Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Talk

(edited)

After Teresa defeats and kills Camilla, the daughter will go after her. Teresa should have killed them both. However, I agree with her about Camilla and the needless killing. I don't understand why the Cartels do it in real life, but then again you have to be a violent sociopath to be a drug dealer.

Poor good looking guy. Can't blame him for hitting on Teresa. I hope he isn't dead. 

Edited by SimoneS

I still love Pote....glad this show is back, although I didn eye role at Camilla becoming the governor after her husbands death....umm is that possible, that quickly?  She never had any interest in politics or at least didn't seem to before, and I don't think he had the greatest reputation by the time he passed, (that one guy made a song about him being a drug lord I believe).  Oh well I still like the show.

Camila had an interest in power, and taking Epifanio's (sp?) governorship seems an easy way to maintain power, both legal and illegal. Seems like between sympathy and the ability to make potential challengers offers that they can't refuse, it would be fairly easy to arrange a victory either by appointment or special election. 

The waiter that Teresa hooked up with was in the telenovela. He was Santiago. He's who I assume they're basing James on. I like when the original actors show up. Last season, the original Guero was on as well. 

Wonder if Kate Del Castillo will show up on this.

Teresa's doing well for herself. Turned ten million into twenty, scaled a building like a superhero, survived an assassination attempt, and a handsome man went down on her. And of course James showed up at the end to help her out. I wonder why he's helping her now. I can't imagine he's secretly working for Camila- she said she wanted Teresa dead so what would be the point in intervening when one of the shooters could've easily finished her off? Maybe he's still sweet on her.

Lord but Camila is stupid. Did I hear the interviewer right and she has abysmal approval ratings? So much for being the brains in the cartel. Her husband was murdered, she has a young daughter about to get married, and she can make either of those things work in her favor?

And the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Isabella's in for a rude awakening when she realizes her mother values the business more than anything in the world and that her dear mama is a human trafficker. My guess is her fiancee isn't long for this world.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this. It isn't some tightly-plotted prestige show or anything but it's fun (murders aside).

1 hour ago, slf said:

Teresa's doing well for herself. Turned ten million into twenty, scaled a building like a superhero, survived an assassination attempt, and a handsome man went down on her. And of course James showed up at the end to help her out. I wonder why he's helping her now. I can't imagine he's secretly working for Camila- she said she wanted Teresa dead so what would be the point in intervening when one of the shooters could've easily finished her off? Maybe he's still sweet on her.

Lord but Camila is stupid. Did I hear the interviewer right and she has abysmal approval ratings? So much for being the brains in the cartel. Her husband was murdered, she has a young daughter about to get married, and she can make either of those things work in her favor?

And the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Isabella's in for a rude awakening when she realizes her mother values the business more than anything in the world and that her dear mama is a human trafficker. My guess is her fiancee isn't long for this world.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this. It isn't some tightly-plotted prestige show or anything but it's fun (murders aside).

My guess is James didn't have much choice. He was burned with Camilla and no other cartel would have him given how he left her. He could have gone straight in theory but I don't see that working out. I also think he does care about Theresa.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

My guess is James didn't have much choice. He was burned with Camilla and no other cartel would have him given how he left her. He could have gone straight in theory but I don't see that working out. I also think he does care about Theresa.

James had $9 million at the end of last season. It's only been six months! If he's burned through all that cash then he's not half as smart and capable as the show portrays him. I don't know if the cartel world in general cares if one Dona - particularly one as unpopular as Camila, who isn't exactly loyal herself - gets screwed. I hope that's not his logic because at the end of last season Teresa found that tracker he planted on Tony's toy that was used to send assassins after her and he shot at her on the train. He might not have intended to kill her but she has no reason to believe that. 

• Love 1
On 6/22/2018 at 10:47 PM, Emily Thrace said:

James wasn’t burned by Camilla. After he rescued her daughter, James told Camilla she didn’t need him anymore and he chose to walk away. She called him her loyal friend and told him if he ever needed anything, he knew where to find her. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Chasity said:

James wasn’t burned by Camilla. After he rescued her daughter, James told Camilla she didn’t need him anymore and he chose to walk away. She called him her loyal friend and told him if he ever needed anything, he knew where to find her. 

I think "the way he left her" refers to him running from the plane while Teresa and Pote held her and Epifanio at gunpoint. He wasn't officially her employee anymore but someone like Camila would probably see him running as disloyalty regardless.

This was Pote's episode (even though his screen time was limited). Teresa got a lot of near misses/breaks.

James couldn't find a better way to find evidence/assassinate the guy and not include the family?

The general must have the best skin doctor money can buy (barely a burn mark seen).

• Love 4

I still don't care about Pote. The show is working overtime to make him the most loyal henchman there ever was and to show that he loves Teresa but I just...don't care. And I mean, yeah, it sucks that they broke his hand. But he stood aside and watched Teresa be raped and never even had to apologize for it so eh.

James was a lot this episode, throwing himself through windows and such. If he's being honest Teresa should keep him around. Though I'd be curious to know why he stayed in the business at all instead of starting a new life with the 9 million. It'd be sad as fuck if he blew through all that cash but I suppose a man who kills people for a living probably has some vices. The poindexter hairstyle in the flashback was hilariously bad as was the writing for the family scenes. They were all so "gee golly, good neighbour, welcome to the family!"

Color me shocked that Devin Finch turned out to be a messy asshole. I can't believe a guy who saw fit to drop, what, 30 million (?) to buy a ton of the most powerful cocaine on the market to distribute to his clients with no access to more makes bad decisions. W-o-w.

One of Teresa's most valuable traits is the ability to make friends/allies, which came in useful this episode. She's gonna have to deal with Mr. Let's Consummate It eventually, though. He's not the kind of guy you want to be indebted to. 

Loved every single time Camila's face fell.

• Love 1

A bull named Sicario. That's cute.

Aw, Pote. But I'm betting he's ambidextrous or he'll at least learn how to shoot with his left hand. They should've killed him when they had the chance. Half of Mexico's gonna be dead when he gets finished getting his payback.

Stay off Rocco's island. He is not joking.

She's gonna have to deal with Mr. Let's Consummate It eventually, though.

"Consummate" was an interesting word choice. Wonder if he meant that literally and if so, whether Teresa realizes it. Whatever, I have a feeling he's going to end up dead too.

35 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Aw, Pote. But I'm betting he's ambidextrous or he'll at least learn how to shoot with his left hand.

I could swear that in the flashforwards he's shooting with his right hand. So either that's a big slip-up or he'll still be able to shoot with that hand. Or it's some kind of hint that the future we've seen may not actually happen?

I hope Camilla's daughter has some good recipes for crow.  She's going to have to eat a lot of it as she discovers her mom's other life.  It's all going to burn down in the confrontation between her and the general, anyway.

On 6/29/2018 at 6:43 PM, slf said:

James was a lot this episode, throwing himself through windows and such.

I had to laugh at that scene.  To get that kind of trajectory  he would have had to be running at top speed for several yards before launching himself clear through the window. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Teresa is horrible at defeating her enemies. Why didn't she just kill the sadomasochist instead of leaving him alive to come after her later? Camilla is just annoying now.

On 6/29/2018 at 9:43 PM, slf said:

The show is working overtime to make him the most loyal henchman there ever was and to show that he loves Teresa but I just...don't care. And I mean, yeah, it sucks that they broke his hand. But he stood aside and watched Teresa be raped and never even had to apologize for it so eh.

I don't disagree about Pote. He is getting what he deserves. However, he did try to intervene and stop the guy, but then walked away when he insisted on raping her. He probably would have been killed if he had tried to save Teresa. I do think that Pote has been trying to make it up to Teresa ever since. He constantly warned her about Camilla and then chose to ally with Teresa when it seemed like an immediate death sentence.

Edited by SimoneS

Is principessa's plan to make an enemy in every country?

She has no trouble selling her poisonous product but seeing beaten/tortured strippers is where she draws the line.

The King was annoying this episode.

I would like to know what kind of police force exists on Malta, such that there was no response to an ongoing gunfight inside that bank.  At least they went out to the port. 

The injured dog scene was strange.  Why use that metaphor to allow Camilla to deliver her soliloquy?  Besides which, as governor of a terribly violent state, there's no way her security team would allow her to get out and walk up to the dog. 

King George is always annoying, but I did laugh a bit at some of his punchlines, like the bucket list one. 

Theresa needs to rat out the cartel guy to the Maltese government (unless they're on the take, too).  That might put an end to the trafficking.  On the other hand, his private security woman did seem a bit put out by his sadomasochism, so maybe he'll eat a bullet.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, mxc90 said:

She has no trouble selling her poisonous product but seeing beaten/tortured strippers is where she draws the line.

de la Pena was trafficking those women, mutilating them, and raping them. I can see why she'd have a problem with that, especially with the rape since that's one of those crimes where it can never be justified. There's a long way to go between selling someone some coke and raping someone.

5 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I don't disagree about Pote. He is getting what he deserves. However, he did try to intervene and stop the guy, but then walked away when he insisted on raping her. He probably would have been killed if he had tried to save Teresa. I do think that Pote has been trying to make it up to Teresa ever since. He constantly warned her about Camilla and then chose to ally with Teresa when it seemed like an immediate death sentence.

I've always wondered if he would've been killed for intervening or not. It was only the three of them. Gato wasn't paying him any attention. He could've shot the man, easily, and there's no way Teresa would've ratted him out. Unless someone dug the slug out and tried to match it to Pote's gun they wouldn't be any the wiser, I think? I'm not sure.

6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Camilla is just annoying now.

In the previous two seasons she gave a lot of speeches that I guess were supposed to sound dark and profound but I always thought sounded like meaningless dribble and they have really stepped that up this season. What was with that heavy-handed speech to the dying dog? Yikes. It doesn't help that the actress has this weird, laborious line delivery.

6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Teresa is horrible at defeating her enemies. Why didn't she just kill the sadomasochist instead of leaving him alive to come after her later?

Agreed! I kind of sort of get not wanting to kill Camila in front of her kid after having already killed Epifanio. But there was no reason to leave de la Pena alive. Teresa hates to kill people )except for Gato and El Limpiador), even people threatening to kill her, and she's only done it a handful of times but she needs to get over it. Half the people she's up against are vicious murderers and torturers. It's not going to damn her soul to shoot one.

2 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I would like to know what kind of police force exists on Malta, such that there was no response to an ongoing gunfight inside that bank.  At least they went out to the port. 

Or the car chase last episode! The drove all over Valletta, slamming into cars, knocking over street carts, with hundreds of bullets being fired at them and yet not a single cop was seen.

I like how while Pote and James were trying to one-up each other to be the one to talk Teresa down about rescuing the women, King George rolled up making it clear she'd already decided to do it. Also like her having to drag the dead woman over to the iris scan thing. Who'd have thought Teresa could lift a dead body up that far?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Teresa can remember a 54-character passcode? Come on.

I think in the books Teresa is some kind of math savant. I think the show is going that route, they've indicated in the past that she's gifted with numbers.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Teresa can remember a 54-character passcode? Come on.

La Nuestra Senorita Teresita, la Reina del Sur y France y Malta.  Easy.  (I got that idea from the original Spanish name for Los Angeles.)

• Love 1

A bit off topic, where can I find some casual badass gear like Teresa wears? The fit of her stretchy jeans must be impeccable, and her shoes/boots never fail her on the run. Stylish and practical, IJS! 

• Love 4
(edited)

Wow, that was a Longmire reunion. Too bad A Martinez (Sheriff Mayo) only lasted one episode and never had a scene with Zach McClarnon (the silent commission leader/can't recall his name).

Before I thought that Pote was being overly suspicious of James, but I am suspicious of him after tonight. The way he was butting in and talking about "we" when Teresa was negotiating with the Commission and then it seemed like he was holding back with the gun either waiting to see if Pote and/or Teresa was killed. He wants to be her partner or take over her business. Where is Guero? Is he not coming back this season? He wasn't trustworthy, but it never felt like he would ever stand down so someone could kill Teresa.

I can't sympathize that Pote's hand is too injured for him to kill more people, that just seems like karma.

Brenda's son has grown up. I think that he is the young guy we see in the flashbacks with Teresa.

I know that Camilla won't die until Teresa kills her, but I am enjoying the Colonel playing games with her in the meanwhile.

Edited by SimoneS
(edited)
47 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Too bad A Martinez (Sheriff Mayo) only lasted one episode and never had a scene with Zach McClarnon (the silent commission leader/can't recall his name)

Zach, that's who it was.  I thought he looked familiar.  (Fargo for me.)  But Mayo ain't dead yet.  Even though they made it sound grim, look at what the Colonel, General or whatever he is came back from.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1

No idea that was A Martinez.  

What was the relationship between Theresa and the woman who showed them the building - who is taking care of her friends son?  I can’t recall how they knew each other.

21 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

What was the relationship between Theresa and the woman who showed them the building - who is taking care of her friends son?  I can’t recall how they knew each other.

From last season, she was the wife of the lawyer working for Mark Consuelos' character (don't remember names) working for Camilla. Teresa helped her escape. She wasn't in many episodes.

When are we ever going to see a brave tarot card reader not get scared and bail after seeing bad news!!!!????

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, mwell345 said:

No idea that was A Martinez.  

Kelly Anne Awken, she was the wife of Cole Awken who was Camila's lawyer. She and Teresa became friends-ish in 2x02. She was trying to get dirt on her husband for the DEA and found papers her husband had forged Teresa's name on, linking her to the Colibri Trawler company Camila was using to traffick. She warned Teresa and when Cole came home and threatened them both she shot him. Teresa helped her go on the run.

On 7/12/2018 at 9:21 PM, SimoneS said:

Before I thought that Pote was being overly suspicious of James, but I am suspicious of him after tonight. The way he was butting in and talking about "we" when Teresa was negotiating with the Commission and then it seemed like he was holding back with the gun either waiting to see if Pote and/or Teresa was killed. He wants to be her partner or take over her business.

I thought he just couldn't get a shot since the Sheriff was standing on the other side of the car in such a way that the siren/light thingie blocked any shot. But him speaking up in meetings all "we" this does make me quirk my eyebrow. She offered him a partnership last season and he blew her off. Now he wants to come in six months later after she's built a network and turned 7 million into over 30 million and start running the thing? That's going to be a very big problem this season. He was doing that last season, too, with Camila. He claimed in the first season that he didn't need to "own the whole building, just a few bricks" but it's like once Teresa was made partner in season 2 he decided he wanted more than just being the sicario/errand boy. Which is understandable but he's not working for it.

Where is Guero? Is he not coming back this season? He wasn't trustworthy, but it never felt like he would ever stand down so someone could kill Teresa.

He's coming back, he was in one of the promos for this season and Alice Braga has mentioned it in interviews.

I know that Camilla won't die until Teresa kills her, but I am enjoying the Colonel playing games with her in the meanwhile.

This times a thousand. I can't stand Cortez, guy is an actual cannibal, but still. It's fun watching him drive Camila literally insane.

Especially since Teresa doesn't seem to think about Camila quite as much.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:15 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

See, the Colonel can die any time. How anybody trusts his obviously traitorous ass is beyond me.

He ate a man! He roasted the guy like a pig and then made tacos out of him! Camila's desperation is making her stupid.

Edited by slf
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm always glad to see Zahn McClarnon with his gorgeous self.

"Jed Mayo." Not subtle. And turning him into a Latino character played by Latino actor was a interesting touch.

Nice cover of Everybody Wants to Rule the World. Never heard it in Spanish before.

Did Pote just foreshadow his own death with that talk about taking a bullet for Teresa? Aw, Pote. (Yeah, I know, but he's been 100% loyal to Teresa since he started working for her. It appears the show might be planning to give him redemption by sacrificial death.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
On 7/14/2018 at 11:17 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Did Poto just foreshadow his own death with that talk about taking a bullet for Teresa? Aw, Pote. (Yeah, I know, but he's been 100% loyal to Teresa since he started working for her. It appears the show might be planning to give him redemption by sacrificial death.)

It's been forever since I've seen the opening scene where Teresa is killed but I think Pote was in it.

Wow! Devon is a CI. Didn't see that coming. I wonder if his sister and others know.

How far was that agent willing to let Devon go and the situation escalate? Let Devon water board Kelly Anne to what end or have a shoot out with Pote and others?

I didn't want Teresa and James hooking up ever. I would have been impressed if they just remained business associates.

Kelly Anne was good this episode. Did she shoot an agent or rent a thug?

Poor Teresa. Can't even enjoy a nice ride to start her day.

• Love 1

Devon Finch played that situation about as badly as one can. No wonder he ended up being caught by the feds and forced to become a CI. He's not quite as smart as King George thought. He's lucky Teresa and James didn't kill him. He actually called Teresa a "dirty whore."

I know nothing about making cocaine or the dark web but if what they showed is possible then Teresa is building her business very intelligently. Not wild about the name Rising Snowbird, tho.

I figured they might hook up Teresa and James, it seemed like they were going that way last season. They have good chemistry and god knows they're both pretty to look at so I'm fine with it. And I still vastly prefer James to Guero.

...Are they hooking up Kellyanne and Pote? How random.

• Love 1

Someone help me understand Teresa. First season Teresa, I got because she was caught in a bad place and had to lie, cheat, steal to try and do what she could to protect herself, her friend and her friend's son.

But now, she's a millionaire many times over. She could go to whatever part of the globe and disappear. Why does she want to stay in the drug game other than "Queen of the Middle of Nowhere" is probably not all that good a show?

Are we to think that Teresa's loyalty to James is all about that booty?

Show, why tease me by letting the DEA Agent have the Colonel dead to rights, and not kill him? Why would he do that? Doesn't the DEA Agent know that the Colonel will continue to try to kill him?

Also, are they heading for a Colonel/Camilla hookup?

8 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Someone help me understand Teresa. First season Teresa, I got because she was caught in a bad place and had to lie, cheat, steal to try and do what she could to protect herself, her friend and her friend's son.

But now, she's a millionaire many times over. She could go to whatever part of the globe and disappear. Why does she want to stay in the drug game other than "Queen of the Middle of Nowhere" is probably not all that good a show?

I’m not sure she actually can walk away. I don’t think El Santo will let her. 

I really hope they aren’t heading to a hookup. I’m sick of all the Camilla sex scenes. It seems like she has one almost every episode.

• Love 1

That DEA agent must be putting it to Camilla something good. I'm amazed she didn't kill him herself.

I still don't trust Peter and I don't quite understand why Teresa does. Are the two queens of the south both dickmatized?

Not wild about the name Rising Snowbird, tho.

I bet the original name was Rising Phoenix but someone IRL already owns the trademark. Snowbird is what the locals call someone from colder climes who stays in AZ during the winter. The rising part doesn't make sense however unless it's supposed to refer to Teresa.

Ugh. I have a feeling that if they do have sex it won't be consensual.

On 7/20/2018 at 8:51 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

I think her comment about "get big enough no one can hurt us" speaks to her motivation. Camila wants her dead, another cartel leader that worked with Epifanio in both previous seasons wanted her dead (don't know if he stills does), El Santo may consider their deal binding (I don't remember the terms, if they were ever discussed). It's possible that she doesn't want to kill Camila (she's had the opportunity and money to put a bounty on the woman) because her own parents were killed by the cartel and she doesn't want to do the same to Isabella. Not sure.

13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I still don't trust Peter and I don't quite understand why Teresa does. Are the two queens of the south both dickmatized?

Peter? Do you mean James?

On 7/20/2018 at 5:14 PM, Chasity said:

I really hope they aren’t heading to a hookup. I’m sick of all the Camilla sex scenes. It seems like she has one almost every episode.

And they're depressing. Last season she was having embarrassing desperate sex with her lawyer and this season she's having desperate I-need-someone-to-like-me sex with a man who is absolutely using her.

3 hours ago, slf said:

And they're depressing. Last season she was having embarrassing desperate sex with her lawyer and this season she's having desperate I-need-someone-to-like-me sex with a man who is absolutely using her.

You may be right, but I've been thinking that she was using them.

Well, that whole episode was pretty terrible. The flashbacks in particular were ridiculously heavy-handed. I can't imagine anyone was surprised when Guero died. Except for Teresa, who I felt terrible for. First the guy steals cocaine from Epifanio Vargas and he "dies" she has to go on the run. She's raped and almost dies. After being smuggled into the US and having to become a mule to stay alive, the guy comes back because he was actually safe with the DEA and it's one bad thing after another (when they were in Bolivia was especially bad). Then he leaves her in Chicago to go on some idiotic quest to murder Epifanio Vargas. When they're reunited he disappears, thinks he left her (who could blame her!) and goes on the run. She builds her own business and moves on with her life and all of a sudden, the dude is back. And then he dies. It's sad for her but she's better off in the long run. He never could get it together and probably wasn't going to change. Hell, even when they were running from Cortez's people and he was stabbed and bleeding, he was all 'why'd you call James, we can handle this', like, dude, if she doesn't call for backup y'all and the very nice family you dragged into this are gonna die. Good riddance.

I don't like this writing for Camila where she can't go without a man. I mean, yeah, there are women whose response to misogyny is to devalue other women while constantly seeking validation from men and Camila has always been one of those women. But geez. It's depressing to watch. First her lawyer (who she was so desperate to please she went to his office in the middle of the night and stripped for him because he gave her a birthday gift), then Loya, now Cortez (for whom she cooked).

I'll admit I got a chuckle out of Pote's line about slushies being like a bump of coke. And that I felt bad for James. He sucked it up though, when Teresa said they were taking Guero back to Phoenix and Guero was gonna stay in James' house, and said he'd make a useful pilot. That was surprisingly mature.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm surprised you remembered all those details from the beginning to this season.  The episodes have been running together for me.  Teresa gets set up somewhere, everything looks good; Teresa gets attacked/kidnapped/etc; Teresa escapes with the help of  friends; Teresa gets set up somewhere else.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Camila's daughter is too stupid to live. It's a wonder she's survived this long.

It's like she's forgotten that her mother was the head of a cartel (still is but of course the kid hasn't figured that out yet) and has murdered countless innocent people. Calling off the wedding of her brattish 17/18 year old daughter is nothing compared to that.

I didn't really catch what Teresa said her tech guy would do w/r/t hacking into Camila's accounts. She said it would lead to people realizing she's just another dirty politician. So my guess is Isabella's about to get an even ruder awakening soon enough. The show laid the build-up to that reveal on thick this season with the orphanage and the widow's march. I hope the big reveal finally knocks some (permanent) sense into that kid.

I saw some people on Twitter point out that Guero died in the parking lot of a Taco Bell and that just seems so fitting.

Edited by slf
21 hours ago, slf said:

I don't like this writing for Camila where she can't go without a man. I mean, yeah, there are women whose response to misogyny is to devalue other women while constantly seeking validation from men and Camila has always been one of those women. But geez. It's depressing to watch. First her lawyer (who she was so desperate to please she went to his office in the middle of the night and stripped for him because he gave her a birthday gift), then Loya, now Cortez (for whom she cooked).

I think there are other reasons for what she's doing as well. In the last episode, we flashed back to her her husband acknowledging that she had a way of getting even the most resolute men to bend to her will, and recommending that she remember that and use it because it might keep her alive. The next scene was her with the general. 

I think Camila thinks she'll have more control over the general if she brings sex, or the promise of sex into the the mix. But I think that most of the audience suspects that no matter how many steps ahead Camila thinks she is, he's already anticipated her actions and will end up controlling her.  

1 hour ago, rur said:

I think there are other reasons for what she's doing as well. In the last episode, we flashed back to her her husband acknowledging that she had a way of getting even the most resolute men to bend to her will, and recommending that she remember that and use it because it might keep her alive. The next scene was her with the general. 

I think Camila thinks she'll have more control over the general if she brings sex, or the promise of sex into the the mix. But I think that most of the audience suspects that no matter how many steps ahead Camila thinks she is, he's already anticipated her actions and will end up controlling her.  

It occured to me that she might be playing him. It's just that she has leaned on him this season and seemed genuinely surprised/angry when he did something she didn't order him to as if the man isn't a damn snake, I don't know how much control she has over this situation. The show likes her more than him so I expect her to win but not without a cost. A cost she might not have had to pay if she hadn't gotten into bed with him in the first place.

I'm still waiting for some fallout from Boaz Jimenez finding out that she was sleeping with a DEA agent. He's the one the Columbians (Reynaldo) preferred. I find it hard to believe he didn't give them the heads up.