Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Fallen World

raven
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Captanne said:

"Standoffish" may not be a term that works for some but I'm not sure I would reduce his responses to just three.  

My impression from that scene was that he reacted badly to her return but it was most certainly neither hatred nor an ignoring of her.  

Maybe "cautious" would work.

• Love 1
(edited)

My take on Amos' Naomi subtext was, "I'm glad your back, but it'll never be the same between us."

Here's my math homework for the next episode:  Clarissa + Amos + Airlock = Awesome.

When's the last time we've glimpsed Avasarala?  Has it been three episodes?  It's about time for her to kick some proto-molecular buttocks.  Or something.

Edited by JZL
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, JZL said:

When's the last time we've glimpsed Avasarala?  Has it been three episodes?  It's about time for her to kick some proto-molecular buttocks.  Or something.

She appeared on the screen a few episodes back ordering the civilian members of the UNN fleet to return to Earth. She made it through a whole speech without dropping any F bombs! Being the Secretary General will do that. I miss her fabulous wardrobe and her foul mouth.

I fear we have seen the last of dear Prax. I hope he is happy being Botanist Dad. 

Edited by marinw
  • Love 1

The effects of zero gravity are so amazingly used on this show. They look so beautiful sometimes, and so horrifying other times, and sometimes both. Especially the shots of blood floating in the in the seeming air, and poor Tillys tears being unable to leave her eyes as she died. The use of real life scientific phenomenons and more obvious science fiction (like the giant vortex everyone is chilling in) both for story, and for memorable visuals, is one of the many things I love about this show. 

"You changed your hair." Oh Naomi, never leave your boys again! They need you!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The effects of zero gravity are so amazingly used on this show.

Agreed.  Came to that conclusion when Evan Argh! Lawson got a round through the head, way back in season 1.  Spectacular!

• Love 2
(edited)

I just had one of those "shower thoughts" realizations.  Anna has never been in space before.  We know this because the doctor has to explain to her how little they can do for the injured in zero gravity.  Despite this, she climbs into a EVA suit and follows Clarissa out into the void of space . . . or whatever that was inside the ring bubble.

Now THAT is a BAMF move.  Anna's mannerisms and speech patterns make it easy to dismiss her as a light-weight, inconsequential person.  But moments like that reveal a steely core.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 4