Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Hasta Barista, Baby!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

I don't see why Hannah was so mad.  The wording on Kasey's resume didn't get her hired, that stupid bikini pic did.  This is Bravo after all  :-)

The food looked awesome today, I now have a mad craving for key lime pie...

I think Bravo did a background check and the lies on the resume tipped the scale on hiring Kasey.  Its another one of those forced drama situations like having guests that are the worse possible fit for Adam's chef capabilities to the point of feeling deliberate.

Hannah shouldn't be gossiping about Kasey.

But on the other hand Sandy, is not right to be getting after Hannah over failing to train her "by now".  Someone has been hired who has ranged from doing nothing because of sea sickness to as good as doing nothing because they lied to get hired on the boat and don't know how to do anything even things that are basic life skills.  Just doing Kasey's job for her is going to be more efficient for the crew than Hannah trying to do her own job, train Kasey from ground zero, and do the stuff Kasey does wrong or can't get to because she is learning.

• Love 10

In the past I recall a deckhand or two being given the boot for padding their resume.

I would be perfectly fine with Hannah if she could just stew silently and deal.  Kate really never seems to get too ruffled on the other show.

Im most annoyed with Sandy.  She’s far too involved for my liking.   And she absolutely tries to play the crew against each other.  Captain Lee rarely interferes, but I don’t think he loves the camera as much as Sandy.

• Love 18
32 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

In the past I recall a deckhand or two being given the boot for padding their resume.

I would be perfectly fine with Hannah if she could just stew silently and deal.  Kate really never seems to get too ruffled on the other show.

Agreed re: Kate handling these things better. They just reran the Original Flavor BD finale with Rocky, and Kate just wasn’t as ruffled as Hannah. 

Re: the deckhands, I’m not surprised they’re treated a bit more strictly. Messing up a dinner service is much less dangerous than messing up docking the ship or whatnot. Don’t get me wrong, I think she did more than just polish her resume, and I think that is wrong. But I’d much rather have a lame stew on a ship than a deckhand that didn’t know how to deal with the boat.

Speaking of deckhands: I think that chocolate milk segment was the smiliest and most engaged we’ve seen Jamie. 

And I loved the way that Colin called out JWOWW on the bus. Doing the hard-press on Kasey, talking about marriage (hahahhahahaha), and he pops over to congratulate JWOWW on hitting on a bunch of girls that night. It was a great way to embarrass JWOWW and get him to chill, while maybe trying to enlighten Kasey to his douchey ways. At least that’s what I hope it was.

PS thanks to whoever started calling João JWOWW. JWOWW is one of the lamest reality nicknames this side of Mike Boogie (IMO) and I’m glad to apply it to that dude.

• Love 12
(edited)

Poor Brooke. She has to lie in her bunk , and listen to Hannah getting it on with Conrad. Awk-ward. 

Joao is a major player, and he is stupid to be playing that game on such a small yacht with two young ladies who are wanting more than a fling. The shit is going to hit the fan. 

I’d like to know more about Jaime and Colin.

Hannah has a bad attitude. She always rolling her eyes, and making snarky comments under her breath. She consistently finds one crew member to shit on, and then talk about them behind their backs. She’s the very definition of a mean girl. 

I don’t believe that kasey didn’t know how padded her CV was and that  she didn’t look at it after it was altered. Naturally, this means nothing because it’s reality tv, and she was hired for different reasons. 

This group on board are very easy going, and a nice change from the previous charter. Adam sure picked up the pace, and it showed. His meals vastly improved and looked really delicious. 

I’m so jealous  that they get to be in such a beautiful location. I’d have a big smile on my face everyday. The Amalfi  coast is stunning. Positano is one place I always wished to visit — no yacht required. ?

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Bravo shows are so formulated with recycled story lines thru all of their shows and cast story lines and archs.

Time for Bravo to move on with some good old fashioned feel good shows!

All of us us deal with enough bad stuff on a daily basis, give us some good, fun and uplifting TV please! 

You said it.  Just said to the husband the other day while watching Grace Kelly & Frank Sinatra on Turner Classic, “why don’t they make musicals anymore”.   Years ago, we had good, clean t.v., beautiful movies, comedies and game shows. Now it’s reality shows, violence and action.  Then you have Bravo with a million shows that are mostly scripted, so you don’t know what to believe.  Give back good movies, cooking shows are good, travel, Smithsonian and my all time favorites, Colombo and Sherlock Holmes.  Guess you can tell my age, haha.

• Love 7
(edited)

Lets not forget that Kasey didn’t just lie about silver service and barista training she lied about the fact that she isn’t experienced enough to know that she gets seasick which also sidelined her for a full charter. And then she is a petulant tool about it.

Also, fuck you Sandy you were bitching at Kasey for not cleaning your quarters properly on the second charter. It’s been like a week and a half is Hannah supposed to teach her everything in that time when she didn’t even know how to do laundry and can’t follow directions about it.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 21

When Kasey got done barfing, it was apparent from the very beginning that she couldn't make a drink, did a crap job of cleaning, was baffled by laundry and whatever she didn't do in Sandy's cabin.  It's an entry-level job.  In the past, the other stews helped train them, i.e., Amy with Rocky.  The deckhands have done the same. Maybe if Hannah hadn't spent her usual amount of time patting herself on the back, complaining about the twit and trying, yet again, to find a crew member to like her, she could have delegated the job before the rest of the charters began.  Her resume would've been a bigger deal if she had been applying to be the main dish, and there may not be enough dynamite in the world to make her move her tail quicker, but I think they both blew it, one with the lie and the other with the drama.  

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Maybe if Hannah hadn't spent her usual amount of time patting herself on the back, c

We have seen her show her how to do laundry multiple times and this episode Kelsey snoted at Hannah that she didn’t need to have her checklist even though her cleaning was for shit.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Poor Brooke. She has to lie in her bunk , and listen to Hannah getting it on with Conrad. Awk-ward. 

Joao is a major player, and he is stupid to be playing that game on such a small yacht with two young ladies who are wanting more than a fling. The shit is going to hit the fan. 

I’d like to know more about Jaime and Colin.

Hannah has a bad attitude. She always rolling her eyes, and making snarky comments under her breath. She consistently finds one crew member to shit on, and then talk about them behind their backs. She’s the very definition of a mean girl. 

I don’t believe that kasey didn’t know how padded her CV was and that  she didn’t look at it after it was altered. Naturally, this means nothing because it’s reality tv, and she was hired for different reasons. 

This group on board are very easy going, and a nice change from the previous charter. Adam sure picked up the pace, and it showed. His meals vastly improved and looked really delicious. 

I’m so jealous  that they get to be in such a beautiful location. I’d have a big smile on my face everyday. The Amalfi  coast is stunning. Positano is one place I always wished to visit — no yacht required. ?

And another reason why Hannah is not a good supervisor.  How awkward is right - - and tacky - - to have your Chief Stew above you in bed with the Bosun.   Who does Conrad bunk with?  If I were Brooke, I'd be tempted to ask if I could take his bed so I wouldn't have to listen to the two of them doing whatever they were doing while I was trying to sleep.

I like Conrad but it seems that Hannah is rubbing off on him in a bad way.   Now it's clear to me why he and Hannah are attracted to each other.   He's too busy running around after her to do his job, making Joao look better.  Hannah's too busy flirting with Conrad and/or taking smoke breaks and/or badmouthing Kasey to keep an eye on the interior. 

Don't get me wrong - - I generally like Hannah but she needs to have her ass handed to her.  She certainly didn't like it last season when people were talking about her allegedly hooking up with the charter guest but she's okay with gossiping about Kasey's resume all over the boat.   If she had an issue with Kasey's resume, take it up with Kasey.  And not in front of Brooke, or anyone else.  

Of course that's what these BD shows are all about.  There's always one member of the interior that butts heads or ruffles feathers with the other two.

These charter guests were awesome.  I think that's how I would be on one of these luxury cruises.  Other than I don't eat red meat, I'd be thrilled with anything the chef made.  

Positano looked amazing.  I'm jealous.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

“why don’t they make musicals anymore”.

Oh they do, it's called Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.  It's got the drama of a Bravo show with a hilarious musical flair. :)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Im most annoyed with Sandy.  She’s far too involved for my liking.   And she absolutely tries to play the crew against each other.  Captain Lee rarely interferes, but I don’t think he loves the camera as much as Sandy.

Yes. It was an especially dick move when she not only brought in Joao to pilot the boat but then called in the other deck crew to clean out the garbage bins so she could shove it even further in their faces that Joao was piloting the boat. Of course this is probably mostly all producer driven, but Sandy has clearly gotten a very big head and thinks she's the "star".

• Love 18
9 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

But on the other hand Sandy, is not right to be getting after Hannah over failing to train her "by now".  Someone has been hired who has ranged from doing nothing because of sea sickness to as good as doing nothing because they lied to get hired on the boat and don't know how to do anything even things that are basic life skills.  Just doing Kasey's job for her is going to be more efficient for the crew than Hannah trying to do her own job, train Kasey from ground zero, and do the stuff Kasey does wrong or can't get to because she is learning.

Perhaps Captain Sandy should have been thinking, Kasey should have "gotten" this by now, as opposed to Hannah should have her trained by now. Kasey had both Hannah and Brooke training her, covering for her, and carrying  her.You could say Hannah gave her the benefit of the doubt for the past four charters. Even her interaction with the guests is mediocre.

Hannah should not have complained to everyone about Kasey lying on her resume. Only reason for that is to explain why interior wasn't as tight as to should be. It was petty. I mean I may have whispered to Brook , Conrad and Adam but not anyone else.

• Love 7

An amusing Tweet from Kate Chastain ( below deck og) shows her up to her neck in laundry on her very first charter. Literally up to her neck. In her book she mentions that she rarely saw topside she was so consumed with doing laundry all the time.  Pay your dues !

• Love 12
12 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Hannah is a real asshole to show Kasey's CV to everyone.  Kasey shouldn't have lied but Hannah shouldn't be in a management position. 

I've got no problem with that. Kasey is a lying liar who lied to everybody. Everyone has had to take up her slack and do her job or teach her what to do when she lied on her resume and said she could do it. With that small of a crew they were depending on her stated skill set. 

They have shown and outed resumes of other crew on both Below Decks.

It's entirely different than what Bugs did last season when she showed everybody the private texts between a charter guest, who forgot to log out of his account in the ship's complimentary ipad, and Hannah.

• Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

We have seen her show her how to do laundry multiple times and this episode Kelsey snoted at Hannah that she didn’t need to have her checklist even though her cleaning was for shit.

We also saw Kasey say that she has a degree in psychology and that this job can’t be harder than that.

Considering she can’t vacuum and had to wake up her superior to make a Bloody Mary, I guess it is!

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Considering she can’t vacuum and had to wake up jet superior to make a Bloody Mary, I guess it is!

And her idea of being a barista is that you take a pod and put it in the machine and press a button.

• Love 19
12 hours ago, fifty8th said:

They are both in the wrong, Kasey for lying to get what is essentially an entry level position and Hannah for gossiping about it to her peers. Hannah likes to remind people she is a manager but that is not how a manager should act. Sandy does have a bit of a point, Hannah should be training her, it is not like they can get a replacement in the middle of a charter, train her and see if she can be taught then if she can't you make Sandy's decision much easier.

If I've told my boss I know how to do something. I don't expect them to train me.

They can get a replacement mid charter. BD has done it plenty of times 

Don't forget production hired Kasey and nobody has a say in it, not the captain, not Hannah. Even if they found out she was lying and inept they kept her for the drama she would cause.

• Love 6

I will love watching Dick Cheese JBloW fuck up. Crossing my fingers that it happens.

Sandy would probably blame Hannah for that too just like she would blame Hannah for not replacing the worn out batteries in her Womanizer.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I've got no problem with that. Kasey is a lying liar who lied to everybody. Everyone has had to take up her slack and do her job or teach her what to do when she lied on her resume and said she could do it. With that small of a crew they were depending on her stated skill set. 

I also have no problem with it especially with regard to Brooke because it would explain a lot to her as to why she has to pick up Kasey's slack. Captain Sandy as well though I thought her blaming Hannah was crappy. It may be their 4th charter but Kasey was sick for the first 2, showed her incompetence in charter 3 and that's when Hannah looked at her CV. Asked Kasey about it before Charter 4 and went directly to Sandy. Seems totally reasonable to me. Not to mention the fact that everyone has tried to help her and she just seems above it all. 

• Love 21

Kasey is a Long Island Princess. She’s evidently been enabled because she doesn’t know how to do laundry and believes that putting a pod in a machine is the only way to make coffee. 

I good a giggle out of Colin chatting with his Mom about pizza. She sounded surprised that he liked the NYC version better. Sweet that she was worried that he was eating well but he is in Italy. The home of delicious food. 

• Love 8

Kelsey stating that her father basically harassed her mother until she was worn down and dated him and that their relationship was the best and what’s she wants for herself is basically setting her up for a shitty relationship or worse.

• Love 19

Hey Adam — "Fake it 'til you make it" does not mean lying on your resume.  

It means carrying yourself with confidence even if you lack experience or skills to do a job. 

As for firing Kasey, I think there's some truth in Sandy's statement that Hannah should have trained Kasey.  She had three charters in which to observe that Kasey, even if her resume were truthful, couldn't do the job. However, remember that Kasey was sick in bed for the first two charters and it took a while for Hannah to see that Kasey didn't know how to make coffee or a Bloody Mary. 

And Adam should not whine about how the guests clearing the table is messing with his desert timing.  If it makes the guest happy to clear his own dishes, despite Hannah's gentle insistence that she could do it, they have to let the guest do it and adjust desert delivery accordingly.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

should not whine about how the guests clearing the table is messing with his desert timing.  If it makes the guest happy to clear his own dishes, despite Hannah's gentle insistence that she could do it, they have to let the guest do it and adjust desert delivery accordingly.

Also, he hadn’t even started plating. Hannah isn’t a sloth so even with help that saves at most three to for minutes and most likely nothing because she had to talk to him which probably increased the time of clearing. Shut your stupid face Adam!

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

As for firing Kasey, I think there's some truth in Sandy's statement that Hannah should have trained Kasey.  She had three charters in which to observe that Kasey, even if her resume were truthful, couldn't do the job. However, remember that Kasey was sick in bed for the first two charters and it took a while for Hannah to see that Kasey didn't know how to make coffee or a Bloody Mary. 

From watching the first two or three charters, where was the time to properly train Kasey? She was sick as a dog and the other two , plus Jamie were working with extremely demanding  charter guests.  Kasey should have been trying harder the moment she could get her head out of the toilet. Or quit.

• Love 13

Also, while I have no respect for Kasey lying on her resume and she's obviously immature and spoiled, Sandy can only see when she is stepping up and working and trying to learn. The times when she was not doing a good job -- mixing up the laundry or asking Hannah how to make a Bloody Mary are not visible to Sandy.

And increasingly Sandy is seeing Conrad and Hannah sitting around and smoking or kissing, while others are scrambling to work.  Her praise and rewards for doing this seem justified. For all their flaws, Kasey and Joao are actually visibly working harder than Hannah and Conrad.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Kelsey stating that her father basically harassed her mother until she was worn down and dated him and that their relationship was the best and what’s she wants for herself is basically setting her up for a shitty relationship or worse.

I forgot about this!  It was so funny that she said that to JWOWW and he took that to mean she wanted someone sweet who would hold her hand and take care of her.  NOPE!!!  Only a stalker will do for her.  Figures.

• Love 2
(edited)

This is totally random but I feel like Hannah is the worst at describing food. Either she flat out doesn't do it or somehow just makes it sound boring. Even if it is a salad make it sound wonderful!

"Here we have a salad of seared sesame crusted ahi tuna, with a medley of locally sourced vegetables, and a ginger soy vinaigrette, served on a bed of organic baby greens." Instead she says "It's a Chinese salad,"

People know you're fluffing it up but that's what you do in nice high end restaurants! Do the same on a luxury super yacht!

Edited by butterflyeludesme
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Adam said , “You fake it til you make it” and that’s true sometimes...except she wasn’t making anything. She didn’t just lie about experience and training, she lacks life skills, like doing laundry and vacuuming. So padding your resume a bit, okay, but this was like signing up to be a cabbie but you’ve only ever driven a bumper car.

Sure Adam but Kasey used actual titles like Barista when she can only run a Keurig (God forbid they had a Mr. Coffee!!) and Silver Star service when she could not handle 2 people's orders for drinks first thing in the morning.  So many times I had to pick up the slack with those that lied on their resumes about experience and couldn't even perform the basic functions.  Kasey runs on 2 speeds - slow and stop and both come with attitude.   You can say you were stellar at a particular thing but only if you actually held the title or performed that actual service.

• Love 10

I think "resumegate" makes both Kasey and Hannah look ridiculous.

Kasey, you lied on your resume, you'd think that would make a person even slightly interested in paying attention when being "trained", alas, no.

Hannah, Kasey lying on her resume doesn't change the fact that the training consists of teaching people to change sheets and mix a gin and tonic, make the idiot some notes, your not training an EMT.

That being said I found it entertaining, so keep on keeping on with your ridiculous selves.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, butterflyeludesme said:

This is totally random but I feel like Hannah is the worst at describing food. Either she flat out doesn't do it or somehow just makes it sound boring. Even if it is a salad make it sound wonderful!

"Here we have a salad of seared sesame crusted ahi tuna, with a medley of locally sourced vegetables, and a ginger soy vinaigrette, served on a bed of organic baby greens." Instead she says "It's a Chinese salad,"

People know you're fluffing it up but that's what you do in nice high end restaurants! Do the same on a luxury super yacht!

I'm especially impressed when they can tell me the day to day life of the lamb on my plate. ;-D

I don't mind embellishment info but it sometimes can get to be a bit much, and yes, Hannah could do better with her descriptions.

• Love 1

I don’t think it’s such a trivial thing, especially when you are talking about a skilled-based position. She claimed to have skills she didn’t and Hannah made management decisions based on that info. She was so sick initially, her poor work performance could have been blamed on that. But now Hannah looks bad becasue one of her staff is underperforming.  Kasey’s lie is much bigger than any managerial transgression by Hannah.

Plus it wasn’t just an embellishment, but making up whole sets of skills and a credential (SIlver service) she didn’t earn. 

I agree with this. Hannah's not handling it well but to me a big issue is Kasey's attitude and slow-mo speed. She doesn't seem interested in learning or doing better. Any sort of go-getter would follow-up the bloody mary fiasco by asking Hannah to teach them the ten most important drinks and take notes on it. Often when people fudge their resume they are looking to improve and grow, she doesn't show that at all other than the Sandy kiss-up. She seems to be repeating the same mistakes over and over again then acts like what she is doing is good. That slowness in learning/interest and the attitude are what would drive me crazy.

Sandy does seem to be doing a lot of picking on senior staff this season and pitting them against others, not a good look for her.

• Love 14

Captain Lee‏Verified account @capthlr 16h16 hours ago

More

On charter is not the time you train, its the time you perform, you came on board with certain things expected of you, because you stated that you could do the job. Can you adapt, yes, will it be tough, hell yes. This isn't a dress rehearsal.

• Love 23

Third stew is definitely entry-level, but there are a couple issues here.  One, Kasey was basically MIA during the first charter and a half.  That should have been when Hannah was training her and she was learning the ropes.  Her being sick got her them off on a bad foot to start with.  Two, Kasey doesn't seem to have the sense God gave a goose.  She thought barista = bartender?  She didn't know you had to separate laundry?  

Both yes, Hannah is not a great supervisor, as we've seen time and time again.  She's a great Stewardess but terrible at managing people and even working with her peers, i.e. Adam.  

• Love 8
1 minute ago, esco1822 said:

Captain Lee‏Verified account @capthlr 16h16 hours ago

More

On charter is not the time you train, its the time you perform, you came on board with certain things expected of you, because you stated that you could do the job. Can you adapt, yes, will it be tough, hell yes. This isn't a dress rehearsal.

Exactly. And like someone said upthread, Kasey should already have been able to perform the duties she said she could do and those of basic life skills. All she should have had to do was find out how Hannah wanted it done and tweak it to meet Hannah's standards. 

Saying your taking responsibility for your lies and actually taking responsibility are two different things. Kasey shouldn't be giving anybody any lip and working her ass off all the time and not just  in front of Sandy and kissing her ass.

Sandy really likes ass kissers and she loves the smooches they give her, she's thirsty for affirmation,  but then she gets bent out of shape when she sees that she has been played.  Captain Lee doesn't believe the bullshit and doesn't need a "You the Bomb!" to have a better sense of self worth.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

So Kasey can finally manage to marginally use a vacuum and a rag and gets a good job. Joao does nothing but undermine his boson, and gets to drive the yacht. 

Reminds me of real life! The slackers at work get congratulated when they actually do their job, and the competent ones just get more work piled on because they are already good at what they do. And if they slip just a little, they get reprimanded for it. 

• Love 21
17 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Kasey shouldn't have padded her resume that much - of course it will bite you in the butt.  However, it was an entry level position and Hannah, in her position, should be able to train Kasey enough to get through the season.

But add this to the fact that she was seasick for two whole charters....

• Love 3
3 hours ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

Or me. And when hiring, I've never assumed anyone's resume is "embellished."

I've never embellished either - my skills were in line for the jobs I applied for... and I most certainly never lied. This whole Kasey thing screams of production manipulation though... the formulaic "and one stew who is useless" situation. They also have the "at least one deckhand who is a dick" cast member. They need to stop filling such roles and get decent people - but I guess it brings the drama. Sigh.  Adam has returned himself right back to the douchenozzle classification he had last season. Silly me thought he actually worked on his nasty side. Guess not. And as others have commented, I'm so over Capn Sandy. Pffft. 

43 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Exactly. And like someone said upthread, Kasey should already have been able to perform the duties she said she could do and those of basic life skills. All she should have had to do was find out how Hannah wanted it done and tweak it to meet Hannah's standards. 

Saying your taking responsibility for your lies and actually taking responsibility are two different things. Kasey shouldn't be giving anybody any lip and working her ass off all the time and not just  in front of Sandy and kissing her ass.

Sandy really likes ass kissers and she loves the smooches they give her, she's thirsty for affirmation,  but then she gets bent out of shape when she sees that she has been played.  Captain Lee doesn't believe the bullshit and doesn't need a "You the Bomb!" to have a better sense of self worth.

Totally agree.

Sigh. Capn Lee. Can't wait for the original BD to come back on screen. Also wish Ben was back. Or a Ben 2.0 equivalent chef. 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

Also wish Ben was back. Or a Ben 2.0

Yes please. I think that the easiest way to keep the guests happy is to feed them consistently great food. They can overlook a water spot on their shower but not a passionless plate of food. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I thought it was telling that given free rein with no dietary restrictions or limitations of ANY KIND, Adam turned out pretty unimaginative food.  Seared Ahi Tuna.  Cioppino with pasta in a -- gasp -- bowl!  Steak with creamed spinach and potatoes.  It looked fine, I'm sure it tasted great but it was boring.  Hell, it wasn't even as exotic as beef cheeks!  You could get it on any cruise  ship.  I do miss Ben.

Edited by Nancybeth
  • Love 13
52 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Reminds me of real life! The slackers at work get congratulated when they actually do their job, and the competent ones just get more work piled on because they are already good at what they do. And if they slip just a little, they get reprimanded for it. 

Are we coworkers? Just kidding, the slackers don't get congratulated...they get promoted. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

People who say things like “Well if SANDY likes it, that’s all that matters” drive me nuts. They kiss butt to the higher-ups and act in an insubordinate way towards their actual managers. It drive me nuts, but it seems to work. 

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, bosawks said:

I think "resumegate" makes both Kasey and Hannah look ridiculous.

Kasey, you lied on your resume, you'd think that would make a person even slightly interested in paying attention when being "trained", alas, no.

Hannah, Kasey lying on her resume doesn't change the fact that the training consists of teaching people to change sheets and mix a gin and tonic, make the idiot some notes, your not training an EMT.

That being said I found it entertaining, so keep on keeping on with your ridiculous selves.

She did!

Half way through the episode Hannah is checking out the piss poor job Kasey did cleaning a cabin.

Hannah to straight up asks her "Are you taking the cabin checklist with you?"

Kasey replies "I don't need it, I remember everything."

Hannah says "Well you obviously need it Kasey." 

Kasey" "I'm doing it, and I'm doing it fine."

You can't win with Kasey because nothing is her fault, she doesn't take responsibility, she can't take constructive criticism, she doesn't respect the hardship she puts on others.

Mom and dad should be ashamed for unleashing a sorry-ass piece of work daughter upon society.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 20

So, Conrad and Hannah shouldn't have made out in front of the entire show crew, but it doesn't look like Conrad is slacking on his job and Sandy's just taking issue with him because she knows about the Hannah relationship.

Sandy is all about camera time this season, (which I think is ridiculous, as a female Captain she's a shoe in to stay with the show, drama or no), and all about picking on Hannah.  Joao pulling Kasey aside to say, all she needs to do, is show the Captain that's she's working, is dumb.  Even dumber, Sandy is falling for it!

How was Hannah supposed to train Kasey, when she's been bedridden with seasickness and can't manage even doing simple laundry.  I get it, the third stew is always awful, but blaming the chief stew doesn't work.

Joao is just gross, hitting on both women.  Trying to take Conrad's job, I think because Conrad happens to be younger than him?  Conrad has a much cooler head than Joao.  And all of this kissing up to Sandy, won't help him in the end, his mouth will get him in trouble.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Giselle said:

She did!

Half way through the episode Hannah is checking out the piss poor job Kasey did cleaning a cabin.

Hannah to straight up asks her "Are you taking the cabin checklist with you?"

Kasey replies "I don't need it, I remember everything."

Hannah says "Well you obviously need it Kasey." 

Kasey" "I'm doing it, and I'm doing it fine."

You can't win with Kasey because nothing is her fault, she doesn't take responsibility, she can't take constructive criticism, she doesn't respect the hardship she puts on others.

Mom and dad should be ashamed for unleashing a sorry-ass piece of work daughter upon society.

Yup, that's when I lost any remaining shred of compassion for Kasey.  I believe this was AFTER it was discovered that her CV was embellished, so basically she was already on thin ice.  She could have probably been okay with, "Oh, I forgot the checklist, I'll bring it next time."  But she kept going with her bullshit excuses and lack of responsibility, meanwhile openly sucking up to Sandy (her boss' boss).  Hannah may not be a great manager but Kasey is a terrible employee.

• Love 11