Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Giving and Receiving

• Start Topic

(edited)

Billy Porter appeared on Watch What Happens Live, I think, Tuesday night. He was so fun and charming and adorable. They played a game challenging BP to match the pitch of various Real Housewives cast members, who were either shrieking, ranting, or calling attention to themselves in some way.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I think Pray Tell said something about Casual Corner to diss one of the ball participants.  I laughed because I used to shop at one in DC a lot.  

I remember Casual Corner, too. ?

• Love 2

It was all about the hospital scenes for me.  Helena and Pray Tell putting up ultimate armor when they encountered each other (and boy, do they have some serious armor!) and then reduced to helplessness in the face of their suffering and dying loved ones.  TV rarely gets to go where these scenes took us.  Awesome.

The Snow Ball was a bigtime unforced error.  It was built up as THE event and it was not much later than the smack down of Evangelista by Abundance.  It felt like an F U to viewers and it wasted a dynamic which TPTB went to great lengths to establish.  

It is very difficult for me to care about Damon as he does not sufficiently care about himself.   IRL, when I have helped folks who were in a bad way, I learned quickly to put up shields for those who would not, or could not, follow through on basic responsibilities.  It's almost always a wasted effort.  That's where Damon is for me.  His choosing an affair with Ricky further cements my belief that he is nowhere near ready for the support he is being given.  It's a tragic, and all-too frequent reality.  Blanca Quixote is about to have her heart and spirit crushed.  

• Love 8
On 6/23/2018 at 11:04 PM, LittleIggy said:
On 6/23/2018 at 8:53 PM, Ohwell said:

I think Pray Tell said something about Casual Corner to diss one of the ball participants.  I laughed because I used to shop at one in DC a lot.  

I remember Casual Corner, too. ?

Casual Corner one of the first stores to have plastic bags and they made handy totes for wet gloves or shoes in the winter.  Every time I hear the name I remember the time I was glad to have one of those bags with me to pee in when I was stuck on the road  in a car for over eight hours during a heavy snow storm.  So yeah, I laughed too.

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:53 PM, Ohwell said:

I used to work at Casual Corner.  Bought my first, last, and only pair of Calvin Klein jeans size 14 with my employee discount.  Unfortunately, we had sales targets to meet and I only met mine once so at the ripe old age of 19 I discovered I was never going to be a saleswoman and focused on other career goals.  LOL!

• Love 5
On 6/17/2018 at 10:52 PM, SimoneS said:

The acting was better this episode although the standards are low. Nice to get more Pray Tell. I like how they portrayed the neglect at the hospital. It was realistic. It is too easy to forget how people with AIDS/HIV were treated in the early days when so many people including medical personnel thought the disease was contagious. 

The christmas exchange was sweet. It is nice to see how Blanca has formed this family full of love and generosity. Ricky really seems moved to be a part of Blanca's family, let's see how long that lasts.

I loved Elektra and her girls stealing the kettle full of money. I was rolling, very slick. Of course, she takes all the money and uses it for her surgery. Can't say I blame her, but she should have been honest with her children.

AIDS in  the 80s & early 90s was hell. Damn Reagan to hell.