Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Two Sparrows in a Hurricane

I fast forward through most of the show these days but I try to watch the few characters I like just to see where things might be going and that's why I watched Alannah (cuz she was in scenes with Avery.)

Did they really try to do a  "we woman will get hated by men we reject so of course we have to think of the consequences" with this?  I mean--there's an element of that in how Gunnar is reacting but that's not really the main issue with Alannah hooking up with Avery. The band issues come from both Gunnar and Avery hooking up with another bandmate--the second woman they've both dated.  That's messy as hell even if they were all on their best behavior.

And Avery, Alannah might have decided you're worth it but she isn't.

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

"we woman will get hated by men we reject so of course we have to think of the consequences"

This!!!!!   It is a totally legitimate point but in this case I just don't feel like it had anything to do with the situation they are in.   

56 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

And while he is totally worth it not when he's heartbroken, bored, and lonely.  I mean I love Avery but Alannah knows she's gone after him at a time when he's not ready to make any sort of relationship choices that are healthy ones.  If he was he totally wouldn't be picking Alannah.  

There was no part of tonight's episode that interested me.   

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bybrandy said:

There was no part of tonight's episode that interested me.   

This pretty much sums up how I feel, & I'm guessing the rest of the season is going to be the same. If I have to watch another scene of Gunnar & his stupid hair acting entitled to Alannah, I'm going to throw my TV. If I have to watch one more scene of Scarlett harassing the poor guy (where's the woman who runs the place & kept telling Scarlett to back off?) into singing, I'm going to throw my other TV, & if I have to watch another scene of Jessie being a timid little mouse afraid to stand up to Brad & protect her son, I'm going to buy a TV just to throw it.  

• Love 16

I don't know how the actor who plays Gunnar (I don't remember his name and can't be bothered to look it up) can stand to play such a pathetic sadsack. Even if Avery didn't exist, Alannah would run in the opposite direction just to get away from his please-love-poor-little-me act.

I agree with everyone regarding the lack of interest. The only character who is remotely likeable is Avery.

I can only stand Daphne performing when she does a duet with her sister. I don't get all the gushing over her. Her singing is whiny, mumbly, and boring, and she makes everything sound like a dirge.

• Love 2

I see her name in the above post but I'm going to continue to call her purple hair until she does something to make me give a damn about her. 

Yay she is going to have a storyline with another new character that no one cares about. Eye roll. She isn't just hooking up with two guys that are friends she is hooking up with two people she has a working relationship with. So was she saying she thought about the consequences ie the band imploding and didn't give a shit or Avery and Gunners friendship being tarnished and didn't give a shit. And when did Gunner become a stage 5 clinger. He used to have his dick around to every woman that comes in his orbit. Oh right when CMT picked up the show and decided that hate Gunner\Sam. 

Sup Will. Hope you enjoyed your 3 minutes of screen time. 

Maybe I would have cared more about the story sad cowboy (seriously who the hell are all these new people.) Scarlett if I actually cared about the character. I don't know you I dont care it's too late in the series to get me to invest in new people. There are only 8(?) episodes left. Let's wrap up our main characters.

While I don't care about new people I am dreading the inevitable fat shamming of that poor kid in Daphne's SL. 

Not really any Maddie which is always a plus. I realized that I get a little uncomfortable looking at her. Lennon went full Hollywood in her look. For a girl so young to change so drastically is sad. She went to Kardashian route instead of a more natural beautiful one. Don't know what Bert post show plans are but I don't think she will achieve them.

Looks like Deacon and his girlfriend broke up. I think. I don't know whatever it is it won't be permanent. 

So according to the 2 perview videos for the hole season 

Spoiler

Juliette finds out shes preggo tries to leave gets snatching. Finally leaves and starts a war to bring down the cult. And I'm assuming squeezes Avery and Cadence in there. All in the remaining episodes. This show has no idea what it's doing.

• Love 3

How I used to love this show.   Now, how I hate this show.   Other than Deacon, I cannot stand any of them.  And Deacon is on shaky ground right now.   The writers are just terrible.  As said above, why should we care about any of these newbies?  Cannot stand the purple hair girl, or Daphne, or pitful military guy.   And Scarlett, good God, she's just insufferable.  GAH..I was trying to hang in until the end, but Jeebus….I don't think I can.

• Love 5

I like Will, I like Avery, I like Deacon, I like Daphne.  I don't like a single story any of them are in.   And while last season I didn't like Juliette I'm prepared to like her again for not being Purple hair...  but if this turns out her returning home and Avery having to beg forgiveness for anything he did when she totally abandoned him for the umpteenth time in their relationship she will be back on my I hate train.

• Love 14

I can’t believe how bad these storylines are. I can’t. And the worst thing is that I don’t care. I remember hating the Maddie emancipation story but at least I had energy to write about it- none of these stories make me care one bit to say anything.

• Love 4

On the upside, almost no Maddie! Also on the upside, lots of Daphne being lovely! (She's a MUCH better musician than her sister.) On the downside.... everything else? That "war story" scene was terrrrrible. Just embarrassing. And now this idiot's going to convince Scarlett she should try round FOUR of being a famous performer? Please spare us. Also, I don't believe Avery would do what he did. Even though Gunnar lied and pretended he wasn't into it and the breakup was mutual, Avery knows that's bullshit considering Gunnar's reactions last week!

• Love 5

This show breaks my heart more each week. Last night was so painfully boring that I loaded the freaking dishwasher during it. The storylines are just so disjointed. These writers just didn't give a damn. Even my husband, who only watched all the seasons on Hulu last month for the first time said, "There is no way Avery would date that purple hair chick." 

I love Daphne, but I can't understand a word she says when she's singing. I did enjoy seeing Deacon a little weepy over Rayna. And I hope the break-up sticks. Not that I don't want him to move on, but there is too much drama with Jessie. 

And the whole Scarlett storyline seems like it's not even part of the show. It's like watching an unrelated commercial in the midst of the episode. As insufferable as she is, I'd much rather see her and Gunnar mind-screwing each other.

I was so excited to see that Juliette will appear in the next episode. But I totally agree with the above poster who said Avery better not have to apologize. He's done NOTHING but be there for her and raise their daughter. She should be kissing the ground he walks on. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, deacondahling said:

I was so excited to see that Juliette will appear in the next episode. But I totally agree with the above poster who said Avery better not have to apologize. He's done NOTHING but be there for her and raise their daughter. She should be kissing the ground he walks on. 

I don't think Avery will have to apologize to Juliette. Just the opposite, in fact. I think Juliette will end up apologizing for abandoning them and begging Avery to take her back. Again. That's the pattern. Avery will resist, stuff will happen, and he'll finally take her back during the last ep of the season. 

What bugged me about this ep is that it felt like filler until Juliette comes back. All of the storylines are moving so slowly and they're about people we don't care about. I ended up fast forwarding through some of everyone's storylines. I like Daphne and I was somewhat interested in the talent contest but it became all about Rayna again, and I am so tired of another storyline where Daphne deals with the loss of her mom. Not that I don't believe she would still be dealing with it, but that I'm sick of watching it on TV. Scarlett's storyline is just weird. It confuses me. I feel like she's on a different show. Does she ever interact with the other main characters anymore? Deacon is just a dad now. Remember when he was a sexy guitar player, always writing music and playing somewhere? And I do not like Jessie at all. I feel like she's incredibly weak and sounds like she's about to cry every time she talks.

And Alanna, ugh. That whole storyline drives me nuts. Gunnar, grow a spine. Learn the signals. She hasn't been that into you for a long time. Avery, why do you want to be with someone who strung poor Gunnar along? And Alanna, what a hypocrite. Yes, sometimes guys have a hard time letting go when you break up with them. But if she wasn't interested in him, and he was clearly falling in love, she needed to break up with him a lot earlier because she was just encouraging him, giving him hope.

Anyway, I'm glad Juliette is back next week. Her absense is huge. She drives storylines and brings an energy to the show that's lacking now, imo. And I realized that as much as I like Avery, what I really like is him sparring with Juliette.

• Love 6

I can’t stand purple hair. She all feminist talk while playing games and wanting to screw two friends and band mates at once. Gunnar is acting out of character and I don’t believe Avery would be interested in her.

I hope nothing bad will happen to Daphne. What happened to the girl’s voices? I have seen them sing live and they used to enunciate. Nowa the words are blurry.

Hope that Deacon doesn’t end up killing Jessie’s horrid husband, I wouldn’t put it past this show to go there.

Zero interest in Scarlett’s pet project.

• Love 6

Yes, both Stella sisters do an affectation with their voices that blur all the consonants together. At least the younger one doesn't also do that faked vocal fry affectation as well. I hope she doesn't start.

• Love 4

I don’t know. It’s just so hard to care about anything going on in this show and then... you remember this is the last season and we should be caring about what is happening and how this final season is going to end. But none of these stories feel end worthy in the slightest. 

• Love 4

I still care about the show and am apparently the only person posting here who does. That said, I’ve sort of lost the enthusiasm I had for Jessie and hope her breakup with Deacon sticks, although I’m not holding my breath. And while I am a fan of Alannah as a singer, I’m not wild about her storyline. Maybe she’ll sign with Brad and that will be the end of that. 

I got a little misty whe Daphne sang that song for her mom. I didn’t know that was the story behind it when I heard it before the episode and totally pegged it as being about Rayna. I loved the three of them bonding after she finished. 

• Love 5

I still care about the show and want to care about the storylines but "they" are making it difficult.  I don't like the custody fight with Jessie and Brad, and think it's ridiculous for Deacon to finance it.  The Alannah/Gunnar/Avery triangle storyline, makes all of them look bad.  Friends, and especially friends who are also band-mates should not treat each other like that.  Avery, you do not have to open the door every time Alannah shows up unannounced at your house.   I hate-watch the Scarlett scenes.  She cheers on Sean (her pet charity project) as if he were her child at his first talent show. 

Looking forward to the Juliette vs the Cult is not something I thought I would ever say, but that's what I have to look forward to evidently. 

There has never been a time when I didn't want to see Deacon getting more screen time.  But if all we get is daddy-Deacon or Jessie's boyfriend-Deacon( or even worse, broke up with Jessie-Deacon, then maybe that's not a Deacon I want to see.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, seewillrun said:

I still care about the show and want to care about the storylines but "they" are making it difficult.  I don't like the custody fight with Jessie and Brad, and think it's ridiculous for Deacon to finance it.  The Alannah/Gunnar/Avery triangle storyline, makes all of them look bad.  Friends, and especially friends who are also band-mates should not treat each other like that.  Avery, you do not have to open the door every time Alannah shows up unannounced at your house.   I hate-watch the Scarlett scenes.  She cheers on Sean (her pet charity project) as if he were her child at his first talent show. 

Looking forward to the Juliette vs the Cult is not something I thought I would ever say, but that's what I have to look forward to evidently. 

There has never been a time when I didn't want to see Deacon getting more screen time.  But if all we get is daddy-Deacon or Jessie's boyfriend-Deacon( or even worse, broke up with Jessie-Deacon, then maybe that's not a Deacon I want to see.

This! I want to care about this show and the stories but it’s hard to when this is how they are choosing to end it. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, deacondahling said:

Avery better not have to apologize. He's done NOTHING but be there for her and raise their daughter. She should be kissing the ground he walks on. 

THIS!  

Shut up, Purple Hair.

Sigh, Gunnar's hair.  When did he become so soft? (Not that his hair looks soft, mind you)

Run from Alanna, Avery.  You have no use for her.  

Don't care about Jessie.  Deacon is better on his own.  I guess I can't see him with anyone but Rayna. 

• Love 3

Does the show want us to hate Alannah? My guess is they don't (she's not an obvious villain like producer ex) but sheesh. I hate her, and I liked her initially, at least her voice and energy onstage with the guys.

But that speech was total self-serving bullshit - nope, honey, it's actually NOT worth it to break up the band that invited you in just for a shot with the married guy! I mean, really, there's no larger picture here for her? And THEN to betray them by possibly signing as a solo artist because YOU ruined said band? Holy crap, I really have no words for how awful she is. Why the heck does Avery have a shred of interest in her?

And Ugh, Maisy, please enunciate. 

• Love 9

I think I'd be less annoyed by the purple hair storyline if it made any kind of sense to me. Why did she want to sleep with Gunner again? He was into her and she was just like, yeah sure why not? And why is she into Avery now? Did I blink during all of their scenes of growing attraction? And Will had a weird heart attack that he was lying to everyone about because of his steroid abuse, and now everyone is a lot more concerned about who purple hair is into? I can't even with all of this. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, CrystalMoon said:

Scarlett's storyline is just weird. It confuses me. I feel like she's on a different show. Does she ever interact with the other main characters anymore?

It's like she's in a different climate, too. She's bundled up in scarves and toboggans like she's hiking the frozen tundra while everyone else is dressed for fall or early spring with pants and long sleeves. It's odd.

I want Brad to have a tragic accident in which part of his X Factor rip-off set falls and crushes him to death. He's a garbage person.

• Love 17
(edited)

I couldn't summon the energy to post last night. This was one of the worst episodes ever, and that's saying something.

The only way the storyline with Daphne should end is with her calling out Brad on live tv as a jerk who's playing the audience. And then Jake grows a pair and testifies against bad dad Brad in court.  But knowing these writers, it won't happen. He makes me miss Jeff Fordham. :/

I hate the new characters. We didn't need them. Send purple hair off with PTSD and I'm good. They totally dropped the storyline about his wife and baby. Oh, and let Scarlett get kicked by a horse. Gunner needs to stop swiping right. 

Edited by dbell1
Brad is not a brand. Thankfully
  • Love 9

Damn it, there is still stuff I like about this show I like! There are still characters I like! And yet, there are just stupid plots and boring characters attacking me from all angles at all times! Its driving me up the freaking wall! I know I want to finish the show off, but I might have to start fast forwarding through the endless scenes of characters I dont care about doing things that I care about even less. 

Alanna is a good singer, but a lousy character. Her rant about women having to be careful with rejecting men they spend time with might have been a good speech, except its totally ignoring the context of what is actually going on. Alanna got super flirty and kissy with two guys in her band! She probably would have flirted with Will too if he wasn't gay. I might feel more for her, but she is just a plot device with purple hair now, to make drama for the bro squad. 

That being said, Avery and Gunnar are to blame for this too. Lord knows its time for Avery to move on from hot mess Juliette, but this has been an absolutely terrible idea from day one, and he shouldn't have gotten involved with his bandmate who his friend also had a thing for. And he knows how Gunnar is! Gunnar can be such a cry baby drama llama, and he handles girl troubles horribly. Like, take a chill pill, dude. She clearly isnt into you anymore. 

I do love Daphne and Deacon bonding though. When the Clayborne/Conrad family is together and being supportive and sweet, I like the show so much more. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, gesundheit said:

Yes, both Stella sisters do an affectation with their voices that blur all the consonants together. At least the younger one doesn't also do that faked vocal fry affectation as well. I hope she doesn't start.

I don't remember Daphne being so hard to understand before this season. Maddie definitely has been for several years now, but Daphne always seemed much more understandable. I am not a fan of the change.

I do like Daphne a lot more than Maddie, and I feel bad that Brad is exploiting her on the show. Although I'm surprised no one in the audience would have figured out who Daphne was before he asked her. Daphne performed at Rayna's shows a few times, but more than that, she has the same last name as the former Nashville mayor that got arrested a couple years ago.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, CrystalMoon said:

if she wasn't interested in him, and he was clearly falling in love, she needed to break up with him a lot earlier because she was just encouraging him, giving him hope.

THIS!!!!! Thank Christ, somebody else finally said it!

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎14 at 8:49 PM, Irlandesa said:

Every rationalization she made was complete and utter BS; stringing Gunner along like that and throwing herself at Avery shows she's nothing more than a selfish, immature c**t. I'll be shocked if she actually turns down Brad's offer to go solo'

• Love 3

I didn't find Daphne that hard to understand; maybe it was a conscious decision on Maisie's part as a means to portray the emotional difficulty of performing such a personal song?

Things I liked:

1.Sean calling out Scarlett for being the one who's living in the past. Early in the episode she said something to the effect that he had to be a singer/songwriter because he was good at it and he clearly had something to say. I thought, hold on Scarlett, that's bullshit and you know it, because you were pushed the exact same way and you constantly say that you didn't want it and it wasn't meant to be, so why is it ok to push him?

2.Dagger-eyes Deacon giving Brad the death-stare while hugging the girls after Daphne finished her song-if looks could kill he would be burned to a crisp!

3.Daphne's song was decent. More enjoyable than much of the crap the show has produced this season.

That's pretty much it, everything else sucked donkeys.

• Love 2

Show sucker-punched me. Here I am thinking, oh wow, thank goodness, Gunnar and Avery are talking it out like mature man friends. ....but no. Don't buy Avery's attraction to absurd Alannah one bit. Her quixotic monologues about how she totally hearts him while she leers him up and down like a piece of prime rib are just gross.

Scarlett needs to be kicked out of that equine therapy program pronto! Cuz yeah, who could predict a young man might get the wrong idea when you stalk him around the place, take him out on solo outings, and focus your attention on him. Oh, and I must have missed the episode when she got her counseling degree and learned just how hard you should push a PTSD patient. Horseguy had a decent voice, but dammit show, we've got a couple episodes left and I do not need any singing time taken up by new characters.   

• Love 12
On 6/15/2018 at 2:01 AM, GaT said:

Jessie being a timid little mouse afraid to stand up to Brad & protect her son

So much THIS! WTF is wrong with this woman and why would deacon want any part of her? 

• Love 4

Brad's an abusive asshole who is using his money and influence to control the situation. There's not much Jessie can do. She's trying to retain custody of her son. It's a very realistic situation--one that I lived through as a child.

• Love 5

I still like the show (I think) or I could be hanging on for the characters I love.  I'm not even sure at this point.  I've loved every incarnation of Avery - from the snarky, fame-crazed dude who shit on his band to lost-it-all/self-aware Avery to Juliette's roadie and best friend (I LOVED THAT PERIOD SO MUCH) to Juliette/Avery as a pairing.  I shipped that couple so hard but I'm not sure there's anything left of them to ship.  Last season was blah in general but I sooo loved seeing them together and happy as a pairing (rando ep of Juliette being jealous of gospel singer chick notwithstanding).  But the shit this season?  With Juliette rolling out on her family to Bolivia for that cult?  I just feel wiped out.  What I'm saying is that I actually kinda like Avery with Alannah.  They have some chemistry and it's nice to see Avery smile and laugh a little.  I think the Gunnar aspect is fucked up but I chalk it up to Avery being vulnerable and sad and lonely.  It's not right, but it's understandable.  He's been left by Juliette so many times; I'm legit shocked that poor Cadence doesn't think Emily and Avery are her parents at this point.  I really can't blame him for reaching out to someone who is there for him right now.

I wish I could drum up more of an interest in the other stories.  Scarlett and the PTSD singer barely register for me.  Will's steroid story is a blip.  Maddie Kardashian is blech and I'm just tapping my foot, waiting for her to dump CountryBieber for the best friend.  Daphne is a sweetie and I love her voice, so that's something.  The family stuff with Deacon, I like.  Jessie and Deacon should split so she can keep her kid.  But I just don't care.

I watched this show largely for Avery/Juliette, Avery/Gunnar/Will bromance, Jeff's craziness (RIP Jeff), and Rayna with Deacon and the girls.  I feel like I'm barely hanging on at this point.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Her quixotic monologues about how she totally hearts him while she leers him up and down like a piece of prime rib are just gross.

This. She still totally grosses me out. You mean to tell me she couldn't find any other option more suitable than the married best friend and co-band mate of your hookup? Soooo skeevy. I start to think every time she pops up on screen that's she has a very punchable face--the only other character that has made me feel like that was Maddie in her brattiest days. 

• Love 7
On 16-6-2018 at 3:51 AM, legxleg said:

I think I'd be less annoyed by the purple hair storyline if it made any kind of sense to me. Why did she want to sleep with Gunner again? He was into her and she was just like, yeah sure why not? And why is she into Avery now? Did I blink during all of their scenes of growing attraction? And Will had a weird heart attack that he was lying to everyone about because of his steroid abuse, and now everyone is a lot more concerned about who purple hair is into? I can't even with all of this. 

I think TPTB are trying to portray Purple Hair as the female version of guys in a band, who'll sleep with anything that is interested in them. Her little speech about how it's different for women in such a situation seems to be part of that. But unfortunately Gunner is written as such an idiot that I can't imagine her wanting him around more than necessary (i.e. practice and performance) especially when he's being all needy and constantly hinting at wanting more than she obviously wants. Observing Avery and seeing how he's dealing with Juliette and Cadence is something that really seems to appeal to her. I'm not sure if she's ever had a good relationship, as in someone who treated her as an equal and cared about her the way she cared about them, and we're supposed to think that she can tell Avery is a good guy and she wants that for herself.

• Love 2
On 17-6-2018 at 2:17 AM, Sake614 said:

So much THIS! WTF is wrong with this woman and why would deacon want any part of her? 

Perhaps he likes the feeling of being needed and capable of offering her protection? That's one of the few things Rayna wasn't and it's always been clear that he was far more dependent on Rayna than she was on him.

It's weird though that Deacon sort of fell for Jessie after hearing her sing and appearing to at least be emotionally stable and now she's such a mess. Their whirlwind romance just doesn't have the foundation/continuance to make sense or make me root for them.

And him financing her custody battle under the pretext of feeling guilty for getting her into more trouble is ridiculous considering the amount he's quoted and the fact that up until very recently, Highway 65 wasn't doing that great financially so it's not like he's got millions in the bank.

20 hours ago, A.Ham said:

This. She still totally grosses me out. You mean to tell me she couldn't find any other option more suitable than the married best friend and co-band mate of your hookup? Soooo skeevy. I start to think every time she pops up on screen that's she has a very punchable face--the only other character that has made me feel like that was Maddie in her brattiest days. 

Didn't Juliette and Avery get a divorce during the Jeff days? When she was boozing it up? He got sole custody in return for letting her break the news how and when she wanted. And then they sort of reconciled just prior to her plane crash, but they didn't get remarried.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Efzee said:

Didn't Juliette and Avery get a divorce during the Jeff days? When she was boozing it up? He got sole custody in return for letting her break the news how and when she wanted. And then they sort of reconciled just prior to her plane crash, but they didn't get remarried.

Ah! Totally forgot. I stand corrected. I still find it squicky.

Also I think avery and Juliette started wearing their rings again when the show started on cmt. No one talked about it or mentioned it. So.. yeah.

Also it feels like the show has recycled a lot of past stories, not only are we getting a terrible recycled avery and gunner fighting over a girl again, but Scarlett’s story is her helping a wounded bird who should be singing, remember when she had this story back in season 2? 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also I think avery and Juliette started wearing their rings again when the show started on cmt. No one talked about it or mentioned it. So.. yeah.

Also it feels like the show has recycled a lot of past stories, not only are we getting a terrible recycled avery and gunner fighting over a girl again, but Scarlett’s story is her helping a wounded bird who should be singing, remember when she had this story back in season 2? 

Yes, that is a recycled story about Terry the homeless guy. I hope this one ends better. Terry ran off the stage and started drinking again that somehow made Scarlett realize she needed to perform again. I really hope this one is different. 

As for Juliette and Avery, I saw ain interview with Marshall Herskovitz last year and he was asked about whether J&A were married. He said they were divorced and still are divorced. But the actors wanted to wear their wedding rings and he said okay. I got the sense that he didn't realize how much confusion it would cause. So yeah, they're divorced.

• Love 2

Well, I finally caught up with all the second season episodes. I dislike most of the story lines. I cannot believe they would run a story , again, with Gunnar and a girl that does;t give a shit about him. And Saint Avery loses his crown. Less than 24 hours after Gunnar says they are over its okay to give in to Alannah. And, Avery is naive to the hard come on she has been giving him?? Poorly done story line.

I do like the Daphne story line. Brad is such a sleaze bag. He is doing a great part with the role. Pushing everyones buttons to the max. He is a character you love to hate.

I am looking forward to Juliette's story line playing out.

The rest, ugh. I fast forward through most of the shows to get to the Daphne story line.

• Love 1
On 6/17/2018 at 10:25 AM, A.Ham said:

My opinion of Ms Purple Hair is that she's a slut. Run, guys, RUN!

• Love 1

Is there no forum for the 6/21 episode? That bad? (I tried to start one but my PTV has all sorts of weird code and stuff, I never get the regular graphics so it got rejected because of something I couldn't see, I'm sure)

8 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

Is there no forum for the 6/21 episode? That bad? (I tried to start one but my PTV has all sorts of weird code and stuff, I never get the regular graphics so it got rejected because of something I couldn't see, I'm sure

Done.  I've been waiting around all morning for someone to start it, instead of just doing it myself!  Queen of Procrastination!  LOL

• Love 2

Okay, Gunnar has always had his issues, but when he become such a colossal jerk?  I get it that he's upset about seeing Avery and Alanna together, but (a) you'd think he just might be glad that he found out what Alanna was like before he got any further into her and (b) I don't give a damn how much your poor little feelings have been hurt, you don't leave the stage in the middle of a performance unless you're dying.  If the guys let him come back to the band, he better count his lucky stars because that crap was just so far over the line, it's not even funny.  Gunnar needs some serious professional help right now.

Don't like Avery with Alanna, but I do still love Avery.  Who'd have thought at the beginning that he would end up the most steady, solid and likeable person on the show?

I get why Jessie feels she can't take on Brad.  She doesn't have money, and he was able to throw her under the bus in the divorce, so she now has a 'record' of being unstable.  That's a very tough uphill climb.  But I'm at the point where I want her to just grab her son and take off.  The longer she lets Brad fuck their kid up, the harder it's going to be for him to ever recover.

I generally like Daphne, but I am so over bratty kids who know their parents have made mistakes and had to learn the hard way but still absolutely refuse to give them any credit for knowing what they're talking about.  We had Maddie get mixed up with the rapist manager, and now Daphne is being exploited on a stupid reality show.  I was really hoping she would refuse to mention her mother on air.  But no.

And Maddie needs to pull her head out of her butt, recognize that Bieberwannabe is a douche, and hook up with his friend, the one who actually seems to care about her and respect her.  

This is probably going to be hard to believe, but I actually do still like the show.  Or maybe it's that I still have affection for most of the characters?  But I am frustrated by some of these ridiculous story lines.  Honestly, the writers need to understand that to balance out all the melodrama, there needs to be at least one healthy, happy relationship.  There has to be.  Because no one really wants to spend an hour each week watching a bunch of people be completely miserable.  From time to time there have been hints - Deacon and Rayna were a good couple for a bit, Scarlett and Gunnar were a good couple for a bit, Juliette and Avery were a good couple for a bit.  But they never allowed any of them to stay that way.  It's one thing to have a relationship hit a snag they have to work together to get past, but that's not what the show does.  The show just dumps on them and makes them be awful to each other.  Just one healthy adult relationship - is that really too much to ask?

Finally, I am actually looking forward to seeing Juliette come back and go after that cult.  That, if done right, could be hella fine entertainment!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LadyMustang65 said:

I get why Jessie feels she can't take on Brad.  She doesn't have money, and he was able to throw her under the bus in the divorce, so she now has a 'record' of being unstable.  That's a very tough uphill climb.  But I'm at the point where I want her to just grab her son and take off.  The longer she lets Brad fuck their kid up, the harder it's going to be for him to ever recover.

That kid is also old enough that I have a hard time understanding why the idea of him testifying at a custody hearing was a complete nonstarter for her without even having a conversation with him about it. He clearly doesn't like spending time with his dad and feels like he has no control over his situation, so he might welcome the opportunity to have his feelings taken into consideration. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Bubbles said:

That kid is also old enough that I have a hard time understanding why the idea of him testifying at a custody hearing was a complete nonstarter for her without even having a conversation with him about it. He clearly doesn't like spending time with his dad and feels like he has no control over his situation, so he might welcome the opportunity to have his feelings taken into consideration. 

He also didn’t seem to have too much trouble blasting his dad in that spoken word thing at the talent show. Clearly Jessie doesn’t know how outspoken he can be about his life. I think he could hold his own just fine in a courtroom. Plus, isn’t he old enough to have some say?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, piratewench said:

He also didn’t seem to have too much trouble blasting his dad in that spoken word thing at the talent show. Clearly Jessie doesn’t know how outspoken he can be about his life. I think he could hold his own just fine in a courtroom. Plus, isn’t he old enough to have some say?

Yeah.. that was an odd moment for me too. Because their kid is at the age when he can properly express how he feels to a court and jury and in fact, he should. Brad makes the son feel terrible constantly and therefore if the kid goes up on the stand and says as much, it would hold weight. I don’t get it either but I’m assuming it’s so there could be a roadblock for Jessie and Deacon until the last episodes.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah.. that was an odd moment for me too. Because their kid is at the age when he can properly express how he feels to a court and jury and in fact, he should. Brad makes the son feel terrible constantly and therefore if the kid goes up on the stand and says as much, it would hold weight. I don’t get it either but I’m assuming it’s so there could be a roadblock for Jessie and Deacon until the last episodes.

Agreed. But the #MeToo stuff they needed extras for close to the end of filming is what I really think puts an end to Brad’s reign of terror and opens the door for any Deacon/Jessie reunion, which is still where I think we end up. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, piratewench said:

Agreed. But the #MeToo stuff they needed extras for close to the end of filming is what I really think puts an end to Brad’s reign of terror and opens the door for any Deacon/Jessie reunion, which is still where I think we end up. 

That makes sense. But it just does seem like a lot of stalling to get there. Like I know brad is so big and bad and that’s why he got full custody of his and Jessie’s son)(didn’t he like have an affair with the nanny and the nanny will say jessie is crazy and a drinker or something?)  but as we have a stated the son doesn’t appear to like brad and could go on the stand and probably should because it would help the case. And I’m not sure abg Jessie is protecting him from, it seems like he is in a depressed state living with brad full time. Didn’t Jessie complain about it? I don’t understand.

13 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

That makes sense. But it just does seem like a lot of stalling to get there. Like I know brad is so big and bad and that’s why he got full custody of his and Jessie’s son)(didn’t he like have an affair with the nanny and the nanny will say jessie is crazy and a drinker or something?)  but as we have a stated the son doesn’t appear to like brad and could go on the stand and probably should because it would help the case. And I’m not sure abg Jessie is protecting him from, it seems like he is in a depressed state living with brad full time. Didn’t Jessie complain about it? I don’t understand.

I think that’s all true. But she’s admittedly scared of everything and she likely has no confidence in anything working.