Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18 James (K) & Cynthia 2018.06.20

• Start Topic

Back on Dr. Nowzardan's program, James is suspected of cheating as he continues to gain weight and suffers a series of life-threatening illnesses; Cynthia continues to lode weight but seems satisfied to do so at her own pace. 

This is the regular episode thread.  It will be open after the US East Coast showing.  

• Love 1

That was impressive. I don't think I've ever seen anyone hell bent on dying the way James was. He's back to 800 lbs, and won't even go 5 days without Lisa because she's sneaking him food. I'd say it was tragic, but the world will be better off without him. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, AVM said:

I DVR'd it ,did James K father get mentioned? ,he had a stroke in the earlier James K story ?

No. And neither did James daughter. Hopefully she's gone for good and is living a happy life. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

No. And neither did James daughter. Hopefully she's gone for good and is living a happy life. 

James's daughter was shown in the episode, briefly.  

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Thanks.. still watching ...I read on the live chat James's daughter has a Go Fund Me page  entitled "Help James Walk Again " so she must be still in the picture ?

Edited by AVM
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Lisa is done with James,she is losing weight and dying her hair to snag a new man. She is just waiting for James to die.

I was just coming here to say that. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, AVM said:

Thanks.. still watching ...I read on the live chat Jame's daughter has a Go Fund Me page  entitled "Help James Walk Again " so she must be still in the picture ?

If it's the link posted earlier, that campaign is almost three years old.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, AVM said:

Thanks.. still watching ...I read on the live chat James's daughter has a Go Fund Me page  entitled "Help James Walk Again " so she must be still in the picture ?

Well, that was actually Lisa's daughter, and the Gofundme was made in 2015.  I thought they had had more than one Gofundme but I'm not sure where the others are.

If it makes you feel better, they only raised like $500.  

1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

And I never did get something to eat...guess I should do that before I go to bed...

I didn't get any knitting done!  Couldn't tear myself away.

• Love 6

What do James and Lisa do all day (besides eat?). Internet, tv, naps? I'm totally serious. How does one spend 24 hours a day for YEARS in a bed? Wish the show addressed this. James has pretty blue eyes (hides in shame,  don't judge).

• Love 16
19 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Nope. One of the articles I read said Lisa got his daughter to take him food. And now, we know how Lisa could boldly say "I have not gave him no food!"  No, you used his daughter for that dirty deed. 

• Love 11

I noticed  James doesn't even pretend to exercise like other bed ridden patients have in the past...lifting the fork seem to be his only form of exercise ?

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, AVM said:

James (K) & Cynthia both were a waste of Dr Now's time ,the man is a living saint to put up with the crap they throw at him...

They are terrible, that's true... but unfortunately, ask any healthcare professional out there - they will all tell you that while patients like them are far from being majority, they are far from being unusual either.  In some ways, even the most grotesque reality TV is just a slice of the world out there.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

What do James and Lisa do all day (besides eat?). Internet, tv, naps? I'm totally serious. How does one spend 24 hours a day for YEARS in a bed? Wish the show addressed this. James has pretty blue eyes (hides in shame,  don't judge).

Don't feel bad.  I was actually thinking that, a few years and 600 pounds ago, James could have been a decent-looking guy.  

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

That was impressive. I don't think I've ever seen anyone hell bent on dying the way James was. He's back to 800 lbs, and won't even go 5 days without Lisa because she's sneaking him food. I'd say it was tragic, but the world will be better off without him. 

Anyone wants to make a bet what weight he will reach before his body finally gives out?  I will say 1150...  he is in bad shape already and can't last too long, but if he is gaining 50+ lb per week, he should eat his way up there faster than his kidneys shut down. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

They are terrible, that's true... but unfortunately, ask any healthcare professional out there - they will all tell you that while patients like them are far from being majority, they are far from being unusual either.  In some ways, even the most grotesque reality TV is just a slice of the world out there.

Yup. My mother's been bedridden for the last 2 1/2 years because she believes her hips, legs, knees and ankles are all broken, and will get violently angry with anyone who tries disputing her.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

No shame. I was thinking that his face looked a whole lot better, even if his weight was up and down, than he did in the other show.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, AVM said:

I noticed  James doesn't even pretend to exercise like other bed ridden patients have in the past...lifting the fork seem to be his only form of exercise ?

He lifted weights! And moved his foot! 

• Love 8
Just now, Hellga said:

Anyone wants to make a bet what weight he will reach before his body finally gives out?  I will say 1150...  he is in bad shape already and can't last too long, but if he is gaining 50+ lb per week, he should eat his way up there faster than his kidneys shut down. 

I could see him literally breaking the Guinness World Record. As long as he's conscious enough to eat and his body can convert eaten food to fat, he can keep gaining. After his kidneys fail, they can put him on dialysis.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

He is certainly not into intellectual or creative pursuits.  Wonder if he has ever read a book that wasn't forced on him as a young child... Probably just watching TV and staring into space and eating and feeling sorry for himself and sleeping. 

7 minutes ago, AVM said:

He did try in the beginning of the episode... until he decided to give up the pretense completely, I think he did a little.  Not enough to offset what he was eating, of course, but at least something. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Yup. My mother's been bedridden for the last 2 1/2 years because she believes her hips, legs, knees and ankles are all broken, and will get violently angry with anyone who tries disputing her.

So sorry to hear that.  At least, I always knew that in at most an hour I can be rid of them and forget they exist... when it's your parent or child, you can't get away from them...

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 8

It's interesting that Lisa didn't try to sneak him food when he was being watched.  That says to me that she has control over her actions and that she knows full well that her actions are considered wrong by everyone else.  

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Sorry to hear,does your mother see a doctor ? or is she in a home ?

11 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

I could see him literally breaking the Guinness World Record. As long as he's conscious enough to eat and his body can convert eaten food to fat, he can keep gaining. After his kidneys fail, they can put him on dialysis.

James will die of a infection before he breaks any records.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

It's interesting that Lisa didn't try to sneak him food when he was being watched.  That says to me that she has control over her actions and that she knows full well that her actions are considered wrong by everyone else.  

Dr. Now probably had alerted the hospital staff that she was not allowed to bring any food (or purses that could contain food) into his room. When he told the staff to let her bring in whatever she wanted, we all saw what happened.

2 minutes ago, AVM said:

Sorry to hear,does your mother see a doctor ? or is she in a home ?

Thank you. She's in a nursing home/rehab center. The point where the staff gave up hope and went to strictly palliative care was when, in a last-ditch attempt to convince her she could actually walk, they x-rayed everything from her hips down to her feet and had an orthopedist go over all the x-rays with her, concluding there was no medical reason she couldn't try to stand up and walk. She was very agreeable and understanding to his face, but as soon as he left the room, she told the staff "Oh, he doesn't know what he's talking about!" and still refused to get up. She instead chooses to believe that everything is broken, that TV's Dr. Oz is her doctor, that the President of the United States is personally overseeing her case, that the US Army has soldiers stationed in her house, taking care of it for when she gets home, etc. She also periodically believes I was electrocuted to death years ago by the CIA.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Christi said:

Errrmmm...1 double cheeseburger and fries is 30,000 calories????

Well, if you're eating the entire restaurant-size fryer's worth of fries...maybe..

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Christi said:

Errrmmm...1 double cheeseburger and fries is 30,000 calories????

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Lisa had to be bringing in huge bags of food multiple times a day to hit that 30,000 calories. We're talking something like a Big Mac with two large fries, a large sugared soda and milkshake and pie for dessert every few hours.

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Well, first it takes time to decide what to eat.  Pizza, Chinese, Burgers, etc.   Then, after you've decided "why not do all of them," you have to decide where to get the food from.  Dominos, Pizza Hut, etc.  Then, after you've decided to just order from all of them, you have to wait for the food.  Then after the food arrives, you have to eat the food.  And there's decision making there too -- do you eat the pizza first or the burgers or just eat them all at the same time (the answer is:  the same time).  Then, you gotta do the whole thing all over again.  It's just a never ending cycle of work, work, work.

That's a great breakdown of what their daily dismal lives must entail, save one: The beyond epic bowel movements this giant turd must dump after eating all that food and the hours and hours it must take to clean him up. How the Hell does she do that by herself anyway? No matter, I truly don't give a shit about her since tonight she revealed that she's just as much a creep as James is.

Thank goodness Bailey bailed.

• Love 14
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Christi said:

just dont get a double cheeseburger and fries!! Omg!?

I would never even eat a double cheeseburger. I will occasionally eat a single cheeseburger (and not the fast-food kind), but that's pretty rare. Last time I had one was a little over a month ago at TGI Friday's in Penn Station while I was stuck waiting for my two-hours-delayed train home (and I had a painful blister on my foot so I wasn't up for walking around the area to find something better; I just wanted to sit down). It had lettuce and onion and came with fries and it was quite tasty.

I had a bowl of Cheerios and some jumbo blueberries, which are a thing I just discovered existed the other day. Might make some chocolate milk.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 3
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Dr. Now probably had alerted the hospital staff that she was not allowed to bring any food (or purses that could contain food) into his room. When he told the staff to let her bring in whatever she wanted, we all saw what happened.

Thank you. She's in a nursing home/rehab center. The point where the staff gave up hope and went to strictly palliative care was when, in a last-ditch attempt to convince her she could actually walk, they x-rayed everything from her hips down to her feet and had an orthopedist go over all the x-rays with her, concluding there was no medical reason she couldn't try to stand up and walk. She was very agreeable and understanding to his face, but as soon as he left the room, she told the staff "Oh, he doesn't know what he's talking about!" and still refused to get up. She instead chooses to believe that everything is broken, that TV's Dr. Oz is her doctor, that the President of the United States is personally overseeing her case, that the US Army has soldiers stationed in her house, taking care of it for when she gets home, etc. She also periodically believes I was electrocuted to death years ago by the CIA.

Once again ,so sorry ,May God give you strength to endure.

Edited by AVM
  • Love 14

sooo...wonder if he is still alive?

He can be an awesome internet sensation..

hey...our beloved Steven Assanti even roped in a sweetheart?

5 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I would never even eat a double cheeseburger. I will occasionally eat a single cheeseburger (and not the fast-food kind), but that's pretty rare. Last time I had one was a little over a month ago at TGI Friday's in Penn Station while I was stuck waiting for my two-hours-delayed train home (and I had a painful blister on my foot so I wasn't up for walking around the area to find something better; I just wanted to sit down). It had lettuce and onion and came with fries and it was quite tasty.

I had a bowl of Cheerios and some jumbo blueberries, which are a thing I just discovered existed the other day. Might make some chocolate milk.

it was a joke

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Christi said:

just dont get a double cheeseburger and fries!! Omg!?

Is bacon cheeseburger OK?  I have maybe 10 burgers per year - but if I am eating a burger, it better have cheese AND bacon on it!

Though "burger" can have any number of calories...  I still remember the first time I ever went to Red Robin (I think I went there three times in my whole life) and I was brought a burger as tall as my head!

• Love 2
(edited)

Honestly,  Lisa's and James's combined IQ's were probably about 130. She looked so evil when Dr. Now confronted her. Pretty early on in the episode when they were taking James out of the house for the first time, they showed a sheet with the decent amount of blood on it. Was that from his legs?

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 8

She wanted to be the World's Fattest Mom, Donna Simpson, ate 30,000-Calorie Christmas Feast ,the 30,000 calorie mega-meal that took more than two hours to eat. A New Jersey woman who hopes to become the fattest woman in the world got 30,000 calories closer to her 1,000lb goal with a festive feast that could have fed dozens The single mother-of-two tucked into two 25lb turkeys, two maple-glazed hams, 15lbs of potatoes (10lbs roast, 5lbs mashed), five loaves of bread, five pounds of herb stuffing, four pints of gravy, four pints of cranberry dressing and an astonishing 20lbs of vegetables.After polishing off her enormous main course, she still had room for dessert and ate a 'salad' made of marshmallow, cream cheese, whipped cream and cookies... Lisa must have brought in shopping bags full of food for James to gain 60 lbs in a week...

• Love 7