Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural Bitterness & Unpopular Opinions: You All Suck

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

This is from Russ Hamilton who has been with the show since day1...kind of an odd thing to say on your way out...

He also said that the people replacing him were....ummm...replacing him. He didn't seem too impressed.

Wow, both interesting and eye-opening. It doesn't surprise me that everything BTS wasn't all sunshine and roses. And when he says "politically toxic", I think he's probably referring to office politics, and not real world politics. Robbie Thompson already opened that can of worms after he left by quite negatively describing the "writers room", for lack of a better term. I thought Robbie made it obvious that he was referring to Singer (or the Singers) for the most part.

If it is office politics Russ is referring to, again that always starts from the top - and the one on the top of the pyramid is Singer.

Of course, it's not surprising that seasoned vets are going to jump ship before the end, looking for other and better opportunities. And Sabrina is an awesome show - it's a good move.

• Love 2

My unpopular opinion is that I really don't want to a limited streaming series or a movie.  This is an old show that even if they did a limited series it would most likely be the same bts scenes crew we have now.   If we got a movie it would probably either be Dabb or the duo writing a movie or show running.  They've already destroyed everything that made this show special. 

I'd rather they just let it go.

I'm excited to see Jensen in something new.  Staying committed to this show in anyway would limit his availability.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

My unpopular opinion is that I really don't want to a limited streaming series or a movie.  This is an old show that even if they did a limited series it would most likely be the same bts scenes crew we have now.   If we got a movie it would probably either be Dabb or the duo writing a movie or show running.  They've already destroyed everything that made this show special. 

I'm excited to see Jensen in something new.  Staying committed to this show in anyway would limit his availability.

J2 want to go out on a high note and I doubt they will get that from Dabb. Anything happening after that would be at least 2 years done the road. J2 will have way more power with a movie or limited series. They can decide who to work with and can see the script before they sign on. All they need are people who are passionate about Sam and Dean. I’m sure Jensen will do great after Supernatural but he still loves Dean and his work family. He is also smart enough to see all the other people who missed their old shows and came back for limited runs from Fuller House to X-Files. I’m sure he could find a few months for a movie no matter how busy he gets. The biggest tragedy would be Dabb having the final say on Supernatural and I can’t believe Jensen wants that either.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Lastcall said:

J2 want to go out on a high note and I doubt they will get that from Dabb. Anything happening after that would be at least 2 years done the road. J2 will have way more power with a movie or limited series. They can decide who to work with and can see the script before they sign on. All they need are people who are passionate about Sam and Dean. I’m sure Jensen will do great after Supernatural but he still loves Dean and his work family. He is also smart enough to see all the other people who missed their old shows and came back for limited runs from Fuller House to X-Files. I’m sure he could find a few months for a movie no matter how busy he gets. The biggest tragedy would be Dabb having the final say on Supernatural and I can’t believe Jensen wants that either.

I don't like the idea of Dabb and co. having the last say either, but given that they can't seem to find any talented writers, I still think the duo would be in charge. of any future projects.  So now or in the future there is a very good chance the final say is in the hands of this crew.

From comments they made it sounds like they agree the quality took a nosedive.

I'm sure the decision to end it didn't come easy to them for the very reasons that they consider the cast/crew family and their decision affects so many others.  I guess for me, I don't see the point in ending the show if your plan is just to bring it back in a couple of years.  Their contracts would be ending.  That would give them as much power now as they would in the future.   Even if they were promised something to get them to sign, that doesn't mean the producers would follow through.   The Michael story is a prime example of this .

Even reading the script for a movie, scripts can change right up until filming. 

Why should they have any trust that BTS crew would do right by them regardless of what they were promised upfront.  

This is why my unpopular opinion is just let go.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I don't like the idea of Dabb and co. having the last say either, but given that they can't seem to find any talented writers, I still think the duo would be in charge. of any future projects.  So now or in the future there is a very good chance the final say is in the hands of this crew.

From comments they made it sounds like they agree the quality took a nosedive.

I'm sure the decision to end it didn't come easy to them for the very reasons that they consider the cast/crew family and their decision affects so many others.  I guess for me, I don't see the point in ending the show if your plan is just to bring it back in a couple of years.  Their contracts would be ending.  That would give them as much power now as they would in the future.   Even if they were promised something to get them to sign, that doesn't mean the producers would follow through.   The Michael story is a prime example of this .

Even reading the script for a movie, scripts can change right up until filming. 

Why should they have any trust that BTS crew would do right by them regardless of what they were promised upfront.  

This is why my unpopular opinion is just let go.

I agree that I would prefer nothing to Dabb and the rest of the talentless hacks that destroyed the show having anything to do with future Supernatural productions.

• Love 2

Russ did the scouting for locations.  Which means he was in constant contact with the writing team and Dabb in terms of where the storyline was going and what kinds of scenery or locations were required.

Toxic is a strong word but maybe it was a frustrating job with this batch of writers and no real direction from the showrunner.  

I think things on location in Vancouver were fine.  Crew and actors seemed good friends and there are many YT videos of guest stars commenting on the 'family friendly' atmosphere on set.

It is an odd tweet.  I hope  no more like this pop up as the show comes to an end.

• Love 1

Frankly, I don't believe this guy - and if it is/was indeed, 'toxic', then maybe it was to do with him, personally, regardless of how long he's been there. Apart from the issues with Mark S, which seemed, IMO, to be directly with Dabb/Singer, I've never heard or read another bad word about the set/crew/actors or even about management, (Dabb, Singer, network et al). So I'm not prepared to accept his tweet at face value or doubt the words of so many others that it is/was a great place to work.

I get that there are reasons not to openly diss anyone in the industry - but I can't imagine that every single person who has praised SPN as a unicorn have been exaggerating, or blowing smoke, or were somehow gagged. Nope.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Yes he's said that a few times over the last few seasons at conventions.

Lucky Jared, able to retire at 37(ish), if it happens. I suppose SPN and his businesses would afford him enough of an income.   I must say I'd miss him, even though his emotional acting style reminds me of a whinnying horse that's about to run at you (in a nice way).

(edited)
10 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

It's not unpopular with me. I agree 100%. Of course our hope is that the show goes out in style instead of limping toward the finish line. But even if it doesn't, no streaming, no movie for me, because as you say, they couldn't get anyone I'd like to write/produce it. Dean Winchester is my favorite fictional character of all time, but when the curtain comes down on Sam and Dean in S15, I think it's best to walk away. And I, too, am looking forward to seeing Jensen in something new. Obviously, JMO.

Edited by FlickChick
  • Love 4
(edited)
23 hours ago, supposebly said:

This show is about 7 years past its high note. For me, when Carver took over, the show I fell in love with was no more.

It fell past its high note for me after S4, but if S5 had been the end of it, I would have hated that.

And while I think that the writing fell off quickly and steeply after S4 and it was hard for me to slog through much of S5-8, I will always be grateful that we were given S9-11 just for the Dean focus in those seasons.

Just this week, I tried to re-watch s12, but couldn't do it(with the one exception being Regarding Dean, which was on yesterday and still the one bright spot in a perfectly dismal season to this fan). 

I couldn't even stand it as background noise while I cleaned. 😉

So just to clarify my own feelings a bit more, when I said that I was wondering about streaming, I meant that maybe the actors(and especially JA) might find a new project in that domain that appealed to them for the ease of doing  more than one project that might afford them.

I wouldn't want to see Supernatural resurrected either-unless they could get better writers and producers to come on board-and much better ones!-considering the present bunch killed the show in the worst ways possible, IMO.

If they stay on through S15, I truly feel that the final season is doomed to just more of the same type of failures, again IMO. 

Edited by Myrelle
Revision
  • Love 6
On 5/10/2019 at 7:40 AM, ILoveReading said:

I'm sure the decision to end it didn't come easy to them for the very reasons that they consider the cast/crew family and their decision affects so many others.  I guess for me, I don't see the point in ending the show if your plan is just to bring it back in a couple of years

They need to walk away and let it rest for a bit.  Go on to new projects and actors enjoy creating new characters.  So I hope they just say open to a movie down the line but really they explore new options and let Supernatural end.  By letting it truly end for years, then they could have some energy to go back to it if they truly want to experience that...but my wish is that they move on.

Exploring something new without any expectations would be good for all of them.

• Love 2
On 5/10/2019 at 10:24 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

Frankly, I don't believe this guy - and if it is/was indeed, 'toxic', then maybe it was to do with him, personally, regardless of how long he's been there. Apart from the issues with Mark S, which seemed, IMO, to be directly with Dabb/Singer, I've never heard or read another bad word about the set/crew/actors or even about management, (Dabb, Singer, network et al). So I'm not prepared to accept his tweet at face value or doubt the words of so many others that it is/was a great place to work.

Jensen has said several times it is a dysfunctional family.  Also, the acting happening in Canada has some really different quirks that could make the production/acting a great environment but the writers' room could be a totally different story.

I've heard many of the advantages of having the writers in the USA  and the acting happening in another country, which allow certain freedoms that weren't allowed when they were so close together.  Also, he isn't saying who is toxic and why it's toxic.

My work environment is becoming toxic but there are many of us that get along great and we laugh and joke.  The management/administration is the issue.  They play favorites and the behind the scenes is making many of wanting to leave.   Everyone in the creative fields knows you have to be careful with your mouth because many times it is the connections that get you the job vs talent. 

I was told I had the talent...but I didn't have the connections so I landed in teaching by accident and stayed.  But it's time to move on.  Letting go is difficult because the unknown is also scary but it can be exciting too if you know what direction you're going.  That's something the J2's have over me, they know the directions they want to go...I'm in question mark.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, 7kstar said:

Jensen has said several times it is a dysfunctional family.  Also, the acting happening in Canada has some really different quirks that could make the production/acting a great environment but the writers' room could be a totally different story.

I've heard many of the advantages of having the writers in the USA  and the acting happening in another country, which allow certain freedoms that weren't allowed when they were so close together.  Also, he isn't saying who is toxic and why it's toxic.

My work environment is becoming toxic but there are many of us that get along great and we laugh and joke.  The management/administration is the issue.  They play favorites and the behind the scenes is making many of wanting to leave.   Everyone in the creative fields knows you have to be careful with your mouth because many times it is the connections that get you the job vs talent. 

I was told I had the talent...but I didn't have the connections so I landed in teaching by accident and stayed.  But it's time to move on.  Letting go is difficult because the unknown is also scary but it can be exciting too if you know what direction you're going.  That's something the J2's have over me, they know the directions they want to go...I'm in question mark.

I think there's a country mile between dysfunctional family (when did he say that? I definitely missed it) and 'toxic'. There's just no way to use that word in any kind of favourable or 'affectionate' way. I've never seen that kind of comment from anyone else, be it actor or behind the scenes person.  Even Mark S was careful to say that it was the writing and treatment of his character that was at issue, not a personally toxic environment. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think there's a country mile between dysfunctional family (when did he say that? I definitely missed it) and 'toxic'. There's just no way to use that word in any kind of favourable or 'affectionate' way. I've never seen that kind of comment from anyone else, be it actor or behind the scenes person.  Even Mark S was careful to say that it was the writing and treatment of his character that was at issue, not a personally toxic environment. 

Supernatural is two different things. In Vancouver it’s the best environment many have ever worked in. It’s is so enjoyable that people don’t want to leave and they consider themselves a family. Then you have LA where the show runner plays favorites, carries out vendetta’s and works to get rid of those he doesn’t like. Sheppard had ALOT of friends in Vancouver including J2 and I am sure many in Vancouver still resent his treatment. Add the treatment of Jensen this year who is one of the most popular people on the set and I can see how Vancouver feels LA is toxic.

• Love 1

Jensen never mentioned dysfunctional family ever to my knowledge.  But Jared would use that expression at the beginning of conventions meaning - I always assumed - the supernatural fandom. Welcome to our dysfunctional family.

I know Russ used to take a bus load of fans to certain shooting locations during the Vancouver convention. Has anyone here ever done that?  What kind of a fellow is he?

(edited)
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Jensen never mentioned dysfunctional family ever to my knowledge.  But Jared would use that expression at the beginning of conventions meaning - I always assumed - the supernatural fandom. Welcome to our dysfunctional family.

I can't say which cons but yes it was Jensen not Jared that I'm referring to.  It doesn't mean that Vancouver or where the actors are is the issue.  In fact, I believe everyone that says it was a fun place to work.

3 hours ago, Lastcall said:

Supernatural is two different things. In Vancouver it’s the best environment many have ever worked in. It’s is so enjoyable that people don’t want to leave and they consider themselves a family. Then you have LA where the show runner plays favorites, carries out vendetta’s and works to get rid of those he doesn’t like. Sheppard had ALOT of friends in Vancouver including J2 and I am sure many in Vancouver still resent his treatment. Add the treatment of Jensen this year who is one of the most popular people on the set and I can see how Vancouver feels LA is toxic.

Where they film and the actors work is a VERY different environment than the writers' room.  Because they film in Vancouver they can get away with things that they wouldn't if they were filming in LA.  So yes, it could be one place is Toxic and another isn't.  I don't think where the Boys film is toxic.  

One sign that things aren't as happy as some say is Mark S very strong wording, No he wouldn't be back on Supernatural.  What ever happened there, caused a bridge to be burned.  One person might feel it's toxic and another that it is a dysfunctional family.  The only reason I'm replying is that I don't think your understanding me.  I don't doubt that the actors that talk about how fun it is work on the set and with the boys are saying anything false. 

I do know of another fandom that the writers allowed more freedom and said they did because of the distance between where they wrote the words and where it was shot.  After the show was over several stories came out that showed some issues with the lead actor that during the shooting of the show never had been shared. I don't think it's an actor issue in the case of Supernatural.

I'm not talking about Jared and Jensen, the directors. and crew.  If the boys didn't care about them, they would have most likely ended the show earlier.  JMO.  But that doesn't mean that the tweet is entirely false either.  It is very VAGUE so I would tend to believe behind the scenes in the writer's room...we may not know or be aware of everything.  Jensen is VERY professional and would never spill the beans all the way.

Also how someone feels is how someone feels.  Everyone has a right to their feelings.  We may not agree with them, but you can't tell someone HOW they feel.

Edited by 7kstar
trying to make my post more clear.
  • Love 1

Russ had to have worked in BC because he did the location scouting.  Many of the buildings we saw were built overnight by crews and they did a fantastic job.  But he dealt with the lot down in LA which might have been difficult re timelines, etc.

there was one instance where they built a cool looking church and the day of filming thick fog rolled in obliterating everything 

A frustrating job but ... toxic? 

Anyway I don’t care anymore. I wish the guy well in his new job

• Love 1

I have watched a lot of con videos and never heard either Jared or Jensen refer to the crew/show family as dysfunctional in a serious way. Yes they use the term jokingly when fans come to the first convention and they say, welcome to our dysfunctional family. 

Russ worked in Vancouver, which is exactly why I felt the comment was interesting. Obviously it's a great set and one comment doesn't obliterate all the positive ones. But it also shows we don't truly know what it's like up there. 

• Love 3

I posted an EW interview about S15 in the media thread and in the Bitter Spoilers/Spec thread, but since this isn't spoiler related, I'll comment here. Andrew Dabb is not only a terrible showrunner (IMO) he's a poor representative of the show in general. He looks like an aging frat-boy in his t-shirt and scruff and I can hardly watch him speak. Then again maybe he's the perfect embodiment of the dumpster fire he's created.

dabb.JPG

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 5/12/2019 at 10:57 PM, 7kstar said:

I can't say which cons but yes it was Jensen not Jared that I'm referring to.  It doesn't mean that Vancouver or where the actors are is the issue.  In fact, I believe everyone that says it was a fun place to work.

Where they film and the actors work is a VERY different environment than the writers' room.  Because they film in Vancouver they can get away with things that they wouldn't if they were filming in LA.  So yes, it could be one place is Toxic and another isn't.  I don't think where the Boys film is toxic.  

One sign that things aren't as happy as some say is Mark S very strong wording, No he wouldn't be back on Supernatural.  What ever happened there, caused a bridge to be burned.  One person might feel it's toxic and another that it is a dysfunctional family.  The only reason I'm replying is that I don't think your understanding me.  I don't doubt that the actors that talk about how fun it is work on the set and with the boys are saying anything false. 

I do know of another fandom that the writers allowed more freedom and said they did because of the distance between where they wrote the words and where it was shot.  After the show was over several stories came out that showed some issues with the lead actor that during the shooting of the show never had been shared. I don't think it's an actor issue in the case of Supernatural.

I'm not talking about Jared and Jensen, the directors. and crew.  If the boys didn't care about them, they would have most likely ended the show earlier.  JMO.  But that doesn't mean that the tweet is entirely false either.  It is very VAGUE so I would tend to believe behind the scenes in the writer's room...we may not know or be aware of everything.  Jensen is VERY professional and would never spill the beans all the way.

Also how someone feels is how someone feels.  Everyone has a right to their feelings.  We may not agree with them, but you can't tell someone HOW they feel.

I think whatever happened with Mark Sheppard speaks volumes. Not only did they cut his signature line, one which he reportedly made a bunch of tees to sell at cons featuring; they then gave the line to another character the next season. That is a major disservice. Of course I forget the line now. It was quintessential Crowley. 

And I have to look at all of the writer turnover since the nepotism duo came on board. Of course the toxicity eliminates from Singer, nepotism duo and Dabb who played politics best in that situation. Everyone else with seniority fled or was forced out.

Singer directs so he is also in Vancouver.

Bad writing, bad decisions affects everyone. Sudden scrambling with major storyline changes which obviously happened (ummm...  scene with Billie and Dean in Nihilism!!!! Is a couple of episodes away from Jack suddenly being powerful enough to kill Michael in Ouroboros???) Is stressful and may have meant reshoots, rescouting... who knows.

Disappointed that Crowley is a no go. Not surprised. Dabb et al. screwed him. The toxicity is the writers/producers. 

• Love 3
On 5/13/2019 at 9:32 AM, Bobcatkitten said:

I have watched a lot of con videos and never heard either Jared or Jensen refer to the crew/show family as dysfunctional in a serious way. Yes they use the term jokingly when fans come to the first convention and they say, welcome to our dysfunctional family. 

Russ worked in Vancouver, which is exactly why I felt the comment was interesting. Obviously it's a great set and one comment doesn't obliterate all the positive ones. But it also shows we don't truly know what it's like up there. 

I really don't care, he's moved on and my guess is the toxic is coming from management and the issues it created in doing his job.  One comment does not make it a horrible place to work in.  But when you have people constantly leaving other than the normal move from job to job that can be a red flag.

Jensen's comment wasn't mean spirited, nor did I take it as something he thought of as bad.  I don't think he would ever use toxic.  But what one person thinks doesn't mean all agree. 

I know many love my boss, but they are her favorites so it is a different experience for them.  Miscommunication is the heart of all dramas.  Otherwise, we would watch everyone have a blessed day and talking about how wonderful it all is.  Not sure many of us would watch.  🙂

I wouldn't take one comment and think that it destroys all the good stories we've heard over the years.   I just think that it gives a small glimpse of one person's perspective.  I wouldn't change my mind over it.

Also as people grow tired of issues they dealt with over a long period they may not be tolerant like they once were.  So something that was considered small and not that big of deal, turns into a big deal. 

Sometimes we disect everything to death!

• Love 1
On 5/15/2019 at 9:24 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

I posted an EW interview about S15 in the media thread and in the Bitter Spoilers/Spec thread, but since this isn't spoiler related, I'll comment here. Andrew Dabb is not only a terrible showrunner (IMO) he's a poor representative of the show in general. He looks like an aging frat-boy in his t-shirt and scruff and I can hardly watch him speak. Then again maybe he's the perfect embodiment of the dumpster fire he's created.

dabb.JPG

I disagree on your frat boy assessment, all the frat boys I've known dressed better, much better.  No, my assessment of Dabb's looks is in the attached picture.  Sorry to combine another fandom, but WoW is one I know all to well.  And this kind of player/personality/type of internal character is how he comes across to me:

image.thumb.png.03b4f5f7fa68b1651017f5781fd0803a.png

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Cambion said:

I disagree on your frat boy assessment, all the frat boys I've known dressed better, much better. 

Mea culpa. Apologies to frat boys, everywhere.

He is really more like the loser who finally gains a little power and uses it to punish all the popular kids, not because they were mean to him, but because he's a jealous, petty little shit and he can.

• Love 6
On 5/17/2019 at 6:44 PM, Castiels Cat said:

And I have to look at all of the writer turnover since the nepotism duo came on board.

I think writers left before they came on board, too.  I remember reading that writing for a show like Supernatural is a good springboard to moving on to write for bigger shows (bigger budgets/networks, etc).  I would agree that it's quite possible they are especially eager to move on, given some of the issues that have been mentioned.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:29 AM, Wynne88 said:

I think writers left before they came on board, too.  I remember reading that writing for a show like Supernatural is a good springboard to moving on to write for bigger shows (bigger budgets/networks, etc).  I would agree that it's quite possible they are especially eager to move on, given some of the issues that have been mentioned.

It seemed to be more of a steadybstate for a while when Kim Manners was there, then Gamble and even Carver's first couple. I think the turnover has been frenetic since Glass left which may have been about when they started to dig their claws in deeply.

If only someone would spill. It cannot be good for the Executive Producer's wife to be hired especially after writing that racist truck dreck. 

I always got the impression that Carver could not edit her scripts whatsoever. Either she was deaf to criticism or his hands were tied. Man's Best Friend, Cas' First Boner, Reapers are Angels and Rogue Reapers. . . If the script wasn't gratuitous torture porn or a veritable train wreck it slaughtered canon. And it always took a sharp left from mytharc and character development.

• Love 1
On 5/10/2019 at 7:43 AM, ILoveReading said:

I think J2 would have the clout to push for better talent on the movie. They have to have Jensen and Jared on board for it to be successful. The way I see it Dabb and Ms. Singer killed the cash cow and WB knows it. If Jensen is letting things slip at cons he most certainly made it Clear to tptb exactly why the show was ending and exactly why they wanted to be more involved in the writing this season. 

There will not be a successful movie unless those two are happy and involved. Those two show killers/storyline obliterators will get nowhere near it. She is unemployable except for her husband pulling strings. Dabb has killed his career. There will be no fan goodwill. He was showrunner and lead writer for a network cash cow that ran aground because its stars and fans hated the bad writing. Now its notoriously tight lipped lead is hinting that he is unhappy with the writing.

Instead of producing a great final season they are phoning it in, writing wtf weird off canon crap and comparing themselves to GoT. GoT had cast support. Dabbler and hacks does not really. Again Jensen is not wild about the finale. A bad series ending is just not going to fly. GoT was based on GRRM. Supernatural is a meandering mess whose seasonal plotting the current  writers cannot even remember.

It. ISM. Shameful.

They think it's funny that they almost won a CW poll for best villain. No... it is not. It means you are very bad at your job and you are despised because of it. It means you did an extreme disservice to one of your two lead characters and fans are angry. The actor that plays him was angry too and pulled the plug on your show.

Dabb and the execrable nepotism duo will never touch the movie. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BlueSapphire said:

Whatever happens with Jared’s show, I feel there’s a weird little sliver of irritation in the fandom that Jensen isn’t the one talking about a new TV project, like Jared beat him to it.

After SPN ends, Jensen fans will follow him and Jared fans will follow Jared. Which IMO is a good thing because finally some people will stop pretending with the J2.

Naturally Jensen fans are curious and hoping for a glimpse of where they could follow him to. Though I personally don't expect it while SPN is going on.

The Walker announcement was a publicity stunt for the new show, a good move marketing-wise because it got lots of coverage. Were many people surprised by the announcement? Obviously. 

Do I want to watch the reboot? No. Am I personally way more interested in what Jensen does? Of course. In that vein, sure I can be somewhat envious that I haven't gotten my answer yet. But I'm not stark-raving mad about it or anything.

• Love 14
On 9/17/2019 at 8:11 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

He is really more like the loser who finally gains a little power and uses it to punish all the popular kids, not because they were mean to him, but because he's a jealous, petty little shit and he can.

He's the Callister of his own ship, lol  (waves to Black Mirror fans)

• Love 2
9 hours ago, BlueSapphire said:

Whatever happens with Jared’s show, I feel there’s a weird little sliver of irritation in the fandom that Jensen isn’t the one talking about a new TV project, like Jared beat him to it.

Since I never once believed Jared's assertions that he wanted to 'retire', and he has always been better at promoting himself than Jensen, I was not surprised even a little bit by his announcement. And if I were producing my own starring vehicle and still needed a home for it, I'd probably do the same.

Jensen is in the midst of releasing an album, which is very exciting for me, and I'm 100% certain there will be tv/film news when the end of SPN is closer. So nope, no irritation from this Jensen fan, only anticipation.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, BlueSapphire said:

I certainly can't speak for fandom but personally it didn't bother me when Jared announced his project. It's not a show/subject that would interest me and I hadn't planned on following Jared's future projects since I'm not much of a fan. I've been more or less indifferent.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

I certainly can't speak for fandom but personally it didn't bother me when Jared announced his project. It's not a show/subject that would interest me and I hadn't planned on following Jared's future projects since I'm not much of a fan. I've been more or less indifferent.

That's how I feel.  Jared's a perfectly fine actor and I like Sam, but he doesn't really inspire me enough to follow him around from show to show.  I'm happy for him if it works out, because why would I wish him ill?  But, I don't much care.  I didn't like the original Walker, so I'll probably just see it if I'm visiting my parents, because my mom loved the original Walker so I have a feeling she'll be watching this.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BabySpinach said:

This is so cathartic. We're not alone!

Thank you for posting; I love how disgusted he is with the current state of the show. I'm off to eagerly watch his "Andrew Dabb - The Worst Thing About Supernatural" vid. 😆

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BabySpinach said:

I want to marry this video review! It's so on the nose, so completely true. And I like how he isn't just bashing Dabb, who certainly deserves it, but also correctly faulting Singer's larger role in all this, and the fact that Dabb is probably in some ways following his lead. And better how he faults that segment of the Dabbernatural fan base they are blatantly fan servicing who are every bit as responsible for the plummet in quality.

Brilliant, but sad all the same.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, BabySpinach said:

4 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

This was quite satisfying as well! In his opinion Regarding Dean was the last good SPN episode from the last 3 seasons.

Wow.

These were both So. Good.

Such well constructed criticism and I can't  say enough for the fact that he places some of the blame for the drop off in quality on a present day fandom that is ignorant of what makes up truly decent/good writing and who simply fawn over the absolute drivel that we've been given in it's place since s12.

Cathartic for sure to finally see someone lay it all out the way he did, basically and succinctly saying everything that some of have been saying for years.

Wow again.👏

• Love 6