Type keyword(s) to search

Errah! How did that happen?

Tim "the tool man" Taylor did some crazy rewiring and a few other things over the years. However, blowing up telephones, remote control helicopters that attacked people or that Al could just magically fix things by touching them like Fonzi. What strange things on Home Improvement just never made sense? Post your thoughts here.

58 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Putting his grill in orbit? 

Or the fact the grill was able to burn for about four days according to the time line of that episode. Rocket fuel burns fast and burns up realllllyyyy fast! How about when Tim did the 21 nail gun solute to John Bidford's death. First of all, why were they on a full 360 degree turn and why did Tim need a regular wireless remote for them?

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, readster said:

Or the fact the grill was able to burn for about four days according to the time line of that episode. Rocket fuel burns fast and burns up realllllyyyy fast! How about when Tim did the 21 nail gun solute to John Bidford's death. First of all, why were they on a full 360 degree turn and why did Tim need a regular wireless remote for them?

True why would he need a remote for that. There's also the episode where he fires a nail gun straight at a picture of Bob Villa and every single one misses. Seems unlikely even for Tim. Shouldn't the grill be in pieces by the end of four days if there's anything left? 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

True why would he need a remote for that. There's also the episode where he fires a nail gun straight at a picture of Bob Villa and every single one misses. Seems unlikely even for Tim. Shouldn't the grill be in pieces by the end of four days if there's anything left? 

No kidding. I mean, I know the joke was that Tim is a moron, but really, it wasn't like there was a lot of recoil with that nail gun to do that. However, what really gets me when they blow up Benny's aunt's house from a second gas leak. First of all, it was Benny's fault for everything. Plus, when you fix a gas leak, you are to check other areas with a spray bottle of soap and water. To see if there are any leaks in main areas. I mean they replaced the entire part of the heater, not like on a stove or something. Al would have done that. You have to check to see if any other areas are leaking gas. Plus, the clap light going on and then enough of a 5 second delay from the explosion. Yeah, it doesn't work that way and more than half of the house would have been blown apart. Something that also bothered me. Who was paying for Benny's cell phone?

Of course was also Tim falling through the roof that was bad. He jumped onto a bad spot directly. You could see it. 

Edited by readster
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, readster said:

No kidding. I mean, I know the joke was that Tim is a moron, but really, it wasn't like there was a lot of recoil with that nail gun to do that. However, what really gets me when they blow up Benny's aunt's house from a second gas leak. First of all, it was Benny's fault for everything. Plus, when you fix a gas leak, you are to check other areas with a spray bottle of soap and water. To see if there are any leaks in main areas. I mean they replaced the entire part of the heater, not like on a stove or something. Al would have done that. You have to check to see if any other areas are leaking gas. Plus, the clap light going on and then enough of a 5 second delay from the explosion. Yeah, it doesn't work that way and more than half of the house would have been blown apart. Something that also bothered me. Who was paying for Benny's cell phone?

That drove me crazy too! It wasn't his fault. It was Benny's for not telling them about the second leak. Yes, they should have looked at other places before starting. But also Benny knew there was a second link. Yet they keep blaming Tim. 

Of course was also Tim falling through the roof that was bad. He jumped onto a bad spot directly. You could see it. 

Yeah that was a bad one. He should have been able to see it before he jumped.  

• Love 1

Was watching where Al was beveling a table leg and Tim was talking about not having loose clothing. His entire shirt gets ripped off of him by the spinning rack. Considering that Tim is standing at least an entire person away. It's even more glaring when Tim is trying to cover himself you can see the space between him and Al. Another thing, why is Al giving Tim such a dirty look, especially when he turns off the spinner and where did Tim's shirt go?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, readster said:

Was watching where Al was beveling a table leg and Tim was talking about not having loose clothing. His entire shirt gets ripped off of him by the spinning rack. Considering that Tim is standing at least an entire person away. It's even more glaring when Tim is trying to cover himself you can see the space between him and Al. Another thing, why is Al giving Tim such a dirty look, especially when he turns off the spinner and where did Tim's shirt go?

Yeah, where did his shirt go? Shouldn't it be on the spinner? Could he have yanked it off the spinner and tossed it to Tim? How did it get ripped off when he was far enough away for that to happen? He would have had to back up a bit for that to happen.  The one where he takes the thing from a hand held vacuum to put it on his little racecar for Mark's birthday. Could it really go that fast and break a window? The hand held helicopter that managed to open the doors and come into the house? How was that possible?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, where did his shirt go? Shouldn't it be on the spinner? Could he have yanked it off the spinner and tossed it to Tim? How did it get ripped off when he was far enough away for that to happen? He would have had to back up a bit for that to happen.  The one where he takes the thing from a hand held vacuum to put it on his little racecar for Mark's birthday. Could it really go that fast and break a window? The hand held helicopter that managed to open the doors and come into the house? How was that possible?

How about when Tim rewired the vacuum to the point it almost sucked Mark in. I also remember when Tim got a new weed edger and went to use it and somehow cut his pants up. How would Tim have it that close to his legs to cut them to the point there was nothing left? Then Tim meeting Randy's girlfriend at the time, Dana's parents. 'It wasn't like we didn't see Tim mowing the lawn, doing yard work, which he was proud of to magically get so excited about a new trimmer he cut his pants off and yet has no signs of cuts or alterations on his legs?

• Love 1

How about when Tim rewired the vacuum to the point it almost sucked Mark in. I also remember when Tim got a new weed edger and went to use it and somehow cut his pants up. How would Tim have it that close to his legs to cut them to the point there was nothing left? Then Tim meeting Randy's girlfriend at the time, Dana's parents. 'It wasn't like we didn't see Tim mowing the lawn, doing yard work, which he was proud of to magically get so excited about a new trimmer he cut his pants off and yet has no signs of cuts or alterations on his legs?

That's another good one! Don't forget the disposal that will handle anything you put in it. 

8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That's another good one! Don't forget the disposal that will handle anything you put in it. 

That was actually cool, but the fact that Tim destroyed a perfectly good and most likely expensive hockey stick and full deli roll. I get that Tim got carried away, but really. That was a waste of money right there. I was watching the last few episodes and they kept going back to the time Tim got his tongue stuck to his hammer. Considering he was knocked over by his rotating Santa and landed face first on the hammer. He is lucky he didn't knock his teeth out, but that was like a regular accident that could have happened to anyone working outside in the winter. Yet, everyone acted like it was Tim being Tim again. It wasn't like gluing his head to the table. That was something he should have been able to avoid. Just like the toilet he glued his hand to when Felix the plumber told him it was instant glue. It wasn't like Tim didn't know what it was. 

• Love 1

The blizzard hot rod episode just aired last night. Wow! I forgot how much inconsistencies were in the episode. First of all, the episode starts with Tim's souped up power washer inscribing "Al's a Gal" into the wall. First of all, you could tell the set was in California. Looks like a nice sunny day in LA and yet later in the episode the get covered in a blizzard and you even see that there is snow outside when the boys leave for their hockey game. The entire graffiti situation could have been fixed long ago, especially in season 7 when the building was shown to be a different color and yet Al's a gal is still there. You are really trying to tell me, they couldn't sizzle out and re cemented the words before the building was repainted? You are really having us believe that the money that Bud had in Bindford at the time and how well the US economy was doing in the mid to late 90s, they didn't have the money to fix it? That Al, as pissed off as he was , didn't fix it himself? That Al after being shown all that still went and helped Tim with the hot rod and Tim wouldn't let him eat? If I would have been Al, I would have said: "Go to hell and get Wilson to help." Speaking of Wilson, he gave the heater to Jill that Tim used, but yet he didn't go and help? That only Jill thought about using two hair dryers to dry the hot rod faster? That she even had time to wax it? Jill who never knew anything about cars? Also, how did Tim and the boys get home so easily if there was a Blizzard that dumped enough snow to not only cover the hot rod, but looks like it dumped half a foot of snow in the process? When the backyard looked like it was just 2 inches. 

• Love 1

I just watched the episode where they were doing Life Hacks for cooking or setting up food. Tim through the episode tries to do the fish cooking, but doesn't use the dry cycle, just everything else. Making a mess in the dishwasher. OK, here is a problem, if you are to wrap up a fish that tightly (my uncle did this once) and it's on the top rack of a dish washer. The foil is not going to come off that easily and destroy the fish like that. I mean, everyone told Tim that you had to use the "dry cycle" and yet he keeps trying to do everything else. First of all, he is hit over the head not to do that and another thing is how loosely was he wrapping that tin foil to have the dishwashers destroy the fish like that?

Two computer things that made no sense to me was when Tim tried powering up Randy's computer to get Zombie Sneak attack to load faster. How did that effect the game? The computer sure, but the game? Plus, Tim rewiring a computer? Why didn't he just buy a few upgrade memory chips? Another was when Jill got her new laptop and Mark and Brad told her if she left the computer before it was done printing it would delete the entire file? Umm... huh? What the Hell word processor document were they using? You save your work and THEN print! Plus, how Tim just came in to play his dumb monkey game. Officially assuming Jill was done with her paper because the message said: "Done working!" 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, readster said:

I just watched the episode where they were doing Life Hacks for cooking or setting up food. Tim through the episode tries to do the fish cooking, but doesn't use the dry cycle, just everything else. Making a mess in the dishwasher. OK, here is a problem, if you are to wrap up a fish that tightly (my uncle did this once) and it's on the top rack of a dish washer. The foil is not going to come off that easily and destroy the fish like that. I mean, everyone told Tim that you had to use the "dry cycle" and yet he keeps trying to do everything else. First of all, he is hit over the head not to do that and another thing is how loosely was he wrapping that tin foil to have the dishwashers destroy the fish like that?

So that really works? I've always wondered. I don't know why Tim kept trying the different cycles. But I did laugh every time his beeper went off and it meant another fish he was trying to cook. 

Two computer things that made no sense to me was when Tim tried powering up Randy's computer to get Zombie Sneak attack to load faster. How did that effect the game? The computer sure, but the game? Plus, Tim rewiring a computer? Why didn't he just buy a few upgrade memory chips? Another was when Jill got her new laptop and Mark and Brad told her if she left the computer before it was done printing it would delete the entire file? Umm... huh? What the Hell word processor document were they using? You save your work and THEN print! Plus, how Tim just came in to play his dumb monkey game. Officially assuming Jill was done with her paper because the message said: "Done working!" 

Why didn't Jill save her document? I know computers were new (or newer) then but she worked for a magazine. There's no way she wouldn't have learned to save the document. The computer would have said "Done Working" or "Finished printing the document" something that wouldn't let him bring up the game unless he clicked on it.  Tim's comment about trying to add more power I can't remember if he didn't know how computers worked if he thought that would be about the same as rewiring the other stuff. But maybe. It did remind me the first time my family got a computer and stupid questions my brother and I had as our mom showed us how to work it (she worked for a computer company. Which worked great. They were always getting rid of old computers to their employees for free or for a really, really cheap discount). And then later explaining how it worked to other family members. 

• Love 1

I was just watching Randy's basement room episode. So, two of the biggest are 1: when Tim puts the shelf up and tells Al he used his eye to make sure it was level and Al is proven wrong when he sees that Tim did it right. However, a few seconds later the shelf falls. You can see there ARE NO HOLES where it would have been screwed in. Which leads to Tim putting a hole in the drywall. He is putting a nail in the center of the dry wall, where you can see he has the rest aligned with the studs. He also doesn't really hit the dry wall that hard to put his hammer through it. Something else, how did Mark think that Randy's newspaper article he uses for the hamster cage was trash? He had it buried in his folder and Mark says: "I thought it was trash so I used it." So Mark was on Randy's desk, sees a few pages sticking out of his brother's folder and thinks it's trash that Randy just took home? 

• Love 1

They were just showing the vivasectomy episode again and when Tim uses a more high powered engine to move the refridgerator. Not only does it take off and hit someone off camera, the problem is the engine to allow it to be moved through air in a hover craft like fashion. First of all, they showed just a few seconds before that the engine needs to stay on in order to move the fridge. Plus, the person who gets pinned to the wall is far enough away he could have gotten out of the way. Plus, it's a stainless steel fridge. Even with "more power" the fridge wouldn't have gotten more than a few feet before it stopped. It was on a smooth platform and not on wheels. So, no way it could have made it that far.  

Also later on in the "Fear of Flying" Episode. Why did Al after shifting the gear shift slam on the gas that hard? Even if Tim messed up the talk about which way to shift the truck, you don't just slam on the gas and go. Not in a gear shift car. Plus, how old was that "vintage" gear knob Tim found for Bud that didn't have any labels?

• Love 1

Jill's high school reunion has a lot of head scratchers. First you add in Tim and Jack trying to fix the speaker. Jack apparently doesn't double check to see if things are coming in clear with the mic. Next, Tim just starts plugging random pieces into the different outlets. Especially after he gets zapped the first time. Also, when the speaker starts its fire, why is the front of the plant smoking instead of the speaker? Also, when in the following Christmas Episode, the pastor won't let Tim have a candle, but sees him with his own mini blow torch and yet doesn't blink? He was that worried Tim would start a fire, but doesn't care if Tim has a device that if gone wrong could burst into flames. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I know there's no reason you'd never need too. But watching Tim start up that port-a-potty and drive of the set in it was awesome. 

Oh it was and pretty awesome. In fact, Tim putting a little movable motor on it, that isn't impossible. The problem with the episode is Fred Applegate's character using the the port-a-potty because the problem with example ones, they aren't filled with the chemical sanitation. Since you don't want that spilling and staining things. Plus, he had to go that bad and the fact he would have to clean up his own mess and that they would have to get it outside to a wash hose. That was out there. Another thing, when Al says: "And they were going to fire me." Well, duh Al, that was why. You rather just put things together and not be interesting. That was the problem with Bud, he didn't see how Tim and Al balanced each other. Without Al, everyone would get tired of Tim screwing up all the time. If Tim was gone, everyone would just see a boring repair, building person. 

Now, on a big question, when Tim was being hit by the former president on their budget problems. When he said the Man's Kitchen ate up their budget for the rest of the year, yet they get two famous Indie 500 race car drivers to show up. Not to mention the various guest stars from the Manhatten Transfer to Bob Villa showing up 3 times and even Kimberly Clarice Aiken, John Elway, Eric Hipple, Evander Holyfield, Sean Jones, and Bill Pickel for H4H. So, apparently, money was only a problem when Tim one Big Thing and decides to do a location filming. However, when Bud shows up and yes pours "more money" into Binford. They have no budget problems? It's one thing or the other, can't be both. I think it was more designed for Wes to try and get back at Tim, since they both hated each other. I just don't get why John Binford's family or board made Wes president. Yes, he was the 2nd best tool salesman for the company, but really none of the 3 daughters were interested in running the company or their possible spouses? That's not how the chain of command works or how Company Boards are ran. 

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, readster said:

Oh it was and pretty awesome. In fact, Tim putting a little movable motor on it, that isn't impossible. The problem with the episode is Fred Applegate's character using the the port-a-potty because the problem with example ones, they aren't filled with the chemical sanitation. Since you don't want that spilling and staining things. Plus, he had to go that bad and the fact he would have to clean up his own mess and that they would have to get it outside to a wash hose. That was out there. Another thing, when Al says: "And they were going to fire me." Well, duh Al, that was why. You rather just put things together and not be interesting. That was the problem with Bud, he didn't see how Tim and Al balanced each other. Without Al, everyone would get tired of Tim screwing up all the time. If Tim was gone, everyone would just see a boring repair, building person. 

Now, on a big question, when Tim was being hit by the former president on their budget problems. When he said the Man's Kitchen ate up their budget for the rest of the year, yet they get two famous Indie 500 race car drivers to show up. Not to mention the various guest stars from the Manhatten Transfer to Bob Villa showing up 3 times and even Kimberly Clarice Aiken, John Elway, Eric Hipple, Evander Holyfield, Sean Jones, and Bill Pickel for H4H. So, apparently, money was only a problem when Tim one Big Thing and decides to do a location filming. However, when Bud shows up and yes pours "more money" into Binford. They have no budget problems? It's one thing or the other, can't be both. I think it was more designed for Wes to try and get back at Tim, since they both hated each other. I just don't get why John Binford's family or board made Wes president. Yes, he was the 2nd best tool salesman for the company, but really none of the 3 daughters were interested in running the company or their possible spouses? That's not how the chain of command works or how Company Boards are ran. 

The budget should be place where there would be a problem. But yes its hard to say its a problem when they are able to get as many famous guests on the show. Not all of those people are coming for free. Bud never mentions budget problems which they should have considering all of the accidents. Where is that money coming out of? Its the same when ever they try to claim ratings are down or they need to try and reach a younger crowd. Why would a show that has astronauts have problems with ratings or getting more cities. They had the crew from the Endeavor and Columbia. NASA car, the Manhattan Transfer, and John Elway? They did remote shoots on USS Constellation. Most talk shows now would kill to have those guest list. They had Bob Villa coming on the show a lot.  The episode when their trying sell the show to the Swedes there's no sign of Bud but instead we have a producer named Fred who we've never seen before and he waits until that day to tell Tim the Andrettis canceled. The very day of? Of course they can't find anyone else to fill in. Fred claims to find someone exciting which is Drew Carey playing a roadkill collector and is he boring. Was Fred in charge of the show that day? How did he get that job and why did he wait so long to tell Tim? He seriously could have jeopardize the show. We never see him again hopefully he was fired. 

I do kind of wish Binford went to someone in the family not Maureen but maybe another daughter? That would been really cool to see a woman running Binford and loved tools.   

I agree about without Tim the show would be boring, and without Al, the show would just be annoying with Tim messing around. They balanced each other out and made a good time. 

• Love 1

ost talk shows now would kill to have those guest list. They had Bob Villa coming on the show a lot.  The episode when their trying sell the show to the Swedes there's no sign of Bud but instead we have a producer named Fred who we've never seen before and he waits until that day to tell Tim the Andrettis canceled. The very day of? Of course they can't find anyone else to fill in. Fred claims to find someone exciting which is Drew Carey playing a roadkill collector and is he boring. Was Fred in charge of the show that day? How did he get that job and why did he wait so long to tell Tim? He seriously could have jeopardize the show. We never see him again hopefully he was fired. 

No kidding, I know it had to do with Charles Robertson was busy with other projects, but it seemed the writers had to write very idiotic characters to make a story work. Maureen, Fred, Wes, Morgan. You knew the writers didn't know how a company worked outside basic of knowing there are buy outs and people get put in places of power no reason what's so ever. However, it has to make sense. Maureen was basically daddy left her in charge and he ran away to have sex with a woman half his age, but forgot about running a very successful portion of his company. Wes was: "Cut corners and budget, budget, budget." Fred was: "Duh... me not know what to do." Morgan was; "Copy this, copy that, I'm super awesome!" Basically they were Mr. Slate and the Board of Directors from the Flintstones. You have the load boss, who finds everything wrong, because he can. However, you find out they are being pressured by the higher ups who are worst and have limited views on things. But when it comes down to it, what would be the real solution? Get rid of the people who are causing money to go down the drain and put people who know what they are doing. 

Now, back onto things making no sense on the show tool wise. How about the interview area? You have it magically having control problems and other times it worked no problem. Why didn't it work the first time? Plus, if you could just pop up in the back drop if you got caught behind, why was it such a horror. Also, it was fast, but even men in their 40s could escape it, it wasn't moving that fast. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, readster said:

No kidding, I know it had to do with Charles Robertson was busy with other projects, but it seemed the writers had to write very idiotic characters to make a story work. Maureen, Fred, Wes, Morgan. You knew the writers didn't know how a company worked outside basic of knowing there are buy outs and people get put in places of power no reason what's so ever. However, it has to make sense. Maureen was basically daddy left her in charge and he ran away to have sex with a woman half his age, but forgot about running a very successful portion of his company. Wes was: "Cut corners and budget, budget, budget." Fred was: "Duh... me not know what to do." Morgan was; "Copy this, copy that, I'm super awesome!" Basically they were Mr. Slate and the Board of Directors from the Flintstones. You have the load boss, who finds everything wrong, because he can. However, you find out they are being pressured by the higher ups who are worst and have limited views on things. But when it comes down to it, what would be the real solution? Get rid of the people who are causing money to go down the drain and put people who know what they are doing. 

I love your description of Morgan best! So funny and so true. Sorry Morgan your not awesome or going to make it very far in that business. Audiences know when your trying to copy stuff into their show and they don't like it. It doesn't work because that's not what the show was ever about. And your not going to get any new viewers because they don't want to see a copy of a show their already watching because it always sucks. Its like when there's a hit show like LOST then suddenly there's a flood of similar shows that rarely last because their trying to copy the success from LOST and usually just take an idea and throw it together without bothering to develop it. They failed because they were trying to do LOST's thing instead of develop their own story and ideas.  A lot of talk shows tried to follow the Jerry Springer style but they failed because it was a copy. Why watch stage fighting on Tool Time when you can just watch Jerry Springer. Also, if a show that isn't about that topic suddenly starts doing stuff like that most people assume its because the numbers are down and its a last ditch effort to save the show.  

Now, back onto things making no sense on the show tool wise. How about the interview area? You have it magically having control problems and other times it worked no problem. Why didn't it work the first time? Plus, if you could just pop up in the back drop if you got caught behind, why was it such a horror. Also, it was fast, but even men in their 40s could escape it, it wasn't moving that fast. 

No, it wasn't moving very fast. Al should have been able to get out of it in no time. It should have worked fine then. Also where did Al go? He ducked and what remained locked in there? How would that work with how it opened and closed? I don't know why they needed something that fancy. I always liked the old sitting on stools section. Maybe get Al a chair but it seems like a lot of money to waste in an interview area. How often would you use it? Most of the time there's too many people as guests or doing a project with them. I like the feel of the old set. It felt like you were stepping into a garage or work area. I did like they added more fire extinguishers.  

One bit I did love was the one about fire safety and Tim says he of course has something extra. Al naturally freaks that he doesn't want to get wet and the audience doesn't either. Tim goes to open the door Al ducks and it turns out to be a fireman. It was really clever. Thanks to all Tim's accidents Al and the audience would be worried they were about to get soaked. But nope he anticipated that and did something different.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

No, it wasn't moving very fast. Al should have been able to get out of it in no time. It should have worked fine then. Also where did Al go? He ducked and what remained locked in there? How would that work with how it opened and closed? I don't know why they needed something that fancy. I always liked the old sitting on stools section. Maybe get Al a chair but it seems like a lot of money to waste in an interview area. How often would you use it? Most of the time there's too many people as guests or doing a project with them. I like the feel of the old set. It felt like you were stepping into a garage or work area. I did like they added more fire extinguishers.  

One bit I did love was the one about fire safety and Tim says he of course has something extra. Al naturally freaks that he doesn't want to get wet and the audience doesn't either. Tim goes to open the door Al ducks and it turns out to be a fireman. It was really clever. Thanks to all Tim's accidents Al and the audience would be worried they were about to get soaked. But nope he anticipated that and did something different.

Tim did surprise Al several times with things and it was great when it did. Now, one interesting thing that made no sense was Tim's super electric screw driver when he was trying to out shine the new K & B Construction Foreman who was a woman. He rigged it so it would screw things in faster, and yet, not only does it get stuck on one screw, it goes and punches a hole in the entire wall. Ok, two problems, Tim could have let go on the button (he is shown holding it down when it gets stuck). 2nd an electric screw driver won't launch onto a screw like that. You have to put force on it. The "more power" screw driver was just that, added power to go faster. Tim still had to apply force to drive the screw in and boy, while Tim got stuck in the wall, the new foreman sure put her screws in fast when she was distracted 3 times. Yeah, that made no sense. 

I love your description of Morgan best! So funny and so true. Sorry Morgan your not awesome or going to make it very far in that business. Audiences know when your trying to copy stuff into their show and they don't like it. It doesn't work because that's not what the show was ever about. And your not going to get any new viewers because they don't want to see a copy of a show their already watching because it always sucks. Its like when there's a hit show like LOST then suddenly there's a flood of similar shows that rarely last because their trying to copy the success from LOST and usually just take an idea and throw it together without bothering to develop it. They failed because they were trying to do LOST's thing instead of develop their own story and ideas.  A lot of talk shows tried to follow the Jerry Springer style but they failed because it was a copy. Why watch stage fighting on Tool Time when you can just watch Jerry Springer. Also, if a show that isn't about that topic suddenly starts doing stuff like that most people assume its because the numbers are down and its a last ditch effort to save the show.  

Thanks and also with the new set, I felt they made good use of it that season and the next two season, but it was wasted in the final season. Especially the last 5 months of the show when Bud was making all the changes and bringing in Morgan and then saying they weren't going to use Binford tools anymore. I wanted to go: "All your set says Binford and you want to not use them now, huh?" It belongs in this talk because really, the business model the last season and when Wes was president didn't make sense. They were making some really bad, and I do mean bad business decisions. Even a ma and pa store who maybe just finished high school would know how to run a business better. For someone like Bud who had a Masters and years of experience. He acted like some kid fresh out of college. Same goes with John Binford, I'm sure he did build his company from the ground up, but he then fell into the: "I have money and a hot young wife now, my company will survive fine." Don't sound like people who had this: "Love what you do." 

• Love 1

Tim creates motorized Pumpkin Racer, which is illegal to use. It not only goes so fast to break through the track but then burst into flames like it was a bomb? Then let's head over to Christmas and the introduction and only appearance of Parker, Lillian's new boyfriend. So, Tim's motorize Santa that Parker helped him build magically flew off the track, bounced off 3 cars and knocked out the judges all in 2 seconds? Yeah, huh? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, readster said:

Tim creates motorized Pumpkin Racer, which is illegal to use. It not only goes so fast to break through the track but then burst into flames like it was a bomb? Then let's head over to Christmas and the introduction and only appearance of Parker, Lillian's new boyfriend. So, Tim's motorize Santa that Parker helped him build magically flew off the track, bounced off 3 cars and knocked out the judges all in 2 seconds? Yeah, huh? 

Even more funny since we saw Santa as he fell and there's no way. It wasn't going fast enough knock them out and definitely wasn't heavy enough to knock out three people. I wish we saw more of Parker. I liked him a lot. He came up with a way for Tim do what he wanted without breaking the Christmas lights rule and seemed really great.  It would have be nice to see him again. I still kind of wish we had seeing Lillian or Lucille or maybe both remarry and how the family adjusted to that. A stepparent, a new stepgrandparent, it could have been really interesting.

• Love 1

When Tim was doing adjustments on the ice sculptures and even the balloon with shaving cream. Where did Tim think he wouldn't pop the balloon or damage any of the ice sculpture? I mean he was going sharp with those items so having them damage was kind of a "duh" on Tim. Same goes when he got electrocuted with the aluminum fly fishing rod and electrocutes himself with the light. The handle is wood and cork. How is it conducting electricity? 

• Love 1

Three interesting things I just noticed since the final season is airing on Laff. How is that Al made a cake that looked like the chair in the studio. Yet, Tim can't smell it and Al had no problem moving it in the studio without getting chocolate on the floor. Mark and Brad try to get grape soda out of the couch. yet, they make it worst with everything. So, grape soda just magically gets more liquid the more you try to clean it up? Stains don't do that. When Brad hurts his knee on the carpet. What did he fall on? He rolls to the side and then his knee is magically all messed up. He didn't hit anything hard or trip hard enough for it to happen. Same goes when Tim throws his shoulders out of place a few episodes later. He wasn't lifting 80 lbs weight and he lifted it perfectly. Apparently Tim and Brad have weak joins and ligaments. Plus, the kid who has his father beat Tim up for getting his race car smashed. Really, Al and Heidi just stood there while he did that to Tim? Plus, the kid purposely moved the car towards the steam roller, so is it Tim's fault? No, it's the kid, but no Tim has to be the bad guy to deserve the beating. 

• Love 1

Three interesting things I just noticed since the final season is airing on Laff. How is that Al made a cake that looked like the chair in the studio. Yet, Tim can't smell it and Al had no problem moving it in the studio without getting chocolate on the floor. Mark and Brad try to get grape soda out of the couch. yet, they make it worst with everything. So, grape soda just magically gets more liquid the more you try to clean it up? Stains don't do that. When Brad hurts his knee on the carpet. What did he fall on? He rolls to the side and then his knee is magically all messed up. He didn't hit anything hard or trip hard enough for it to happen. Same goes when Tim throws his shoulders out of place a few episodes later. He wasn't lifting 80 lbs weight and he lifted it perfectly. Apparently Tim and Brad have weak joins and ligaments. Plus, the kid who has his father beat Tim up for getting his race car smashed. Really, Al and Heidi just stood there while he did that to Tim? Plus, the kid purposely moved the car towards the steam roller, so is it Tim's fault? No, it's the kid, but no Tim has to be the bad guy to deserve the beating. 

No, stains don't do that. Why didn't they asking Wilson or look up online how to get rid of a grape stain? 

Heh, so the soccer player hurts his knee on carpet and Tim who lifts tools and stuff all the time throws his shoulders out of place? Maybe they should see their doctor about that. Tim's might have made more sense if he ends up injuring an old injury. But he lifts something he should have no problem lifting. 

Speaking of the kid's father, so he's going to beat up Tim in front of witnesses and on tape? That should make it easier to press charges which Tim should have. Even Tim purposely ran over the kid's toy, which he didn't. Its no excuse for beating him up. The camera should have caught the kid purposely moved his car behind the steam roller. 

20 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

No, stains don't do that. Why didn't they asking Wilson or look up online how to get rid of a grape stain? 

Heh, so the soccer player hurts his knee on carpet and Tim who lifts tools and stuff all the time throws his shoulders out of place? Maybe they should see their doctor about that. Tim's might have made more sense if he ends up injuring an old injury. But he lifts something he should have no problem lifting. 

Speaking of the kid's father, so he's going to beat up Tim in front of witnesses and on tape? That should make it easier to press charges which Tim should have. Even Tim purposely ran over the kid's toy, which he didn't. Its no excuse for beating him up. The camera should have caught the kid purposely moved his car behind the steam roller. 

Would have been a problem since Wilson was with them on the trip. Of course, we have no idea where the couch went and the next episode, it is magically back and in great condition. Also, Mark thought red wine would get out grape soda? I knew red wine stained when I was in 2nd grade. Also, not a tool issue, but when Tim drove Al's new car and he said he got a speeding ticket. How did he get it? I mean, he was shown going around the block and everyone joking about it. We never heard police sirens and then he speeds back to the street and yet proudly shows off his speeding ticket. Umm... I got a speeding ticket and no matter the car, I be going really slow on the way home. Plus, how did Tim show it was Al's car and he was just having fun? It was late 1998, the cop would have been following him back. 

• Love 1

Would have been a problem since Wilson was with them on the trip. Of course, we have no idea where the couch went and the next episode, it is magically back and in great condition. Also, Mark thought red wine would get out grape soda? I knew red wine stained when I was in 2nd grade. Also, not a tool issue, but when Tim drove Al's new car and he said he got a speeding ticket. How did he get it? I mean, he was shown going around the block and everyone joking about it. We never heard police sirens and then he speeds back to the street and yet proudly shows off his speeding ticket. Umm... I got a speeding ticket and no matter the car, I be going really slow on the way home. Plus, how did Tim show it was Al's car and he was just having fun? It was late 1998, the cop would have been following him back. 

I forgot Wilson was on the trip. Hey, why didn't they ask Lucille? Jill said she was going to be checking in on the boys, why not ask her? She raised a houseful of boys and probably had no shortage of ways to get that out. Or looked it up online. They would have found a bunch of different ways to get rid of it. 

I could see the cop following Tim back even if it was today. He was driving a very expensive car, just to be sure it wasn't stolen or probably would have called Al to check his story or pick him up. I doubt Tim would be speeding either. He already had one ticket, he'd be driving slowly.     

10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I forgot Wilson was on the trip. Hey, why didn't they ask Lucille? Jill said she was going to be checking in on the boys, why not ask her? She raised a houseful of boys and probably had no shortage of ways to get that out. Or looked it up online. They would have found a bunch of different ways to get rid of it. 

I could see the cop following Tim back even if it was today. He was driving a very expensive car, just to be sure it wasn't stolen or probably would have called Al to check his story or pick him up. I doubt Tim would be speeding either. He already had one ticket, he'd be driving slowly.     

Yeah, the internet had plenty of things like that in the late 90s, but apparently when Randy left. The thought of using the internet went away too. The final Halloween episode just aired and I don't get how Tim didn't see something was up right away. There was no way that Wilson could have moved so fast and leave his hat for the disappearing trick. He had no clear exit to get out. Plus, Tim saw everyone going way to easy thinking he was guilty and Tim would have dialed 911 and not been convinced to think Jill didn't program the local police into the phone. Plus, I still find it hard to believe the Taylors didn't have Caller ID by this point in time. 

Not to mention thinking back to the previous Halloween episodes. How did Al quickly get into costume so fast as Rose and then sneak back outside and come around the front door again? I get it was all Jill's plan and someone could have helped Al change costumes. However, he would have had to go out the backyard, run through the back gate, change and then come back through the front door in less than 3 minutes. Plus, we saw that not EVERYONE was in on the joke. Just the closest to Tim and Jill. There were people at the party who never showed up at the reveal. So, no one didn't go: "Hey Al, why are you switching costumes?" 

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, the internet had plenty of things like that in the late 90s, but apparently when Randy left. The thought of using the internet went away too. The final Halloween episode just aired and I don't get how Tim didn't see something was up right away. There was no way that Wilson could have moved so fast and leave his hat for the disappearing trick. He had no clear exit to get out. Plus, Tim saw everyone going way to easy thinking he was guilty and Tim would have dialed 911 and not been convinced to think Jill didn't program the local police into the phone. Plus, I still find it hard to believe the Taylors didn't have Caller ID by this point in time. 

Not to mention thinking back to the previous Halloween episodes. How did Al quickly get into costume so fast as Rose and then sneak back outside and come around the front door again? I get it was all Jill's plan and someone could have helped Al change costumes. However, he would have had to go out the backyard, run through the back gate, change and then come back through the front door in less than 3 minutes. Plus, we saw that not EVERYONE was in on the joke. Just the closest to Tim and Jill. There were people at the party who never showed up at the reveal. So, no one didn't go: "Hey Al, why are you switching costumes?" 

I don't see how Tim didn't realize it was a set up too given how quickly he was accused of being a murder or how quickly Jill spilled to the police that he was in the bathroom for 45 minutes. Programing the phone for the police doesn't make any sense unless he assumed it was for ambulance and fire department. Still why program it when its only three numbers? Tim should have figured it out sooner. I find it hard to believe they didn't have caller ID either.  I did love the younger cop I'm surprised Tim didn't think he was acting too. He was sounding like someone who watched too many cop show. I did love Tim kept calling both detectives different TV cop names.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

I don't see how Tim didn't realize it was a set up too given how quickly he was accused of being a murder or how quickly Jill spilled to the police that he was in the bathroom for 45 minutes. Programing the phone for the police doesn't make any sense unless he assumed it was for ambulance and fire department. Still why program it when its only three numbers? Tim should have figured it out sooner. I find it hard to believe they didn't have caller ID either.  I did love the younger cop I'm surprised Tim didn't think he was acting too. He was sounding like someone who watched too many cop show. I did love Tim kept calling both detectives different TV cop names.

That was funny, but really, Tim really gets played for a fool when he has pulled off more thoughtful tricks in the past. I was watching the extra phone line that Harry's son was putting in for them. I get that Dennis was on a long call, but he really should have waited on the fall. Plus, Tim was just trying to pull one wire, he fries the entire thing just just one wire. I think the Taylors should have sued who built their house. I get that Tim did a lot of rewiring, but he would barely change a wire out and something would explode. You can be as accident prone as Tim, but the house seem to be one burned out light bulb from going up in flames.  Especially, when Lisa came back for The Kiss and the Kiss Off. You really are telling me that with Al around all the time, that the studio set would short circuit that fast when really all Tim did was cut a wire with RUBBER tips! You have to complete a circuit to get electrocuted. There were times when Tim is wearing leather gloves or something and gets zapped when that isn't scientifically possible. I remember when Al got zapped one time and was thrown so far back he turned the tool wall around. He really thought about wearing no gloves while Tim cut a wire? NO GLOVES!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, readster said:

That was funny, but really, Tim really gets played for a fool when he has pulled off more thoughtful tricks in the past. I was watching the extra phone line that Harry's son was putting in for them. I get that Dennis was on a long call, but he really should have waited on the fall. Plus, Tim was just trying to pull one wire, he fries the entire thing just just one wire. 

The Halloween trick went on too long for Tim not to have gotten suspicious. He would caught on a lot sooner. The one with Dennis. I don't know what the wire would have been caught on. It was something really simple. He should have been able to pull it through.

I think the Taylors should have sued who built their house. I get that Tim did a lot of rewiring, but he would barely change a wire out and something would explode. You can be as accident prone as Tim, but the house seem to be one burned out light bulb from going up in flames.  Especially, when Lisa came back for The Kiss and the Kiss Off. You really are telling me that with Al around all the time, that the studio set would short circuit that fast when really all Tim did was cut a wire with RUBBER tips! You have to complete a circuit to get electrocuted. There were times when Tim is wearing leather gloves or something and gets zapped when that isn't scientifically possible. I remember when Al got zapped one time and was thrown so far back he turned the tool wall around. He really thought about wearing no gloves while Tim cut a wire? NO GLOVES!

Heh, maybe the house was built by someone crappy at their job. But as someone who's found a lot of weird stuff in my own condo and my parents house maybe its not as farfetched.    

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Heh, maybe the house was built by someone crappy at their job. But as someone who's found a lot of weird stuff in my own condo and my parents house maybe its not as farfetched.    

I can believe that. The house my family and I own was built by some of the most cheapest labor around. We have uneven hallways, voltage outlets that were way to small and don't get me started on our appliances. Can't sue the builders, they all went out of business 10 years ago. 

• Love 1

I can believe that. The house my family and I own was built by some of the most cheapest labor around. We have uneven hallways, voltage outlets that were way to small and don't get me started on our appliances. Can't sue the builders, they all went out of business 10 years ago. 

Yeah, we've run into a lot of well that was up to code then when it was built but isn't now or wondering if the builders or inspectors were high or drunk at the time on other stuff. 

3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, we've run into a lot of well that was up to code then when it was built but isn't now or wondering if the builders or inspectors were high or drunk at the time on other stuff. 

Sad to say builders since the 90s has been: "We need to get these built it a day and sold, or don't you want to get paid?" Plus, they don't build them by section any more, so then you get houses with empty weed growing lots or apartments that suddenly look nice then have a post-apocalyptic look next door from running out of money and then ruins the area. I just realized something in Chopshop when Brad's new car gets car jacked and taken apart. Why didn't Tim have an alarm on this? He had shown several times new types of car alarms on Tool Time and after Brad got in the accident and the guy was trying to trick him into money and then getting sued (showing that it was all a set up). Brad's car gets cut up pretty simple and not to mention, they were in a pretty good area with the car. No one reported: "Hey, there are some guys taking a car apart." If the entire car had been taken, that would be one thing, but even though people do this in real life, the way cars are built, you really, really need to know what you are doing to chop up a car and disappear when it's easier to steal a car in less than 60 seconds. Plus, the guy didn't notice jelly on the engine and didn't clean it? That's a rookie mistake, because another thing is Chop Shops get rid of factory information on pieces, but keep main catalogued serial numbers so they know what the items are when people come looking for them and then over price them.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, readster said:

Sad to say builders since the 90s has been: "We need to get these built it a day and sold, or don't you want to get paid?" Plus, they don't build them by section any more, so then you get houses with empty weed growing lots or apartments that suddenly look nice then have a post-apocalyptic look next door from running out of money and then ruins the area. I just realized something in Chopshop when Brad's new car gets car jacked and taken apart. Why didn't Tim have an alarm on this? He had shown several times new types of car alarms on Tool Time and after Brad got in the accident and the guy was trying to trick him into money and then getting sued (showing that it was all a set up). Brad's car gets cut up pretty simple and not to mention, they were in a pretty good area with the car. No one reported: "Hey, there are some guys taking a car apart." If the entire car had been taken, that would be one thing, but even though people do this in real life, the way cars are built, you really, really need to know what you are doing to chop up a car and disappear when it's easier to steal a car in less than 60 seconds. Plus, the guy didn't notice jelly on the engine and didn't clean it? That's a rookie mistake, because another thing is Chop Shops get rid of factory information on pieces, but keep main catalogued serial numbers so they know what the items are when people come looking for them and then over price them.  

I was wondering about the numbers when the cop said there was nothing they could do because there would be no way to identify the car parts. Except there would be. The numbers. That's why all those numbers were put on the car parts and why criminals scrap the numbers off. Even with them doing that they can still arrest them because if you come across car parts with the number scraped off everyone knows what that means. I don't know why the cop couldn't go down to the Chop Shop, Tim called them with a lead. They could have followed up on it. Someone calls up and says he thinks he knows where a chop shop is the police can go check that out. I don't know why the shop owners didn't wipe off the jelly. But why weren't they suspicious by two guys coming in for that specific part?   

• Love 1
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I was wondering about the numbers when the cop said there was nothing they could do because there would be no way to identify the car parts. Except there would be. The numbers. That's why all those numbers were put on the car parts and why criminals scrap the numbers off. Even with them doing that they can still arrest them because if you come across car parts with the number scraped off everyone knows what that means. I don't know why the cop couldn't go down to the Chop Shop, Tim called them with a lead. They could have followed up on it. Someone calls up and says he thinks he knows where a chop shop is the police can go check that out. I don't know why the shop owners didn't wipe off the jelly. But why weren't they suspicious by two guys coming in for that specific part?   

Yeah, completely agree and considering everything from what Tim and Al said to how the guys were acting. The police should have been fine, but that actually made me think of season 2 when Brad snuck out with the other boys and were picked up by the police. How did Brad sneak out of his room without Randy or Mark noticing? Brad was still living with Randy at the time and the windows had no access to a tree or anything. Plus, when the police said the green house was abandoned for years, I wanted to know who called the police. Not to mention how a patrol car would be in that area. At this point Brad was 12, I know we all do stupid things, but how we went from Brad playing a prank on a kid that ended up having a teacher eat part of a dead frog. To sneaking out with other boys and throwing old bricks to destroy an old green house. Just didn't make sense, plus did Brad know about this before he came home from school. Or did he make a phone call and found out after he was just grounded inside, but could go to the monster truck rally? 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, readster said:

Yeah, completely agree and considering everything from what Tim and Al said to how the guys were acting. The police should have been fine, but that actually made me think of season 2 when Brad snuck out with the other boys and were picked up by the police. How did Brad sneak out of his room without Randy or Mark noticing? Brad was still living with Randy at the time and the windows had no access to a tree or anything. Plus, when the police said the green house was abandoned for years, I wanted to know who called the police. Not to mention how a patrol car would be in that area. At this point Brad was 12, I know we all do stupid things, but how we went from Brad playing a prank on a kid that ended up having a teacher eat part of a dead frog. To sneaking out with other boys and throwing old bricks to destroy an old green house. Just didn't make sense, plus did Brad know about this before he came home from school. Or did he make a phone call and found out after he was just grounded inside, but could go to the monster truck rally? 

Yeah, they were acting very suspicious. That should have tipped them off and there really is no reason for cops not to have gone to check the place out. They get tips all the time and investigate them.

Good question about Brad, I don't remember his room having a way out so he'd have to use the stairs and the doors. There's no way no one wouldn't have notice him leaving. Everyone should have notice. Its funny that none of the boys end up leaving their house by climbing out the window. That's usually a staple in sitcoms and almost anything with teens. The greenhouse its possible police drive by if its a known place for kids hang out and throw rocks at the windows but I don't remember the police saying that. Maybe someone saw kids throwing rocks and called it in? Around my area police would only drive by an abandon area if its a known hang out for drugs or getting drunk.  As  for Brad it really depends I could see kids who ran from the greenhouse spreading it around that the cops showed up or if teens saw the cops arriving at the greenhouse or putting a bunch of kids into cop cars. If it was one of Brad's friends who told him? Other then his friends who else would know who Randy is and how he's related to Brad? At most he might know that bunch of kids were picked up by the cops at the greenhouse. 

• Love 1
On 7/22/2018 at 5:55 PM, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, they were acting very suspicious. That should have tipped them off and there really is no reason for cops not to have gone to check the place out. They get tips all the time and investigate them.

Good question about Brad, I don't remember his room having a way out so he'd have to use the stairs and the doors. There's no way no one wouldn't have notice him leaving. Everyone should have notice. Its funny that none of the boys end up leaving their house by climbing out the window. That's usually a staple in sitcoms and almost anything with teens. The greenhouse its possible police drive by if its a known place for kids hang out and throw rocks at the windows but I don't remember the police saying that. Maybe someone saw kids throwing rocks and called it in? Around my area police would only drive by an abandon area if its a known hang out for drugs or getting drunk.  As  for Brad it really depends I could see kids who ran from the greenhouse spreading it around that the cops showed up or if teens saw the cops arriving at the greenhouse or putting a bunch of kids into cop cars. If it was one of Brad's friends who told him? Other then his friends who else would know who Randy is and how he's related to Brad? At most he might know that bunch of kids were picked up by the cops at the greenhouse. 

I just realized the windows were a bit weird set up too on the show. When Brad moved to Mark's room, there was a window, but no tree or anything and Brad's situation was before the move. When Tim went to swat the wood pecker away with Jill's robe and pulls all the gutters down. If it was standard gutters, the robe would have ripped and not pulled down all the gutters on that side. Plus, pulling gutters down would have pulled siding out too. Also, when Tim walks into the window that Jill closed with the broom handle. That is some fragile glass. I can tell you, I walked into my own window by accident trying to clean up some dry wall and my window didn't even bend. So, for the glass to break that easily is impossible. Same with the air vent in the kitchen. Considering air vents have filters on entrance and exit. How Tim sucked all the spaghetti up no problem and then it perfectly shot over to their neighbors in a ball is also impossible. 

• Love 1

Funny how in the second season premiere when Tim tightens the phone receiver that when it rings for the first time, it catches fire and smokes. That isn't how a receiver wire works, if anything the phone would have any talking into it sound louder. Tim just tighten the knob, not put in wiring that would be too powerful or not powerful enough. Also, when Tim uses the flame thrower to destroy the hate mail. You can see the letter engulfed in flames a little too fast. Which means it was flash paper, plus when Tim is shown to put the letter in the vice grips, its a darker color. 

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, readster said:

I just realized the windows were a bit weird set up too on the show. When Brad moved to Mark's room, there was a window, but no tree or anything and Brad's situation was before the move. When Tim went to swat the wood pecker away with Jill's robe and pulls all the gutters down. If it was standard gutters, the robe would have ripped and not pulled down all the gutters on that side. Plus, pulling gutters down would have pulled siding out too. Also, when Tim walks into the window that Jill closed with the broom handle. That is some fragile glass. I can tell you, I walked into my own window by accident trying to clean up some dry wall and my window didn't even bend. So, for the glass to break that easily is impossible. Same with the air vent in the kitchen. Considering air vents have filters on entrance and exit. How Tim sucked all the spaghetti up no problem and then it perfectly shot over to their neighbors in a ball is also impossible. 

Funny how in the second season premiere when Tim tightens the phone receiver that when it rings for the first time, it catches fire and smokes. That isn't how a receiver wire works, if anything the phone would have any talking into it sound louder. Tim just tighten the knob, not put in wiring that would be too powerful or not powerful enough. Also, when Tim uses the flame thrower to destroy the hate mail. You can see the letter engulfed in flames a little too fast. Which means it was flash paper, plus when Tim is shown to put the letter in the vice grips, its a darker color. 

Heh, that house really was crappy built. You'd think Tim and Jill would have remarked that at one point. A robe can pull down gutters? Pulling one wire through a wall knocks out a ton of wires, tightening the receiver bursts into flames. Its a wonder the house is still standing. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Heh, that house really was crappy built. You'd think Tim and Jill would have remarked that at one point. A robe can pull down gutters? Pulling one wire through a wall knocks out a ton of wires, tightening the receiver bursts into flames. Its a wonder the house is still standing. 

You know after watching Groin Pains, I just realized that Tim's flying harness didn't have a break set up. You have to have it, and I'm also surprised the school didn't go: "Hey, Randy your dad is Tim "the toolman" Taylor" how about getting him to hook it up and make sure he brings Al." I can see Tim forgetting a break piece, but Al would have made that happen. Also, when the boys drop Tim in favor of the ice cream truck (that was such a kid thing). When Tim shows up and apparently has dislocated his shoulder and out doing his groin injury and bends over and snaps his back. His doctor didn't say: "Tim, you had a really bad fall and you had a previous injury. Don't bend over." Yet, we are expecting that Tim got dressed and did tied his shoes with one hand. So, his back then went out picking up a piece of paper? Plus, I'm surprised Tim didn't get an instant hernia if he was in that much pain living a box of books (in a banker's box of all things). The box would have ripped first instead of Tim's lower regions if it was that heavy. Also in the Halloween episode, why did Rider Strong not see Wilson up in the rafters in a mummy costume and how did Randy duck out so fast to change into his "headless Al" costume without help?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, readster said:

You know after watching Groin Pains, I just realized that Tim's flying harness didn't have a break set up. You have to have it, and I'm also surprised the school didn't go: "Hey, Randy your dad is Tim "the toolman" Taylor" how about getting him to hook it up and make sure he brings Al." I can see Tim forgetting a break piece, but Al would have made that happen. Also, when the boys drop Tim in favor of the ice cream truck (that was such a kid thing). When Tim shows up and apparently has dislocated his shoulder and out doing his groin injury and bends over and snaps his back. His doctor didn't say: "Tim, you had a really bad fall and you had a previous injury. Don't bend over." Yet, we are expecting that Tim got dressed and did tied his shoes with one hand. So, his back then went out picking up a piece of paper? Plus, I'm surprised Tim didn't get an instant hernia if he was in that much pain living a box of books (in a banker's box of all things). The box would have ripped first instead of Tim's lower regions if it was that heavy. Also in the Halloween episode, why did Rider Strong not see Wilson up in the rafters in a mummy costume and how did Randy duck out so fast to change into his "headless Al" costume without help?

I'm surprised his doctor didn't say that. Usually they go through all of what you can't do. Leaning over would have been one of them. I don't know he was able to make it all the way to house Tool Time was filming without injuring himself more.  I forgot about the books! Yeah, he should have gotten a hernia more then injured his favorite muscle. 

7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm surprised his doctor didn't say that. Usually they go through all of what you can't do. Leaning over would have been one of them. I don't know he was able to make it all the way to house Tool Time was filming without injuring himself more.  I forgot about the books! Yeah, he should have gotten a hernia more then injured his favorite muscle. 

I just realized in the Rome and Juliet Play where Tim was the set designer. When he told everyone to check out how Juliet during death by poison seen was going to go. Juliet pops out from a mini lift he installed, but then it keeps going up and and up and up. Why would Tim build something that would go that high? Plus you could see that Juliet was most likely just under neath the brim of the set. Not under the whole stage. Plus, with it constantly going up and Tim tells Randy not to panic, Umm... he is going to eventually hit the ceiling and that could crush them. That made no sense and no way would the school had the money for Tim to have so many parts to build a lift that long. Plus, Wilson being as anal as he was in the episode didn't later go: "Tim, that is high enough."?

I just talked about this in the all episode topic. When Tim was at the karate studio when Mark was first learning, the aunt hits him with her bag and he is hit so hard, it sends Tim back, but no bruises. First of all, Jill doesn't bring the karate instructor in on this with the woman, who is being a bitch. What was in her purse? It looked pretty empty to me and I could see Tim getting kind of a: "What was that?" from it. However, instead it comes off like she had brick in there and sends him back. Then later on when the husband ends up beating Tim up right there at the studio. At no point does the instructor who is a black belt doesn't break them up or tells the family they are now kicked out for that crap? Also goes when the McGurns threw all the trash back that the boys sent their way. Brad, Randy and Mark built the catapult, put work in it and then sent it flying. Apparently the McGurn boys not only built theirs really fast, but then send 3 TIMES the amount that hits Tim. If that would have been me, I would have been calling the police, walking over and saying: "Your asses are mine!"

• Love 1
11 hours ago, readster said:

I just talked about this in the all episode topic. When Tim was at the karate studio when Mark was first learning, the aunt hits him with her bag and he is hit so hard, it sends Tim back, but no bruises. First of all, Jill doesn't bring the karate instructor in on this with the woman, who is being a bitch. What was in her purse? It looked pretty empty to me and I could see Tim getting kind of a: "What was that?" from it. However, instead it comes off like she had brick in there and sends him back. Then later on when the husband ends up beating Tim up right there at the studio. At no point does the instructor who is a black belt doesn't break them up or tells the family they are now kicked out for that crap?  

Yeah, there's no way the instructor wouldn't have thrown the man, his wife and son out at that point. If by some chance he let the first one slid he'd have warned the couple that anymore and he'd throw them out. The second time he really should have called the cops. That's assault.      

Also goes when the McGurns threw all the trash back that the boys sent their way. Brad, Randy and Mark built the catapult, put work in it and then sent it flying.Apparently the McGurn boys not only built theirs really fast, but then send 3 TIMES the amount that hits Tim. If that would have been me, I would have been calling the police, walking over and saying: "Your asses are mine!"

LOL, those McGurn boys were fast workers! They put it together and theirs threw more in so little time. The episode where Wilson accidentally caught a cat in his trap. How did all those dogs know the cat was about to be released? Where they watching? If so why would Wilson release the cat if he saw a pack of dogs waiting for it. Why didn't neither him or Tim go to help the cat out when they heard it and a bunch of dog sounds. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

LOL, those McGurn boys were fast workers! They put it together and theirs threw more in so little time. The episode where Wilson accidentally caught a cat in his trap. How did all those dogs know the cat was about to be released? Where they watching? If so why would Wilson release the cat if he saw a pack of dogs waiting for it. Why didn't neither him or Tim go to help the cat out when they heard it and a bunch of dog sounds. 

I forgot about that, how very true. I mean they let that poor cat at the mercy of the dogs, but really, they would have been there waiting for a long time. I also remember when Wilson was mixing up his bulk soup that lasts him 5 years. First of all, soup at the best laid frozen works up to over a year, plus eating it for lunch every single day. Even vegans switch up their meals on a daily basis. I would have hated to be Wilson's digestive system. Also, in The Great Race II, while Tim explains he let Bob Villa win because he put too much time in his hot rod and didn't want to destroy it. Since Bob paid someone to build his and had it out more. I don't get how Tim's car was having such problems starting at first, because they had it where Tim first turned on the engine and he would have had it going several times in the process. It wouldn't just be dead one day and never start forever. That was built from scratch, not the original engine or had been sitting around not moving. Plus, Tim also had the smoother track, he would have gone by Bob without even trying. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, readster said:

I forgot about that, how very true. I mean they let that poor cat at the mercy of the dogs, but really, they would have been there waiting for a long time. I also remember when Wilson was mixing up his bulk soup that lasts him 5 years. First of all, soup at the best laid frozen works up to over a year, plus eating it for lunch every single day. Even vegans switch up their meals on a daily basis. I would have hated to be Wilson's digestive system. 

They probably were waiting for it but still that poor cat. Surely Wilson has a whistle or tribal something to get them to leave so poor little kitty still has a chance. Wilson must have an amazing digestive system. It tolerated almost everything. 

Also, in The Great Race II, while Tim explains he let Bob Villa win because he put too much time in his hot rod and didn't want to destroy it. Since Bob paid someone to build his and had it out more. I don't get how Tim's car was having such problems starting at first, because they had it where Tim first turned on the engine and he would have had it going several times in the process. It wouldn't just be dead one day and never start forever. That was built from scratch, not the original engine or had been sitting around not moving. Plus, Tim also had the smoother track, he would have gone by Bob without even trying. 

I always liked that Tim said. After all the work he did on it. I'm glad he decided not to really floor it in case the engine didn't hold up. Although I don't know why it wouldn't as you point out it was built from scratch. It really shouldn't be having any problems.

• Love 1