheart.  I felt bad for him during that dinner service, which I think would have been hard even for a more experienced cook (entirely new menu, packed restaurant with everyone coming in at the same time).

So I guess the whole point of those costumes was so someone could make a "revolting" joke? 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Superclam said:

I can't imagine how much money in spoiled fish they threw out. 

I know, right?  In a country where there is so much hunger, I always feel such dismay when we see these restaurants with all this spoiled food.  I keep thinking - if they have excess food they're not using, rather than let it spoil, why not donate to a food bank or community food organization?  

On 2/5/2020 at 2:31 PM, 12catcrazy said:

She can't have a lot of self-esteem by being in a "relationship" with the skeevy-looking line cook who walked out.  EWWW.....

I appreciate your use of quotations. I took their "relationship" to consist of boinking in the disgusting walk-in from time to time. 

The parents were hardly shown but I despised them because they started this whole mess. Shame on them. 

I fast forward through the whole disguise stuff. Even through when he's in disguise tasting the food -- I basically pick back up when he stands up and takes it off. It's all just unnecessary. Looks like next week he's dressed as a chick. 

• Love 2

Now that the former seafood restaurant is doing ok is there any reason why the younger daughter can't sell her 40% stake and take her kids and get the hell away from the rest of her family? I assume it depends on whatever kind of financial contracts they may have signed and I literally know nothing about financial stuff. But, damn, if not for herself she should get her kids out of there. That poor boy (I don't remember names), 20 years old, so much pressure already and trying to get clean on top of that. It felt like he was carrying around so much weight.

Older sister needs help and I hope she gets it. There are obviously deep seated problems in that family that we aren't privy to and that are none of our business. What was the point of humiliating her on TV? None of that shit about her relationship with the line cook was any of our business and humiliation like that can literally kill a person who is obviously struggling.

Gordon should just stick to humiliating dickwad control freak restaurant owners. There are plenty.

Honestly, after seeing the condition of the kitchen I would not ever eat anything within a mile of that place ever again. I'm almost reluctant to ever eat seafood again after that.

• Love 4
On 2/7/2020 at 11:38 AM, zibnchy said:

What was the point of humiliating her on TV? None of that shit about her relationship with the line cook was any of our business and humiliation like that can literally kill a person who is obviously struggling.

The older sister had zero problem outing the nephew as an addict on tv.  She was negative, she was toxic and she had to go. 

• Love 9

As Gordon himself would say, "Wow, wow, wow".  With such a bunch of wackadoodle women around him it's a wonder Logan isn't more screwed up.  He seems like a nice kid but it's unfortunately precarious for him.  He is too young to be in such a demanding position and is ripe for future substance abuse issues.  He is the child of a child of an alcoholic.  They should all be in therapy or go to Al-Anon meetings.

I don't know what was more stomach turning, the disgusting kitchen and spoiled seafood, or learning about some sort of "relationship" between that skeevy line cook and that older sister.  Just vomit.  🤮  They must have all gone nose blind to the smell in that kitchen as even Gordon was having a hard time with it.  This was one of the most awful families ever on a Gordon show.  They're up there with some of the worst from his old "Kitchen Nightmares" series.  Gordon even made a comment that he could fix the restaurant but not the family.  I doubt the restaurant will make it.

• Love 4

No spoiled food? No disgusting kitchen? Just a boring decor and dysfunctional family? I do like that Gordon thinks "book club" means you sit around a restaurant and read aloud to each other.

It was low key but almost more enjoyable because of that.

But...will the daughter recoup her $60,000?  I wonder about that.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, WendyM said:

It was low key but almost more enjoyable because of that.

Agreed. The last 2 episodes had less of Gordon screaming at people. 

This particular episode was kind of sad, and I hope the family can pull it together. 

• Love 1

This episode really made me rethink my approach to this show.  For all my dislike of the gross kitchens, disgusting food and screaming dysfunctional people (especially family drama), I guess I do prefer that over this type of low key episode which I found boring in the extreme.  The problem with the restaurant was easily diagnosed  - the mother, as is so often the case,, micromanaging because she feels like she has to.  And maybe she does.

I have to wonder if there was really a LOT of editing here, or  acting for the camera.  I find it hard to believe that someone who REPEATEDLY interrupted Chef Ramsey could see the light without major intervention.  I think there must have been some really straight talking that wasn't shown.

I didn't think the food was all that bad (yeah, one pork chop was over cooked, and I do love a lot of parsley), but they didn't show any unsanitary conditions or abusive staff behavior.  I do think the staff probably was slacking off, knowing that Mama wouldn't fire them.  The cooks seemed reasonably competent, and the restaurant decor was fine (except for those white tablecloths). 

Speaking of - what an underwhelming "make over."  Southern is not the  always synonymous with Louisiana, so what was the point of the keyboard wall and jazz singers?  Why the stage?

And, since I'm on a bit of a rant - can Gordon learn a new adjective in addition to "beautiful," please.  Beautiful salmon, beautifully cooked, on a bed of beautifully herbed rice.  We get it. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, mjc570 said:

And, since I'm on a bit of a rant - can Gordon learn a new adjective in addition to "beautiful," please.  Beautiful salmon, beautifully cooked, on a bed of beautifully herbed rice.  We get it. 

Sometimes he uses "incredible." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Superclam said:

Sometimes he uses "incredible." 

Or "the most amazing".

I think this episode was more about fixing the family than fixing the restaurant because more was made about that than anything else.  Even at the end where they usually show a service and how much better the food is now vs. before it was still focused on the family.  I didn't think it was uninteresting or boring but I do prefer episodes that focus more on the food, not family therapy.

• Love 2

I guess it was nice to see a restaurant where maybe the food wasn't perfect but at least you weren't going to get poisoned by eating there.   Seemed that there was actually a good sized lunch crowd at the place, and honestly, I liked the original decor better than the makeover.  

From watching this show, I can't understand why so many people with NO restaurant experience have this fantasy about owning a restaurant.   Just because you enjoy cooking or entertaining friends and family, it doesn't mean that you have the skill set to actually run a business, keep stock of how much food you need, know how to hire a good staff, blah, blah, blah.   Like how many people who are electricians go out and open an accounting firm?   But so many people seem to think: "Oh yeah!  Everybody LOVES my grandma's meatloaf recipe - let me open a restaurant!"     Anybody who dreams of having any kind of food place needs to a) read "Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain,  b) work in somebody else's restaurant for at least a year, and c) binge watch this show and any other Restaurant From Hell type of shows.   

And it's an absolute crime that these clueless idiots who want to have their own restaurants get their poor kids sucked into it.   If you don't have the credit to get a business loan - DO NOT guilt your family into putting up the money/co-signing loans because in the end, it will destroy your relationship and leave your kids with debt that they should have never had, bankrolling YOUR dreams instead of theirs.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 2/5/2020 at 6:23 PM, mjc570 said:

Poor Amber and her children.  I don't know if the restaurant is still in business, but I hope it is so that Amber can sell it and do what she wants with her life.  Same for Logan, what a sweetheart. 

I'm confused by this.  What was Amber doing before the restaurant?  She said she was in insurance.  Did she like that job?  What did Logan want to do?  Where is the father of Amber's kids?  Maybe they all actually do like the restaurant business.  I used to think that there was something "else" something "out there that was better."  Then I found out that everything was basically the same.

Just finished watching most of this episode. Just another GR scripted show, but at the end they seemed to acknowledge that this one failed. What kept me focused on the show was hair - Gordon is looking more and more Trumpian (not necessarily a bad thing) and the male owner had the most impressive Caucasian version of the Jerry Curl I have seen. Where the hell did he come up with that piled high and glued into place monstrosity? I was also fascinated by Gordon's pronunciation of the female owner's name and I kept listening to see if anyone else pronounced it the same way. Was Gordon doing another British pronunciation like he does with "tack-kos" as opposed to "tah-cos"?

Edited by DoctorK
spelling
  • Love 4

Wow. This was a pretty sad but quite realistic outcome. I had kind of a weird vibe about the couple that owned the restaurant during their last scene together where they just seemed to be going through the motions with their very uncomfortable to watch promise to try and make things work, hubby's less than enthusiastic saying "I love you" to her and their rather unaffectionate hug.

Amazing how everything fell apart shortly after Ramsay left: couple is separated, the head chef left, the 18 year old--seemed like a really nice guy--left and said that the owner didn't even bother to serve the new menu items and threw out food, etc.

I really hope that they can pull this one out of the crapper but it doesn't seem likely.

• Love 4

First off I have to say that I adore Gronk and could eat him up with a spoon.  I thought 90% of The Park ep was great, but then that nutty owner took everything downhill in the last five minutes.  What a bunghole!  I so wanted to snatch that freaky Dondi wig off his head and beat him senseless,  

I really felt for 18-year-old Kevin (who looked about 12).  Maybe Gordon will take him under his wing as he has others.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I watched half of episode 6 before I gave up. Too boring and sad. Mom was wrong to get daughter on the lease and $60 grand in debt. It wasn’t the kids dream to be there. Mom I guess couldn’t get the restaurant in her name or funds to run it.

Finished episode 7. Kieran looks like Frankenstein. The weird hairdo is probably because he has no forehead to speak of. Ugly hairdo for sure. 
Restaurant is going to close for sure.

Gronk is huge and adorable! He must be like 6’7 or something.

• Love 2
On 2/13/2020 at 12:50 PM, 12catcrazy said:

I guess it was nice to see a restaurant where maybe the food wasn't perfect but at least you weren't going to get poisoned by eating there.   Seemed that there was actually a good sized lunch crowd at the place, and honestly, I liked the original decor better than the makeover.  

From watching this show, I can't understand why so many people with NO restaurant experience have this fantasy about owning a restaurant.   Just because you enjoy cooking or entertaining friends and family, it doesn't mean that you have the skill set to actually run a business, keep stock of how much food you need, know how to hire a good staff, blah, blah, blah.   Like how many people who are electricians go out and open an accounting firm?   But so many people seem to think: "Oh yeah!  Everybody LOVES my grandma's meatloaf recipe - let me open a restaurant!"     Anybody who dreams of having any kind of food place needs to a) read "Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain,  b) work in somebody else's restaurant for at least a year, and c) binge watch this show and any other Restaurant From Hell type of shows.   

And it's an absolute crime that these clueless idiots who want to have their own restaurants get their poor kids sucked into it.   If you don't have the credit to get a business loan - DO NOT guilt your family into putting up the money/co-signing loans because in the end, it will destroy your relationship and leave your kids with debt that they should have never had, bankrolling YOUR dreams instead of theirs.  

***THIS*** so much @12catcrazy! You must be my cyber psychic friend 'cause I say this all the time. I will never understand why people, usually on a whim, decide to become restaurateurs. The restaurant business is the only business where people think this way. I mean, how often do you hear someone say "Gee, I really like high-end, imported sports cars so I think I'll open an exclusive auto repair and detailing shop for those types of vehicles although I can't even change a tire!" Umm like NEVER!I

The only other similar business I can think of would be a bar/nightclub with similar thoughts as in "I like to party and get drunk so how hard could that be!?"

What most of these numb skulls really don't get is that it is indeed a business and one with very expensive start-up costs AND a high failure rate. Oh well, keep 'em coming since they always make for great snarkworthy tv!😊

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

***THIS*** so much @12catcrazy! You must be my cyber psychic friend 'cause I say this all the time. I will never understand why people, usually on a whim, decide to become restaurateurs. The restaurant business is the only business where people think this way. I mean, how often do you hear someone say "Gee, I really like high-end, imported sports cars so I think I'll open an exclusive auto repair and detailing shop for those types of vehicles although I can't even change a tire!" Umm like NEVER!I

The only other similar business I can think of would be a bar/nightclub with similar thoughts as in "I like to party and get drunk so how hard could that be!?"

What most of these numb skulls really don't get is that it is indeed a business and one with very expensive start-up costs AND a high failure rate. Oh well, keep 'em coming since they always make for great snarkworthy tv!😊

See Bar Rescue. Similar clueless party people open a bar... good tv for me.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Claire85 said:

How much product do you think that guy uses on his hair every day? At least half a bottle, right? 

As an Eagles fan, I never thought I’d say this about a former Patriot, but Gronk was adorable. 

Gronk knew when to leave the game before his brain turned to mush, but I really miss him.  He seems to have a pretty respectable working knowledge of food.  I can see him doing football color commentary on network TV since Bradshaw is now about 200 years old.  Maybe he could have Gordon cater the panel during halftime and they could munch incredible and amazing sliders while commenting on how crappy the pass defense was during the second quarter.

• Love 1
On 2/19/2020 at 1:32 PM, galaxychaser said:

See Bar Rescue. Similar clueless party people open a bar... good tv for me.

I enjoy it because it is complete bullshit. All the way from getting construction permits overnight to his phoney baloney "blue prints"  it is all nonsense. I spent two years as my company's site manager on a construction site and nobody uses blue "blue prints" any more.The original blue prints were blue because of the chemical process that was used to get large detailed drawings reproduced. Everything has gone to CAD years ago and large format printers. His blue "blue prints" are just props. Plus he is full of shit, I have a lot of friends in the bar/restaurant business and they laugh at his blowhard posturing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Oh my  God - watched  episode 7 last night and it seemed like a shit show right off the bat.  Kieran (?), the owner - seemed a case of a guy who liked to drink so he thought owing a restaurant was a good idea, even though it seemed like he only wanted to be there to drink.   The hair!  What would cause a person to wear their hair like that???   Looks like he shovels on Bryll Cream or whatever they use nowadays, by the handful.  It looks disgusting - especially on somebody who is supposed to be around food all day.  Yecch!  

The wife (forgot her name), looked totally miserable every moment she was there.  I got the vibe that she was a "trophy" wife (maybe not fair to call her that)  who basically didn't work and didn't want to work and the husband dragged her into working at the restaurant because HE didn't want to be there.    I felt bad for them that they lost their home in one of those terrible fires and maybe a lot of marriages would go down the tubes after that.   I just got the feeling that these two people really didn't care much for each other any more and I can't say I blame the wife for feeling that way.  Kieran came off as a jerk who really didn't want the help Gordon Ramsay could offer him, so no surprise if that place closes.   Can't win them all, Gordon.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

Oh my  God - watched  episode 7 last night and it seemed like a shit show right off the bat.  Kieran (?), the owner - seemed a case of a guy who liked to drink so he thought owing a restaurant was a good idea, even though it seemed like he only wanted to be there to drink.   The hair!  What would cause a person to wear their hair like that???   Looks like he shovels on Bryll Cream or whatever they use nowadays, by the handful.  It looks disgusting - especially on somebody who is supposed to be around food all day.  Yecch!  

The wife (forgot her name), looked totally miserable every moment she was there.  I got the vibe that she was a "trophy" wife (maybe not fair to call her that)  who basically didn't work and didn't want to work and the husband dragged her into working at the restaurant because HE didn't want to be there.    I felt bad for them that they lost their home in one of those terrible fires and maybe a lot of marriages would go down the tubes after that.   I just got the feeling that these two people really didn't care much for each other any more and I can't say I blame the wife for feeling that way.  Kieran came off as a jerk who really didn't want the help Gordon Ramsay could offer him, so no surprise if that place closes.   Can't win them all, Gordon.  

And the community and the location looked perfect for a gastropub.  How can you mess that up unless you are a completely self-centered narcissist like Kieran?  I hope his wife took him for all he is worth. (Not that that would be much because it seems he's the type that would skip bills and stiff employees and vendors).

I have no patience with this type.  Mr. pig and I are loyal to local businesses and tip generously, although we are not wealthy people.  Ugh.  I just feel really sorry for the staff.

And lay off the crap on your hairdo, you jerk!

• Love 6

Just watching this now and I logged in specifically in the hope that there was lots of snark at what-the-hell-ever that was on the narcissist’s head. Why on earth would you choose that oddity of fakeness on your head? Glad you all did not disappoint me at also being appalled. I mean, I guess at least his fake stupid hair is an accurate representation of his character and personality?

• Love 3

Second hour, an "alleged" Korean/American influenced restaurant, whatever the fuck that means, is failing after being opened for just eight months. "Shockingly," the owner, who is of half Korean descent, has absolutely zero experience in the restaurant business, not even as a waiter he said.

He wanted to introduce people to Korean food and culture and make his family proud. At this point, the only thing this restaurant is going to introduce anyone to is Salmonella and E Coli. Let the games and snark begin! 

Edited to add: BTW, there was nothing even remotely Korean being served in the restaurant.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 4

Bear Paw Pizza (I think that's the name):  I don't know if the restaurant is still around but in the 3  month update,  that toxic co-owner looked a million times better.  This show probably saved his life, too bad it couldn't get him to lose those ratty dreads.  I had to laugh at the cook who couldn't eat pasta without getting some on the floor (hey, I'd be nervous, too) and Gordon's disgust, and the other one who couldn't stretch the pizza dough.. 

Both restaurants are in the running for the grossest, most disgusting kitchens.  It seems like actually getting a chef who knows what he's doing can go far in turning the place around.  Who knew?  Jermaine may be a nice guy, but he clearly has been babied for far too long.  His complete inability to recite the special - just one! l (with Gordon hovering over him like the angel of death) showed how lazy he is.

I'm always amazed at how loyal the staff people of these places are.  Most of the times, the owners don't deserve them.  The owners get a big benefit from the show (especially if it is fixed up and sold), I'd like to think the staff could share in that.

• Love 3

I haven't seen the 2nd episode of last night (the finale?) but man, that Bear Paw Pizza place - why would Gordon Ramsay even bother with a shit hole dump like that?    The entire thing seemed so reality show scripted - phony with a capital "P".   It makes you wonder if somebody like an investor wanted this place and that's how it got on Gordon's radar.   And at the 3 month mark we're told the functioning owner is actually expanding the place.   The asshole with the dreads must have been bought out or something.   I'd love to know the REAL story behind this makeover.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5