Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Week 4: Park City, Utah

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

THANK YOU, FIB....this led me down a rabbit hole reading about the Basque language and looking up Basque surnames. Very interesting.

Let us know if you find out anything about those pure bloodlines.

• Love 11
(edited)
20 hours ago, Arkay said:

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I'm really not so concerned with Garret's social media. Not compared to an actual, violent crime like sexual assault. I cannot lump Garret together with Lincoln as they are on totally different planes, as far as I can see.  

I think Christon was gorgeous and talented and wish we'd seen more from him.

I agree about Garrett. He liked some off color jokes. Maybe the same way I laugh at blonde jokes, but know some blondes who are ultra intelligent. Though some consider those jokes and memes awful, he may have looked at it in a lighthearted way. I'll bet a million bucks at least one contestant this season liked the picture of Kathy Griffin holding Trump's severed head. To me, that is disgusting, but I wouldn't hold it against that contestant. JMO, of course.

I agree about Christon. A shame we didn't get to enjoy more of him!

My favorite right now is Jason.

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 10

Now they're in Park City. Is this where Jef hangs out? Maybe he'll stop by. Funny Becca wants to go to an alpaca shop, there's an alpaca farm not too far from Prior Lake. 

Stillwater!! I've been there! It is really pretty, all these older buildings along the St. Croix River.

Lincoln, the water doesn't fall down because of gravity.

Hey, John speaks!!! with Jean-Blanc.

I don't think he's handsome; well he's not to bad-looking when he's serious, but when he smiles he looks kind of icky.  Gosh, I would be so scared going down on the bobsled. But I did feel a little sorry for him when told Becca his marriage story.

Wow, Becca can really throw an axe. 

Hey Jordan, I see London, I see France . . .

Becca is not attracted to him. I don't think she's kissed him and she was certainly was trying to get out of having a hug with him. He was getting kind of aggressive there in his gold underpants and I think she was definitely turned off.

I wonder what Jean-Blanc said in her ear . . . I'm goingn to rewatch that scene. Right now I'm a little confused about what he did that turned her off so much. After rewatching, I still don't know; however, since they didn't close caption what he whispered I wonder if he said something icky. Or maybe she feels he's not sincere - that he's saying stuff he thinks he should say to stay in the competition. And as it transpires, I think I'm right. That was such a weird scene, I'm looking forward to reading your posts about it.

Christon is very handsome.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

I wonder what Jean-Blanc said in her ear . . .

I re-wound it because the whole thing had been confusing...I don't think that he was saying anything in particular, because it looks like he used the whispering as a ploy to get close enough to her face to kiss her.

• Love 3
On 6/18/2018 at 9:45 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I wish they would have shown Jordan splitting wood or flipping a log.  I can’t imagine he could do either of those.  

I saw "Blue Steel" split a log. I was frankly surprised. I still don't find him attractive...kind of jawless/chinless. Garrett's eyes are way too far apart, hence CPO Sharkey face. 

• Love 3

OMG. There were so many things. I'm kind of sorry that I'm not on this forum when it airs because I watch it the next day on Hulu. But so much awkwardnsss. 

• David's face. I didn't think it looked THAT bad, I guess I thought a broken nose would look worse? Something weird going on with his upper lip though. I cringed when he was hugging the guys because it looked like it hurt his face. 
  • The Flat Earther- Get out! Just get out! I love how flat earthers can never prove the earth is flat but don't believe what has already been proven. 
  • That whole thing with Jean....what was that? First he seemed to be doing ok, although you could tell Becca was relieved when Leo interrupted them. Then he insists on coming back to aggressively tell her he's in love with her. Uh. Ok. You and fifteen other dudes? I was glad she got rid of him. But then he didn't even have the dignity to leave it at that. He had to backpedal to save face, which just made him look pathetic. It was all so strange, none of it really made sense. And then when he asks for his perfume. Like...did he want it back? Or was he implying that the perfume alone should have been enough to win her over? WTF. We never saw her give it back, I would have given him his shitty perfume back. TAKE IT. 
  • I was a little surprised that the other guys didn't act fake-incensed on her behalf. I mean, if you're going to sell being in love with her, act fake-outraged. "How dare he upset Becca??" No, they were all like "Ugh, this make it harder on all of us." C'mon guys, be better actors! 
  • Wills was fine. Kind of boring. 
  • Love 7

Ok, guys, I have a confession and since I've seen a few people asking for an explanation, here I am... I've totally done the "bachelor handshake." So I'm 5'3" and it seems to be a thing that usually only happens with quite tall guys. It's a combination of you reaching up to hug them (if you put your arms around their shoulder instead of their waist) and them naturally starting to give you a little lift so that they're not hunched over to hug you. The guys are equally at fault as they seem to enjoy picking up small girls. Then once you're in the air, it seems natural to wrap your legs around them. I've done it with tall friends as well, not just guys I'm dating. Although, not so much anymore now that I'm older, but back in high school and college, it was a go-to when giving hugs. Feels like there's some added enthusiasm in your greeting. I guess this doesn't so much explain Becca doing it since she looks to be fairly tall, but for the petite Bachelorettes, I get it.

Well, Becca clearly doesn't want me to enjoy any eye candy this season. Hot Mike, Hot Christon, and cute banjo player all going home in the same episode?! All of this after the early loss of Grocer Joe too? Not cool. I'm not very attracted to any of the men left except maybe Wills and Jason. Wills is easily my favorite and I hope he ends up being the next Bachelor. I was jealous of those great all-encompassing hugs he seemed to be giving Becca. I like a good hugger.

My first thought was also of Rocky when Becca gave Jordan those gold underwear! He'd be the perfect cosplayer to bring to a RHPS! I also get why Becca is keeping him around (not just producers). She seems to laugh a lot at his antics kind of like Nick did with Corinne. He's too ridiculous to take seriously and she probably likes the levity.

Watching the other guys' expressions during Lincoln's flat-earth and friction talk was the best.

Ugh, Garrett does nothing for me. He's not cute, and his divorce explanation was severely lacking. If I were Becca, my first question would have been, "What made your marriage deteriorate so quickly after you'd already spent years together prior? And if those issues were there before the marriage, why did you even get married?" I noticed how she still referred to his ex-wife as his "previous relationship" without acknowledging it was a marriage at all. I also picked up on his comment about his "bloodline" which is just a super weird thing to say. I'm hoping Blake, who is seemingly her second favorite, pulls ahead because they seem like a good match as well and he throws up fewer red flags than Garrett.

I like Leo but I can't help be disappointed a little bit because he is not even half as good-looking as Jason Momoa but also bears too much resemblance to Jason Momoa not to make the comparison.

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, jade.black said:

Ok, guys, I have a confession and since I've seen a few people asking for an explanation, here I am... I've totally done the "bachelor handshake." 

I like Leo but I can't help be disappointed a little bit because he is not even half as good-looking as Jason Momoa but also bears too much resemblance to Jason Momoa not to make the comparison.

Thanks for the explanation!  At least you've got some logic behind it.  What was so weird about Becca's, was that she didn't do it upon first seeing someone, which is the "correct" B'ette way...she did it after getting out of the car with the person she'd just been riding with!

Also, I didn't know who Jason Momoa was, but I went to look and I have to respectfully disagree.  I don't think Leo is particularly good-looking, but he is definitely better-looking than Momoa and his frightening eyebrows.  Leo looks like he'd be a nice, warm, friendly person, and better-looking with short hair.  

• Love 2
Just now, LuvMyShows said:

Also, I didn't know who Jason Momoa was, but I went to look and I have to respectfully disagree.  I don't think Leo is particularly good-looking, but he is definitely better-looking than Momoa and his frightening eyebrows.  Leo looks like he'd be a nice, warm, friendly person, and better-looking with short hair. 

Hahaha! Jason Momoa is like my ultimate sexual fantasy at the moment, but I like your accurate description of his frightening eyebrows. (For the record, Momoa seems like an awesome down-to-earth dude who likes rock climbing, Guinness, and spending time with his adorable family, so don't let his eyebrows fool you.)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jade.black said:

Hahaha! Jason Momoa is like my ultimate sexual fantasy at the moment, but I like your accurate description of his frightening eyebrows. (For the record, Momoa seems like an awesome down-to-earth dude who likes rock climbing, Guinness, and spending time with his adorable family, so don't let his eyebrows fool you.)

time-when-we-all-wished-we-were-scarf-dr His eyebrows don't look too scary here. I agree, JADE.BLACK, he's way better looking, imo, than Leo and Lisa Bonet is a lucky woman. But I do covet Leo's locks, for sure.

• Love 5

Is it just me or was there not a conversation between Colton and Jordon in which Colton called Jordan something insulting.... it looked to me like Colton was calling Jordon an offensive word meaning a homosexual male???  I seemed to catch it in passing (since I don't really pay much attention to the show anymore).  People are so focused on what a Neanderthal Garrett is, not that I disagree, but Colton seems pretty Neanderthal-like too.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, jade.black said:

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

For me Jason Momoa is like an 11/10!

LOL funny how tastes can be different, I think Leo is pretty good looking, but I'm sorry to say, I think this Momoa guy is homely.

There's something about Colton that reminds me of Brody the bootlegger from Seinfeld...

image.png.f0aaf58f469dc76b555e10ed94fcac65.pngimage.png.8fe69c8bad1d66167ff2691549ad716c.png

• Love 6

I wanted to say this last week but never got around to it, but it´s just as true for this week so here goes: I don´t think Becca is boring at all! I didn´t really like her when she was on Aries season, so never understood why he fell for her like that, but now I´m getting it. She´s very pretty, beautiful even, and I like her confidence. I loved her whole lumberjack thing, that was a hoot. I don´t understand her taste in men though, unless she picks Leo...

I found the male model funny for the first couple of weeks but I´m bored of him now. And I can´t stand Lincoln, even though he is a flat-earther (how silly and wtf???).

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Token said:

Is it just me or was there not a conversation between Colton and Jordon in which Colton called Jordan something insulting.... it looked to me like Colton was calling Jordon an offensive word meaning a homosexual male???  I seemed to catch it in passing (since I don't really pay much attention to the show anymore).  People are so focused on what a Neanderthal Garrett is, not that I disagree, but Colton seems pretty Neanderthal-like too.  

I remember that, too, but I couldn't tell what Colton was calling Jordan. I assumed 'pussy,' the usual go-to sexist term for douchebags against other males they're threatened by.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Token said:

Becca got some real losers in her bunch.

And has managed to keep EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. while ditching the ones WE want to see.  Doesn't she realize this show is for US, not her?  ;-)

• Love 18
14 minutes ago, Token said:

Becca got some real losers in her bunch.

I think she had a few really good options and a lot of terrible ones. There isn't much in between in this group. 

Wills the Harry Potter tattooed reader is one of my all time favorites, as was Clay and Christon and one of the white boys, I think Blake maybe? 

But Jordan (who has already worn out his humor), Dave, Garrett, Lincoln are some of the worst they've ever had. Colton is threatening to fall into this group for me as well. There is just something about him I don't trust/like. And perfume guy proved to be pretty skeevy too. Yeah, she got the bottom of the barrel for sure.

It's gonna be hard picking a bachelor lead out of this bunch. 

• Love 4

Is Jean Blanc even his real name? It sounds like a good name for a men's cologne... (Hope he's trademarked it.) I reckon the fragrance he 'created' for her smelt like cat piss.

24 minutes ago, Token said:

Oh, I really hope they don't pick one of these douchebags for the Bachelor.

Bring back Peter! Or Brooks....

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, violet and green said:

Is Jean Blanc even his real name? It sounds like a good name for a men's cologne... (Hope he's trademarked it.)

I don't know if it's his real name, but I'm guessing that name is just as common in French as John White is in English. It's just weird that his full name was used on the show, since it's usually just the first name or first name + last initial.

21 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Let us know if you find out anything about those pure bloodlines.

LOL.  

FWIW, many minority ethnic groups, particularly those from countries where they have long histories of persecution, are concerned about this type of thing - it isnt uncommon among the Basque, the Roma, Greeks, Jewish people (especially Hasidic Jews), etc.  I'm sure you can all picture some caricature of a Jewish mother telling her daughter in a nasally New York accent, "Why cant you find yourself a nice Jewish boy, honey?". 

That said, I found this, from the website everyculture on Basque Marriage, particularly amusing: 

"Marriage. Basques are monogamous and exercise considerable personal choice in selecting spouses.... Small villages tend to be endogamous and cousin marriage is not infrequent, including some unions Between first cousins."

• Love 3
(edited)
41 minutes ago, fib said:

FWIW, many minority ethnic groups, particularly those from countries where they have long histories of persecution, are concerned about this type of thing - it isnt uncommon among the Basque, the Roma, Greeks, Jewish people (especially Hasidic Jews), etc.  I'm sure you can all picture some caricature of a Jewish mother telling her daughter in a nasally New York accent, "Why cant you find yourself a nice Jewish boy, honey?". 

I'm Jewish, and neither I nor anyone in my family has ever used the word "bloodline". Also, caricatures of Jews are wildly anti-Semitic.

If Garrett wants to marry a woman of Basque descent, he has no business being on this show. According to this article (which contains a major spoiler), his ex-wife's name is Kayla Cunningham, i.e. also not Basque.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

And has managed to keep EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. while ditching the ones WE want to see.  Doesn't she realize this show is for US, not her?  ;-)

No kidding, since if it weren't for us, there would be no show. Right, guys? We should be able to vote in those rose ceremonies just like we can vote on DTWS and The Voice.

29 minutes ago, fib said:

"Marriage. Basques are monogamous and exercise considerable personal choice in selecting spouses.... Small villages tend to be endogamous and cousin marriage is not infrequent, including some unions Between first cousins."

Wow. Interesting. I wonder if Garrett's ex is his cousin.

ETA. Oh rats, Chocolatine posted at the same time and ruined my imagined Garrett marriage failure. Oh well. The monogamous thing is a plus in my eyes though, so there's that in his favor.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 3

Note that Chocolatine's link about Garrett contains spoilers, so be careful if you click, if TMZ didn't already ruin the show for you like it did me. But the article does contain this hilarious sentence:

A woman who claimed to be a longtime friend of Garrett's also weighed in on their relationship, tweeting a message about his marriage to Reality Steve.

So Garret has been married twice, the second time to Reality Steve! Who knew? That will make The.Most.Dramatic.Episode.EVAH when Becca finds out.

• Love 15

"What made your marriage deteriorate so quickly after you'd already spent years together prior?

Why, *her* of course, the ex-wife, what with the "building him up" and "bringing him down" and all. Garrett did nothing, he was just the poor sap who didn't see the red flags. /sarcasm

David sported a horrible red left eye, I thought. Like when a blood vessel pops in the eye? Looked awful. I think RS said he ended up with some bleeding on the brain, though I think by now he's pretty much recovered?  (I'm in the camp that thinks he was probably drunk and half asleep when this happened.)

Regarding what Colton said to Jordan, someone asked him on Twitter if he called Jordan a [homophobic slur]. Colton replied:  "Absolutely not. All the bleeped words started with F and ended with K in some for or fashion. Sorry mom & nana"

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I want Kenny too!  

Please no Kenny, I can not take a whole season of listening to him go on and on about his daughter. Or anyone else with kids for that matter. If they are so damn important, then stay home and spend time with them instead of famewhoring for a chance at love.

• Love 13

Becca, has to stop it with the Arie bashing!  It just makes her look like she is still in love with him, and even if she is...have some self respect.  She acts like she is the only one who has ever had her heart broken.  

I think Jean was falling in love with her and then tried to backtrack at the last minute so he could possibly stay on the show.  Her mental breakdown after that was so weird and drama queenie. Maybe that type of behavior is why Arie changed his mind.

Man-bun Mike would have gotten my first impression rose...and now he's gone...snif.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

Please no Kenny, I can not take a whole season of listening to him go on and on about his daughter. Or anyone else with kids for that matter. If they are so damn important, then stay home and spend time with them instead of famewhoring for a chance at love.

You make a good point, so I would hope that the producers would tell him to tone down the daughter stuff.  The only time we would need to see her is when he takes the final two (or is it four?) to the hometown visit.  

8 hours ago, jade.black said:

He’s mine too. I met him at a con two weeks ago and he was super game for a hug pic. I was planning on being super chill but I honestly think I blacked out seeing that sexy beast in front of me. Lol but I digress, I find Leo to be decent looking and I actually love his hair but he’s no Jason. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I'm Jewish, and neither I nor anyone in my family has ever used the word "bloodline". Also, caricatures of Jews are wildly anti-Semitic.

Agreed.  Apologies for any implication that the caricature is acceptable.  Its not.   I just wanted to present a non-basque reference point to show that the concern about marrying within ones group isnt unique that I thought people could relate to.  But thanks for calling me on it - perpetuating stereotypes is always wrong. 

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

He’s mine too. I met him at a con two weeks ago and he was super game for a hug pic. I was planning on being super chill but I honestly think I blacked out seeing that sexy beast in front of me. Lol 

OMG........ OMG........ OMG.  Good for you @TiredMe......... I'll be over here in OMG Land.......

• Love 3

I wanted to say this last week but never got around to it, but it´s just as true for this week so here goes: I don´t think Becca is boring at all! I didn´t really like her when she was on Aries season, so never understood why he fell for her like that, but now I´m getting it. She´s very pretty, beautiful even, and I like her confidence. I loved her whole lumberjack thing, that was a hoot.

I like her too ... not sure what she is supposed to be doing that other Bachelorettes did better. Plus, sometimes she looks like she's totally suffering having to date these boobs.  That crying talking head she did out in the snow before the one on one with Will made me feel for her.  Except for Garrett. She was totally giddy over him. I don't get him ... 

Chicken man Dave looked like he was on some serious pain meds ... he wasn't forming his words right I thought. At least he's lucky he didn't break his teeth (my nightmare). The fakest faker to me of this whole group is Colton. He came on here angling for the Bachelor spot and a shot at a sportscasting career ala Jordan Rogers.  Becca does not seem like his type. But then neither does Tia. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Note that Chocolatine's link about Garrett contains spoilers, so be careful if you click, if TMZ didn't already ruin the show for you like it did me. But the article does contain this hilarious sentence:

A woman who claimed to be a longtime friend of Garrett's also weighed in on their relationship, tweeting a message about his marriage to Reality Steve.

So Garret has been married twice, the second time to Reality Steve! Who knew? That will make The.Most.Dramatic.Episode.EVAH when Becca finds out.

Love it when people "get" the dangling participle problem!

4 hours ago, Token said:

I still want the wrestler, Kenny!  Or Eric from the same season.

Eric, definitely yes.  Eventually they will get around to a black male lead, and I hope it's him.  Aside from that one rant about "my name is in your mouth" or whatever, he seemed well-behaved, and I loved his enthusiasm, maturity, and kindness around Rachel, especially given that I seem to remember he had a pretty bad, no-male-role-model upbringing.  Kenny, OTOH, had that prolonged profanity-laced tirade on his two-on-one (with Lee?).  And while I can appreciate that he was emotional, he set an absolutely terrible example for his daughter, and missed a great opportunity to model how to handle such emotionality (nod to Jordan!) in a way that doesn't bring you down to their level.

• Love 3

It's gonna be hard picking a bachelor lead out of this bunch.

My votes for Jason. He doesn't have perfect looks but there's something about him. I actually like it when guys are good looking but a little rough around the edges. Makes them more relatable IMO. Plus I think he has a great personality, could carry the lead, and from what I could see is a great kisser.

9 hours ago, halkatla said:

I wanted to say this last week but never got around to it, but it´s just as true for this week so here goes: I don´t think Becca is boring at all! I didn´t really like her when she was on Aries season, so never understood why he fell for her like that, but now I´m getting it. She´s very pretty, beautiful even, and I like her confidence. I loved her whole lumberjack thing, that was a hoot. I don´t understand her taste in men though, unless she picks Leo...

I found the male model funny for the first couple of weeks but I´m bored of him now. And I can´t stand Lincoln, even though he is a flat-earther (how silly and wtf???).

I agree Halkatla. I think she's doing a good job. She's confident, intelligent and very pretty. I think most of her guys are what's making it boring. I do question some of her choices but we all have different tastes and let's face it she didn't have much to choose from.

• Love 8

I've noticed that Becca is weighing heavily the "teammate" aspect of the relationship and not the romance/chemistry aspect. Maybe it's because none of these guys do it for her and she's already forced to find the least of the worst, someone she'd like to hang out with.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I've noticed that Becca is weighing heavily the "teammate" aspect of the relationship and not the romance/chemistry aspect. Maybe it's because none of these guys do it for her and she's already forced to find the least of the worst, someone she'd like to hang out with.

Not really forced, she can "choose herself" at the end.  I guess that would make her the most dramatic ever if she were the 1st bachelorette in Bachelorette history to choose no one.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, metalgirl said:

Her mental breakdown after that was so weird and drama queenie. Maybe that type of behavior is why Arie changed his mind.

I remember her mother saying something on the hometown visits in Arie's season that made my antennae stand up: something along the lines of 'I hope we don't have to pick up the pieces again if this doesn't work out'  - if he didn't pick her out of the final four, ie.

I think as she keeps sending the ones I like home (bye Joe! bye manbun Mike! seeya shortly sweet John!), she has probably just got awful taste and therefore will end up with horrid Garret or creepy Colton. (Hope Mom's ready with the handkerchiefs!)

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Colton is threatening to fall into this group for me as well. There is just something about him I don't trust/like.

I have the same feeling about him. I'm curious what the expense ratio is for his charitable foundation.

I like Becca, too. She's confident with her men, like Andi and Rachel, but she is kinder-hearted. I thought it was nice of her to give David his rose early.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Ohwell said:

You make a good point, so I would hope that the producers would tell him to tone down the daughter stuff. 

The same producers who are telling Becca to bring up Arie every freaking chance she gets? Yeah, I wouldn't be too optimistic. They would probably assume the reason women are drawn to him is he's a loving father so they would amp that up considerably.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

The same producers who are telling Becca to bring up Arie every freaking chance she gets? Yeah, I wouldn't be too optimistic. They would probably assume the reason women are drawn to him is he's a loving father so they would amp that up considerably.

Yeesh.  You're probably right.  It's too bad because I really liked him and I liked that he was a loving father but he really needed to tone that down.  The only positive thing I can think of is that since the daughter is a almost couple years older, she won't want her father hovering over her.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, TiredMe said:

He’s mine too. I met him at a con two weeks ago and he was super game for a hug pic. I was planning on being super chill but I honestly think I blacked out seeing that sexy beast in front of me. Lol but I digress, I find Leo to be decent looking and I actually love his hair but he’s no Jason.

Words can't properly describe how jealous I am!! Although I'd probably need 20 drinks and a tranquilizer beforehand... I couldn't even stop shaking meeting a few WWE wrestlers (I know, I know) so I'd probably fully fall apart in front of Momoa.

• Love 6