Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Gone Girl 2018.06.21

• Start Topic

On 6/21/2018 at 11:27 PM, biakbiak said:

Prepregnancy she used to IG her workouts which were frequent. 

IIRC, she didn't work out until recently. There was an episode a few seasons back where they showed her deciding to start working out. Gym rat or not, Cameran is naturally thin. Some folks are just blessed with good genes. 

• Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, candle96 said:

IIRC, she didn't work out until recently. There was an episode a few seasons back where they showed her deciding to start working out. Gym rat or not, Cameran is naturally thin. Some folks are just blessed with good genes. 

Her IG stories were her working out three to four days a week. That doesn’t mean she isn’t naturally thin but she talked about now needing to workout and did it frequently.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
On 6/23/2018 at 10:21 AM, sasha206 said:

That new nose is awful to me!  I think she needs additional surgery to take care of the wideness on the bottom.  Liked her old nose much better!

She went from a unique look to one that is very generic, in my opinion. She is obviously beautiful, and I thought her old nose made her stand out a bit more. But I went to college in the south with a bunch of people like these folks (oh, the time wasted on Shep-like guys, who never gave me the time of day), and I know the pressure to look a certain way is real.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, candle96 said:

But I went to college in the south with a bunch of people like these folks (oh, the time wasted on Shep-like guys, who never gave me the time of day), and I know the pressure to look a certain way is real.

Oh Hell’s yes; I have dated my share of Peter Pan Shep’s back in the day as well. His type is easily found all over most Southern college campuses, especially the swankier ones a’la Shep’s alma mater Vanderbilt. They just wanna party, hook up whenever they please with whomever they please, and brag about their well-connected families and their majors. One of these Shep type’s even used to “kid” to me whenever I was feeling a bit flabby(I was a size 4 at the time), “yeah, you’re getting a little chubby!”

It’s some serious pressure for young girls to look “perfect” in these areas. Just look how beautiful all the girls are on this show as opposed to their scruffy male counterparts—-the competition to land a good rich husband is fierce. Of course Cameron landed herself a handsome young doctor and of course she had a kid she obviously didn’t want: this is what most beautiful and charming girls like her in the South are bred to do.

I’ll always have a soft spot for Shep though. At the end of the day, I think he’s just a nice goofy guy who isn’t too worried about never meeting “the one”; he’s having way too much fun right now, so who can blame him?

• Love 7

Some women feel so much pressure to breastfeed that their babies end up dying from malnutrition.  Boobs, formula, whatever - FED is best.  

I think with Danni and Kathryn - have you ever just had a friend that no one else really "got" and you were friends with them anyways?  

• Love 2
On 6/29/2018 at 11:30 AM, candle96 said:

Yeah Cam is just blessed, the lucky bitch lol (jk). She didn’t even seem to gain any weight during her pregnancy, the only thing that looked different was her stomach, from having the baby inside of it lol. Ever other part of her body looked exactly the same - same thin arms, no extra weight on her face, etc. that girl was just born with a super fast metabolism. 

• Love 4
On 6/24/2018 at 1:51 AM, scrb said:

Pretty sure he lived like a slob in previous seasons too, especially when he was partying just about every night.

Then when Shep got on him about shaping up, finishing law school and taking the bar exam (remember when he pretended to send in the paperwork for the bar?), he accused Shep of bullying him, being jealous of him because he was younger and more attractive.

Then he went to RI to shape up, then returned and moved in with Naomi.  She must not have dated him too long before moving in together?  

When she got fed up with his poor habits, Craig said she was disloyal, not his "ride or die" chick.

Now, viewers have reasons to question the credibility of Shep and Naomi, since they both also have behavioral issues.  But when two different people take issue with the way he conducts his life, some of the shade must fall on Craig.

Easy TV money may be saving him from moving back home.  Now maybe he'll buy more properties with the TV money, to try to get mail box money like Shep?

That's fine if he can pull it off but looks like he's looking for income without working too hard.  He should own it if that's his goal.

Oh Craig’s issues have been well-documented since S2, before he even met Naomi. They both bullied him, that I agree with, but I could also see how you get to that point with Craig if you’re close to him and spend enough time around him if his actions affect you. 

I’m not a fan of Naomi tbh, but I do get, to an extent, why she may have lost her patience with Craig. He’s difficult. But then again he doesn’t need to have his shit together in his situation bc currently, his job is being on Southern Charm, where I’m sure Bravo pays him quite well. 

He will have to get his shit together once this is all over, tho. I don’t quite get what it is he does all day, other than film Southern Charm. He likes to sew pillows, sooo why is he having a hard time fulfilling all the back orders and what not? It seems he literally has nothing else to do, so what’s taking so long? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

Oh Craig’s issues have been well-documented since S2, before he even met Naomi. They both bullied him, that I agree with, but I could also see how you get to that point with Craig if you’re close to him and spend enough time around him if his actions affect you. 

I’m not a fan of Naomi tbh, but I do get, to an extent, why she may have lost her patience with Craig. He’s difficult. But then again he doesn’t need to have his shit together in his situation bc currently, his job is being on Southern Charm, where I’m sure Bravo pays him quite well. 

He will have to get his shit together once this is all over, tho. I don’t quite get what it is he does all day, other than film Southern Charm. He likes to sew pillows, sooo why is he having a hard time fulfilling all the back orders and what not? It seems he literally has nothing else to do, so what’s taking so long? 

I wonder if Craig actually has an ADD diagnosis. Much of his behavior points toward that but of course I can only armchair diagnose. Because my husband has ADD I’ve done research on it lately and saw articles on how it affects relationships. One website listed several ways it harms relationships and most of them were what we saw happening with Naomie and Craig. I feel like tweeting them both a link to the webpage so they can understand better the dynamic that evolved because it’s painful and confusing for both partners, especially if they are not aware of and wirking with the fact that one has ADD. 

It seems that Craig needs real help and that he’s not just exaggerating his character for the show. But who knows for sure? Besides filming, he does other promotional events and some charity work. That likely doesn’t fill all his free time but I guess he’s still  working on his house and those pillows. It’s interesting that when he was with Naomi he seemed to accomplish more, like the backyard garden and that sort of thing. And it was an achievement to pass the bar on his first try. I see why everyone (cast and viewers) gets exasperated with him but I still wish him well because he comes across as being a guy with a good heart. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I wonder if Craig actually has an ADD diagnosis. Much of his behavior points toward that but of course I can only armchair diagnose. Because my husband has ADD I’ve done research on it lately and saw articles on how it affects relationships. One website listed several ways it harms relationships and most of them were what we saw happening with Naomie and Craig. I feel like tweeting them both a link to the webpage so they can understand better the dynamic that evolved because it’s painful and confusing for both partners, especially if they are not aware of and wirking with the fact that one has ADD. 

It seems that Craig needs real help and that he’s not just exaggerating his character for the show. But who knows for sure? Besides filming, he does other promotional events and some charity work. That likely doesn’t fill all his free time but I guess he’s still  working on his house and those pillows. It’s interesting that when he was with Naomi he seemed to accomplish more, like the backyard garden and that sort of thing. And it was an achievement to pass the bar on his first try. I see why everyone (cast and viewers) gets exasperated with him but I still wish him well because he comes across as being a guy with a good heart. 

Agreed, he seems like a nice person and sensitive. 

I have ADD, too, but I make a conscious effort to fight the urges Craig gives into with regards to procrastination, etc. Does your husband act anything like Craig? 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Well it seems he likes to wake up past noon and socialize in the afternoon/evenings so he leaves little window to actually accomplish things. And in those hours, he can't focus it all on sewing pillows, he's gotta build shit, fix shit, research properties, etc. Craig seems like the type of person that would rather have 100 things going at the same time so that when he's bored of when he can jump to something else and work on it a bit whereas many others would focus one or a few things at a time so that they can get it done sooner than later. I agree with the post that suggests he may have ADD. He's a smart guy and he seems good-hearted but I think Craig struggles to accomplish anything unless he's convinced that he needs to put his mind to it.

• Love 5
On 6/29/2018 at 10:35 AM, candle96 said:

She went from a unique look to one that is very generic, in my opinion. She is obviously beautiful, and I thought her old nose made her stand out a bit more. But I went to college in the south with a bunch of people like these folks (oh, the time wasted on Shep-like guys, who never gave me the time of day), and I know the pressure to look a certain way is real.

I do not like her nose job at all - it makes her look older.  I remember when she first came on, I thought she was really pretty.  I also remember my husband walked in the room when I was watching and he was like, "uugh who is that ugly girl dating Craig?"  I thought she was unconventionally pretty.

Now, I don't like her new look, but it may be because I really don't like her personality, or what she has turned into IMO.

2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Oh, would you mind posting the website?  Or sending it to me on DM (or whatever ping system they have here)?

8 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Well it seems he likes to wake up past noon and socialize in the afternoon/evenings so he leaves little window to actually accomplish things. And in those hours, he can't focus it all on sewing pillows, he's gotta build shit, fix shit, research properties, etc. Craig seems like the type of person that would rather have 100 things going at the same time so that when he's bored of when he can jump to something else and work on it a bit whereas many others would focus one or a few things at a time so that they can get it done sooner than later. I agree with the post that suggests he may have ADD. He's a smart guy and he seems good-hearted but I think Craig struggles to accomplish anything unless he's convinced that he needs to put his mind to it.

True, you’re right, I guess that does leave little time to get anything done. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

Agreed, he seems like a nice person and sensitive. 

I have ADD, too, but I make a conscious effort to fight the urges Craig gives into with regards to procrastination, etc. Does your husband act anything like Craig? 

He does act like Craig. He was not diagnosed until about 3 years ago and meds don’t work more than a few weeks. He’s learning tricks to counter his lack of time awareness and tendency to procrastinate. He also quit drinking, which has helped. I think he drank to medicate his low self-esteem the way Craig may also be doing. I hope with his wealth and connections Craig gets help for whatever his problem is. 

• Love 1