Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Week 4: Park City, Utah

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yeesh.  You're probably right.  It's too bad because I really liked him and I liked that he was a loving father but he really needed to tone that down.  The only positive thing I can think of is that since the daughter is a almost couple years older, she won't want her father hovering over her.

I feel like the producers pick one thing about the lead, the one thing they think we all liked, see Arie and the kiss. Or Becca being jilted by Arie, and they just harp on it and beat it into the ground, then set it on fire and run it over with the biggest bus they can find before beating it again, just to make sure we get our fill.

Seriously, the editors on this show are brilliant. They make this shit watchable with their funny little injokes. The producers seem to be going for the lowest common denominator. Everyone has to fit into their "character" no one can have layers. Maybe they realize most of us only half watch at this point, so they want to keep everyone as simple as possible so we can keep track of them.

I wouldn't be surprised if, after this show, Becca never says "let's do the damn thing" again in her life since she has reached her lifetime quota up on this show. (Note to all potential 'ors and 'ettes. Don't use a catch phrase unless you want to use it every day for months and have America think that's all you know how to say.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wait, she got rid of John?! I don't remember that lol.

3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Who the hell is John? hahaha

She didn't get rid of John. John is the Venmo guy who climbed to the top of the pole to win the lumberjack contest. He seems smart and sweet, although he's not the best-looking there, and I think he's probably in the friend zone with Becca.

• Love 1

I suspect Becca has a thing for the assholes and we'll be stuck with them until the end.  All these nice, quiet guys.... never hear from them and then they get the boot!

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I hope some of the nice guys that we didn't see much of wind up on BIP.

This is not a spoiler for Bachelorette as this person is already gone, but CH tweeted a hint that

Spoiler

Grocer Joe might show up in Paradise.

So there's hope they'll bring back some of the earlier cuts!

Edited by jade.black
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, violet and green said:

No, he's still there. But as she sends the few cute one homes, I figured it's only a matter of time...

Oh OK. I completely agree. He'll only last maybe 2 or 3 more eps I assume.

Spoiler

If Joe ends up on BIP then I'll have to watch BIP again and I really don't want to!

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:27 PM, TheFinalRose said:

I like her too ... not sure what she is supposed to be doing that other Bachelorettes did better. Plus, sometimes she looks like she's totally suffering having to date these boobs.  That crying talking head she did out in the snow before the one on one with Will made me feel for her.  Except for Garrett. She was totally giddy over him. I don't get him ... 

Chicken man Dave looked like he was on some serious pain meds ... he wasn't forming his words right I thought. At least he's lucky he didn't break his teeth (my nightmare). The fakest faker to me of this whole group is Colton. He came on here angling for the Bachelor spot and a shot at a sportscasting career ala Jordan Rogers.  Becca does not seem like his type. But then neither does Tia. 

I'm not a Tia hater, and she's not a fave, but the way she lit up when she saw Colton said it all to me.  I think he came on the show for her, and it's a little gross that he didn't drop out when Becca was revealed.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/18/2018 at 11:55 PM, yorklee2 said:

I agree. They actually seem to be comfortable together and fit very well. And she acts giddy around him. He's looking like a strong, if not the strongest, frontrunner. Definite attraction there. Wonder if it will be enough to overcome their different social views. Some make it work some don't. 

Becca is very liberal on Twitter, but on her Linkedin profile, she has a list of organizations, or things that she "likes."  I found it odd that very liberal Becca "liked" Fox News.  I don't know any true Liberal that would be a fan of Fox.  They usually like CNN. 

Garrett missed a very good opportunity to explain away his short marriage without throwing his ex wife completely under the bus.  He should have said that they both married young and were immature.  Their immaturity resulted in poor communication skills and they realized too late that they were wrong for each other as a married couple.  People forget that compatibility while dating and compatibility while married are two very different things.  Then he should have said that while he is not proud of the divorce, he learned a lot from it and now knows what questions to ask and what to look for before agreeing to marry.  

Being observant (especially during the first 6 months of a relationship) and using decent communication skills will allow you to learn a lot about your partner without living with them or having sex with them. Paying attention to how they treat others (especially strangers), whether they bother to ask you questions about yourself, asking them about their views on deal breaker topics, etc will provide more clarity than playing house ever will. So many red flags in a relationship pop up during those early months but very few people pay attention. Hopefully, Becca and Garrett (if they make it to the fantasy suites) will take the time to discuss deal breaker topics in order to see whether they are compatible as a potential married couple. 

Edited by PhysNerd
  • Love 8

I don't think any of these guys is attractive at ALL.  I look at them and think Becca has very unique taste physically.  Jason is okay but he has something about him that makes him a little sleazy. At one point I saw Nick and that "fuck what a wreck" (sitting on the couch) and then another time he looked fine but still not cute.  There hasn't been a group of really glamorous gals or guys in a long time. 

On 6/19/2018 at 1:46 PM, chocolatine said:

I thought it was Miss Dior as well. I became allergic to perfume in my mid-twenties and had to stop wearing it, but I remember the bottle of Miss Dior quite distinctly.

On 6/19/2018 at 4:00 PM, RedheadZombie said:

You may have to be a tall woman to appreciate this.  I am tall in an average to short family.  In my experience, and what I've seen in general, tall women usually end up with guys their height or even an inch or two shorter, and the tall men seem to like the ego boost of being with women who don't even reach their shoulder.   As a result, a man above six feet - especially several inches taller - makes me embarrassingly giddy.  They just make me feel more petite or delicate, when I'm used to being the biggest (tallest) person in the room.  It sets me off balance, but in a good way.

Just wanted to let you two know that you’re not alone! I hit a fragrance allergy in my 20’s as well and it’s a bummer not wearing perfume anymore. Saving money tho, so I’ll take my victories where I can. 

And I’m six feet tall and a super tall guy melts me into a puddle. It’s so weird feeling tiny! I don’t give Bachelorette handshakes tho, would probably knock people down. 

On 6/19/2018 at 6:01 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Show of hands-does anybody do the bachelorette hug in real life?

As much as I believe Jordan is a producer plant I am both relieved and astonished when he gets a rose. 

I’ve seen it done in real life A LOT, but I’m also from Dallas...prime reality show recruiting ground. Maybe it’s in the water. 

• Love 2