Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E25: Aunt Bea's Pickles

• Start Topic

Re: The Gang's knowledge of Val being abused by her father.  Prior to this episode, nobody knew.  The black-and-white flashbacks Tara is thinking of are from season 6 when Val was having bad dreams about finding her dad's body post-suicide (...soon to be retconned) brought up by David's mom trying to kill herself.  Val being abused by her dad didn't come out until season 7 and the only people involved were her mom and Tom (remember Tom?).  So David was finding out for the first time.  And Kelly must have only been referring to the suicide because, IIRC, Kelly doesn't find out until David decides to spill all Valerie's secrets next season to diffuse a Thanksgiving fight between Valerie and Kelly in Valerie's last episode.

...it saddens me I know all this.  What can I say, I love Val.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Re: The Gang's knowledge of Val being abused by her father.  Prior to this episode, nobody knew.  The black-and-white flashbacks Tara is thinking of are from season 6 when Val was having bad dreams about finding her dad's body post-suicide (...soon to be retconned) brought up by David's mom trying to kill herself.  Val being abused by her dad didn't come out until season 7 and the only people involved were her mom and Tom (remember Tom?).  So David was finding out for the first time.  And Kelly must have only been referring to the suicide because, IIRC, Kelly doesn't find out until David decides to spill all Valerie's secrets next season to diffuse a Thanksgiving fight between Valerie and Kelly in Valerie's last episode.

...it saddens me I know all this.  What can I say, I love Val.

Coming by to say this!  Nicely summarized. 

"Oh, so you didn't GET the job, you took someone else's." Janet for President.

If Brandon was any kind of real pinko, or even a "Liberal kinda guy" like he claims to be, he'd have marched right back out of that newsroom as soon as he realized what the deal was and why he was there, not gotten all defensive about he totally deserves to be a scab.

The timing of this episode coming up is actually pretty interesting, considering the wave of newsroom unionizing going on right now.

• Love 9

You'd think people who write for a living would come up with better protest signs.

Those signs were probably made by a prop department intern who never agitated for anything but free Tiger Milk bars at the USC gym.

• Love 2

I have nothing to say on this episode, it was boring. I remember seeing this as a rerun a lot because I always remember the scene when Donna asks that customer why she’s returning her dress.

Also as for what you guys can do now that the Sassy article is over(sad they were my fave part too) you guys should try and find some of the cast mates lifetime tv movies and do short ten second reviews on them. Sometimes you can find a few online.

• Love 4

I'm trying to think of something to comment on, but there's nothing. This episode was complete and utter nothing. These huge-ass seasons are so pointless. At least they trimmed it down to 26 episodes in season 9, but that's still 4 too many.

Anyway... 10 episodes to bye-bye Brandon.

• Love 3

I'm trying to think of something to comment on, but there's nothing. This episode was complete and utter nothing. These huge-ass seasons are so pointless. At least they trimmed it down to 26 episodes in season 9, but that's still 4 too many.

And there are still 7 (6 if they do the finale as one 2 hr ep) episodes left in the season. 7! That's 1/3 of a normal tv show season.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I have nothing to say on this episode, it was boring. I remember seeing this as a rerun a lot because I always remember the scene when Donna asks that customer why she’s returning her dress.

Also as for what you guys can do now that the Sassy article is over(sad they were my fave part too) you guys should try and find some of the cast mates lifetime tv movies and do short ten second reviews on them. Sometimes you can find a few online.

I’m quoting myself because I have a better idea for your ten second lifetime reviews lovely podcast hosts, you should ask one of us to narrow down a lifetime movie and review it in ten seconds and you guys can read it! That way of a forum poster has seen one of the TV movies already they can do that and send it your way!!!

• Love 1

I am so frustrated with this show. I didn't get this upset when Melrose Place was ending. Tara and Sarah, you are doing God's work and I appreciate it. I am looking forward to Vanessa Marcil at this point (I loved her on General Hospital.) However, I wouldn't have been upset if Fox had cancelled the show after this season with all the plots dangling. The only soapy thing this season was Brandon sleeping with Angel Boris but that lacked the suds. This has to be the worst season of the show.

40 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I’m quoting myself because I have a better idea for your ten second lifetime reviews lovely podcast hosts, you should ask one of us to narrow down a lifetime movie and review it in ten seconds and you guys can read it! That way of a forum poster has seen one of the TV movies already they can do that and send it your way!!!

I second this. I like the movie where Kellie Martin kills Tori Spelling because she was mean to her. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, deliciousscones said:

I am so frustrated with this show. I didn't get this upset when Melrose Place was ending. Tara and Sarah, you are doing God's work and I appreciate it. I am looking forward to Vanessa Marcil at this point (I loved her on General Hospital.) However, I wouldn't have been upset if Fox had cancelled the show after this season with all the plots dangling. The only soapy thing this season was Brandon sleeping with Angel Boris but that lacked the suds. This has to be the worst season of the show.

I second this. I like the movie where Kellie Martin kills Tori Spelling because she was mean to her. 

Death of a cheerleader!!!That’s my favorite life time movie. But there’s also a fun one with TAT and BAG and I can’t remember the name. Tori has been in a whole bunch though.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Death of a cheerleader!!!That’s my favorite life time movie. But there’s also a fun one with TAT and BAG and I can’t remember the name. Tori has been in a whole bunch though.

Mother May I Sleep With Danger is a classic but I prefer Death of a Cheerleader. I don't remember the TAT and BAG movie. Was Tori in an Amy Fisher movie or was that an SNL joke? 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, deliciousscones said:

Mother May I Sleep With Danger is a classic but I prefer Death of a Cheerleader. I don't remember the TAT and BAG movie. Was Tori in an Amy Fisher movie or was that an SNL joke? 

If she was,, I must of missed it! Jennie was in a whole bunch as well but I can’t remember them off my head. In fact the only one off the top of my head with JG is a one that’s pretty recent which I would totally review because it was not good it was called girl positive but she played a counselor. I feel like tori was the big star of the lifetime TV movies.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

If she was,, I must of missed it! Jennie was in a whole bunch as well but I can’t remember them off my head. In fact the only one off the top of my head with JG is a one that’s pretty recent which I would totally review because it was not good it was called girl positive but she played a counselor. I feel like tori was the big star of the lifetime TV movies.

I think because a lot of them had Aaron Spelling's name attached to them in some way that Tori was able to get a bunch of them. 

Tiffani and Brian were in She Fought Alone, a tv movie that can easily be found on youtube and, while terrible, is completely engrossing.  When it occurs to me to watch, I will do so in one sitting and enjoy myself without shame.

• Love 5

I hate that I know this, but: the Beat doesn't get a website until what's her nuts redhead from Melrose's stint as Steve and then David's shady gf. There is sexing on the newsroom's livestream. It is all terrible. I need to go take a shower now. 

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, deliciousscones said:

Nah, the Amy Fishers were Drew Barrymore, Alyssa Milano, and Noelle Parker (Brenda’s shoplifting friend from early season 1)- I could swear the big 3 networks even aired them all against each other on the same night?

Edited by MCMLXXVII
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Molly Cule said:

I hate that I know this, but: the Beat doesn't get a website until what's her nuts redhead from Melrose's stint as Steve and then David's shady gf. There is sexing on the newsroom's livestream. It is all terrible. I need to go take a shower now. 

56 minutes ago, Kimmykun said:

Sydney was on 90210?

Jamie "Turbo" Luner?

1 minute ago, MCMLXXVII said:

Nah, the Amy Fisher’s were Drew Barrymore, Alyssa Milano, and Noelle Parker (Brenda’s shoplifting friend from early season 1)- I could swear the big 3 networks even aired them all against each other on the same night?

You made me happy that the the Tori Spelling Amy Fisher movie was a SNL sketch.  I remember seeing SNL make fun of it when it reran on Comedy Central. I use to love the E! True Hollywood Story and I know that the 3 networks airing the movies against each other is true. I remember it being brought up on Amy Fisher's THS.

• Love 1
  2 hours ago, Kimmykun said:

Sydney was on 90210?

Laura Leighton was on, but not as Sydney which I found really confusing by the time I got to watch the episodes. 

But 90210 and Melrose were in the same universe, so why was she someone else?

You know what? Who cares.

Moving on.

• Love 4

Not too long ago, Lifetime did a remake of Mother May I Sleep with Danger? They ran the original and and the remake as a double feature. I screamed during the original when we got a Tori Spelling trademarked "heeen" in it.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Kimmykun said:

and 10 episodes til they can do the Kim challenge again! and Dylan does even ore mad bad and dangerous things - taking Kelly and Gina to mexico to get heroin to name a couple

• Love 1

I actually think there's a one episode gap - Brandon leaves episode, in-between episode, Valerie leaves/Dylan returns episode.

Yeah, there is. I looked up the episode summaries and the first handful of episodes in season 9 are just people coming and going.

Brandon is in episodes 1-3, and 5, Val is in 1-7, and Dylan comes in at the end of episode 7. And there's also the introductions of NeoBrandon in episode 4 and NuVal in episode 7.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Kimmykun said:

Yeah, there is. I looked up the episode summaries and the first handful of episodes in season 9 are just people coming and going.

Brandon is in episodes 1-3, and 5, Val is in 1-7, and Dylan comes in at the end of episode 7. And there's also the introductions of NeoBrandon in episode 4 and NuVal in episode 7.

OOOHHHHHHHH YEAH! ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I HAVE WATCHED SEASON 9 NOT SINCE IT PLAYED ON SOAPNET (RIP) ITS WEIRD THOUGH BC HULU HAS THE "BRANDON LEAVES" EPISODE AS EPISODE 6??? 

(edited)

I thought the header photo was of Kelly for quite a while ... Which is disturbing on a number of levels. Also, if you're not bright enough to fool stupid baby Donna, than you should probably be in the care of others.

Can you imagine the on-set infighting by the crew about who got to pelt Brandon with fruit? I hope it took 1,000 takes.

Edited by STOPSHOUTING
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

I will never not tire of some ridiculous cold open being gobbled up by the show's credits.   

The dark  cold openings and then the  bright and happy clap clap of the credits is the best. That’s why I loved the mini we had a month or so ago where they used other tv show moments and then played the credits theme. It’s why I totally think the powers that be were trolling and making their own fun.. “wait.. we have to write more episodes?!?! What...? This is episode 25!” I mean damn.. I know this show became insufferable for viewers-I wouldn’t know first hand, as I didn’t watch until soapnet because I was a zygote when it aired- but can you imagine having to create it and write? Ir makes sense they had to start making their own fun.

• Love 4
On 14/6/2018 at 6:13 PM, STOPSHOUTING said:

I thought the header photo was of Kelly for quite a while ... Which is disturbing on a number of levels. Also, if you're not bright enough to fool stupid baby Donna, than you should probably be in the care of others.

Can you imagine the on-set infighting by the crew about who got to pelt Brandon with fruit? I hope it took 1,000 takes.

Both of these are excellent points! 

(edited)
On 6/11/2018 at 5:43 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Death of a cheerleader is on Amazon prime for those who have that service. Tori plays the mean girl too well for it to be an act. She sucks acting.

I will also always remember the one where Sharon Lawrence starts banging her best friends teenage son...Brian Austin Green.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

Death of a cheerleader is on Amazon prime for those who have that service. Tori plays the mean girl too well for it to be an act. She sucks acting.

I will also always remember the one where Sharon Lawrence starts banging her best friends teenage son...Brian Austin Green.

Death of a cheerleader is quite gold actually. 

• Love 1

What the hell was Kelly doing at Val's birthday party and looking all happy?

It's been pointed out before but Michelle Phillips really should have been cast as Kelly's mom, as the two look so much alike.

Jerry's two-faced girlfriend from the Festivus episode (the title of that episode coincidentally was called The Strike) is one of my all-time favorites.

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:30 PM, MCMLXXVII said:

Nah, the Amy Fishers were Drew Barrymore, Alyssa Milano, and Noelle Parker (Brenda’s shoplifting friend from early season 1)- I could swear the big 3 networks even aired them all against each other on the same night?

Right.  "Tori Spelling" as Amy Fisher was an SNL joke, a great episode of the show hosted by Danny DeVito that focused almost exclusively on the Amy Fisher story.  I can't remember who it was playing Tori Spelling but it was called like "Amy Fisher 10516" and had DeVito playing Joey Buttafuco, telling Tori/Amy that "I've got socks older than you."  Which led Not Tori to declare "Ewww..."

• Love 2
On 6/25/2018 at 5:40 AM, SoupThrower said:

I always wondered why David was a better boyfriend to Valerie than he was to Donna. Guess he was fine with Claire.

Yeah but him an Val only dated for a few episodes their first time around and during that time, she was playing hard to get with him and was more into Colin than him so he was just focused on winning her over... and the second time they dated, he pitied her and her situation, but it was clear he was just going through the motions with her and was over their relationship.

Claire and him had a pretty pointless relationship, as it was really never mentioned again after they broke up and they seemed pretty indifferent with each other the whole time they dated.

My Faves not listed are this one where Shannen is a singer and has a single white female stalker, one where Jennie is a young teen who marries a pervy older guy and later he’s abusive so she kills him, and another with Jennie where she’s held in a mental hospital against her will.  

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, CurlyATX said:

My Faves not listed are this one where Shannen is a singer and has a single white female stalker, one where Jennie is a young teen who marries a pervy older guy and later he’s abusive so she kills him, and another with Jennie where she’s held in a mental hospital against her will.  

The one with Shannen is “Friends Til The End” and it’s a fave of mine, as well. It’s like Showgirls. It’s so bad that it’s good. 

• Love 2