Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Angela is too giggly and smitten looking for this to be all fake on her part. 

I think her personality - or lack of personality - is completely understandable if you review her history.

She had no childhood. From a very early age, she was made to work insane long hours traveling to and from practice where practice consisted of many hours of grueling physical workouts for gymnastics and then pole vaulting. She had no time or ability to have friends or lovers. She was made to think she was very special and better than other people. Remember the first episode? She said something like this, "By the time I was 4, I was 3rd in the state. By the time I was 8 I was 4th in the world."

Of course she is not a warm and compassionate person. Of course people think she is cold and bitch-like.  But on the flip side, she has one of the most gorgeous bodies I've ever seen and even though people say she has a "moustache", that would be an unfortunate side-effect of steroid use. Any serious athlete has to pump steroids if the want to become world-class.

I find Angela to be one of the sexiest and most desirable woman I've ever seen. I think Tyler must be in 7th Heaven. When it comes to happiness, Tyler must be 5th in the State and 3rd in the world - or something like that.   LOL!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, gunderda said:

UGHHHHH freaking idiot. 

I actually want this to happen now. Or I need JC to not go tonight so he gets GBM's that say "hey idiot.. the 3 of us have been working together since day 1 and you were not running the show, we were"

Now Brett and JC are kinda studying

Allow me to adjust  your post?

UGHHHHH freaking racist idiot. 

I may be mistaken. But I feel definite racist overtones to JC's attitude. I realize it makes little sense to think he is a racist since he is not exactly mainstream Caucasian English speaking himself.

But there is no exclusive domain to racism. Often the most racist people of all are not mainstream Caucasian English or White Anglo-Saxon Protestant WASPs (remember them).

I've heard it expressed several times that people who look like KC are stupid and in this case it is patently absurd. KC has demonstrated herself to be one of the most intelligent and most capable competitors. Look at that Veto time of 2 minutes. She smoked that comp by using her brain and thinking of a most superior strategy.

IMO, she is immensely more clever than JC.  I think JC is   .......   *self-censored*

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Skyfall said:

With Florence hitting me, my CBS affiliate has gone around the clock. Can anyone PM me the best alternative to watch the show live?

No idea about alternatives,  although I know there are people here who have posted a link to an alternative.  I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida so I'm really rooting for you guys. Hang in there!

33 minutes ago, mooses said:

I totally get believing he'd choose Angela after last night, but I feel like he'd have such a hard time doing Kaycee dirty like that ......

Hypothetical  Tyler to Angela -  "If you really loved me, you'd understand."

34 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

I may be mistaken. But I feel definite racist overtones to JC's attitude. I realize it makes little sense to think he is a racist since he is not exactly mainstream Caucasian English speaking himself.

But there is no exclusive domain to racism. Often the most racist people of all are not mainstream Caucasian English or White Anglo-Saxon Protestant WASPs (remember them).

I've heard it expressed several times that people who look like KC are stupid and in this case it is patently absurd. KC has demonstrated herself to be one of the most intelligent and most capable competitors. Look at that Veto time of 2 minutes. She smoked that comp by using her brain and thinking of a most superior strategy.

IMO, she is immensely more clever than JC.  I think JC is   .......   *self-censored*

But JC calls all of them stupid. 

• Love 4

Angela just asks "who should we take off, JC or Sam?"

tyler hems and haws.... 

Angela says "maybe sam.. just to see JC squirm"

Angela and Kaycee agree, yes, take off Sam, let JC stay on the block and squirm (alongside with Brett)

Tyler says he already knows what he's going to say if he wins HOH.

They will tell Sam that they never wanted her on the block.

They are SO SURE their plan to get Brett will work - 5 against 1 for the veto (JC and Sam will save themselves, Tyler/Angela/Kaycee will save Sam)

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

I don't think it's racist so much as JC sees her as a "jock" so therefore stupid. He's putting her in the same category as Fessy. JC loves to stereotype people and has no interest in actually getting to know someone. Tyler picked up on that which is why he has been so good at manipulating JC.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Angela just asks "who should we take off, JC or Sam?"

tyler hems and haws.... 

Angela says "maybe sam.. just to see JC squirm"

Angela and Kaycee agree, yes, take off Sam, let JC stay on the block and squirm (alongside with Brett)

Tyler says he already knows what he's going to say if he wins HOH.

They will tell Sam that they never wanted her on the block.

They are SO SURE their plan to get Brett will work - 5 against 1 for the veto (JC and Sam will save themselves, Tyler/Angela/Kaycee will save Sam)

I think they have been so bored the past few weeks that they are dying to this. I'm not exactly sure if it's a good idea or not but if it makes them happy...............LOL!!!! The DE is really a crap shoot. Not an actual Crap Shoot HOH but an a crap shoot depending on who actually wins the HOH. I'm looking forward to it. At least, it will mix it up a little.

• Love 3

Now they are going to pull off JC because they think he will vote out Sam which will put a target onto JC if Sam wins HOH.

1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

I think they have been so bored the past few weeks that they are dying to this. I'm not exactly sure if it's a good idea or not but if it makes them happy...............LOL!!!! The DE is really a crap shoot. Not an actual Crap Shoot HOH but an a crap shoot depending on who actually wins the HOH. I'm looking forward to it. At least, it will mix it up a little.

I kinda hope Brett wins veto to spoil their plans. 

Angela says you can't talk game with Sam because she starts to resist the more you talk to her about it. 

• Love 3

Tyler might be able to put himself in a position where he doesn’t have to choose Kaycee over Angela. It really depends on how this DE plays out. If Brett leaves, L3 can coast to the F3. And Tyler could possibly reasonably assume they’d both take him to the F2. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ohcomeon said:

I don't think it's racist so much as JC sees her as a "jock" so therefore stupid. He's putting her in the same category as Fessy. JC loves to stereotype people and has no interest in actually getting to know someone. Tyler picked up on that which is why he has been so good at manipulating JC.

I think JC thinks EVERYBODY is stupid ... He has done it with everyone including his closest "friends" (Fessy, Brett, Tyler), and like when he said the other day that the people in the HOH couldn't possibly be strategizing because they're not that smart. He has the classic Little Man syndrome in which he has to make everybody else seem LESS THAN so he can seem bigger. He cannot "beat" them in height, but HIS BRAIN is so much bigger than theirs (in his pathetic mind.)

I literally can't stand him and even though sending him home in a double would be easier for him, I still want it, just so I do not have to hear him talking out his ass anymore!

giphy.gif

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cutty said:

I disagree. I thought [Tyler] was clearly into [Kaitlyn], and said on more than one occasion that she reminded him of his ex. Could have been for game purposes but I thought they had good chemistry.

Er - wouldn’t that be one of the best arguments AGAINST that notion?  ;>

50 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Honestly he seems pretty pressed about this whole Angela & Tyler thing- he was apparently on Instagram Live last night saying he's going to "expose" Tyler and let everyone know that he told Kaitlyn he loved her- we all know that didn't happen- and that he thought Hay was cute or something. OMG HE THOUGHT A GIRL WAS CUTE WHAT A MONSTER. In regards to Kaitlyn we all know that isn't true-I know when she was there we were all trying to figure out if he was playing her or he actually liked her- and I think he liked her as a person- but he didn't like her romantically.  

This is just pure speculation on my part- but I think he's really concerned that whatever potential opportunities that him and Bay should be getting as a "Big Brother Showmance"  could potentially be taken away from them and given to Angela & Tyler- and that's why he's being such a dick. The Angela & Tyler storyline in the game I'm sure is heaven for production- they both save each other from the block- they are a power duo winning comps- they then start falling for each other, and their "Ice Queen" heart is melting- (Don't worry I rolled my eyes when I wrote that). Not to mention the fact that Tyler is the "mastermind" of the season- the Superfan and was ADAMANT about no Showmances. If they end up on The Amazing Race or something if that is even an option- instead of Swaggy & Bay- I think Swaggy is going to lose his damn mind. LOL.

Agreed with the vast majority of this post, with one exception:

50 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I'm not saying Swaggy & Bay aren't in love- I'm sure they think they are- but it's a bit hypocritical of him to be trashing Tyler & Angela's relationship when you literally have only spent 23 days with Bay- and they have spent A LOT more time together. 

Fixed that for ya.  ;)

Ever since being the second eviction of the season Swarley’s been scrambling to exploit any/all avenues available to perpetuate the notion he’s somehow still relevant to this season (spoiler alert: he ain’t).  All roads, however, have inevitably led Scabby to one immutable fact: BB-wise, he is nothing without Bae.  Swarley and Bae’s relationship - and the possibility of a little Swirl in the works - are the only reason anybody pays ANY attention to Swarley in a BB context.  So it’s in Swarlz’s best self-interests to milk that relationship for all it’s worth - and part of THAT is beating the “Swaleigh is this season’s only TRUE showmance” drum at every opportunity.  By and large this season has been very accommodating to that message by permitting it to go unchallenged - Rachel got nowhere, Sam never really tried, and Faleigh was more Fail than most - so Swarley’s “Sole Showmance” claim has gone largely undisputed.

But now Swarles has a new problem - Tangela, which beats the skin off the Swaleigh drum on several counts:

• Presence.  Both Tyler and Angela are still in the House and in front of the cameras.  Bae is now relegated to 2-3 minutes a week on the “welcome to the Jury House” schtick, and Swarley shot his wad (again?) over a month ago with his “Meet the Parents” clip.
  • Timeliness.  The door closed on Swaleigh WAAAAY back on Week 3, while Tangela is still evolving in real time.
  • Complexity.  Swaleigh comes off like a run-of-the-mill House hookup; in contrast, Tangela’s whole “despite their best efforts” vibe reads like freakin’ Letters to Juliet.  Tangela troutslaps the shit outta Swaleigh, romance-wise, and you just know the Harlequin set (and Production) are positively salivating over THAT.

In short (I know, too late): by accident or by design, Tangela threatens to slaughter Swarley’s sole remaining cash cow - Swaleigh - like it was a stunt double in Apocalypse Now.  So Swarleyman will denigrate Tangela at every opportunity, by any means possible, to keep that from happening.

P. S.: Yo, Bob Swarley - “shopping for rings”?  For a girl you hooked up with a couple of times, a couple of months ago?  Who the hell are you, Cameron out of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off?  Even as an attention ploy - fucking pathetic, dude.

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Tyler might be able to put himself in a position where he doesn’t have to choose Kaycee over Angela. It really depends on how this DE plays out. If Brett leaves, L3 can coast to the F3. And Tyler could possibly reasonably assume they’d both take him to the F2. 

Tyler can't let himself be taken because the jury already thinks he's been passively controlled by women this entire game.  He won't have enough time to counteract that in a short speech.

Sending Brett to jury in a backdoor blindside isn't going to help matters because Brett may very well see this as Tyler being unable to go against the women and give Angela and Kaycee the credit for convincing Tyler to stick with them.  Being backdoored will mean it's hard for Brett to talk up the great game of L6.  He talked a whole bunch of shit to the jury and now they can just laugh and point at him...you got GOT!

Added thought...

In one of the game's ironies, a bitter jury might actually be to Tyler's benefit.  The jury might think Angela controlled the game, but may give the win to lovable lunkhead Tyler to screw over Angela.

Edited by Sketcher
New thoughts don't need new post
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, KootieTaw said:

I think JC thinks EVERYBODY is stupid ... He has done it with everyone including his closest "friends" (Fessy, Brett, Tyler), and like when he said the other day that the people in the HOH couldn't possibly be strategizing because they're not that smart. He has the classic Little Man syndrome in which he has to make everybody else seem LESS THAN so he can seem bigger. He cannot "beat" them in height, but HIS BRAIN is so much bigger than theirs (in his pathetic mind.)

I literally can't stand him and even though sending him home in a double would be easier for him, I still want it, just so I do not have to hear him talking out his ass anymore!

giphy.gif

Not a JC fan , but, he probably has the highest IQ of all the HG's. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Skyfall said:

This showmance might’ve saved his game. If he takes her F2 The Hive won’t vote for her.

Except that taking Angela to final 2 confirms all of the Hive's assumptions about Tyler being "controlled" by Angela.  She has made big moves, won comps when she needed to, and she's a woman.  Bayleigh and RS swore at one point that they would vote for a woman to win no matter what.  Hayleigh has spent a lot of time with Angela.  Sure, most of it was them mutually tolerating each other for game purposes, but I still think that Hay would be willing to vote for Angela and where she goes so goes Fess.  JC is a bitter troll.  If Tyler cuts him for Angela's sake, I think he will vote for Angela to win just to spite him.  Sam may be swayed by the girl power! argument pushed by Bay and RS.  Tyler burned Scottie.  Brett knows that Tyler has played hard all season, but even he thinks that Angela is getting into Tyler's head.  He may be blindsided tonight and if he is I don't think he will bother to be a jury advocate for Tyler's game.  I know that Angela is disliked by the Hive, but so is Tyler.  I don't think Tyler should be sitting next to Angela or Kaycee in the end.  He has a better chance of winning next to Brett, JC or Sam.

The nice thing is that if Tyler is sitting next to Angela in the end, then nobody except JC can be accused of being a bitter juror.  They both have played a good game and no matter who wins it will be deserved.  Same with Tyler v Kaycee.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, lilabennet said:

.he nice thing is that if Tyler is sitting next to Angela in the end, then nobody except JC can be accused of being a bitter juror.  They both have played a good game and no matter who wins it will be deserved.  Same with Tyler v Kaycee.

I think that the only way I would call "Bitter Jury" now is if Sam wins. And I'd still find it hilarious because it'd be so FOUETTE to ruin a great strategic season. 

Every other HG has a strong case on why they should win. I'm looking forward to how it all plays out. 

Edited by mooses
I don't know what a "Butter Jury" is.
  • Love 1

I don't think Angela and Tyler will last outside the house. Tyler essentially is a rather warm person, and Angela is not. I don't think she's a total ice queen but she definitely isn't warm and cuddly, and she's rather serious in personality. In the game their interests have aligned and they also get along. Also both are young and at this point horny.  But outside the house I think their personalities will clash too much.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mooses said:

I think that the only way I would call "Bitter Jury" now is if Sam wins. And I'd still find it hilarious because it'd be so FOUETTE to ruin a great strategic season. 

Every other HG has a strong case on why they should win. I'm looking forward to how it all plays out. 

HA! That would be hysterical if that scenario played out! The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight still manages to fuck up majorly, and awards Sam the win! I would love to see their stupid faces after they return to the real world, watch the season back and realize just how much America was pointing and laughing at their brainless moronic "game-play" all season long. Their stupid faces!!

Edited by HeShallBMySquishy
I don't know what a "Butter Jury" is either.
45 minutes ago, Nashville said:

But now Swarles has a new problem - Tangela, which beats the skin off the Swaleigh drum on several counts:

• Presence.  Both Tyler and Angela are still in the House and in front of the cameras.  Bae is now relegated to 2-3 minutes a week on the “welcome to the Jury House” schtick, and Swarley shot his wad (again?) over a month ago with his “Meet the Parents” clip.
  • Timeliness.  The door closed on Swaleigh WAAAAY back on Week 3, while Tangela is still evolving in real time.
  • Complexity.  Swaleigh comes off like a run-of-the-mill House hookup; in contrast, Tangela’s whole “despite their best efforts” vibe reads like freakin’ Letters to Juliet.  Tangela troutslaps the shit outta Swaleigh, romance-wise, and you just know the Harlequin set (and Production) and IndyMischa are positively salivating over THAT.

In short (I know, too late): by accident or by design, Tangela threatens to slaughter Swarley’s sole remaining cash cow - Swaleigh - like it was a stunt double in Apocalypse Now.  So Swarleyman will denigrate Tangela at every opportunity, by any means possible, to keep that from happening.

P. S.: Yo, Bob Swarley - “shopping for rings”?  For a girl you hooked up with a couple of times, a couple of months ago?  Who the hell are you, Cameron out of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off?  Even as an attention ploy - fucking pathetic, dude.

FTFY. Million percent agree with the rest, particularly the last three words, which really say it all!

• Love 3

It is staggering to me, despite years of seeing stoopididty in the BB house, that Tangela is not the absolute target of the house for the DE.  Insanity.  I want Tyler to win, but to get away with a showmance this late in the proceedings?  Dude is all-time.

I believe Angela to be legit cold, but it is true in my experience that some super pretty girls/ladies learned that to show any kind of warmth towards any given guy super often leads to unwanted attention.   As a bartender, I saw it time after time after time.  Plain, or worse, looking dudes would light up like fireflies if given the slightest smile or acknowledgement.  The lady was merely being polite or kind, or just courteous, but man, those guys would push and push.  Nothing evil.  Just human nature.  Anyway...it is no fun to have to let folks down, and especially perfectly nice guys who can't act right and let a lady be.   So, walls it is.  Accusations of being cold or a beyotch.  It is what it is.

• Love 12

The biggest reason I see for Tyler/Angela not working out is that they seem to be in different stages of their lives. Angela has a business in addition to modeling. Tyler is independent, but still seems to be having fun as a lifeguard and not quite as settled down. I do think the feelings are real, but things like that matter in The Real World. 

But, yeah, I predict every single Showmance will fail, so who knows.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, mooses said:

The biggest reason I see for Tyler/Angela not working out is that they seem to be in different stages of their lives. Angela has a business in addition to modeling. Tyler is independent, but still seems to be having fun as a lifeguard and not quite as settled down. I do think the feelings are real, but things like that matter in The Real World. 

I think that it's a bit different with the two of them- only because she's mentioned that she was kind of in a rut in her life prior to coming into the house and felt that she was working all the time and going through the motions and not actually enjoying life. She had been contemplating selling her business prior to going into the house and now that she's had time away from it she's really considering it because she wants to actually enjoy her life and not be confined to her business and being in the house has really made her see that she wants different things in her life, because whatever she was doing before was not making her happy. She said this to Tyler as he's the only one who knows about her business. 

She's talked about how she really wants to travel more and that she wants to do that when she leaves the house, so that would for sure align with what he wants to do. If either of them walk away with the money- I imagine there will for sure be some travelling for them besides just Hawaii, with Peanut tagging along. 

Once again who the hell knows anything can happen-they are literally living in a bubble right now- we will see what happens in the real world. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 9

I certainly don't expect any couple to last forever out of the house (Marlena stayed together? Really?), but I think they will date and have a good time for awhile. And I hope L6 meets up and has fun after the show ends too. I've really enjoyed the Tyler/Kaycee/Angela (and Brett too) friendship in the house, even if they are starting to turn. Generally, it seems like *most* grudges go away after the season is over.

I would think that the Hive might meet up post-show too, but I'm not sure if they are capable of arranging and executing a successful get together. And Fessy would get the gathering date wrong and accuse someone of changing up the plans on him.

I'm not really nervous about the DE tonight, except if JC were to win HOH. And he certainly can win a crapshoot. I just don't want anything inflating his ego ever more than it is already.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, mooses said:

Yeah - but if I recall some of the BY Angela/Tyler conversations correctly, Angela fucking hates her business.  IIRC the business is a joint venture between Angela and her mother - and when the BB call came, they let go of all the staff for the duration.  Mom was supposed to be handling the operation in Angela’s absence; the equivalent of a “closed until further notice” sign has been up on the virtual storefront since Angela went into the House, though.  So in any case, by the time Angela gets out of the House there may not be a business to return to.

Now, as as a purely personal observation: since the time she was a child Angela has had drilled into her the necessity of having a “plan” for life.  Gymnastics, pole vaulting, modeling, online business, etc. - all were steps on a path towards reaching goals of life stability and financial security.  These were obviously her parents’ goals for her (hell, what 5yo is actively planning for COLLEGE, for god’s sake?), and I think Angela frequently chafes under the weight and restrictions of these plans - but she goes along with them because she’s never known a life without them.  And I think a look at life through the eyes of someone like Tyler would do Angela a world of good.

3 minutes ago, mooses said:

You and me both; I normally despise showmances, and enthusiastically root for their demise.  But this one is... different.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I would think that the Hive might meet up post-show too, but I'm not sure if they are capable of arranging and executing a successful get together. And Fessy would get the gathering date wrong and accuse someone of changing up the plans on him.

Fessy: WHO FLIPPED?

All of Hive/FOUTTE: You did, Fessy. You flipped the dates. 

That being said, I do think this cast will be closer than other casts. Not all of them will be best buddies and a few will drop off (Sam will likely not keep in contact with a single person, Swaggy seems content in only using the BB alumni for fame rather than actual friendship), but I think a whole lot more will stay in contact. I see Rockstar/Haleigh being friends outside of the house. Bayleigh could reconnect with the people she said she got close with before Swaggy (Angela, surprisingly, Kaycee, and maybe Haleigh). I do see Bayleigh wanting to keep in contact with L6 because she always got along better with them before her House Meeting Freakout. Of course, this'll likely only happen once her and Swaggy breakup, because I can't see him being pleased with her staying in contact with these people. I know I've said that Bayleigh is entitled and spoiled, but I think she'd actually forgive people outside of this house and let bygones be bygones. 

Scottie/Haleigh will probably remain friends. Angela/Kaycee/Tyler will be close, and I can see the entire L6 gang repairing what was damaged between them. Tyler will be the one to stay in contact with most people, I think. Winston will probably talk with everyone; I remember him trying to connect with Swaggy once he was evicted and Swaggy rejected his attempts. Kaitlyn will definitely be friends with everyone she possibly can. Brett/Rachel will figure things out and probably hook up outside of the house (we may never find out about that or we'll learn about it years down the line). Obviously Rockstar and Brett will be best friends! Ok, but seriously, I can see them hanging out at the afterparty and getting along. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Bawhahahaha. Probably. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Ty and Angela are cute.  Have they had sex yet? Lol.  Or will that be on finale night? 

Tyler and Angela are definitely more circumspect and aware of their environment than most House couples, so I’m pretty certain - other than hands and (occasionally) lips, nobody will see any parts of their respective bodies making contact in front of a camera.  

I’ve said before, though; come Finale night, I expect there’s at least ONE hotel room for which TPTB ain’t getting back any security deposit.  Think Brad Pitt and Geena Davis in Thelma and Louise.  ;)

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Nashville said:

And I think a look at life through the eyes of someone like Tyler would do Angela a world of good.

Agreed. 

14 minutes ago, Nashville said:

You and me both; I normally despise showmances, and enthusiastically root for their demise.  But this one is... different.

I also cannot stand showmances- I think with this one it wasn't your typical the second the feeds came up they were already coupled up and huddled in the corner. For me it's like- well I'm not even going to bother trying to hard to root for either of the pair because one of them is going to leave soon anyway because you are always going to try and break up an obvious pair. 

It was for sure a slow burn that started in the middle of the season-I didn't see it coming. And at least for me it's been cute to watch- but doesn't annoy me as much because they are still playing the game. 

3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Tyler and Angela are definitely more circumspect and aware of their environment than most House couples, so I’m pretty certain - other than hands and (occasionally) lips, nobody will see any parts of their respective bodies making contact in front of a camera.  

I’ve said before, though; come Finale night, I expect there’s at least ONE hotel room for which TPTB ain’t getting back any security deposit.  Think Brad Pitt and Geena Davis in Thelma and Louise.  ;)

Considering that they are constantly counting down the days while staring at each other- I imagine that is the #1 thing on their minds on Finale Night. Well minus one of them winning the money- for Tyler maybe the Sex is #2. LMAO. 13 more days til they can bang ya'll. LMAO. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Yeah - but if I recall some of the BY Angela/Tyler conversations correctly, Angela fucking hates her business.  IIRC the business is a joint venture between Angela and her mother - and when the BB call came, they let go of all the staff for the duration.  Mom was supposed to be handling the operation in Angela’s absence; the equivalent of a “closed until further notice” sign has been up on the virtual storefront since Angela went into the House, though.  So in any case, by the time Angela gets out of the House there may not be a business to return to.

That's all very interesting.  I had checked out her store because I sell something similar and on her intro it looked she had people helping her so couldn't really understand why she would close it down completely.  To me it didn't really seem like she was the mastermind behind the whole thing or she would be featured more of a model and artist - because what she's doing does take some graphic designer skills.  I love selling these things because for my process it's a super quick turnaround with absolutely no overhead on my end where it looked like their process required way more work for the end product. 

I'm usually all for a cute and fun showmance but I just can not get into Tyler and Angela. 

• Love 3

Out of all of them, besides Brett/Winston, I think Tyler/Kaycee will stay close friends. There was a moment yesterday where they were pretending to play Sims with Brett/Angela in the kitchen - I had seen them strategize, but didn't realize how much they're on the same wavelength personality-wise as well. 

But, I bet most of them will be fine and get along - besides Swaggy, and maybe Fessy, I don't see too many social media fights like BB19.

Tyler/Haleigh/JC seem to be the Production darlings and will probably show up on future seasons as hosts, HGs, or, for Tyler, "here's what I think" interviews. I could see Brett/Winston, Tyler/Angela or Swaggy/Bayleigh on The Amazing Race. Kaitlyn is definitely going to show up somewhere else as well - CBS isn't letting that crazy go without milking it for all it's worth. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 4

Is the veto for DE always a ballpit style comp? I'm trying to think of when it has been different. 

Kaycee just brought up the ready, set, go comp thinking that could be veto. Tyler said that could take too long during a DE. 

14 minutes ago, mooses said:

Kaitlyn is definitely going to show up somewhere else as well - CBS isn't letting that crazy go without milking it for all it's worth. 

Kaitlyn might be legit the only HG I could agree with letting re-enter the house in the future (with the exception of an All-Stars 2, where everyone is a returning HG). She wasn't even a favorite of mine, but I can't deny she made amazing tv and feeds. She's the right amount of crazy the house needs to be entertaining without being scary.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Fessy: WHO FLIPPED?

All of Hive/FOUTTE: You did, Fessy. You flipped the dates. 

That being said, I do think this cast will be closer than other casts. Not all of them will be best buddies and a few will drop off (Sam will likely not keep in contact with a single person, Swaggy seems content in only using the BB alumni for fame rather than actual friendship), but I think a whole lot more will stay in contact. I see Rockstar/Haleigh being friends outside of the house. Bayleigh could reconnect with the people she said she got close with before Swaggy (Angela, surprisingly, Kaycee, and maybe Haleigh). I do see Bayleigh wanting to keep in contact with L6 because she always got along better with them before her House Meeting Freakout. Of course, this'll likely only happen once her and Swaggy breakup, because I can't see him being pleased with her staying in contact with these people. I know I've said that Bayleigh is entitled and spoiled, but I think she'd actually forgive people outside of this house and let bygones be bygones. 

Scottie/Haleigh will probably remain friends. Angela/Kaycee/Tyler will be close, and I can see the entire L6 gang repairing what was damaged between them. Tyler will be the one to stay in contact with most people, I think. Winston will probably talk with everyone; I remember him trying to connect with Swaggy once he was evicted and Swaggy rejected his attempts. Kaitlyn will definitely be friends with everyone she possibly can. Brett/Rachel will figure things out and probably hook up outside of the house (we may never find out about that or we'll learn about it years down the line). Obviously Rockstar and Brett will be best friends! Ok, but seriously, I can see them hanging out at the afterparty and getting along. 

One of the side effects of them (I'm sure purely accidentally) casting a relatively normal cast is that yeah, they will almost certainly remain close for the foreseeable future, because that's what normal people do when they spend months together in close quarters (think about your friends from college, for instance). 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, mooses said:

... I could see Brett/Winston, Tyler/Angela or Swaggy/Bayleigh on The Amazing Race.  ...

I vote for Brett/Winston.  Their dynamic reminds me of the Globetrotters who I loved.  I can see them playing with a healthy dose of humor and self-deprecation.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

I had to go look at those. Dude. I have to think he's just trolling a bit with those. And yet...

I don't think Swaggy is a bad guy (just really immature and insecure), but this desperation and hubris is not a good look for him. All the showmance branding since he's been out of the house is just kind of gross. I don't think the show is a fan of Angela/Tangela much, so I kind of dread that they are going to give Swaggy more airtime during the finale as he reunites with Bayleigh. Ugh.

I still wonder if Grodner is just seething that she put so many single beautiful people into the house this season and only ended up with early eviction Swayleigh, creepy Fayleigh, and late in the season Tangela. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Kaitlyn might be legit the only HG I could agree with letting re-enter the house in the future (with the exception of an All-Stars 2, where everyone is a returning HG). She wasn't even a favorite of mine, but I can't deny she made amazing tv and feeds. She's the right amount of crazy the house needs to be entertaining without being scary.

I was totally surprised how disappointed I was to see Kaitlyn go. I generally can't stand those type of out-there HGs, even as entertainment value - Rachel (as in Brendon and Rachel) remains one of my least favorite HGs ever. I expected something like that out of Kaitlyn, but she was deliberately funny, entertaining, unpredictable, and, after seeing her out of the House, you can tell she didn't take anything too seriously or personally. Yes, she was a bit much, but you need a little of that every now and then. 

I would rather see her on something like The Amazing Race, though. I think it would work way better with her personality. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, mooses said:

I was totally surprised how disappointed I was to see Kaitlyn go. I generally can't stand those type of out-there HGs, even as entertainment value - Rachel (as in Brendon and Rachel) remains one of my least favorite HGs ever. I expected something like that out of Kaitlyn, but she was deliberately funny, entertaining, unpredictable, and, after seeing her out of the House, you can tell she didn't take anything too seriously or personally. Yes, she was a bit much, but you need a little of that every now and then. 

I would rather see her on something like The Amazing Race, though. I think it would work way better with her personality. 

I will go so far as to say I liked out-of-House Kaitlyn a lot better than I liked in-House Chakra Con.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Nashville said:

I will go so far as to say I liked out-of-House Kaitlyn a lot better than I liked in-House Chakra Con.

Oh yeah. I think seeing her out of the House made me appreciate her more - like, I give a lot of credit to HGs that have the slightest bit of self-awareness because it seems to be so rare.

That's why I think The Amazing Race would be so much better - the "visions" and "manifesting" version of her was ridiculous - I'm sure a real part of her, but maybe a bit played up for Big Brother. But, I thought she genuinely had a lot of charisma and a good sense of humor. Running around, interacting with different people in The Amazing Race can bring that out more instead of the New Age nonsense.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ohcomeon said:

I disagree with most of this. I see a lot of my daughter in Angela. Because of the way she looks, she is perceived as being "cold" when in actuality she has some social anxiety and is very introverted and if put with someone she doesn't have anything in common with, she really does struggle to relate to them. I'm pretty sure the family of my daughter's current boyfriend thought she was very cold and really not that into him because she looks like someone who should be ultra confident and bubbly personality (short, blond, blue eyed, dresses pretty preppy with a strong Christian faith from the South.... basically someone a few posters here would take one look at and hate on sight). Believe me, it's not fun to be thought of as "stuck up" when you are actually shy and insecure

I could be projecting my daughter onto Angela, but I really see her feeling comfortable and confident around Tyler, not as someone who is using him to create a story line. 

And I think Tyler is adorable. I hate his hair though and wish he'd cut it.

As far as Kaitlyn and Tyler, I always got the feeling that she annoyed Tyler and he was just putting up with her for the game.

I so agree with this, especially the bold. I have been accused of being cold and uppity myself, and people have said they think I walk around like I'm better than everyone. It's totally not that, not at all, I'm just a soft-spoken private person who doesn't always broadcast what I'm feeling. In fact, I can probably count on one hand the number of friends I have that I would feel comfortable sharing my private thoughts with. I have plenty of acquaintances, but very few friends.

That's why I started working in food service years ago, so that dealing face-to-face with customers was a requirement, and it really has helped my comfort level when talking to strangers. I'm still not at the stage where I can chat up random people, like my BF can in the elevator in our building. But I am learning!

Oh, and Tyler looks so much better with short cropped hair, and not that Carrot Top monstrosity he has now.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Maybe it is because they don't seem to be pairing off out of either boredom or some desire to put on a show for the viewers? I don't know, they seem to have developed a lot more naturally as a couple than the traditional showmance, where it feels like someone looks around and says "I find this person to be the most attractive of the options in this house, and I don't want to go several months without hooking up."

That being said, while I don't favor showmances I don't generally bet one way or the other on them breaking up. After all, I met my spouse when I was in college and our first dance was "Pour some Sugar on Me" at a frat party. Pretty sure nobody looked at us an thought: now there's a love for the ages. Been together 17 years, though.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Oh hell, Jokers has Instagram pics of Swaggy ring shopping. 

HAHAHA I called that, like, weeks ago. 

God, I hope Bayleigh does what I told the husband I would do if he proposed in public. So there was awhile there where we knew we were getting married, we had already gotten the engagement ring, but the husband kept telling me that he wanted to still actually propose and it would be a surprise when he did. And we started coming up with these big plans of where he could propose (we wanted to make a round of our favourite restaurants and see if we could get free dessert for getting engaged over the dinner course). And then he said "What if I asked you at a Canucks game?" And I told him honestly that if he did pop the question at a hockey game - because duh, of course it would hit the screens because nothing happens at Canucks games in the stands other than a giant orca eating heads - I would say no while the camera was on us. Like OVERWHELMING NO. I would still take the ring after but a HARD NO in public, dude. Needless to say, he popped the question one morning when I was in my pajamas with unbrushed hair and my first cup of coffee in my hand.

But now, after that long personal story that has no place here, I hope Bayleigh does the same thing and just turns him the fuck down as soon as he asks because ew, public proposals are gross and icky (to me!) and I always wonder if it was planned or if the person accepting the proposal feels pushed into it because PUBLIC! 

Sure, it would make the finale ALL ABOUT SWAGGY but how hilarious would it be to see his face crumble when his One Point Away From Genius Queen Bay is like "Nah, I had some time to think while I was in the jury house and y'know, I think it just wouldn't work out." 

Just say no, Bayleigh. 

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, The Companion said:

Maybe it is because they don't seem to be pairing off out of either boredom or some desire to put on a show for the viewers? I don't know, they seem to have developed a lot more naturally as a couple than the traditional showmance, where it feels like someone looks around and says "I find this person to be the most attractive of the options in this house, and I don't want to go several months without hooking up."

Agreed; Tyler and Angela’s House relationship appears to have developed a lot more organically than most.  

Although... it seems as if, since both Tyler and Angela feel restrained from pursuing physical fulfillment of the relationship in front of the House cameras, their development of the emotional component has correspondingly intensified over time.   Since they couldn’t immediately hook up BUT remained in close proximity on a daily basis, they’ve (accidentally?) ended up taking the time to actually get to know each other pretty well.  

That being said: if Tangela does end up being The Real Thing outside the House - reckon it still would’ve, if both had been free to hook up when the urge first hit them?  :)

9 minutes ago, The Companion said:

That being said, while I don't favor showmances I don't generally bet one way or the other on them breaking up. After all, I met my spouse when I was in college and our first dance was "Pour some Sugar on Me" at a frat party. Pretty sure nobody looked at us an thought: now there's a love for the ages. Been together 17 years, though.

Tyler and Angela do look to be the most unlikely of couples...

BUT...

This one girl back in college was afraid to be alone with me in a dark room (the projectionist booth at the theater I was working) for an extended period of time, so she drug along a dorm roommate as a chaperone; two weeks later the friend and I were engaged, and married eight months later.  We were polar opposites in SO many ways, and we found out later all our “good friends” had a pool going on how long we’d last.  My new sister-in-law cleaned up because she was the only one to pick “longer than 6 months”.

In any case - this coming December will mark 33 years the old lady and I have been together, and all those “good friends” are on their third and fourth marriages/divorces.  So never trust surface appearances - they can deceive you.  ;>

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I want to say it's Monday night? I know the feeds are off for at least two days and the surprise eviction airs next Wednesday, if I remember the schedule correctly.

Yea, I think we gets feeds all the way up until the morning on Monday and then they go off until after the show airs in the west coast on Wednesday.

6 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Smashcut to Angela's DR session where she coldly says, "Listen, I told him whatever he needed to hear. I'll probably tell Kaycee I'm falling for her, too. Whatever it takes." 

Ugh, I wish!

5 hours ago, mooses said:

There's a very real chance that Tyler is going to have to choose between Angela/Kaycee. I really wonder what he will do. I totally get believing he'd choose Angela after last night, but I feel like he'd have such a hard time doing Kaycee dirty like that - I kinda think he might distraughtly explain to Angela that him and Kaycee have had a F2 since Day 1, and he never expected to fall for her so hard. 

The scarier possibility is Tyler having to choose between Angela/Sam or Kaycee/Sam. That's when there's a very real chance Tyler gets murdered and the Big Brother doors lose their hinges. 

I love this thought.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

Me too. Rarely do they seem real and built for the long haul. The only one I truly believed in from Big Brother was Jeff and Jordan .

as I stated earlier, they really remind of Rob and Amber from Survivor back in the day. So many thought they were in it for the publicity and that a tough Boston boy could never make it long term with a girl from a privileged background.

well, they are married 13 years, have 4 kids (lol- all girls) and seem to be going strong.

sometimes people really connect despite themselves. I just think that is what is happening here. I honestly think the feelings are real but time will tell.?

• Love 7