Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

And here I thought I'd never have to put up with Laurel again after I stopped watching Arrow. FML.

Looks like your safe. Matt M updated his article

Leading into The Flash‘s PaleyFest Q&A on Saturday, a teaser reel included Laurel Lance’s introduction to Cisco (during his and Det. Joe West’s Arrow crossover). Upon learning she is the Canary, the S.T.A.R. Labs fanboy discloses his crush on the costumed crimefighter: “I love you!”

• Love 1

Looks like your safe. Matt M updated his article

I hope that's true, I would hate to have to see her on this show and have even more people prop her up. The tell not show is the whole reason Laurel is a fail character. 

• Love 2

So Laurel isn't going to be on The Flash? I was hoping she would be. I don't watch Arrow but I know about the Laurel vs. Felicity fan wars so I kinda wanted to see her so I could see what all the fuss is about. I actually didn't like Felicity on The Flash.

Edited by peachmangosteen

It's not really Laurel vs Felicity, more like Laurel vs everything else.  Both Sara and Felicity became prominent on Arrow because the character of Laurel wasn't working.  The problem is that like with Katrina on Sleepy Hollow, the producers love her.  Everyone on Arrow has had to tell her how wonderful she is, and now she's coming to Central City so the Flash cast can tell her too.

As much as I'd like Laurel to move to The Flash because there's a better balance of characters here and CCPD is actually efficient so she could work as a lawyer, there's really no role for a Black Canary who is just learning to fight on this show because the metahumans can get it all done faster and easier.

But if she's here to get her Canary Cry, she won't really fit into Arrow any more either.  Every metahuman or superpower on that show detracts from the Oliver Queen premise.

• Love 1
It's not really Laurel vs Felicity, more like Laurel vs everything else.  Both Sara and Felicity became prominent on Arrow because the character of Laurel wasn't working.

Or people just wouldn't accept a character that was evolving. From a writing standpoint she was fine...but fans like the non-subtle dramatic acting and one liners Felicity brings. 

• Love 3

No, objectively, it wasn't fine at all, but this is a topic for a different thread. Personally, I'm just glad I won't have to see a character who ruined Arrow for me on Flash.

(BTW, Felicity wasn't even in my top 3 characters list, and I never shipped Olicity, so my dislike for Laurel isn't colored by shipping and stuff).

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 3

I don't understand the intense hate-boner for Laurel. The clip with her and Cisco was adorable, and I assume she's there to get her Canary Cry, which I'm personally happy about.

Is there anywhere online to see this scene? Not a huge Laurel fan, but so far I've enjoyed all the crossover interactions.

Is there anywhere online to see this scene? Not a huge Laurel fan, but so far I've enjoyed all the crossover interactions.

I found a video that I'll post in the Spoiler thread.

I don't actually mind laurel's arrival on this show. Hopefully she can become an Iris confidante. So with Laurel learning Barry's identity that means that Iris and Thea are the only ones not Barry's identity. I'm taking bets on who will learn first.

A few other points of interest:

I'm glad they're addressing the prison situation this season

I'm also happy that they're not going to let Barry and Joe off the hook with regards to keeping the secret from Iris.

Is it wrong that I'm more eager to see season two then I am the back end of this season?

Also, get Cisco a girlfriend, pronto. Dude's getting ridiculous with his perving over every young girl that he comes across.

I don't actually mind laurel's arrival on this show. Hopefully she can become an Iris confidante. 

I'd like that. But Felicity fits the role better. Candice and Emily are friends and have really nice onscreen chemistry, so I'd like to see that extended in 1.18.

There are filming pictures of them on a formal outing with the guys, so we know they'll be sharing some scenes

I'd like that. But Felicity fits the role better.

I think Laurel has an assertiveness to her that iris could benefit from picking up. Character wise, my one complaint about iris is that she's a bit of a pushover (other then that blog), iris needs someone like Laurel in her life to help her develop an assertive type quality.

• Love 3

I think Laurel has an assertiveness to her that iris could benefit from picking up. Character wise, my one complaint about iris is that she's a bit of a pushover (other then that blog), iris needs someone like Laurel in her life to help her develop an assertive type quality.

Laurel had no idea that Oliver was a womanizing douchebag until her sister "died" on the boat with him. She had no idea that Oliver was the Arrow until supervillain Slade knocked on her door and politely told her. She blamed the Arrow for the death of her sometimes boyfriend, Tommy, even though he died rescuing her from a collapsing building that she had been repeatedly told to leave. She went so far as to organize a manhunt for the Arrow over this. She threw a drunken bitch fit over her sister returning from the dead. Then, she lied to her father for months about her sister being dead again, even going so far as to put on her sister's superhero outfit to fool him. Laurel's bad news, Iris would do well to steer clear of her.

Also, Laurel's unpopularity might rub off on Iris. They use the really popular characters, like Felicity (and apparently, Cisco!), to prop the unpopular ones. Iris isn't popular enough to help Laurel, but Laurel is unpopular enough to hurt Iris by association.

Edited by Lokiberry
  • Love 3

Woot!!

They're gonna explore what happened while Barry was in the coma!! YEAHHHHHH!!!! Finally we get an Iris PoV during that time.

Warning: I haven't watched last night's episode yet so I'm not sure how much of the clips in this are from it and how much of it is future spoilery.

Edited video out...

It looks like they borrowed a piece from Justice League: DOOM for the flash speed bracelet bomb there... Nice.

• Love 1

Comments from John Wesley Shipp about his roles on both Flash shows from Emerald City ComicCon.

... Reed asked Shipp about his process in switching back and forth between different types of roles. "What people don't realize is that good guys are, in my opinion, actually harder to play," Shipp said. "The villains -- why do they stand out? They're the ones that move the plot. The challenge in playing a hero is, how do you keep this guy active? Basically, he's responding to the villains. How do you keep that interesting? I find villains easier to play."

Speaking of the incoming end of The CW's first "Flash" season, "It's not going to let up between now and the season finale," Shipp said. "I go back to Vancouver at the end of the week to film the season finale." Shipp said an advantage of the show is that the executive producers are "writing what they want to see. They are delighted. They're writing things that they dig." ...

• Love 1

Cisco's Tumblr has been updated. Looks like he's been reconsidering the metahuman prison too.

http://chroniclesofcisco.tumblr.com/

That bit with Caitlin and the car vacuum... priceless!

I'm still of the opinion that the residents of the Pipeline will be freed when Grodd shows up and gets all indignant.  Feeling himself (and gorillas in general) morally superior to humans is a big part of who he is.

• Love 2

Yes the preview is freaking awesome. An all STAR Team up all right.

Do you guys realise that Firestorm and Arrow are going to be in the same scene/s together, do you know what that means, its a family affair.

The Flash, Atom,Arrow, Firestorm teaming up, cant wait... 

• Love 2

Yes the preview is freaking awesome. An all STAR Team up all right.

Do you guys realise that Firestorm and Arrow are going to be in the same scene/s together, do you know what that means, its a family affair.

The Flash, Atom,Arrow, Firestorm teaming up, cant wait...

It's a whole family of supers!
  • Love 2
(edited)

There's also Barry vs Barry (or someone with the same suit), a repeat of the Wells/Cisco confrontation (presumably it won't end the same way), and Ollie about to get skewered by Reverse Flash. 

Edited by cambridgeguy
(edited)

Pretty much all of it looks great, but have to admit that I really get a kick out of how it looks like there is going to be an episode where all the metahumans they locked up, have broken out (there's a shot of Weather Wizard, The Mist, and I think Mirror Master together, looking mighty smug.)  I was hoping this "lock the dangerous people right underneath us" plan of theirs would end up backfiring on Team Flash.  I just hope Peek-a-boo broke out too, and just got the hell out of dodge.  I wonder how this happens.  I'm still putting my money on Weather Wizard: Spartacus knows how to lead rebellions!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2

I've said in another thread, I think Grodd lets them out... he loves letting the humans know that he is their intellectual and moral superior, and how better to do it than to call them out on their prison.

• Love 2

Wait you know right at the end we see this non descript human male form? (It was pointed out over on the afterbuzz tv Flash show ) Could that be how we keep TC on the show but get rid of Eobard?

Eiling, looking in good shape, concerns me. He's already distrustful of metas, he's been taken prisoner by a meta (nevermind he and Wells working together to experiment on Grodd), and he's likely controlled by Grodd. How is this going to help any heroes, meta or not, if General Wade Eiling is somehow freed from Grodd's influence?

I just hope Peek-a-boo broke out too, and just got the hell out of dodge.

I second that^.  She's got a regular mobster, Wells and the Flash, and then whoever actually frees the prisoners? I'd teleport almost anywhere else to get away!

Personally, I'm just glad I won't have to see a character who ruined Arrow for me on Flash.

I think Laurel is going to be on The Flash, arent Cisco and Joe visiting Starling city in Flash's 1x18 episode? while the others and some Arrow characters will be in central city. Sort of like an "exchange program" between the two shows.

In any case its bound to happen eventually, her mother lives in Central City and the two shows are in  the same universe.

"non descript human male form"  The one being thrown across the room at 0:57?

No the one at 0.54. Then again it could be the shape shifter so that's theory is out

• Love 1