Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

(From the Outside the box thread):

Heck yes! But Joe and Cisco have to get in on this[ a musical episode] as well.

Jesse  L. Martin was on The Talk Friday and the ladies asked if there would be a musical episode, since there are lots of musically-inclined folks there. He was up for  one, but there was nothing said definitively. 

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_talk/video/?pid=JWwZwmeBFJO2  (His segment starts at about 24 minutes/after about the 4th or 5th ad break.) 

Another actor from the old series is coming back, playing a character with the same name!

I am really impressed at the extent to which this show honors its predecessor.  I initially thought that, if we were lucky, John Wesley Shipp might be brought in at some point as Jay Garrick.  To have him play such an important part in the story, if not a large role in terms of screen time, was a pleasant shock.  To then have them bring in Amanda Pays and this latest actor in updated versions of the same roles is stunning.  (Mark Hamill was practically a no-brainer if he were willing to do it, just because he's Mark Hamill.)  The only other surviving big name from the earlier show to bring back would be the Mirror Master, ideally in a crossover ep that brings in Laurel; he was played by David Cassidy.

• Love 2

Clickhole is a parody site by the same folks as The Onion and The AV Club.  The idea is to create clickbait-worthy posts that perhaps mimic or satirize actual clickbait. I know it's not serious like most of the other pieces in this thread, but I thought it deserved a mention. 

• Love 1

Mark Hamill interview; talks a little bit about being asked back to The Flash:

... When they said the Trickster, I just had to laugh. I think they’re really smart the way they’ve handled this show,  balancing between reality and the fantasy. I said, “I don’t want it to be age inappropriate.” What looked good 20 years ago might look foolish at my age, running around. But wait until you see what they’ve done. There’s a new Trickster, Devon Graye, it’s just a knockout performance by this kid. ...

Article about Robbie Amell and Victor Garber on The Flash.

Carlos Valdes interview - a couple of spoilers.

Robbie Amell interview - spoilers for the next episode.

Another spoiler-ish Amell interview:

MTV: And finally, who do you think would win in a fight: Firestorm or Arrow?

Amell: Oh, Firestorm by a mile! That’s probably why I haven’t been on Arrow yet. He’s got a bow and arrow; I’ve got nuclear energy. I’m covered in fire and I can fly! He can shoot arrows. That would be like Superman against Katniss. I’m sure Stephen [Amell] will be really excited about that comparison.

• Love 1

If anyone wants something to ogle during the hiatus, this artist has been linked in the Arrow forum. He's a comics fan and a fan of comics TV shows; he has quite a few illustrations based off of The Flash.

Also, Grant may be as as much of a goober as Barry.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
(edited)

The Flash got a few Saturn Award nominations:

Best Superhero Adaptation Television Series:

Agent Carter
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Arrow
Constantine
The Flash
Gotham

Best Actor in a Television Series:

Hugh Dancy, Hannibal
Grant Gustin, The Flash
Andrew Lincoln, The Walking Dead
Tobias Menzies, Outlander
Mads Mikkelsen, Hannibal
Noah Wyle, Falling Skies

Best Guest Performance in a Television Series:

Dominic Cooper, Agent Carter
Neil Patrick Harris, American Horror Story: Freak Show
John Larroquette, The Librarians
Wentworth Miller, The Flash
Michael Pitt, Hannibal
Andrew J. West, The Walking Dead

Edited by Trini

Best Superhero Adaptation Television Series:

Agent Carter

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Arrow

Constantine

The Flash

Gotham

Hmmm, I'd say that's a category where it's not really an honor just being nominated.

• Love 1

New promo art for Reverse Flash, and the Flash.

The Flash (and other WB properties) will be at WonderCon:

Stars and producers scheduled to attend WonderCon 2015 include:

· The Flash stars Danielle Panabaker, Candice Patton, Carlos Valdes, along with executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg.

SUNDAY, APRIL 5

1:30-2:30 p.m. The Flash Special Video Presentation and Q&A - ... Join Danielle Panabaker, Candice Patton, Carlos Valdes, along with executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg for a special video presentation and Q&A.

And the cast will be at Paleyfest this weekend.

Good stuff coming up for Eddie.

Laurel is also crossing over. 

Joe/Grodd have a confrontation. 

And they confirmed that someone from the Flash family is making an appearance next season (most likely Wally or Bart).