Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18 James (K) & Cynthia 2018.06.20

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

James yelled at Dr. Now because he wasn't provided with a trapeze so he could pull himself up.  I wonder how much a trapeze costs.  And how much it costs for enough food for someone to gain 60 pounds in one week.  Entitled much, James and Lisa?

And how can she cart that much food in there?  Is she bringing it in a rolling suitcase?

More like a steamer trunk. 

• Love 7

There was a Law & Order episode, or maybe it was Law & Order SVU, where the psychiatrist explained that the couple in question suffered from "Folie a deux".  That came to my mind while watching James & Lisa.  They share a delusion.  I wonder if this could be the case with them"

"French for "madness of two"), or shared psychosis, is a psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief and sometimes hallucinations are transmitted from one individual to another."  and "This syndrome is most commonly diagnosed when the two or more individuals concerned live in proximity and may be socially or physically isolated and have little interaction with other people."

Dr Now can scream and threaten and warn all he wants, but these 2 are profoundly mentally-ill.  I imagine that if not for the benefit of some really crazy TV, he would have kicked these 2 out of the program long ago.

What a horrible waste of resources.  James wants to eat and Lisa wants to feed him.  Our society protects their rights to do so.

• Love 20

Side question - in the live thread, someone asked if Dr Paradise was an "LP" (Little Person, formerly called "dwarf")?  I thought the same thing when he walked in.  Very short and odd posture and gait.  Is he?  

I'd have loved to have seen more of that therapy session.  He sure nailed James' mommy issue!  Mom was absent, Lisa takes her place?  

I'd like to see a Lisa therapy session with him.  Who messed her up so hideously that she devotes her life to shoveling food into one hole and poop out of the other all day every day?

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Trees said:

"French for "madness of two"), or shared psychosis, is a psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief and sometimes hallucinations are transmitted from one individual to another."  and "This syndrome is most commonly diagnosed when the two or more individuals concerned live in proximity and may be socially or physically isolated and have little interaction with other people."

That ^^^^ makes total sense. What in the heck was that hissy fit James had because Dr. Now wanted to ban Lisa for 5 days. 5 days!!! James and Lisa are such liars.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Trees said:

Side question - in the live thread, someone asked if Dr Paradise was an "LP" (Little Person, formerly called "dwarf")?

I think technically you have to be under 4'10" to be considered an LP. I don't think he's that short. (But I could be wrong.)

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, AntAnn said:

That ^^^^ makes total sense. What in the heck was that hissy fit James had because Dr. Now wanted to ban Lisa for 5 days. 5 days!!! James and Lisa are such liars.

Even if there hadn't been a million signs before that they had an unhealthy relationship, this was a screaming red flag. Even the most loving and devoted caregiver could use a few days break when caring for someone 24x7.  James should have jumped at the chance to give her a break and Lisa should have jumped at the chance to have some time off while he still got extremely competent care.  

• Love 22
37 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I think your calculations are assuming that there's only fat involved, but at the start of a diet, the body dumps a lot of water as it burns through its glycogen stores.  The reverse may be true when the diet is broken, depending on the type of food and how much salt content there is.

Which means, there's a grain of truth in all these claims the contestants make about gaining water weight.  I really wish he'd do something like a DEXA scan on them each time they come in to show them exactly how much fat they're gaining/losing.

Once I "broke" a very low carb diet (because I had gotten a stomach bug and just -couldn't- with the low carb food that week). I ate carbs, but I wasn't bingeing.  I was being bad, but not that bad. And I gained 12 pounds in one week, which shouldn't even be possible. And since I was in the 200's and James was in the 700's, I have no problem believing he could go off the hospital diet and gain 60 lbs in one week. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I watched the James K. episode the other day. I remain confounded by this guy.

He says it's his biggest dream in life to get up and walk around again, but you need your actions to back up your wishes. 

James does not seem to associate the amount he's eating with his situation. He's obviously eating a lot of calories per day to maintain 600+ pounds.

Does he think weight loss happens by magic? Surgery isn't going to solve his problems (not permanently). He needs to start practicing self control and stop over-eating due to boredom or depression or whatever is driving him. 

First time I saw James and his GF (Lisa?) on this show in their first episode, I though the GF was codependent. After this follow up episode, though, I now have doubts.

Either she began as a codependent, and she flipped along the way, or she always had a negative ulterior motive (sociopath perhaps?) but hid it well the first show?. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but my impression, based on her actions, facial expressions, etc, suggests that she knows darn well that she is killing James with the food but does not care. It's almost as if she's intentionally bringing him too much food, knowing what will happen if she keeps doing so. Very creepy. 

Did Dr. Now find physical evidence of Lisa sneaking in the food (during the part of the show where he says James gained 60 pounds in a week - or month?), and accused her of sneaking in food? I think she admitted it at that point, but later in the same show she said, "I never brought him food into the hospital."

Anyway. Obviously something was going on if he gained 60+ lbs in a short time, but I would've liked to have seen burger wrappers in his hospital room trash can or whatever to confirm it.

Not that I'm perfect - I've made mistakes in life - but man oh man, James and Lisa are train wrecky train wrecks to an extreme degree.

By the way the entire episode should've been devoted to James K. I didn't want to cut back and forth between him and that lady, no offense to that lady - wish her well - but I was more intrigued by James' story.

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale
  • Love 8

One thing I learned the hard way  dealing with my brother is you can't reason with a schizophrenic who is off his meds and on meth. And these two - James and Lisa - come very close to his level of delusion, denial and perceived victim hood.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Lisa is done with James,she is losing weight and dying her hair to snag a new man. She is just waiting for James to die.

That theory has some validity to it. I kind of got the same vibe from her. She was grinning at one point, when Dr Now was saying how she was causing James to die.

The look on James' face after Dr Now said that and walked off, it looked as though he was just for the first time seriously considering, "Hey, maybe my GF is trying to kill me and doesn't really care about me."

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Dr. Now probably had alerted the hospital staff that she was not allowed to bring any food (or purses that could contain food) into his room. When he told the staff to let her bring in whatever she wanted, we all saw what happened.

Ah, okay, is that what happened? I watched the episode twice, back to back, but I wasn't for sure what Dr Now was saying. So, Dr Now at one stage told the staff to let Lisa the GF bring in whatever she wanted to James' room, and once he did that, the staff began seeing her bring in pizzas, burgers, etc? 

32 minutes ago, dahling said:

Once I "broke" a very low carb diet (because I had gotten a stomach bug and just -couldn't- with the low carb food that week). I ate carbs, but I wasn't bingeing.  I was being bad, but not that bad. And I gained 12 pounds in one week, which shouldn't even be possible. And since I was in the 200's and James was in the 700's, I have no problem believing he could go off the hospital diet and gain 60 lbs in one week. 

I've had similar experiences on low carb diets.  That actually makes a lot of sense so it should've occurred to me sooner.  I'd be at something like 270, go on a food bender, then be 276 a few days later, but then be down to 271 or 272 a day or two after I ended the bender.  These seemed to be wild fluctuations on a smaller scale than James, but it makes more sense on that context.  I also think that Dr. Now's pre surgery diet plan is strict no-carbs.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

That's a great breakdown of what their daily dismal lives must entail, save one: The beyond epic bowel movements this giant turd must dump after eating all that food and the hours and hours it must take to clean him up. How the Hell does she do that by herself anyway? No matter, I truly don't give a shit about her since tonight she revealed that she's just as much a creep as James is.

Thank goodness Bailey bailed.

I'm not even sure they're (Lisa the GF and other family) doing a great job at keeping James K clean.

Because I think, (unless I heard wrong) one reason James K was taken back to the hospital on one occasion in the show is that Lisa told Dr. Now that James' legs were painful, and Dr Now said that's because they were rotting, they needed better hygiene.

I think Dr Now was hinting that Lisa was not cleaning James well enough, that was one factor contributing to his sore and grody legs.

• Love 6

I agree that there's something sinister about Lisa. I was thinking back to James' original episode when Lisa had her mini breakdown and talked about how hard it was to take care of him and how tired she was. I think at one point she did want to help, but she's not strong enough/too screwed up to really stand up to him and James is just a lazy piece of shit who doesn't want to do any of the work involved in losing weight, so at some point she just said fuck it, it's easier to kill him.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Lisa is done with James,she is losing weight and dying her hair to snag a new man. She is just waiting for James to die.

It's not an outlandish hypothesis, but if this is the case, why is she going through the facade of participation in Dr. Now's program or this show?

• Love 3
14 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Honestly,  Lisa's and James's combined IQ's were probably about 130. She looked so evil when Dr. Now confronted her. Pretty early on in the episode when they were taking James out of the house for the first time, they showed a sheet with the decent amount of blood on it. Was that from his legs?

Yeah, neither one is terribly bright.

Dr Now was trying to explain to James and Lisa that the sores and swelling in/on James' legs are due to obesity - he was saying that once you put on that much weight, it curtails circulation, which makes anti-biotics useless or ineffective.

And James sat there and was screaming at Dr Now, "You're telling me eating chicken and salads can cause swelling??!," -as though Dr Now was lying.

Something else that kills me.

Dr. Now can be quite stern, but the guy is on James' side - he doesn't want to see James kill himself, but James acts as though Dr Now is his enemy and is "out to get him."

All those suggestions by Dr Now that got James so upset - like, let's separate you from your wife for five days, - etc - was seen as James as an attack. He failed to understand Dr Now was doing that out of concern and for James' best interest!

7 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I agree that there's something sinister about Lisa. I was thinking back to James' original episode when Lisa had her mini breakdown and talked about how hard it was to take care of him and how tired she was. I think at one point she did want to help, but she's not strong enough/too screwed up to really stand up to him and James is just a lazy piece of shit who doesn't want to do any of the work involved in losing weight, so at some point she just said fuck it, it's easier to kill him.

Yes. That's exactly what I was thinking when I was watching the show last night. I think initially she may have cared, but she's now tired, feels trapped, wants out, and so she checked out on the relationship, and may even be trying to passively kill James by bringing him pizza all the time.

• Love 11
(edited)
14 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Speaking of fattening people up, here's a thought that might explain Lisa's behavior...

What if she's a witch, like in Hansel and Gretel, and she's fattening James up to eat him?

Or, what if she's like the aliens in V - The Visitors, and she's fattening James up to eat him?

I have like ten more of these, but they all end with James getting eaten.

She would have to cut the crusty canckles, barnacles, pustles (either angry red looking ones, or the ones covered in green or yellow crust) off his legs to do that. He has long yellow toe nails. She'd have to cut those off first.

• Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, kicotan said:

He’s bedridden.  She walks in and out of the door at will. It is an unequal partnership, she knows it and is exploiting it to her advantage, whatever that particular advantage might be.

I do see what you're saying, and I suppose the Food Addict angle can be brought up, but just because Lisa brings him ten hamburgers at one time doesn't mean he has to eat all ten. If the guy would get out of denial and practice self-discipline, he could shove aside any additional burgers she brings him. But there again, I know he likely has food addiction issues....

12 hours ago, Ray Adverb said:

Ick.  So it was James K after all?  I watched about a minute and I was like "PASS".  I don't watch this show for the purpose of laughing at people so I'm not down with this exploitative nonsense.

Did James make any progress at all?

At the end of the day, no, I don't think he did. Initially, he lost 18 pounds on his own, but later in the show, he gained 60 pounds in a short amount of time. 

• Love 5

I am just watching this now, as I enjoy a big plate of blueberry pancakes. (Closing my eyes whe The Laigs threaten to appear.)

It is my cross to bear that I live on the West Coast and cannot watch along with the Live Chat. But I read every word. Hilarious stuff!

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

rotting

My God.

These two dumbass hillbillies, yelling at Dr. Now!!  He's a learned man of science, but by gum, they know BETTER about what's going on with wrong with James!  He didn't get a nutritionist the first time around, remember?  Now it was the lack of a trapeze and mysterious wellsprings of water weight.  Oh, and his absolutely revolting infected legs.  Can you imagine the stink coming from those?

Ingrates.  Both of them.  Lisa is sinister.  Dr. Now is right to cut them both loose.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I am just watching this now, as I enjoy a big plate of blueberry pancakes. (Closing my eyes whe The Laigs threaten to appear.)

It is my cross to bear that I live on the West Coast and cannot watch along with the Live Chat. But I read every word. Hilarious stuff!

I think I'm gonna have to read the first part of the live chat while I watch the first half of the supersize show tonight, because I didn't get home until 9:00 last night (why does buying a car take so freakin' long?) I didn't come in until page 9 and it was going so fast I couldn't barely keep up, let alone go back and read from the beginning! (I did check on demand earlier but it's not up that quick.)

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

The Laigs

Oh my God.  LOL.  Listening to him cry and carry on, the evil part of me wants the paramedics to drop him on the ground and let him wallow in his own fat and shame.  Let him stay there and let Lisa deliver KFC and CHA-NEESE to him out on a public street.  Let him serve as a venue for Lost Dog and Guitar Lessons signs.

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, AntAnn said:

I was kind of surprised that Lisa did not jump at the chance to take a five day vacation from caring for James. She had a bit of a breakdown last episode she was in, saying how she's so tired of caring for him. Well, Dr Now was giving her a chance to take a five day break from the guy, but she didn't seem eager to take it.

James was furious that Dr Now was even suggesting a brief separation.

• Love 4

Gosh, I don’t think Cynthia’s giant granny-square skirt is too flattering. 

I hate seeing her lie to herself more and more. Why not make healthy eating a family activity? The kids can help with planning and shopping and even preparing foods. The more kids participate, the more invested they will be. I get that she’s busy but she doesn’t need to actually cook all the time. You can assemble healthy stuff like lettuce wraps pretty quickly. Just plan for it. I know everyone will have to get used to new food but tough sh*t. Do it anyway. Get and keep those kids healthy, Cynthia!!

Nearly all the poundticipants have extremely low tolerance for discomfort and challenge. 

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, dahling said:

I tried a no-carb or low carb diet for a week or two over a year ago, but I could not stick to it.

I'm not an obese person, but I'm middle aged, and the older I get, it gets easier to gain weight, so I jog regularly, try to keep calories around the 1200 a day mark, etc., to stay trim. 

So I thought I'd try a no or low carb diet a for awhile. I was hungry the entire time!

I was filling up on protein and vegetables, but I felt hungry all the time. I had to quit that and go back to a more balanced diet of carbs with proteins / veggies.

After I eat some carbs (even so much as a single dinner roll on the side with a meal), I feel fuller much, much longer afterwards.

I don't know how other people manage to stick to the no- or low- carb diets, unless they don't experience what I do with that sort of thing (constant hunger)

• Love 3

Low-carb diets work well for some people, and then there are people who do this:

1.  I'm eating low-carb!  That means I can eat as much bacon as I want!  And non-lean burger meat!  And chicken with the skin!

2.  Oh, its' the weekend.  I'll just have a few drinks.  And this slice of cake can't hurt.   I should reward myself after all, for sticking to my low carb diet for 4 whole days.

3.  Repeat every week.

Thus, converting a low-carb diet to a high-fat, high-sugar diet, which is about the worst diet you can be on. 

As for Dr. Now's diet, I've seen it online somewhere once, and it's very similar to the first phase of the South Beach Diet, but with calorie restriction.  That means, lean protein, low fat and very low glycemic vegetables (such as broccoli, cauliflower, etc.).

• Love 7

I found it funny that James was trying to hide his face when the paramedics took him out of his apartment.  The first time he put on a hat; the second time he held his hand in front of his face.  Okay, so first, he's on TV.  I think people will know which 800 pound man was hauled out of the apartment.  Second, he's 800 pounds.  Does he think people are going to confuse him with the other bed bound, "Ow, mah laygs" screaming 800 pound man in their apartment complex?  One flash of a "layg" and you know he's one of a kind.  We see you James.  You are not Clark Kent with the glasses that make him unrecognizable.  We all know it's you. 

• Love 20
51 minutes ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

I think initially she may have cared, but she's now tired, feels trapped, wants out, and so she checked out on the relationship, and may even be trying to passively kill James by bringing him pizza all the time.

I wonder if the breaking point didn't come in the first episode right after they'd moved to Houston. After tucking James in for the night, Lisa was going to go to sleep in the bedroom only for James to instead demand that she sleep on the floor next to his bed because "What if something happens during the NAAAIIIIIIGHT???"

If you're a weak-willed enabler/grifter like Lisa who doesn't have the inner strength and/or personal integrity to just leave the situation, assisted food suicide/borderline manslaughter will eventually start to look appealing.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

Well, Dr Now was giving her a chance to take a five day break from the guy, but she didn't seem eager to take it.

Hmmm, her reluctance makes sense with our earlier discussions. She wants him to die so she can move on to her next victim. According to James, she lost 80 lbs and he gained weight. She’s coloring and somewhat styling her hair. She’s sneaking food into the hospital for him. She’s slowly killing him and hastening his demise and early death by over feeding him. IMO, she a calculating witch and knows exactly what she’s doing to him. James is delusional, but she is pure evil.

• Love 11
(edited)
13 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Low-carb diets work well for some people, and then there are people who do this:

1.  I'm eating low-carb!  That means I can eat as much bacon as I want!  And non-lean burger meat!  And chicken with the skin!

Right? Hell, you can eat vegan and still eat nothing but junk. French fries and Oreos are vegan, after all. (I have a vegan friend who mostly eats healthy but would occasionally get french fries from the cafeteria when we worked together. And there are regularly Oreos at game night at his house, which he doesn't provide, but I think some of his friends bring because they know he can eat them.) You can sabotage just about any diet plan with stuff that's technically compliant.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 11
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Azubah said:

You know what just occurred to me? James says Lisa can't ever leave the house because there might be a fire. DUDE. If there's a fire, you're going to die. It's not like Lisa could drag you out of the house. The most she could do is call the fire department, and you could do that your own damn self. 

I hadn't thought about it but you're right. Every time they move James, it's a 10-minute or more ordeal involving half a dozen people jockeying him, his bed and his LAAAAIIIIIGGGGG out the door. Odds of doing this in an actual fire before he becomes the world's fattiest piece of charcoal: 0%.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 19

DC Gal in VA, you mention James’ eventual burial but I believe it would have to be a cremation. Which, according to some articles on megaobese cremations posted in other threads here, could result in a conflagration. His final house fire. Karma? Hmmm  

I don’t look at the screen during the Doctor Pimple Popper commercials but I hear, “I want to be known as more than just a pimple popper.” “I don’t want to be a hunchback all my life.” My brain processes this into a person with a giant pus-filled abscess on their upper back and shoulders, with Doc PP at the ready with a lancet. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

This is like a bad Lifetime movie where you think the woman is meek and then she turns out to be evil. I wonder why Lisa is like that. People in chat  suggested she was  killing him for life insurance or Munchausen's by proxy. She gets some psychological kick out of waiting on him and sabotaging him? I guess APS couldn't do anything because he wasn't being force fed, but like Dr. Now said, food addiction isn't fully understood. 

She's "shepping naches" --- deriving joy from the attention of others, who tell her what a saint she is for taking care of him.  

And I'm not sure APS could do anything even if it was, say, alcohol she was providing for an alcohol addict. As long as the person is competent, and the substance isn't being forced on them, APS's metaphorical hands are tied.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Ray Adverb said:

His base metabolic rate has got to be close to 5100 calories a day.  Maybe a LITTLE lower.  I am assuming he weighs 700 pounds.  I can't remember what his actual weight was.  That's just what it takes to keep him alive.  On a 1200 calorie a day diet you would run at a deficit of 3900 calories a day which is 1.1 pounds per day.  Anyone remember what his monthly weight loss was in that one time he was successful? 

But to gain 60 pounds in a single week, he'd have to run a calorie surplus of 210,000 calories in that week (3500 * 60).  Which is 30,000 calories a day surplus, or about 35,000 total.  That's incomprehensible.  I think in a really heavy binge day I could get in 12,000 to 15,000.  Your standard gut busting fast food meal is only around 2,000 to 2,500.

My favorite food is pizza, and I like Papa Johns.  I just went over to their site's nutritional calculator and put together my "gutbuster meal" which is amazingly unhealthful but is conceivably something a fatso like me would eat (I am a man and weigh about 275).  Meal includes:

16 inch pizza (extra large) with bacon, beef, 3 cheese blend, cheddar, and parmaesan romano (3160 calories)

10 piece chicken poppers (530 calories)

Chocolate chip cookie (1600 calories)

10 inch cheese sticks (1350 calories)

2 liter Pepsi (I haven't drunk regular soda in 22 years but I added this in anyway) (845 calories)

That feast comes in at 7,485 calories.  You're still only about one fifth of the way towards the required daily surplus.

Also.... now that I actually ran those numbers, it's no wonder I'm so fat......  I can't believe I ate like that.

I seriously cannot wrap my head around those quantities, and I LOVE to eat. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

DC Gal in VA, you mention James’ eventual burial but I believe it would have to be a cremation. Which, according to some articles on megaobese cremations posted in other threads here, could result in a conflagration. His final house fire. Karma? Hmmm

The sequel to What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Right? Hell, you can eat vegan and still eat nothing but junk. French fries and Oreos are vegan, after all. (I have a vegan friend who mostly eats healthy but would occasionally get french fries from the cafeteria when we worked together. And there are regularly Oreos at game night at his house, which he doesn't provide, but I think some of his friends bring because they know he can eat them.) You can sabotage just about any diet plan with stuff that's technically compliant.

Yeah, my bad joke is that I'm a carbotarian. And effing cheese. Cheese is my addiction.

• Love 4

I think Lisa hates men passionately and is thoroughly enjoying killing James and the humiliation that comes with the course of his chosen suicide method.  I disagree completely that James is a helpless victim.  He's not unaware that she has absolutely nothing but the worst in mind for him and lies just as readily as she does.  He likes his enabler and his enabler likes him.  If I were Dr. Now, I would never ever ever speak to these two people again, ever.  Assign him to a different doctor, but wash your hands (PLEASE WASH YOU HANDS, MAH LAYGS, PLEASE) of these people forever.  He's done his due diligence as a doctor and a human being, DCF proved to be useless, bye, gone.  He's going to stroke out talking to these two assholes.  When he was having that yelling match with James, Lisa looked like she was looking around for something to hit him over the head with.  She's a danger and I'd stay far far away.

• Love 18

If James's kidney and liver are really failing, and we have no reason to doubt that, then he would in fact swell up with fluid. Both those organs are necessary to processing fluid. I'm willing to believe he wasn't eating thirteen million calories a day; some of that IS fluid retention.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

She's "shepping naches" --- deriving joy from the attention of others, who tell her what a saint she is for taking care of him.  

And I'm not sure APS could do anything even if it was, say, alcohol she was providing for an alcohol addict. As long as the person is competent, and the substance isn't being forced on them, APS's metaphorical hands are tied.

Yes. That's right. She's not forcing food on him, and he's a legally competent adult. APS can't intervene and save people from themselves. If there's no coercion, no illegal substances involved, and the adult is legally competent, APS really doesn't have any basis for intervention. And, what could they do anyway? Lock Lisa up? Lock James up? Get a court order that would require the cops to enforce (because we all know how well a lot of restraining orders work - or don't)? Nope.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Azubah said:

If James's kidney and liver are really failing, and we have no reason to doubt that, then he would in fact swell up with fluid. Both those organs are necessary to processing fluid. I'm willing to believe he wasn't eating thirteen million calories a day; some of that IS fluid retention.

He's probably eating a lot of processed foods, and things like french fries and potato chips, which contain an assload of salt, which would also contribute to fluid retention.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Yes. That's right. She's not forcing food on him, and he's a legally competent adult. APS can't intervene and save people from themselves. If there's no coercion, no illegal substances involved, and the adult is legally competent, APS really doesn't have any basis for intervention. And, what could they do anyway? Lock Lisa up? Lock James up? Get a court order that would require the cops to enforce (because we all know how well a lot of restraining orders work - or don't)? Nope.

I agree, but I could understand Dr. Now's frustration. He knows Lisa is killing James, he saw her smirking and believes it is intentional. He was only hoping he could save James but won't happen. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bethster2000 said:

Oh my God.  LOL.  Listening to him cry and carry on, the evil part of me wants the paramedics to drop him on the ground and let him wallow in his own fat and shame.  Let him stay there and let Lisa deliver KFC and CHA-NEESE to him out on a public street.  Let him serve as a venue for Lost Dog and Guitar Lessons signs.

I was thinking just a little bit ago that he could get a job at a play park. Last fall we took my grandkids to a pumpkin patch that had a giant inflatable pillow that allowed for around thirty kids to jump on it. 

• Love 3