Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Week 4: Park City, Utah

• Start Topic

Oh, my. Becca IS a diva. Plus Jean needed to check out past seasons, you don't tell the b-ette you love her until the last few episodes. Or when you are afraid you are going home.

Maybe I just answered why Jean said it. But the personal perfume would be pretty cool. He should have led with that, then said he could wait until she felt the same about him. Live and learn, Jean!

2 minutes ago, hyacinth said:

Most men don't give a woman some sort of special sympathy and attention if they have an emotional breakdown because of an old boyfriend whom they dated for two months. 

Most men don't give sympathy about former boyfriends at all, unless they are working an ulterior motive (coughsexcough).

7 minutes ago, leighdear said:

A Minnesota girl is scared to ride a snowmobile?  WTF?  

I know! They were speeding along at a whole two miles an hour on that super-groomed trail.

OMG, she's talking about Arie again. GAH!

• Love 6

Wills is nice but I'm not feeling the hairstyle, even though I know it's popular now.  Same thing with Lincoln, and some of those white guys with hipster haircuts (high on top, shaved on the side).  

• Love 7
(edited)

Well, there goes my basketball player. Oh well.

Nick should have left his track suit on for more comfort flying home.

Oh, Jordan, the last rose is always the most drah-matic one. You needed to watch this show before you applied.

The two-on-one I predicted last week is happening next week.

WHAT? No bloopers? This show ...

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 3

David’s face isn’t that bad considering Harrison claimed he was in “intensive care.” Now we found out he just broke his nose. Code blue? More like Code boo-boo!

Jordan thinks his collared shirt with a cut out FOR a tie WITHOUT a tie shows he can go either way, but Nick one-ups (or one-downs?) him by wearing a fleece track suit. 

Man bun and some guy I’ve never seen are going home. Guess we’ll be subjected to Jordan making scrambled eggs in those gold lamee booty shorts tomorrow. 

This is a new one. Becca goes to the house, gets Garrett, then they drive to the date location, park the car, she walks around to the passenger side, THEN gives the “Bachelor handshake” leg hug welcome. Noooooo. That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works!

Lincoln is a flat earther?!?!?!? Oh, hell no!! Check, please! Where’s Harrison with the hook to drag him off stage right??!? He’s a floor pooper, a sexual assaulter, and now a flat earther?!? This is just too much to handle!

...which brings us to “inappropriate social media liker” Garrett who doesn’t seem THAT bad in comparison now. Except for that divorce reveal that made Becca look absolutely crestfallen, but once he mentioned his “bloodline”** of successful marriages, she grabs his hand and tilts her head on his shoulder adoringly. **And now I’m concerned about his likes again. No one who’s NOT a racist refers to their “bloodline,” right?

John was pretty impressive climbing that pole! David is on the injured reserved list, so  Colton is the designated Jordan Wrong Reasons accuser of the evening.

Jean the Colognesseur had a fragrance created for Becca oooor just slapped her name on a label but she’s not impressed—don’t ask me for a date. Now he amps it up and says he’s in love? Bye, dude. You’ve already “jumped the gun.” Everyone knows he’s not ACTUALLY in love, he’s just trying to get a rose. “What about the gift?” He’s actually ADMITTING he didn’t really mean it and just thought that’s what she wanted to hear! WHY is she “walking him out”? Everyone was on Wrong Reasons radar with Jordan that they overlooked that they had an actual Wrong Reasoner in their midst!

But now Becca is Wrong Reasoning our sweet Wills by holding Jean Blanc’s behavior into this date. Oh, duh, took me a minute to realize this is a Big Deal because Arie proposed but he “didn’t really mean it.” But, yay, Wills got some romance there. I was worried she was friend-zoning him crying over Jean (ie, Arie) and keeping her chin tucked tight so he could only kiss her forehead. Poor Wills had to bring up twice about relating to being broken hearted before Becca asked him to talk about it—then immediately brought it back to herself. Wills for Bachelor! (He can do better than Becca!) whoa, well, Wills is officially out of the friend zone—and officially my favorite.

WHY is she still keeping Jordan?!? Nick and Christon are both dreamy as hell—despite never hearing either of them speak. What the hell is Jordan talking about?!? His talking heads never make sense! I think the producers think that Bachelor Nation thinks he’s the new Chad. If I may speak for Bachelor Nation, we do not! He’s jumped the shark. He’s Paradise material, but he shouldn’t make it this far on the main show.

• Love 19
48 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I turned over to American Ninja Warrior and missed The Most Drah Matic Event Evah. What happened?

Maybe I'll have to wait for JenE4's recap ...

I hope I didn’t let you down, Saber! 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

David’s face isn’t that bad considering Harrison claimed he was in “intensive care.” Now we found out he just broke his nose. Code blue? More like Code boo-boo!

Ha ha ha! I noticed that bruise was almost gone by the rose ceremony too. You'd think he'd want to keep it as long as possible (borrow some makeup, dude) just for the sympathy rose thing. Nice to know that Becca's phone call while he was in Intensive *cough* Care is what pulled him back from death's door.

Just now, JenE4 said:

I hope I didn’t let you down, Saber! 

You did not, JenE4. Your posts are the BEST. Best part of this show, too.

• Love 4

I wish they would have shown Jordan splitting wood or flipping a log.  I can’t imagine he could do either of those.  He looks pretty short for a model compared with the other guys on the show

Becca is such a bore with those practiced quips and fake sounding enthusiasm. There is no way she speaks like that in real life  

I’m ready for Chris “who’s here for the right reasons” to get of my screen. I do not need to be looking up his monstrous nostrils anymore. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Code blue? More like Code boo-boo!

ROFLMAO!

39 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Jordan thinks his collared shirt with a cut out FOR a tie WITHOUT a tie shows he can go either way, but Nick one-ups (or one-downs?) him by wearing a fleece track suit. 

Man bun and some guy I’ve never seen are going home. Guess we’ll be subjected to Jordan making scrambled eggs in those gold lamee booty shorts tomorrow. 

This is a new one. Becca goes to the house, gets Garrett, then they drive to the date location, park the car, she walks around to the passenger side, THEN gives the “Bachelor handshake” leg hug welcome. Noooooo. That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works!

Lincoln is a flat earther?!?!?!? Oh, hell no!! Check, please! Where’s Harrison with the hook to drag him off stage right??!? He’s a floor pooper, a sexual assaulter, and now a flat earther?!? This is just too much to handle!

...which brings us to “inappropriate social media liker” Garrett who doesn’t seem THAT bad in comparison now. Except for that divorce reveal that made Becca look absolutely crestfallen, but once he mentioned his “bloodline”** of successful marriages, she grabs his hand and tilts her head on his shoulder adoringly. **And now I’m concerned about his likes again. No one who’s NOT a racist refers to their “bloodline,” right?

John was pretty impressive climbing that pole! David is on the injured reserved list, so  Colton is the designated Jordan Wrong Reasons accuser of the evening.

Jean the Colognesseur had a fragrance created for Becca oooor just slapped her name on a label but she’s not impressed—don’t ask me for a date. Now he amps it up and says he’s in love? Bye, dude. You’ve already “jumped the gun.” Everyone knows he’s not ACTUALLY in love, he’s just trying to get a rose. “What about the gift?” He’s actually ADMITTING he didn’t really mean it and just thought that’s what she wanted to hear! WHY is she “walking him out”? Everyone was on Wrong Reasons radar with Jordan that they overlooked that they had an actual Wrong Reasoner in their midst!

But now Becca is Wrong Reasoning our sweet Wills by holding Jean Blanc’s behavior into this date. Oh, duh, took me a minute to realize this is a Big Deal because Arie proposed but he “didn’t really mean it.” But, yay, Wills got some romance there. I was worried she was friend-zoning him crying over Jean (ie, Arie) and keeping her chin tucked tight so he could only kiss her forehead. Poor Wills had to bring up twice about relating to being broken hearted before Becca asked him to talk about it—then immediately brought it back to herself. Wills for Bachelor! (He can do better than Becca!) whoa, well, Wills is officially out of the friend zone—and officially my favorite.

WHY is she still keeping Jordan?!? Nick and Christon are both dreamy as hell—despite never hearing either of them speak. What the hell is Jordan talking about?!? His talking heads never make sense! I think the producers think that Bachelor Nation thinks he’s the new Chad. If I may speak for Bachelor Nation, we do not! He’s jumped the shark. He’s Paradise material, but he shouldn’t make it this far on the main show.

@saber5055 - you are so right.  This is the best recap.  Now I have to go on Hulu and watch the damn show.  Is Wills still on?  He got a rose right?  Is that Adim guy who was convicted still on?

• Love 2

I’m having a difficult time getting into this season. I spend so much time on my iPad that I miss some stuff. Oh wells, maybe in need to watch ninja.

count me as one of the disappointed that basketball dude if out. Bye we hardly knew ya!

She’s clearly all in with Garret but he’s kind of dweebie so I’m eye rolling all the he’s sooo goood loooking comments. Lol sorry

That Jean crap was so cringy. I’m falling in love.....psych!

• Love 5

I was totally hoping Becca would have told Jean Blanc that the perfume smelled like cat piss as she walked him to the door.

Knowing about all the arrests in this cast makes me feel like I'm watching America's Most Wanted. Has the background check firm been fired yet?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, jumper sage said:

@saber5055 - you are so right.  This is the best recap.  Now I have to go on Hulu and watch the damn show.  Is Wills still on?  He got a rose right?  Is that Adim guy who was convicted still on?

Jumper, I'd skip the show and just read JenE4. Unless you really want to watch. Yes, Wills is still there, and ended up with a pretty good review here. He got a rose on the date. The sex-pred-assault guy is Lincoln, and he's still there too.

9 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Knowing about all the arrests in this cast makes me feel like I'm watching America's Most Wanted. Has the background check firm been fired yet?

They need to fire the background-check firm and hire a high school kid. One kid could do a better job than the doofs who review the applicants on this show.

• Love 12

Shoutout to my home town of Stillwater MN!  On her date with Garret.  I live in the area now and work there.  #hometownpride.  And it IS cute and quaint and amazing. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Why is Wilhelmina model Jordan comparing himself to Captain Underpants, an obese bald children's book character? It seems like his only goal in life is to flatter himself as much as possible, and he can't even do that right.

Lincoln, Lincoln, Lincoln. You think you can hold your own in a conversation with an astrophysicist when you don't have the most basic understanding of science? Had I not already known about his sexual assault conviction, his ignorance would have been a dealbreaker.

Did anyone else think that giving a bunch of roided-up competitive bros axes to throw around wasn't the soundest idea? Just me? Glad nobody got their head split in half on that date.

Garrett: "we got married, then one thing led to another, then we got divorced." What thing led to what other thing? That's glossing over some very important details.

I thought Christon was the most handsome of the bunch, and now he's gone. Wills seems like a good guy though, and possibly Jason and Blake as well. Everyone else, meh.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm not a grammar Nazi.  I've come to expect that most people misuse personal pronouns and others haven't received the speech therapy they need.  But hearing "bof" and "expecially" so close together was too much.

Who said that? I was distracted through most of the episode so I didn't catch it.

What's this thing about Lincoln being a floor pooper. Lol

Apparently some former co-workers told that he used to put toilet paper on the floor then defecate on it instead of using the toilet. Not sure if he left it or picked it up and then put it into the toilet but this is over the top gross and unsanitary. Now we learn he was just convicted of sexual harassment. And I suspect he's the answer to my above question. And he thinks the world is flat! This dude is a major loser and needs to go. To bad Becca has no idea about any of this.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, angelamh66 said:

Did Garrett just basically "yada yada yada" his divorce? 

Knowing this show, he probably explained it ad nauseam for five hours and they cut it down to "one thing led to another..."

It's always the conversations that might actually be interesting or revealing that get edited out. 

• Love 9

I normally like Becca, but either she is playing for the camera a bit, or she has a drama queen underneath her Midwestern wholesomeness. I mean, why else would she still be keeping Jordan around, who is basically a Zoolander character who has somehow ended up in our world, and bringing up freaking Arie every five seconds? I mean, all the constant Arie drama and bashing and "oh my god I was blindsided" is almost making me feel sorry for that little shit! For freaking Arie! Almost. 

I like Leo pretty well, he seems like he would be a cool guy to hang with. But Wills is my man for now. He seems like a real catch, especially next to this gaggle of weirdos and sentient piles of laundry. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

She is definitely really into Garrett. He's not my type, but I think they're cute together. They're both very cheerful, wholesome midwestern types and seem to have a nice, comfortable relationship. Plus, he reminds her of home and her dad - that's a done deal IMO.

I agree. They actually seem to be comfortable together and fit very well. And she acts giddy around him. He's looking like a strong, if not the strongest, frontrunner. Definite attraction there. Wonder if it will be enough to overcome their different social views. Some make it work some don't. 

• Love 2

I mean why else would she still be keeping Jordan around,

We ask this every season when the lead keeps around certain contestants that doesn't make any sense. Remember how long Corrine stayed in Nick's season when it was obvious he didn't have any serious intention with her. I think it's the producers who make them do it to keep the drama going.

• Love 15
(edited)
14 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

We ask this every season when the lead keeps around certain contestants that doesn't make any sense. Remember how long Corrine stayed in Nick's season when it was obvious he didn't have any serious intention with her. I think it's the producers who make them do it to keep the drama going. 

Definitely producer-driven.  I saw her kind of roll her eyes one week when she said his name at the RC.

Edited by EllenB
Have no idea why my reply w looked like part of YORKLEE2's post, and can't fix it.
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

So much this. I had to rewind to be sure I heard it right. Most people say "in my family" not "bloodline." Yuck. What do you think you are, royalty? Oh, Becca. I hope you know what you're getting into.

Lincoln -- a Flat Earther. Figures. I just wrote a column about the stupidity of the Flat Earther mentality in the face of overwhelming evidence (truth and scientific facts) to the contrary.

Ew, that closeup of Jordan in the gold undies was....disturbing.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 18

Who was the guy climbing the pole and someone said he lives in the woods and eats bugs? Was that Blake? What's that all about?

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I'm really not so concerned with Garret's social media. Not compared to an actual, violent crime like sexual assault. I cannot lump Garret together with Lincoln as they are on totally different planes, as far as I can see.  

Jean Blanc asking "what about the perfume?" is just extra-special hilarious. Priorities!!!

I think Christon was gorgeous and talented and wish we'd seen more from him.

Becca seems intrigued by the lanky, dark-haired type. Jason, Blake, Garret etc., although I don't see her feeling it for the Asian (?) guy who won the lumberjack prize...is his name Mike? Or John? I'd like to learn more about him.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, leighdear said:

Aaannnnnd there's Becca doing the "Bachelorette Handshake"......aka, jumping at him & wrapping her legs around him.  *LOL*

She jumped up on him so high, her entire weight was supported by his upper spine.   Damn, that could hurt a guy, really - throw him backwards off-balance, it could cause a sprained muscle.  Do  women do that in real life?  Because I never have, in my life.  

Oh, and Lincoln is stupid.  I wonder if his flat-earth thing is religious.  there are people who believe that the bible says the earth is flat, and they take the bible literally.  Google Flat Earth Society if you want to try to understand how these people think. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Becca seems intrigued by the lanky, dark-haired type. Jason, Blake, Garret etc., although I don't see her feeling it for the Asian (?) guy who won the lumberjack prize...is his name Mike? Or John? I'd like to learn more about him.

That was John. Mike was the blond man-bun guy who was eliminated in the first rose ceremony of the episode (the show really needs to stop doing two rose ceremonies in one episode, they just blend together). 

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, backformore said:

She jumped up on him so high, her entire weight was supported by his upper spine.   Damn, that could hurt a guy, really - throw him backwards off-balance, it could cause a sprained muscle.  Do  women do that in real life?  Because I never have, in my life. 

My friends and I have been joking about that for years. We're all in reasonably good shape, but none of us would try that for fear of making our SOs fall over or pull something.

9 minutes ago, backformore said:

Oh, and Lincoln is stupid.  I wonder if his flat-earth thing is religious.  there are people who believe that the bible says the earth is flat, and they take the bible literally.  Google Flat Earth Society if you want to try to understand how these people think. 

Maybe he's trolling? I looked up his LinkedIn profile, and it says he majored in biology at the University of Kentucky and worked as a lab research assistant. You can't do that *and* keep thinking the Earth is flat, can you?

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Maybe he's trolling? I looked up his LinkedIn profile, and it says he majored in Biology at the University of Kentucky and worked as a lab research assistant. You can't do that *and* keep thinking the Earth is flat, can you?

I don't put much stock in that, any student can be a lab assistant as part of a work study program.  AND, reading between the lines, I think he dropped out or flunked out of college.  his profile gives dates of attendance, but no degree. 

There are more educated people than he is that believe the earth is flat: Flat Earth Society   they believe that moon landings and other space explorations are faked, and part of a general conspiracy to lead people away from belief in the bible.   

But I think they're all stupid.  

• Love 7

Garret was married, and then "one thing led to another"  and two months later they were divorced.  

Yeah, I'd want to know what the "one thing"  and "the other"  were. It can't just be what he said.   Becca referred to her as "the girl in your past."   No, Becca, the word is "ex-wife."  

• Love 16
(edited)
4 hours ago, backformore said:

Garret was married, and then "one thing led to another"  and two months later they were divorced.  

Yeah, I'd want to know what the "one thing"  and "the other"  were. It can't just be what he said.   Becca referred to her as "the girl in your past."   No, Becca, the word is "ex-wife."  

He said they dated for a year and a half, were engaged another year and then divorced after 2 months. I don't know but I think if there had been red flags surely they would have shown up in that 2 and half year period before marriage. Or there were but they ignored them. It does seem strange that they knew each other that long and then divorced shortly after marriage. I had a friend who dated her husband for 6 yrs and then they weren't married a year until they divorced. It happens. I think they have a preconceived idea of what marriage entails and what it will be like but then find out quick that it's nothing like they imagined.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Becca goes to the house, gets Garrett, then they drive to the date location, park the car, she walks around to the passenger side, THEN gives the “Bachelor handshake” leg hug welcome. Noooooo. That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works!

There are RULES here dammit!! WTF?? Heh.

And damn but for all her talk/asking/demands of guys being serious and ready I'm starting to doubt SHE is ready the more we go along. Girl has a 'trigger zone' of Arie PTSD a freakin' mile wide just waiting to be tripped, on a daily basis.

Speaking of being so triggered, that was truly uncomfortable mess with the whole "I'd like to rescind my previous statements" thing with Jean Scratch-n-Sniff. The first error was that you don't buy a woman the freakin display size gallon o-perfume as a gift. That says "Wear this exclusively every day for the rest of your life." Instead say "I had some of the best perfumieres come up with this just for you..." you present the little vial like it's an illicit drug of some power... she's puts some on and she says 'Ooh this is nice, how thoughtful of you.' But Like JENE4 said the way he went about it 'is just not how this works'. I really think he was angling to get the perfume back.

• Love 10

I really think he was angling to get the perfume back.

Oh I do too. She did ask him if he wanted it back but he didn't want to be that obvious of a jerk to admit it. I think he was hoping she's say, "why of course I'll give it back". Lol. I don't know why she didn't actually. If I tried to wear it it would always remind me of that awkward cringeworthy night. I don't think she really wanted it she was just in a hurry to get him out of there.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I'll check back towards the end.  Becca is so dull I can't take her for a whole show.

You’re going to have to tell me what happens.  I forgot to watch.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, leighdear said:

blah, blah, Arie, blah, Arie, blah, blah, blah.....

Jeez, does she ever stop obsessing about Arie?  I honestly don't remember any bachelorette going on & on son constantly about the guy that didn't pick her.   Yeah, they all mention it a bit, but she's just beyond the others. 

Wills is doing fine.  He was a good, calm pick for her date.

Deanna. Never shut up about Brad!!

• Love 2

Did Garrett just basically "yada yada yada" his divorce? 

Yes, but notice how he did manage to assure Becca that the ex-wife's behavior was a major factor in their break-up, because --I paraphrase-- she built him up (emotionally, I guess) and then would just cut him down. I guess it could be true. But did he mention anything about his own failings in their marriage?  

• Love 10
7 hours ago, backformore said:

Becca says Garrett is "so handsome."   Is he?  because compared to the rest of the guys, I honestly think he's the least good-looking one left. 

Garrett has shark-face to me:

image.png.2533c2dfb1c64551a26655275318c7a6.pngimage.png.5624e1f7303b3b17f4ed2eb19b093e2b.png

• Love 22
10 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wish they would have shown Jordan splitting wood or flipping a log.  I can’t imagine he could do either of those. 

They did show Jordan splitting a log - and in triumphant fashion, too!

I feel like I'm always sticking up for Jordan, but it would be (even more of) a snoozefest without his commentary.

He's like the main character in the start of American Psycho with his detailed descriptions of his clothes!

• Love 16

The first time I saw Jordan in the gold shorts, I thought he looked just like Rocky from Rocky Horror minus the abs.

MV5BNjQzM2M4NWItMmY1Ny00NDc4LWJmNjgtMDI3ZTJmZjEyOWEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk4MDgwNA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,759,1000_AL_.jpg

13 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Man bun Mike and banjo playing Ryan. Have we heard either speak?

I don't like how they wouldn't even show them say anything for a goodbye exit. Instead, we had to hear Jean.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Janc said:

Garrett has shark-face to me:

image.png.2533c2dfb1c64551a26655275318c7a6.pngimage.png.5624e1f7303b3b17f4ed2eb19b093e2b.png

Yes! I call him fish face. He has eyes on either side.  Maybe he's cuter in person. Agree that he's the front runner... reminds her of her dad. That seals the deal IMO. I wish we didn't know what we know about him, because from what we've seen on the show, I'd be rooting for him. 

• Love 1

Yeah, Garrett has a fish face and serial killer eyes.

However, my UO is that I don't think Wills is all that, and I don't think he's that good-looking.  Not my type at all.

• Love 5