Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Week 4: Park City, Utah

• Start Topic

Clay's exit revs up the already fierce competition for Becca's heart. The cocktail party continues with a private conversation between the Bachelorette and Blake while an intimate sit-down chat with Jordan ends in a surprise. Two unlucky men do not receive a rose at the next ceremony. The group begins their journey with a trip to Park City, Utah. Becca and her date of the day join celebrated 2006 Olympic bobsled silver medalists Valerie Fleming and Shauna Rohbock for a quick trip down the track.

Airs June 18, 2018.

I will NEVER be able to look at Lincoln with anything other than revulsion and disgust. 

And Jordan looks SOOOOooooo suave without that tie.  

"The beating he took"?  Ya mean the drunken roll out of bed, there Becca? 

It was sweet that she gave David the rose.  Even though David is a tool who loves to bait Jordan.  But Jordan is right, it's a pity rose.  

• Love 14
(edited)

Jordan: "All I know is I'm Captain Underpants and ... (sadly) that's all I've got.""

Me: LMFAO!

7 minutes ago, leighdear said:

"The beating he took"?  Ya mean the drunken roll out of bed, there Becca? 

The beating the bedroom floor gave his face. Too funny that David left his hospital ID on, even though he was dressed in a suit. You know, just to make sure everyone knew he was in hospital.

Who the hell is Track Suit Nick?

Meanwhile, I give my rose to that tall drink of Globetrotter water, whatever his name is. Me likee!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 12

A track suit at a rose ceremony?  What a douchebag Nick is.  

Her dress looks like it's about to fall down.  Good color, just not a good style for her. 

Awww, the 2 guys she didn't pick are cute.  I have no idea who they are, but they're cute.  Buh-bye!

• Love 7
(edited)
7 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Awww, the 2 guys she didn't pick are cute.  I have no idea who they are, but they're cute.  Buh-bye!

Yes, good bye to my blond man-bun hottie. You can make a stop at my house on your way home. At least Long Hair Leo won't be confused about whether you are a man or a woman any more.

I'm sitting here in 100-degree/humidity temps sweating to death and they're going to freaking Park Full-of-Snow City, Utah? I might have to turn the channel. What I wouldn't give for a couple feet of snow to sit in right now. I can't bear to look at it. Well, ANW comes on in a half hour so I'll be gone soon.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 6
(edited)

Jordan must really be desperate for attention. His modelling gigs must not be doing much for him to be so needy & act so stupidly.  

Aaannnnnd there's Becca doing the "Bachelorette Handshake"......aka, jumping at him & wrapping her legs around him.  *LOL*

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, leighdear said:

A track suit at a rose ceremony?  What a douchebag Nick is.  

Her dress looks like it's about to fall down.  Good color, just not a good style for her. 

Man bun Mike and banjo playing Ryan. Have we heard either speak?

• Love 1
Just now, ECM1231 said:

Man bun Mike and banjo playing Ryan. Have we heard either speak?

So that's who those two guys were? Well, no great loss since I don't remember hearing a peep out of either of them. 

I am completely lover David and Jordan's whatever. Sick of them both. 

I can't even with Lincoln anymore. Shame. I really wanted to like him in the beginning. And holy hell? The Earth is flat?!?!?!!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Aaannnnnd there's Becca doing the "Bachelorette Handshake"......aka, jumping at him & wrapping her legs around him.  *LOL*

LOL no kidding! I knew there was a name for it, but seriously. Didn't they arrive in the same vehicle?

2 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Did blond man-bun hottie ever say anything on the show?  Oh well, I hope to see him and the other guy on BIP.

Blond Man-Bun Hottie had one TH last week. His first and last on this show. And Banjo Guy, we never knew ye. Crossing fingers for BIP for both.

• Love 4

And more evidence that Lincoln is a ridiculous producer plant that has horribly backfired on the show runners. 

I just realized who Garrett reminds me of.  Actor David Arquette, who used to be married to Courtney Cox.  Same exaggerated, wide-eyed goggling at everything. 

DA.jpg

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I can't even with Lincoln anymore. Shame. I really wanted to like him in the beginning. And holy hell? The Earth is flat?!?!?!!

Lincoln was dead to me (TM Mr. Wonderful) for the sexual assault thing before he flattened the earth. So, I don't see or hear him any more. And he was my front runner back in episode one. Things change so quickly in Bachelorette Land!

4 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I am completely lover David and Jordan's whatever.

LOL! I think you mean "over." Although some people might be lovin' the David/Jordan connection. (Not me.)

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

LOL! I think you mean "over." Although some people might be lovin' the David/Jordan connection. (Not me.)

hahahaha. I did mean over. Though I do think at least one of them is in love with the other so maybe my keyboard is reading my mind. ha

I just don't like Garrett. He seems phony to me. I know, they all are to some extent, but he seems a bit phonier than your average phony. It's like he thinks he's more adorable than he is. 

Just now, rlc said:

Alright, I’ll admit it. Leo is growing on me. Don’t judge me.

I don't care for men with long hair but if he cut it, I'd totally be into Leo. Great face, and funny as hell. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Mabinogia said:

I don't care for men with long hair but if he cut it, I'd totally be into Leo. Great face, and funny as hell. 

Man bun. Hot. But the long Shirley Temple look with a suit doesn't work for me. Man bun does. How many times do I have to say it Leo?

Oh, god, a commercial about Ashley and Jared doing a SURPRISE PROPOSAL in Paradise. Yeah, big surprise ABC, broadcast it all over the United States why don't you. I guess I can suffer through that if it removes Ashley from my tv screen once and for all. (I know, now she'll be back more than ever. Gah.)

• Love 4

I just can't with the long hair.  Mine is short, and any guy that spends more time, effort and money on his hair than I do on mine is just not my style.  

That being said, Leo does provide pretty good commentary.  But I see him squarely in Becca's friend zone.  

• Love 2

Garrett... a lesbian couple facilitating the bobsled activity... The irony.

I wonder was going through Garrett's mind as he greeted them with a big smile...

• Love 22

She is definitely really into Garrett. He's not my type, but I think they're cute together. They're both very cheerful, wholesome midwestern types and seem to have a nice, comfortable relationship. Plus, he reminds her of home and her dad - that's a done deal IMO.

• Love 10

She attacks life & attacks goals?  Like what?  What does she even do for a living?  Do we even know?  

That dress is seriously ugly and looks like a sack on her.  Those sleeves are ridiculous. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, rlc said:

Alright, I’ll admit it. Leo is growing on me. Don’t judge me.

I'll go further than that. I liked something about him from the jump because he kept getting little snarkies in that led me to believe his wit meant he might have a brain. He killed it in dodge ball, always a good skill for a potential mate to have. Tonight he had his hair pulled back and looked quite human. He seemed to pick up on the fact that Lincoln is an idiot. Quite the list of plusses there.  Leo the Hairy, Wells and Christon Globetrotter are all rather amusing to me. They probably won't last long as they don't appear to be her type.  

• Love 11

"I haven't seen most of these guys in a while" is bachelorette code for "I don't even know who these dudes are". 

John is so earnest and pleasant.  Like a librarian that does kids story hour.  

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, adhoc said:

Garrett... a lesbian couple facilitating the bobsled activity... The irony.

I wonder was going through Garrett's mind as he greeted them with a big smile...

Oh, you're  right. Wanna bet TPTB did that on purpose? I was thinking such cool thoughts about the married lesbians that I totally forgot about Right Wing Garrett.

12 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Garrett reminds her of ... her dad.

That squees me out, and reminds me of the Seinfeld ep where George's girlfriend has a doll that looks just like his mom.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I just can't with the long hair.  Mine is short, and any guy that spends more time, effort and money on his hair than I do on mine is just not my style.  

You do know that all of these guys spend more time getting ready than you do, and I don't mean just hair.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, leighdear said:

This reminds me of the Highland games on Emily's season.  But we got more beefcake then, because they all were wearing kilts!  I enjoyed that. 

Yeah, they were almost tossing the caber. I love Highland Games. A guy could be dog ugly but put a kilt on him and hootchie moma! All of a sudden he's Hot! Maybe add a man bun and I'd be good for a while.

Speaking of man bun, how can Leo do any of those competitions with his hair in his face?

4 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Becca looks good in red. Just wished they would do something with her hair.

Woman bun? LOL!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 3

and he just shoved the other foot in. 

Dude, quite while you're ahead. Bye now

That is probably one of the most awkward moments of this show ever. Did he try to buy her with perfume? Yikes!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Whoops!  Foot firmly stuck in mouth.  He's toast.  

Whoa!  That was quick. 

But he's worried about the perfume.  

Oops! I missed it. Went into kitchen for a sec. She seems super ?.

(edited)
15 hours ago, leighdear said:

This reminds me of the Highland games on Emily's season.  But we got more beefcake then, because they all were wearing kilts!  I enjoyed that. 

Most of the guys on Emily's season were hot - especially Arie.  But then again, I thought Bachelorette contestants Jake Pavelka and Chris Soules were extremely hot too.  And then they had to spoil it becoming, "The Bachelor". Oh well!

Becca excitedly asked, “who gets to go bob sledding?” I hate to break it to her, but in Season Three (2003), Andrew and Kirsten spent their overnight date in Park City, Utah.  And yes, they went bob sledding.  I am going to give her a pass, because she was probably too young to watch the show at the time.

I am glad she sent Jean's arse packing.  "I don't love you; I just said that because I thought that's what you want to hear." Jerk!  

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Well, Becca has the diva streak after all.  I get being pissed off, but jeez girl, get a grip!

I turned over to American Ninja Warrior and missed The Most Drah Matic Event Evah. What happened?

Maybe I'll have to wait for JenE4's recap ...

• Love 2
(edited)

Basically he told her he's in love with her. She said she wasn't there yet with him and seemed a bit uncomfortable. She said he should leave. As they are leaving he said he didn't mean it. He wasn't in love with her. He was basically just telling her what he thought she wanted to hear. Then he brought up the "gift" he gave her, custom perfume. I'm not sure if he wanted it back or felt that her taking it meant he should stay on the show. 

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

What did cologne guy do/say?

Told Becca he was falling in love with her;  when she said back to him that she wasn't there yet with him, he was "oh I'm not really" and she flipped out for him lying and he was sent packing.  And the cocktail party ended awkwardly with no rose given out.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Told Becca he was falling in love with her;  when she said back to him that she wasn't there yet with him, he was "oh I'm not really" and she flipped out for him lying and he was sent packing.  And the cocktail party ended awkwardly with no rose given out.

4 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Basically he told her he's in love with her. She said she wasn't there yet with him and seemed a bit uncomfortable. She said he should leave. As they are leaving he said he didn't mean it. He wasn't in love with her. He was basically just telling her what he thought she wanted to hear. Then he brought up the "gift" he gave her, custom perfume. I'm not sure if he wanted it back or felt that her taking it meant he should stay on the show. 

Thanks!

• Love 2
(edited)

blah, blah, Arie, blah, Arie, blah, blah, blah.....

Jeez, does she ever stop obsessing about Arie?  I honestly don't remember any bachelorette going on & on son constantly about the guy that didn't pick her.   Yeah, they all mention it a bit, but she's just beyond the others. 

Wills is doing fine.  He was a good, calm pick for her date.

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5
(edited)

Beneath the Minnesota heartiness lies a drama queen.     This is so different from normal dating.   Most men don't give a woman some sort of special sympathy and attention if they have an emotional breakdown because of an old boyfriend whom they dated for two months.

Edited by hyacinth
because who and whom
  • Love 4

I agree she should have gotten rid of Cologne Guy, but I like the fact that he owned up to lying in the first place.  Fact is, I don't believe any of these guys are that into Becca.  

• Love 13