Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Gone Girl 2018.06.21

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, zenme said:

I think Naomi wanted to call the police at one point, but Danni didn't want her to.  I think Kathryn is using the Ashley and depression story as an excuse. 

Craig has got serious issues, and his parents probably aren't even aware of it. 

An excuse for what, not answering her door?   Her going off her meds and responding that way is actually quite common with people on anti-depressants.  I also understand why Dani didn't want to call the police.  Katheryn is in the middle of a custody battle.  Having the police called for a welfare check because she's been MIA for days could prove to be disastrous.

• Love 21
9 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

What was that thing?  Titanium with dead bolts in it? 

Agreed and I think this has often been questioned.  Further, I'd like to know what kind of blackmail Kathryn has on her.  Danni appears not to tolerate drama and is mature and grounded.  Why would she be so oddly loyal to such a historically unstable person?  I'll never be convinced that Kathryn is a good person or even has the understanding of what it takes to be a friend after witnessing that horrifyingly cruel conversation with Jennifer (was that her name?  The little blonde?).  Girl is telling her how her baby legitimately almost DIED and Kathryn takes it as an opportunity to verbally abuse her until she was reduced to a sobbing mess of tears.  One of the more uncomfortable/saddest things that's ever been shown on reality t.v.

Exactly.  Further proof that those two are absolute idiots thinking they'd just be let in or it was all staged (maybe both - ha!).  It made for some great drama, along with the Charlie's Angel's style camera work they had going on. 

Do you by any chance remember what season/ep that was?  I just started watching this season and after wondering why so many people here still seem to loathe Katheryn so much, started watching old episodes.  The ones I've seen so far still don't seem to justify the way people hate her both here and on the show and four whole seasons is a lot to slog through, so knowing what shows to hit would help!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

During that talk between Kathryn and Danni, it was clear that K wasn’t empathizing with Danni - empathy doesn’t come easy to her.

I definitely noticed that.  She didn't seem at all remorseful about what she put her friends through.   You'd think after her landlady had to use her key to check if she was still alive at her friends' request she'd, you know, pick up her phone and text them that she's ok...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

Do you by any chance remember what season/ep that was?  I just started watching this season and after wondering why so many people here still seem to loathe Katheryn so much, started watching old episodes.  The ones I've seen so far still don't seem to justify the way people hate her both here and on the show and four whole seasons is a lot to slog through, so knowing what shows to hit would help!

Here's some info about it -  https://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/jennifer-snowden-breaks-down-talking-about-sons-surgery-to-kathryn-dennis-on-southern-charm/

This is a daily mail story about same - 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4126182/Southern-Charm-s-Jennifer-Kathryn-friendship-implodes.html

• Love 1
23 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I don't think that was real breast milk. Breast milk isn't that thick and white. It's thinner and less opaque. You have to shake it a bit if it's been sitting in a bottle. I noticed it right away.

Yeah I wonder if Cameran would really do this, offer her breast milk to these men, even if they're supposedly friends.

• Love 1
(edited)
21 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

It was probably very cold water - I believe it constricts the blood vessels in your face to reduce swelling

If you ever saw the movie Mommie Dearest, in the opening sequence  of Joan Crawford getting ready  in the early morning before she left for the studio-    put her face in a big bowl of ice water.

ETA - Patricia, Naomie... & Gizmo?

http://patriciascouture.com/

unnamed-1-1.jpg

So now we get how Craig thought Patricia might like his clip art of dogs. Oh my goodness. I guess there is something for everyones taste.

Or, did she steal his idea for the pillows with non clip art pictures of your own dog? These folks business ideas are just too much.

Edited by missyb

So one of Cameran's real concerns with becoming a mother appears to have been whether her vagina would change.

If she was that preoccupied with preserving herself, she might as well have done a C-section.

No postpartum depression for Cam, now that she's done it!  As she said last week, she's not doing it again, risking the va jay jay.

Is she planning to find other men or something?

Would she have resented Palmer if giving birth destroyed it?

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, scrb said:

So one of Cameran's real concerns with becoming a mother appears to have been whether her vagina would change.

If she was that preoccupied with preserving herself, she might as well have done a C-section.

No postpartum depression for Cam, now that she's done it!  As she said last week, she's not doing it again, risking the va jay jay.

Worse yet, would she resent Palmer if she were born with some sort of imperfection/special needs and/or was an “ugly baby”((I’m remembering her discussing ugly babies a season or two ago))??

• Love 4
4 hours ago, sadie said:

I once dated someone like Craig. Drove me crazy. Procrastinates about everything go then gets pissed when time runs out. Craig saying if he only had one more night he could really pull it together was the most delusional crap I’ve seen I a long time. He’s going nowhere fast and is in for a very bad life. You could see his lawyer friend thinks he’s a loser, sad. 

The thing is that when you date a "Craig" and you don't like him you can walk away.  To go on and on about him makes no sense.  If it is a friend then one might want to think if the friendship is even worth it.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

I definitely noticed that.  She didn't seem at all remorseful about what she put her friends through.   You'd think after her landlady had to use her key to check if she was still alive at her friends' request she'd, you know, pick up her phone and text them that she's ok...

Kathryn has never had a drop of empathy in her body. She is another sociopathic personality on this show. She was so nasty and ice cold to Jennifer after her baby was born with a life threatening condition. Scary stuff. 

Danni is a super tolerant person. I remember Kathryn telling her she hadn’t seen her kids in “months”, fairly blasé, and Danni was a-okay with that. Um....yea. I would run. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 7
(edited)

Kathryn gets a second chance and is Winning. Good for her. She has shown us this season that she is maturing. Who among us has not made a mistake when 22 years old. 

She progresses while the rest of these pretty idiots regress.

Edited by ozzy
  • Love 15

Sorry.  I don't think Craig has any addiction or mental issue.  He's just a guy who fell into a job on a reality show where he's making good coin.  Is he lazy or a procrastinator?  Yeah.  I do think that viewers forget that people on reality shows 'do' have jobs. 

I also think that the Pat pillow design thing was totally producer driven.   Craig is not a designer.  Yeah, it would have been nice if he actually came up with a designer but that's not Craig.  He's just happy with doing things on his terms.  Right now it's working.  Is he going to get a reality check down the road?  Yep

As for Cam and the birth:  I don't recall Cam saying anything about being ripped apart during her birth experience on the show.  She certainly has talked about her experience.  Add to that she had an epidural and talked about everything looking the same after birth (putting a mirror down there).  I can appreciate the problems with breastfeeding.  It's certainly not for everyone and I absolutely get her decision not to continue it.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

From my own subjective perspective, there's no definitive reason for the degree of antipathy that Kathryn has incurred from her cast mates and the audience alike. Over the course of the early seasons, she was certainly callow, callous, and self-absorbed ... like, you know, young (or fiftysomething) adults with every variety of privilege can tend to be. IMO, though, she was often vilified vis-a-vis the same ilk of behavior for which Thomas was given a pass. 

However, she could be a garden-variety asshole at times before this year. Her grievances with Jennifer seemed pretty petty.

However, I didn't see any "verbal abuse." She clearly couldn't get over whatever anger she felt toward Jennifer to respond in the vein of the friendship they once shared but she was measured, if clipped, in her tone.

• Love 6

See, watching that scene all over again drives the point home that Kathryn is cold as ice and lacks any empathy. No matter what her issue was with Jennifer, I think a baby nearly dying trumps all else in this situation—-a decent human being, most especially a former friend, would’ve hugged/comforted Jennifer as she sat there crying. Kathryn just sat there scowling at her. 

Mind you, her whole insane beef with Jen was her belief that Jennifer and Thomas had some secret special relationship and how dare Thomas give her a hanky at the last reunion!

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Sterling said:

Patricia wasn't wearing her dinner-plate sized engagement ring.  Is she still engaged?

I think it was just a “promise” ring.  I find it ridiculous at her age, lol.  Married four times and still looking.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I think it was just a “promise” ring.  I find it ridiculous at her age, lol.  Married four times and still looking.

LOL! I agree. I know a woman of similar age, maybe even older, who was getting her SIXTH(!) divorce. She did say after that she was never getting married again, but I guess some people never stop looking for love. Which is kind of romantic if you’re into that stuff. ?

• Love 5
21 hours ago, gunderda said:

That business deal was just way too far above Craig's head and ability and unfortunately when you're new to creating stuff that people might want, you have a hard time saying no to an offer, when you should really just say no.  Just because craig can sew does not mean he's a good designer. Patricia had never seen him create something other than from the fabric he bought so I'm not sure why she thought he would come up with some awesome animals designs.  Especially when she told him that his fabric choices don't matter, she just wanted a design.  Craig is not a designer! Patricia wanted him to do something that he wasn't even trying to do. 

Then he should’ve taken money out of his own pocket and HIRED a designer with his ideas! If this is his “business” you invest in yourself and your business when you have a huge opportunity like that! He’s just a total loser. He had two months! No wonder he made Naomi crazy! 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

For crying out loud, why would you buy a $1.7M house if you have to mortgage $1.3M of it?? Why not buy a modest $400k house and pay cash?? The F.

@druzy this wasn't directed at you :) I don't understand million dollar mortgages.  If you have the money to make a substantial down payment on a million dollar + house, why wouldn't you pay cash for something more modest.

Mortgage deduction? Leveraging?

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Sterling said:

Patricia wasn't wearing her dinner-plate sized engagement ring.  Is she still engaged?

Perhaps she takes it off in the evening when her arm is tired from holding it up all day. 

• Love 8
(edited)
19 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Here is my theory:  It was cold water and he was trying to get the alcohol face puffiness to go away.  At least that is what I said to my husband when he asked.  

Someone else posted that Joan Crawford used to do that, also to reduce overnight swelling. Years ago I read an interview where Kurt Russell was asked the secret to his youthful looks and he said that every morning he plunged his face into a bowl of icewater. I’ve been splashing cold water on my face in the a.m. ever since. I also rinse my face in cold water just before I step out of the shower. It really does tighten up your skin. Then I put on my daily moisturizer. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Higgins said:

Mortgage deduction? Leveraging?

I'm looking at it from this standpoint. If Thomas is 55 with a 30 year mortgage, in *theory he'd be paying it off until he's 85. Then in *theory he'd be paying double the purchase price of the house by the time it's paid off, with the interest. Is that worth the income tax deduction, considering the number of working years he has left? Then I was thinking about equity. How much would he have in it if he only lived there a few years. So I the end, why not take that $425k down payment and pay cash for a modest house/condo and own it outright. I don't even want to know what kind of debt he has, if potentially everything he has is on paper. And with all these pending legal situations, he might be in for it, financially. Either way, he's gross. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Schippmom said:

For you fans of Dustin Waters hilarious recaps:

https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/HolyCinema/archives/2018/06/22/confessions-of-a-southern-charm-newbie-breast-milk-shots-and-caviar-dreams

This was in the window of Woof Gang (pet boutique) for quite awhile.  Not sure if it is there now.  The store is on King Street in Charleston 

B7426C0A-DC84-445B-AB28-C3902FA3EFDE.jpeg

I think those caftans are as ugly af.  If you didn't know those were pugs, from a slight distance even, you'd think some farm animal shat all over it.  jmo

11 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I'm looking at it from this standpoint. If Thomas is 55 with a 30 year mortgage, in *theory he'd be paying it off until he's 85. Then in *theory he'd be paying double the purchase price of the house by the time it's paid off, with the interest. Is that worth the income tax deduction, considering the number of working years he has left? Then I was thinking about equity. How much would he have in it if he only lived there a few years. So I the end, why not take that $425k down payment and pay cash for a modest house/condo and own it outright. I don't even want to know what kind of debt he has, if potentially everything he has is on paper. And with all these pending legal situations, he might be in for it, financially. Either way, he's gross. 

It was likely a money-making move.  If Charleston real estate in booming, he knows he'll sell it in a few years and make money.  Bigger $$, more $$ made.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, link417 said:

Speaking as someone who has dealt with major depression and withdrawal from family and friends, the fact that Kathryn feels she has to cut herself off from everyone is the very reason she would not call/text them to let them know she’s okay. In that mental state, social interaction just drains you and makes everything that much worse.

I do get that, but even afterwards when she was at Dani's house and Dani was telling her how upset she was it took an uncomfortably long time for Kathyrn to "get it."  And this is from a Katheryn fan (well, not so much now after I read that article about her and Jennifer, but I was when I watched that scene.)  She does seem to have a profound lack of empathy.  That could be the meds, tho.

• Love 5
Just now, lezlers said:

I do get that, but even afterwards when she was at Dani's house and Dani was telling her how upset she was it took an uncomfortably long time for Kathyrn to "get it."  And this is from a Katheryn fan (well, not so much now after I read that article about her and Jennifer, but I was when I watched that scene.)  She does seem to have a profound lack of empathy.  That could be the meds, tho.

I really do believe that she has emotional 'issues'.  I think she had them prior to rehab, and was self medicating to beat the band.  Now, she is being medicated by professionals, which sort of seems to result in her being in an emotionless state most of the time.  That's the extent that I'll allow my uneducated speculation to go.

• Love 9
(edited)
11 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Well to be fair she did say that the birth practically tore her up to her butt hole.  Shudders.  I get it.  I had 1 kid and vowed I would never, ever, ever, never have another one.  It was the most horrible experience, the pregnancy and birth not the child.  He is 21 and I am still not over the horrid experience.  Not everyone loves the experience and feels like a real woman.  I felt like an animal and wished I had just adopted.  I love my kid with all my heart but the birth did not elevate my love at all.  Thank goodness for the heavy drugs.

Girl, I feel you.  I loathed being pregnant.  Both of my pregnancies were planned, but I did not enjoy one second of either.   I only had the second because I wanted our son to have a sibling, badly.  The birth experience with my son was so traumatic it took me weeks to actually bond with him.   My daughter was much easier, which affected the bond as well.  I love them both to pieces and would give my life for either of them in a second but yeah, I have no fond memories of pregnancy or birth.   Fuck that noise.  It's a completely different issue from how I feel being a mother, which I adore.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 19
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Sorry.  I don't think Craig has any addiction or mental issue.  He's just a guy who fell into a job on a reality show where he's making good coin.  Is he lazy or a procrastinator?  Yeah.  I do think that viewers forget that people on reality shows 'do' have jobs. 

I also think that the Pat pillow design thing was totally producer driven.   Craig is not a designer.  Yeah, it would have been nice if he actually came up with a designer but that's not Craig.  He's just happy with doing things on his terms.  Right now it's working.  Is he going to get a reality check down the road?  Yep

As for Cam and the birth:  I don't recall Cam saying anything about being ripped apart during her birth experience on the show.  She certainly has talked about her experience.  Add to that she had an epidural and talked about everything looking the same after birth (putting a mirror down there).  I can appreciate the problems with breastfeeding.  It's certainly not for everyone and I absolutely get her decision not to continue it.

Where'd you get that from?  She has an over supply of breastmilk.  So...it's actually EASY for her.   They were discussing selling her excess milk, no one mentioned it being hard or her quitting?

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Where'd you get that from?  She has an over supply of breastmilk.  So...it's actually EASY for her.   They were discussing selling her excess milk, no one mentioned it being hard or her quitting?

Did she say it was easy?  From my experience, an oversupply was awful.  I won't go into it, but it did not make it easy,  She did it for three months, it wasn't something she felt she could continue. That does not sound like it was easy for her.  Her problem with it was just not one of the "approved" excuses.   So she did not claim any of those.  Good for her.

• Love 18
On 6/22/2018 at 10:05 AM, bichonblitz said:

Naomi was on WWHL last night (with her new nose which Andy Cohen would not shut up about). Anyway, she said she was not surprised at all at the condition of Craig's house. He must have been so much fun to live with. 

That new nose is awful to me!  I think she needs additional surgery to take care of the wideness on the bottom.  Liked her old nose much better!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, scrb said:

Cam is hilarious

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Cam is fun on this show, but almost everything she says shows she’s about as deep as a shallow puddle on a hot Charleston sidewalk.

That's true, but she doesn't claim to be anything more, and that's what makes her likable. The only thing I don't like is she's encouraged me to buy cheeseballs at the grocery store and they are delicious ?

• Love 12
13 hours ago, scrb said:

And.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sue Anne said:

Did she say it was easy?  From my experience, an oversupply was awful.  I won't go into it, but it did not make it easy

SAME. I had an oversupply with both of my kids and, without getting into details, it made it very very difficult. It can be very tough for the baby (who spends a lot of time choking and then with awful gas) and tough on the mother. You spend most of your time desperately trying to regulate your supply. I stuck with it for a long time with both, but man, an oversupply can be a total nightmare. Good for her for being honest.

• Love 6

What the fuck did I just watch? Whitney and Shep drinking Cameron's breast milk?! What type of gross, disgusting shit are they on? Not to mention disrespectful to her husband. Yuck. 

On 6/21/2018 at 8:26 PM, VedaPierce said:

I don't think that was real breast milk. Breast milk isn't that thick and white. It's thinner and less opaque. You have to shake it a bit if it's been sitting in a bottle. I noticed it right away.

I sincerely hope you're correct. If it was hers that's really a depraved situation. 

• Love 6

Naomi & Dani going to Katherine’s house was so producer driven.  Katherine has a family, a mother and father.  I’m sure they check up on her knowing what she’s going through.  She needed those two to go over no less?  They both have zero storylines now.  Besides Naomi butts into everyone’s business too much.  Anyhow, on another note.  When Thomas looks at Katherine, he LOVES her, no doubt.  You could just see it in his eyes.  At 53, he should quit drinking so much and fooling around and just be with Katherine already and grow up those kids.  They both have to stop being so selfish.  Look at J.D.  Had a good wife and 4 kids and screwed up his life because he wanted wine, women and song.  Bet he wants her back right now.  These jerky men have to grow up.  They have children to raise properly.  Enough of the bar scene every night.  And, dump Ashley.  She only wants his money.

• Love 12
On 6/21/2018 at 6:37 PM, Mindthinkr said:

When Craig was very late to go to Ms Patricia’s, his hands were shaking when he was on the computer. Looks like alcohol withdrawal symptoms to me. 

I definitely noticed the pronounced sweating and sniffling too.  Some lawyers/ law students have an unfortunate relationship with coke to sustain those all nighters.  I believe Craig said in the early seasons that he did his best studying/working at 3am.  At some point that kind of lifestyle will catch up to a person, and I sincerely hope that is not what is happening to Craig.  

3 hours ago, TeeMo said:

She actually posted on IG when she stopped and why - she didn’t have any issues she was just over it after 3 months and it was making her miserable. Honestly kudos to her for being upfront about it. She knew she was opening herself up for criticism by being so candid and I give her a ton of credit for that. She is 100% right that there doesn’t have to be a reason for her to stop other than she didn’t want to do it anymore.  It’s no one’s business how, when or why she decided it was time to stop. She made it clear when she was pregnant that she would try breastfeeding and do it as long as it worked for her and Palmer and that is exactly what she did. 

Good for Cameran.   Breastfeeding is great if its a positive experience for both the mother and the baby.  If it's not, no need to masochistically continue in an effort to prove something. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

That's true, but she doesn't claim to be anything more, and that's what makes her likable. The only thing I don't like is she's encouraged me to buy cheeseballs at the grocery store and they are delicious ?

She’s also likeable because of her cute personality and looks - I just notice that she’s pretty much all about herself, and doesn’t bother to say please or thank-you to servers (unless they edit that out).

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Coffeeb4Tea said:

I definitely noticed the pronounced sweating and sniffling too.  Some lawyers/ law students have an unfortunate relationship with coke to sustain those all nighters.  I believe Craig said in the early seasons that he did his best studying/working at 3am.  At some point that kind of lifestyle will catch up to a person, and I sincerely hope that is not what is happening to Craig.  

Good for Cameran.   Breastfeeding is great if its a positive experience for both the mother and the baby.  If it's not, no need to masochistically continue in an effort to prove something. 

I really feel sorry for Craig as he’s a good guy.  Hanging out with this bunch is doing him no favors.  I’m sure he’s staying in Charleston because of the show.  Too bad he can’t go home to Delaware near his family while he gets himself together.  Looks like he needs some TLC.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, TeeMo said:

She actually posted on IG when she stopped and why - she didn’t have any issues she was just over it after 3 months and it was making her miserable. Honestly kudos to her for being upfront about it. She knew she was opening herself up for criticism by being so candid and I give her a ton of credit for that. She is 100% right that there doesn’t have to be a reason for her to stop other than she didn’t want to do it anymore.  It’s no one’s business how, when or why she decided it was time to stop. She made it clear when she was pregnant that she would try breastfeeding and do it as long as it worked for her and Palmer and that is exactly what she did. 

Good for her!  Sorry, I was basing my comment on the show, I don't follow her on social media.  I personally loathe the "lactivist" movement, as a mother who was unable to breastfeed her children.  I appreciate her being unapologetically real. 

4 hours ago, Sue Anne said:

Did she say it was easy?  From my experience, an oversupply was awful.  I won't go into it, but it did not make it easy,  She did it for three months, it wasn't something she felt she could continue. That does not sound like it was easy for her.  Her problem with it was just not one of the "approved" excuses.   So she did not claim any of those.  Good for her.

Hey, I don't judge any woman for breastfeeding or not breastfeeding.  Fed is best.  You don't need to defend her to me.  I was basing my post on what I saw on the show and wondering why another post was talking about her quitting, ect, since I don't follow her on social media and don't keep up with her life in real time.

• Love 10
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Coffeeb4Tea said:

I definitely noticed the pronounced sweating and sniffling too.  Some lawyers/ law students have an unfortunate relationship with coke to sustain those all nighters.  I believe Craig said in the early seasons that he did his best studying/working at 3am.

They do?!?!? Booze is a very well known vice associated with attorneys. Cocaine? Not so much. I went to a better law school than Craig. Not worlds better, but still better. I could point to a shit ton of my classmates who had nascent alcohol problems. I don't know if I could find a even a couple of them who had cocaine problems and especially not for studying. Who the fuck would waste cocaine on studying for law school when there is Adderall?

If Craig has issues with cocaine, it's because he's been hanging around Thomas and has been on a reality tv show for 5 years.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3