Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Hasta Barista, Baby!

• Start Topic

Hannah's ongoing struggle with her underperforming Third Stew comes to a head when she learns Kasey lied on her resume. Meanwhile, Captain Sandy is concerned by Conrad's growing feelings for Hannah when their romance results in distractions from Conrad's duties. On the heels of a dining charter from hell, Adam is overjoyed when he learns he has free reign in the galley with his new charter guests. And, much to Conrad's dismay, Joao's strong work ethic is rewarded by Captain Sandy.

Airs June 19, 2018.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, psychoticstate said:

Hannah is a real asshole to show Kasey's CV to everyone.  Kasey shouldn't have lied but Hannah shouldn't be in a management position. 

Very unprofessional on Hannah’s part.

• Love 14
(edited)
4 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Hannah is a real asshole to show Kasey's CV to everyone.  Kasey shouldn't have lied but Hannah shouldn't be in a management position. 

If you don't want to be embarrassed, don't lie your ass off on your resume, don't put Silver Service, if you don't know what it is.  What does it matter that Hannah showed it to people?  We saw it.   

Kasey's excuse was even lamer.  "I never looked at it.  I had a friend tweak it."  WTF, you never looked at it? 

Sandy likes Joal, or whatever his name is, figures, he's an asshole just like her.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Good management doesn’t screw with other employees (Conrad). 

• Love 9

Kasey really pisses me off.  I worked in a place where we had to fire someone because she lied on her resume, and had someone else do her phone interview (she was overseas).  She wanted to come to the US, not to work but for something else.  So excuse me if I take lying on a resume seriously. 

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Good management doesn’t screw with other employees (Conrad). 

"Hannah, Hannah, Hannah; did you like Bobby and the rest salivating over your communicating with a guest?" I think his name was Jason and he kissed her behind the scenes last season! ;-)

• Love 2

She’s completely unrepentant. “ I take complete responsibility, but it’s not my fault because someone else wrote it, and I’m not going to even try to act like I did anything wrong”

• Love 22
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Kasey really pisses me off.  I worked in a place where we had to fire someone because she lied on her resume, and had someone else do her phone interview (she was overseas).  She wanted to come to the US, not to work but for something else.  So excuse me if I take lying on a resume seriously. 

It's so hard for me to relate! I never, ever considered fudging on my resume; as a matter of fact I kept it so light people suggested added more! I blew it off! If someone doesn't want to hire me because I don't fill up 4 pages of BS, I'd just assume not work for them anyway! I've always kept it "real" and got away with never embellishing in any way when it came to my experience working with computers! It just wasn't necessary! ;-)

• Love 9

Kasey shouldn't have padded her resume that much - of course it will bite you in the butt.  However, it was an entry level position and Hannah, in her position, should be able to train Kasey enough to get through the season.  

Kasey should not act petulant about the cleaning.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I felt so bad for Brooke.  That's happened to me before, staff meeting called that turns into a disciplinary action on one employee.  It's awkward, awful and I had no business being in there. 

Regardless of what the other employee did, I thought less of my supervisor for doing that in a group setting.

• Love 14
Just now, Neurochick said:

The only reason Joal or whatever his name is, doesn't mind that Kasey lied on her resume, is because she's blonde and cute.  If she were neither, he'd be like, "fire her!"

My guess is that JWOWW supports her also because Hannah is annoyed by her—and Hannah is snogging his rival.

• Love 7

They are both in the wrong, Kasey for lying to get what is essentially an entry level position and Hannah for gossiping about it to her peers. Hannah likes to remind people she is a manager but that is not how a manager should act. Sandy does have a bit of a point, Hannah should be training her, it is not like they can get a replacement in the middle of a charter, train her and see if she can be taught then if she can't you make Sandy's decision much easier.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, MJS said:

Adam is way to grumpy at Hannah. She described the carrot cake perfectly. What is she supposed to do when the guest begins clearing?

I guess Hannah could trip the guy like Benson from the old Susan Harris series, "Soap!" "This is my job turkey!" ;-)

• Love 10
1 minute ago, MJS said:

Adam is way to grumpy at Hannah. She described the carrot cake perfectly. What is she supposed to do when the guest begins clearing?

Right?  Especially when they are never supposed to say "no" to a guest.  If that's what makes him happy he should be able to do it and Adam should be able to adjust. 

And while I am glad Adam is able to show off his skills, I do miss those fries...

• Love 9

Hannah is an ultra bitch .... she’s that kind of person that talks shit behind someone’s back to everyone else to get the crew to turn on Kasey ... don’t get me wrong Kasey shouldn’t of lied but who doesn’t embellish their resume to stand out in the hiring process. Kasey isn’t the brightest person but I think she’s trying but that bitch Hannah doesn’t care she’s gonna do everything she can to make Kasey look like shit even more instead of trying to coach her up like a good leader would ... Hannah is ugly inside and out 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, bosawks said:

At least we’re back to primarily complaining about the utter whatthefuckery of the crew instead of the horrible customers.

Glass half full!

These guests are a dream and Adam should be thanking his holy stars instead of snapping at Hannah over a guest clearing the table before his dessert's done! Idiot! ;-)

• Love 12

I thought it was a given that everyone pads/fudges their resume.  I’ve never lied but definitely embellished!  When I was looking at resumes for hiring, I’ve assumed they are embellishing too.

I do agree that one should not lie about specific credentials, especially when they have a skill set!

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

These guests are a dream and Adam should be thanking his holy stars instead of snapping at Hannah over a guest clearing the table before his dessert's done! Idiot! ;-)

I like Adam. I was annoyed with him.  It was fun.  Hannah was fun.  The guest was fun.  ALL the guests were fun.

It's not like they were going to complain.  These people are my people. We don't get worked up.  We are having too much fun to realize dessert is 10 minutes later.

I call PTSD from the previous 2 charters.

He's in fear of someone ordering french fries and it's making him cranky.

I embellished my resume when I was a teenager.  Not out and out lies Kasey but more making my skills sound a little more import than they were:

Provided hydration for large crowds at rapid and efficient pace

Really meant:

I ran the drink station at Wendy's during the dinner rush.

; )

Edited by dosodog
Confession....
  • Love 10

I don't see why Hannah was so mad.  The wording on Kasey's resume didn't get her hired, that stupid bikini pic did.  This is Bravo after all  :-)

The food looked awesome today, I now have a mad craving for key lime pie...

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well, you asked.

I don’t think it’s such a trivial thing, especially when you are talking about a skilled-based position. She claimed to have skills she didn’t and Hannah made management decisions based on that info. She was so sick initially, her poor work performance could have been blamed on that. But now Hannah looks bad becasue one of her staff is underperforming.  Kasey’s lie is much bigger than any managerial transgression by Hannah.

Plus it wasn’t just an embellishment, but making up whole sets of skills and a credential (SIlver service) she didn’t earn. Makes you wonder who didn’t get the job becasue Kasey lied.

I’ll take my gold star. 

I’m not saying what Kasey did was right .. I’m just pointing out people like to puff up theirs resume within reason to stand out .... I’m not saying lie about having certain training or whatnot but cmon quit trying to defend Hannah she’s just as shady ... talks shit behind everyone’s back ... bangs a guest and lies about it( so really isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black ) but I guess it’s okay to lie to your supervisor but not on a resume to get an entry level position ... Hannah thinks she’s better than the rest of the crew and it’s irrirating .... she needs to be knocked down a couple of notches 

• Love 4

Management decisions should not include gossiping about it to her peers especially since she is staying for at least the charter, it was like a reaction to Sandy letting her stay, if she s going to stay I'm going to make sure everyone hates her type of thing. Yes Kasey should not of lied but MUCH bigger transgression is pushing it, Hannah is a manager and they are held to a higher standard which I don't see Hannah reaching.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Finally some wonderful guests with manners and appreciation.

I loved it when the one guest said "how lucky are we"!

Gratitude for your life and the way you are able to live it are wonderful!

No kidding! I would give just about anything to have a yachting experience like that. Just enjoy it!

• Love 11

There's a difference between presenting your resume in the most positive light and full out lying on it. Kasey full out lied, or rather had her friend lie on it since she didn't write it or even bother to read it. 

So Kasey can finally manage to marginally use a vacuum and a rag and gets a good job. Joao does nothing but undermine his boson, and gets to drive the yacht. Maybe he'll get promoted next week when he yet again attacks Hannah. Tell us again about your standards for your crew Sandy. 

What did Adam expect Hannah to do, tackle the guy who was clearing plates? And unless they brought back all the plates piece by piece, a guest having fun and clearing really shouldn't derail Adam's desserts. 

I'm loving these guests though. They are fun and one of the best groups I remember ever seeing on any version o Below Deck. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

If you don't want to be embarrassed, don't lie your ass off on your resume, don't put Silver Service, if you don't know what it is.  What does it matter that Hannah showed it to people?  We saw it.   

Kasey's excuse was even lamer.  "I never looked at it.  I had a friend tweak it."  WTF, you never looked at it? 

Sandy likes Joal, or whatever his name is, figures, he's an asshole just like her.

Bet her parents knew somebody that got her on the show.  With a resume like that, she shouldn’t have been hired for a charter in the Med no less.  

• Love 2

I really watch this show for the beautiful locations, happy guests having a great time and the food!

I could care less about the producer driven crew plot lines they are the same formula every season. One bad or incompotent deck crew member and one bad interior crew member. Throw in a mix some drunk crew shenanigans .

Yes, the bad guests are fun to snark on but the great guests are the best and allow us to see more of the beautiful port cities and true enjoyment being had by ALL.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

I really watch this show for the beautiful locations, happy guests having a great time and the food!

I could care less about the producer driven crew plot lines they are the same formula every season. One bad or incompotent deck crew member and one bad interior crew member. Throw in a mix some drunk crew shenanigans .

Yes, the bad guests are fun to snark on but the great guests are the best and allow us to see more of the beautiful port cities and true enjoyment being had by ALL.

I agree with everything you said.  Couldn’t have said it better.  You see one episode .. you’ve seen them all.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Adam said , “You fake it til you make it” and that’s true sometimes...except she wasn’t making anything. She didn’t just lie about experience and training, she lacks life skills, like doing laundry and vacuuming. So padding your resume a bit, okay, but this was like signing up to be a cabbie but you’ve only ever driven a bumper car.

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 18
19 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I agree with everything you said.  Couldn’t have said it better.  You see one episode .. you’ve seen them all.  

Bravo shows are so formulated with recycled story lines thru all of their shows and cast story lines and archs.

Time for Bravo to move on with some good old fashioned feel good shows!

All of us us deal with enough bad stuff on a daily basis, give us some good, fun and uplifting TV please! 

• Love 2