Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18 James (K) & Cynthia 2018.06.20

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I agree, but I could understand Dr. Now's frustration. He knows Lisa is killing James, he saw her smirking and believes it is intentional. He was only hoping he could save James but won't happen. 

Oh, I'm totally glad he called APS. I think he had to, even if APS took a different view of the matter after they investigated. Who knows, there might have been something that APS would find in an investigation that they could hang a case on. But, it seems they didn't find anything. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I was thinking just a little bit ago that he could get a job at a play park. Last fall we took my grandkids to a pumpkin patch that had a giant inflatable pillow that allowed for around thirty kids to jump on it. 

And depending which parts they jumped up and down on, they'd either be showered in barf, poop, pee, or pus from the leg wounds.

Enjoy your dinner, everyone!

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Yes. That's right. She's not forcing food on him, and he's a legally competent adult. APS can't intervene and save people from themselves. If there's no coercion, no illegal substances involved, and the adult is legally competent, APS really doesn't have any basis for intervention. And, what could they do anyway? Lock Lisa up? Lock James up? Get a court order that would require the cops to enforce (because we all know how well a lot of restraining orders work - or don't)? Nope.

Is he competent, though? I really don’t know. But he seems pretty delusional in a lot of ways. I wonder how you can draw that line. Obviously he has some grip on reality but it certainly isn’t a total grip. 

Just now, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

And depending which parts they jumped up and down on, they'd either be showered in barf, poop, pee, or pus from the leg wounds.

Or the kid would simply disappear into the hole. Perhaps we should let Doc PimplePopper have a go at him first. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Gee, thanks.... 

1 minute ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Is he competent, though? I really don’t know. But he seems pretty delusional in a lot of ways. I wonder how you can draw that line. Obviously he has some grip on reality but it certainly isn’t a total grip. 

I wonder too how competent he is. People lost in their addictions aren't the most reliable and in sound mind. I also wonder if some of the organ failure can cause some mental deficiencies. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I know, he's kind of a whack job. But for an adult to be declared legally incompetent, they really have to be pretty far gone mentally. Not just a royally screwed-up delusional whack job, who still knows what day it is and can carry on a fairly rational conversation. More like, suffering from some form of dementia, organic brain damage, or mental illness, that is severe enough so that they just can't function on their own and need to be cared for. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Is he competent, though? I really don’t know

The standard for legal competency is very low. Basically if he knows what year it is, and who the president is, he'll pass. Is he also, in fact, a nutbar? Yes. But that doesn't matter for legal competency.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I agree, but I could understand Dr. Now's frustration. He knows Lisa is killing James, he saw her smirking and believes it is intentional. He was only hoping he could save James but won't happen. 

I have a slightly different view on the smirk. I don’t think it was that she’s killing him on her own and getting away with it. I think they are scamming together. They are lying about everything, together. He doesn’t want to diet and she’s fine helping him not. The pocket TLC’s money and waste Dr. Now’s time and resources all while knowing when James gets in bad shape Dr Now is still going to treat him. (btw I don’t blame Dr Now for that. He’s a doctor. He doesn’t want his patients to die even when they are horrible people). So to me the smirk was ‘yep - I snuck him food and we lie to you. So what’. But not her alone. They are both giving everyone the finger. 

• Love 17

Tbh, I don't think Lisa has Munchhausen or is in it for the money or is just that incompetent. I think she's just fucking snapped. I mean, think about it. This lady has been with abusive partners her entire life (she probably was abused as a child too, but that's just me guessing) and she's been a slave to an oversized baby for years. She's had to live in and with filth, for years. I have no doubts that when James was mobile, he slapped her around or at the very least, severely emotionally abused her.

You guys remember the tone of voice he used when he demanded her to order him Chinese food.  Not even to mention that he fucking made her sleep on the floor. She clearly wanted to help James but when it became apparent he didn't want to, she had a breakdown and just lost it.

So yeah. I think she's fed up (no pun intended) with being kicked around her whole life, and has decided to get rid of the one man who's been causing all her problems for well over 15 years. I think she hates and is trying to kill via his obesity. I don't think she's evil, and I don't think she's a sociopath. I think she's just a battered wife who's just done. And you know what? I don't blame her. I'm not condoning her actions, but I can see why she's doing this. A person can only take so much before they go nuts and I think Lisa is at that point.  

Again, I'm not saying what she's doing is a good thing (it's most certainly not), but if this is what she's trying to do I can understand why.

• Love 20

Well, let's be generous and assume that 2/3 of that 60# is water weight. That's still 20# in a week, or 3 pounds a day. So he'd have to be eating 10,000 calories more per day than he's burning, or about 15,000 calories a day. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, cpcathy said:

As much as we joke, I would HATE to be in bed all the time. I feel guilty when I sleep in on the weekend!

They showed James just sitting and looking at the ceiling a lot, not sure if it was for the show, but geez, no way, never. I would never restrict myself to being in bed all the time. I was even back to work one week after wrist surgery!

I had foot surgery on the 1st. The pain medication wound up making me very sick (I didn’t have an actual allergic reaction so I couldn’t justify trying to get switched to something else, but I experienced every one of the known side effects). I couldn’t even sit up in bed, I had no choice but to stay horizontal or I got too dizzy and nauseous. I stopped taking it after a week but it took about five more days for the side effects to stop. So I was laying in bed constantly for more than a week and a half. IT SUCKED. And it wasn’t just boredom (nor was I sleeping, the pills wouldn’t let me and you can’t take sleep aids on top of those) - I was in pain from laying there. My back hurt CONSTANTLY and there was NO position where I could be comfortable.

It HURTS to stay in bed all the time! Its not just being obese that’s causing these people pain, its laying around all the time, I guarantee it. Our bodies just can’t take it.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I found it funny that James was trying to hide his face when the paramedics took him out of his apartment.  The first time he put on a hat; the second time he held his hand in front of his face.  Okay, so first, he's on TV.  I think people will know which 800 pound man was hauled out of the apartment.  Second, he's 800 pounds.  Does he think people are going to confuse him with the other bed bound, "Ow, mah laygs" screaming 800 pound man in their apartment complex?  One flash of a "layg" and you know he's one of a kind.  We see you James.  You are not Clark Kent with the glasses that make him unrecognizable.  We all know it's you. 

I really really think that was just because of the sun hurting his eyes. He almost never goes outside after all.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, NeitherSparky said:

I had foot surgery on the 1st. The pain medication wound up making me very sick (I didn’t have an actual allergic reaction so I couldn’t justify trying to get switched to something else, but I experienced every one of the known side effects). I couldn’t even sit up in bed, I had no choice but to stay horizontal or I got too dizzy and nauseous. I stopped taking it after a week but it took about five more days for the side effects to stop. So I was laying in bed constantly for more than a week and a half. IT SUCKED. And it wasn’t just boredom (nor was I sleeping, the pills wouldn’t let me and you can’t take sleep aids on top of those) - I was in pain from laying there. My back hurt CONSTANTLY and there was NO position where I could be comfortable.

It HURTS to stay in bed all the time! Its not just being obese that’s causing these people pain, its laying around all the time, I guarantee it. Our bodies just can’t take it.

I was in a car accident some years ago and they put me on the backboard with the neck collar and the whole bit, and did neck x-rays just as a precaution (I just had whiplash and a seatbelt bruise, which I didn't really feel until the next morning). My back was killing me by the time they cleared my neck just because I couldn't move! As soon as they let me sit up and stretch a little it was so much better.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

DC Gal in VA, you mention James’ eventual burial but I believe it would have to be a cremation. Which, according to some articles on megaobese cremations posted in other threads here, could result in a conflagration. His final house fire. Karma? Hmmm  

I don’t look at the screen during the Doctor Pimple Popper commercials but I hear, “I want to be known as more than just a pimple popper.” “I don’t want to be a hunchback all my life.” My brain processes this into a person with a giant pus-filled abscess on their upper back and shoulders, with Doc PP at the ready with a lancet. 

What you are imagining during the Dr. Pimple Popper commercial is exactly what we are seeing.  Okay, it may actually be a really large cyst, but close enough.  Think of the crossover possibilities with James' laygs and Dr. Pimple Popper.  She could spend the rest of her career trying to fix that mess.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

DC Gal in VA, you mention James’ eventual burial but I believe it would have to be a cremation. Which, according to some articles on megaobese cremations posted in other threads here, could result in a conflagration. His final house fire. Karma? Hmmm  

I don’t look at the screen during the Doctor Pimple Popper commercials but I hear, “I want to be known as more than just a pimple popper.” “I don’t want to be a hunchback all my life.” My brain processes this into a person with a giant pus-filled abscess on their upper back and shoulders, with Doc PP at the ready with a lancet. 

Heh heh Tabbygirl521 definitely a cremation would be way cheaper. Can you imagine the cost of a regular burial for James? First, purchase a baby grand piano crate for his casket or else have a custom made coffin built. Then how exactly would he be transported since a regular hearse probably wouldn't do; perhaps rent a large moving truck? Then the plot. Since he would take up the space of three or four grown men, that would be an additional expense as well. I say Lisa will cash that insurance check ASAP, say "buh bye" Lardo, and leave the unpleasant details to the state even though there has been a great deal of discussion here about how complicated cremating someone his size can be. Of course, to paraphrase an old saying, "reports of his eminent demise have been greatly exaggerated." How that body keeps going is one of the universe's great mysteries.

As for Dr. Pimple Popper, I think I'll pass. Just writing that made me feel all skeevy.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Heh heh Tabbygirl521 definitely a cremation would be way cheaper. Can you imagine the cost of a regular burial for James? First, purchase a baby grand piano crate for his casket or else have a custom made coffin built. Then how exactly would he be transported since a regular hearse probably wouldn't do; perhaps rent a large moving truck? Then the plot. Since he would take up the space of three or four grown men, that would be an additional expense as well. I say Lisa will cash that insurance check ASAP, say "buh bye" Lardo, and leave the unpleasant details to the state even though there has been a great deal of discussion here about how complicated cremating someone his size can be. Of course, to paraphrase an old saying, "reports of his eminent demise have been greatly exaggerated." How that body keeps going is one of the universe's great mysteries.

As for Dr. Pimple Popper, I think I'll pass. Just writing that made me feel all skeevy.

I watched one episode of it. Yuck. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dashing Off said:

You guys remember the tone of voice he used when he demanded her to order him Chinese food.

Lisa offers Now-compliant dinner options to him.

"I don't want that shit...order me some CHA-NEESE."

• Love 8
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I watched one episode of it. Yuck. 

Eeeewwwww, so it's on air already libgirl2? I'm so turned off by the constant commercials I hadn't noticed that the series had already started. Really, a whole tv series on pimple popping? I mean, how many pimples can this woman pop? Don't answer that! I really don't want to know.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Cynthia's segments were good for grabbing something out of the fridge and/or hitting the bathroom.

EXACTLY. James should have been given an entire episode! And next week, some dull guy named Doug gets an entire episode all to himself. The producer who made that call is an IDIOT.

Dr. Now was calling adult services on those two freaks, and we're waiting to see the fallout, but there's noooo time because we have to watch Cynthia rock climb.

Or, hey, how about just a steady five-minute shot of that climbing wall, TLC? That would be almost as fascinating.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Eeeewwwww, so it's on air already libgirl2? I'm so turned off by the constant commercials I hadn't noticed that the series had already started. Really, a whole tv series on pimple popping? I mean, how many pimples can this woman pop? Don't answer that! I really don't want to know.

I just keep wondering if she has to pay royalties to Seinfeld for her nickname. 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

They would probably have to cut him into pieces before cremating him. There have been crematoriums that have caught fire and burned to the ground because they were simply not equipped to handle larger people (400-500 pounds). So, I can't even imagine one trying to accommodate someone of James' size. 

Of course, it think it's illegal for them to cut him into pieces. It's Dismemberment of a Corpse or something like that.

Not sure what they would do for him.

Live James probably can't even go back to Kentucky at this point because he cannot afford ambulance transport. Just the transporting of him is a complicated process.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, JJ1 said:

Is there a James K supersized show scheduled? Can’t find it on my guide anywhere?

Huh, looks like not. It says Lisa's story. I was just assuming when I mentioned it before. Guess I'll have to wait until it's on demand to watch the first half...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Gee, thanks.... 

I wonder too how competent he is. People lost in their addictions aren't the most reliable and in sound mind. I also wonder if some of the organ failure can cause some mental deficiencies. 

Come to think of it, I know a guy who was in liver failure through no fault of his own. He got what his doc called “ammonia brain” and it looked a lot like dementia. Fortunately he was able to receive a new liver. 

• Love 1

Don't see it scheduled for tonight. I DVR all of the shows since I'm out on Wednesdays and the Supersized episodes automatically record, too. There isn't one recording tonight.

So, do you all think the follow up to this episode be shown on Deadly Women?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

What you are imagining during the Dr. Pimple Popper commercial is exactly what we are seeing.  Okay, it may actually be a really large cyst, but close enough.  Think of the crossover possibilities with James' laygs and Dr. Pimple Popper.  She could spend the rest of her career trying to fix that mess.  

No. Nooooooooooooo. Really???? *faints*

• Love 1

I finished watching this episode.  I didn't get angry, although I can certainly understand why so many viewers did.  I mostly just feel sad that James is just doomed.  I don't know if they're lying or deluded, but either way, he's just beyond hope and is not long for this world.

• Love 4

My two experiences of dealing with government agencies were reporting (1) child abuse and (2) someone I thought needed to be in assisted living.  In BOTH cases (which I thought were bad enough to call for help), I was told that the situation had been investigated and the person who checked them out said, "We see a lot worse than this every day."

Especially in a case where the state would have to pick up the tab for caring for the person whose welfare is being reported on.  Pretty sure that would be the case with James.

• Love 6

I just realized that my cable company has the follow-up episodes listed as a separate show ("My 600-lb Life Where Are They Now"). No wonder I didn't see it. Guess I know what I'm watching later... ;)

"I'm a freight train moving down the track."  Track to what, James?

Lisa & James:  two of the most toxic people, imaginable, together.  The medical personnel who have to deal with this sort of shit, have my utmost respect.  I've had some crappy jobs (actually most jobs I had were awful) but nothing compared to what EMT and hospital staff have to live through, if this is any indication.  This pair of grifting liars seem to think nothing of getting something for no effort or work.  As others have pointed out, the sheer amount of resources these wastes-of-skin abused, could have helped the people that would have actually benefited from the help these wasters, wasted.  

I actually fell for Lisa's bullshit on the first episode.  That smirk on her face gave her away, this time.  They're in this sick game together.  

• Love 10
(edited)

Okay, this is terrible, but I'm watching the 'recap' part of the episode and James in the ambulance says "Oh that is so rough" in that accent of his (where "rough" is two syllables) and my first thought was he sounds like Beverly Leslie in Will & Grace and a completely different context.

------

Egg rolls and friiied riiice!

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Singingflutist said:

And the beat goes on.....

I have to wonder if this is all a larger plan by Lisa for lawsuits after James dies against all of the people who "wouldn't help them." As long as she undermines all progress made, James is brought closer to that great buffet in the sky and she is closer to the millions she can get in lawsuits. She definitely strikes me as a sociopath.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

They aren't actually pimples. I watched about 10 minutes of an episode. Mostly I think they are fatty cysts.

• Love 1

1) James and Lisa's episodes will be the worst evidence AGAINST them if they find a sleazebag lawyer who tries to sue Dr. Now for them.

2) James got a trapeze!!!  "Oh he flies through the air with the greatest of ease, this daring young man on his flying trapeze . . . "

• Love 20
9 hours ago, Ray Adverb said:

8 hours ago, Ray Adverb said:

132 pounds would require a calorie deficit of 462,000.  Spread over 31 days, that's 14,900 deficit per day.  On a 1200 calorie a day diet, that would mean his resting metabolism is about 16,000.  Which means that to make a 60 pound gain in one week would require the same daily surplus of 30,000, but on top of a base of 16,000.  So that's 46,000 calories a day. 

It just can't be humanly possible to eat this much.  The meal I listed above is 7,485, and you would need about 6 times that much food every single day

I even went out of my way to find something very high in calories.  Something at your standard fast food burger joint probably has fewer calories.  Take this Burger King meal:

Triple Whopper with Cheese (1230 calories)

King Size french fries (600 calories)

King Size onion rings (550 calories)

King Size chocolate shake (1260 calories)

King Size Coca-cola (390 calories)

This comes out to 4030 calories

I think that if I really put my mind to it and didn't care about my health or stomach aches, I could cram in 15,000 calories in a day.  That's still only a third of the way there.....  These numbers just don't make sense!  This whole thing is driving me crazy on a purely mathematical level.

You're not considering party-size bags of peanut M&Ms or other candies--and I suspect a lot of what Lisa was sneaking into the hospital was candy because it would be easy to hide in her purse and easy to carry away the evidence.  Rice pudding, entire pecan pies, cakes and cookies don't appear on your list.  Plus we know that when these guys go through the drive-through, they don't order one of each item; they buy multiple burgers and fries.

Plus, imagine how huge James's stomach must be.  I believe he could put away 30,000 cal/day.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, JJ1 said:

Is there a James K supersized show scheduled? Can’t find it on my guide anywhere?

It would be great if they did a 2-hour supersized episode devoted entirely to James. 

I'm sure there's lots of unseen footage exploring the psychopathology that is his life.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

It would be great if they did a 2-hour supersized episode devoted entirely to James. 

I'm sure there's lots of unseen footage exploring the psychopathology that is his life.

I agree.  I'm interested in the sort of mother-son dynamic I see hints of.  James is much younger than Lisa--upthread someone said he's 46, and I bet she's pushing 60.  Taking care of him is like caring for a child, poop and all, and allowing herself to be bossed around by him is like spoiling a kid.  He uses child-like techniques to get what he wants.  She refuses to do what the doctor says because as a mom she knows better.  The suggestion of separating him from his "mother" naturally threw the little boy into a temper tantrum!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I have to say that the James-Lisa dynamic adds a whole new dimension to the show that has not been seen before. While it can be entertaining from the outside, the consideration from the inside is horrific!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Singingflutist said:

Gee thanks Singingflutist. ? Just when I had managed to piece together the many fragments of my skull and stuff back in most of my grey matter after last night's episode and Live Chat literally made my brain explode, you give us this! Now I'm all fussed up again!

What the Hell does Lisa mean about not getting enough help and that they're headed back to Kentucky to get help? Does she think that TLC blocked that shit show in her home state so that the good people of Kentucky won't know what a couple of sleazebag, lying grifters are headed their way? What kind of help do you expect to get there? Then she gave that creepy smile as she informed us that they're not the mean people that people say they are. Earth to Lisa, We ALL SAW YOU AND YOUR SHIT BEHAVIOR cussing out Dr. Now like a couple of wild animals!!!

And you're still lying, saying that James didn't gain any weight in Houston like "some" people said! If you mean Dr. Now and his lying scale, just say so.

Loved that James seemed to be waking up from a nap and said that things in Houston were not what he expected, that things actually got worse, and that he was going to try something else. Why, because Dr. Now expected you to comply with his program and not inhale enough food daily to feed several families of four? There is no "something else" you dimwit. Gah!

Brain exploded, again. Now, where did I put that Krazy Glue...............

• Love 18
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

James and Lisa's episodes will be the worst evidence AGAINST them if they find a sleazebag lawyer who tries to sue Dr. Now for them.

Dr. now is a mandatory reporter.  Including that segment where he calls APS was more than likely a calculated move to cover his OWN ass, not because he thought anything would come of it proactively.  Not reporting that situation could result in charges being filed against him should things go even further south after he cut ties with them or be grist for their potentially sleazebag lawyer’s mill should they decide to sue him for malpractice, negligence or whatever.

• Love 18
42 minutes ago, Mothra said:

You're not considering party-size bags of peanut M&Ms or other candies--and I suspect a lot of what Lisa was sneaking into the hospital was candy because it would be easy to hide in her purse and easy to carry away the evidence.  Rice pudding, entire pecan pies, cakes and cookies don't appear on your list.  Plus we know that when these guys go through the drive-through, they don't order one of each item; they buy multiple burgers and fries.

Plus, imagine how huge James's stomach must be.  I believe he could put away 30,000 cal/day.

Plus, that's only one meal.(Three triple whoppers with cheese, 2 king size fries, 2 of the largest size pops, etc).  Add in breakfast ( couple of bacon/egg/cheese biscuits, tater tots, a liter of pop) and supper (20 piece bucket kfc, more fries, more pop) and you're easily ay 30,000. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Susanlynn9 said:

And the beat goes on.....

I have to wonder if this is all a larger plan by Lisa for lawsuits after James dies against all of the people who "wouldn't help them." As long as she undermines all progress made, James is brought closer to that great buffet in the sky and she is closer to the millions she can get in lawsuits. She definitely strikes me as a sociopath.

They file charges against drug dealers when their customers die, Lisa may find herself charged with killing James in the event James passes away while under her care.  I'm sure there is enough footage to demonstrate her willingness to provide him with food even when she knew it was wrong.   

• Love 5
3 hours ago, JJ1 said:

NO! And I am very cheesed about that. Normally I skip the supersized episodes but I was looking forward to this one. Not that I would have minded hate-watching the Lisa episode again, but I was in the mood for the OTHER Lisa. 

2 hours ago, Singingflutist said:

OK. Well, Lisa's wearing (I presume un-ironically) a Planet Fitness t-shirt, her roots are about 6 inches long, and she's still claiming he's lost weight despite my eyes telling me that he is huger than he's ever been. "I wish the truth would have come out," she says. What is "the truth" you speak of here, lady? I wonder what color the skies are in the world where they both live. 

Good luck back in Tennessee (Mississippi? or wherever you're going) to "do things differently," James and Lisa. 

10 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Nope. At the end Dr Now said 60 lbs in one week.  I can’t fathom how it’s possible either but that’s what he said. 

Pretty sure Janine topped that total by a few pounds. 

• Love 2