Type keyword(s) to search

Errah! How did that happen?

8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I always liked that Tim said. After all the work he did on it. I'm glad he decided not to really floor it in case the engine didn't hold up. Although I don't know why it wouldn't as you point out it was built from scratch. It really shouldn't be having any problems.

I know outside the frame, grill, gauges and a few other things. Tim's original hot rod was pretty much built from the ground up. If he would have gotten a clunker or rusty car he completely restored and kept various original pieces. He wouldn't have then magically had the engine not starting. Plus, when Tim got everything working again, he would have been taking it out, possibly even going to the studio and racing it around a few times to make sure nothing blew or he missed something. There things call "test runs" for a reason. Even if a complete award winning professional built it like Bob's mechanic did. 

In A Frozen Moment, when the roof to their Christmas Card falls apart just before the picture is taken. I know we are to think that Tim over did the snow and most likely forgot a screw or nail on the set for the picture outside. However, when roofs are in the process of starting to fall, you can start seeing stress fractures and snow would have been starting to move before they got in the picture. Yet, it was all happening about 3 seconds before the picture was taken and you really are telling me the rest of the family wouldn't have said:"The hell with this, run boys!" 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, readster said:

I know outside the frame, grill, gauges and a few other things. Tim's original hot rod was pretty much built from the ground up. If he would have gotten a clunker or rusty car he completely restored and kept various original pieces. He wouldn't have then magically had the engine not starting. Plus, when Tim got everything working again, he would have been taking it out, possibly even going to the studio and racing it around a few times to make sure nothing blew or he missed something. There things call "test runs" for a reason. Even if a complete award winning professional built it like Bob's mechanic did. 

In A Frozen Moment, when the roof to their Christmas Card falls apart just before the picture is taken. I know we are to think that Tim over did the snow and most likely forgot a screw or nail on the set for the picture outside. However, when roofs are in the process of starting to fall, you can start seeing stress fractures and snow would have been starting to move before they got in the picture. Yet, it was all happening about 3 seconds before the picture was taken and you really are telling me the rest of the family wouldn't have said:"The hell with this, run boys!" 

That's a good point. I know they showed him riding off in the early morning with his family. But he really would have been driving it around test driving it. And should have been up until the race. The first hot rod is my favorite I love many cars they have on the show but really early cars are my favorite. Later when Tim sells it which I did think was stupid but Jill's reaction really surprises me. The boys yes but given how much she complains about it I really thought she'd be thrilled and happy to have gotten money out if it.  I love how they all just stand there when the snow comes down. You really can see starting to and usually can hear it. The sound of a lot of snow moving and get out of the way.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That's a good point. I know they showed him riding off in the early morning with his family. But he really would have been driving it around test driving it. And should have been up until the race. The first hot rod is my favorite I love many cars they have on the show but really early cars are my favorite. Later when Tim sells it which I did think was stupid but Jill's reaction really surprises me. The boys yes but given how much she complains about it I really thought she'd be thrilled and happy to have gotten money out if it.  I love how they all just stand there when the snow comes down. You really can see starting to and usually can hear it. The sound of a lot of snow moving and get out of the way.  

I agree, I think Jill's reaction made no sense. She would have been cheering it would be gone.  Then a course flash forward 5 years later and Jill was already telling Tim: "No more hot rods!" Like he was some kid who bought too many toys. It's either make Jill complain or pissed off about the wrong thing. The writers at times wanted it both ways. I agree, Tim selling it, didn't really make much sense. I don't feel there wasn't as much focus on the "new" hot rod in the last few years of the show. Especially when Tim decided he was going to replace the insides all again at the end of season 7. 

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:39 AM, readster said:

I agree, I think Jill's reaction made no sense. She would have been cheering it would be gone.  Then a course flash forward 5 years later and Jill was already telling Tim: "No more hot rods!" Like he was some kid who bought too many toys. It's either make Jill complain or pissed off about the wrong thing. The writers at times wanted it both ways. I agree, Tim selling it, didn't really make much sense. I don't feel there wasn't as much focus on the "new" hot rod in the last few years of the show. Especially when Tim decided he was going to replace the insides all again at the end of season 7. 

Yes, she would have. She was always complaining about it. She'd have been so happy it was gone and they got money for it. She started complaining immediately when Tim and Brad were looking at what would be the second hot rod at the end of the episode. I still have a hard time believing Tim would sell it. If anything he'd keep it but probably still want to start on another one. There really wasn't as much focus on the next rod in the last years. Maybe because they already did it? I don't know but they still could have done more with it.  The episode where Tim rewires the washer and dryer was on. The washer was really cool but how did he get the dryer to spin around and out so far? It could unplugged itself by that point. How was it able spin a grown man around? If it was the more powerful part he put in would have shorted out or blew up?  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Yes, she would have. She was always complaining about it. She'd have been so happy it was gone and they got money for it. She started complaining immediately when Tim and Brad were looking at what would be the second hot rod at the end of the episode. I still have a hard time believing Tim would sell it. If anything he'd keep it but probably still want to start on another one. There really wasn't as much focus on the next rod in the last years. Maybe because they already did it? I don't know but they still could have done more with it.  The episode where Tim rewires the washer and dryer was on. The washer was really cool but how did he get the dryer to spin around and out so far? It could unplugged itself by that point. How was it able spin a grown man around? If it was the more powerful part he put in would have shorted out or blew up?  

I know, those dryers then, you could put a stack of books on them and they wouldn't shake as much either. My aunt had one, one time it had too many clothes on it and she just grabbed a junk box and put it back on the dryer and it stopped moving. Just saw when Tim first did his SUPER lighting for the Christmas display in season 2 and Frosty was shown melted at the end. If it would have been that hot and considering it was winter. a 17 foot frost wouldn't melt into a 3 foot ball with a pipe sticking out. It would have melted and then split apart from the cold weather outside in pieces. Also, interesting that Jill got up there all by herself and grabbed melted Frosty. Also, when Al is joking about how he keeps an extra larger tool box because of Tim. Showing he has crutches and an IV unit. How did Al get Tim's blood type and how would that be safely secure if needed? Blood has to stay cold. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, readster said:

I know, those dryers then, you could put a stack of books on them and they wouldn't shake as much either. My aunt had one, one time it had too many clothes on it and she just grabbed a junk box and put it back on the dryer and it stopped moving. Just saw when Tim first did his SUPER lighting for the Christmas display in season 2 and Frosty was shown melted at the end. If it would have been that hot and considering it was winter. a 17 foot frost wouldn't melt into a 3 foot ball with a pipe sticking out. It would have melted and then split apart from the cold weather outside in pieces. Also, interesting that Jill got up there all by herself and grabbed melted Frosty. Also, when Al is joking about how he keeps an extra larger tool box because of Tim. Showing he has crutches and an IV unit. How did Al get Tim's blood type and how would that be safely secure if needed? Blood has to stay cold. 

No, they really wouldn't. It would have stopped with Randy on it let alone Tim. I did laugh at Randy wanting to charge people to ride it. I loved that Tim, Jill and Mark had to wear sunglasses because it was so bright. Although at that bright all three still should have ended up blind.  Poor Frosty yeah he would be split a part.  Maybe Al slipped some money at the hospital? Or maybe Tool Time keeps Tim's blood on hand just in case? Its funny you'd almost expect Tool Time to have a locker or room full of crutches, bandaids, gauze and other medical equipment, fire department long hoses and other stuff on hand just in case.  

• Love 1

It's funny, during the Great Race, first is when Tim activates the jet engine is not only how fast it goes. That when he drives through the sign, there are no wood chips or pieces that get caught on Tim when we see him an hour later. Also, when Jill says the radio reported an "guy going 54 mpg down the high way on a lawn mower." Then Tim saying how he got a speeding ticket and made enough money to pay said ticket off by mowing lawns. So, how did people pay him? How did they even get him to mow the various lawns and stop Tim. Tim would had to either slow down or stopped the lawn mower. Especially if the police gave him a speeding ticket. You think they be more of: "Sir are you ok? Your lawnmower seems out of control." Instead we are to believe that Tim couldn't control his lawnmower to the point he ran off the retirement race course and onto the main road and couldn't control it for a while. Plus, that much power, how did the lawnmower not run out of gas faster?

• Love 1

I'm still trying to figure out how Tim was trying to triple the heat lantern at the ice fishing shed. I mean, what did he do? Poke more holes in it? Throw in more sticks or oil? The way it erupted in fire didn't make sense. Especially when Al asked if Tim put out the heater. You could see it was out and then magically it turns into a fire bomb. Also, nice to know that they stuck around to see it burn to the ground and then went home. Also, when Lillian pulled the dip stick out of the hot rod engine. Why did she do that? She kept looking at the car like: "What do I do?" "Oh, let me pull the stick and then assume that Jill and Tim are having intimacy problems."

• Love 1
18 hours ago, readster said:

It's funny, during the Great Race, first is when Tim activates the jet engine is not only how fast it goes. That when he drives through the sign, there are no wood chips or pieces that get caught on Tim when we see him an hour later. Also, when Jill says the radio reported an "guy going 54 mpg down the high way on a lawn mower." Then Tim saying how he got a speeding ticket and made enough money to pay said ticket off by mowing lawns. So, how did people pay him? How did they even get him to mow the various lawns and stop Tim. Tim would had to either slow down or stopped the lawn mower. Especially if the police gave him a speeding ticket. You think they be more of: "Sir are you ok? Your lawnmower seems out of control." Instead we are to believe that Tim couldn't control his lawnmower to the point he ran off the retirement race course and onto the main road and couldn't control it for a while. Plus, that much power, how did the lawnmower not run out of gas faster?

I assumed he was joking about mowing the lawns. If he was getting paid then that means he figured out how to stop. Why do that if he figured out how to stop? I'd think he'd turn back and go back to the race and the show. He probably kept going the same direction he was probably  through several yards and accidentally ended up on the highway with the police after him and it was only then figured out how to stop. Good question about the gas. There's no way he'd have made it that far if he was going the regular speed on lawn mower without running out of gas. Would the police really give Tim a ticket? It was lawn mower not a car. What was the speed for the highway 50? Either they'd recognize him or the name and know he's the one who has all kinds of accidents. I did laugh hard at the idea of attaching an engine from an chinook helicopter to a lawnmower. Of course he would. It did make me wonder if the government or NASA or corporations would ever hire someone who managed to do that. Or if he was ever successful in his rewiring and engine dropping that he'd get job offers. He managed to get a grill in orbit. He probably could get one to Mars! Or beyond.  He probably could break the sound barrier with no shortage of lawnmowers, go carts and household objects. He could probably gotten a tank to Bagdad in thirty minutes having it shoot through Saddam's palace or fly right passed it and end up the next country.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I assumed he was joking about mowing the lawns. If he was getting paid then that means he figured out how to stop. Why do that if he figured out how to stop? I'd think he'd turn back and go back to the race and the show. He probably kept going the same direction he was probably  through several yards and accidentally ended up on the highway with the police after him and it was only then figured out how to stop. Good question about the gas. There's no way he'd have made it that far if he was going the regular speed on lawn mower without running out of gas. Would the police really give Tim a ticket? It was lawn mower not a car. What was the speed for the highway 50? Either they'd recognize him or the name and know he's the one who has all kinds of accidents. I did laugh hard at the idea of attaching an engine from an chinook helicopter to a lawnmower. Of course he would. It did make me wonder if the government or NASA or corporations would ever hire someone who managed to do that. Or if he was ever successful in his rewiring and engine dropping that he'd get job offers. He managed to get a grill in orbit. He probably could get one to Mars! Or beyond.  He probably could break the sound barrier with no shortage of lawnmowers, go carts and household objects. He could probably gotten a tank to Bagdad in thirty minutes having it shoot through Saddam's palace or fly right passed it and end up the next country.  

How true and it even brings up the tank driving episode. I remember when the episode originally aired, my stepfather who was in the army was watching it. He said it was realistic that Tim couldn't control the tank. They are not easy to drive, he told me he had the worst time driving it to. Also, they have a safety driver the first few times, similar to a driver's ed teacher who has an extra foot brake on their side. To see Jill perfectly drive the tank he said was impossible too. Even if she had beginner's luck, she had no experience and never had a taste of driving military equipment. He didn't care who her father was suppose to be, you can't just take a child to a military base and have them drive any vehicle they choose. He thought the jokes were great, but he ranks that episode as the most impossible piece with the only realistic part being that Tim was out of control with a tank. They just would have never gotten outside of the tank course. The lawsuits from the golf course would have been huge. 

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:22 AM, readster said:

How true and it even brings up the tank driving episode. I remember when the episode originally aired, my stepfather who was in the army was watching it. He said it was realistic that Tim couldn't control the tank. They are not easy to drive, he told me he had the worst time driving it to. Also, they have a safety driver the first few times, similar to a driver's ed teacher who has an extra foot brake on their side. To see Jill perfectly drive the tank he said was impossible too. Even if she had beginner's luck, she had no experience and never had a taste of driving military equipment. He didn't care who her father was suppose to be, you can't just take a child to a military base and have them drive any vehicle they choose. He thought the jokes were great, but he ranks that episode as the most impossible piece with the only realistic part being that Tim was out of control with a tank. They just would have never gotten outside of the tank course. The lawsuits from the golf course would have been huge. 

I wondered about that. Its not like your driving a car or truck. Its tank and there's no way neither one would drive perfectly or even very good. Having a military father doesn't mean you'd naturally know how to drive a tank. It doesn't work that way. You need to be trained and have lots of training. They don't let just anyone drive it. Although if they did they could earn some good money. Who would want to drive a tank?  I was also surprised by Jill's remark about the food in the cafeteria and acting like she really missed it or something. I'm sorry Jill but no one misses army food. I've yet to meet anyone in the military who didn't gag at remembering the food.  The episode where Al was going to show the audience how to remove a broken lightbulb from a lamp. Why was it plugged in? I guess Al wanted to tell the audience to make sure its not plugged in when you do that. But it wouldn't need it plugged into remind the audience.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I wondered about that. Its not like your driving a car or truck. Its tank and there's no way neither one would drive perfectly or even very good. Having a military father doesn't mean you'd naturally know how to drive a tank. It doesn't work that way. You need to be trained and have lots of training. They don't let just anyone drive it. Although if they did they could earn some good money. Who would want to drive a tank?  I was also surprised by Jill's remark about the food in the cafeteria and acting like she really missed it or something. I'm sorry Jill but no one misses army food. I've yet to meet anyone in the military who didn't gag at remembering the food.  The episode where Al was going to show the audience how to remove a broken lightbulb from a lamp. Why was it plugged in? I guess Al wanted to tell the audience to make sure its not plugged in when you do that. But it wouldn't need it plugged into remind the audience.

Oh I know, why would Al have the lamp plugged in. He didn't need to have it in to prove his point. Sometimes I felt like Al set Tim up to get hurt or cause an accident. Let's face it, why would Tim think the lamp was plugged in? What is a stage crew member was moving the lamp over and accidentally touched the broken bulb? Same goes for Al's switch to the Rose costume in the season 3 episode. Did they have a double already dressed in a gorilla costume with flannel so all Al had to do was switch out. Get to the garage, not trigger the skeleton and then change into the Rose costume. I get that Tim was distracted, but the time for Al change into a completely different costume and then have it where the skeleton dropped and put the rose in it's mouth and then run upstairs to wait for Tim in the bathroom. It defies the laws of physics just like Wilson's disappearing act in the final Halloween episode. Without multiple help or people dressed up in multiple costumes. You can't move that fast from a first floor garage and as we saw most people at the party were not in on the joke. Not even the boys. Just like I don't get how in season 7 how Jill and Tim snuck back in to get things set up to scare Brad and Randy. They not only got back in the house, but changed into regular clothes out of their costumes. 

• Love 1

Interesting that when Al has his hand in the duck when he was filling in for Cooking with Irma. He hand was all the way in. I know Tim was trying to tell Al he read not to over stuff a duck because it can cause a problem. However, Al's right hand is really in there and why isn't he wearing two gloves instead of one? Plus, how did a raw duck break a plate glass window? I also notice that Tim and Al don't wear gloves a lot of times when they should. They wear them during the dry wall episode, but when Tim got his hand stuck to the toilet because he was seeing if it was getting tacky why isn't he wearing gloves? Same when Al was working on paint for a few episodes talking about not getting oil base paint on your hands. WEAR GLOVES!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, readster said:

Interesting that when Al has his hand in the duck when he was filling in for Cooking with Irma. He hand was all the way in. I know Tim was trying to tell Al he read not to over stuff a duck because it can cause a problem. However, Al's right hand is really in there and why isn't he wearing two gloves instead of one? Plus, how did a raw duck break a plate glass window? I also notice that Tim and Al don't wear gloves a lot of times when they should. They wear them during the dry wall episode, but when Tim got his hand stuck to the toilet because he was seeing if it was getting tacky why isn't he wearing gloves? Same when Al was working on paint for a few episodes talking about not getting oil base paint on your hands. WEAR GLOVES!

I've noticed they don't wear gloves as often as they should. You might by Tim thinking he doesn't need gloves because he's well Tim. But Al? He knows better. I loved the duck going through the window but yeah how would it do that? A frozen turkey I could buy but a duck? I did love the switch of Tim trying to give the right advice to Al who wasn't listening and also maybe thrown by Tim being an assistant instead of Tim.   Maybe you should have let Tim help you Al.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I've noticed they don't wear gloves as often as they should. You might by Tim thinking he doesn't need gloves because he's well Tim. But Al? He knows better. I loved the duck going through the window but yeah how would it do that? A frozen turkey I could buy but a duck? I did love the switch of Tim trying to give the right advice to Al who wasn't listening and also maybe thrown by Tim being an assistant instead of Tim.   Maybe you should have let Tim help you Al.

Problem with the dry wall episode when Tim adds more mix to the plaster and it falls down on Al. He didn't really spray that much on the ceiling. Plus, yes, too much water will make it drip, but it was like the entire ceiling came down on Al. Plus, if Tim has mixed that much plaster before and wasn't listening to Al. Wouldn't he have known that it's too heavy and would fall down? Same goes back to the original Bob Villa episode. Why were those circuits still plugged in? I mean Al says: "Did you make sure first it was off?" There is no light and Tim doesn't know basic wires? He uses a screw driver? Tim was asking to get zapped and really WHY IS IT ON?

• Love 1

Funny with the plastic surgery episode in season 3. How did Tim get a "perfect" circle form his round sander? Al is right, you don't sand in one spot, but when Heidi gives Tim the sander, it's just a bigger sander. Tim doesn't say he rewired it, even with all the saw dust getting kicked up, sanders don't create smoke screens like that. So, to after what? maybe 6 seconds he not only creates a hole in the middle of the table, but it apparent had the hole fall in. Tim isn't shown that he went right through the table. Al just stops him and the hole is the side of a chair. Later when Tim says he used Al's credit card, how did he do that? Plus, that's fraud, all Al have to do was say: "I did not make those charges and my card disappeared yesterday." Also, when he yells at Tim for not reimburse him, why would Tim be in charge of that? You turn in receipts to either finance or book keeping for reimbursement. Plus, they wouldn't give him the money that day and I doubt that Al plaid like $50 in cash, which yes, finance would give him his money back right away. However, I doubt Al spent less than $200 for three wooden tables and I'm talking REAL wood tables not fake: "Here, please take these crappy tables from me for $10." Al acted like he paid a month's worth of rent for them.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, readster said:

Funny with the plastic surgery episode in season 3. How did Tim get a "perfect" circle form his round sander? Al is right, you don't sand in one spot, but when Heidi gives Tim the sander, it's just a bigger sander. Tim doesn't say he rewired it, even with all the saw dust getting kicked up, sanders don't create smoke screens like that. So, to after what? maybe 6 seconds he not only creates a hole in the middle of the table, but it apparent had the hole fall in. Tim isn't shown that he went right through the table. Al just stops him and the hole is the side of a chair. Later when Tim says he used Al's credit card, how did he do that? Plus, that's fraud, all Al have to do was say: "I did not make those charges and my card disappeared yesterday." Also, when he yells at Tim for not reimburse him, why would Tim be in charge of that? You turn in receipts to either finance or book keeping for reimbursement. Plus, they wouldn't give him the money that day and I doubt that Al plaid like $50 in cash, which yes, finance would give him his money back right away. However, I doubt Al spent less than $200 for three wooden tables and I'm talking REAL wood tables not fake: "Here, please take these crappy tables from me for $10." Al acted like he paid a month's worth of rent for them.

Yeah, that really makes no sense. Why would Tim even use Al's card (which is crappy of him and also illegal) for any purchases. They should have a credit card or account set up to buy things they need for the show. There's no way Bineford wouldn't have that or some kind of reimbursement or someone signing off on everything if they didn't trust Tim not to go over budget. 

15 hours ago, readster said:

Problem with the dry wall episode when Tim adds more mix to the plaster and it falls down on Al. He didn't really spray that much on the ceiling. Plus, yes, too much water will make it drip, but it was like the entire ceiling came down on Al. Plus, if Tim has mixed that much plaster before and wasn't listening to Al. Wouldn't he have known that it's too heavy and would fall down? Same goes back to the original Bob Villa episode. Why were those circuits still plugged in? I mean Al says: "Did you make sure first it was off?" There is no light and Tim doesn't know basic wires? He uses a screw driver? Tim was asking to get zapped and really WHY IS IT ON?

No, he really didn't spray a lot, it was like a couple seconds of spraying, not a lot should have come down. Tim should know that too much water was bad for plaster. He had used it before right? I find it hard to believe hadn't had to plaster a ceiling before. Good question about how Tim got zapped, why were the circuits plugged in? Who wired it? Was it Tim or a staff member? I did laugh at Bob being afraid to near it. But yeah, why was it on? Its like that lamp with the broken bulb or the tools with plugs that end up being on. Who plugs them in? Why are they always in the on position? 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

No, he really didn't spray a lot, it was like a couple seconds of spraying, not a lot should have come down. Tim should know that too much water was bad for plaster. He had used it before right? I find it hard to believe hadn't had to plaster a ceiling before. Good question about how Tim got zapped, why were the circuits plugged in? Who wired it? Was it Tim or a staff member? I did laugh at Bob being afraid to near it. But yeah, why was it on? Its like that lamp with the broken bulb or the tools with plugs that end up being on. Who plugs them in? Why are they always in the on position? 

There were a lot of moments where you do wonder why things were left on. The last one that made sense was the hand sander when Al said to make sure it was off before plugging it in. Since things get moved around and you don't know if a switch got moved or not. One big glaring moment is when Al switches a pet shock collar to Tim. Tim had already tested it out and showed that Tim was close enough to the border for it to go off. So, for Tim to not realize that Al discovered the shock collar (seriously, where would it be that Al couldn't see it?). Tim then gets shocked hen he moves a third time past the fence. That was another thing after that episode, Tim tried to pull a fast one over Al two more times. Once for the smelling of wood and then later for trying to put real dung in a mud wall. Al couldn't figure out that Tim did something to the wood, but how did Al know that Tim put real dung in the mud wall? Was it smell? Plus, what was Tim hoping to pull on Al? That his talk was right about how some birds and animals use their own poop for fortification? I get Tim using his sock on the block of wood, but the last season with the mud wall. That made no sense or how Al could have figured it out.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, readster said:

There were a lot of moments where you do wonder why things were left on. The last one that made sense was the hand sander when Al said to make sure it was off before plugging it in. Since things get moved around and you don't know if a switch got moved or not. One big glaring moment is when Al switches a pet shock collar to Tim. Tim had already tested it out and showed that Tim was close enough to the border for it to go off. So, for Tim to not realize that Al discovered the shock collar (seriously, where would it be that Al couldn't see it?). Tim then gets shocked hen he moves a third time past the fence. That was another thing after that episode, Tim tried to pull a fast one over Al two more times. Once for the smelling of wood and then later for trying to put real dung in a mud wall. Al couldn't figure out that Tim did something to the wood, but how did Al know that Tim put real dung in the mud wall? Was it smell? Plus, what was Tim hoping to pull on Al? That his talk was right about how some birds and animals use their own poop for fortification? I get Tim using his sock on the block of wood, but the last season with the mud wall. That made no sense or how Al could have figured it out.

Yeah, there's no way that Al could have figured that out. But good point about the shock collar Tim would know what it looked like since he put it on Al, but some how Al was able to put it on Tim without him noticing? How? At least with the sock that backfired on Tim in a way he hadn't anticipated. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, there's no way that Al could have figured that out. But good point about the shock collar Tim would know what it looked like since he put it on Al, but some how Al was able to put it on Tim without him noticing? How? At least with the sock that backfired on Tim in a way he hadn't anticipated. 

We didn't see Tim or Al putting on their tool belts since they were already in the middle of episode. However, another thing is the caption, the TV crew would have to know ahead of time to get those captions on the screen for the audience. It wasn't like the sound booth, Tim put that together perfectly. However, how Tim didn't know the shock collar was in his tool belt or how Tim snuck it in makes no sense. Same goes with the mud wall, what did all do? See that Tim mixed it in already and then he quickly, mixed a new batch and replaced it? Then told the editing room: "Hey, I know what Tim did, I want you to put this up once Tim starts looking confused." 

• Love 1

The entire Habitat for Humanity episode still bothers me to this day. John Elway, Eric Hipple, Evander Holyfield, Sean Jones, and Bill Pickel are that upset that Tim wants to do "improvements" on the house that they don't do anything? When they do, they act more clueless than Tim would be. The air vent didn't make anything sense, because if it was that powerful, why is only the inspector's hat flying up and not Hipple's? When Jimmy Carter says that crews are working around the clock to fix the house they built. How as the house even standing if it was that bad? Plus, when you have celebs like Elway or Holyfield, if you they are shown to be eating more than helping, that isn't the best publicity for them either. Even when they yell at Tim that because of his "stupid improvements" they were left out in the rain while Al and Jill are inside working and dry. I wanted to go: "How could they be doing improvements when they weren't doing anything?" 

• Love 1

Watching Randy's 13th birthday party, how did Tim get his pants yanked by the floor polisher? It wasn't like his pant leg was touching the circle. He got close to it with his foot and yet it tanks his pants off. Plus, he couldn't go: "Hey Mark, go grab me a pair of jeans please." No, he tries sneaking out, even though he could have moved upstairs without anyone seeing him. Instead he jumps back to the door. Another thing, he uses 16 coats of wax. That does not come cheap and we saw people on the dance floor. So, only Michelle falls and sprains her ankle because she goes to the middle? If you put 16 coats of wax on a dance on an ENTIRE dance floor. You are going to be slippy and sliding all over from as soon as you go on the edge of it. 

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, readster said:

We didn't see Tim or Al putting on their tool belts since they were already in the middle of episode. However, another thing is the caption, the TV crew would have to know ahead of time to get those captions on the screen for the audience. It wasn't like the sound booth, Tim put that together perfectly. However, how Tim didn't know the shock collar was in his tool belt or how Tim snuck it in makes no sense. Same goes with the mud wall, what did all do? See that Tim mixed it in already and then he quickly, mixed a new batch and replaced it? Then told the editing room: "Hey, I know what Tim did, I want you to put this up once Tim starts looking confused." 

I guess Al told the crew so they'd have the captions ready? Maybe they were in on pranking Tim? I'm still not sure how Al managed to attach it to him without Tim knowing. I know he's not that observant but I'd think he'd notice the collar was attached to him. If he didn't where did he think it was on Al? Wouldn't he have noticed it was no longer there?   

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, readster said:

The entire Habitat for Humanity episode still bothers me to this day. John Elway, Eric Hipple, Evander Holyfield, Sean Jones, and Bill Pickel are that upset that Tim wants to do "improvements" on the house that they don't do anything? When they do, they act more clueless than Tim would be. The air vent didn't make anything sense, because if it was that powerful, why is only the inspector's hat flying up and not Hipple's? When Jimmy Carter says that crews are working around the clock to fix the house they built. How as the house even standing if it was that bad? Plus, when you have celebs like Elway or Holyfield, if you they are shown to be eating more than helping, that isn't the best publicity for them either. Even when they yell at Tim that because of his "stupid improvements" they were left out in the rain while Al and Jill are inside working and dry. I wanted to go: "How could they be doing improvements when they weren't doing anything?" 

Yeah, they didn't do anything did they? Holyfield and Elway were eating the whole time. Tim seemed to be the only one doing the work. How bad was the house that it needed a new crew to fix everything? The house was still standing. I hadn't realized before but if you look at Al's team he has qualified women on his team and Tim has celebrities. I guess he was too excited to be working with Elway, Holyfield, Jones, and Pickel to realize none of them had any experience putting together a house. Tim was the only one on his team with any real experience. 

3 hours ago, readster said:

Watching Randy's 13th birthday party, how did Tim get his pants yanked by the floor polisher? It wasn't like his pant leg was touching the circle. He got close to it with his foot and yet it tanks his pants off. Plus, he couldn't go: "Hey Mark, go grab me a pair of jeans please." No, he tries sneaking out, even though he could have moved upstairs without anyone seeing him. Instead he jumps back to the door. Another thing, he uses 16 coats of wax. That does not come cheap and we saw people on the dance floor. So, only Michelle falls and sprains her ankle because she goes to the middle? If you put 16 coats of wax on a dance on an ENTIRE dance floor. You are going to be slippy and sliding all over from as soon as you go on the edge of it. 

I don't know how Tim was able to afford that much wax and if it was as slippy as they said Randy and Michelle would have slipped the second they got on the dance floor. I don't know how his pants got yanked off. How was the floor polisher able to do that? Its like how he lost his shirt on Tool Time it doesn't make any sense. 

• Love 1

Funny how when Tim was using the skid loader to use dry ice to lift the old as fault from their project. He just keeps going and rolls on top of the project floor piece and into Al's china cabinet. Really? He didn't see he was getting to close to it? Also, it seemed that the skid loader just magically kept moving forward and Tim had no control. He needed to drop the dry ice on the floor project to lift the as fault. Instead it comes off that Tim's brakes were not working. That doesn't make any sense why he didn't just come in through the slide doors and then drop the dry ice on the floor. He just keeps going and seems to not be able to control the skid loader. Also, Marv the camera man doesn't seem to know how to not be too close to Tim at times. He gets way to close when he sees that Tim can't control the Mini Mag 2000 after it pulls down the boom mic and when Tim tells him to come in close, he gets right on top of Tim? Why isn't he on top of where you can see the nails being drove in and not over the top of Tim's head? For a long time camera man on Tool Time, you think he know not to get up close and personal like that. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, readster said:

Funny how when Tim was using the skid loader to use dry ice to lift the old as fault from their project. He just keeps going and rolls on top of the project floor piece and into Al's china cabinet. Really? He didn't see he was getting to close to it? Also, it seemed that the skid loader just magically kept moving forward and Tim had no control. He needed to drop the dry ice on the floor project to lift the as fault. Instead it comes off that Tim's brakes were not working. That doesn't make any sense why he didn't just come in through the slide doors and then drop the dry ice on the floor. He just keeps going and seems to not be able to control the skid loader. Also, Marv the camera man doesn't seem to know how to not be too close to Tim at times. He gets way to close when he sees that Tim can't control the Mini Mag 2000 after it pulls down the boom mic and when Tim tells him to come in close, he gets right on top of Tim? Why isn't he on top of where you can see the nails being drove in and not over the top of Tim's head? For a long time camera man on Tool Time, you think he know not to get up close and personal like that. 

Heh, you'd think Marv would have learned early on not to get too close to Tim and when he brings out something he rewired or fixed up that he should be ready to move at a second's notice. You'd think that would be a rule with any of the Tool Time Crew. The ski loader your right he should have been able to come in and drop the dry ice. I don't know why he somehow ended up on the floor he was wanting to drop the dry ice on.  

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Heh, you'd think Marv would have learned early on not to get too close to Tim and when he brings out something he rewired or fixed up that he should be ready to move at a second's notice. You'd think that would be a rule with any of the Tool Time Crew. The ski loader your right he should have been able to come in and drop the dry ice. I don't know why he somehow ended up on the floor he was wanting to drop the dry ice on.  

Goes even to when Al was using their magnet talk in their commercial about Tim dropping tools behind work benches and leaving it out. Also, in season 6 when Al was telling Tim to stop leaving tools out after they were done filming. Tim was constantly shown and talked about keeping his tools together, telling the kids and others never to touch his tools without permission. Even several times how Jill and even Lillian said how Tim keeps his tools in line like Jill's father did with his soldiers. Yet, when he was on Tool Time it was: "Yeah, someone else will clean that up." or "Eh, if it breaks we are fine." That never made sense and only was used when the show wanted to make a punch line. Similar to how Al would plug damage or broken items to prove a point and yet much like Marv didn't go: "Wait, Tim will really hurt himself, let's unplug this." Also, when Tim was restoring the second hot rod, how the hell was it taking him that long? Really, all Tim really did to it was change the paint, the interior and updated the gauges. He was really happy with the engine and the body. For Tim to take 4 YEARS to get it the way he wanted never made any sense. Unlike his original that took him 3 straight years from the frame up.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, readster said:

Goes even to when Al was using their magnet talk in their commercial about Tim dropping tools behind work benches and leaving it out. Also, in season 6 when Al was telling Tim to stop leaving tools out after they were done filming. Tim was constantly shown and talked about keeping his tools together, telling the kids and others never to touch his tools without permission. Even several times how Jill and even Lillian said how Tim keeps his tools in line like Jill's father did with his soldiers. Yet, when he was on Tool Time it was: "Yeah, someone else will clean that up." or "Eh, if it breaks we are fine." That never made sense and only was used when the show wanted to make a punch line. Similar to how Al would plug damage or broken items to prove a point and yet much like Marv didn't go: "Wait, Tim will really hurt himself, let's unplug this." Also, when Tim was restoring the second hot rod, how the hell was it taking him that long? Really, all Tim really did to it was change the paint, the interior and updated the gauges. He was really happy with the engine and the body. For Tim to take 4 YEARS to get it the way he wanted never made any sense. Unlike his original that took him 3 straight years from the frame up.

I don't know if Tim wasn't as interested in the second hot rod as much as the first or the show forgot how long he had been working on. The first one made more sense three years to find parts, and work on it in his spare time. They never could decide if Tim kept all his tools together or lost them all the time. I can't see him losing them at work. Or leaving them where they were unless he assumed someone on the staff's job was always to put them away. Which kind of makes sense I really doubt Martha Stewart was cleaning all the pots after she finished making something. That would be someone else's job. Why did Al always have broken items or plugged in items? Like the lamp. I get making a point but why leave it where anyone could assume it wasn't plugged in. Like Tim or if someone else moved it. Unless he told everyone that it was a broken lamp plugged in and not to touch it how would anyone know? Tim assumed it wasn't plugged in. Then again he usually assumed tools weren't turned on and they almost always were. Why? Why wouldn't he start looking after the first couple times? Also, who was turning them on? Someone had to be since Tim always assumed they were off. 

• Love 1

In the Season 5 Halloween Episode. We see Randy supposedly thrown a few feet from the back side of the yard. Where both Wilson and Brad see him. First of all, even if two people tossed Randy arm and armed. Why does Randy walk right back to them, just to get beat up and thrown again? This happens again two years later when Brad and Randy are fighting in: The Write Stuff and Randy is shown basically thrown like a football by Brad from off screen. I get that JTT was not a tall guy, but that is almost impossible to have someone that is at least over 120 lbs just flying like he is an acrobat. Also, when Tim's mother sells the old house and Tim is going down the stair railing. Really? He couldn't stop himself going straight into the heading? He is a grown man who can just stop and slip to the side instead of going all the way down and hit in the crouch. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, readster said:

In the Season 5 Halloween Episode. We see Randy supposedly thrown a few feet from the back side of the yard. Where both Wilson and Brad see him. First of all, even if two people tossed Randy arm and armed. Why does Randy walk right back to them, just to get beat up and thrown again? This happens again two years later when Brad and Randy are fighting in: The Write Stuff and Randy is shown basically thrown like a football by Brad from off screen. I get that JTT was not a tall guy, but that is almost impossible to have someone that is at least over 120 lbs just flying like he is an acrobat. Also, when Tim's mother sells the old house and Tim is going down the stair railing. Really? He couldn't stop himself going straight into the heading? He is a grown man who can just stop and slip to the side instead of going all the way down and hit in the crouch. 

I don't know why Randy just walks right back or even more so why Wilson didn't do anything. Brad I buy he was stupid enough to already through that party even though he wasn't allowed. But Wilson? He just tells Brad he won't tell his parents. Why not? You just saw kids throw out Randy maybe that's something you should get involved in. When would he get involved? There probably already was underage drinking going on he wasn't concerned about any of the kids getting into an accident or something?  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I don't know why Randy just walks right back or even more so why Wilson didn't do anything. Brad I buy he was stupid enough to already through that party even though he wasn't allowed. But Wilson? He just tells Brad he won't tell his parents. Why not? You just saw kids throw out Randy maybe that's something you should get involved in. When would he get involved? There probably already was underage drinking going on he wasn't concerned about any of the kids getting into an accident or something?  

Right and then having the classic: "I hope you have a kid just like you some day." Yeah, that backfires and you end up with a grandchild who makes your kid look like a saint. I don't get how Wilson could just let that happen. Plus, why was he wearing the jack o'lantern all night? If he is visiting trick or treaters, but he said he had been home for almost an hour. Also, why is Mark complaining to Brad that he might have puss in his ear? What is Brad going to do? Seriously, put in ear drops and lay down Mark. Funny in: "Eye on Tim" when Al gets electrocuted I like how he just flies back and then flips around a "wooden" swing door. They were still showing all having electricity on him, peg board wood is very non conductive. Al wouldn't have swung back around and be the last they heard of him. He would have hit the wall and stopped. You have to push on the edge to swing the door around, not the center. Plus, once again, why did Tim or Al plug in the light piece? First rule with messing with electricity, you turn the DAMN power off!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, readster said:

Right and then having the classic: "I hope you have a kid just like you some day." Yeah, that backfires and you end up with a grandchild who makes your kid look like a saint. I don't get how Wilson could just let that happen. Plus, why was he wearing the jack o'lantern all night? If he is visiting trick or treaters, but he said he had been home for almost an hour. Also, why is Mark complaining to Brad that he might have puss in his ear? What is Brad going to do? Seriously, put in ear drops and lay down Mark. Funny in: "Eye on Tim" when Al gets electrocuted I like how he just flies back and then flips around a "wooden" swing door. They were still showing all having electricity on him, peg board wood is very non conductive. Al wouldn't have swung back around and be the last they heard of him. He would have hit the wall and stopped. You have to push on the edge to swing the door around, not the center. Plus, once again, why did Tim or Al plug in the light piece? First rule with messing with electricity, you turn the DAMN power off!

Yeah, as fun as that is. And it can be fun. I really enjoy that my nephew is just like my brother was its fun to see him getting a taste of his own medicine. But they still have to deal with the kid now. I don't know why Wilson just let that happened. He was home for an hour and been watching the Taylors most of the time? I guess he's not answering the door to trick and treaters which seems odd for Wilson. He probably would enjoy that. He should have intervened when Randy got thrown out. Mark complaining to Brad was weird. I'm not sure what he was expecting Brad to do or why he'd do that in the first place. His parents and Wilson if they were out of ear drops. But Brad just makes no sense.  

Yes you turn the power off when dealing with electricity! That's not exactly something you want shooting through your body. Which is why you turn it off. Its the same reason Tim shouldn't have switched the reindeer's nose after he dropped it in the snow. Even if it help him win that year's lightening contest. When Tim and Al put on those electric suits and masks before Tim turned on the Christmas tree lights on the show the entire Tool Time audience should have been blind after that? Did they get any goggles or anything?    

• Love 1
17 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Yes you turn the power off when dealing with electricity! That's not exactly something you want shooting through your body. Which is why you turn it off. Its the same reason Tim shouldn't have switched the reindeer's nose after he dropped it in the snow. Even if it help him win that year's lightening contest. When Tim and Al put on those electric suits and masks before Tim turned on the Christmas tree lights on the show the entire Tool Time audience should have been blind after that? Did they get any goggles or anything?    

That's a fair point at times, I think the Tool Time audience needed to sign a waiver on the show is not responsible is Tim blows something up or could do damage to you. Something I also found odd at times was Tim had this very "perfection" piece on him too. When he had the ice sculptor on he just had to make sure he chizzled stuff off of the tree and later Al's ice carving. Saying: "It has some uneven pieces to it." You want to go: "Where is it so uneven?" The tree you could understand that was made in a hurry, however all the other pieces were beautiful, but you know Tim, he has to do something when Al is the center of attention and not himself. Same goes when he was working on setting up a fence. Tim gets into trying to put on a big show. Why was there more of a dueling rod for the fence? Why did Al leave things just laying around, like he was asking for it. 

• Love 1

You know seeing where Randy discovered that Binford had a lot of pollution problems. I don't get how either Tim or Al would miss those things. I get that when John was in charge, it was a different time. Laws were different, production was different. However, when you have several times where Tim and Al are talking about being more environment friendly or how they were promoting tools and pieces that were not only cost effective, but energy saving and less pollution. I highly doubt that Bud came in and just left things how they were. He made some dumb decisions, but last thing Bud wanted was having Binford be stuck in lawsuits and I doubt members of the Board would want that too. Goes into when Bud explained to Tim what carbon offsets were. However, he brought up that it happened at Binford before he was there, most likely from John and later Wes being in charge. Yet, Randy was expecting Bud to change all the pollution problems over night. First of all, it doesn't work that way, even when Wells Fargo got into trouble with messing up property and trying to inflate mortgages. It had been happening for years basically from people who did favors for family members and then got greedy. Now, they are on so many watch lists because the US government doesn't want another 2008. So, for us to believe the state of Michigan or the City of Detroit wouldn't have been on Binford for things? Yeah, how did that happen?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

How on did Al get electrocuted when they were installing sliding? Why didn't they turn that off? Why isn't that the first thing they do? It was enough to send Al into the wall of tools that was also a door? How?

Plus that Tim didn't get electrocuted in the process too. He was grounded and he put the nail into the electrical wire that was lighting up. Plus, why the set crew thought actually keeping the wire that close to where they know Tim is going to put the nail in. Plus, Al is WEARING gloves! How is the circuit being complete?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, readster said:

Plus that Tim didn't get electrocuted in the process too. He was grounded and he put the nail into the electrical wire that was lighting up. Plus, why the set crew thought actually keeping the wire that close to where they know Tim is going to put the nail in. Plus, Al is WEARING gloves! How is the circuit being complete?

That's a good point. Given how badly Al was electrocuted Tim should have too. Why would the crew put a wire there where they know Tim is going to put a nail? How did the circuit get complete? I guess to borrow from My Cousin Vinny, the law of physics cease to exist on Home Improvement.

4 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

That's a good point. Given how badly Al was electrocuted Tim should have too. Why would the crew put a wire there where they know Tim is going to put a nail? How did the circuit get complete? I guess to borrow from My Cousin Vinny, the law of physics cease to exist on Home Improvement.

Plus, similar to when Tim hits Mr. Leonard with his C02 Nail gun. Those had safety switches on them. If you didn't have it pushed down for the safety catch to be against something. A nail isn't going to push out. Plus, the trigger won't press down because the release hasn't been activated. Even in Home Alone 2, both John Hughs and the Director wanted to make sure the staple guns that shot Marv had the safety pieces pushed in for the joke to work. They said: "We want it to look as realistic as possible even though it's a joke." HI never thought of that. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, readster said:

Plus, similar to when Tim hits Mr. Leonard with his C02 Nail gun. Those had safety switches on them. If you didn't have it pushed down for the safety catch to be against something. A nail isn't going to push out. Plus, the trigger won't press down because the release hasn't been activated. Even in Home Alone 2, both John Hughs and the Director wanted to make sure the staple guns that shot Marv had the safety pieces pushed in for the joke to work. They said: "We want it to look as realistic as possible even though it's a joke." HI never thought of that. 

As funny as a lot of the accidents wore. John Hughes is right its more fun when it happens in a more realistic way. It would have been more fun if it was more realistic when Tim accidentally hit Mr. Leonard. It was funny. But Tim accidently nailing his own foot to the ground made more sense. Of course the biggest ones are if you'd been electrocuted once you are going to check every single time after that to make sure everything is off. Same with tools with on and off switches. That's only a mistake your going to make once. Then you'll check every time after that to make sure its off before doing anything. 

• Love 1
On 8/25/2018 at 1:13 PM, andromeda331 said:

As funny as a lot of the accidents wore. John Hughes is right its more fun when it happens in a more realistic way. It would have been more fun if it was more realistic when Tim accidentally hit Mr. Leonard. It was funny. But Tim accidently nailing his own foot to the ground made more sense. Of course the biggest ones are if you'd been electrocuted once you are going to check every single time after that to make sure everything is off. Same with tools with on and off switches. That's only a mistake your going to make once. Then you'll check every time after that to make sure its off before doing anything. 

Right and I loved when Tim shot himself in the foot because it was more realistic and then Al mocking Tim for doing it and then Tim shooting Al right back. That was great. Right here in season 6. Sorry, even with a testing of a jet engine on an F-18. It will not moved an entire air craft carrier like that. It would move the carrier a bit, but not to the point it's moving like a hovercraft. If that was possible, ships would have more of those on them. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, readster said:

Right and I loved when Tim shot himself in the foot because it was more realistic and then Al mocking Tim for doing it and then Tim shooting Al right back. That was great. Right here in season 6. Sorry, even with a testing of a jet engine on an F-18. It will not moved an entire air craft carrier like that. It would move the carrier a bit, but not to the point it's moving like a hovercraft. If that was possible, ships would have more of those on them. 

It was very realistic and very funny. The air craft carrier no it wouldn't be that easy to move it. They certainly wouldn't make it so easy that anyone who didn't know what they were doing could accidentally make it move.      

It was very realistic and very funny. The air craft carrier no it wouldn't be that easy to move it. They certainly wouldn't make it so easy that anyone who didn't know what they were doing could accidentally make it move.      

Plus, when Tim moves the switch, it immediately activates. No way it would be hooked up like that. There would be safety features and then be told to move the switch to turn on. Plus, jet engines don't turn on very fast.

• Love 1

You have to wonder when Tim used the ground pounder and knocks Scooter the Turtle over as a result. It wasn't like Tim didn't know how to use the pounder, he also didn't rewire it. So, how is it that he lost complete control. Hit's the 1 X 4 to launch Scooter in the air so high that Al not only dives to catch him, but also misses him and Scooter lands a few seconds later? 

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, readster said:

Plus, when Tim moves the switch, it immediately activates. No way it would be hooked up like that. There would be safety features and then be told to move the switch to turn on. Plus, jet engines don't turn on very fast.

No, they don't mostly for that very reason. With something like that there's usually a sequence or something more they have to do to get it to go. Kind of like in a car starting the car doesn't make it go.   

10 hours ago, readster said:

You have to wonder when Tim used the ground pounder and knocks Scooter the Turtle over as a result. It wasn't like Tim didn't know how to use the pounder, he also didn't rewire it. So, how is it that he lost complete control. Hit's the 1 X 4 to launch Scooter in the air so high that Al not only dives to catch him, but also misses him and Scooter lands a few seconds later? 

Little Scooter must have flown even so high in the air to land after Al missed! Assuming Al had no choice but to bring Scooter with instead of leaving him at home. Why didn't he just leave Scooter in his car that would be the safest place. If he was worried that Tim would do something stupid then why not ask a crew member to watch Scooter instead of setting him where he did.  Even if Tim didn't loose control he or anyone else could have accidentally hit it since they normally don't have pets at the site. Why would Al think the turtle was safe there?

• Love 1
On 8/30/2018 at 5:05 PM, andromeda331 said:

Little Scooter must have flown even so high in the air to land after Al missed! Assuming Al had no choice but to bring Scooter with instead of leaving him at home. Why didn't he just leave Scooter in his car that would be the safest place. If he was worried that Tim would do something stupid then why not ask a crew member to watch Scooter instead of setting him where he did.  Even if Tim didn't loose control he or anyone else could have accidentally hit it since they normally don't have pets at the site. Why would Al think the turtle was safe there?

Yes, I felt like Al set himself up for Scooter to get injured. Also, landing in wet cement isn't really good for anyone. Once that starts to dry it can feel like having a super mud pack on you and it starts to burn. Now, granted Dana saw things were fine with Scooter and was just going to soak Scooter with the rest of the cement eventually just dissolving. I don't really blame Tim, he didn't know what to do. The boys had hamsters growing up, they stayed in cages in their room. You have your co-worker say that their mother's pet turtle is acting depress and putting him where Al can be scene. Tim didn't think he be knocked back by the pounder, because he knew how to run them. Also, if you at what was happening, Tim was doing fine and then when he stepped back it magically started going faster and then he was knocked back towards Scooter. 

Going forward a bit to Ian showing up as the granite guy in his second appearance. How long was it taking him to redo their kitchen? Ian might have not known how to keep his horniness to himself. However, he was taking a little TOO long on those counters. It was just two main counters that weren't that long. If he was SO Good, that job would have taken him two days at the worst. He acted like he was making the David statue. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, readster said:

Yes, I felt like Al set himself up for Scooter to get injured. Also, landing in wet cement isn't really good for anyone. Once that starts to dry it can feel like having a super mud pack on you and it starts to burn. Now, granted Dana saw things were fine with Scooter and was just going to soak Scooter with the rest of the cement eventually just dissolving. I don't really blame Tim, he didn't know what to do. The boys had hamsters growing up, they stayed in cages in their room. You have your co-worker say that their mother's pet turtle is acting depress and putting him where Al can be scene. Tim didn't think he be knocked back by the pounder, because he knew how to run them. Also, if you at what was happening, Tim was doing fine and then when he stepped back it magically started going faster and then he was knocked back towards Scooter. 

He really was. Even if he had to bring the Scooter along (I love his name!) there were so many other places he could have put Scooter where he would be safe. In his car, if they had any tables off from the shooting site, or in the hands of the crew. 

Going forward a bit to Ian showing up as the granite guy in his second appearance. How long was it taking him to redo their kitchen? Ian might have not known how to keep his horniness to himself. However, he was taking a little TOO long on those counters. It was just two main counters that weren't that long. If he was SO Good, that job would have taken him two days at the worst. He acted like he was making the David statue. 

Maybe he wasn't that good at his job. He easily could have had that finished in a day. Two counters don't take that long.  I still can't believe Ian had no problem hitting on Jill in her own house. It makes me wonder how often he has done that before. Sure he knew she had crush but she also told him she was married. When he saw her again at her house she was still married. Zero signs she had or was planning on leaving her husband. Liking his lunch and giving him a ride home aren't really signs that she's interested in cheating on her husband or leaving him. Most likely he didn't care and just wanted an affair before he moved onto someone else. That's the second time Jill's been hit on in her own house by men who know she's married. The first guy did so while Tim was at home! Who does that? That's a good way to get beaten up. Although I have a feeling Ian probably would have done the same thing even if Tim had been home. 

• Love 1

Find it funny when Tim has the body builder, Corey show up. Tim has installed high power magnets to make her look bad. First of all, how the HELL did Tim get high powered electron magnetism built into a CEMENT floor. Then do it without Al noticing and when Corey still manages to pull the dead lift weights (135 lbs along with the magnets) she pulls not only them out, but two bowl size pieces of cement with her. That would be around 275 lbs. Plus, pulling out the magnets would have also shorted out the room if Tim flipping the switch caused a power surge. Plus, really, Tim knew who Corey was (hell I knew who she was back in the day). Tim really feels that he needs to embarrass her since she is a woman?

Edited by readster
fixed some errors
  • Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:06 AM, readster said:

Find it funny when Tim has the body builder, Corey show up. Tim has installed high power magnets to make her look bad. First of all, how the HELL did Tim get high powered electron magnetism built into a CEMENT floor. Then do it without Al noticing and when Corey still manages to pull the dead lift weights (135 lbs along with the magnets) she pulls not only them out, but two bowl size pieces of cement with her. That would be around 275 lbs. Plus, pulling out the magnets would have also shorted out the room if Tim flipping the switch caused a power surge. Plus, really, Tim knew who Corey was (hell I knew who she was back in the day). Tim really feels that he needs to embarrass her since she is a woman?

I guess he does which isn't cool Tim. It makes him look bad not Corey. Corey ended up looking awesome. There's no way Tim would have been able to do that. 

• Love 1

I guess he does which isn't cool Tim. It makes him look bad not Corey. Corey ended up looking awesome. There's no way Tim would have been able to do that. 

How true and it just came that Tim wanted to do it because Corey was a woman. It wasn't like K & B's new foreman who was not only a woman, but knew tools and construction better than Tim or even Al. That would bruise Tim's ego and pride more than someone who is showing you how to work out and lift correctly. 

• Love 1

So, Tim, Al and Heidi redo a room to make it a wine cellar. Yet, Al doesn't first check the basement to make sure they re enforce it first? That doesn't sound like Al at all, plus when you rebuild a room like that (fast too). You have plans, we have seen plans before, you are really trying to tell us that there were no plans on rebuilding the room into a wine cellar? Tim even goes: "We did? I thought you did?" to Al. So, Tim knew that the floor needed to be taken care of with the extra weight. Also, interesting that a 15 x 18 wine holder not only goes through a CARPETED floor easily and leave a almost perfect rectangle hole as a result. Plus, if you have a moisterizer that is keeping the room cool and right for wine bottles. You don't want a carpeted floor, that will eventually grow mold. You want a vinyl floor, granite or hard wood floor. Easy to clean, easy to grip for mulitple wine racks. Plus, the classic: "just add one more thing and it falls apart" joke that has been on TV for years. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, readster said:

So, Tim, Al and Heidi redo a room to make it a wine cellar. Yet, Al doesn't first check the basement to make sure they re enforce it first? That doesn't sound like Al at all, plus when you rebuild a room like that (fast too). You have plans, we have seen plans before, you are really trying to tell us that there were no plans on rebuilding the room into a wine cellar? Tim even goes: "We did? I thought you did?" to Al. So, Tim knew that the floor needed to be taken care of with the extra weight. Also, interesting that a 15 x 18 wine holder not only goes through a CARPETED floor easily and leave a almost perfect rectangle hole as a result. Plus, if you have a moisterizer that is keeping the room cool and right for wine bottles. You don't want a carpeted floor, that will eventually grow mold. You want a vinyl floor, granite or hard wood floor. Easy to clean, easy to grip for mulitple wine racks. Plus, the classic: "just add one more thing and it falls apart" joke that has been on TV for years. 

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. They would have had plans and Tim never would have said he thought Al took care of the floor unless he really though Al had. Why wouldn't they have made sure on that. Especially, Al who's always all over Tim to make sure he does things right and pointing out when he's not doesn't take care of re-enforcing the floor? Why wouldn't he? That's something you need to do no matter what your building. I agree about the carpet who is going to put that in a wine cellar? They don't have those specifically for that reason it would mold. That why they always have vinyl, granite or hard wood. It would like carpeting the bathroom why when your going to have a hard time cleaning it every time the toilet over flows. It makes no sense. What also makes no sense is the tree cutting laser tool but without the red laser. So the person holding it could really end up cutting anything and everything when they happen to have it facing anything. That would be like making a nail gun that goes off every time you hold it.  Tim would hardly be the only one who made that mistake. 

• Love 1