Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Every Mayflower Has Its Thorn

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

<popping the popcorn and pulling up a chair>

12 hours ago, AnnA said:

Waiting for the fireworks to begin?     LOL

ETA:   I have to get up early tomorrow so I might miss the show.  

12 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Why are we popping tonight? Isn’t  the show airing tomorrow night?

12 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I was going to say the same thing.  Lol.  Are we missing something?  And, what fireworks?  Something new going on? There’s always fireworks.  Over our heads.

yup.   not new.

the counteracting implosions set off anytime Beth receives a compliment.

@SuprSuprElevated@AnnA?  morning.  ya'll ain't shit by the way.

1547893_original.gif

lol_vladimir_putin.gif

• Love 6
On 6/25/2018 at 6:39 AM, applecrisp said:

I binge watched this show on Hulu. Went down the rabbit hole. I really grew to dislike Sonja. Like others have said she can be funny, but overall she is a big sham. She is the one that treats the help--sometimes unpaid-badly. She stirs the pot and then acts all innocent.

From her debut she has talked about her luxury lifestyle and she is a full on braggart. Just hard to be around.  Where are all her friends??  With Ramona you see her friends year after year. The same women who come to her b-day parties. She is shady.

How about that episode where she has Cindy over and chastises her for interacting (dancing) with her staff and then talks to her about the "pecking order?" 

I loathed Cindy but that "pecking order" speech always gives me a massive case of s****** eye rolling.

I love Hulu just so I can relive my love/hate relationships with these women (clearly I have no life outside of work these days).

Now it's countdown time to tonight's episode...

• Love 10
On 6/25/2018 at 10:14 AM, AnnA said:

The whole bruhaha over Page Six makes me laugh.   I'm sure I would care if I was mentioned on Page Six but knowing what I do, I'd try to not take it seriously.    As a native New Yorker I have to say that the NY Post has the reputation of being a tabloid rag.   It's different than the National Enquirer only because it's a daily paper and not sold at the checkout counter in the supermarket so you can't peek at the contents for free while waiting in line.   You actually have to buy it at a newsstand if they carry it.   I can honestly tell you that I don't know a single person who reads the NY Post.  Even the local 7-11s around here don't sell it.   I'm guessing that's because no one would buy it but they all have the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Newsday (a Long Island paper).  

I question whether or not the NY Post actually pays for stories.   Does anyone know if it's true?    They'd probably like to be considered a legitimate news outlet but paying for gossip stories is more of a trashy tabloid practice.  

Born and raised in The Bronx NY. I remember when the POST was actually a legitimate newspaper. That and the Daily News. Have to admit the Daily New was number one and if that was sold out then it was The Post but back then they were both reliable news outlets. 

Miss the days when morning shows were morning shows, tabloids were easily noticable as tabloids, talk shows were talk shows, newspapers reported the news, News at 10, News at 11 was where there was an anchor reporting, reciting facts, timelines, research and reliable information in the same voice all news people have and you weren't bombarded with unnecessary noise. The bare bones of what was going on without all the fluff to crowd the mind with useless information.

• Love 11

@Yours Truly, well stated, ITA & you kids, get off my lawn!!!

I worked in publishing for 25 years and was so genuinely burned out by the time I retired that I easily gave up looking at print media for quite a long time. Recently, picked up the local daily metro — and wanted to cry. Talk about a shadow of its former self. 

• Love 7

Alexander Hamilton was the founder of the NY Post.  He'd be rolling in his grave if he weren't so busy singing and dancing. 

When I was still living in NY, I read the Post every day for Page Six.  I'll admit it even if nobody else wants to.  ;o)

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:
27 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Alexander Hamilton was the founder of the NY Post.  He'd be rolling in his grave if he weren't so busy singing and dancing. 

When I was still living in NY, I read the Post every day for Page Six.  I'll admit it even if nobody else wants to.  ;o)

I grew up reading the Daily News and N.Y. Post in Queens.  Moved to Long Island and the husband ordered Newsday for the sports columns, and I absolutely HATE it.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

How about that episode where she has Cindy over and chastises her for interacting (dancing) with her staff and then talks to her about the "pecking order?" 

I loathed Cindy but that "pecking order" speech always gives me a massive case of s****** eye rolling.

I love Hulu just so I can relive my love/hate relationships with these women (clearly I have no life outside of work these days).

LOL .. I just said to myself, I have to get off this damn I- pad and these N.Y. Housewives.  First thing in the morning and last thing at night .. and in between.  It’s addictive !  I have things to get done, books waiting to be read, and here I am again reading about them.  Watched last weeks episode three times already to catch every word.  This is insane.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I wasn't sure how to take it, so I didn't.  ( ;

At first glance I was unsure too but then I thought about it.   Your post was very clever and I got it right away so we should take it as a compliment.  Besides..........who's gonna stop us?    LOL

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, AnnA said:

At first glance I was unsure too but then I thought about it.   Your post was very clever and I got it right away so we should take it as a compliment.  Besides..........who's gonna stop us?    LOL

It's all good.  I don't get too excited about the small stuff, lol.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

oh my I love that hulu has all the old episodes!!! And I have the commercial free plan so I can get through seasons quickly - LOL... I have no life either, tee hee hee... ;) 

I thought Sonja was obnoxious with the pecking order thing too - BUT - Cindy Barshop was such a horrible "HW", I didn't mind Sonja messing with her... she deserved much of it. Loved how Sonja didn't photograph Cindy during the camel ride craziness.... just had a flashback to Lu on the camel getting bucked around.... that season was tough... with the brunettes ganging up on the blondes... wasn't that Ramona's renewal season? I actually didn't mind her much that year.... anywho... back to now, can't wait for tonight's episode! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

LOL .. I just said to myself, I have to get off this damn I- pad and these N.Y. Housewives.  First thing in the morning and last thing at night .. and in between.  It’s addictive !  I have things to get done, books waiting to be read, and here I am again reading about them.  Watched last weeks episode three times already to catch every word.  This is insane.

I look on as my sanity maintenance therapy.

Anything these women can do makes the chaos of my life look downright tranquil by comparison.

And at $11.99/month for commercial free, Hulu is a much cheaper addiction than my raging coffee-holicism.   :D  

3 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

oh my I love that hulu has all the old episodes!!! And I have the commercial free plan so I can get through seasons quickly - LOL... I have no life either, tee hee hee... ;) 

I thought Sonja was obnoxious with the pecking order thing too - BUT - Cindy Barshop was such a horrible "HW", I didn't mind Sonja messing with her... she deserved much of it. Loved how Sonja didn't photograph Cindy during the camel ride craziness.... just had a flashback to Lu on the camel getting bucked around.... that season was tough... with the brunettes ganging up on the blondes... wasn't that Ramona's renewal season? I actually didn't mind her much that year.... anywho... back to now, can't wait for tonight's episode! 

I think one of her kids' high chairs had more personality than Cindy herself did.  

And she always looked so goddamned frazzled and harried, especially towards the end of the season.  Girl looked like she'd fallen asleep face down into her Bedazzler and didn't even comb her hair when she awoke.

Lu on the camel will always be one of my favorite moments....and then Sonja cutting Cindy out of the pictures was all sorts of awesome.

Cindy was so rude to Sonja during that brunch at the townhouse.  I had tried giving Cindy the benefit of the doubt before that, but yeah....rude as hell telling your host to keep the noise down whilst said host is preparing you a meal (even if said host did earlier try to school you on the group "pecking order").

If I were Sonja, I'd have probably flung the entire toaster oven at Cindy, but that's one of many reasons why I don't have the temperament to be a housewife.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It's all good.  I don't get too excited about the small stuff, lol.

Agreed but this is such a tough crowd.   LOL

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

ASk what I miss most about NY? My beloved Post! Page six is best in actual print!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I wasn't sure how to take it, so I didn't.  ( ;

Lol!!  Sorry.  No offense meant.  It actually was a compliment.   I have a habit of talking to ya'll like we're in the backyard at the family reunion cookout.    Cultural.   

you/ya'll ain't shit = I see the petty humored thing you did there and I liked it.     I'll try and keep it more mainstream :D 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/26/2018 at 12:52 AM, DebbieM4 said:

No, it actually isn't widely read/believed in NY.  Page Six is a gossip column in a newspaper that's little more than a tabloid.  I don't know anyone who takes it seriously.  I've lived in or near NYC my entire life, and I've never known anyone who pays much attention to it (including people I've known who have been mentioned in Page Six.)  It's mindless entertainment at best, nothing more.  In certain social circles there are other, far more reliable ways to find out what's actually going on.  The NY Post and Page Six are not reliable sources of information about anything at all, and everyone here pretty much knows that. 

I'm sure the HW's get upset when someone runs to Page Six with info because it's a crappy thing to do even if it's just a tabloid with zero credibility.   (They also, of course, have to create conflict.)

This perfectly describes myself, as a Real Housewives of New York viewer. LOL! Only exception, I don't live anywhere near NYC.

I guess I don't see much of a difference between someone who reads a gossip column and someone who watches any of the Real Housewives shows.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I have a habit of talking to ya'll like we're in the backyard at the family reunion cookout.    Cultural.   

That was my initial thought, then I wasn't sure, then...lol

'sall good in the 'hood~  (-;

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2

I heart this board. Where else can I learn cultural idioms without leaving my zero gravity chair & air conditioner?

How the HWs are like middle- & high-school girls in yer another way: they think they’re immortal, that nothing bad will ever happen to them, and so they never wear seatbelts. Or very rarely. 

Schmendricks. 

• Love 6
On 6/21/2018 at 3:47 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Snip

I promise I love you for this.   49% of me wants to laugh at the bittersweetness of it.     The other 51.  You'll see more of this if you watch World News Tonight, tonight with David Muir.  On Tuesday in Pittsburgh, PA, my daughter's boyfriend's best friend was shot by a police officer who'd been on the job merely hours.   I was about to say it was because he ran from the cops during a traffic stop.  More accurately, the because is: a black "man" ran from the cops during a traffic stop.   His name was Antwon Rose.  He graduated from a ceremony I was supposed to attend on June 7th.  He was 17 years old.     My daughter asked if she and her bf could take my car and go on an ice cream run.   I said no.    Lemme get back to some regularly scheduled foolishness before I bust out bawling.   The point is, the option to cut a whole entire fool talking to the police is an honor.  Lu should feel special. 

I’m so sorry, ZW. I don’t know what else to say. It’s awful enough to hear about these things in the news. I can’t imagine what it’s like when it hits so close to home. 

• Love 3