Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Talk

On 7/20/2018 at 9:51 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Someone help me understand Teresa. First season Teresa, I got because she was caught in a bad place and had to lie, cheat, steal to try and do what she could to protect herself, her friend and her friend's son.

But now, she's a millionaire many times over. She could go to whatever part of the globe and disappear. Why does she want to stay in the drug game other than "Queen of the Middle of Nowhere" is probably not all that good a show?

Just about no one gets out of the drug business alive, especially someone like Teresa with knowledge that could put drug lords out of business. There is nowhere for her to hide, all she can do is use that money to keep herself and her crew alive.

• Love 3

Trying to figure out how to make a KiKi do you love me reference but honestly never even heard the song, I figured he was a goner once it was the commander who stepped into the car, and that was not a good way to go.....

(edited)

I changed the channel. I couldn't bare to see that monster kill Kique who was practically an innocent in that business. I suppose he will blame it on Teresa

Edited by SimoneS

Wonder what will happen when  Jimenez finds out that his son has been killed by the Colonel who was 

following some order from Teresa?  Hoping that Teresa will kill the Colonel or her daughter does  for his sloppy

work. Next week is the season finale right? Does anyone know if it has been given another season ?

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, slf said:

An hour of Teresa hallucinating her dead deadbeat ex and almost killing other people in the process. What a terrific episode.

Yea but Guero finally looked good - he cleaned up beyond nicely. I didn't recognize him at first. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Witchz said:

Wonder what will happen when  Jimenez finds out that his son has been killed by the Colonel who was 

following some order from Teresa?  Hoping that Teresa will kill the Colonel or her daughter does  for his sloppy

work. Next week is the season finale right? Does anyone know if it has been given another season ?

Camila is the mother of Isabella. There are 13 episodes this season so 6 eps to go.

1 hour ago, Witchz said:

Yea but Guero finally looked good - he cleaned up beyond nicely. I didn't recognize him at first. 

True. The costuming for Guero has always made that character look skeezy.

(edited)

So A Martinez's character is alive. Hopefully, he will have a scene(s) with Zahn MacClarnon's character.

When did Pote start trusting James? They had it coming, but I felt for Little T and George and his men. At least, they didn't kill George and his men so there is a chance that they make it out alive. Whoever has them likely need him to transport their product. 

I hate the Colonel, but I am enjoying his cat and mouse games with Camilla and her daughter. I am not convinced that the daughter is under the Colonel's sway, but still I love that he now has Camilla under guard and under control. Didn't see that coming, Camilla. Ha! Too focused on killing Teresa.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

The Fast and Ridiculous.

King George and Bilal were caught during sunlight and the next scene with them it's dark and they still haven't been cuffed. Probably took very slow steps getting out of the van.

Were all the police cars damaged and they couldn't chase Teresa? It's night time, they couldn't see a burning van marking their position? 

Isabella teaming with the general was strange. 

Too bad for Little T. but she knew what she was getting in to!

• Love 1

Poor King George, I hope he makes it out of it alive, as annoying as he is I have grown to like him.  Maybe now we will learn to kill people when it's actually needed (yeah that sounded harsh but seriously they knew the guy was trouble.....)

• Love 3

Hopefully Isabella's dumb ass will die sometime this season.  Gawd she's an idiot.  

Colonel: I'll choose my men who are the most disciplined.

Me: You and your men like to barbecue your enemies (literally and figuratively).  Y'all ain't got no discipline.  Bye Kique!  Isabella will see you in the next life (hopefully not too long from now). 

• Love 2

"Good lookin' sunovabitch, that Indian." True, but what a non-sequitur unless it was supposed to be an inside joke between the actors. (A Martinez wasn't  bad looking back in the day either, especially during his years on soap operas.) Whatever, Teresa's gang should've killed that idiot sheriff Mayo when they had the chance.

Wait, why is the General trying to turn Isabella against Camila? How does that serve his purposes?

Oh, okay. Now both Camila and Isabella are the General's prisoners. But ugh, if he has sex with Isabella he better hope someone else kills him before Camila can get to him.

They had a 2nd chance to kill Mayo and they still didn't take it! Teresa is going to have to stop being such a bleeding heart if she wants to become the true QOTS.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't believe it. Teresa not only defeated her enemies, but she managed not to leave any alive to come back after her. Finally! Now I can see the woman who becomes the Queen of the South. I actually found the Sheriff's death more satisfying that Pecas'. I hope he suffers like he made those poor people suffer. 

Camilla running from Cortez who, of course, survived the assassination attempt was hilarious. How far the mighty have fallen! All because she couldn't let go of her obsession of getting revenge on Teresa.

Poor George's right hand man. Damn, Cortez is a cruel shit. I look forward to him getting his and I hope he suffers. No quick death like Pecas.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

Hee, so much for Camila being able to control Cortez. What's more it was her own daughter that told the world she was a murderer. I also got a kick out of the Columbian woman reading Camila for filth. Overall this was quite a bad episode for Camila.

Teresa made a lot of good moves this week, though slaughtering most of La Commission could come back to bite her in the ass. Of course there were extenuating circumstances - just like there were in Malta - but she's racking up quite a list of partners and allies she's ended up at war with. From the outside - which is where she's being judged - it looks bad. 

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Poor George's right hand man. Damn, Cortez is a cruel shit. I look forward to him getting his and I hope he suffers. No quick death like Pecas.

I didn't understand what they did to Bilal. I saw the stitches at his temple but what exactly did they do to him? A lobotomy?

• Love 1

I assumed a lobotomy also, but it was definitely a discount level job.  I wonder if George will know something is up when Camilla comes back to him alone, because her kissy time with Cortez is decidedly on hold.  Will he get word to Teresa, or will he actually sell her out?

Coche should have requested a rifle for the assassination attempt.  A knife?  Come on.  Anyway, I'd bet dollars to donuts that Camilla had a guy in the crowd who would take him out just after he killed Cortez anyway.  Just didn't happen that way.

There was a little short in between scenes, where the showrunner was waxing eloquent about how the bosses in this show are both women and "it's empowering to see them work."  She must have a different set of values than I.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

There was a little short in between scenes, where the showrunner was waxing eloquent about how the bosses in this show are both women and "it's empowering to see them work."  She must have a different set of values than I.

Bwah. I think that the exact same thing every time she gives her ridiculous women empowerment spiel. Both Teresa and Camilla are running criminal operations that contribute to the exploitation, oppression, and destruction of millions of women and children. Hell, Camilla use to drug women so they could be raped and trapped into prostitution. 

Any chance Camilla calls Teresa for help?

THe general's men couldn't catch a woman running in high heels?

No previews for next week??! Now that the Commission is gone, I guess we'll see the return of Devon 

• Love 1

Glad King George is still alive.....but someone is going to pay for what happened to Bilal that just sucks.  I was quite surprised the guy used a knife also, I thought he was suppose to be good with a gun, but maybe he couldn't get one in, who knows.  So what does Isabella plan on doing now that she ratted her mother out, do we really see Cortez taking her in. 

Also count me as confused about the message they are sending, "be a powerful woman, go into the drug cartel business"......

• Love 2
15 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Camilla running from Cortez who, of course, survived the assassination attempt was hilarious. How far the mighty have fallen! All because she couldn't let go of her obsession of getting revenge on Teresa.

Camilla's downfall was that for reasons unknown she continued to trust Cortez despite his mustache-twirling, and even when he proved himself unquestionably untrustworthy by killing Kique against her direct order, went out of her way to not take him out immediately in a trustworthy fashion. 

I am sad that the show teased Cortez's death yet again and failed to deliver. His actual death will need to be epic. It should involve him falling from a building a la Die Hard or Robocop. And I hope King George gets to bring it about.

13 hours ago, slf said:

Teresa made a lot of good moves this week, though slaughtering most of La Commission could come back to bite her in the ass. Of course there were extenuating circumstances - just like there were in Malta - but she's racking up quite a list of partners and allies she's ended up at war with. From the outside - which is where she's being judged - it looks bad. 

Cutting off the head of the snake seems like a good idea. But there's a whole lot of body it seems like they would have to deal with. And Teresa's organization still is -- as I understand it -- little more than James, Pote, Kelly Anne, and a few random gang bangers Teresa befriended. I'd imagine the remnants of the other parts of the Commission won't fall in line that easily.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Camilla's downfall was that for reasons unknown she continued to trust Cortez despite his mustache-twirling, and even when he proved himself unquestionably untrustworthy by killing Kique against her direct order, went out of her way to not take him out immediately in a trustworthy fashion. 

I don't think Camila ever trusted Cortez, per se, I think she thought she could control him. She thought she could do what Teresa did with Mayo and Pecas; use Cortez to take out Boaz and it backfired spectacularly. Camila isn't a very skilled strategist, she's incapable of gaining someone's loyalty (James only stayed with her because of his own personal code/knew if he left her before she was willing to let him leave she'd send someone after him). But she thinks of herself that way so she makes these  moves better left to someone like Teresa. Now she has no allies in Mexico. Boaz already hated her and Kique's death won't soften that, the Columbians have barely tolerated her, and Cortez has finally turned on her.

Please oh please don't tell me they're going to have her use King George to get help from Teresa. I've seen some people speculate about that on Twitter. There's no reason Teresa would help Camila, ever. 

• Love 2

How is King George still alive? Last we saw him the General's gang was gutting him like a fish.

Teresa, a drug dealer who's in the US without legal documentation, plans to buy herself a DA. In AZ no less. What could possibly go wrong?

There's something about Teresa's cokehead friend Kelly Anne I still don't trust.

That strip club had oddly poor security.

No way would a county sheriff be put in gen pop, even a corrupt one. Mayo getting beat to death was basically fan service for the people in the audience who know who Mayo was supposed to represent and hate his guts,

slaughtering most of La Commission could come back to bite her in the ass.

Yep. What are the odds none of the men she killed have family members who'll seek revenge? The mafia way is take out the whole family, or at least the males. Teresa can go hard but never quite hard enough it seems. That will probably lead to her eventual downfall.

(edited)
5 hours ago, slf said:

Please oh please don't tell me they're going to have her use King George to get help from Teresa. I've seen some people speculate about that on Twitter. There's no reason Teresa would help Camila, ever. 

King George has been loyal to Teresa. She would help Camila to save his life. Besides I don't see Camila dying until Teresa kills her and isn't likely to happen until next season.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

I love this show. I went back and watched the pilot again and the only person I recognize with Teresa is Pote and he's in the back of the crowd further away from Teresa. Right behind her is a woman with long black hair. Wonder if that is Isabella? I didn''t see James in the crowd which is disappointing. I also am hoping that the scene with her being killed is one of her weird El Santo fueled hallucinations. Even though she is evil, I'd prefer for the show ending with alive, 

(edited)

The rat has got to be Teresa's friend. She had guilt radiating all over her when she went to see Teresa before she left. I think she felt bad and wanted to warn Teresa, but couldn't bring herself to do it. 

As for the episode, it is alway good to see hottie Guero.

Edited by SimoneS
51 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

The rat has got to be Teresa's friend. She had guilt radiating all over her when she went to see Teresa before she left. I think she felt bad and wanted to warn Teresa, but couldn't bring herself to do it. 

Kelly Anne is guilty. That's why she has been hitting the drugs hard lately.

Why is El Santo still using super 8 mm movie projector? Is he that cheap to upgrade?

For all of El Santo's spiritual talk he looked ordinary and is quick to want to quit the business when adversity hits. Did he even have a plan to identify the mole? Aside from that, the man is a pro with getting a baby out and cleaned. 

El Santo's men couldn't open the suitcase and check for weapons or explosives? 

Is Devon a snitch or an agent?

Sasha ..Tasha. She should have said she was NYC and gave a vague story about her husband Toast or Ghost.

• Love 3

There's always "just one mole" in the organization.  With the huge amount of cocaine that El Santo was sending around the world, the possibilities are endless. 

I thought Devon was an actual agent the last episode we saw him. 

An entire episode without the Colonel's mustache twirling and Camila's hooded cobra facial expression.  Wow.

I hope Carlos Casteneda (or his estate) got a writer's credit for this one.

On 8/17/2018 at 2:54 PM, slf said:

(edited)

I think that more likely Devon is a CI than an undercover agent. If he was an agent, he would have a deep cover. No way would his real sister be involved. I considered the possibility that she wasn't really his sister, but they were genuinely afraid when Little T found their mother and Teresa threatened her. Then again, may it was all an act. 

It was nice to get a break of Camilla's drama although I was wondering about George's fate.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I seriously thought El Santo was going to do something to that baby.....so glad he came out of this rather unharmed, although still not sure how he got the baby out but ok whatever I will let that go.

And also please give us an update on King George.........

• Love 1
10 hours ago, TigerLily20 said:

I seriously thought El Santo was going to do something to that baby.....so glad he came out of this rather unharmed, although still not sure how he got the baby out but ok whatever I will let that go.

I think the baby was taken by Devon's people. The next morning, when Teresa was leaving there was the baby's blue blanket on the ground outside.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I think the baby was taken by Devon's people. The next morning, when Teresa was leaving there was the baby's blue blanket on the ground outside.

Yeah I figured Devon's people took him, although I would have loved to have seen them find him, because that has got to be a bit of a shock to find.

It's weird, Teresa didn't hallucinate Guero like this in season one when she believed he was dead. I'm starting to get the feeling this is a classic case of 'secondary white male character is played by an actor the writers adore so they keep him on/promote his character long after they should've killed him' which is unfortunately a thing that happens. Like, are we gonna be getting flashbacks to his lame ass in season five? He ruined her life, he snitched to the DEA about the warehouse in late season one/early season two, he left her behind in Chicago for no reason (so even if you handwave him going with the DEA back in Mexico he still abandoned her ass), but sure, okay. 

This season is turning out to be the weakest so far, which is very unfortunate because this is the first season where I felt like Teresa was truly the driving character. Why isn't Cortez scarred all over his body? Why isn't Camila taking heat for being connected to the deaths of anywhere from 3-6 federal agents (the assault on the DEA safehouse in season one killed three, Loya's mentor, and the two Marshals that were killed when busting her out of federal custody) to say nothing about her having been busted out of federal custody? Teresa goes from not wanting unnecessary violence to doing what she is now and there's little-to-no pushback from all the people who joined her because they thought she was different? George and his men get captured and Teresa doesn't notice this for how long? Mayo is shot in the chest and almost dies, falls into a coma, then wakes up and is walking around in less than 12 hours? I think the writers have gotten really sloppy. Like it's one thing to age up a child character - most people don't like young child characters anyway so most would let that pass. But why set a man on fire and have him survive if you aren't going to commit to that? Dude should be burnt.

The first two seasons were a lot better at doing smaller arcs and switching gears in the back half. This season has felt really disjointed and I've had to just lower expectations and suspend disbelief to accept a lot.

Edited by slf
  • Love 4

Of course, it was Kelly Ann. Too bad she didn't just tell Teresa the truth when Devon first approached her. I think that they should have sent her into hiding, but it is the drug business and just about no one gets out alive. At least, Teresa tried to give Little T an out. If Devon was not cop, he must be a CI. 

Eh, I don't care that Camila was innocent once upon a time. She is a monster now. This is what gets me about the show. It could have gone for some realism and shown Camilla stealing a peasant woman's clothes as a disguise to escape Cortez's men, but nope instead, she is walking down a lonely road in a tight red dress and broken heels.

Nothing on George.

• Love 3

James was very confident telling Camila he can handle things with Teresa. Good luck!

I didn't feel sorry for Kelly Anne (she's no Adriana from the Sopranos). How did she fall for that ridiculous sales pitch from Devon. She should've known by now she can confide in Teresa if there is a problem.

Lil T will not handle the money properly. Either her uncle will find out she has cash and take it or she will not spend it wisely.

Why is Agent Alonzo so infatuated with Camila? 

Of course! There is one soldier (no need for backup) to confront Camila and she promptly gets her ass kicked. So much for her military training!

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4

Nobody in that group of roadside mourners noticed one of their cars starting up and driving off?  Nobody gave chase?  Camila must have a part time 007 skill on her resume'.

Find another job, army woman.  Maybe something in artillery where you don't have to be close to your target.

Even when Epiphanio Vargas was young, his enemies would hire the JV team to go up against him.  Two guys in a closed room and they still can't hit him.

I think Devon is a deep cover CIA agent, rather than an actual cop for someone.

You need a new hostess for the winery, Teresa.  Maybe hire Isabella?

Lil T wants to be like Teresa?  Did you notice the scar on her face? And you think she has power and respect?  Constantly running from crisis to the next, and people getting killed all around you.  Yeah, that's livin' large.  Woman, you have the skills of Sheriff Mayo and the brains of Kelly Ann.  Take the money and buy a life, although I know you won't.  You're dead within a month.

Teresa should know that you always suspect more than one mole in your organization.  I suspected James too, especially when he volunteered to kill Kelly Ann.

• Love 3

I am always conflicted about James. I think that he wants to his own boss, especially after getting away from Camila, but that he is in love Teresa and this along with Pote have stopped him from killing her and taking over. Eventually, I think that he will betray her since her feelings for him are not as strong and that is bound to be obvious to him.

I think the thing with James is a just a bit of misdirection, just like this whole episode was. Everyone was so convinced James was the mole and he wasn't. A lot of people on Twitter have guessed that Camila (who was going to go with Loya, remember) reached out to James because she knows the location of King George and intends to use that to gain Teresa as an ally and kill Cortez so she can retake Sinaloa*. The promo would suggest that's probably what they're doing. I think they really do mean James to be a fairly honest man who genuinely cares about Teresa and is loyal to her. But people are always waiting for the other shoe to drop with him, so.

*I was afraid that was where they were going when King George was grabbed so I'm not happy with this development. Teresa doesn't exactly have an army at her disposal like Cortez seems to. She better have a plan to take Camila out once she gets her friends back.

Edited by slf
  • Love 2

Both my husband and I were under the impression that Little T had succumbed to her wounds a few episodes ago, that she’d survived (barely) but ended up dying.  Did anyone else have this impression?  I’ll have to revisit the episodes in question to figure out why we both got that so wrong, but when she popped up in this week’s ep we were both flummoxed.  I love her character so I was glad I got that plot point wrong, but still need to know exactly why we came to that conclusion.

I'm starting to wonder if the woman behind Teresa in the pilot power shot might be lil T. I thought she was going to be permanently injured from her injuries earlier this season but still alive. 

I feel like Teresa needs to end both Cortez and Camilla by season end otherwise it will make the idea of her becoming the biggest drug dealer in the Western Hemisphere absurd.

and I really want James and Teresa to be together for one season romantically before his inevitable death.

• Love 1

I love Camilla running around in daylight with no attempt at a disguise. And she took off her heels AFTER she was done running. Does no one recognize their governor?

I wish they would show more of future Teresa. I forgot everything we saw about her in season 1 except that she wore her hair in a tight bun.

• Love 1

I knew Kelly Anne the druggie was a weak link. But what is Devon's deal? Who is he working for?

Epifanio was a hot piece back in the day.

Jefa. Heh, a Spanish speaker could get themselves in trouble saying that to the wrong person in the US. ?

James was very confident telling Camila he can handle things with Teresa. Good luck!

Yep, because Pote is not the one he's screwing. Pote would've capped him already if Teresa weren't listening to her heart (and lady parts) instead of her head. I don't trust him either.

6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I knew Kelly Anne the druggie was a weak link. But what is Devon's deal? Who is he working for?

The CIA. We found that out at the end of 3x05. He seems to be a confidential informant who's been trying to help the CIA nail El Santo.

6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yep, because Pote is not the one he's screwing. Pote would've capped him already if Teresa weren't listening to her heart (and lady parts) instead of her head. I don't trust him either.

The funny part of this episode was that it was Pote who was the weak one this episode. While he basically accused Teresa of what you say, he was the one blinded by his feelings for Kelly Anne and didn't realize she was the mole despite the abundance of evidence against her. In the end it was actually James who flushed out the mole and protected the cartel. 

• Love 2

Bwah. Camila had that one coming. They put a tracker in her bracelet, but I hope she suffers before she is rescued. I want her dead in the season finale, but I don't have much hope. That dress that Camila had on with her boobies hanging out. Really that is what James bought for her?

Yay, that George is safe. I don't know if to hope that Bilal survived being shot or not given he has been lobotomized.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

I have lost track as to the various alliances and who's on first anymore.  I'm just here for the gunfights.  Annnd, the green sweater that Teresa was wearing.

I don't think that in real life there are any Indian reservations that butt up against the border, but that would be interesting.  Would they be allowed to have free passage on the US side?  I would think Mexico would have some say on the border traffic. 

• Love 1

I did

20 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I don't think that in real life there are any Indian reservations that butt up against the border, but that would be interesting.  Would they be allowed to have free passage on the US side?  I would think Mexico would have some say on the border traffic. 

The closest to this that I have ever heard about something like this is a Lipan Apache woman whose land in Texas buttresses the Mexican border. After losing this land to the federal government which built a wall on it north of the Rio Grande, she was given a key to a gate so she can access it. There other farmers (who might be American Indian or not) who also lost their lands to the U.S. government and also have keys or codes to access them. I removed the link because it might be too political, but the article can be Googled.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

There are a lot of stupid characters on TV but Isabelle has that certain dumbness to put her at the top of the class. The scene with her and the general was creepy. I was cringing he had put something in her drink and was going to take advantage of her.

I have a feeling James is not going to survive next week.

• Love 1

When the new guy, Javier, first met Teresa he kind of advanced on her and Pote growled at him. I missed why the guy stepped to her; more aggressive flirting or was it meant as a threat?

So James wasn't trying to play anyone. At this point it's predictable that he won't so I don't know why they keep implying he might be. I guess because so many of the fans favor him as a spy/betrayer. I liked that he and Teresa were pretty up front with each other. They already have enough drama between them without manufacturing more.

I'm not sure what Teresa's plan is. She's going to have to honor some of those alliances. Castel and Boaz are better than Camila and Cortez. Use Camila to kill Cortez, kill Camila, ally to Boaz and the Columbians, maybe? But I can't see this show killing off Camila just yet (they should, though, her scenes are so boring). 

I liked James bringing Camila the dress and Pote giving her her favorite cigarettes- Teresa not only had every intention of caging Camila but not actually letting her go. Camila considers herself such a deft negotiator but she failed to negotiate her own release and had Teresa promise only that she wouldn't hurt Camila (not that others wouldn't).

• Love 2

Gawd, just realized why Javier looked so familiar. He was Father Tomas on The Exorcist. I barely recognized him with the beard, but he is freaking hot. Teresa should hook up with him.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1