Type keyword(s) to search

The Good Podcast

Well, it’s no Entourage movie podcast, but Marc is filling the long hiatus between seasons with interviews with celebrity fans of the show, starting with Busy Philipps. He’s also asked for guest suggestions on his twitter.

• Love 1

I’m probably checking my ticket to the bad place with this comment, but I wish “my family and my charity” were banned as answers to “what’s good?” That takes all the cleverness and lightheartedness out of the conversation. Those answers should be taken as a given— I want to know what ELSE is good.

• Love 5
On 4/9/2019 at 1:31 AM, Panopticon said:

I’m probably checking my ticket to the bad place with this comment, but I wish “my family and my charity” were banned as answers to “what’s good?” That takes all the cleverness and lightheartedness out of the conversation. Those answers should be taken as a given— I want to know what ELSE is good.

I think more celebs will go on the podcast because they can name drop their charity, so it doesn't bother me. But I do love when they add something else to the "What's Good" portion

• Love 1

I'm sure this makes me a cold-hearted person, but I really don't give a crap about celebrities, celebrity culture, or their interests. I had never heard of Busy Philipps before this podcast, and by looking at her IMDB page, I have seen a few things she's in, but I have no recollection of her at all.

I appreciate the Podcast folks' hard work putting additional episodes together so we, as fans, have more info to listen to, but having celebrities talk about themselves is of no interest to me. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer everyone.

I look forward to seeing what else they can come up with. Overall, I think this podcast is excellent.

• Love 2

Round two of the celebrity guest podcast was a massive improvement and a fun listen. It helped that the guest (1) had a tie to the show and (2) didn’t sneer about not listening to podcasts. And they even separated “what’s good?” from “pimp your charity” which made me very happy! (And more likely to keep his charities of choice in mind.)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Mike O'Malley guests on the latest version (7/31). He briefly mentions being up against Nick Offerman for the part of Ron Swanson on Parks and Recreation. Worth a listen.

"briefly mentions"?  Haha.  More like, "can't let it go".  I think he was kidding.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Is anyone still listening to this? Today's was about as disappointing as it could be -- all of the heart and playfullness it used to have is gone. And there were TWO Bayer commercials dropped in out of nowhere. Really really disappointing. 

1 hour ago, whiporee said:

Is anyone still listening to this? Today's was about as disappointing as it could be -- all of the heart and playfullness it used to have is gone. And there were TWO Bayer commercials dropped in out of nowhere. Really really disappointing. 

I didn't get any commercials. I listen on spotify. I still listen and still like it.

On 10/25/2019 at 9:30 PM, whiporee said:

I love it! The Podcast makes me feel like I'm watching the show with other people since no one I know watches this show. Prior to the last couple of episodes, this season was "meh" for me. However when I listened to each Podcast episode, I would laugh, cry, and generally get emotional when they were breaking down each episode. The overall experience of the show combined with the Podcast has made me appreciate the show overall so much more.

• Love 3

It was really interesting today, but also sad and a dose of reality for these guys. Kristen, Ted and Mike are all rich and the actors all now have had enough exposure where they can develop careers. But to the people behind the scenes, the end of the show means the end of their job. None of them were whining, but you could feel a lot more aprehension in their voices than had been there before. They get to be proud of their work, but now they have to find something else. Some of them had jobs -- to some of them a pretty big step down (one of them was now on AP Bio, which is streaming on the Peacock. It's a show with moments, but it ain't this) -- and others were literally available for hire. It was a rough and bittersweet reminded just how temporary all these things are. 

I wish them well. 

• Love 4

Double episode, over three hours total for the series finale, with Marc (he played Shawn) talking with Mike Schur and Drew Goddard. Lots of stuff there, including details on various scenes that were cut or changed. Almost hard to believe that at one point they had Chidi explicitly explain what was on the other side of the final door, and in the second last episode.

• Love 1

"You know what I just discovered recently? Podcasts. There's, like, a billion of them and they just keep coming."

http://art19.com/shows/brooklyn-nine-nine-the-podcast

Join host Marc Evan Jackson for a deep dive into each season of one of television's biggest hit comedies with guests including co-creator Dan Goor, cast members Terry Crews, Joe Lo Truglio, Melissa Fumero, Stephanie Beatriz and more as they reveal behind-the-scenes stories, funny anecdotes, never-before-heard secrets and much, much more!

Bonus Episode! Ted Danson on the Finale and the Future

The Podcast’s host Marc Evan Jackson sits down with Ted Danson (Michael) to shoot the shirt about his experience on the show and Ted’s life after The Good Place. Ted reveals how important the bow tie was to his character, why the first season was difficult for him and the special scene between him and his real-life wife, Mary Steenburgen. Marc and Ted also talk about saying goodbye to castmates during an emotional filming of the finale episode and Ted’s new comedy coming to NBC this fall. Be sure to subscribe for more behind-the-scenes stories, performance notes and a shirt-ton more!

Link on nbc.com: https://www.nbc.com/the-good-place/exclusives/tgp-podcast

• Love 1

The Podcast returns with fans questions and stories about The Good Place! The first two episodes of the three part series are available now.

Also, a couple short videos with a couple of the fans are available on YouTube.

• Love 1