Type keyword(s) to search

The Kit Carson Before Your Time All-Star Jeopardy Orchestra featuring the Good For You Rhythm Section and the Women Authors Singers. With the No Boo Hiss Players and the Alber Camoo Dancers

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, opus said:

Can these be our mascots?

OMGosh, those are the best. You guys are rocking this thread. I feel like a moron, I've contributed nothing but my mad skillz as an Alber Camoo Dancer.

• Love 3

Tonight is grilled kabobs. Chicken, beef, shrimp and portobello mushrooms with the usual onions, mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes etc. There will be saffron rice and grilled asparagus. If you don’t like the veggies I brought feel free to stop at the store on your way to practice and get whatever you’d like. I’ll make some meringues on which we can load marinated berries and whipped cream for desert. It’s 97* so I’ll bring some wine...a chilled rosé would probably match most of these foods but feel free to bring others or an ice cold beer. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Is there room for a xylophone in the band? I’ll start working on “Hello!” from The Book of Mormon. :) 

I’ll also bring Girl Scout cookies for the snack table!

Edited by JeezumCrow
Missing apostrophe
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Shout out to @Good Queen Jane as the percussion member of our orchestra. The Triangle was an answer tonight and that’s part of your section. 

And my best instrument too!

And welcome, @JeezumCrow, to the percussion section. The xylophone and its ilk were the instruments I could never master.

• Love 4

Hello It's Me by Todd Rundgren, Hello Dolly by Louis Armstrong

I am in a cooking mood - anyone up for jambalaya? I usually make it with sausage & chicken, but can also make a batch of shrimp. And I'll throw in some bread pudding - bourbon & chocolate sauces on the side - and Abita beer. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, opus said:

I see we've released our first single

I see the record company shortened our name. I guess that's okay since our band is gold, Jerry, gold I tell you. Our lead singer sounds pretty good, too, and the video contains Jeopardy clues/answers! Great find Opus.

19 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

And some manicotti.

Hopefully, most of us will be able to find it on Mindthinkr's buffet table. We might need a photo to guide us to it.

On 6/19/2018 at 12:26 PM, Writing Wrongs said:

My tambourine skills are between Davy Jones and Tracy from The Partridge Family level. Can I join?

On 6/19/2018 at 9:59 PM, JeezumCrow said:

Is there room for a xylophone in the band?

Welcome to our tambourine and xylophone players!

Mindthinkr, your food skillz are MAD! Your menu tops my lunch of Fritos straight from the bag.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/15/2018 at 6:52 AM, Mindthinkr said:

For desert I’ll do two cakes. 

Since this thread is somewhat related to Jeopardy and our attendant nitpickyness, it's always helpful to remember that desserts is stressed spelled backwards.

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I like Walker’s crisps, but I prefer Galaxy chocolate to Cadbury’s.

Sorry about that, though I do have to 'fess up to a half-finished bag of Minstrels.  If you promise not to tell anyone, I'll bring them for the two of us to share.

7 minutes ago, Brookside said:

though I do have to 'fess up to a half-finished bag of Minstrels.  If you promise not to tell anyone, I'll bring them for the two of us to share.

If you share your Minstrels with me, I will be your BFF!  I love those things (and I generally don't even like milk chocolate!). 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

It took me a second to realize you weren't talking to yourself -- Browncoat, Brookside. :D

Can't speak for Browncoat (or maybe I can?), but I have been known to do that.

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Brookside said:

If you promise not to tell anyone, I'll bring them for the two of us to share.

Sorry. Busted. Now you have to share with everyone.

3 hours ago, peeayebee said:

It took me a second to realize you weren't talking to yourself -- Browncoat, Brookside. :D

At least one of you Bs has to get a real avatar. There is enough confusion on this thread.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Oh, but where's the fun in that?  LOL

If you use Browncoat and I use Redcoat (which fits my heritage), maybe the fun would continue.  Or maybe not, though we could have the beginnings of a theme for a future orchestra gathering.

TWP.jpg

• Love 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, peeayebee said:
18 hours ago, saber5055 said:

At least one of you Bs has to get a real avatar. 

Don't be rude.

To quote Browncoat, "Where's the fun in that?" Hey, I didn't name them!

Do we get a weekend rehearsal luncheon Mindthinkr?

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
(edited)
45 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Do we get a weekend rehearsal luncheon Mindthinkr?

On the quick I can offer half of a ripe (not mushy) avocado stuffed with your choice of either chicken salad or shrimp salad. Chocolate mousse for dessert. I would suggest that we pair it with a Sauvignon Blanc. Would that suit you Saber? 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Grammar
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Would that suit you Saber? 

Oh, yes. It's a wonderful and delicious upgrade from my breakfast of coffee, and Frosted Mini Wheats eaten directly from the box. I will have the energy to dance and play the piano at the same time now! Thanks, Mindthinkr!

• Love 1

Deviled eggs, pimento cheese bites, pulled pork sandwiches (eastern N.C. version) and cream puffs for dessert. (On the dessert I like to add Kaluha to whipped cream to fill them rather than a vanilla cream. I will also make some with a strawberry filling for those who don’t do alcohol...they’re like mini strawberry shortcakes). 

• Love 4
(edited)

I was at the grocery yesterday and saw a box of "charcuterie." Thanks to this thread, and Mindthinkr, I knew what it was. Yeay for me!

I'll start my main course with those cream puffs, Mindthinkr. Then dessert will be one of those North Carolina pulled pork sandwiches with a deviled egg on top.

If this keeps up, I won't be able to fit in my Alber Camoo dance outfit. Or I'll have to add more fringe.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4

Tonight we are have sliders with all the fixings and potato salad. Dessert will be a good old fashioned apple pie with vanilla ice cream if you want it a la mode. 

For all of you that worry about weight gain...I will come up with a low calorie/carb menu for tomorrow night. 

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

For all of you that worry about weight gain...I will come up with a low calorie/carb menu for tomorrow night. 

We need more marching band practice. Hauling that piano around the rehearsal area for a couple hours will help with my slider sides.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I was at the grocery yesterday and saw a box of "charcuterie." Thanks to this thread, and Mindthinkr, I knew what it was. Yeay for me!

I'll start my main course with those cream puffs, Mindthinkr. Then dessert will be one of those North Carolina pulled pork sandwiches with a deviled egg on top.

If this keeps up, I won't be able to fit in my Alber Camoo dance outfit. Or I'll have to add more fringe.

Don't worry about it, the outfits are very forgiving.  You'll see what I mean when we all meet up.

• Love 3

I'm hoping for grilled burgers or brats, my mom's potato salad (from the back of the Hellman's label), and corn on the cob.  Dessert can be Oreos.  Hey, I don't have gourmet tastes, but I like good food.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, PaulaO said:

I'm hoping for grilled burgers or brats, my mom's potato salad (from the back of the Hellman's label), and corn on the cob.  Dessert can be Oreos.  Hey, I don't have gourmet tastes, but I like good food.

I did burgers last night and potato salad. I’ll check to see if there are any leftovers for you. Sorry I don’t have a Hellman’s label to see if our salads are similar. 

We all like good food! 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, PaulaO said:

I'm normally an Oreo purist (with the exceptions of lemon & hazelnut), but the peanut butter pie ones almost jumped into my buggy Monday. I will bring those and promise to share. I think.

Edited by Toothbrush

Let’s try this menu today. Fried chicken, corn on the cob, Cole slaw and green beans. Dessert will be brownies. We still have some leftover ice cream so they can be done a la mode if desired. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Browncoat said:

Sounds yummy!  Can we have at least one batch of the brownies without nuts, please?

Absolutely. I’m happy to entertain requests. I do this to please everyone and if y’all don’t step up and tell me what you do or don’t like then I’m winging it. 

Edited by Mindthinkr

Tonight is chicken and sausage gumbo served over rice. I’ll have Tabasco but if you prefer another hot sauce please bring it. I make it semi-spicey but with so many of us having different tastes you might need to amp up the level of heat in your individual bowl. A nice tangy lemon meringue pie for desert. 

• Love 3