Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Hasta Barista, Baby!

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Giselle said:

They all, Hannah & Captain Clueless included, did the same thing to Danny in season 1. He was the only crew member besides Ben that I liked. Danny was a screw up sometimes but they all really had it out for him.

Danny was repeatedly told about everyone above how and why his behavior was problematic and they waited for him to do it again.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Danny was repeatedly told about everyone above how and why his behavior was problematic and they waited for him to do it again.

Oh absolutely yes, but it also seemed to me as if they all had it out for him. Even when he succeeded they still sniped.  If Danny had improved above and beyond expectations I think Bobby and that drunk jerk bosun would still undermine any success. They would find something to pick at or tattle to the captain about. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Oh absolutely yes, but it also seemed to me as if they all had it out for him. Even when he succeeded they still sniped.  If Danny had improved above and beyond expectations I think Bobby and that drunk jerk bosun would still undermine any success. They would find something to pick at or tattle to the captain about. 

But his not sexualizing/hooking up with them was the point and the problem that season. Bobby would go on to do it in the second season bosun was creepy around the crew but none of them were called about their behavior and just being like I don’t know what the issue is. The issue is that his superiors repeatedly told he was problematic.

On 6/20/2018 at 7:58 PM, jumper sage said:

This.

It took me back to my grandfather, who was from Sicily.  At Halloween we would have pizza and salad because the moms had tons of kids to dress.  When the doorbell rang my grandpa would argue with the pizza guy.  "That's not pizza, my mama she made pizza".  We get it!  He has been dead for 35 years and we still yell it to the pizza guy.

Me either!  Why would you lie?

see here.

There’s nothing better than remembering things the grandparents said or did.  Brought tears to my eyes.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/23/2018 at 12:06 AM, VagueDisclaimer said:

Sandy rode into S3, the chip on her shoulder just catching the breeze. She was the STAR,  Hannah “duped” her last season and she was going down.

But Joao, who has made his entire season about misogyny and disrespect, kisses her ass just right and how dare Colin point out Joao’s glaring creepster factor:

DDED94C2-F080-471A-A464-5C413BED638D.jpeg

1CD89970-B1B1-40F3-AF98-AFC7AD58C8A7.jpeg

What a dick. With atrocious spelling and grammar (apart, really? And not  knowing the difference between than and then..and commas...etc)! I hope she’s not back next season, she sucks in so many ways. It’s totally fine for Joao to call Hannah a c-word, etc. but no one can call Joao out for being creepy? Hell, I think calling him just creepy is being kind!

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, roundtheworld said:

Here's Sandy tweeting out that she's disappointed in him for saying something about a member of the crew - Sandy - what do you think you were doing with this tweet?! If you were really concerned you could have messaged him (and all the others) privately saying that you wanted them to be positive to each other - and if you were real leader you could have instituted that through the season and from before it started to air.

Seeing Sandy on WWWL, I got the impression she was doing pre-emptive damage control over her treatment of Hannah and Conrad because she is now aware of how she's coming off.  Not by being contrite or apologizing, but by trying to justify the rightness of what she is doing.

I would not be surprised if she is defending Joao because she knows something is coming later in the season that will make her look bad and she's trying to defuse it before its shown.  I wouldn't be surprised if Conrad gets demoted/fired for slacking off with Hannah and Joao is given Conrad's job. 

I just saw this interview where Captain Sandy talked about Kasey's resume. It's again her trying to say that she's a great leader and motivator and her managers can come talk to her. http://backstorebox.com/the-daily-dish/captain-sandy-on-kasey-cohens-cv-lies-on-below-deck-mediterranean Sandy is definitely trying to do damage control on her leadership.

"I did not witness Kasey's lack of motivation in the beginning," said Captain Sandy. "If I would have know that, I would have sat her down. That's when the department head should come to me ... I am approachable; ask me for advice ... I will give you my experience from all the crew I've had over the years and there are some crew I've had to let go but I try not to fire people because they're there because they want to be there." 

Hannah tried to tell her and Sandy shut her down! Her statement here is so false! She also goes on to say that she likes to give positive compliments - have we ever seen her give one to Hannah this season like 'great job with limited team while she was sick and thus far because she has no knowledge - you're a  great chief stew and it's frustrating she doesn't have the experience she was supposed to have but I'm sure you can teach her. I'll help you by arranging xx so that you have a few hours free to work on this.  No, Sandy said she didn't want to hear it.

• Love 1