Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Fantasy Game

• Start Topic

There seemed to be some interest in this when I proposed it on the media thread and I got the OK from the mod to start a new thread.

Every week, each HG will receive or lose points for doing things like winning HOH or veto, being a have not, getting evicted, etc. To play, all you need to do is PM with the names of the 4 HGs you want on your team and the name of the HG you think will be evicted second during the first Double Eviction episode. I would like your picks by around noon on Wednesday, premiere day. If there is a twist that brings returning players into the game I will allow everyone the choice to swap one of their picks for a returning player.

I will post a list of all the ways to gain/lose points and the point totals a little later today. 

Also, if there's anyone who would be interested in helping me determine and tally up the points each week please PM me!

ETA: Also, so I don't get confused lol, lets refer to the younger Angela as Angela and the older Angela as Angie.

• Love 1
(edited)

This is how the points will breakdown:

Wins hoh and veto: 15
Wins hoh: 10
Wins veto: 5
Wins some type of prize/special power: 5
Selected for veto: 3
Wins buyback comp (should there be one): 10
Survives eviction when nominated: 5
Safe from block after veto ceremony: 3
Saved by veto (when not the veto winner): 3
Wins BB unanimously: 30
Wins BB: 20
Runner-up: 10
America's Fave HG winner: 10
Makes jury: 5
Correctly guess DE boot: 10

Nominated: -5
Unanimously evicted: -3
Quits: -10
Have not: -1
Receives punishment: -3
Evicted before feeds begin: -5

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Question:  Are the weekly point total updates in this thread going to include "spoiler" competition results from the feeds (which have not yet been broadcast on the network show)? 

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

Question:  Are the weekly point total updates in this thread going to include "spoiler" competition results from the feeds (which have not yet been broadcast on the network show)? 

No. I will be posting the point totals over the weekends. The weeks will run from the week's HOH comp until the eviction. The first week will be a bit off though.

@Christi I see that you don't have messaging on so you can just tell me here who you want on your team and who your pick for the DE boot is.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm just glad I picked Tyler!

Same! His people skills are off the chart. I had minimal hopes for him reading the preseason media, but he's now my favorite HG, and one that will hopefully earn many points for me! :)

Still moderately good with my picks, although my pick of Tyler as DE boot is giving me a bit of heartburn.  

I initially had Tyler tabbed as Funtime Surfer Dude - good physical game, moderately good social game, but shitty strategic game - but so far Tyler is the only player IMHO showing a level of strategic comprehension beyond that required to complete a game of checkers.  

Right now I’m concerned Tyler is either going to get his ass booted early if/when his playing-both-sides comes to light - or, failing that, he might go all the way.  :/

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'll recheck it later.

ETA: I'm getting for Sam, 5 for prize + 5 surviving eviction - 5 for nominated - 3 for punishment = 2

Cool, my bad; in looking down the list, I missed the -5 for being nom’ed.

• Love 1

I picked early.   I also didn't dive deep into the HG information and interviews this season like I normally do.  I went with gut feelings and cast photos only and discovered I suck at that.  I'm so mad at myself over the Winston pick, I was tossed between him or Tyler and went with Winston because typically the surfer dudes don't fare the best.  I kept eyeballing him though, and nearly changed my mind.  

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, LuvizBlind said:

I picked early.   I also didn't dive deep into the HG information and interviews this season like I normally do.  I went with gut feelings and cast photos only and discovered I suck at that.  I'm so mad at myself over the Winston pick, I was tossed between him or Tyler and went with Winston because typically the surfer dudes don't fare the best.  I kept eyeballing him though, and nearly changed my mind.  

Same here. I was hoping/expecting Winston to be a Southern gentleman, and Tyler to be Frank v2.0 .  Wrong on both counts.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

Same here. I was hoping/expecting Winston to be a Southern gentleman, and Tyler to be Frank v2.0 .  Wrong on both counts.

I had to deviate from some of my initial impressions, or else I would have chosen Winston and Angie instead of JC and Brett. Angie (Rockstar) still screams as a total F3 candidate for doing absolutely nothing.

I judged Rockstar as having a game trajectory similar to Jenn City.  Coming in with her stupid nickname, wild appearance, then floating along and contributing nothing to the game before eventually ending up on the jury.

• Love 1
(edited)

He was evicted, so that's where the -3 comes in. I had forgotten to put evicted in the list of points somehow lol.

Wins hoh and veto (15)
Wins hoh (10)
Wins veto (5)
Wins some type of prize/special power (5)
Selected for veto (3)
Wins buyback comp (10)
Survives eviction when nominated (5)
Safe from block after veto ceremony (3)
Saved by veto when not the veto winner (3)
Wins BB unanimously (30)
Wins BB (20)
Runner-up (10)
America's Fave HG winner (10)
Makes jury (5)
Correctly guess DE boot (10)
Nominated (-5)
Evicted (-3)
Unanimously evicted (-4)
Quits (-10)
Have not (-1)
Receives punishment (-3)

• Love 2

Looks like a HG who is selected to play in the PoV comp and wins it could earn more points than if s/he were the HoH winner: +3 for veto selection, +5 for PoV win, and +3 for being safe from block after the veto ceremony (subtotal of +11 points).  HoH Tyler received +10 points last week, so it appears that the HoH doesn't qualify for those +3 safety points.  Will be interesting to see the individual houseguests' point totals as this season progresses!

7 hours ago, Nashville said:

Being evicted is less of a penalty than being nominated?  :)

Kind of but not really? Evicted is - 5 (nom) + - 3 (boot) = - 8. Saved from evicted is - 5 (nom) + 5 (no boot) = 0. I think?? 

1 hour ago, IndyMischa said:

Kind of but not really? Evicted is - 5 (nom) + - 3 (boot) = - 8. Saved from evicted is - 5 (nom) + 5 (no boot) = 0. I think?? 

Yeah, guess there’s no use in kicking them when they’re already down. :)

(edited)

Honestly, these are pretty much arbitrary points that I came up with lol. I didn't really wanna give anything more than 10 points, so then I had to work everything from there. 

If this goes well and I do it again next season, I'm open to suggestions on the points and even on whether there should be more ways to get/lose points. Like in the fantasy game I based this off of they include points for getting a hashtag on the show or getting an alliance naming segment. I didn't want to include those this time since it's the first one and that's a lot of work lol. But maybe next time if people like the idea.

• Love 2

Here is an idea to make the Fantasy Game more active:

Each week, each participant gets an opportunity to dump an active HG on his/her team (or an active DE pick) in order to select a different replacement HG for their roster.  If a participant chooses to make an exchange, s/he has to post it in the Fantasy Game thread, timestamped before 8:00 PM Eastern on live eviction day, but the official exchange doesn't take effect until after the eviction.  The participant permanently keeps any points (positive or negative) collected by that dumped HG.   The participant does not receive previous points collected by the replacement HG added to her/his roster.  Points start incurring for the participant's replacement HG after eviction.  Examples using last week's results:

Last Thursday, if I had posted at 7:03pm Eastern "Drop Rockstar; Add Faysal":  I would've still received +3 points for Rockstar's first week, but I wouldn't have received any of Faysal's +8 points. Then, Rockstar would be replaced by Faysal on my roster and he starts earning points for my team.

Last Thursday, if I had posted at 7:56pm Eastern "Drop Steve; Add Tyler":  I would've still received Steve's -8 points. But the trade is nullified since Steve was evicted while on my roster; I don't get Tyler on my team.  My roster then only has three active HGs.  If Steve re-enter the game, then he can continue earning points for my team.

On Double Eviction night, the HG trades are executed after the first eviction only (there are no trades after the second eviction).

Keeping track of the points isn't much more effort, just a few minutes extra to make HG roster swaps.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/11/2018 at 1:44 PM, K-9 said:

Here is an idea to make the Fantasy Game more active:

Each week, each participant gets an opportunity to dump an active HG on his/her team (or an active DE pick) in order to select a different replacement HG for their roster.  If a participant chooses to make an exchange, s/he has to post it in the Fantasy Game thread, timestamped before 8:00 PM Eastern on live eviction day, but the official exchange doesn't take effect until after the eviction.  The participant permanently keeps any points (positive or negative) collected by that dumped HG.   The participant does not receive previous points collected by the replacement HG added to her/his roster.  Points start incurring for the participant's replacement HG after eviction.  Examples using last week's results:

Last Thursday, if I had posted at 7:03pm Eastern "Drop Rockstar; Add Faysal":  I would've still received +3 points for Rockstar's first week, but I wouldn't have received any of Faysal's +8 points. Then, Rockstar would be replaced by Faysal on my roster and he starts earning points for my team.

Last Thursday, if I had posted at 7:56pm Eastern "Drop Steve; Add Tyler":  I would've still received Steve's -8 points. But the trade is nullified since Steve was evicted while on my roster; I don't get Tyler on my team.  My roster then only has three active HGs.  If Steve re-enter the game, then he can continue earning points for my team.

On Double Eviction night, the HG trades are executed after the first eviction only (there are no trades after the second eviction).

Keeping track of the points isn't much more effort, just a few minutes extra to make HG roster swaps.

1.  The exchange must be clearly identified in a post, either with a freestanding post or Bold the exchange desired, as in the example above.

2. Each participant gets the opportunity for ONE exchange per week for an active HG.  Anyone may select any active HG.

3. You may change your trade by re-posting up until 7:59ET on live eviction day.

Edited by K-9
simplified

K-9, I don't want to speak for Peach since it's her game, but this seems kind of complicated to me. (And I'm an accountant! :) ) I'm also not sure if allowing trades makes sense for a show with live feeds. Am I overthinking??

• Love 4
(edited)

Lol, I better grab a life vest! (Because I'm floating right smack dab in the middle right now...)

Edited to add: Thank God for Crazy Kaitlyn!

Edited by Matteo
  • Love 1