Type keyword(s) to search

S14.02: Destination Videos 2018.06.17

• Start Topic

(edited)
14 hours ago, Brookside said:

You need to explain this to us non-Slovaks!

Hmmm. Let’s see how I can say this and remain PC. People from Poland? Said in a very non-PC way?

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

I'm not sure at what point the "food novelist" decided that her 1 minute segment was when she was supposed to summarize her 350 page book for the viewers.  We don't want to hear about eating rats in Madagascar.  Doesn't she already know this?  Has she ever watched TFN?

Yes - that made no sense to me.  She just needed to present the food, it wasn't a book report!  And there had to be other personal angles she could have used instead of being poor and eating rats.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, cherbitrary said:

Yes - that made no sense to me.  She just needed to present the food, it wasn't a book report!  And there had to be other personal angles she could have used instead of being poor and eating rats.

She absolutely thinks she needs to reference her book anytime she speaks. It must be drilled into her head that it’s her “point of view.”

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:
1 hour ago, smiley13 said:

Palak is the unfortunate name to me.  I see Pallet.

I see something else. Sorry, I am Slovak. 

I see her as one of my favorite Indian dishes.  Palak paneer.  Seriously. 

palak_paneer_2016.jpg

2 hours ago, J-Man said:

Presumably we are not done with Samone and last week's two losers--how long until "Star Salvation" starts?

She won't make it far there either.  I don't remember if all eliminated are on that or just the ones closer to the end. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Wings said:

I see her as one of my favorite Indian dishes.  Palak paneer.  Seriously. 

palak_paneer_2016.jpg

She won't make it far there either.  I don't remember if all eliminated are on that or just the ones closer to the end. 

Paneer Mahkani is my favorite. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, J-Man said:

Not that I think she has any chance of winning, but I'm glad Rebekah didn't get eliminated just because she did a segment on something that was allegedly not outside of her comfort zone. She really didn't have any say in the matter and was just being a team player by agreeing to take what was left after everyone else chose. Would burgers have been outside of anyone's comfort zone? (On the other team, there was at least one person who'd been a vegetarian.) 

I thought that was really unfair too.  When she was asked if she was okay with it, she really didn't have much choice, and my first thought was that it wouldn't be fair if it was held against her.  It really put her at a disadvantage, and she should not have been called out for it when it was not something she chose.  The category shouldn't even have been an option - There's a reason why no one else wanted it.

19 hours ago, Surrealist said:

Samone wasn't the greatest contestant and got stuck in her own head, but her challenge teammates (Katie and Rebekah) let her down too. 

I agree.  I'm not sure how far she would have gone, but she had two bad breaks one right after the other.

I think it's really hard on these type of shows to speak up without looking like a PITA or risk being accused of not being a team player.  I would have had a very hard time not speaking up for myself in both of these scenarios.

18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Amy can also kiss my ass. Harrison told Rebekah that if they had time at the end they could try one at the end and then Amy busted in and said “oh let’s do it now.” No, she had more than enough time and was bragging about her YouTube videos so wait and let other people have a chance.

Absolutely they should have moved on, and only gone back to her if time allowed.  That was ridiculously unfair, and gave her a clear advantage that no one else had.  I can't stand selfish people, but the others also should have put a stop to it.   A limit should have been established for all of them.

17 hours ago, GaT said:

I still don't understand how someone (Adam) who has already hosted FN shows can be on this show. 

I like Adam, but I don't understand this either.  If I was one of the others, I wouldn't be happy.  Why is he there?  It seems either unfair or pointless, maybe both.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Amy can also kiss my ass. Harrison told Rebekah that if they had time at the end they could try one at the end and then Amy busted in and said “oh let’s do it now.” No, she had more than enough time and was bragging about her YouTube videos so wait and let other people have a chance.

Absolutely they should have moved on, and only gone back to her if time allowed.  That was ridiculously unfair, and gave her a clear advantage that no one else had.  I can't stand selfish people, but the others also should have put a stop to it.   A limit should have been established for all of them.

Good points, all. Rebekah would not have been able to do what she did if someone on that team had taken a leadership role. By default, that should have been Amy due to her experience on the show, but any of the others could have stepped up. Of course, on any reality show, stepping up like that can be a double-edged sword, but being afraid of failing in that position should probably disqualify you from winning this show anyway. I will predict right now that the winner of this show will not come from that team.

• Love 7
(edited)

Eyeroll for me was when Amy complained, all the inertia that I accumulated during Comeback Kitchen is rolling away.   You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means.  

And when Giada bitched out Amy for not taking a bite of the chicken.  As if Giada would ever take a bite of anything!

Someone mentioned it upthread and I agree, that it was pretty unfair of the judges to ding Rebekah for picking burgers when she chose last and had to take what was left. 

Speaking of the judges, when will they stop pretending the guest judges do any judging?  They throw in some comments and then they leave.  As if Bobby Flay really needs the valuable comments of Damaris.  Although for me, Blais and his pretentious pomposity can leave before he arrives.  Other competitions have guest judges whose votes actually count.  Why is it a panel of two, anyway, when it used to be at least four, counting Kermit and Medusa?  And where's the damn vagina table?  I need to know!

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 10

Samone was just unpleasant to watch.  Her performances on both challenges were so angry that you were uncomfortable watching.  I thought they'd let her stick around for the drama, but no.

Adam's ringer status is getting worse.  In both this and Comeback Kitchen, he made mistakes that someone with his experience in television wouldn't make.  He even did a show on Cooking where he did a post mortem on NFNS and had the eliminated contestants on.  In the team challenge, there was no way he wasn't going to pick Amy but he was clearly told to pick someone else.

Incidentally, if anyone remembers Adam's season, it was the most interesting examples of producer interference at the time.  Adam was in the finale 3 along with Lisa and Aaron.  The belief was pretty strong that they wanted Aaron to have a show to pair with the Neelys   For the final 3, they went to the Wynn Las Vegas and cooked a buffet for the chefs and employees of the hotel.  Adam went back to his smokehouse roots and did a barbeque that everyone went crazy over.  I think the judges said he was the runaway winner from both the chefs and and employees.  Lisa did a nice presentation where she sang but Aaron bombed huge when he pretended to cry.  Aaron was obviously going to be eliminated but since that didn't go with the script, they brought all of them into the finale and were able to eliminate Lisa and Adam.  Aaron's series lasted, I believe, two seasons and more than a few people said they couldn't understand him without Closed Captioning.

I'm fascinated to see how they're going to use Adam.

• Love 4

When Bobby told the contestants they were only going to be able to use one tool, I was convinced it would either be the return of Pie Style or Chef™ Matthew™ Grunwald™. Seeing the microphone filled me with disappointment, just like I imagine most of the food cooked on this show would.

“Coming out of Orlando, I was really hoping it would be an individual challenge.” Why, Katie? Because you want to channel the spirit of individuality and uniqueness that Disney has done with all its empowering, body-positive female protagonists? Or maybe you’re the president of the Del Boca Vista condo association and that’s made you a megalomaniac?

“Hot behind! Hot behind!” Lord honey, does this show’s objectification of Harrison know no shame? I am clutching my pearl necklace.

Richard Blais has apparently adopted Eureka out of drag as his hairstyle icon. I generally like the idea of Food Network presenters appropriating style tips from drag queens, but this is an exception to that rule.

The Proud Bird would be the perfect name for Lord Honey’s cooking show. Too bad there’s no chance he’ll ever get one, at least on this channel.

Whenever I see a category labeled Handhelds on a menu, I paraphrase Lucille Bluth: “I don’t know what that is, and I don’t care to find out.”

I’m so distracted that both contestant presenting chicken and waffles have chosen to tie their shirts just above the crotch. It’s very upper merkin, which is potentially avant-garde but I don’t think that describes Food Network’s target audience.

I love how the “food novelist” said that, when her mom was growing up, “meat was really tight” so she learned to “pack [a juicy burger] with as much meat as you can.” Did she write 50 Shades of Paté? “His spicy chorizo was bursting its casing as it plunged into her quivering mound of love pudding.” I hope she makes something with geoduck before her inevitable ejection from this show.

I think I've seen Samone on reality TV before, but unlike most of these people, it wasn't on a Food Network show. She was either a pageant organizer and host on Toddlers and Tiaras or someone from Hoarders. Maybe both?

"The descriptions were not correct for a pizza" is one of those sentences that should never actually mean anything, but somehow manages to be accurate in the context of this ridiculous show. And that's the only nice thing I have to say about this episode.

• Love 11
On 6/17/2018 at 8:50 PM, mlp said:

Amy has an unpleasant side to her personality too.  I thought so last season and she doesn't seem any different.  Nothing about her cooking stands out.  I don't get what FN sees in her.

I agree. She always seems to have a sneer on her face and she has the personality of a turnip.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Someone mentioned it upthread and I agree, that it was pretty unfair of the judges to ding Rebekah for picking burgers when she chose last and had to take what was left. 

Did Rebekah not mention this? “It was the only choice left” or something? Anything? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Did Rebekah not mention this? “It was the only choice left” or something? Anything? 

Not that I recall,  but there is that whole editing business.   They just wanted Gee-ah-da to be able to claim that Rebekah didn't follow the challenge guidelines.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, meowmommy said:

And when Giada bitched out Amy for not taking a bite of the chicken.  As if Giada would ever take a bite of anything!

If I knew how to make a gif I would capture Giada tasting Palak's fried chicken in the first episode!  I think she nicked the edge of the batter with her big teeth and surely didn't swallow.  

11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

To be fair Giada is famous for her tiny bites but at least they are bites.

Barely!

IIRC the judging has always been rangey.  They really didn't care that Rebekah had the burger, they had to say something.  They are looking for a personality that works on TV, that is it.  And Rebekah ain't it.  <eye roll> 

• Love 3
On 6/17/2018 at 11:29 PM, jmthrd said:

Rebekah telling Simone to leave time for Manny, after sucking down a half hour to film her segment, earned her a spot in my all time hall of fame Food Network Star finalists.

There's no chance she's going to win but if by some miracle it happens, give her a Beat Bobby Flay type show where she can just break whatever rules of the challenge she wants and I'd never miss an episode.

Oh, it can be on after "Manny's Mix-And-Match"! Contestants listen to him talk and they try to guess what food he was describing.

I actually agree it's not really Rebekah's fault she was stuck with the burgers, and she mainly did herself a disservice by describing it as something she could make at home. But that bothered me for a different reason. If you're doing "Destination Food", isn't that rather like saying "Come on out... or don't bother!"

• Love 3
18 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Eyeroll for me was when Amy complained, all the inertia that I accumulated during Comeback Kitchen is rolling away.   You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means.  

Speaking of the judges, when will they stop pretending the guest judges do any judging?  They throw in some comments and then they leave.  As if Bobby Flay really needs the valuable comments of Damaris.  Although for me, Blais and his pretentious pomposity can leave before he arrives.  Other competitions have guest judges whose votes actually count.  Why is it a panel of two, anyway, when it used to be at least four, counting Kermit and Medusa?  And where's the damn vagina table?  I need to know!

It has been replaced by the “lady parts” red chairs the judges sat in. Who Does The Set Design For This Show??..

Reminds me of the Everybody Loves Raymond episode where Marie does her famous lady parts sculpture.

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:50 PM, mlp said:

I understood why Simone was annoyed at the beginning of both segments but, boy, she has a nasty streak and doesn't handle frustration well at all.  She and her Guy Fieri hairdo needed to go.

Amy has an unpleasant side to her personality too.  I thought so last season and she doesn't seem any different.  Nothing about her cooking stands out.  I don't get what FN sees in her.

I like Christian but his grammar needs work and so does his fashion sense.  I like Manny too but he seems either hyped up or terrified all the time.  I doubt he'll get a lot farther.

So far I haven't picked anyone I'm actually pulling for.

Yeah, anger is not a good look for a potential "FN Star." Samone's comments about Katie during the first challenge were way over the top. She had it in for her from the start. Don't want to ignite any controversy, but we've seen it before on this show, where a "large" woman is overly hostile towards a thin woman. I know that's a stereotype, but in this case it seems to apply. Samone clearly was going to be history after this episode. It always amazes me that FN gives us contestants who have a hostile personality and don't even seem happy to be on the show.

I didn't like Bobby and Giada laughing at Manny's difficulties with articulating during the podcast challenge. You would think that the minimum requirement for being on TV would be speaking clearly. If he can't do that he should never have been given a spot on this show.

Agree with you about Amy. There's a "mean girl" edge too her. At the same time, she tries to sell herself as "little Susie Homemaker." I remember when my son was little and I would have to accompany him to school social events. There was usually at least one sarcastic mom who you suspected might've been spiking her punch with vodka. That's the vibe I get from Amy.

Sorry to play the role of English language usage policeman, but Amy said that she was concerned she'd lost her "inertia" from winning the comeback show. She should've said "momentum," as "inertia" means exactly the opposite of what she meant.

Then there was Samone saying that her heart "literally jumped out of my chest." Boy, I'm glad that I must've turned away from the TV while that was happening, because there's no way I wanted to see that. I imagine there was a lot of blood.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, meowmommy said:

And where's the damn vagina table?  I need to know!

It made an appearance at the very end of Comeback Kitchen - startled me, at the time. I went back just now to doublecheck, and it's only at the very end - in the earlier part of the last episode, they used a shorter, more casual dark wood table for judging.  

• Love 1

I don’t mind Amy but i think it is a joke that Adam is on the show.  I know that a bunch of them have prior TV experience but he was on FN already so how can that make him the “next” food network star unless what they really mean is “The Next Person who used to be on Food Network and We are determined to Try Once Again to Make a Star.”  And i say that as someone who enjoyed Adam on Best Thing I Ever Ate.  But this show is supposed to be about introducing new people not repackaging people who have already been on.  Although if they have any self-awareness if he wins maybe they will make the final challenge be about making something interesting with pre-packaged food...

• Love 2
21 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Yes, and she also was a good sport about it.  Someone asked if she was okay with it, and she said yes since there really wasn't much choice, and I'm sure she wanted to be a good team player.  Saying, "No, it's not okay" would have made her look like a pain-in-the-ass diva, especially because everyone else was happy with their choices and would have been annoyed at the prospect of having to give them up.  So she really had to just accept it when, at least IMO, burgers shouldn't have even been a category in the first place.   She started out with a disadvantage because her back was up against the wall thru no fault of her own.

I don't expect this show (or any competition show) to be perfect, but it would be nice if we would see at least a few attempts to make the competition at least somewhat fair.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, rhys said:

Clearly I'm an idiot. What is the vagina table? 

Surprisingly, there aren't many photos of it online. You would get a better idea from a higher perspective, but...

BobbyFlayGiadaDe_1524004193710-18-HR.thumb.jpg.6057da50379cf8e167cce9a7f6bd0663.jpg

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bluepiano said:

Sorry to play the role of English language usage policeman, but Amy said that she was concerned she'd lost her "inertia" from winning the comeback show. She should've said "momentum," as "inertia" means exactly the opposite of what she meant.

Well, the science geek in me is now forced to point out that inertia is technically correct, because it means resistance to change in state (Newton's Laws of Motion and all that), and her forward movement has been slowed/stopped by these events. It's only usage that has turned the word "inertia" into a synonym for "not wanting to move" and thus made it confusing. Still, these days only a science geek like me would know that :) .

• Love 8

The "burger" place was actually "Burgers and Handhelds," so they didn't HAVE to pick a burger. They have a Cubano sandwich on their menu, so they could have easily picked that as "outside (their) comfort zone" food.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/20/2018 at 5:02 AM, cameron said:

Did anyone else think that Damaris Phillips looked different on this show?  I almost didn't recognize her except for her voice.

Her hair and make up wasprofessionally done and on GGG we don't see her as polished.  I think that was it.  I am sure they have stylists on the GGG set too but it is very casual show.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1
On 6/17/2018 at 10:19 PM, rustyspigot said:

Oh right. Blais's cinnamon roll head. He does seem to top himself with the next horrible hairstyle.

Well, he does have a podcast called Starving for Attention, so...yeah.

(and of course that’s the name of his podcast. OF COURSE)

• Love 4
On 6/20/2018 at 5:02 AM, cameron said:

Did anyone else think that Damaris Phillips looked different on this show?  I almost didn't recognize her except for her voice.

yes and I am guessing that she lost a few pounds plus fillers--I was stunned at how different she looked.

• Love 2
On 6/20/2018 at 7:06 AM, plurie said:

The "burger" place was actually "Burgers and Handhelds," so they didn't HAVE to pick a burger. They have a Cubano sandwich on their menu, so they could have easily picked that as "outside (their) comfort zone" food.

Good catch!  I only heard that in passing, and didn't process it completely.  You're right - Choosing something else there would have been a far better way to go.

(edited)
On 6/19/2018 at 7:14 PM, call me ishmael said:

I don’t mind Amy but i think it is a joke that Adam is on the show.  I know that a bunch of them have prior TV experience but he was on FN already so how can that make him the “next” food network star unless what they really mean is “The Next Person who used to be on Food Network and We are determined to Try Once Again to Make a Star.”  And i say that as someone who enjoyed Adam on Best Thing I Ever Ate.  But this show is supposed to be about introducing new people not repackaging people who have already been on.  Although if they have any self-awareness if he wins maybe they will make the final challenge be about making something interesting with pre-packaged food...

Agreed! Adam is such a snore and I find him hard to look at, like his massive ego is some big smelly cloud around him. Unpopular opinion: I like Amy. She makes me laugh and appears authentic with her goofy mess-ups and eye-rolling.  Katie made no impression at all- I had to Google her and am still unsure if I was looking at images of the same woman on the show. Long dark hair? Samone got some bad breaks but she wasn't able to brush them off and move forward at all.  Also, I LOVED the food novelist talk about eating rats!  This show is all about the eff-ups over here, if it was smooth and polished I wouldn't watch at all.  Hopefully Harrison sticks around, he and Bobby Flay are nice eye candy.

Edited by Kickboxer
change word (isn't that usually the reason?)
  • Love 1
On 6/18/2018 at 11:01 PM, Aerobicidal said:

When Bobby told the contestants they were only going to be able to use one tool, I was convinced it would either be the return of Pie Style or Chef™ Matthew™ Grunwald™. Seeing the microphone filled me with disappointment, just like I imagine most of the food cooked on this show would.

“Coming out of Orlando, I was really hoping it would be an individual challenge.” Why, Katie? Because you want to channel the spirit of individuality and uniqueness that Disney has done with all its empowering, body-positive female protagonists? Or maybe you’re the president of the Del Boca Vista condo association and that’s made you a megalomaniac?

“Hot behind! Hot behind!” Lord honey, does this show’s objectification of Harrison know no shame? I am clutching my pearl necklace.

Richard Blais has apparently adopted Eureka out of drag as his hairstyle icon. I generally like the idea of Food Network presenters appropriating style tips from drag queens, but this is an exception to that rule.

The Proud Bird would be the perfect name for Lord Honey’s cooking show. Too bad there’s no chance he’ll ever get one, at least on this channel.

Whenever I see a category labeled Handhelds on a menu, I paraphrase Lucille Bluth: “I don’t know what that is, and I don’t care to find out.”

I’m so distracted that both contestant presenting chicken and waffles have chosen to tie their shirts just above the crotch. It’s very upper merkin, which is potentially avant-garde but I don’t think that describes Food Network’s target audience.

I love how the “food novelist” said that, when her mom was growing up, “meat was really tight” so she learned to “pack [a juicy burger] with as much meat as you can.” Did she write 50 Shades of Paté? “His spicy chorizo was bursting its casing as it plunged into her quivering mound of love pudding.” I hope she makes something with geoduck before her inevitable ejection from this show.

I think I've seen Samone on reality TV before, but unlike most of these people, it wasn't on a Food Network show. She was either a pageant organizer and host on Toddlers and Tiaras or someone from Hoarders. Maybe both?

"The descriptions were not correct for a pizza" is one of those sentences that should never actually mean anything, but somehow manages to be accurate in the context of this ridiculous show. And that's the only nice thing I have to say about this episode.

Sorry to quote the whole post for this one sentence. I so agree with you on this "trendy" re-naming thing. It reminds me of the Applebee's commercial which I truly abhor.  Where they advertise APPS and HANDHELDS. It is an appetizer and a sandwich. Don't be so cocky that we all just love these new naming trends. I refuse to visit an Applebee's just because of that. I blame this on Rachel Ray and her "delish" and "sammys" trend.

• Love 4
On 6/18/2018 at 10:34 PM, gingerormaryann said:

Incidentally, if anyone remembers Adam's season, it was the most interesting examples of producer interference at the time.  Adam was in the finale 3 along with Lisa and Aaron.  The belief was pretty strong that they wanted Aaron to have a show to pair with the Neelys   For the final 3, they went to the Wynn Las Vegas and cooked a buffet for the chefs and employees of the hotel.  Adam went back to his smokehouse roots and did a barbeque that everyone went crazy over.  I think the judges said he was the runaway winner from both the chefs and and employees.  Lisa did a nice presentation where she sang but Aaron bombed huge when he pretended to cry.  Aaron was obviously going to be eliminated but since that didn't go with the script, they brought all of them into the finale and were able to eliminate Lisa and Adam.  Aaron's series lasted, I believe, two seasons and more than a few people said they couldn't understand him without Closed Captioning.

I'm fascinated to see how they're going to use Adam.

Thanks for reminding me about Adam's first season.  I was rooting for Lisa at the time and felt she got a raw deal.  I always saw Adam as a smarmy Marc Summers protege.  

I remember Aaron  was called "marble mouth" because people couldn't understand him.  He was a great guy, just not ready for TV in my opinion.  But according to Wikipedia, he lasted 6 seasons and filmed 77 episodes, so he was on longer than I thought too.  Who knew?

I can't see them letting Adam win because if they did everyone would say the show was fixed, and even though we know it is, I can't believe they'd make it so obvious.

On 6/18/2018 at 10:32 PM, meowmommy said:

Why is it a panel of two, anyway, when it used to be at least four, counting Kermit and Medusa?  And where's the damn vagina table?  I need to know!

I think I saw it used on "Comeback Kitchen".  I'm pretty sure I saw it, only I don't think they lit it up.

I miss Kermit and Medusa too.  Bobby and Giada alone don't cut it for me.  I wish they'd bring Valerie and Tyler on FNS.

On 6/22/2018 at 3:51 PM, margol29 said:

Sorry to quote the whole post for this one sentence. I so agree with you on this "trendy" re-naming thing. It reminds me of the Applebee's commercial which I truly abhor.  Where they advertise APPS and HANDHELDS. It is an appetizer and a sandwich. Don't be so cocky that we all just love these new naming trends. I refuse to visit an Applebee's just because of that. 

That's the only reason you refuse to visit an Applebee's?  LOL, just teasing, despite appearances I'm not that much of a food snob!  ;-)

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I remember Aaron  was called "marble mouth" because people couldn't understand him.  

IIRC, it was actually "mushmouth," but either one fit him nicely.  The other thing I remember about that competition was that Lisa had to do her thing hoisted by some incredibly uncomfortable-looking harness, while the men got to do their presentations on land.  Also that Lisa started out as a complete snob and the competitor you loved to hate, but by the time she got to the finale, she had more or less redeemed herself.

9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I can't see them letting Adam win because if they did everyone would say the show was fixed, and even though we know it is, I can't believe they'd make it so obvious.

What I don't understand is how he got into this competition to begin with.  Was it his idea, as in did he apply to be on the show, or did some producer put the bug in his ear to try a comeback and they greased the skids?

Since pretty much all of the competitors we see on any show — including Shark Tank — are all recruited. I’m sure these people were hand-picked from their various activities online. And it makes for a bad show, this bunch is nowhere near the caliber of earlier seasons. If they are bringing back Adam and Amy, their idea-guys have run out of ideas.

• Love 3
On 6/21/2018 at 9:50 PM, DebbieM4 said:
On 6/21/2018 at 2:44 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I find Katie so incredibly nails-on-a-blackboard detestable that it seems certain she'll go far just to spite me.

Haha!  I feel the same way.

Ditto. :>

36 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Since pretty much all of the competitors we see on any show — including Shark Tank — are all recruited. I’m sure these people were hand-picked from their various activities online. And it makes for a bad show, this bunch is nowhere near the caliber of earlier seasons. If they are bringing back Adam and Amy, their idea-guys have run out of ideas.

Ditto on this too! 

3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

So true.  With every season the crop gets worse and worse.  I'm wondering if the show is purposely picking duds because they don't really want any real stars, or if they did, they'd just go ahead and hire them, not make them compete on this stupid show.  I've seen a couple of new people pop up out of nowhere with cooking shows, like that young food blogger Molly Yeh that lives on a farm in Minnesota.  Her show premiered today.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/girl-meets-farm

On 6/22/2018 at 12:51 PM, margol29 said:

Sorry to quote the whole post for this one sentence.

When you copy the post you're quoting, you can click inside it  and delete the extraneous stuff.  Took me a while to realise this!

• Love 1
On 6/19/2018 at 7:39 PM, dewelar said:

Well, the science geek in me is now forced to point out that inertia is technically correct, because it means resistance to change in state (Newton's Laws of Motion and all that), and her forward movement has been slowed/stopped by these events. It's only usage that has turned the word "inertia" into a synonym for "not wanting to move" and thus made it confusing. Still, these days only a science geek like me would know that :) .

Not just science geeks!  Long live language diversity.

• Love 1