Type keyword(s) to search

The Kit Carson Before Your Time All-Star Jeopardy Orchestra featuring the Good For You Rhythm Section and the Women Authors Singers. With the No Boo Hiss Players and the Alber Camoo Dancers

• Start Topic

Incidentally, having watched "The Great British Baking Show", what "nationality" is the meringue in a lemon meringue pie? Apparently, there's French meringue, Italian meringue and Swiss meringue--all different. I think it's Swiss, but there may be other "nationalities" out there.

On 7/1/2018 at 11:23 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Mine is not pre-cooked but rather whipped with sugar and then baked on top of the warm pie. French. 

It was delicious, and the best way to make meringue!  Nice tart lemon filling, too.

I have bouillabaisse for tonight (no shellfish, just salmon and true cod).  Rhubarb or apple crumble for dessert.

• Love 2

Not that I mind posting a menu for our orchestra here but FYI there’s a forum on Food and it has a subheading “What’s for dinner”. That’s where I post what I’m actually cooking. 

Kabobs tonight on saffron rice for my Orchestra friends and at home spaghetti made with fresh tomatoes. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Not that I mind posting a menu for our orchestra here but FYI there’s a forum on Food and it has a subheading “What’s for dinner”. That’s where I post what I’m actually cooking. 

Kabobs tonight on saffron rice for my Orchestra friends and at home spaghetti made with fresh tomatoes. 

Can I come to your house for dinner? :)  I can bring a bottle of wine :)

• Love 1
(edited)

45034FA5-B51F-48E7-ACDA-07BBC8DEE6B3.jpeg.7a386f934cdd939c38951159dcf322f9.jpeg It’s too hot to cook. Salads tonight. 

Edited to add: You can’t see it but there is butter lettuce under the toppings. I also have some artichokes, chick peas, beets, avocado and Gorgonzola cheese (instead of Feta...unless you want both) to customize your own. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 4
On 5/29/2022 at 12:28 PM, PBnJay said:

These were good times indeed!

This afternoon I went to my first social gathering since the advent of Covid.  Sadly, the potluck offerings by my fellow apartment complex dwellers did not reach the heights of The Kit Carson Band's last shindig.  Time for another stab at it, methinks.

I can start the ball rolling with Caesar Salad with authentic dressing (no need to be afraid of virtual salmonella) and croutons.  I rub raw garlic on the inside of my wooden salad bowl, but, again, no need to fear virtual bad breath.

• Love 5
On 5/30/2022 at 9:42 PM, Leeds said:

This afternoon I went to my first social gathering since the advent of Covid.  Sadly, the potluck offerings by my fellow apartment complex dwellers did not reach the heights of The Kit Carson Band's last shindig.  Time for another stab at it, methinks.

I can start the ball rolling with Caesar Salad with authentic dressing (no need to be afraid of virtual salmonella) and croutons.  I rub raw garlic on the inside of my wooden salad bowl, but, again, no need to fear virtual bad breath.

"Covid"?