Type keyword(s) to search

S05.08 How We Get to Peace

Well, as soon as I got past yelling "Bellamy don't eat people" it was pretty clear he was going to poison Octavia because letting Clarke be executed just wasn't going to happen.  Maybe come up with the coma inducing algae plan before murdering someone next time.

I was annoyed with the entire episode just on the basic premise being flawed.  While Bellamy might delude himself into thinking no worms would stop Octavia from fighting, there is no way that Clarke would have thought that for one second even though the tried to sell that she did.  Its unlikely that Indra would think it would deter Bloodreina either.

• Love 2

So Clarke and Bellamy just murdered a woman who's done nothing to them in a super gruesome way all on the promise of a woman who's already doublecrossed them.... Add to that Abby is still just the worst and Raven is willing to kill shaw because of reasons that have nothing to do with him.... Not a ton of characters to root for right now... So indra... Flamekeeper Gaia... Madi... Miller... Shaw and Octavia..because she stays getting betrayed... Part of me wishes they accidentally kill O... Cuz it would be interesting to see the reactions... 

I don't understand Clarke and Bellamy... What makes them believe in anyway that the prisonkru would live peacefully with them... They haven't shown anything to me... And for that flimsy reason they sow discord and actively undermine the current ruler of wonkru killing someone in her inner circle.. Trying to derail a war plan which by all accounts would probably get the job done( messsy and with some risks).. It even puts at risk all the ppl from thier side who are currently with prisonkru... It's just all very maddening 

• Love 1

Clarke and Bellamy murdered a woman that murdered a bunch of people that just wanted to survive and was experimenting on the ones that didn't escape on Octavia say so. Cooper was as crazy as she is. 

Clarke's plan did suck because they didn't have all the information and she was reacting with her heart not her head. Where was the plan to poison O with the algae before Bellamy, that was a better plan. 

Diyoza does seem interested in peace to me. Octavia's still only interested in bloodshed. She's not learning while Diyoza is. 

Clarke's known peace, when it was just her and Madi. I'm sure she missed her friends but I wonder deep down she wishes they never came back. 

• Love 9

There's not a whole lot of likable people this season, are there? Well, there's still Monty, and Harper....and I guess I still like Murphy and Emori. I know that they're living in this post-apocalyptic world and all, but Clarke and Bellamy seem to delude themselves into thinking that the choices they make are for the right reasons. Well, a little more Clarke than Bellamy. But yeah, I guess their theme is "there are no good guys" for this season, since everyone is doing shady shit....just some more than others.

Clarke's plan wasn't very good. With all the talk about the algae driving one of the Spacekru into a coma (I forget who they said), you'd think they would realize that that's the better plan. Well, they got rid of Cooper, who really was Octavia's right hand woman, but damn if she didn't get a little moment of humanity with Monty before she died. 

Diyoza is still a solid character and I am officially on board with her and Kane. So...I guess bye Abby? I really did like her scene with Kane when she admitted her pregnancy. I'm guessing the baby is McCreary's, based on his reaction to her rejecting the trade. Though...hey, The 100? Noooooo to the name Hope. I already have to deal with one CW character named Hope. At least we know that Diyoza is spared until at least the baby's birth, and we know she's five months along so she'll survive until at least the end of the season, though I hope it's beyond.

Abby is pretty far gone, so I guess it's her turn to be hated. I can't blame Raven for being pissed, so goodbye to that relationship. Also, Raven/Echo kind of make up! Good! I like my Spacekru intact. Seriously, Spacekru are better when fighting for each other. 

Murphy decides to work with McCreary against Diyoza, I guess? I do like that Emori's concerned about Murphy, but things are still far from ok between the two of them. They're horny for each other, but Emori is still hesitant in their relationship because, I guess she's worried about Murphy's mental health after they get through this battle? I do wonder what happened in space with him in general. Actually, I want Spacekru flashbacks for a whole episode. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

There's not a whole lot of likable people this season, are there? Well, there's still Monty, and Harper....and I guess I still like Murphy and Emori. I know that they're living in this post-apocalyptic world and all, but Clarke and Bellamy seem to delude themselves into thinking that the choices they make are for the right reasons. Well, a little more Clarke than Bellamy. But yeah, I guess their theme is "there are no good guys" for this season, since everyone is doing shady shit....just some more than others.

Clarke's plan wasn't very good. With all the talk about the algae driving one of the Spacekru into a coma (I forget who they said), you'd think they would realize that that's the better plan. Well, they got rid of Cooper, who really was Octavia's right hand woman, but damn if she didn't get a little moment of humanity with Monty before she died. 

I thought this plan was more Bellamy's than Clarke's.  Clarke's plan was lets kill Octavia.  I got the sense that Clarke was going along with this because Bellamy couldn't deal with it so Clarke was willing to take some risk to have an alternative that didn't destroy Bellamy.  I kept waiting for Clarke to pull out some secret backup plan to go at Octavia directly, for naught.

30 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Clarke and Bellamy murdered a woman that murdered a bunch of people that just wanted to survive and was experimenting on the ones that didn't escape on Octavia say so. Cooper was as crazy as she is. 

The problem I had with them targeting Cooper was exactly what Monte said.  If you are going to do it then go after Octavia.  Or at least have the reason for sparing Octavia but killing her right hand woman be something more than angst over killing someone you care about vs someone you don't especially care about.  Maybe spend some time worrying about what Wonkru blowback will be on Octavia's death instead of angst that she's Bellamy's sister.

In other speculations, I wonder if the eggs of the worms are going to have a weird reaction to whatever is infecting and killing the prisonkru and result in some kind of mutant alien worm killing force.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

So Clarke and Bellamy just murdered a woman who's done nothing to them in a super gruesome way all on the promise of a woman who's already doublecrossed them.... Add to that Abby is still just the worst and Raven is willing to kill shaw because of reasons that have nothing to do with him.... Not a ton of characters to root for right now... So indra... Flamekeeper Gaia... Madi... Miller... Shaw and Octavia..because she stays getting betrayed... Part of me wishes they accidentally kill O... Cuz it would be interesting to see the reactions... 

Even though this show has literally the highest body count (6 billion by ALIE, almost everyone else from the nuclear blast) of any show, the main cast has a remarkable tendency to stay alive. I was both impressed and dissapointed when they killed off Jaha, but I would really be impressed if they killed off Clarke because everyone hates her, or Octavia, because she's stupid as hell.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Diyoza is still a solid character and I am officially on board with her and Kane. So...I guess bye Abby? I really did like her scene with Kane when she admitted her pregnancy. I'm guessing the baby is McCreary's, based on his reaction to her rejecting the trade. Though...hey, The 100? Noooooo to the name Hope. I already have to deal with one CW character named Hope. At least we know that Diyoza is spared until at least the baby's birth, and we know she's five months along so she'll survive until at least the end of the season, though I hope it's beyond.

Abby is pretty far gone, so I guess it's her turn to be hated. I can't blame Raven for being pissed, so goodbye to that relationship. Also, Raven/Echo kind of make up! Good! I like my Spacekru intact. Seriously, Spacekru are better when fighting for each other. 

Murphy decides to work with McCreary against Diyoza, I guess? I do like that Emori's concerned about Murphy, but things are still far from ok between the two of them. They're horny for each other, but Emori is still hesitant in their relationship because, I guess she's worried about Murphy's mental health after they get through this battle? I do wonder what happened in space with him in general. Actually, I want Spacekru flashbacks for a whole episode. 

Monty and Raven spend a lot of their time trying to use their skills to enact the will of the other idiots on the show, while making their lives more miserable. 

Murphy is the ultimate survivor. He's willing to do very bad things to survive, but he gets it done.

Diyoza is fine, but she's just another adversary for Clarke to end up fighting. I doubt she makes it past this season. Then Clarke will end up raising the baby.

Flashbacks would be good. They spent six years separated, which is about 3 times longer than the 100 landed on the ground. You'd think they'd be more like Monty, missing the days of living and not fighting for your lives against crazy enemies. 

• Love 2

I think I almost burst out laughing when Octavia said "We using THE EGGS!" and the ominous music started playing at the background. JFC, are the writers, the directors and the editors complete tone-deaf?

I'm tired of Clarke in general (even though the show tried to rationalize it with her new mama bear persona), and and Clarke and Bellamy's antics specifically this episode. Their plan was shit and also super unnecessary. They could just go in the Worm Room and just kill all of them by setting them on fire, because this plan would as moronic as anything else.

So Monty and Harper are whiners, got it! Monty doesn't want to be a killer anymore, yet he went along with Bellarke to kill Cooper but felt he was above it all? Ugh, this show and its internal hypocrisy.

So next episode Dyioza, my queen and the most amazing character the show ever created, is going to be removed from power so all SpaceKru's coup d'etat in the Bunker will be for naught. I'm so bored about this warring factions at this point that I want everyone (except for Dyioza and Kane) to just die a fiery death. Speaking of Kane and Dyioza's conversation about the better future: *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* The things I actually want to see on this show and that never gonna happen because The 100 is just moronic infighting with no end in sight.

Memori was meh, it's all the same over and over again.

Raven had an interesting storyline with her being triggered over her mother figure being an addict for a hot second but then it was randomly all about upcoming Zaven romance I absolutely don't care anymore.

Abby is the worst, just like her daughter.

The infamous scene Jason Rothenberg said his absolute favorite in all the show aka "Bellamy taking down Octavia" was soooooooooooooo underwhelming. And ah yes, "My sister, my responsibility" in the mid-season finale, which is telegraphing yet again Octagon lives until the end of time. MEH.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, MostlyC said:

I’m sorely disappointed Octavia is still alive.

I'm pretty sure she's staying alive for the foreseeable future of the show. I don't think even a possible cannibalism reveal would make the showrunner to kill her off.

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, CooperTV said:

I think I almost burst out laughing when Octavia said "We using THE EGGS!" and the ominous music started playing at the background. JFC, are the writers, the directors and the editors complete tone-deaf?

Has there been any mention of the 'worm eggs' before this episode ?  What's next -- we're not really going to use the worms, or the worm eggs, but a parasite residing in the worm eggs ?

Kyra Zagorsky can't catch a break -- she seems to die horribly in most shows she is in -- as she did in this episode as Cooper.
What was the point of cutting the hole in the glove -- if that hazmat suit wasn't even sealed ?  She easily removed the helmet and lifted up the suit to expose here stomach -- those worms could have entered anywhere.

How many double-crosses can you have in one episode ?  Seriously show writers, is that all you can come up with these days ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

The addiction story line is just as annoying as I worried it was going to be. Firstly because, again, people living with chronic pain do need to take medication. But secondly because, even if we take all the other characters at their word and she's addicted to drugs for non-medical reasons... why do they immediately jump to deciding that makes her a garbage human being? Whether or not it's her fault she's addicted, addiction is not something you just decide to stop having all of a sudden. They all make it sound like, if she had a conscience, she could just stop taking the pills and it would be that easy. (Also, I kind of agree with Abby that the middle of their current emergency is not a great time to detox. Plus, I doubt that Prisonkru would be like, "Okay, cool. We'll just let our tumors kill us while you do that. Take all the time you need.")

I did find it interesting that they paired her with Raven again, especially because Raven's whole story line is being in more pain in more ways than anyone can imagine, but I also thought Raven, of all people, might have a more nuanced view of the situation.

On 6/27/2018 at 1:53 AM, CooperTV said:

I'm tired of Clarke in general (even though the show tried to rationalize it with her new mama bear persona), and and Clarke and Bellamy's antics specifically this episode. Their plan was shit and also super unnecessary. They could just go in the Worm Room and just kill all of them by setting them on fire, because this plan would as moronic as anything else.

So Monty and Harper are whiners, got it! Monty doesn't want to be a killer anymore, yet he went along with Bellarke to kill Cooper but felt he was above it all? Ugh, this show and its internal hypocrisy.

I had the same thought about Monty. Yeah, he didn't want to kill Cooper but he didn't lift a finger to try to save Cooper either. He just went along with it and had a sulk. I bet Cooper really appreciated that support as the worms were tearing her stomach apart.

I'm not sure what to make of Bellamy and Clarke. I like that the dialogue explicitly acknowledged that the "best" plan was to kill Octavia but that Bellamy had taken it off the table because he gives preferential treatment to the people closest to him, so that's why Cooper had to die in the most horrible way possible. But I also don't trust that the show is going anywhere with this moral debate.

FWIW, I'm also not sure I disagree with the philosophy that you should look out for the people close to you before anybody else -- but I'm worried that the show is giving us this signpost just so we'll feel better about watching the two of them murder someone; not because it's really going to engage with that topic.

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah I'm kinda over monty and his whining as well.. Like bro it's been tuff but you've gone alimg on all these murder plans... If you aren't stopping them.. You've commited another murder and no amount of self-serving remorse is gonna change that... I guess that's why so far this season I've been on Octavia's "side" if I had to choose that is..  She's been clear on her goals.. And why she's going after what she's after... Sure she's been stubborn... But leaders are afforded that latitude and like it or not she's the leader.. Also she makes her decisions and keeps going.. Not like the other OG 100..who justify doing bad things.. Then feel bad about it... Then do more of the same bad things... ALSO I've never really liked Clarke ( she's a bad ass and has def saved the day)  but she's kind of a hypocritical hero character who I guess I'm supposed to root for but generally just annoy me... Plus I felt she never really mourned for Welles...jumpin right into the sack with the oh so generic Finn ( but that was a whole other issue that eas wrapped up in race and representation that I don't wanna rehash..... plus that relationship was ruined  on account of her horrible ass mom Abby who I've never ever liked) 

Edited by UNOSEZ
Forgot somn
(edited)

None of these characters have any moral high ground to stand on. Octavia had a bunch of her own people killed because they didn't support her. For me Octavia only cares about Octavia. She won't listen to any other ideas. And stop being so petty, people should be allowed to disagree with her without her threatening them to fight to the death. While Clarke's main focus might've been Madi, she was trying to save the rest of Octavia's people and the only surviving land by not going to war with the chance of destroying it. 

Indra said Octavia's willing to take that risk. So if Cooper was wrong and the worms destroy the land, what would be the point? Octavia won and now everyone is going to die anyway. Yay. People would've died so Octavia could prove shes a badass. That's the difference for me, Clarke doesn't care about being a badass, she's just trying to survive. 

This mother storyline is impacting my smarter Clarke though. I'm glad she sort if recognizes that. Because that was a dumb plan. 

I will agree on Abby, she's just annoying. I was never a fan of her's anyway. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

While Clarke's main focus might've been Madi, she was trying to save the rest of Octavia's people

I kinda disagree... Clarke was ready to go and defect when she thought madi was in danger... Diyoza has been an agressor since the touched down... She doublecrossed Bellamy and with the help of Kane has been trying to destabalize wonkru... Not to mention the missle strikes.. And the 100s of convicted killers she has with her... And Clarke was and still is ready to take her chances with her/them if it means madi is "safe"...even tho it's been prisonkru who Drew guns on Madi.. Not Wonkru. 

The only reason Clarke is talking "peace" ( quotations because I don't know what prisonkru has done to actually show thats what they want)  is because Madi would be on the front-lines with Octavia... Which is a good reason I totally get it and respect it.. But her reasoning ain't about wonkru anymore.. She's been turning her nose up at who they are now since she jumped back down into the bunker

The moral imperative is survival. They make poor choices that are not good for survival, but this is a soap opera, and the contrivances always make it so they have to make a quick decision that makes things even worse. After season 1, the grounders called Clarke the Commander of Death because she did things like blow the engines of the drop ship to kill hundreds of TreeCru. Then there were the leaders in Mount Weather who were so stupid, they wanted to take the bone marrow from all the survivors of the Arc, even though it wouldn't do anything for their offspring, forcing Clarke to, again, to kill everyone to survive.

Octavia was always a moron. She only joined TreCru because she had a crush on Lincoln. Then she inexplicably becomes the winner of the murder contest.

I suspect either Abby or Kane dies this season so they can get closer to the goal of a Logan's Run world where no one survives after 30.

• Love 3

Simply too rushed. The whole thing was too rushed. I'd ask for a longer season to help them air these issues out and give these peoples moments but I know if they did have more episodes they'd be filler and the rest would be unchanged. Mostly I had whiplash from how fast everything happened in this.

• Love 1

Aww, they killed Cooper and her death pretty much meant nothing, sense Octavia's plan is actually to use the worms' eggs and not the actual worms themselves.  Granted, it's not like I really liked Cooper the character, but I always enjoy Kyra Zagorsky.  Hopefully she'll find another role soon.

So, it certainly is getting close to the classic "Everyone kind of sucks" stage, that tends to happen with The 100 characters.  Octavia still comes off like a tyrant, who really cares more about herself then her people, and will totally sacrifice them in order to get a "win."  Then there is Clarke and Bellamy being idiots, because wow, did their idea have so many holes in it, and basically just made thing worse.  Monty whines about everything, but still helped even though he is certainly well in his rights to have just told them to fuck off, and now he and Harper are pretty much taking their balls and going home.  Even Raven and Echo are preparing to be dicks, and are possibly getting ready to kill poor Shaw.  How is that fucking Murphy of all people, is the only one not preparing to actually kill someone and is actually forming alliances?

Diyosa is alright, at least.  And while wrong, I'm kind of digging Mike Dopud's character.  Sure, he's apparently a psychopathic serial killer, but he's jus so gosh darn polite with everyone!

Biggest takeaway from this is episode is that the location for the Kane/Diyosa scene was gorgeous.  Really need to visit Canada.

2 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Only four episodes left in this season?????  Why do I feel like Absolutely nothing has happened?

Sure it did. Each leader got their people killed. It won't be the finale, however, until Clarke gets a bunch of people killed.