Type keyword(s) to search

S00.E00: Judge Judy Primetime (Special)

Milz
  • Start Topic

A close-up on Judge Judy Sheindlin and her TV series "Judge Judy" includes new cases and a look at Sheindlin's transition from New York family-court judge to TV star. Also: The no-nonsense judge's one-liners are highlighted.

All the previews I've read indicate we get JJ 'best of' one liners,  parts of the 60 Minutes episode from the 90s, and "new cases" (I have a feeling it won't be more than 3 cases because they're using time for the one liners and the 60 Minutes episode).

Shame on cbs for reusing old footage from the DVD for this special! Although it made me want to go and watch my copies again! EBay of pigs is a classic!

"On your best day you are not as smart as I am on my worst day." How I love you judge Judy!

Loved her telling the idiot "bang your head on the table!" Lmao!

When will people stop saying that they followed a lunatic driver and got out of their cars to get their license plate number? It never works and belies credulity! And it is just plain stupid!

Jealous bar girlfriend that really did ask for security footage to spy on her boyfriend didn't say one true word the whole time.  She was a liar's liar.

She also said the bar guy was hitting on her.  The videos quite clearly demonstrated that the finger shaking was the farthest thing from a seduction attempt.  Moronic boyfriend actually did run into the guy to clock him.  I wonder what Miss Fibber told him to bring this on.

If he ever believes another word she says, he totally deserves whatever he gets.

I am among the olds and remember watching that 60 Minutes piece when it first aired. I also recall thinking at the time that JJ was a special breed of bad ass. Whatever issue I have with her now, I will say she is authentic. She hasn't changed in 20 years.

Random thoughts: Samuel L. Jackson wasn't wearing glasses, the glasses were wearing him; and holy crap! That new JJ-produced show looks TERRIBLE.

I liked this but they definitely could have gotten some new footage. At least the cases were new, I think I missed a few minutes of the bar video case, will rewatch it today.

The road rage guy was such a jackass.

So they pretty much played the DVD from years ago, and sprinkled in a couple not-overly-exciting cases. Yawn.

Why was the plaintiff in the road rage case, who was fairly young, sitting down?

Not sure, but he did have a cane.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed the 60 minutes flashback, because I had never seen it before.  But, I must say those cases were nothing special.  Except for the censors letting the words "bitch" and "whore" hit the airwaves, they were no different than any other run of the mill JJ cases.  After seeing cases like the "he broke my grandmother's dishes!!!" lady during the normal episode airing times recently, I was really hoping they would pull out all of the stops and show some over the top cases (and litigents) for the primetime show.  I was a little disappointed that the cases they chose to air were so lame.   

• Love 1

Is Samuel J. really a fan of JJ?  I liked seeing the old 60 minutes footage.  I do have to say old JJ keeps herself in good shape.

The cases they decided to air?  Eh.  Nothing special except,. like you guys pointed out, liar-liar-pants-on-fire girlfriend.

Yeah, I wish they hadn't chosen such "meh" cases.  It was a Judge Judy Special after all, they should have re-run some of her most Special cases - JJ at her best, litigants at their wackiest!  I only just recently saw "THE BABIES! THE BABIES!" - there must be a ton more like that, I would have liked to see.

Is Samuel J. really a fan of JJ?

I think he's a fan of a check with a lot of 0's with his name on it. I'd venture to guess he's not a JJ watcher at all.

First a question.

Okay, which one of you f*****rbitches is Samuel L. Jackson?

Now the comments.

If the cases during season premiere  and sweeps weeks are A cases and the rest of the season's cases are B and C cases, then the Special's cases are B- to C, imo. The new cases this week, like Moron Pit Bull Owner, Puppy-stealing Breeder and yesterday's Pot growing father with two families in 2 countries, were alot better. Maybe the Saturn drag-racer could have been a premiere or sweeps case, but not the other two.

And they eliminated the halterviews, which are sometimes the funniest parts of the case.

• Love 1

That was...strange. JJ, I love you, never change (and you haven't!), but I could have pasted this together in the editing bay myself. PRIMETIME SPECIAL! With...a chunk from "60 Minutes," a couple garden-variety cases, and a montage of Judge Judy Bingo aphorisms! Also, Samuel L. Jackson is...there, for some reason!

I did wish we got a better look at the little desk area next to the bench, where Mr. Jackson was leaning (stand up on your own two feet!). I've always wondered whether the monitor there is attached to anything, and if those apparent Law Books are decorative cardboard boxes or what. :)

• Love 1