Type keyword(s) to search

Love Is - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm in... That was everything I thought it would be... Will catlett brought it.. And I'm always down to watch Clarke peters do anything.... Looking fwd to this on the weekly... Plus... That means... MORE MICHELE WEAVER!!!!!.... Father forgive me for being shallow but ..."lawd half mersea"... Lol 

• Love 3

I'm very much in.  However I wish they showed less of today's Yasir & Nuri on the couch and focus more of them in the 90s.  The story would flow better without letting them summarize or foreshadow everything while they look back at themselves. Let the story tell itself. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm confused about the timeline on this show. The older versions of the characters are much older than younger versions would be by 2017. Tim Reid is in his 70s. I looked up the show's description online, and it says that the future scenes are supposed to be in 2027, with Nuri and Yasir celebrated their 30th anniversary. That would explain why they cast older actors. However, in the first episode, they says they've been married 20 (or 21) years. Does anyone remember if an actual date is shown during the couple's interviews in the first episode?

Edited by mrsbagnet
(edited)

Regarding the ages of actors, I think that’s the point of acting, you don’t have to play a part EXACTLY the same age you are.

I haven’t been paying attention to the timeline.  

Nuri is a better woman than me, I would have told him to fuck off when he slammed the door.  What an asshole.  

Also Yasir was using Ruby, but Ruby was using Yasir too, she was using him so her parents wouldn’t worry about her.

Sigh.  At first I liked this show, but now I hate it.  It seems like just another show made to guilt black women who want something better in life.  This is one of those “give a brotha a chance” shows.  I hate them.  It’s like all other women can look for a provider, an equal, but not you, black women, you have to “give a brotha a chance, even if he’s homeless and lies to you.”

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6

Neurochick

I understand what you're saying about the ages.  But Tim Reid is in another GENERATION that the current day Yuri and Nasir.  Vanessa Bell Calloway- believable as the current day writer friend.

About the ' give a brotha a chance'  I hear what you're saying.  But this is a quasi story on the real life Akils.  Perhaps to a degree she gave the brotha a chance (or 2, or 3)   But yeah- an attractive young successful woman putting up with homeless 98 bucks in food stamp having busted up hoopty same outfit wearing unemployed working on my script.  99% of the females in Yuris shoes would've 86ed him

• Love 3

And he has a kid whom he's not paying child support on. I get he wants to be a writer. There are plenty of people who are like Nasir but until that chance comes (if at all) they do have a job to help pay bills and take care of their families. 

I'm sure we'll see how Nasir improves soon but so far I don't see the appeal. 

• Love 3

I have been watching.  First, a point of clarification, their names are Nuri and Yasir.  And the past few episodes, Yasir has been getting on my nerves with his high expectations for Nuri and her time while he spends his days doing everything but working.  I still like the show but Yasir is exhausting with all the things he has going on with his life. 

Also, Keith, baby. You are gay. That was no out. That was your buck naked truth.  I missed the previews but will be interesting to see where Keith goes with Angela.

• Love 4

Correct, Nuri and Yasir...I was wondering who Nasir was LOL.

BTW, regarding ages, Clark Peters is 66 and Tim Reid is 73, not that much difference between those ages though.

5 hours ago, AyeshaTheGreat said:

Also, Keith, baby. You are gay. That was no out. That was your buck naked truth.  I missed the previews but will be interesting to see where Keith goes with Angela.

Agreed, did you see his face when he walked away from Nuri, that said it all.

I don't see the appeal in Yasir at all.  I was in my 30's in the 1990's and maybe things were different then because the economy wasn't so bad.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/18/2018 at 9:46 AM, AyeshaTheGreat said:

I have been watching.  First, a point of clarification, their names are Nuri and Yasir.  And the past few episodes, Yasir has been getting on my nerves with his high expectations for Nuri and her time while he spends his days doing everything but working.  I still like the show but Yasir is exhausting with all the things he has going on with his life. 

Yasir's self-righteousness is annoying and off-putting. He's seems so proud of how deep he is. They are only 5 episodes in, and how much time has Yuri spent crying over him?

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 4

Damn,it was me who morphed our lovebirds names together!!  I must've Brangelina'd them!! 

I'm gonna guess Keith is going to go out with Angela to announce to Nuri  "  HEY- TOLD YOU IM NOT GAY" 

We will see shortly....

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/20/2018 at 11:56 PM, mrsbagnet said:

Yasir's self-righteousness is annoying and off-putting. He's seems so proud of how deep he is. They are only 5 episodes in, and how much time has Yuri spent crying over him?

A woman on twitter summed up the show perfectly for me. "Broke boy propaganda." 

Next week looks like they will acknowledge Yasir's faults.  I'm still hopeful we'll see some growth and change in Yasir.

I do think he was right that Nuri shouldn't out Keith and her reasons for doing so. 

Edited by Arcadiasw
  • Love 1

So the latest episode happened.  Nuri has not just fallen, she is all in when it comes to Yasir.  He lives in her home, drives her car and still has time to offer her his opinions regarding her life.  Something I have not learned if he is using his time doing is working. Does he have an actual "pay upon completion" gig? Is he even writing spec scripts?  In closing, Love Is... exhausting.  But I will continue to watch the show because I am interested in following their story.

• Love 4
On 7/20/2018 at 8:56 PM, mrsbagnet said:

Yasir's self-righteousness is annoying and off-putting. He's seems so proud of how deep he is.

Glad it wasn't just me. I gave up on this show after 3 episodes because of "this fuckin' guy".  They can either make him the most moral and contemplative man the world has ever known, or he can be broke and living off one girlfriend while auditioning his next one, but he can't be both.

• Love 7

Honestly, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this couple. Are we supposed to like Yasir? Are we supposed to like he and Nuri together? The foundation of their relationship is shaky. She's feels inferior to him, so she's not honest about what she wants. He feels inferior so he acts like an arrogant know-it-all.

I guess we're supposed to applaud the whole thing when we see modern-day Nuri and Yasir and they are so lovely-dovey, but I'm side-eyeing the beginning of their relationship.

• Love 7

I'm glad Yasir got a job but my first thought was, "Will he be sending some of that money to his kid?" He was so arrogant at that interview. He's lucky his boss fell for that con job he pulled to get it. 

He was also rude to Nuri's mother. Maybe I missed it but did she tell him to call her by her first name? 

I couldn't believe how dumb he was to go Ruby's place on Valentine's day and not think she would misread that. He should've went to the movies or the coffee place sooner. Anywhere but Ruby's.

11 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

Honestly, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this couple. Are we supposed to like Yasir? Are we supposed to like he and Nuri together? The foundation of their relationship is shaky. She's feels inferior to him, so she's not honest about what she wants. He feels inferior so he acts like an arrogant know-it-all.

I guess we're supposed to applaud the whole thing when we see modern-day Nuri and Yasir and they are so lovely-dovey, but I'm side-eyeing the beginning of their relationship.

I think we are but I'm not seeing it. Yasir showed some promise at the end of the episode but he still has some ways to go for me.

• Love 4

One of the problems with this show is things were different in the 1990's.  I saw some show about the 90's and they called it, "The Last Great Decade."  Maybe some of that is true.  I mean it was before 9/11, before the housing bubble burst, before Hurricane Katrina, before social media.  I think about how things have changed.  I don't think a relationship like this would fly today. 

I don't know if people are smarter today or more sensitive, just that sensibilities have changed, IMO.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

One of the problems with this show is things were different in the 1990's.  I saw some show about the 90's and they called it, "The Last Great Decade."  Maybe some of that is true.  I mean it was before 9/11, before the housing bubble burst, before Hurricane Katrina, before social media.  I think about how things have changed.  I don't think a relationship like this would fly today. 

I don't know if people are smarter today or more sensitive, just that sensibilities have changed, IMO.

Seeing a lot of the responses on Love Is twitter, Nuri and Yasir's relationship will fly today. In my previous and current workplace, I knew women who lived with Yasir types. The job market was better in the 90s.  So it's a little hard to believe the only job Yasir can get is in a bookstore for minimum wage. Of course we don't know Yasir's past or what skills he has and if it can be applied to a job that's above minimum wage. 

18 minutes ago, mrsbagnet said:

She told him to call her Carol.

Thanks. I wasn't sure but he was still rude with his attitude. Older Yasir's monologue on how he felt when Nuri was getting a makeover for her house, how she had her finances in order had me rolling my eyes. If he was feeling emasculated, depressed, etc he only has himself to blame and he can achieve some of what Nuri has if he maintains a job and stop being jealous and judgmental of others. 

• Love 3

How did I miss this show?

I'm watching episode 7 "Not Valentine's Day" & it's the first I've seen. I like it. I kinda tuned out Queen Sugar because it was too depressing. I need another show depicting Black love; this may be it. 

Kadeem Hardison? Anna Maria Horsford (the mom from Friday)? Yaasss! I'm here for it! But I'm old.

Um. Wayment. Dude still lives with his ex? & went by her place on Valentine's Day?! Lawd, Show don't play with me with implausible plot points.

My favorite parts were group scenes: the co-workers & the single ladies party. I was rolling when they were clowning on each other! I also like the mom.

So, the show is like When Harry Met Sally? An older, lasting couple reflecting on the drama they went through to get where they are today.

• Love 2

When I think of Anna Marie I dont think of Friday.  I think of her having a big ole crush on Clifton Davis from Amen.  

As a man, the Yasir types kill me.  Want to be proud but thinks certain things are beneath him.  Like a entry level job.  Should have hustled that type of job a long time ago.  Had that little job and still work on his writing. And that " dont call me baby- call me manly man$!$!" Manly men aren't quasi homeless and just dipping his toe in the employment line

Side note- love this site.  I used to be on imdb until they stopped the comments section.  Adult discussions without the BS & trolling over here.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Kirkydee said:

As a man, the Yasir types kill me.  Want to be proud but thinks certain things are beneath him.  Like a entry level job.  Should have hustled that type of job a long time ago.  Had that little job and still work on his writing. And that " dont call me baby- call me manly man$!$!" Manly men aren't quasi homeless and just dipping his toe in the employment line

Side note- love this site.  I used to be on imdb until they stopped the comments section.  Adult discussions without the BS & trolling over here.  

When my brother was single, Yasir types drove him crazy. Aside from living at home due to bad financial choices, my brother had a good job, a working car, no kids, no record, kept in shape but women he talked to liked Yasir types and let them and sometimes their kids live with them rent and job free. 

I've exchanged numbers and gone on dates with Yasir types because they were good conversationist and attractive at our first meeting. When I get to know them and the guy sees I'm turned off by his situations, they get defensive and turn to name calling like stuckup, bougie, not helping the community similar things Yasir has said to Nuri about her coworkers. I've always saw that behavior as a mind game and walk away but I know some women buy into it and stay.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Um. Wayment. Dude still lives with his ex? & went by her place on Valentine's Day?! Lawd, Show don't play with me with implausible plot points.

So, the show is like When Harry Met Sally? An older, lasting couple reflecting on the drama they went through to get where they are today.

Yasir's relationship with Ruby was over when he met Nuri. Since he didn't have a job he couldn't afford to move out. When he finally came clean to Nuri, they got together and I was under the impression he was living with her since he was always there, driving Nuri's car, dropping her off at work, etc. Tuesday's show was the first time he mentioned Ruby's place as still being his home and Nuri's place as a spot he stays over at. I get why Yasir left Nuri's home for Valentine's day but I don't understand why he thought it was smart to go to Ruby's. 

Edited by Arcadiasw
  • Love 1

Wow, what is it about Yasir that has every woman in his life - Mom, ex, Ruby and Nuri - going the extra mile for him?  His ex still wants him even though he left her on her own with only his sick mom to help her with their son, his mom is helping raise his child so he can take a chance on his writing, Ruby lets him sleep on her couch for months, and Nuri is signing up to help make him a better man and attain his dreams after knowing him a month.  And his reaction is to tell all of them how he thinks everything should be:  his way.

I guess there must be a redemption arc coming if the happiness of the current-day couple is to be believed, but right now, Yasir sure likes talking about being a man while he's propped up by four women.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 6

I almost can't take anymore of this show. Yasir is too much, and there's Nuri, willing to lap up and be a part of his bullshit. Even modern-day Yasir is too smug for me. I'm so glad that his mom told to have several seats because he wouldn't have listened to it from anyone else.

• Love 5

I would tell Nuri to run but she married Yasir. Sooo....

So Yasir left his ex and son to pursue a career as a writer. He couldn't balance a flexible job like bartender or waiter while writing and spending time and money with his son?

His mother was the MVP with her speech and his ex though a bit volatile (can't blame her) had points too. 

6 hours ago, izabella said:

I guess there must be a redemption arc coming if the happiness of the current-day couple is to be believed, but right now, Yasir sure likes talking about being a man while he's propped up by four women.

Yep. Yasir's arrogance and sense of entitlement is frustrating. He's lucky none of Nuri's family saw that showdown. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

I almost can't take anymore of this show. Yasir is too much, and there's Nuri, willing to lap up and be a part of his bullshit. Even modern-day Yasir is too smug for me. I'm so glad that his mom told to have several seats because he wouldn't have listened to it from anyone else.

In Yasir's defense, if I were a guy like him in his situation and met a woman like Nuri that wasn't smart enough to second guess our situation or run l'd probably be smug too and enjoy the ride.

The problem I have with older Yasir is sometimes he comes off as if justifying his behavior or act as if he should be pitied. I'll save my pity for his son. Yasir's actions got himself in his situation and sometimes he comes off wanting a free ride or an easier path to the table. I hope he truly appreciates the doors Nuri is opening for him: giving access to her agent, sending scripts to her connections because he's getting an easier path into the door than Nuri.

I didn't see older Yasir as justifying his behavior when he was younger.  I thought that he realized how fortunate he was, that the women in his life really did prop him up. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with Yasir and Nuri's relationship.  I had a friend who met a man who wasn't as educated or financially stable as she.  He lied to her about a lot of things, (at least Yasir's honest to a fault) and she had to deal with the baby mama drama and family drama but she stuck with him and in the end, he really did make her life so much better and not everybody has that kind of loving relationship. 

Sometimes I think today it's like, we want relationships but it's like we have all these boxes we need to check, and we look for the bad in people and in reality no one will be perfect, and if we want perfection we might end up alone (that might be why myself and MANY of my friends are still single).

But, on the other hand, there are many black women who were like Nuri, who helped "a brotha out" only to have him leave her for (many times) a white woman.  So I think a lot of women are cynical and thinking, "I'm not going to be your starter woman."

• Love 2

Just wow, Yasir. Wow.  I'm glad things worked out for Nuri and Yasir but what he did would've been a deal breaker for a lot other relationships. Even the fans on twitter got annoyed with Yasir's actions.

The reason for Yasir's hours being cut was out of place. Bookstores weren't hit by the internet until the mid or late 2000s and not the late 90s. 

• Love 4

Okay, I’m back. Just watched this week’s episode. I love this show, but I would have liked to see what turned this into such a “Grand Love Story” so quickly. I like that, as wonderful as Nuri is, she’s far from perfect ( she can be downright bratty sometimes). And I like that Yasir does seem to have a decent heart beneath all his “extra”, but I just can’t seem to figure out what attracted her to him to the extent that is has, and so quickly. He is EVERYTHING that Nuri said she didn’t want in a man, but the second he throws some (admittedly decent) poetry her way, she’s sprung? And we’ve watched her risk her hard-won professional gains on his behalf ever since, along with her own sense of self. Somebody correct me if I’m mistaken, but almost since the beginning, I just see her walking on eggshells around his constant tantrums. What am I missing? 

Im hoping future episodes will address this. I know that this is based on the Akils real-life story (but I don’t know how much), and I’m glad that they are 20 years in, but holy cow...

• Love 3

It's amazing how unsupportive Yasir is of Nuri's job and responsibilities considering she is being so supportive of his writing and dreams.  Yes, she should have called when she told him she would, and yes, she could have done more to verify that his name was spelled right on the entry list, but he gave her ZERO benefit of the doubt despite Nuri giving him the benefit of many, much bigger doubts.  This script and taping was a very big deal for her, and he shit all over it, every step of the way. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, TVForever said:

And I like that Yasir does seem to have a decent heart beneath all his “extra”, but I just can’t seem to figure out what attracted her to him to the extent that is has, and so quickly. He is EVERYTHING that Nuri said she didn’t want in a man, but the second he throws some (admittedly decent) poetry her way, she’s sprung? And we’ve watched her risk her hard-won professional gains on his behalf ever since, along with her own sense of self. Somebody correct me if I’m mistaken, but almost since the beginning, I just see her walking on eggshells around his constant tantrums. What am I missing? 

His bedroom skills? Other than waxing poetry that's all he seems to do positive for her. 

27 minutes ago, izabella said:

It's amazing how unsupportive Yasir is of Nuri's job and responsibilities considering she is being so supportive of his writing and dreams.  Yes, she should have called when she told him she would, and yes, she could have done more to verify that his name was spelled right on the entry list, but he gave her ZERO benefit of the doubt despite Nuri giving him the benefit of many, much bigger doubts.  This script and taping was a very big deal for her, and he shit all over it, every step of the way. 

Wasn't  his ID was an issue, too? He hadn't updated it since he changed his name. I bet if it was his moment for the taping, he would've flipped like he did last week.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Arcadiasw said:

Wasn't  his ID was an issue, too? He hadn't updated it since he changed his name. I bet if it was his moment for the taping, he would've flipped like he did last week.

Yes on both counts.  His id didn't match the name that would be on the list, regardless of spelling.  How is the guard supposed to take him at his word when his entire job is verifying ID's and names, i.e., security?

And I have no doubt if it were a reading of his novel, or opening night for his play, he'd expect Nuri to cater to him and praise him and prop him the whole way through, while forgiving any and every missed dinner and phone call.  Woe to Nuri if she didn't meet his expectations on how much she showed "support" for his big break.

• Love 2
On 8/11/2018 at 1:36 AM, MrsRafaelBarba said:

My nicknames for this show are Struggle Love: The Series

and Love With A Hobosexual 

I'm going to say something a bit political (no, not a Trump post).  Black Americans (if you look at the data of white wealth vs black wealth) have not been able to obtain wealth, up until the 1970's (not talking about individuals, but the collective). I'm not talking about Bill Gates type wealth, I'm talking about having enough to leave your kids wealth.  Slavery/Reconstruction/Black businesses and neighborhoods being burned down (Black Wall Street/Rosewood) Jim Crow/Readlining were some of the shit that black Americans had to deal with IN America.  One way of obtaining wealth for years was real estate, but because of redlining, black people weren't able to purchase properties in well to do areas, even if they did have the money.  So Yasir is broke, not 100% because of his choices, but because he doesn't have a relative who can say, "I'll help you out." 

So yes, it is struggle love but there's a reason for it.

I was on Yasir's side when he was upset with Nuri for not calling him.  I mean it would have taken her a few moments to do that.  I was not on Yasir's side when he couldn't get into the taping.  If he hasn't changed his ID since he changed his name, he should have mentioned that to Nuri.  Why didn't they go to the taping together was my question.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I was on Yasir's side when he was upset with Nuri for not calling him.

I think he had a right to be upset. His behavior, though, was over the top. Silent treatment, then guilt tripping her and using his friends' rapes as an excuse was too much. Him calling her repeatedly was also too much. Referring to it as "showing love" doesn't make it any less obnoxious.

My issue with Yasir isn't his lack of funds. It's his shitty attitude, haughtiness, and sense of entitlement. Nuri twists herself in knots to appease him. Once again she was crying over him. How many times has it been? She was right when she said "Love shouldn't be this hard."

I really did not appreciate the show using the molestation storyline as a way gloss over all of Yasir's previous actions. It was manipulative.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

I really did not appreciate the show using the molestation storyline as a way gloss over all of Yasir's previous actions. It was manipulative.

Completely agree. I felt bad for thinking this, but all I could think in that moment was, “Seriously? She was molested? Where did this come from?”

Once again, I know this show is based on real life, so my apologies to Ms Akil if this really happened to her, because otherwise, this just felt thrown in out of nowhere.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I was on Yasir's side when he was upset with Nuri for not calling him.  I mean it would have taken her a few moments to do that.  I was not on Yasir's side when he couldn't get into the taping.  If he hasn't changed his ID since he changed his name, he should have mentioned that to Nuri.  Why didn't they go to the taping together was my question.

Nuri did invite Yasir but he turned her down saying it was her moment. She kept insisting he come and bring his script but Yasir didn't give her a definitive answer he will. He made up his mind to go to the taping after his friend talked him into it. 

• Love 1

So I see that arrogant dudes are Nuri's type. The only time Yasir is friendly and respectful to other men is when he's marking his territory around Nuri. Of course, then he's being phony to show that he doesn't feel threatened by them.

That fight with Ruby's playmate was out-of-the-blue and so unnecessary. He couldn't get his rug in the morning? The guy shouldn't have gotten in his face like that, but Yasir should never have knocked on that door. That was straight-up rude.

I'm kind of tripping on the fact that Sean was the best-behaved male character in this episode.

Why, oh why did she keep the ring? For 20 years?

I won't be watching this next season. I've had enough of Yasir.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

So I see that arrogant dudes are Nuri's type. The only time Yasir is friendly and respectful to other men is when he's marking his territory around Nuri. Of course, then he's being phony to show that he doesn't feel threatened by them.

That fight with Ruby's playmate was out-of-the-blue and so unnecessary. He couldn't get his rug in the morning? The guy shouldn't have gotten in his face like that, but Yasir should never have knocked on that door. That was straight-up rude.

I'm kind of tripping on the fact that Sean was the best-behaved male character in this episode.

Why, oh why did she keep the ring? For 20 years?

I won't be watching this next season. I've had enough of Yasir.

So Yasir is territorial over women he's not with anymore either. It fits his character. He could've screwed up the meeting for Ruby's Yoga video with that fight. 

Maybe Nuri forgot she still had it? Yes? No? Probably not. Ehhhh... Well at least older Yasir didn't go into a verbal tantrum on the set like he did on Nuri's big night 20 years earlier. 

Love Is Twitter got a little messy with one thread for the Yasir fans and nonfans. Some of the name calling and assumptions of certain viewers were unnecessary. Is there a category for people like me who are in the middle with Yasir? Not a fan but rooting for him to mature so they can become a fan? 

Sean's been one of the best male characters all season. He's been the voice of reason for Yasir and made him see what his stubborness and arrogance wouldn't let him see. I didn't like Yasir offering Sean the roommate spot. I don't think that area is what Sean needs either to pursue his dream.

I think Nuri overreacted with the script. Her reaction would be more believable if he was plagiarizing her.

• Love 1
On 8/22/2018 at 6:11 AM, Arcadiasw said:

I think Nuri overreacted with the script. Her reaction would be more believable if he was plagiarizing her.

IKR? That is what finally tipped her over?

....and I see that grown up Yasir is still a big baby 

Edited by OoogleEyes
  • Love 3

Yasir has some anger management and violence issues.  Nuri has little idea what she's getting into with him, it seems.  Yeah, she saw him blow up at his ex, but she didn't see him get physical with a guy because he was pissed that his other ex was having sex with him.  And even seeing his violent temper with his ex didn't bother her at all, while she lost her mind over the script.  Priorities, Nuri, priorities.

• Love 3

I've been pondering the irony of Yasir getting into a fistfight over a prayer rug. SMDH.

I'm still perturbed that he didn't just walk out when he saw Ruby having sex in *her* living room. He just stands there, laughing to himself, and then mocks the guy, as if he's somehow better than him. Such an ass.

1 hour ago, izabella said:

Yasir has some anger management and violence issues.  Nuri has little idea what she's getting into with him, it seems.  Yeah, she saw him blow up at his ex, but she didn't see him get physical with a guy because he was pissed that his other ex was having sex with him.  And even seeing his violent temper with his ex didn't bother her at all, while she lost her mind over the script.  Priorities, Nuri, priorities.

If I'd been with a guy for less than a month, and I saw him flip out on his ex (who's raising his child) like that, that would have been the end of our relationship. If she'd been abusing their son, his reaction might have been justified, but over some classes? Nope, nope, nope. All I would think is "If that's how he treats her, how will he treat me?" TBH, his mom even tried to warn Nuri off. That's the worst sign possible.

I assume the show creators thought showing us future Nuri and Yasir would make viewers more accepting of the younger versions, as if to say "See, it all worked out in the end." Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 4